Do you stay away from home due to your education or job and miss home cooked food and your mother’s rotis and parathas? A roti maker is all you need to have perfectly prepared rotis, chaptis and parathas without the hassle of using the rolling pin, rolling board and griddle.
Electric roti/chapati maker is the perfect kitchen appliance for working professionals and house wives alike that makes a bulk of rotis within a very short period of time and saves time and effort. Roti makers make perfectly round, thin and puffed rotis every time.
Above all, roti makers are extremely economical. It saves gas and consumes minimal amount of power. But with so many models and brands of roti/chapati makers available in the market, it is difficult to choose a model that is easy to use and durable. It is also important to check a few basic features such as non-stick coating, automatic temperature control, light indicator, griddle size, safety, power consumption, etc. so that you can make an informed choice. A detailed “buying guide” is present at the end of the article which will help you make this choice. Be sure to check it out too.
Best Roti Makers in India
|Best Roti Maker||Warranty||Unique Feature||Watts Consumed||Buy Now|
|Prestige PRM 3.0 Stainless Steel Roti Maker||1 Year||Temperature Control Knob||900 Watts||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Bajaj Roti Maker||NA||Automatic Shut Off||900 Watts||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Molo Roti Maker/ Khakhra Maker||NA||Heavy Duty||900 watts||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Kerwa Non Stick Shockproof Roti Maker||1 Year||Automatic Shut Off Thermostat||900 Watts||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Rico Roti Maker||NA||Automatic Shut Off||---||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Best Roti Makers in India 2020
First on our list is the Prestige PRM 3.0 Roti Maker. Made out of Stainless Steel material, this roti maker comes with a temperature control knob at the tip of the amply broad griddle where it meets the handle bar.
Through this knob, one can control the kind of temperature the roti needs to be cooked at. Though the numbering of the temperature at which knob turns about is not specified, one can get a fair idea thanks to the minimum and maximum positions available on the knob’s indicator (Red for Max and Green for Min). This innovative feature is the reason why the Prestige PRM 3.0 ranks top on the list of Top 5 Best Roti Makers in India.
Apart from that, we have a device that is made out of high grade stainless steel and a griddle that has a good quality non stick plate. While the stainless steel body promises high quality, the griddle could be used not for making rotis but also other small time dishes such as small dosas, utappams and khakras too.
Thanks to the cool handle which is made out of quality plastic fibre, one can no longer fear of the high temperature heat or any kind of electric shocks.
Amazing Features of Prestige PRM 3.0 Stainless Steel Roti Maker
- Has an adjustable temperature control knob
- Contains high quality non-stick griddle plate for perfect and fluffy rotis
- Consumes just about 900 watts power.
- Durable quality stainless steel
- Fibre plastic body of shockproof nature.
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty availability
The only probably concern about this particular roti maker is that it takes somewhat considerable time to cook a normal roti. But this again can be manipulated and made better with toggling the heat thanks to the temperature adjustable knob.
With an incredibly conservative power consumption and 1 year worth manufacturer’s warranty, the Prestige PRM 3.0 Stainless Steel is one of the best in the rack roti maker from prestige. Ideal for both small to mid range families and bachelors alike, one can go for buying this product without a second thought.
Bajaj is a well-known brand in the market of electrical appliances. It is a trusted brand that has served over 60-years and provided the best customer experience.
The Bajaj Vacco Electricals crafted with utmost engineering experience for making the best rotis and khakras for your loved ones. The rotis are fluffy, light, and quick with love that reminds you of homemade chapatti.
The Roti maker is made of the superior quality tubular element with food-grade Teflon coated non-stick aluminum. The outer body is covered by stainless steel to provide the basic conductivity.
The shockproof body and heat resistant handle make it easy to carry. It will normalize the increasing temperature so that you can make rotis as much as you want. There are light indicators that are pre-determined with automatic cut-off features when there is an increase in the heat supply.
Also, the LED indicator turns off when the machine is ready to take the dough ball for the next roti. The Dimension of the tawa is 20.26 cm that will give you the perfect circle shape of the dough.
Things we liked
- Easy to use as it makes the rotis quickly and soft.
- Have all-way protection with power cut off feature
- Time and energy efficient
- Multipurpose usage to make Rotis, Parathas, papads, Kulchas, Khakras, etc.
