For creating a harmonized theme and style to the home, one has to mix and match their furniture. Sofa sets is one of the core furniture which needs to be perfectly suits your requirement and enhance the beauty of your living room.
A sofa set is generally a two- or three-piece furniture set – sofa, loveseat and ottoman (OR) club chairs, recliners and sectionals. For instance, one can purchase a sofa set that includes a sofa, ottoman, and recliner while other purchase includes a loveseat, sectional and ottoman.
The main purpose of a sofa set is to find a collection of furniture that goes hand in hand along with decorating the room much easier. So, one has to consider these 3 main points among various factors before buying this sofa set.
Measure your Space – Measure the available space in your room for sofa to know whether it fits in the allocated space or not. Also, you have to consider depth and length of sofa along with diagonal depth and height to make the new sofa gets properly fit into the room. Check whether there is an enough space to walk around the room after placing this sofa set.
Frame Material – One can determine the sofa’s quality by its frame. Hardwood (commonly used material to provide strong, sturdy and durable sofa sets), engineered wood (plywood or plastic, lightweight, inexpensive and fragile) and metal (hardest material but can be bend overtime).
Seating Capacity/Size – The size of sofa which you’re going to purchase will depend on the size of your family or the number of users. In general, there are small, medium, large and corner sofas available around.
To get a clear detailed information on how to choose the best sofa sets in this 2020, you have to go through the below mentioned Comprehensive Buying Guide and want to where and which one to purchase them, then have a look on our list of best sofa sets available in India and choose your best.
Best Sofa Sets in India
|Sofa Set||Material||Seating Capacity||Upholstery Material||Warranty||Buy Now|
|Furny Davis Ottoman L shape Sofa||Timber wood||4 seats||Leatherette||1 year||Check On Amazon|
|Home Centre Sofa Set||Solid wood||5 seats||Polyster||2 years||Check On Amazon|
|Sekar Lifestyle Sofa||Plywood and solid wood||5 seats||Leatherette||1 year||Check On Amazon|
|Adorn India Easy Sofa Cum Bed||Foam||3 seats||Shenyl||3 years||Check On Amazon|
|Sofa Architect Sofa Set||Solid||5 seats||Fabric||3 years||Check On Amazon|
|Amazon Brand Solimo Bliss Leatherette Sofa||Leatherette||3 seats||Fabric||3 years||Check On Amazon|
6 Best Sofa Sets In India Reviews
Here is the list of some of the best sofa sets in India. Just go through them and select the best and most suited one, as per your requirement.
This Furny will make sofa from all the best quality materials to yield a perfect modular sofa for your living room. They are spaciously designed with larger depth to allow for broader seating and complete relaxation with excellent comfort.
This Furny Davis interchangeable four-seater L-shaped sofa is upholstered with quality leatherette, that features a large spacious seating area with plushly filled cushions. It is perfect for small spaces/small living areas. The matching ottoman will provide a complete and luxurious cushioning and quality legs.
The solid wood frame will make this sofa set a strong and durable one. The high density foam with deep fiber cushioning will let this sofa set last longer against any damages that occur due to narrow corridors.
The three different cushions and partition will provide excellent support to the body while sitting. So, it is the perfect place to relax with a book or blanket to watch TV or chit chat with family members.
- Primary Material – Wood
- Upholstery Material – Letherette
- Warranty – 1 year
- Seating Capacity / Size – 4-seater
- Style – Modern
- Weight – 35 kg
- Color – Brown
- Number of Pieces – 1
- Dimensions – 175 (L) X 82 (W) X 66 (H) cm
Things we liked:
- The wooden frame with upholstered sofa (with 32 density foam) and solid frame work will make it strong, sturdy and durable.
- Comes with a classic combination of comfort and style
- The polyurethane foam gets combined with layers of fiber to provide a superior seating comfort.
- Comes with 1-year warranty.
- Easy to clean and provides comfort.
- Value for money.
- The L-shaped sofa is good for lounging around.
Things we didn’t like:
- DIY installation, in which it has to assembled with the help of instruction manual.
- Sitting space/width is somewhat small.
Home Centre, a familiar furniture brand in India, gives ultimate satisfaction to customers all over the world with its next-level comfort, quality, and decor.
