An A3 is a quite big size used to make posters, plans, presentations, portfolios, and charts effectively than A4 size. So, A3 printers are a great option for both professionals and students to have a large sized prints. With its excellent print speed without compromise on print quality, this suits best for architects.
Most of these modern A3 printers comes with multifunctional roles like scanning, faxing and copying along with printing and has multiple connectivity options. It is a bit expensive than standard printers but it offers various features which makes it worth buying. So, to make your investment as ideal, you have to keep these 2 main factors before its purchase.
- Speed – Speed is determined by pages per minute (PPM) and always choose a printer with a decent speed. An average A3 printer can handle speed for up to 13 – 15 PPM for black & white documents and 11 – 13 PPM for colored documents. It’s ideal to choose a printer that has at least 15 ppm capacity.
- Connectivity & Compatibility – It is compatible with both of your mobile or PC. Most of the A3 printers are confined to window operating system whereas others integrate with Mac OS or Linux OS. So, check the specifications to know if the printer you’re buying is accessible with your computer’s operating system. Also, use a printer with USB connection and wireless capabilities (like Bluetooth & Wi-Fi connection) along with internet enabled.
Apart from key features, you have to consider various specifications like print yield, resolution, functionality, its types, etc. which are clearly mentioned in the below Buying Guide. Looking for the best A3 printer to take larger printouts with high quality. Here are some of the best-selling A3 printer in India. Go through the article and choose the best printer that suits perfect for your office.
4 Best A3 Printers In India
|A3 Printers||Print Speed||Functionality||Warranty||Buy Now|
|Canon A3 Printer||51 seconds for A3 papers||1 Year||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Epson L1300 A3 4 Printer||15 PPM (Color) & 33 PPM (Black)||1 Year||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Brother MFC Printer||35 PPM (Mono) & 27 PPM (Color)||Print, Scan, Copy & Fax||1 Year||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Epson L1455 A3 Inkjet Printer||32 PPM (Black) & 20 PPM (Color)||Print, Copy, Scan & Fax||1 Year||CHECK ON AMAZON|
4 Best A3 Printers In India Reviews
Canon is one of the best brands in printers, which is known for its high quality prints of documents, photos and reports. This Pixma pro-100 is an 8 dye-based color ink printer, which provides fine-colored and beautiful prints. This makes it ideal for exhibition prints or larger printing requirements.
The Wi-Fi connectivity of this printer will allow the user to prints from their devices like smart phones, PC, laptops or tablets. Also, it has USB and Ethernet connectivity ports. It is compatible with wide range of paper media, which let user to take print on any paper.
It comes with a print resolution of 4800 X 2400 dpi that allows you to print excellent quality on media for up to size (13X19 inches). Its Optimum Image Generating System will enable printer to select the logical ink combination to produce a real – life colored prints.
The versatile paper handling with two-way paper feed trays – rear tray for most media and back tray for thicker papers. This high-end printer with a lot of in-built features is definitely a best option for either home or commercial users.
The drawback is that it uses dye based ink which are more prone to fading. The perfect combination of canon papers and chrome life 100+ ink will make the prints lasts longer than 100 years if stored properly.
- Type – Inkjet Printer
- Speed – 51 seconds for A3 papers
- Media – A3, A3+, A4 and more
- Resolution – 4800 X 2400 dpi
- Functionality – Print
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi
- Weight – 9.5 kg
- Color – Black & Silver
- Warranty – 1 year
- Print Speed (Black & White) – 1.2 PPM
- Ideal for printing vibrant and glossy photos.
- Elegant design and built for professional quality prints.
- High quality dedicated ink cartridge for grayscale prints of A3 size easily.
- Affordable and compact.
- Installation instructions are bit confusing.
- A bit expensive.
This Epson L1300 is an excellent color printer with spectacular features. It is compact, affordable, and extremely fast printers to have at your office, educational institutions, and home. The high-capacity ink tank system will yield up to 7100 pages for black and up to 5700 pages for color without requiring to refill it. The ink used in this printer will deliver great hassle-free prints of reports, advertising materials, documents, PPTs, and graphics.