- It is portable as you can carry it easily
- Non-stick tawa coating
- Shockproof with double stainless steel
- Perfect for bachelors
Things we did not like
- It gets marks on the tawa easily
Another budget-friendly option with great build quality is MOLO Roti Maker. Although, the product quality is quite less compared to Bajaj model, sturdy design makes easy to place in kitchen space without any hassle.
Amazing Features of MOLO Roti Maker
- Anti-fall plate design.
- Comes at cheap rates.
- Features dual heating element.
- Utilizes 900 watts of power supply.
- Operating voltage 230V, 50Hz frequency.
- Large gripping handles to hold and press.
- Red indicator light to know the current operation.
The main reason for being in the list of top 5 Roti makers India is because of soft-making rotis and shockproof outer body. This electric Roti maker offers uniform heat by using 900 watts power and operates at 230V/50Hz frequency depending on the requirement. However, you can adjust the heat settings of non-stick plate to prepare your favourite food item.
Wrapping up, the performance of MOLO chapati maker is quite good and best for those who stick to the budget. It can prepare oil-free chapattis, dosas and much more without any effort. The only drawback is that the manufacturer didn’t mention about the warranty details. Apart from that, it’s totally worth buying!
If you want to make smooth and crispy rotis at home then simply grab Kerwa Roti maker online. Although there’re many popular brands and choices available in the market, this wonderful product tackles the complex cooking tasks in just couple of minutes.
With this amazing device, you can prepare a lot of things like rotis, papad, omelette, dosa and much more food items in less time. It is made of stainless steel outer body to look beautiful and gives strong support to the base.
The non-stick coated aluminium plate makes the Roti effortlessly without sticking to the walls. Ergonomic handle helps to press the dough to acquire round-shape and can be carried from one location to another.
Amazing Features of Kerwa Chapatti Maker
- Non-stick coating plate.
- Very economical to buy.
- 4500 watts of power usage.
- Uses stainless steel material.
- Cool touch ergonomic handle.
- Absolutely a shock-proof Roti maker.
This product is very light in weight and versatile design makes easy to clean/wipe out the unnecessary stains. It’s not just limited to kitchen; you can also make use of this Roti maker at chapatti centers, hotels and Tiffin centers.
On the whole, this Kerwa shockproof Roti maker offers exceptional performance in terms of preparing tasty rotis, quick-operation and long-lasting nature. It comes with a red LED indicator light which lets you know when the device has reached the maximum temperature.
Customers are bit disappointed with the poor manufacturing services and few claim that they’ve received the damaged piece. Once you receive the product check for any damages.
The Rico Roti Maker provides the soft, light, fluffy, and similar to what you love when you get at your home. This is the best choice for the bachelors living far from their family and is not an expert in making rotis.
The Roti Maker is easy to handle as it is lightweight. You get rounded and puff rotis within minutes. It will be the best partner when you are in a family function and require many rotis. The high-utility pressing handle presses the tawa with the upper lifting handle.
The Tawa and the machine body is made of ABS plastic touch handle with steel that has an integrated design. The use of stainless steel helps you to keep the machine rust proof.
The upper lifting handle is equipped with a heat resistant lifting handle that allows lifting the top plate while the rotis are prepared.
As compared to other products, the size of the tawa is small.
Things we liked
- It comes with temperature control on the tawa
- Portable and easy to control
- Great quality
Things we did not like
- The size of the rotis are small
Buying Guide: How to pick the best roti maker
There might be hundreds of models but all are not equally efficient in making evenly cooked round rotis. There are a few factors and features that you need to look for in a roti maker. We have a ready list of the factors that decide how efficient and reliable your roti maker will be.
Remember that kneading and preparing the dough is very different than what you do normally. You have to add more water, let sit the dough, always prepare the fresh dough and eat your rotis as soon as possible. We have included all steps with tips for making the best rotis out of your roti makers.
Choosing the best Roti Maker for You
1. Choose from Authorized Manufacturers/ Brands
There are two major reasons to consider the brand for a roti maker- warranty and after-sales service. You can easily get a warranty of 1-2 years on a roti maker from a good brand. They offer free replacements or repairing within the warranty period. Also, a brand model comes with good after-sales services. All major brands have wide networks of service centers across all major cities and towns. They have authorized servicemen to handle any kind of troubles related to a kitchen or electrical appliance. Even after the warranty period, you can contact them for easy repairing. And if you are willing to buy from a lesser-known brand make sure you have reliable service facilities where you get to fix any trouble, whether it as small screw or power failure.
