The modern TV wants to be slimmer than it was yesterday. While this may give you better picture clarity and resolution, it has become tough for the machine to pack more sound power than before. This drives you to buy bombastic audio boxes but then again, nothing beats the versatility, style and performance such as a soundbar.
A soundbar is a speaker that balances treble and provides good bass as well.
They are small, thin, slim and pack a punch just as a bulky box of speakers would. In this article, we have picked out the top and the best Soundbars you can buy in India. Our list has been curated on the basis of quality, reliability and pricing in that order. The following are the three key factors that you would need to take care of before buying a soundbar.
- Number of Channels:
One of the fundamental things that you would consider before purchasing a soundbar is the number of channels that it comes with. The basic acceptable channel number would be 3 channels at the least. There are a lot of budget-friendly soundbars that come with 2.1 channels which are decent enough if you have to entertain a small to mid-sized room.
- Dolby Atmos
While previous models of soundbars had to compromise on the surround sound, the arrival of Dolby Atmos has enhanced the amount of immersive surround you can experience form a soundbar. The presence of Dolby Atmos surround sound would be a great add on to the channel numbers as it gives you an immersive experience
The third important thing that you need to consider is the available connectivity options. Basic models provide simple Aux or Bluetooth connectivity whereas higher-end models come with WiFi interlinking and even HDMI connectivity that give you seamless audio experience.
Apart from these three, there are a bunch of other important factors that you would need to consider before making a purchase decision. We have included them and also a handful of Frequently Asked Questions in the Buying Guide section of the article. Be sure to check that out as well.
Now, without any further Ado, let us jump right into the article and review the best Soundbars to buy in India.
List of the 7 Best Soundbars in India
|Soundbars||Output Wattage||Connectivity||Buy Now|
|JBL Wireless Soundbar||440 Watts||WiFi, Bluetooth, AUX, HDMI and USB||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Yamaha YAS-109 Soundbar||120 Watts||WiFi, Bluetooth, AUX, HDMI and USB||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Sony HT-Z9F Cinematic 3.1Ch Soundbar||440 Watts||WiFi, Bluetooth, AUX, HDMI and USB||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|BoAt AAVANTE Bluetooth Soundbar Speaker||120 Watts||AUX, HDMI and USB||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Blaupunkt Soundbar||120 Watts||Bluetooth, AUX, HDMI and USB||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Mulo Arena Soundbar||45 Watts||Bluetooth, AUX, HDMI and USB||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Mi Soundbar 8 Speaker Drivers||80 Watts||Bluetooth and AUX||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Top Soundbars in India: Reviews
First on our list is the super powerful JBL SB450. This powerful wireless Soundbar supports Ultra HD 4K Resolution and has 3 HDMI ports as well. With striking audio balance and powerful audio output, they form our first choice.
- Seamless function even for Ultra HD 4K Display units and devices
- Incredible 440 watt power output
- Deep bass with its 8 inches subwoofer. The subwoofer has an adjustable volume control
- Bluetooth enabled with a maximum control and connect range of 32 feet
- Comes with the JBL Soundshift that lets you switch between TV and Phone/Laptop or Tablet sounds in an instant.
- JBL Connect lets you connect multiple JBL speakers for great audio amplification
- Virtual Surround Sound with Harman Display Sound and you won’t even need any additional wiring etc.,
- Voice enhancements and Clear Dialogue that falls in line for audio and dialogue clarity
- The speaker responds to you smart TV remote thus letting you use a one remote for both systems
Warranty: Comes with 1 year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase
Connectivity: Bluetooth, WiFi and HDMI ports
- Great and powerful sound output
- 8 inches subwoofer
- Easy to control with a single remote for TV and the Soundbar Unit
Next on our list is the Yamaha YAS 109 Soundbar which comes with inbuilt Alexa voice control and WiFi interlinking as well. Much like the JBL soundbar, this one too has an additional wireless subwoofer variant too apart from the inbuilt subwoofer.
- Great output power of 120 watts with two 30 watt channels and 1 subwoofer of 60 watts.
- The subwoofer is 3 inches and the external wireless subwoofer (optional) is 8 inches) which give great bass to the sound
- Bluetooth connectivity and streaming inbuilt in the device thus you can use it easily with your mobile as well
- HDMI Passthrough supported that makes it easy to connect with almost any screen interface
- Built in Voice Control Assistant Alexa for great convenience
- Clear Voice for enhancing dialogue clarity.
- Also has Dolby Atmos Surround, Virtual X 3D Surround Sound for an immersive surround experience
- Can be set up for wall mount as well underneath the TV
Warranty: Comes with one year brand warranty from the date of purchase.
Connectivity: WiFi, USB, Bluetooth and HDMI passthrough supported
- 2.1 channels with internal subwoofer as well
- Alexa inside for great convenience
- Great design style
- None too specific to mention
Next on our list is a 3.1 channel soundbar from Sony. The Sony HT-Z9F comes with the option to add two more speakers to convert it into a 5.1 channel set up as well.
