Dishwasher is the best way to handle one of the tedious tasks in the kitchen – cleaning vessels and cooking utensils.
Each dishwasher model varies depending on size, price and other features. To choose the best dishwasher in India that suits you, we recommend considering below factors…
- Place Setting or Size: Most of the dishwashers come in two sizes – compact and standard. Compact size is applicable for small families (2 to 3 members). It comes 6 to 8 place setting which lets to clean 64 max utensils at a time. Standard size is suitable for medium to large families (more than 4 members). It has 12 to 14 settings which can clean up to 112 utensils at a time.
- Wash Programs: This option provides customized wash as per requirement. For instance, to clean greasy pots and pans, heavy wash cycle program is perfect. Other wash cycle programs include half load, extra hot wash, extra-dry and several others.
- Brand: As dishwashers are expensive (ranging around Rs. 20,000 to 50,000), it is better to purchase them from trusted manufacturers. Some of the dishwasher brands in India are Bosch, IFB, Siemens, LG and Elica. They provide excellent quality, amazing features and good customer service.
More detail information is provided in our “BUYING GUIDE“. It has all the information on how to choose a dishwasher.
Along with that, we have also picked out 5 Best Dishwashers in India based on their performance, efficiency, reviews, customer satisfaction and others.
Best Dishwashers In India – 2020 Reviews
|Dishwashers||No' of Settings||Water Consumption||Warranty||Buy Now|
|Bosch Free Standing Dishwasher||12||10 Liters||2 Years||Check the Price|
|Voltas Beko Place Table Top Dishwasher||8||6 Liters||2 Years||Check the Price|
|Siemens Free Standing Dishwasher||12||12 Liters||1 Year||Check the Price|
|IFB Neptune VX Fully Electronic Dishwasher||12||9 Liters||2 Years||Check the Price|
|BPL D812S27A Dishwasher||12||10 Liters||1 Year||Check the Price|
|LG D145WF Dishwasher||14||10 Liters||2 Years||Check the Price|
Best 6 Dishwashers In India
For many generations, Bosch has been developing home and kitchen appliances, making our everyday lives better. Since one and half century, this German brand has been popular for uncompromising quality, technical perfection, performance and absolute reliability.
Among their wide range of products, today in this article, we will discuss about Bosch SMS66GI01I Dishwasher. This product has grabbed top position in our list due to its convenient loading, optimal cleaning results and 100% quality.
It comes with 12 place settings which is suitable for a family with 4 – 6 members. This machine has 6 built-in wash cycles that include Half load (for fewer utensils), express sparkle (for saving time), intense kadhai (Indian utensils), extra dry, varioEco (optimal use of water and electricity) and pre-rinse (tough stains).
This free-standing Bosch dishwasher is perfect for family consisting 4 or more members. Manual handwashing dishes can use 60 liters of water but this product will use just 10 liters of water. This is another reason, why we have given top priority in our list of best dishwashers in India 2020.
With this affordable dishwasher, you can complete the job done in 60 minutes. But before loading the plates or dishes, make sure to scrape off the leftover food items. The electronic lock prevents the accidental switching and from preventing the children using it.
Load sensor detects the load you put in and accordingly releases water from the pipe to wash neatly. Auto-program adjusts the water usage, temperature and cleaning time for optimum wash.
This product also comes with half-load option, so you don’t have to wait till the racks are completely filled. Water used for cleaning gets heated to 70˚C, so 99.9% germs and microbes are killed, providing safe and hygienic wash.
With electronic delay timer, you can pre-set the program and desired start time. The display also indicates the remaining time for completing the cleaning process. Though, it consumes less power, it provides high cleaning efficiency.
The technology used in this product is perfect for Indian cooking utensils. It produces 52 dB noise while in operation. Manufacturer provides 2-years comprehensive warranty on the product.
Things We Liked:
- 12 place settings and 6 pre-set programs
- Aqua sensor and load sensor
- Half-load program
- Electronic delay timer
- Low power consumption
- High cleaning efficiency
- Perfect for Indian utensils
- Just consumes 10liters of water
- Childproof control lock
- Stainless steel build and finish
- Front-load free standing dishwasher
- 2-years warranty on the machine and 10-years on tub
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Not suitable for aluminum and non-stick containers
- Generates 52 dB noise
Voltas, is the India’s most trusted brand in India, and Beko, a leading international name in home appliances, together that bring you all the convenience your deserve.