The On-demand inkjet printing technology with piezoelectric nozzle will support both color prints (black, yellow, cyan and magenta) and monochrome printing. This printer is compatible to take printouts with various paper sizes like A3, A3+, A4, A6, A5, B5, B4, DL (envelope), C6 (envelope), No.10 (envelope), 10X15 cm, 13X18 cm, & 13X20 cm. It has 20 photo sheets and 100 sheets standard tray capacity. So, it is the best option for those who are looking for a high quality prints at less cost.
To avail a free installation and support on this model from Epson, you can contact them on 1860 3000 1600 on any working hours. It comes with 1-year warranty against manufacturing defects from the date of purchase.
- Type – Inkjet Printer
- Speed – 33 pages per minute
- Warranty – 1 year
- Print Speed – 5.5 pages per minute.
- Color Printing Speed – 15 PPM
- Black & White Printing Speed – 33 PPM.
- Print Resolution – 5760 X 5706 dpi
- Weight – 12.2 kg
- Connectivity – USB
- Color – Black
- Media Handling – Manual Duplex
- High speed performance.
- Easy to configure and highly user friendly ink bottles.
- Value for money
- Great for presentations of business reports, CAD drawings, charts, etc.
- Super reliability and best print quality.
- Comes with a starter kit of 5 Epson ink bottles.
- Media flexibility that accepts wide variety of printing media.
- Nozzle needs to be cleaned frequently to get best print quality.
- Poor customer service.
This Brother MFC-T4500DW multifunction printer is one of the best printers that definitely fulfill the need of all home users and refill tank system. It can print both color and monochrome documents. It is cost-effective and supports 2-sided printing automatically without any manual work. It can be used to print reports, photographs, documents, etc.
It features of printing, scanning, copying and faxing the documents (up to A3 sizes) with a built-in wireless technology & Ethernet connectivity. The ink used in the printer is refillable and provide an excellent quality prints.
The ledger size scan glass will create high impact business documents with easy to read details. The auto document feeder will add convenience of unattended scan and copy with a 50-sheet capacity. It offers various features like borderless printing, wired/wireless connectivity, 250 sheets paper tray, 100 sheets multi-purpose tray, print up to 22/20 IPM color, etc. So, if you’re looking for a durable and affordable printer then this A3 inkjet multi-function printer.
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi, USB
- Type – Ink Tank Printer
- Functionality – Print, Scan, Fax & Copy.
- Warranty – 1 year
- Speed – 35 PPM
- Ink Color – Black, Cyan, Yellow & Magenta
- Page Yield – 13000 pages (black) & 5000 pages (color)
- Color – Black
- Weight – 20.5 kg
- Media Handling – Auto Duplex Printing
- Durable, reliable, and affordable printer
- Produces high quality print outs.
- Refill tank system.
- Automatic 2-sided printing.
- Built – in wireless connectivity.
- Functions as scan, copy, fax and print.
- Suits best for both home and commercial usage.
- A heavy printer.
- Due to its less price, the availability will be an issue.
This is another printer from Epson brand that comes with cutting edge technology. When combined with scanner, it will be able to print all kinds of documents up to A3+ size. Its unbeatable speed and excellent technology will make it incorporate automatic duplex printing. It comes with an excellent quality ink and can print about 6000 pages for black and 6500 pages for color.
Its highly affordable ink will produce efficient results. It supports Epson Scan 2, TIFF, JPEG, PDF, Multi-TIFF, BMP, PNG & searchable PDF documents and thus it is treated as best A3 printer for architects in India. It is used in printing documents, reports, spreadsheets, photographs and diagrams with clarity. Also, one can also perform copying and faxing for A3 size with this printer.
It is equipped with dual 250-sheets input tray that allows the user to set 2 different paper sizes in separate trays, which saves the time and effort in printing documents of different sizes and touch screen color LCD. It is easy to setup and PC less operation with a 4.3 touchscreen color LCD.