- 200 Watts output power capacity at nominal and maximum at 400 watts
- Proprietary Sony vertical sound engine technology for a cinematic audio experience
- 3.1 Channels with Dolby Atmos Surround DTS X experience
- Can be upgraded to 5.1 Channels with
- Output audio is 4K HDR Compatible
- Wireless connectivity through Bluetooth connecting and also WiFi interlinking enabled
- A soundbar that has both Alexa enabled in it and also Google Assistance enabled in it
- Can be directly wirelessly connected to the Bravia TV
Warranty: One year warranty from all manufacturing defects
Connectivity: Bluetooth compatibility, WiFi interlinking, USB, Optical and also supports HDMI cables as well
- Multi port connectivity
- Great compliance and very premium output sound quality
- Both Alexa AND Google Assistant supported
- Some minor issues with the Dolby Atmos Surround
Next on our list is the boAT AAVANTE Soundbar. It is one of the most affordable Soundbar systems with a dedicated Subwoofer in our list.
- With 120 Watts of RMS output, the soundbar has a 2.1 channel sound drivers with an internal subwoofer as well
- The external subwoofer is of 60 watts for extra bass that enhances your audio experience with an overall 3D Stereo surround sound
- Multiple connectivity options from HDMI Ports, to Aux cables and USB but lacks Bluetooth or WiFi connectivity
- High end equalizer technology that can optimize the sound output to suit the output source.
Warranty: 1 Year warranty manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase
Connectivity: HDMI, Aux Cable and USB
- Affordable pricing
- Sleek and concise design
- Great performance
- No Wireless connections like the Bluetooth or WiFi Interlinking
A German brand from the Pre World War era, Blaupunkt boasts superior quality of sound output at an affordable cost. The SBW 100 has a great audio profile and an equally impressive style statement.
- 2.1 Channel soundbar with high quality German build and a 120 watt sound output power
- Comes with a dedicated Subwoofer that can deliver a heavy bass simultaneously with a loud volume
- The Subwoofer has a cinematic 3D Surround sound for an immersive experience
- Side firing woofer amplifies the bass with better thump effects
- Comes with an EQ mode that automatically adjusts to every type of genre of audio
- Remote control management which can help you control, switch, change audio or adjust the volume of the soundbar along with changing the EQ modes, bass, treble etc.,
- Multiple connectivity options from AUX and Bluetooth to HDMI ARC and USB
- Very easily wall mountable and can dissolve into the surroundings
Warranty: 1 Year of manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase
Connectivity: HDMI ARC, Bluetooth, Aux and USB
- Great and reliable build quality
- Brilliant sound output with its equalizer modes
- Remote control
- Side firing woofer
- No WiFi connectivity
Next on our list is the highly rated and reviewed Mulo Arena 5000, a 2.1 channel soundbar with an internal subwoofer and multiple connectivity options all at a very affordable pricing.
- 2.1 Channel with a 25 Watt output subwoofer and a total RMS output of 45 watts
- High and Mid frequencies can be delivered for a full spectrum audio quality
- 4 Predefined Equalizer modes for movies, music, 3D and news. Switch between the modes in a single click and great ease depending on the content being streamed
- Multiple connectivity options included ranging from AUX, RCA, USB and Bluetooth version 4.2. Comes with a converter cable (AUX TO AUX and AUX to RCA) for easier TV or Mobile or Computer connection
- Sleek and admirable design statement and can be easily mounted onto the wall
- Remote control which helps you control, manipulate and manage the volume, change the EQ setting modes and much more.
Warranty: One year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase
Connectivity: AUX, RCA, USB and Bluetooth
- Affordable pricing
- Highly reviewed and rated
- Great reliability
- Good subwoofer
- No WiFi interlinking
Finally on our list is the Mi Soundbar. Xiaomi has been the hearthrob for budget appliances. The Mi Soundbar comes with an incredibly affordable pricing and a sleek and stylish performance.
- Come with 8 sound drivers with a total of 80 watts of power
- Single channel with no subwoofer but enhanced bass
- The Enhanced bass is acquired with passive radiators present in the soundbar
- Minimal set up time required and can be easily connected to any device with bluetooth
- The Mi Soundbar also has other connectivity options such as the S/PDIF, Aux-in cable, optical and the Line-in connectivity ports using which you can connect the soundbar to TVs, Mobiles and anything else
- Light in weight, the soundbar can be set up and installed on the wall as well.
Warranty: One year of manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase.
Connectivity: Aux and Bluetooth
- Light in weight yet very sturdy
- Minimal in design
- Very affordable pricing
- Does not have large sound output power enough for superior bass or treble
- No voice assistant set up
- Lacks WiFi interlinking
- Less number of channels
Buying Guide: How to choose a great Soundbar?
Soundbars are to large speakers what laptops are to desktops. They may look small and compromising in terms of output quality, but technology has let them come far enough to compete with large sound boxes both in terms of price and performance as well. In this buying guide, we are going to discuss all the important parameters and factors that you need to consider before buying a Soundbar.
A Soundbar vs A Soundbase
A soundbar, as you might have figured out by now, is a long and narrow speaker that can be hung on a wall by the TV set or placed in front of the TV in addition to the main speaker drivers. They come with multiple (usually with a minimum 3) speakers in them and also come with integrated subwoofer systems within them.