This is the highly efficient and durable dishwasher, it’s easy to install. It comes with touch button controls and ideal for nuclear families. This dishwasher helps in proper washing and cleaning the utensils. The Voltas DT8S dishwasher offers 6 wash programs.
This comes with additional second spray arm for more powerful cleaning and provides up to 5 times improved cleaning.
The easy electronic control with push touch pad gives you a premium experience and the design of the dishwasher ensures the possibility of washing a wide range of dishes.
This dishwasher comes with 8 place settings including removable cutlery tray, new shelf system for longer items and have flexible lower basket glass holder that can hold up to 5 glasses. It has height adjustable higher rack and spacious interior for larger items.
This dishwasher is easy to use, extremely water and energy efficient. Additionally, its compact design makes it easier fit-in to any kitchen.
Table Top: Table top models can fit into any packed kitchens and can be installed easily.
Warranty: This dishwasher comes with the warranty of 2 years comprehensive / 5 years on motor.
Things We Liked:
- For more effective cleaning, it heats water up to 70 degrees.
- It has water proof touch panel
- It is perfect for small families
- This dishwasher comes with 6 wash programs and 8 place settings.
- A dishwasher uses 1KwH- 2KwH energy on an average per wash.
Things We Didn’t Like:
- You can wash limited utensils at once
Siemens brand is known for developing products that feature modern design and innovative solutions to make some daily chores easy. The dishwashers from Siemens are a perfect combination of efficiency, speed and thoroughness.
The SN256W01GI dishwasher from Siemens has some exceptional features that include aqua sensor, load sensor, and 12-place settings for smooth functioning of the device.
6 washing programs and 3 wash options are pre-set in the product. You can choose anyone for obtaining perfect and sparkling finish every time. The hot water option ensure the utensils are sanitized, removing 99.9% of the bacteria and germs. The Vairo speed feature decreases the washing time without compromising the wash cycle.
Compared to other branded models, it speeds up the washing process, reducing 60% of washing cycle. That’s why we’ve considered this product as one of the best dishwashers in great demand now. It comes with 12-place settings where you can keep small to big bowls irrespective of size, shape and also saves your valuable time and energy in washing.
The innovative technology used in this product automatically determines dishwashing time, volume of water required and temperature. It’s simple, elegant and attractive design has set new standards.
This product can be used 2 – 3 times in a day. If you have a big family, then this is the perfect choice. Automatic detergent detection and top shower enhances the washing capability. Also, the product is backed with a warranty of 1-year on the comprehensive and 10-years on the anti-rust proof inner body.
Things We Liked:
- 12 place settings
- Saves almost 60% of washing time
- Automatic detergent detection
- Comes with pre-set 6 programs and 3 washing options
- Features aqua and load sensor
- Innovative technology
- Elegant and simple design
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Produces 52dB noise
- No child-lock feature
Since 4 decades into the market, IFB has been representing leading edge technology which is clearly manifested in their products and service solutions. The brand is reputed for its forte in quality and technology.
IFB Neptune VX dishwasher comes with 12 place settings which is suitable for medium to large families. For providing efficient performance, 6 wash programs are provided that include eco wash, half-load, quick was, pre-wash, quick wash, and Eco wash.
has come with advanced features that not only brings sparkles to the utensils but also performs the washing in less time. The fast and efficient jet washer mode wipes out the grease, dust and food particles on the cooking bowls, plates.
A metal filter is incorporated in the machine which collects all the food particles and dirt removed from the plates. Lower water consumption is one of the significant aspects of this product. It consumes only 9 liters of water for cleaning full load.
Water softening device softens the hard water up to 60 dh (i.e. removes hardness in water) and thereby increases the detergent efficiency. Steam drying ensures perfect drying of dishes without forming marks, small breaks even when you choose a small washing program.
If you are looking for best dishwasher under 35,000 then IFB Neptune VX is the right choice. This product is backed by 2-year warranty. If you fine any faults or damages in the device within this time period, then you can get repaired or replacement without any extra charges.
Things We Liked:
- Features 12 settings
- Comes with adjustable racks
- Flexible half load functioning
- Stunning silver built-up and finish
- Smart and elegant design
- High energy-efficient dishwasher
- 2-years comprehensive warranty
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Technician is necessary for installation
Since its inception in 1963, BPL has quickly grown as a world-class Indian consumer electronics brand. Over the years, BPL has earned trust of millions of customers across India. If you are looking for affordable dishwasher without compromising the quality and performance, then BPL D812S27A is the right choice.