So, this Home Centre Emily sofa set has an inevitable place on our list. It is a brown-colored 5-seater sofa set that is rectangular. As it comes in two different pieces with a three-seater and a two-seater sofa, you can place it in your living room, hall, or office according to the personalized space available.
Imbibing trust and reliability, the manufacturer uses high-grade Meranti solid wood with a strong build and construction to resist shocks and bear heavyweights. With ultimate craftsmanship, it gives better comfort and aesthetic appeal using an upholstery polyester material.
Its high resilient foam and high-elastic nylon webbing on the backrest elevate comfort and avoid irritation and sags to relax well. So, it can be a worthy choice to purchase this durable branded sofa set to enjoy with your family and guests.
- Primary Material – Solid wood
- Upholstery – Polyester
- Color- Brown
- Seating Capacity – 5-seater
- Warranty – 2 years warranty against manufacturing defects
- Style – Contemporary
- Number of pieces – 2
- Dimensions – 184*92*88 cm (L*W*H) – Three seater sofa and 133*92*88 cm (L*W*H) – Two seater sofa
- Weight – 46 kg
Things We Liked:
- Branded value
- Spacious 5-seater sofa
- Wrinkle-resistant polyester upholstery
- Foam-filled comfortable seating
- It comes with two cushioned couches.
- Available in different colors of brown and beige, and beige and brown.
- Strong and durable
- Free installation by the seller
- Lightweight and portable
- Easy cleaning and maintenance
- You can schedule the delivery and installation.
- 2 years warranty
Things we didn’t like:
- It may get sagged after some time.
- The quality could have been better.
If you are tired of searching for an affordable, comfortable, and stylish sofa set for your house, then, get relaxed now to choose this Sekhar Lifestyle butterfly sofa set for extreme comfort and relaxation.
With a seating capacity of 5, it comes as one three-seater and two one-seater sofas to give personalized seating space. Adding beauty to your modernized room style is its butterfly design.
It is well-suitable for office, bedroom, and living room use with versatile design matching with any decor and environment. Besides, it is available in beige, white, brown, grey, and black colors allowing customized orders.
This classic modern sofa, made of plywood and solid wood and leatherette upholstery material, is pre-assembled, cozy, and comfortable. It has ergonomic support by foam padding and cushioned pads on the armrest sides for extra comfort.
So, you can better purchase this all-time decorative sofa set that comes with a one-year warranty against manufacturing defects.
- Primary Material – Plywood and Solid wood
- Upholstery – Leatherette
- Color- Brown and Beige
- Seating Capacity – 5-seater (3+1+1)
- Warranty – 1-year warranty against manufacturing defects
- Style – Butterfly
- Number of pieces – 3
- Dimensions – 76*32*34 cm (L*W*H) – Three seater sofa and 36*32*34 cm (L*W*H) – One seater
- Weight – 120 kg
Things we liked:
- The butterfly design is elegant.
- Strong and sturdy construction with plywood
- Comfortable seating
- Foam padding and cushioned sides
- A large variety of colors and sizes
- 1-year warranty
Things we didn’t like:
- The comfort level could have been better.
Adorn India’s is designed to save space in your living room. The sofa bed is comfortable and easy to set up. It is lightweight yet sturdy furniture. Its sleek appearance and helps to maintain a clutter free home. It is easily foldable to manage space (bed and sofa). The quality and finishing of the sofa will make you understand the value of money. So, this sofa is made with high quality fabric material and with experience and well trained man power to provide the sofa with a fine finish.
The covers/fabric can be easily removable and washable. So, whenever you want to change the look of the sofa, you can easily remove the old one with a new cover. It comes with 3 years warranty for foam. It is easy to use for sitting and sleeping purpose for kids, adults and guests. The clever combination of the fabric and folding sections will allow the range of configurations.
- Primary Material – Foam
- Style – Modern
- Upholstery Material – Shenyl
- Color – Black & Grey
- Warranty – 3 years
- Weight – 15 kg
- Dimensions – 152.4 (L) X 73.66 (W) X 71.12 (H) cm
Things we liked:
- One can use this 3-seater sofa as a lounger, soda, bed & mattress and small bed.
- No assembly required, as this product delivers in preassembled state, where the legs has to be fixed by the user).
- The high-quality fabric is easily removable and washable, whenever you want to change it.
- It comes with two quality pillows along with this product pack.
- Suitable for small homes with limited space.
