Tower fans are the best alternatives to maintain cool temperature in a room. Because they consume only 60 Watts of power which is less compared to an air conditioner (600 Watts) or an air cooler (100 Watts).
They are compact and don’t need water for providing cool air – which makes them environmental friendly as well.
After a thorough research, we have provided a detail summary of how to choose a tower fan in our “BUYING GUIDE”. Few important factors are mentioned below…
- Bladed or Bladeless
Bladed tower fans are noisy but a little less expensive. But bladeless tower fans provide higher air flow, easier to clean and operate silently. However, they can a bit more expensive.
- Air Flow Velocity
It represents the amount of air that can be moved in a minute. It is measured in CFM (cubic feet per minute). Larger the CFM value, higher will be the air flow. For larger rooms, go for higher value. For smaller rooms, you can go medium to small CFM range.
- Temperature Settings
Most of higher-end tower fans come with thermostat option – which lets you adjust the temperature of air delivered. For people who like to have more control over can prefer a tower fan with this option.
Note: If you haven’t got much time to analyze all the options available in the market, then you can go for any product mentioned in the below list of Best Tower Fans in India.
Top 6 Best Tower Fans in India
|Best Tower Fans||Product dimensions||Weight||Remote Control||Warranty||Buy Now|
|Bajaj Tower Fan||35.5 x 32.5 x 82.5 cm||7 kg||---||2 years||Check On Amazon|
|Impex Tower Fan||28 x 24 x 75 cm||5.8 kg||---||1 year||Check On Amazon|
|USHA Tower Fans||20 x 18 x 82 cm||2.5 kg||No||1 year||Check On Amazon|
|Deco Tower Fan||22 x 22 x 75 cm||2 kg||Yes||1 year||Check On Amazon|
|V-Guard Tower Fan||16 x 15 x 79 cm||2 kg||---||---||Check On Amazon|
|Croma Tower Fan||24 x 24 x 76.5 cm||3 kg||No||2 years||Check On Amazon|
Best Bladeless Tower Fan Reviews in India
Bajaj is a well-known Indian brand for providing appliances suiting every lifestyle. The fans from this brand are popular for both style and speed, and suit both domestic and commercial purposes.
This elegant tower fan is one of the best sellers from Bajaj as it is not only affordable but also lightweight (7 kgs). Moreover, it measures 35.5 x 32.5 x 82.5 cm and is sleek enough to stand at one corner of your living room or office.
- The outer body is made of high-quality thermoplastic, which is resistant to dust and corrosion.
- Flexible control on the top to control the speed and also the swing.
- Consumes just 150W, which is equivalent to an air cooler.
- It has a tough blower to offer optimum air delivery of 2500m3/hr to cover every corner of a single room or cabin.
- You can choose among 3 speeds according to your convenience.
Brand and Warranty:
Bajaj is one of the brands that offers premium service to customers upon purchase. This tower fan comes with a 2-year warranty on all the manufacturing defects.
- Optimum air delivery for instant cooling.
- Lightweight and portable.
- The cooling stays for a longer duration.
- Makes a bit of noise during operation.
Impex is a brand from Kerala, which started its operations in 1999 and supplies some of the best appliances that match international standards.
This TWISTER PLUS tower fan from the brand measures 28 x 24 x 75 cm and weighs just 5.8 kgs. So, it is one the most compact tower fans in India. You can place it in your guest room, bedroom, living room or even office cabins.
- Has a powerful air throw of 2250 m3/hr to deliver cool air for up to 25 feet.
- Runs on a powerful 1200 RPM motor to instantly cool your room.
- You can choose among 3 speeds and also two swing modes as per your requirement.
- Contains a strong PP plastic body that is resistant to dust and scratches.
- Consumes just 170W during operation and doesn’t become a burden on your power bills even when you use it all day.
Brand and Warranty:
Impex delivers all its products with high performance and unmatched quality. This tower fan comes with a 1-year warranty from the brand against all the malfunctions and defects.
- Compact and fits in any corner of your room.
- Lightweight and easy to move.
- Cools the room instantly.
- Has rubber feet to not damage the floor.
- Nothing specific to mention.
In this extremely hot summer, a perfect buddy to overcome this hot season and to get rid of sweat is USHA Plastic Fibre Tower Fan. A brilliantly designed tower fan along with the facilitation of the latest technology helps to beat sweaty weather. The copper motor ensures durability and longevity of the product. USHA Plastic Fibre Tower Fan is an ace quality product that ensures maximum air circulation and aid people to survive in this sticky and sweaty weather. Priced competitively, this rightfully takes the 3rd spot.
- Compact and sleek design for the highest air delivery at a focus point.
- 100% copper motor for longer life.
- The auto-protect feature of the motor helps in protecting it from short circuit conditions.