The print speed is 18 ipm for A4 and 10 ipm for A3 sized documents. The Epson Precision Core print heads will aid in fine quality prints. This blazing speed printing and high-end technology will make it as an excellent printer for both office and home purpose.
- Type – All in one color inkjet printer
- Print Speed – 32 PPM (Black) & 20 PPM (Color)
- Weight – 23 kg
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi
- Warranty – 1 year
- Color – Black
- Wireless connectivity (Wi-Fi direct & Ethernet)
- Suitable for both home and commercial users.
- Scanning, faxing, printing, and copying are available.
- Duplex automatic document feeder
- Value for money
- Slightly space occupied.
- One can’t use Wi-fi & wi-fi direct simultaneously.
How To Select The Best A3 Printers?
A3 printers are used to take printout on A3 size paper (11.69 X 16.53 inches) but can print up to 13X19 inches paper size. An A3 printer is used to print on both A3, A3+ and A4 size. Before purchasing an A3 printers, one has to check with these specifications to grab the best A3 printer.
Just like other printers, resolution is an essential factor to consider while buying an A3 printers. It is measured in dots per inch (dpi) and defines the quality of printout. The higher the resolution, the greater the print quality. In general, the resolution of consumer grade printers will range from 300 – 1200 dpi whereas for high-end printers, it falls around 1000 – 2400 dpi.
Most printers claim to support A3 papers but may or may not handle such media. Thus, results in a distorted quality of print/picture. So, one has to check the resolution of A3 printers to make it as an ideal investment.
Speed varies among various printers and one should go for the printer with a decent speed. It is determined by pages per minute (PPM), which determines its efficiency. A modern average A3 printer can handle speed for up to 13 – 15 PPM for black & white documents and 11 – 13 PPM for colored documents. The high – end printers can easily handle the speed of more than 30 pages per minute. It’s ideal to choose a printer that has at least 20 – 25 ppm capacity.
3. Compatibility & Connectivity:
The printer should be compatible with both of your mobile or PC. Most of the A3 printers are confined to window operating system whereas others integrate with Mac OS or Linux operating systems. So, you have to check the specifications to know whether the printer you’re buying is accessible with the operating system of your computer.
It is recommended to use a wireless printer along with internet enabled. In most cases, you have to download templates or icons for your project. So, invest on a printer that access on internet.
The printers offer varying range of capabilities like some print only in black & white, while others can handle both color and black & white prints. Most of the A3 printer models go beyond printing to incorporate various other functions like photocopying, and scanning without any additional cost. So, choose the printer with required functionality that comes within your budget range.
5. Paper Handling:
Paper handling / media is always suggested to purchase a printer which not only print on A3 or tabloid sized papers but also capable of printing regular, envelop, letter and other types of media. Also, make sure to check about the paper tray and ADF capacity to increase its efficiency. So, check for printers having a specialty paper tray.
6. Size / Portability:
It is essential to check the amount of space you allocate to printer, either in your home or office before its purchase. This will let you choose the best possible size printer without occupying most of your workplace. Also, the printer should be portable enough, that let you carry the printer to your work site without much difficulty. So, find a stylish sleek models that suits perfect for your available space and complement your room.
In general, most of the printers come with USB connection and wireless capabilities (like Bluetooth & Wi-Fi connection) for a quick and easy to use connection. All you need is to know is the number of computers connected to printer and which connections are suitable based on computers you’re using. For instance, wireless connectivity suit best for group usage, as it provides flexibility and convenience.
8. Work Load & Print Quality:
You should get a clear idea on how many pages you’re expecting to take print out in a day (or) where you want to use the printer – in office or home? Or what sort of print quality you’re expecting? The work load relates with its capabilities and price. For instance, high end printers with best print quality, which costs high are required in a busy office, whereas for light or home usage, prefer normal A3 printers with low – mid price range.
This electro-mechanical device is not an exception to manufacturing related faults, it may have some unexpected errors while using. So, it’s prudent to check the warranty details along with brand to get quality products. For printers, the manufacturers provide warranty from a few months to a few years.