A sound base, on the other hand, as the name suggests is more of bases. They are much thicker than soundbars and are placed on a table or a cabinet and usually act as bases for TVs to be placed on. These things come in various sizes and their ability to carry the TVs weight is also a major deciding factor. Soundbases do not come with, nor need an additional subwoofer.
There are not a lot of comparisons between a soundbar and a sound base because they both virtually serve different purposes. But you can conclude one thing for sure, a soundbar is much more versatile.
They have a knack of getting slimmer and slimmer and with their narrow shaping, they have a better wide spread of sound and also, Soundbars have better connectivity features than a sound base (which usually relies on Aux and HDMI connectivities).
Factors to consider while choosing a Soundbar
1. Number of Channels
If you are just about well versed about audio and music systems, you would know that the number of channels in a sound system determines its overall quality and sound output.
While the basic number of channels that promise a decent quality and good bass is anything above 3. 3.1 Channels can give you a good boost of sound and a bass that you can enjoy. Anything above 3 is a cherry on the top.
While there are plenty of models that start with 2.1 channel systems, they are okayish and are good to go if you are going for budget-friendly models. But please make sure that the subwoofers of the soundbar is up to the mark and not so disappointing.
You can find out more about the subwoofer of any product by reading up on the product reviews where they are more talking about the balance between the bass and treble. If you see that any product has higher and booming sounding bass, that means that the subwoofer is not up to the mark and you can forgo the product for something that has a bass sound that doesn’t lie out flat.
2. Dolby Atmos Surround
The very reason you are buying a sound system that is not the one in your TV is that you want a cinematic experience. Dolby Atmos is a proprietary technology that literally surrounds your entire 3 dimensions with sound.
DTS demands higher channels but the dedicated drivers it has can fire up the sound in all directions. The bouncing of sound waves can envelop around the room and thus give you a stimulus that you are in a theatre. Earlier versions of Dolby Atmos Surround speakers were only made for high standing speakers but nowadays, soundbars have equally efficient Dolby Atmos Surround in them as well. The current Dolby Atmos technology is capable of processing about 128 distinct objects for surround sound.
The next most important and vital thing to consider in a soundbar is its connectivity. Most of the soundbars come with basic Bluetooth and Aux compatibility. Depending on the level of advancement in the tech used, you can expect more connectivity options such as WiFi, HDMI Ports among others.
Other connectivity options available include Alexa, Google or Bixby that allow you to control not just the sound system but also the TV in some cases as well.
Soundbars are tricky. You can find a feature-rich soundbar at just fraction of a rate from a similarly feature-rich soundbar. Here comes the trickiest part. Most of the low priced models of not so popular soundbars may come with good quality but there is some margin of problems that exist in them.
It is either the plastic quality that is at fault or it is the sound output quality or it may be a connectivity issue. Often than not, you would be buying a Soundbar for an expensive and good resolution TV. In such a case, it is always wise of you to go ahead with a good quality Soundbar, even if it falls somewhere in the optimal budget range.
Given the high price ranges of soundbars, warranty is an important aspect. The general duration of the warranty for a Soundbar is around 1 year. Depending on the brand of your choice, you can either get higher or lower. There are a lot of not so credible brands that provide cheap 6 months of manufacturer’s warranty but please make sure you properly vet the brand from its reviews before choosing such products. A lot can be told about a brand by the duration of its warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions
A soundbar is a narrow vertical device which has more than 2 audio channels and almost always a subwoofer. A soundbase is a slightly larger base like structure upon which you place the TV. You would be using the Soundbase to connect to other large speakers as it inherently does not have any speakers in it.
Soundbars can be extended to facilitate more than the speakers in its systems. You can either add wireless rear speakers or also if they have HDMI connectivity, you can connect them and have a larger sound system for the room.
Active speakers are those that come with an in-built amplifier to power the sound. Soundbars have amplifiers of their own that can power the sound channels and this separate the left, center and right speakers.
Passive speakers on the other hand are those that do not have any built-in amplifiers in them. They would need an external amplifier to be able to work. Soundbars are usually not passive speakers but passive soundbar speakers are also available. They are great if you need to manipulate the sound a lot and also for large scale audio setups and are generally more expensive than active speaker soundbars.
Subwoofers give you intense hums and booming sound effects from the music that add on to the magic of the audio. Most of the soundbars of today come with a subwoofer and that’s a good thing as it adds great sound value to the entire speaker units.
Wrapping it Up
The super powerful JBL SB450 is truly wireless, supports Ultra HD 4K Resolution and has a total of 3 HDMI ports. With its striking audio balance, 440 watt powerful audio output, 8 inches dedicated subwoofer, multiple convenient features such as the JBL Soundshift, JBL Connect and the Harman Display Surround Sound, it is easily one of the best Soundbars to buy in India.
While that was our list, we are intriguing to find out about your picks. Which one did you like? Did we miss out on anything? Or do you want us to add or remove anything from the list? Or is it that you have any questions for us regarding Soundbars or other audio gadgets? If so, feel free to write to us in the comments section below and our team of product experts will write back to you as soon as possible