- Modish and attractive body making it a stylish and classy product in appearance.
- Provision of Delivery Fuse option to protect the motor from thermal overloading.
- Tubular centrifugal blower to facilitate the space-saving design and Noise-less operation.
- 3 varied speed changing options and 2 hours manual timer for user comfort
- Jerk-free and uniform wide oscillation.
Brand and Warranty:
The valued product by USHA, a name of the trusted appliances and ruling the electronic industry since ages, offers 1-year warranty since the date of purchase. This tower fan by USHA is made with top-quality materials to ensure maximum air circulation throughout the space.
- Copper Motor – it helps to ensure long productivity of the product.
- Delivery fuse – this helps to protect the motor during thermal overloading.
- Modish design.
- Sleek and compact body.
- Noise-less functioning.
- Uniform wide oscillation.
- Doesn’t come with the facility of remote control.
- Not suitable for use during extreme heat or sunny weather.
If you are in search of an ideal tower fan that comes with a multi-functional remote control along with long motor life, then Deco-Tower-Elegant-Indoor-Remote is one the best products for you. A copper motor for longer life along with an attractive designer body makes this product a perfect and exemplary tower fan for both residential and official purposes.
- Personalised tower fan for all kind of uses.
- 3 varied speed levels for effective air-flow and 7 Hours of programmed timer
- Possesses 3 varied wind modes that are: Simulating, Natural Slumberous and Normal Wind.
- It comes with multi-function Remote control for complete comfort and ease of operation.
- Consist of Memory Function.
- Oscillation function brings facilitation of Air-flow direction.
- 100% copper motor for long and effective product life.
- Comes with a space-saving design.
Brand and Warranty:
The elegant Tower Fan is an ace product offered by Deco, a renowned company with amazing products. The product is provided with a warranty of 1 year, from the date of purchase. Along with this, the company offers home service warranty for the said product to ensure complete comfort of the consumer. Manufacturing defects are usually covered in the warranty.
- The product offers great air-flow.
- The multi-functional remote is the biggest pro of this product.
- Premium product.
- Sleek and attractive body.
- 7 hours programmed timer is very useful.
- Slightly expensive.
- Noisy operation.
- The product is not very sturdy.
Embarked as a stabilizer-making company, V-Guard soon started making inverters, water heaters, fans, gas stoves and has made itself a firm place across the country.
This tower fan from the brand measures 16 x 15 x 79 cm and is sleek and compact enough to fit small cabins and bedrooms.
Running on a 40W motor, the tower fan makes almost no noise during the operation. So, you can keep it towards your bed side and have a peaceful sleep.
- Weighs just 2 kgs and is easy to move from one room to another.
- Comes with a round base to make the fan stand erect on any surface.
- Has an in-built timer that stops the fan after 2 hours.
- 3-step speed control to get customized airflow.
Brand and Warranty:
Though V-Guard is not offering any warranty on the fan, it offers exceptional customer service in case of any discrepancies.
- Stylish and sleek.
- Runs at a maximum speed of 1350 RPM.
- High-quality outer body.
- No warranty from the brand.
Croma is India’s popular retailer that sells almost all electronics, right from smartphones to home appliances.
If noise from the tower fans is your primary concern, this one from the brand is apt for you as it runs on an efficient 45W copper motor, making as less noise as possible during the operation.
This fan measures 24 x 24 x 76.5 cm, indicating that it is tall but very sleek, giving it a stylish look. Moreover, it weighs just 3 kgs, making it easily movable from one room to another.
- Comes with 60-degrees oscillation to offer cool air to everyone in the room.
- Offers an airflow of 9 m3/hour, so you can place it right beside your bed or beside your table in the office.
- Has a detachable base that lets the fan stand intact on any surface.
- Consumes just 45W, which is much less than what an air cooler consumes.
- Has a 3-hour timer that shuts off the appliances after this time.
Brand and Warranty:
Croma doesn’t just offer products at reasonable prices but also assures proper customer service. This tower fan comes with a 2-year warranty from the date of purchase.
- Sleek and compact.
- Noise-free operation.
- Stylish exterior.
- Comes with 3 speed options.
- Wide oscillation to give air to the entire room.
- Cannot provide air up to 5 to 7 feet only.
Buying Guide For Tower Fans
As mentioned previously, tower fans are known for their power efficiency and air purification capabilities. The following are the factors which help in deciding the quality and efficiency of a tower fan.
1. Capacity of air circulation:
This refers to the capacity of a tower fan till which it can circulate the air in a room. The capacity of air circulation varies with different tower fans. It largely depends on the size of the room you are trying to cool.
