Sandwiches are a quick and tasty dish that won’t require any cooking skills to put together. This small appliance will heat, toast, and grill sandwiches (with some kind of delicious fillings) by using bread slices.
A grilled sandwich is always a better option than a simple cheese sandwich. With a sandwich maker, you can upgrade the sandwich and make a gourmet meal in minutes. This appliance is designed for making a perfect grilled sandwich. They are countless innovative sandwich maker uses that inspire you to have fun cooking.
How Does a Sandwich Maker Work?
The sandwich maker contains metal coils. When once you switch on the maker, its infrared radiation will heat the bread effectively. It offers different settings that let you customize how to toast or grill the bread.
Types of Sandwich Makers:
In general, there are two types of sandwich makers available in the market. The panini press sandwich maker and the four-triangle sandwich maker.
Panini Press Sandwich Maker: Contains fixed grill plates, which one can see these ridged plates with a weighted top plate to press a sandwich while grilling. It has versatile uses that let you grill different food items and a variety of sandwiches.
Four – Triangle Sandwich Maker: The regular sandwich maker with square-shaped heating plates. It can easily slice up to 4 sandwiches as per its size. All you need is to press and seal to get sandwiches into classic triangular pocket shapes. It will only toast and make sandwiches.
Benefits of Sandwich Maker:
- With this sandwich maker, you can easily prepare food /sandwiches within a few minutes (not less than three minutes) and thus saves your time.
- Due to its minimum instructions and hassle-free operations, everyone can easily handle and use this household appliance.
- It allows you to try a variety of recipes like egg omelets, frozen hash browns, burgers, pancake, cornbread, cake or muffin, bacon, pizza pockets, French toast, fried eggs, canned biscuits, and thinly sliced vegetables other than sandwiches.
- It is equipped with heavy-duty plates that make to form the searing lines on the toasted bread and thus makes it tasty and crunchy.
- The panini press will allow you to add any amount of stuffing you want. The beard gets toasted properly and cooks all ingredients well.
- With its compact and portable design, it occupies less and can be kept anywhere in your kitchen.
- It cooks the food properly at the right temperature.
Basic Instructions on How to Use a Sandwich Maker:
It’s always suggested reading the instructional manual provided by your manufacturer. If you won’t have it, then simply follow these basic instructions.
- Plugin the sandwich maker and keep it closed to pre-heat it. Modern models feature an indicator light that let you know when it is ready.
- While preparing a cheese sandwich, you have to spread butter on the outer sides of bread slices.
- If you don’t want to use butter on a sandwich, then open the maker to spray a fine mist of oil on its upper and lower plates.
- Now place the sandwich on the bottom plate without touching the plates.
- Close it properly. In case, if the sandwich maker has front clamp then close it as well.
- Wait for 3 – 5 minutes or till the indicator lights up to open the appliance.
- Take out the sandwich with either a silicone or wood spatula.
- Unplug it and leave it open to cool down completely.
- After that, wipe the plates with a damp sponge before its storage.
How to Clean a Sandwich Maker?
Are the leftover cheesy residues stuck to the non-stick surface? Cleaning a sandwich maker after its usage is a simple and easy task. Here are a few tips that let you know how to clean a sandwich maker.
- Before cleaning this appliance, you have to disconnect it from the electrical power supply and let it cool down completely.
- To prevent the buildup of burnt pieces of food residue, you have to clean the non-stick surface of the cooking plates after every usage.
- Take a soft damp cloth/sponge with a little mild soap on it and use the cloth to clean the smooth surface of this appliance.
- Pay special attention to areas where oil gets trapped while cleaning inside those cooking plates.
- If the plates of your sandwich maker are removable then take them out to clean it more easily.
- Struggling to clean any stubborn residue within grooves, then wrap chopstick end with a damp dishcloth and rub it in between the grooves to loosen and remove the hard-to-reach grime.
- Wipe it off with a clean cloth on both the inner and outer surface of the sandwich maker.
- Dry it completely before storing it.
- For best cleaning results, you have to check your manufacturer’s instructions before you start the cleaning process to get an idea on how to clean it effectively.
Note: Clean the cooking plates when they are lukewarm to remove any oily residue, crumbs and spilt ingredients. Never rinse the sandwich maker in water and avoid using abrasive cleaning products for its cleaning.
How to Make the Best-Grilled Cheese Sandwiches?
Most sandwich makers contain non-stick plates which keep the bread dry and won’t stick to plate. So, it is not necessary to use either bread or butter on the sandwich maker plates. To enhance its taste, you have to use a good melting cheese like cheddar, Swiss or American. Don’t put cheese around the bread edges to prevent it from ooze and make it mess.
Panini press style sandwich makers work best for most types of bread whereas, the square sandwich models handle only regular sliced bread.
Here are some tips to be followed while using panini presses or sandwich makers.
- Do double-check with the manufacturer’s instruction manual before cleaning the sandwich maker.
- Use a bit of butter or olive oil on the outside of the bread will prevent any sticking (or) try the non-stick cooking spray on the plates.
- Still facing issues with stuck-on residue after doing the above step, then soak some paper towel in soapy water and place it on the plates for about 10 minutes and wipe it off to clear any remaining residue.
- Be sure to fully preheated before placing the toasties to ensure not sticking.
- Avoid using heavy-duty cleaning pads, brushes or abrasive cleaners while cleaning, as they damage the non-stick coating.
Most of the busy moms prefer to have the best sandwich maker, which allows you to consume delicious toasted sandwich as your meal or snack. Experiment with different varieties of sandwiches and other recipes to have it whenever your stomach growls out of hunger.
Happy Sandwich Eating…