2. Don’t settle for something cheap
There are many cases where a cheap product beats an expensive product with its quality and performance, but it is never the case with a roti maker. Price of roti maker represents its quality. A cheap product may leave your rotis uncooked or overcooked. It may not have the necessary features. Cheap models are also smaller in size making smaller sizes rotis. So you have to balance your budget with the performance of a roti maker very wisely so you don’t regret it in the future.
3. Consider Size and Weight
Roti maker is a simple tool that you will probably use daily. Almost all roti makers are compact and easy to store in any corner of the kitchen, be it the kitchen platform or the countertop. Size isn’t a concern here, the main concern is weight. You have to lift the upper lid put it down and apply pressure to make a uniformly thin and round roti if the upper lid feels too heavy to lift it will not ease your work. Choose something that has minimum weight. You can ask the manufacturer or the dealer about the weight.
4. Consider the Power Input
Roti maker should reach a temperature of 450 degrees F to make the best kind of rotis. It takes some time to heat at first. A roti maker which has more wattage will be able to heat up faster and will make evenly cooked rotis in no time. Choose a model that has a minimum of 800Watts power with 200-250 Voltage for an 8-inch griddle, this is the minimum power required to reach 450 degrees F. However, popular brands come with 1000 Watts or more and perform a lot better than a basic level model with 800 Watts.
5. Look for User Manual/Demo CD
Many users blame the roti maker when they can’t make an ideal roti using a roti maker. But it’s is not always the fault of the roti maker. Users often don’t follow the instructions while using it, like the consistency of the dug has a lot to do with the taste of the rotis. So, check it if your model provides you with a user manual or includes a demo CD with the package.
6. Look for these Features
- Griddle Size and material: The griddle of you roti make should be made of aluminium and should be coated with non-stick material to easily flip and remove the rotis without sticking it to the surface. You should select your griddle by the size of your roti- it can be 8 to 12-inch in diameter.
- Adjustable Temperature: A roti maker sometimes comes with 3 temperature settings to choose from- low, medium and high. Choosing a model with adjustable temperature allows you to select a temperature for cooking different items other than roti, such as omelette, puri or papad.
- Shockproof Body: a roti maker it has to be made shockproof to protect you from any risks of electric shocks due to short circuits or voltage up-down.
- Non-heating handles: Users often complain about the handle for being too hot to touch. Make sure the model you purchase is well insulated so the handle can stay cool even in high temperatures to protect your hands from accidental burns.
- On/Off Indicators: This feature is a must for every roti maker you buy. This will let you know when the roti maker is ready to use. Some brands have green/red light that shows after it reaches the required temperature for making rotis. Some models in the market still lack these features, so you better check it twice before you pay for it.
How to make puffy rotis with your roti maker?
Using a roti maker is very simple with just a few steps. We have listed everything from starting to the end. Read every step and finally make the puffy rotis as you see in the advertisement.
- Sieve the atta/flour to remove any grains or hard particles
- Add some water and salt for taste
- Put a few drops of oil/butter/ghee for added softness and taste
- Knead the dough unit it reaches a soft and sticky consistency
Setting the dough aside
- Let the dough rest for 30-1 hour.
- Take it out after 1 hour and start making small dough balls.
Prepare the roti Maker
- Switch the roti maker on
- Set it to the highest temperature wait for the indicator light to turn green. The green means the griddle is hot enough and ready for making roti.
- Taken the dough ball and flatten it a little; you don’t need to make it thin and round.
- Put the ball little off-centre towards the handle
- Close the top and gently press it to flatten the ball. Open it immediately
- Cook the roti for a few seconds
- Flip the side when you see bubbles appearing
- Flip it again and cook both the sides evenly
- The roti will puff up on its own
Follow the same steps for paratha, chapatti, papad, pancakes, and omelettes. In case of pancakes and omelets don’t close the top lid. Just flip it and cook each side evenly.
Things to keep in mind
Why would you purchase a Roti Maker?
You prepare 10-40 roti a day and a roti maker makes this hard work a lot easier to you. But there are other reasons to purchase a roti maker which most of us don’t know. Some of the other benefits of having a roti maker are-
- It Saves time: how fast you can make a roti? From rolling out the balls to make a puff? A roti maker can do it within a few seconds.
- No hard work: this will be understood by them who make 20-40 rotis on a regular basis. You know it’s real hard work and takes a lot of energy and effort. Choosing a roti maker instead will save you from both.