12 place setting are provided in the BPL dishwasher which provides ample capacity to fit the needs of any average Indian household. Unlike the above 3 products, this one has highest (8) wash programs from intensive to rapid needs.
The classy design and sparkling silver finish adds an attractive appeal to your kitchen interiors. The technology of this dishwasher is specially designed by keeping the unique Indian kitchen needs. It comes with 8 pre-set programs ranging from intensive to rapid, which suits different washing needs of utensils.
If you have fewer utensils to load, then select the half load feature. This feature allows only one section of the dishwasher is used, reducing power and water consumption.
The clear LED display helps you monitor the wash cycle, keep track of time, detergent level and others. Manufacturer is providing 1-year warranty on this product.
Things We Liked:
- 12 place settings
- 8 pre-set cleaning programs
- Contemporary design with silver finish
- Half load feature
- Digital LED display
- Suitable for Indian cooking utensils
- 1-year warranty
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Nothing much
LG has been providing exceptional home and kitchen appliances since 1958. Its pioneering technology and innovative solutions has gained a steady and continuous growth. LG D145WF is a high end model that comes with advanced features and functionalities.
LG dishwasher comes with 14-place settings making it more efficient to use at home kitchen and commercial areas like hotels, restaurants, food courts, hostels, BBQ, KFC, etc. It comes with 5-washing programs like dual wash, auto, eco, gentle, and quick wash to set as per the washing needs.
Adjusting the rack heights gives an extra space to keep large containers and is operated with a single tap on the machine. To achieve more flexibility, simply fold down to fit the pans, cookers, pots, etc.
The inner tub of machine is made of stainless steel material which is highly durable than plastic and also deters stains and odors.
LED display gives detailed information of dishwasher like washing options, temperature settings, auto on/off etc. Dishwasher panel is protected with child safety lock option especially while cleaning the dishes. It prevents against the frequent tampering on the touch panel by the kids.
This front load LG dishwasher has smart diagnosis option where you don’t need an engineer to identify the problem. You can directly visit the authorized service center and get it repaired for free of cost within the warranty period.
Things We Liked:
- 14 place settings
- User friendly instruction manual
- Time delay for 24 hours
- Energy efficient inverter direct drive motor
- Child lock feature
- Triple filter
- Refill indicators and error display
- Smart rack mechanism
Things We Didn’t Like:
- A bit expensive to purchase.
Dishwasher Buying Guide
Dishwashers are introduced in India just a few years back, yet they have quickly gained popularity among the Indian household. But Not many of us know the right factors to consider while purchasing a dishwasher. Investing without proper knowledge can be a waste of money. So, this buying guide for dishwashers will be helpful in making the right choice.
1. Types of Dishwashers
Basically, there are two types of dishwashers available in Indian market – Built-in and counter models. The right one for you depends greatly on whether you own a house or live in a rented one. Each model has its own benefits and drawbacks. We have mentioned them clearly below for your convenience…
- Built-in Dishwashers:
This is one of the most common type of dishwashers in India. As they are a permanent fitting, they require pre-designated space for installing them. To install these, you will have to set an inlet pipe and an outlet duct connected to the drain.
As it fixed to a place, you cannot move them around as you like. This option is suitable for people who live in their own house. As it has separate water inlet, you can freely use the kitchen sink while dishwasher is in operation. They are available in two different sizes – 18 inches and 25 inches.
|Moderately pocket-friendly||Requires permanent space|
|Easy to use||Heavy body|
|Several color options available|
Countertop dishwashers are the most economical ones in dishwasher category. As they are portable and compact, you don’t have to worry about installation. Their working principle is simple – connect the pipe to kitchen sink faucet for water inlet and a power source to operate them
Countertop dishwashers comes with 4 place settings and in a smaller size than built-in type. They take some space of the kitchen counter near sink. If your kitchen counter space is small, then it may not be the right choice.
|Economical||Less internal space|
|Hassle free operation||Acquires counter space|
|Suitable for small families|
No one wants to load the dishwasher multiple times due to shortage of space. This is a crucial factor to consider while purchasing a dishwasher. Suitable capacity for a person depends on their family size or requirements.