Things we didn’t like:
- The quality of the product, especially foam & backrest is not up to the mark.
- A little bit pricey product.
SofaArchitect’s Moris sofa set 5-seater becomes one of the best furniture trends for your classy and modernized rooms in your home and office.
Assuring customer satisfaction and comfort, this 3-1-1 sofa set is designed with feasible lengths using a high-density quality solid wooden frame. It has thicker wide legs to assure much more durability than the industry standards.
Moreover, its elegant appeal and comfort escalate with a high-quality recon fiber and 50/40 density foam. Adding to its attraction are a big and a small pillow that come in zip protection for easy removal and washes.
Not only the comfort and build, but there is also much more to look at in this elegant SofaArchitect Moris sofa set. Its grey colored upholstery fabric, foamy feel, and rectangular shape bring a trendy aesthetic furniture appeal. So, though expensive, it can be an unavoidable sofa set choice to get with a 3 years warranty on frame and foam.
- Primary Material – Solid wood
- Upholstery – Fabric
- Color- Grey
- Seating Capacity – 5-seater (3-1-1)
- Warranty – 3 years warranty against manufacturing defects
- Style – Contemporary
- Number of pieces – 3
- Dimensions – 195.5*86.3*86.3 cm or 77*34*34 inches (L*W*H) – Three seater sofa; 88.9*86.3*86.3 cm or 35*34*34 inches (L*W*H) – One seater
- Weight – 90 kg
Things we liked:
- Elegant design
- Good quality and build
- Fixed and perfect back cushions
- Available in different colors too
- Spacious size
- Excellent customer service
- 3 years warranty
Things we didn’t like:
- Difficult maintenance and compulsory needs vacuum cleaner
- The bottom of the seat is a little bit hard.
The solimo will bring elegant leatherette sofa to fulfill comfort needs in your home. It is highly durable and comes after tested for 25,000 cycles with 100 kg weight on the seat and backrest. The armrest strength has been tested with 40 kg for 10,000 cycles.
This sofa made with high quality brown leatherette won’t lose color with rubbing that makes it look new for a longer time and designed to be comfortable. It comes after conducting 30 safety and quality tests. This leather sofa will make it highly durable and stable. It meets performance and safety Indian standards and it is free from harmful chemical like formaldehyde & AZO Dye.
It is lightweight, in which the sofa can be easy to move all around the house by shifting from one place to another, without hassle. It comes with good ground clearance that enable you to clean underneath easily.
- Primary Material – Leatherette
- Upholstery Material – Fabric
- Seating Capacity – three seats
- Color – Buff Beige
- Weight – 48 kg
- Warranty – 3 years
Things we liked:
- Made with high quality leatherette that provide strength and durability.
- Lightweight sofa that helps for easy shifting and good ground clearance for easy clearance.
- Meets Indian Standards that makes it free from toxins and harmful chemicals.
- Comes after passing 30 + safety and quality tests on its performance.
- Comes with 3 years warranty on any manufacturing defects.
- Highly durable, stable and effective product.
Things we didn’t like:
- It is small in size which makes it uncomfortable to sit for longer time.
- A little bit pricey product.
Buying Guide for Sofa Set:
Buying a new sofa from various tons of styles, brands, types, features, and other options. Going through all these factors will definitely cause overwhelming and make you get confused. So, to narrow down your options and helps you understand how to choose the best one, we are providing you with this guide. Just take a look to know all about sofa sets and purchase your best one, as per your requirement.
Things to consider before purchasing Sofa Set:
Purchasing sofa is always an investment in comfort and style. So, one has to consider a lot of factors before choosing and buying the sofa set. Here we have explained some of the key points to consider while purchasing the sofa set.
1. Frame Material:
One can determine the sofa’s quality by its frame. Simply, a sound frame will make a well-built sofa. Have a look on some commonly used frame types in sofas.
- Hardwood – Most commonly used frame material, made after drying out the wood, called kiln dried hardwood (wood like oak, walnut, cherry, beech, etc.) to prevent snapping and warping. So, a high-grade timber/solid wood is durable, sturdy and strong to make sofa, which lasts longer.
- Engineered wood (Particle Board) – Plywood or softwood or MDF, cheaper, lightweight, and inexpensive. Although, they look strong and structured sound like hardwood but the quality varies. The sofa frames made of composite wood materials, and plastic will not last longer (fragile) and durable as hardwood.
