For people suffering from disorders such as COPD, cough, wheezing, asthma, bronchitis a Nebulizer perfectly helps in taking their medication.
What is a Nebulizer?
A nebulizer is a device which can ingest heavy doses of liquid medication directly into your lungs by converting it into the form of a mist.
Heavily used in hospitals and healthcare centres, a Nebulizer contain an atomizer or a compression chamber. Here you place a small specified amount of medication where the atomizer converts the medication into breathable mist.
As you see that a nebulizer works on providing you medication, it is highly important that you be particular about the kind of nebulizer that you choose. You cannot randomly pick a nebulizer and expect it to shower you with miracles of modern medication.
After a considerable time and energy spent on research, our team has gathered a detailed list of top 7 nebulizers which are safe to buy and use. Below listed are the trimmed reviews of their research and attached to them is a “buying guide“. It should help you in your journey of picking the perfect Nebulizer either for you or your loved ones.
Best Nebulizers For Kids in 2019
|Best Nebulizer||Item weight (approx.)||Product specifications||Warranty||Buy Now|
|Dr Trust Bestest Compressor Nebulizer||798 g||0.3 ml/min nebulizer rate|
10 ml medication capacity
|1.5 years||Check the Price|
|Omron NE-C28 Compressor Nebulizer||1.9 kg||0.3 ml/min nebulizer rate|
7 ml medication capacity
|3 years||Check the Price|
|Handynebulife Nebulizer||1.6 kg||Air Flow Min 8 LPM|
6-8 lpm litre flow range
|1 year||Check the Price|
|Dr. Morepen CN10 Nebulizer||1.3 kg||0.2 ml/min nebulizer rate|
5 ml medication capacity
|1 year||Check the Price|
|Agaro NB-21 Nebulizer||2.42 kg||0.2 ml/min nebulizer rate|
6 ml medication capacity
|1 years||Check the Price|
|Rossmax NA100 Nebulizer||140 g||0.14-0.4 ml/min nebulizer rate|
5 ml medication capacity
|2 years||Check the Price|
|Meditive Respiratory Nebulizer||NA||6-8 lpm nebulizer rate|
6 ml medication capacity
|1 year||Check the Price|
Dr Trust has consistently been a customer favourite for a long time due to its strong build quality and customer satisfaction. The Dr Trust compressor nebulizer has a special RespiRight technology for perfect drug ingestion and even provides a free Digital Thermometer.
Patients suffering from cough, wheezing, asthma, bronchitis and even COPD find relief using this Nebulizer. 5 additional air filters are provided as a replacement in cases where the air filters of the nebulizers are clogged after prolonged usage.
As the user can either be an adult or a kid, the nebulizer comes with 2 different masks. One adult and one fit for a kid. In the event that the person finds the air mask uncomfortable, the nebulizer even has a mouthpiece through which the patient can ingest the aerosol medication.
There is a high chance that nebulizers may result in wastage of medication. But this device comes with RespiRight technology. This works for maximum delivery of medication into the lungs by converting the liquid medicine into fine aerosol particles and delivering them right into the lungs. No more wastage of medication.
Depending on your dosage requirements, you can place your liquid medicine in the medicine chambers up to a maximum of 8 ML. The air flow too can be adjusted to suit your dosage and requirements.
A small problem exists as the cap to this medicinal chamber is loose by default and needs to be held with one hand while using the machine.
Most nebulizers have a problem with the noise that they produce while functioning. Dr Trust nebulizer too comes with noise but has a bearable level of less than 55 dba. If you wish to reduce this further, we suggest placing a cloth on the device or facing the motor side towards a wall.
The product comes with a 1-year warranty which can be extended to 1.5 years if registered on their website within 15 days of the purchase. However, the exact nature of this warranty seems to be disputed as a few users have received an extra warranty and for unregistered users, the warranty was merely 6 months overall.
- Excellent build quality
- RespiRight technology for maximum medicine delivery
- 5 additional air filters
- 2 masks (one adult-sized and one kid-sized)
- Simple to use design
- Free digital thermometer
- There is a minor warranty dispute about it either being 1 year or 1.5 years.
The first product in our list is the Omron NE-C28 Compressor Nebulizer. Omron Healthcare is a well-established global name in the field of innovative medical equipment used for health monitoring and therapy.
For patients suffering from ailments like asthma, chronic bronchitis, allergies or other respiratory disorders, the Omron Compressor Nebulizer System could prove to be effective in managing their troublesome symptoms and is easy to operate.
It comes equipped with Virtual Valve Technology (VVT) which provides the benefits of valves without using silicon valves at all. Not having silicon valves makes cleaning the kit simple and hassle-free. It is child-safe as well since silicon valves are a health hazard if swallowed accidentally. Not blotting easily reduces the incidence of infections from the nebulizer too.
Its high nebulization rate of up to 0.4 ml/min ensures efficient delivery of medication, without having to remove the mouth piece while exhaling. This autoclavable nebulizer kit is designed to leave minimal residual medication (<0.7 ml) and is convenient to carry around while travelling as well.
A 7 ml medicine cup is included within the kit. As the compressed air from the compressor is forced upwards through the nozzle, it mixes with the medication and turns into a fine aerosol. This is then directed upwards and breaks down into several smaller aerosol particles that can be easily inhaled.
This Omron product comes with an extended brand warranty of 3 years from the date of purchase.