- Need no help: whether it’s a party or sudden guest visits you will never need any help in the kitchen, this alone can make as much as rotis, parathas, and chapattis you like.
- Healthy: you can prepare parathas, chapattis using very little oil. That means they have fewer calories and are a lot healthier. Moreover, you won’t ever buy them from outside, so fewer chances of health risks and diseases.
- One-touch program: the best roti maker brands have a one-touch program in them which makes the job possible with just a button press. So you have more time for finishing other kitchen tasks.
- No mess: making roti can be messy especially when you are new to the job. Regardless of how hard you try there will always be some atta, flour on the floor which needs to be clean each time after you make a roti which is not the case with a roti maker. Using a roti maker involves zero mess thus saving a lot of your time from cleaning the areas around.
Do’s & Don’ts of a Roti Maker
Here is a list of few dos and don’ts which you can follow to keep your roti maker in a good condition over the years.
- Put the dough balls when the roti maker is hot enough. Wait for the ON indicator to show.
- Don’t press the handle too hard. Too much pressure can bend or break it or tear the uncooked soft roti
- Never try to wash, use water or wet cloths to clean the surface to the roti maker
- Wipeout any dough or flour if left on the surface after using it
- Be careful while the surface is hot, you may burn your hands
- If the handle gets hot to use a cloth to drape around it and then press the lid
- Don’t place the roti maker in a damp area
- If any damage or problem occurs please seek professional help; don’t try to fix it yourself
Why should you buy roti makers online?
Some people have misconceptions and assume the product sold online is economical because they are used by someone else or they are second-hand products. This has no basis. Sites like amazon.com are in the market for decades and have the trust worldwide. People from all over the world are purchasing new products every day every second.
Moreover, you get discounts and better payment options. If you don’t have full money don’t worry there are EMI options and sometimes no-cost EMI. Which offline store can offer you this? You will get the delivery within 6-7 days at your place or office.
If you are unsatisfied with the product, you can, by any means, apply for an exchange, return or refund of your amount.
Frequently Asked Questions
The roti maker will have an indicator light that shows when it reaches the optimum temperature required for making roti. Some brands have green/red indicator lights. Wait for lights to show then start using it. It may vary from brand to brand. So read the user manual carefully.
Roti makers that have temperature control knob are for multipurpose use. They are usually seen in high-end models. You can set and select the desired temperature depending on the food item that you will cook.
Yes. All roti makers are made shock-proof and sturdy to deal with voltage fluctuations. Just make sure of the quality of the cord material used. Most importantly, always plug the roti maker in a proper socket to make sure its safety from your side.
There may be some mistakes involved. The most common is not waiting for the roti maker to reach the optimum temperature. Some people put their hands above the surface feel the heat and place the dough balls. It won’t work. You must wait for the roti maker reaches to its required temperature or to show up the ‘ready-to-use’ indicator light. Apart from this pressing the handle too light or too hard, taking too much/ too less time in opening and closing the lid, inconsistent dough, using sharp spatulas for flipping the rotis are some of the other reasons behind your uncooked rotis. If the problem persists after correcting these mistakes and following the user manual please the take roti maker to a service center.
You can easily make parathas, chapattis, and puris. And if you wish to experiment you can also try making omelettes, papad, dosa or uthappam.
There are roti makers which have the auto-shut-off feature. It turns the machine off if you leave id idle for too long or it automatically goes off after making some rotis, as it exceeds the highest temperature required for making a roti. This is because when you place the first roti it takes much time to cook as it still takes time in heating. By the time you out your next and next roti the temperature is obtained and dropped down when it exceeds.
There can be no yes or no answer to the question as it is very subjective. An expert homemaker will always make thinner and softer rotis than a roti maker, but if you are a newbie or can’t make a roti round and even a roti maker is going to make you some round, tasty rotis in lesser time.
It will depend on what you prefer. Electric roti-makers are costly but easier to use. Manual roti-makers need effort. However, if you plan to use it outdoors go for the manual ones.
With a technically superior body, an adjustable temperature control knob, 1 year warranty, stainless steel body and a shock proof and cool plastic fibre handle, the Prestige PRM Stainless Steel Roti Maker steals our top spot of the top 5 best roti makers in India. While this is our list, we would love to hear your opinions and thoughts. What is your take on this? Did we miss out on anything? Do you have any questions regarding the working of a roti maker? Please feel free to write to us in the comments section below. Our team of home appliance experts will get back to you ASAP.