Capacity of a dishwasher is calculated based on how many place settings it has. According to AHAM, one place setting can hold a large plate, A snack plate, and a small saucer. It can also hold a mug, a glass, two teaspoons and two forks of varying sizes.
Typically, dishwashers in India come in different capacities or sizes – compact and standard.
- Compact Size– If you have a nuclear family with two to three heads, a compact size dishwasher will work great. The small size dishwasher is of 18 inches and comes with 6 to 8 standard place settings.
- Standard Size– A standard size dishwasher is 24 inches and comes with 12 to 14 place settings. This type is excellent for the average family of 4 heads or more.
To make things a little bit easy, below table is provided representing family size and appropriate setting.
|Medium||12 setting||Compact or standard|
3. Wash Programs
Every dishwasher comes with 3 built-in wash programs – light, normal and heavy. The difference between these cycles is time duration, water temperature and wash intensity. For example, if you have to wash heavily soiled kadai’s or other cooking utensils, then heavy wash is perfect. If the utensils need just a splash of water to get cleaned, then light is better option.
In recent times, these machines have also got some upgrades in terms of wash programs. Below are some of the wash cycle programs you can see in modern dishwashers. It is better to have some of these in-built wash programs for precise cleaning. However, remember that – the more wash cycles it has, the more expensive dishwasher will be.
- Regular Wash Cycle – This option is perfect when you load with utensils made up of different materials like glass, steel, plastic in a single go. This wash cycle takes more time and moderate amount of water force, energy and temperature for handling the task.
- Heavy Wash Cycle – This cycle is specially designed to handle tough cleaning tasks like greasy pots and pans. It uses higher water temperature, intensity and time than other wash cycles. It is better to avoid loading plastic and glassware for this wash cycle.
- Quick Wash Cycle – Generally, a dishwasher takes 2 hours to handle one load. But with this option, you can reduce the time to half. However, it is not suitable for heavily soiled utensils. And it also uses more energy and water which can have an impact on your electricity bills if used daily.
- Energy Saving Cycle – As the name implies, this wash cycle consumes lesser power and water than other types. However, the duration of this option is much longer. It is perfect for light to medium soiled pans.
- Smart Wash Cycle – This option is available only in high-end models. It is perfect for a load with different or mixed dirt levels. If you select this option, the sensors present in dishwasher sense and analyze the soil level. And decides the intensity, heat and duration required for cleaning. It will automatically initiate process according to the analyzed requirement.
- Steam Wash – This is not a complete wash program, it is a pre-wash step helpful for removing heavy grease and burnt bottoms that even a heavy wash cycle cannot remove. The steam generated in this mode will soften the grease or burnt deposits which become easier for cleaning in regular cycles.
- Rinse Action – This action mode helps to prevent the soil or dirt on the utensils from drying up, when you have to wait for loading more cooking utensils. If you choose this option, a small amount of moisture is sprinkles over the utensils to prevent drying up.
- Sanitization – This feature is included in the dishwashers to satisfy the requirements of National Sanitization Foundation. When you turn on this mode, very high temperature water is sprayed on the utensils to kill any kind of bacteria or mold present on the unwashed utensils. Usually the temperature of water sprayed will be above 150-degree Celsius which sufficient enough to remove microbes and maintain hygiene.
- Glassware Wash Cycle – This option is perfect for cleaning fragile and delicate crockeries. This mode uses lower temperature and light intensity to gently clean the glassware. In case, it is not available then regular wash or light wash is sufficient enough.
4. Drying Mechanisms
Apart from just cleaning the utensils, dishwashers also contain drying option which provides air circulation to completely remove the wetness and moisture. This lets you prevent the time waste that is required for manually drying the utensils.
Drying mechanisms of a dishwasher differ from one model to another. Below, we have provided common drying options present in most of the dishwashers.
- Heat – This is the most common method of drying mechanism. In this technique, a steel plate located on the top of washer exhales heated air (170-degree Celsius) to evaporate the moisture. If you are using the heating system at this level, then it is recommended not to load any glassware or plastic, especially on the top shelf.
- Fan – Most of the people prefer fan for drying mechanism as it is relatively better and compatible with all types of utensils. However, it takes more time to complete the process.
- Condensation – This process is more hygienic, efficient and advanced drying mechanism than others. However, it is available only in dishwashers with steel interiors. In this method, the moisture will condense on the walls and utensils, which drips and expelled through outlet pipe.