Other than the retail price of the printer but forget about its energy efficiency, which may increase their electricity bill. So, it is ideal to pick a best product that comes with energy saving capabilities. In these days, manufacturers produce printers with high output at low electricity consumption. So, it’s essential to focus on print output, extent of printing, and usability other than price.
11. Other Features:
Here are some other specifications, which you have to check it once before buying an A3 printer.
- Automatic Duplex Printing – It is the ability to print on both sides of paper. Some all-in-one / multifunctional printer offers this feature. It comes in handy and quite useful while printing high volumes of information to save a lot of space and paper.
- Scanner – A printer without a scanner is a not a complete pack. So, choose a multifunction printer with a high-resolution scanner which is capable of scanning A3 sized papers.
- Ink – Whether you’re looking for a color one or a standard mono cartridge. The printer should have economical ink usage per page. So, purchase the great value multi-pack of top quality cartridges, which is ready for quick and easy installation.
- Identify the Need – You should know what type of documents you want to print in work environment. The printer can able to print any size, especially when the demand is high. So, check for advanced machine with modern features and heavy output.
- Durable – It should be able to handle properly even in high production runs.
- Accessories – Check the cables, cartridge ink, and other relevant items before purchasing the printers.
12.Types of A3 Printers:
While shopping for an A3 printer (also called as 11X17 printer), one will find three choices like laser A3 printers, inkjet A3 printers, and dye sublimation A3 printers. All these three types have their own pros and cons, which you should know in detail in advance will enable you to make the right choice for your particular needs.
- Laserjet A3 Printers:Laserjet A3 printers does the best job on illustrations, line art and high quality text with excellent speed. The main drawback is its cost. It requires expensive multiple toner cartridges for color and black prints. However, the black & white laser printers are affordable but the color laser printers are more expensive (to purchase & maintain). Due to its coarser resolution, it won’t perform as good as an inkjet printer while it comes to printing photos and halftones.
- A3 Inkjet Printer:With high resolution, the A3 inkjet printer is the best choice for printing the photographs. Although, they are less expensive but the only drawback of this printer is its speed, as they are slower when compared with laser printer. In general, the inkjet A3 printer can print up to 13X19 inches, which enable them to have full bleed of 11X17 print. This can print up to edges without any white border.
- Dye – Sublimation A3 Printer:A dye-sublimation A3 printer uses wax-based inks that injected into paper and thus results in water-resistant, vivid print out. This printer is most expensive wide format printers but provides best color print quality. Also, this printer prints slowly when compared with other types of A3 printers.
Frequently Asked Questions
An A3 printer is used widely by architects to take the prints of their documents or blueprints of construction sites. So, one should select the ink, which is smudge-free, water-resistant, and long lasting to resist in any environmental conditions. For instance, pigment based inks suits best for their water resistant and long lasting prints, whereas the dye based inks will fade faster.
Inkjet printers will provide more shine for colored prints and used widely for printing presentations and photos. Whereas the laser printers are fast and provide crisper details, which makes it better for volume prints but won’t offer good quality in colored prints. So, choose the printer type depending on your printing needs.
Here the A3 is a standard paper where as A3+ called as super A3 with 329 X 483 mm size. Also, it is slightly bigger than A3. Using A3+, one can take print of an entire A3 size and have some space for notes and annotations.
With all this information, you will be able to purchase the best printer for your office or home. Among the above mentioned products, we suggest Canon Pixma Pro 100 A3 Printer as our first and best A3 printer. The reason is that it is a compact 8 dye-based color inkjet printer that works on Wi-Fi and provides high quality prints at an affordable price.
In case, if you’re looking for a multifunctional printer then simply opt for Brother MFC – T4500DW All in One Printer, which let you not only print but also scan, copy and fax the documents. It is a durable and features to print both color & monochrome documents with 2-sided printing done automatically.
Let’s know which one you’re going to purchase in this 2020. Feel free to share your queries/experience with us in the below comments section.