- Metal – It is another commonly used frame material. It is hardest material but can be bend overtime upon regular usage. It will not snap.
2. Frame Assembly:
The next thing we have to consider how the frame put together. Here are two commonly used forms – Stapled frame assembly and double doweled frame assembly for joining the frame.
- Stapled Frame Assembly – It is inexpensive and not durable form. Here the heavy-duty staples used to hold the various pieces of wood together, just like a picture frame. It has less sturdy than other type.
- Double Doweled Frame Assembly – Solid and durable with higher quality and it is more expensive. Here the joints are combined together with dowels, which have to be inserted into corresponding holes by using a glue & screws. So, the double doweled, glue and screwed is durable frame to assemble.
Also, one has to check whether the sofa contains interlocking joints that is fixed with doweled, screws & glued joints. In general, cheap sofas are stapled and glued together with light weight braces to hold their joints.
3. Measuring Up:
One should always measure their available space for sofa by checking whether the sofa fits in the allocated space or not. Also, check that it delivered in fully assembled and gets through your doorways or entrances. So, for this, you have to consider depth and length of sofa along with diagonal depth and height to make the new sofa gets properly fit into the room.
The recliners use a forward motion to position against the wall. Also, check there should be enough space to walk around the room (won’t swallow the space) after positing the recliners and sofa beds, when they fully extended.
The size of sofa which you’re going to purchase will depend on the size of your family or the number of users. In general, there are small, medium, large and corner sofas available around.
- Small Sized Sofas are two-seater with 152 cm to 174 cm wide.
- Medium sized sofas are 2 – 3 seaters with width of approx. 174 cm to 191 cm.
- Large sized sofa comes with 3 – 5 seaters with width approx. 205 cm to 214 cm.
- Corner Sofas comes with approximately width of 280 cm and depth of 244 cm (OR) 194 cm deep without any additional footstall (OR) matching width (253 cm) and length (253 cm) corner units.
After getting an idea on cushions, then one has to move along to the upholstery. It is the fabric like tweed, linen, leather, polyester, etc. that goes around the sofa. The top grain leather, bonded leather and fabric are some typical types of fabrics that sofas come in.
6. Sofa Styles:
The shape of the sofa is the prior thing we consider. There are an enormous range of sofa shapes with various styles of cushions, arms, backs and legs available around.
- Fixed Backs – A sofa whose back frame is upholstered and sprung that offers a sleek look without fluff up any cushions.
- Cushioned Back – Sofa with 2 or 3 equal sized cushions that sit across the back and thereby gives a traditional look.
- Scatter Back – Arranging loose cushions of varying sizes that allows you to sit against the sofa’s back frame.
- Cushioned Seats – Cushions in the sofa seating with different fillings to aid depletion and thereby gives you a traditional look.
- Fixed Seats – The seat which is upholstered and sprung without any cushions to turn and offer a tailored or customized appearance, as per your preference.
- T-Cushion – Simply, the seat cushion will extend before the sofa arms and helps you to have a comfortable sitting.
How a sofa will be used depends on its arms. For instance, the wide sofa arm will allow you to sit comfortable with the feet curled up leaning. One can find the scroll arms, which are more inviting than flared, wide arms. So, try out various ways of sitting in the sofa before you’re going to purchase.
- Scroll Arms – The perfect resting arm and gives a traditional look. These are rounded arms for chairs and sofas with insert panels and pleating.
- English or Howard Arms – The T-cushion which is protruding across the sofa arm’s front part and gives a classic low style look.
- Square Arms – Most popular and comes in variety of widths. It gives contemporary shapes.
- Flared Arms – It gives contemporary style in which the arms will be flared out from base. It plays a significant part for overall appearance of sofa but it won’t be ideal to perch on.
- Armless – A few models comes with armless that allows you to sit without any arm support on it.
Also, make sure to measure the full width of the sofa before purchase. For instance, the narrow arms in the small room will maximize seating space, whereas the wider arms will look relaxing and luxurious but may take up more space in the room.
8. Legs of the Sofa:
In general, the sofa legs are made with good choice of wood in which you have the match the correct shade for the upholstery.
- Glides – Has valance cover to move the sofa around easily.
- Sabre Legs – It has elegant and tapered legs to flare outwards.