Some dishwasher may have only one of these drying mechanisms, while some can have two or three of them. condensation mechanism is actually the best among these three. However, dishwashers with this technique can be expensive. Fan and heat are also best alternatives if you have budget constraint. But each of these techniques have their own benefits and drawbacks.
5. Control Panel
Control panel is more than aesthetics as it decides the look and feel of a dishwasher. It lets you choose the wash cycle, time left, temperature and other. Usually, control panel is present either on the front or on the upper lip of dishwasher.
Most of the dishwashers present in the Indian market have either button panel or touch panel. Touch panel dishwashers are much expensive than control panel ones. If you have a restricted budget, then button panel ones are better option. If not, then you can choose touch panel. No matter which one you choose, the controls and wash features will be same.
6. Hard Water Compatibility
Washing utensils with hard water can leave stains on the utensils. And moreover it takes more water to rinse off the soap completely. So, compatibility to hard water is very important factor while purchasing a dishwasher.
If your area has hard water supply, then choose a dishwasher that comes with a feature to convert it into soft water before rinsing the utensils. Water is considered hard when concentration of calcium carbonate per liter is more than 120mg/L.
|Water Hardness Level||Concentration of Calcium Carbonate Per Liter|
|0 to 60mg/L||Soft water|
|60 to 120mg/L||Moderately hard water|
|121 to 180mg/L||Hard water|
|Above 189mg/L||Very hard water|
Just like any other kitchen or household appliance, even dishwasher make noise. While some of them are a bit more to tolerate and some of them go quite unnoticed. If noise is a big consideration for you, then check out the range before making the purchase. Below, is a table representing noise levels generated by dishwashers.
|Dishwasher||Noise Level (dB)|
8. Energy Efficiency
Energy efficiency of a dishwasher or any other electronic product is set according to the BEE-rating. BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency) has led to control the power usage at homes/commercial places by setting certain standards, rules and regulations for the manufacturers.
Those who do not follow the guidelines lack in poor quality and very soon the device gets damaged. It can be due to the faulty design, overheating, improper setting of components etc. Decide yourself that best suits for homes and also consumes less power.
9. Smart Features
Smart features add an extra luxury to the dishwashers. They help the process of cleaning even more fun and simple. Depending on the number of smart features, the price of the dishwasher can go up. Below are few features that are commonly present in some dishwashers.
- Removable upper/lower racks can be adjusted easily to up and down to put the large containers inside the dishwasher.
- Mesh filters to separate the dust, food particles for better functioning of the device. They need to be cleaned on a day to day basis to enhance the performance.
- Timer to delay let set particular time to start the washing. The timings and washing options may vary from brand to brand.
- Sanitize mode will let you set the water temperature too high for killing the 99.9% of harmful bacteria, pathogens, germs and other particles present on the kitchen appliances.
- Auto-restart: When there is a frequent power-cut, auto-restart function ensures the machine starts working from where it has been terminated (resume power supply).
- Child Safety lock mechanism: It safeguards the device from accidental opening/closing of the dishwasher by your kids while it is working.
- Garburator: This feature removes solid particles on utensils and prevent them from re-entering while washing. The garburator (garbage collector) should be cleaned manually regularly. While some models come with auto-clean as well.
- Adjustable or removable racks: They help you move the racks up or down for accommodating tall glasses, large plates or stemware.
- Half-load Option: Sometimes, you may have only few dishes to load. In such situations, half load option is best as it helps you run the dishwasher for only few dishes. Apart from that, it also reduces water and power consumption.
- Soil sensors: They help to monitor the amount of food, grime and dirt in each load. It adjusts the water level and cycle length according to it.
- Speed or eco-wash: It is suitable option when the dishes are not caked with food particles. This feature will use less water and completes the cleaning within less time.
- Flood Protection: Due to drain pump fail, dishwasher can get flooded with water. To avoid such situation even there is drain failure, manufacturers have provided dual pressure switch- which expels unclean water.
Manufacturers of dishwashers have provided certain indicators to let the users know the update on washing cycle or if the machine is in any problem. Below are some of the common indicators…
- End of Cycle Indicator – It lets you know that cleaning is completed and utensils are ready to use. It usually makes a beep sound for indication.
- Salt Refill Indicator – This feature is beneficial only if your dishwasher is hard water compatible. As it is uses salt to convert hard water into soft water. This indicator tells you when the salt storage is depleted and needs a refill.