Generally, tower fans are compatible to fit in small and medium-sized rooms. Fans with high air circulation capacities are a bit pricier than the ones with lesser capability. For you to know how the capacity of each fan, check the power related data on each tower fan product given in cubic feet per minute or rotation per minute (This data is typically available in the product description of the fan).
2. Air purification:
Along with the air circulation, tower fans are also equipped with inbuilt ionizers which aid in the purification of the incoming air. The ionizers present inside the tower fan have tiny microfilters. These filters are responsible for removing impurities such as microbes, bacteria, pollen and dust. The purification will filter out any disease carriers present in the air, in the end, allow a fresh breeze of air into the room.
3. Noise control:
This is a unique feature, unlike other fans, allows you to be at extreme comfort. Tower fans are known to produce very low decibels of sound ranging from 5 decibels to a maximum of 65 decibels. This is due to the fact that tower fans are mostly bladeless. Their air production is due to very small bladed fans which are present at its base.
The noise control capability of a tower fan is mostly dependent on its base contour. Out of the list of the best tower fans mentioned above, Ozeri is the best choice as it produces minimum sound.
4. Thermostat/ Remote control capabilities:
A Thermostat based inside of a tower fan helps you control the temperature of the fan. Along with that, this remote control should also help you control many other features and aspects of the fan.
Not all of the tower fans have a remote control that can do everything. A few have everything figured out while a few restrict you. A few have timer functions unavailable on the remote. Before picking a fan, be sure to check for these factors and features.
5. Timer control:
Most tower fans are smart devices. A timer control (usually available on the remote control) helps you set up the fan’s timer and you can sleep in peace. The fan automatically shuts down after the pre-designated time period. No more waking up from the deep sleep to put the fan to sleep.
6. Motor power
The working principle of a tower fan is to pull in air from the surroundings, purify it with the ionizers and the filters and pump it out into the room. Most tower fans are bladeless in nature. Hence the motor present in the Tower Fan has to be of incredibly high power. While picking a tower fan, be sure to look for a motor that has enough power to do some serious heavy lifting.
Tower fans operate in different modes and these vary with different fans. In natural mode, the fans generally run and when the temperature around it comes down and the room cools, it automatically runs on a low speed and vice versa.
On the other hand, in sleep mode, the speeds will automatically change in a span of half an hour. In this mode, the device automatically switches off if a timer is set.
Each tower fan has a different speed mechanism. Some tower fans may have three-speed modes flow, medium and high) whereas some others have only two (level 1 and level 2). If you are someone who can easily get annoyed with even slight changes in the air drafts, opt for a fan which has a wider range of speed options. If speed is something you feel is not that important as long as you feel cool, choose the 2 level option.
9. Air Exhaust:
Most tower fans have an air exhaust which is used to expel impurities and under quality air. But there is a certain problem with these air exhausts. As tower fans work on the principle of pulling air inside them, they sometimes may pull in the air that comes out of the exhaust. This puts in more load on the ionizers and the filters which need to filter this utterly impure air. Hence, the life of the purifier viz the fan’s is reduced.
Try opting for fans which have air exhaust’s placed farthest from the air intake chambers. Best cases, try avoiding fans with an exhaust, they surely add little value on an overall.
10. Adjustability of height:
You have to understand one thing when it comes to tower fans. They are all about providing coolness and not air. Adjustable height makes it easier for you to place the tower fan in a single place or multiple places and yet receive the same amount of coolness.
Not all tower fans are made with adjustable heights, a few have fixed and yet provide with the same amount of air. But in cases of fans of column sized and shapes, be sure to pick wherein you can adjust the height according to your comfort and zones.
While this may not be something we should be preaching as your common sense must already be tingling. As tower fans are a bit of an expensive affair and are modern in nature, be sure to look for a proper warranty and manufacturer’s coverage. This will protect you against any possible damages and replacements if necessary.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Overall yes but this again depends on the room size and cooling effect requirements. Pedestal fans are bigger and ideal to provide cool air to bigger rooms. Tower Fans actually serve a complimentary purpose. They either cool a small room or help cool bigger rooms which have air conditioning but poor reach to the corners.
Tower fans have a principle of taking/ sucking in the surrounding air, passing them through ionized air filters and then letting them out of the outlet areas. This is cooled air which, often is used to compliment the cooling power of an Air Conditioned at low powers and circulated its coolness around the room.
To escape from the muggy heat and sweaty body, a tower fan can be an essential tool for you. With the latest tech and sleek designs, tower fans have completely changed the market for good. Also with remote control options and silent operation, this appliance can be used both in homes as well as in offices. Our recommendation on this list is the Bajaj Tower Fan. With 4 way delivery, silent operation and a low price tag, this one takes the crown. But it misses on the remote control. If you want remote control functionality go for Deco Tower Fan.
Do let us know your thoughts about the list on the comment section below!