- Plinth – Sofa on the wooden platform and replaces easily to give a neat and contemporary look.
- Bun Feet – Round & stubby but not flat feet. A good choice for those where kids jump on the sofa.
- Stiletto – It is tapered and thinner than sabre leg. It is made of metal to provide additional strength.
- Turned Legs – It is traditional, classic style of wooden leg which sit on the casters.
Filling of the sofa will decide how the user want to sit (cushions) and how they want to look the sofa. If you’re looking for a perfect balance between comfort, appearance and maintenance then choose the one that bounce back into its shape with ease. Here are a few fillings that are commonly used in sofa.
- Foam – Always choose the one which you won’t be faffed with all plumping up of the cushions. Foam (either low density foam or high density foam) gives the firmest support to all cushion fillings and thereby recovers well. It turns the cushions sometimes for even wear. The high reliance foam will perform better to last longer.
- Semi-Sprung / Foam with Fiber Wrap – The foam core is wrapped (360-degree) in fibre to have your cushions, a soft appearance with good support. It is a good combination and most commonly used sofa fillings.
- Feather or Down Filled – Gives a classic and popular look for the sofa to have a relaxed or casual feel. You can plump/fluff up the cushions regularly to enjoy evening TV shows. May cause some allergies to those who are allergic to feather products.
- Hybrid Cushions – It comes with the mixture of foam and down to get a nice, soft and comfortable sit with form holding of the foam.
Springs are the suspension system that provides bounce to the sofa. However, the type of suspension is a personal choice in which how soft or firm you want to feel. The most common suspensions for sofas include zigzag or serpentine springs, elasticated webbing (made with either fabric or rubber), coil springs and fish-mouth spring front edge units. So, check what sort of springs the sofa constructed with.
- Serpentine, Zig Zag Springs and Superloop – This serpentine or S – Shaped springs will be made from steel wire will provide the firmest level of support. The zig zag shape is fixed to the back, arm and seat sections of the frame. In general, a minimum of 5 springs are used under seating area (each one). Simply, the more springs used in the sofa then the firmer will be the seating.
- Coil Spring – Coil spring offer a high-level support with less continuous ride, which end up to sit in a dip. It is ideal to enjoy the lovely sinking feel with good support level.
- Pocket Spring – Specially used for high-end mattresses and getting popular in this sofa springs. They are individual springs of steel, which are wrapped in their own fabric pocket. Here, each pocket spring will work individually to provide comfort to various users of different weights on the same sofa.
- Eight-Way Hand Tied Spring – This spring the seating platform in traditional way to have a firm and continuous ride on the sofa with great support. It provides labor-intensive solution by working in unison – each spring gets tied to their neighboring springs.
- Fish Mouth Spring – This spring used on the front edge of the sofa base rather than wooden rail at the front edge (causes less comfortable) to provide a soft edge behind the user legs while sitting.
- Webbing – Used particularly for sleek designs or contemporary sofa manufacture, where there is no space for springs. Here the elasticated woven strap will provide excellent support to the seating area and can be strong, resilient and interlaced across the front to back webs. The only drawback is that the quality varies and may webbing stretches and thereby loses elasticity with heavy usage and gets sink after a few usages.
- Mesh Top with Coiled Springs – It provides long lasting sofas with its quality upholstery.
Recliners will help to place the feet up and have a comfortable lounging experience. One can easily operate it either automatically or manually. It is perfect for relaxing and enjoying your time. Electric recliners are expensive than manual ones and also manual models require some manpower to move and clean underneath.
- Automatic – One can get the ultimate luxury and relaxation in no time with a simple press on the button. The only drawback is that locate the sofa nearby any electrical outlets where the cables trailing from the back, as some models comes with rechargeable batteries.
- Manual – One has to pull the handle, placed on either side of the sofa to release the kickboard and thereby use the body weight to lean the seat back up to the required position. Resetting this manual recliner can be done by simply pushing the kickboard back down with legs.
12. Corner Sofas:
The concept of corner sofas will let you use the living room space. They come with additional matching footstall that help you to lie down comfortably to have your afternoon nap. So, choose this corner sofa wisely to utilize the space properly in your living room.