- Dry Tap Indicator – If your experience water problems in your area then it is very important to look out for this feature. It lets you know when the water is not coming from tap so that you can turn off the machine.
Generally, dishwasher interiors are either made up of plastic or stainless steel. Below we have provided details of each type and what they offer…
- Stainless Steel – Dishwashers with stainless steel interiors cost more as they are more durable, compatible and require less maintenance. They are also known to kill certain kinds of bacteria.
- Plastic Interiors – Dishwashers with plastic interiors cost much less and provide decent cleaning job as well. However, they are not compatible with heat drying mechanisms. And moreover they cannot condense inner moisture as well. Most of dishwashers with plastic interiors use fan method to dry the utensils, but this process takes more time than others. As these interiors get smelly often, you can have to clean them regularly.
Aesthetics matter when you want to match the dishwashers to your kitchen interiors. Most of the dishwashers present in the market come with stainless steel material. However, there can be a change in the colors. Some come with plain stainless steel finish, while some come with black or white finish.
Black is a universal color as it easily blends into any type of kitchen interiors easily. This color required minimum maintenance as it doesn’t accumulate dirt on the surface. White color provides premium and supreme finish. However, it requires frequent dusting and cleaning. This color blends only with white or light colored interiors.
Most of us don’t like to spend much on dishwashers. If you want a high-end dishwasher, then you have to invest heavy. However, if you are budget constraint, then check the options in that range carefully and choose the most appropriate one.
14. Brand Reputation and Warranty
Brand reputation and warranty is the another important factor that should also be taken into the count. Now-a-days everyone purchase the branded items as it builds a trust and gives assurance to the customers by providing standard warranty – 1,2,5 years and support service centers at their nearest places.
Tips to Maintain Your Dishwasher
Dishwashers do cost pretty much, even the most reasonable ones cost thousands of bucks. But lack of proper maintenance can make your hard-earned money go to waste. Hence, in this section, we shall tell you several ways in which you can maintain a dishwasher and keep it in its best shape.
- Use Proper Wiring– Dishwashers work for hours and use water to function. This combination can prove deadly and put you at a chance of major accidents if you do not use proper wiring. Plug the cord directly into the socket instead of using extensions. Also, make sure that the power socket can take enough load to run the dishwasher.
- Check the Gasket from Time to Time- A crack gasket will result in water leaking out from the dishwasher, which can hinder its performance. If you trace a crack in the gasket, replace it as soon as you can to stop the washer from leaking.
- Check for Clogs– Clogs aren’t unnatural in dishwashers. Excess food particles can clog the mouth of the sprayer and the outlet pipe. If you see your machine making weird noise or tending to flood, check for clogs. Once you trace them, unclog the surface(s) immediately.
- Clean the Filter Regularly– A filter is located towards the bottom of the machine that traps large food particles. Clean the filter regularly to keep your dishwasher functioning at its best.
- Choose the Right Detergent- Dishwasher detergents are specially formulated. Avoid using hand-wash detergent in the machine. Powder detergents that are meant for washers work better as compared to gels. Avoid cheap detergents at all cost, as they will result in sediment build-up on the interiors of the machine and aren’t effective enough in cleaning plates either.
How to Save Energy and Cut Back on Electricity Bill While Using A Dishwasher
By now, you know that dishwashers take hours to clean a single load, and contribute significantly to your water and electric bill. Hence you might want to have a look at some tips and tricks to save energy while operating a dishwasher.
- Tip 1: Before buying a dishwasher, consider the gallons of water it uses to clean a single load. A machine that consumes less water has lesser operational cost.
- Tip 2: Choosing the right size plays an integral part in saving energy as well. For instance, if you select a larger unit than you require, it will consume more power and water unnecessarily. But then again, in case you choose a smaller machine, you will have to load the machine twice, which will add up to the operational cost.
- Tip 3: Choose a dishwasher that has at least three cycles, i.e., light, medium, and heavy. For instance, if your dishes are heavily soiled, but you lack a heavy cycle in your machine, you might have to run the medium cycle twice to clean the plates thoroughly, which in turn will cost more energy.
- Tip 4: Run a dishwasher only when it is completely loaded. Running half loaded washers will consume twice as much energy to give the same output as a fully-loaded machine.
- Tip 5: Use the ‘rinse action’ a few times if you have a half-loaded dishwasher. This will not make using ‘heavy cycle’ compulsory, which requires more water and takes a longer duration.
- Tip 6: Avoid using heated air setting to dry utensils as it consumes a lot of electricity. Let the utensils air-dry instead. It might take longer, but you are saving money.
Dish Washer Frequently Asked Question
During our research, Bosch and IFB stood out as the most reliable dishwashers in India. They are the best in terms of quality, reliability and durability.
Yes, dishwashers can handle Indian cooking utensils as well. However, utensils with burnt stains should be hand washed. Other stains like oils, milk cream, masalas on utensils or plates come out clean.
Avoid cleaning dishwasher in a pressure cooker as food particles or detergent can clog the regulator or safety valves.
Primary benefits of using a dishwasher is convenience. Apart from that, they save water, time and energy. So, for working men and large families, dishwashers are very useful. They are surely efficient and hygienic than washing utensils with hand.
According to our research and analysis, Bosch Free Standing Dishwasher is the best among all the models. It comes with 12 place settings so it is suitable for 4 to 6 members. It has 6 in-built wash cycles, consumes only 10 liters and completes the cleaning task within 60 minutes. It provides easy, safe and hygiene cleaning every single time. The build quality is also excellent which makes it more durable. Customer service and after sales support are also excellent for this brand.
Dishwashers are an advanced way to do your daily chore of washing dishes. It frees up your time and saves you from the monotony of regular washing. Additionally, it adds an aesthetic appeal to the interiors of your kitchen.
The exact way of loading utensils depends on the interior layout of your dishwasher. But the general rule is similar for all.
On the top rack place the crockeries like plates, bowls, and glasses. The second shelf is generally loaded with cutleries (spoons, forks, and knives). On the third shelf, you should place larger items like pots and pans. You can alternatively place them at the back of each shelf as well. The larger utensils should be face down and aimed towards the arm of the sprayer.
Loading the cutleries head-first isn’t a good idea. It might lead to nesting and will certainly not give the best results. To get better cleaning, alter the direction of some cutlery pieces while putting them into a dishwasher, this will get soapy water run through them easily.
No, you cannot. Dishwashing soaps are formulated for dishwashers separately. These soaps are very effective and produce a low amount of suds. If you use regular dishwashing soap, it might cause your machine to overflow, which in turn will prove to be damaging to the overall health of your dishwasher. Even if the dishwasher does not overflow, a regular dish soap, cannot clean utensils in a dishwasher thoroughly.
If you are using the dishwasher on a daily basis, it is not mandatory to clean the interiors very frequently. Regular cleaning of the filters should do a good job. But if it has been a few days since you used it, you can manually clean a dishwasher with detergent and deodorizer. Alternatively, you can run a short hot-water cycle by adding a small amount of detergent and lemon juice to get the interiors sparkling clean and eliminate any foul odour.
Note: Vinegar can also be used instead of lemon juice but it might cause discolorations, in case the interiors are of steel.
Dishwasher detergent is sensitive to moisture and other environmental factors. If the detergent cup still has some soap left, scoop it out as much as you can and refill it with fresh detergent every time you add a new load, so that you get squeaky clean dishes every single time.
Utensils made of wood, aluminium, iron, delicate china, and crystal are not safe for machine wash. If you aren’t sure whether you should place an item into the dishwasher, just search for ‘dishwasher-safe stamp’ on the item. If you do not find it, wash the item manually.
A dishwasher safe symbol is denoted by a bowl or a glass under shower and is located at the back of utensils.
Washing a cast-iron pan in a dishwasher might chip off the protective coating. The container might become susceptible to rust. So, it is best not to wash cast-iron pan in dishwashers.
The effectiveness and cleaning ability of a dishwasher will not be 100% if you overload it. The chances of some plates remaining soiled are good. In the worst-case scenario, it can cause your dishwasher to leak.
It is best to choose a dishwasher according to your requirement. All dishwashers come with the necessary features, and if your budget permits, we suggest that you select a unit that has a few additional features as well. It might cost a little extra, but you don’t buy a dishwasher every day, right? Features like ‘steam-wash,’ ‘indicators,’ ‘child safety-lock,’ ‘various types of cycles’ and ‘automatic features’ should be on the top positions of your priority list.
Make sure to measure out the pros and cons of a dishwasher thoroughly before buying it. Also, don’t forget to maintain the machine well to increase its durability.