The lifetime or long-lasting nature of the sofa will vary from one style to another. A well-built sofa will guarantee to have a lifetime of 5 – 10 years, whereas the top end handcrafted sofas comes with lifetime guarantee. The working mechanism of recliners and sofa beds will come for up to 6 years. The additional protection of the upholstery fabric will be available for any extra cost, insurance cover for scratches, burns and rips.
14. Sofa Bed:
Sofabeds will create extra flexibility by providing extra place to sleep (for guests). There are various types of sofa bed mechanism available in the market.
- 2 – fold: Traditional type of sofa bed with a slight thicker mattress (depth of 10 – 14 cm) that pulls out from cushion beneath.
- Trundle: The bed will slide on the wheels or casters from under the balanced base.
- Click – Clack: It comes with a bench style sofa with no arms, which can be folded flat and locked to save space. Although, it is quick and easy to use but may not be comfortably for daily usage.
- Fold Out: One can simply pulls the front panel to forward and thereby the chair will roll out to convert the sofa into a bed.
15. Back Cushion Types:
The back-cushion types are another important factor to consider before buying. The back cushion comes with pillow back and tight back cushions.
- Pillow Back – It comes with removable pillows or cushions along the back. They are easily removed for cleaning or sleeping. This cushion can change their shape without diligent fluffing.
- Tight Back – The cushions are sewn on the frame (not removal) that make you not to worry about cushioning while shifting. It is hard to clean and wear in the same place over time.
16. Style Types:
Sofa consists of various styles and shapes. Make sure to pick out a sofa that works with overall design aesthetic you have in the rest of the home. Some people may mix and match but mostly prefer a copacetic and cohesive look. One can tailor their sofa set to style their room with either traditional or modern or ultra-modern look.
- Choose fabric sofas with cabriole legs, distinctive patterns, regal air and warm & natural woods to have attributes of traditional couch.
- The leather or upholstered sofa set with geometric shapes (like straight lines with slight curves) with black, espresso and chocolate staple colors will suit best for contemporary sofa furniture.
- Modern sofas will step further and made by combining materials like metal and leather to give an extreme streamlined look with minimal ornamentation. This modern sofa sets often be low to the ground and modular.
17. Types of Sofa Seating:
Other than mixing your home décor, you have to select the type of sofa seating as per your requirement and comfort levels.
Standard Sofa – It usually comes in 6 – 8 feet long and 30 – 40 inches deep, which makes it perfect for small to medium sized living rooms. One can find standard sofas like single seater, two seater and three seater sofas.
Sectional Sofa – It looks elegant and suitable for big living room. It adds more seating space without adding any chairs. So, best for big family or one who host a lot of get-togethers. They are available in U and L shape and common size is equal to 95X95 inches with depths of 36 – 40 inches.
Recliner – It provides ultimate comfort and look modern and stylish. It helps a lot in improving the back posture when you’re sitting on it and also reduce the back pain. The standard size is 72 inches long and 36 inches wide.
Chaise Lounge – It turns any of your living room, guest room or bedroom into a relaxation room. Ideal for small spaces and looks stylish. Place this chaise lounge on any corner of the house and relax well.
English Roll Arm Sofa – It has deep soft seat, low rolled arms with tight back. It is excellent for sleeping just like bed, which provides comfortable relaxation and looks classy.
Lawson Sofa – A modern sofa that tailored back with high as above the seat. It has deep seat with lower arms than back and the back pillows or seat cushions are box shaped. Looks elegant in either entrance hall or lounge room.
Tuxedo Sofa – One of the stylish and sophisticated sofas, which are good for smaller living room. They come under chesterfield sofas category with standard size of 32 (H) X 84 (W) X 33 (L) inches.
18. Storage Sofa:
The one with a small living room can purchase this sofa for storage purpose and thereby save space. So, choose a sofa which has storage capacity (at its back part) to clear much of clutter and keep the room neat and tidy. The storage sofa is close and easily available to the user to place or keep out from the storage box.
Although, for most of the people, buying a sofa is a one-time investment. So, check all the available options and find your affordable furniture without compromising on the quality and looks. Also, go to online for furniture shopping, especially, when you find great deals, discounts and offers available on the furniture.
- Considering for specific functions while shopping for furniture like if you’re interested in sleeper sofa sets when you want extra sleeping space for guests.
- If any of your family are fighting to have a sit in the recliner then simply purchase a sofa set of recliners.
- Clean and clear the space in the room where you want to place the sofa. Measure the width & length of the space to know how big size sofa will fit in that room.
- Make sure to remember the walkways where the sofa has to pass through and the area left for free moving after placing the sofa in your room.
- The most commonly used sofa fabrics are linen, cotton, wool, polyester, leather and velvet, in which the user can tailor their desired fabrics to make the color match with their existing living room décor.
- Check how much weight can the sofa bear and is it comfortable to sit or lie on it. Also, how easily we can get out of it (cushion or foam).
- Always, inspect the stitching and piping sewn properly across the cushions and purchase a good build quality. Avoid purchasing sofa, if the cushions are wavy and any visible indication.
- A few people are allergic to some specific materials. So, always check and get a clear idea on the material before purchasing.
- Choose a two-seater sofa or two slimmer single seaters or chairs with a small coffee table in the center.
Frequently Asked Questions
One should always consider to purchase a new furnishing like sofa sets while moving into a new home. However, you have to discover the best sofa set from an infinite range of sofas available in the market. So, having a clear idea on which sofa set you want to buy, will definitely help you to save time and money on research.
Measure the size of the sofa set – Remember the space availability will also decide the type of sofa set, like number of chairs or sofas in your living room. As per the space vacant in the room, one can easily settle for 3, 5 or more-seater set. In case, if you’re room is huge then go for couches, and love seats as well.
Select the Style – There are so many options like loveseat, tuxedo, lounge, sectional sofas and camelback and knole available in the market. If your home has traditional appeal then go for camelback, lounge or loveseat style sofas. If your home has modern outlook then simply choose knole, tuxedo or sectional style sofas.
Check the Sofa Material – Sofa is crafted out of many fabrics like silk, leatherette, microfibers, canvas, textures fabric and more. Among these fabrics, silk will give a delicate and rick look to your sofa and also it requires high maintenance. Fiber make it look attractive and easy to clean. Leatherette or leather give a modern look to the room and available in various colors.
Sofa Frame – The quality of the sofa depends on the quality of the sofa frame. The wooden frame and metal frame are the best, sturdy and strongest frames that keep the sofa lasts longer. Avoid choosing sofa frames which are crafted with plywood or particle board, why because they are more prone to crack and thereby wear and tear easily. Also, make sure to check the corners and joints of the frame while buying the sofa.
Sofa Color – Its best to choose the sofa that complement the colors of the wall. Purchasing sofa is almost one-time investment (for many years) for most of the people. So, choose the color wisely and it is good to invest for sofas (neutral color) which won’t look bore and allow you to play with various colors in the longer run, as you desired.
Cushion Quality – The cushion and padding of the sofa will determine its quality. So, choose the sofa where the cushion can retain its shape after someone sits / stands on it and the springs should have the capacity to bounce back. Also, the sofa frame should not be felt through the padding.
Seater – In most of the houses, a sofa with 3-seater or 4-seater with two coordinating or matching armchairs are commonly seen, especially at home where traditional furniture styles appeals. So, choose the seater, depending on your family members and your style of furniture.
In simple words, for any décor to look perfect, you need to check all the elements to complement each other.
For modern décor, the sofa should have minimum features of the same characteristics like you can choose beige, white and grey colored sofas for your modern living room.
For traditional theme living room, you can simply focus on elegance and feature warm colors like brown or beige with slight variations.
There are various types of materials like leather, fabric and leatherette is used in sofas.
Fabric is most comfortable sofa material that provides variety in colors and diversity in style. They are budget friendly but needs high maintenance.
Leather sofa is best option for durable and long-lasting sofas. Comes in less maintenance and easy to clean. Sold in basic shades to provide effective room decors.
Leatherette is artificial form of leather, they are cheaper, waterproof and easy to clean when compared with leather sofas but less durable.
Among our top list of sofa-set products, we pick, Furny Davis Ottoman L shape Sofa, why because it has solid wood frame with high density foam cushioning that won’t let sofa damage due to narrow corridors and resists heavy weight. It’s interchangeable four-seater L-shaped sofa is upholstered with quality leatherette, that features a large spacious seating area with plushy filled cushions and makes it ideal for small living areas.
Hope you came to know how to choose the best sofa sets with the above buying guide. Which one you’re going to pick in this 2020? Having any queries on shopping sofa sets online? Then feel free to share it with us in the below comments section.