- Equipped with Virtual Valve Technology (VVT)
- High nebulization rate with minimal residual medication (<0.7 ml)
- Autoclavable; safe, easy to operate & clean
- Child safe, with no silicon valves
- No need to remove mouthpiece during exhalation
- Does not blot easily, reducing possibility of infections
- 3 years extended brand warranty
- Air pressure relatively low
- Plastic quality could be better
This Nulife Pistontype Compressor Nebulizer from Handyneb could prove to be an effective device for patients with breathing problems. The complete package includes a nebulizer, a mask kit, pump, warranty card and a bag to hold all these accessories.
Equipped with a powerful and robust compressor that is long-lasting, this nebulizer is light in weight and a convenient option to carry around even while travelling. It ensures the medication is atomized into extremely fine particles in order to reach your respiratory tract fast, increasing the efficiency.
The anti-shock case provided with the product is an added bonus. A useful safety feature is the safety fuse that comes as a part of the device. The mask kit includes masks suitable for both adults as well as kids.
This nebulizer needs a power source to function and does not offer battery support. Compact, handy and its relatively noiseless operation are some of the advantages of this Handyneb product. It comes with a warranty of 1 year from the date of purchase.
- Powerful & robust compressor
- Compact & light in weight, easily portable
- Increased efficiency of medication with atomized particles
- Anti-shock case provided; relatively noiseless operation
- Equipped with safety fuse
- Contains both adult & kid masks
- 1 year warranty
- No battery support
- Vapour flow relatively less
Dr. Morepen is a well-known brand name with a presence of more than 30 years in the field of clinical and home health devices in the country. It comes with both child as well as adult masks as a part of the package and requires a power source for operation.
The CN06 Compressor Nebulizer by Dr. Morepen is an effective device for respiratory ailments of different kinds. Its average nebulizer rate is about 0.2 millilitres/minute, with a medication capacity of 5 millilitres.
The medication rate can be adjusted as per the requirements of the patient. A conveniently positioned open/close vent is provided for the purpose. Durable and long-lasting, this Dr. Morepen nebulizer is compact and ensures easy portability while travelling.
An advantage of this device is its unique inter-changeable jet caps. A shorter inhalation time makes administering medication easier for the patient. Dishwasher safe and autoclave safe, there are no hassles involved in cleaning this device. It has a warranty of 1 year from the date of purchase.
- Suitable for both kids & adults
- Adjustable medication administering rate with open/close vent
- Compact & lightweight; easy portability
- Unique inter-changeable jet caps
- Shorter inhalation time
- Dishwasher & autoclave safe; hassle-free cleaning
- 1 year warranty
- Runs on power source only; no battery
- Gets slightly heated up with extended usage
A brand known for its extensive R and D, Agaro takes pride in its research involved in the development of their Compressor Nebulizer. It comes with a bunch of accessories, smooth ingestion experience and can work with miniscule of the medicine particles.
Let us talk about the design of the device first. It has a small and compact place on the table style design. It comes with a carry casket within which you can store the accessories provided with it. Which are 2 masks (one adult and one pediatric ), a mouth piece and a measuring cup. The packaging also comes with a user’s manual and 5 extra air filters that can act as a replacement when the filter goes bad.
In a single dose, the agaro compressor nebulizer can accomodate 6 ml dose of medicine. The noiseless and silent operating device can produce as small as 0.5 to 0.8 micrometers of ultrafine particles.
A small problem with the device exists with its efficiency. Reportedly, this nebulizer produces about 40% less medicine vapour than any other branded product. This is due to the fact that the medicine, when atomized, develops froth around in the medicine compression chambers. You have to stop the device, settle the froth and then restart the device for best results. Owing to the economic nature of the product, this seems plausible.
Coming to the product build quality, it is sturdy and holds on its own against top brands. Moreover, it has a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty for any operation or product defects upon delivery and during the tenure.
- Simple to use design
- 6 Ml dosage per session capacity
- 5 to 0.8 micrometer ultrafine particles of aerosol
- 2 masks and a mouthpiece for usage
- 5 extra air filters
- Value for money
- 1 Year manufacturer’s warranty
- Froth forms easily and may cause decrease in efficiency
Rossmax is a leading name in the global healthcare market with a presence in more than 80 countries around the world. The Rossmax NA100 Piston Nebulizer comes in a full package along with an air tube, air filters, instruction manual, masks and a mouthpiece with the nebulizer kit as accessories.
Equipped with Valve Adjustable Technology (VAT), the nebulization rate is controllable at a consistent particle size. The design of the nebulizer is such that the rates of inhalation (0.15 to 0.40 ml/min) can easily be adjusted by the user without exchanging the parts, ensuring reduction of wasted medication.
Especially useful for patients suffering from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or asthma, this nebulizer can also be used for other respiratory disorders in general. It has a built-in compartment for the accessories that come along with it.
This nebulizer is suitable for administering medications of different viscosity levels, depending on the requirements of a particular patient. High breathing capacity users could use the high nebulization rate with open valve, while kids with lower breathing capacity can opt for low flow rate with closed valve.
The powerful piston compressor operates at a pressure of 2.96 bars and produces high quality respiratory aerosol with fine particle size, resulting in effective inhalation by the patient. This product emits negligible noise while in operation and comes with a warranty of 2 years from the date of purchase.
- Equipped with Valve Adjustable Technology (VAT)
- Consistent fine particle size for efficient inhalation
- Powerful piston compressor (2.96 bars)
- Suitable for different viscosity levels of medication
- Built-in accessories compartment (air tube, filters, masks, mouthpiece, manual)
- Low noise operation
- 2 years warranty
- Quality of filters could be better
- Can’t be used in sleeping position
Meditivs’ respiratory Nebulizer Inhaler is a simple,compact, light in weight device with a one button operation. It is ideal for both adults and children who need to ingest medication for asthma, bronchitis, COPD and a wide range of such allergic issues.
As mentioned before, it is a compact device. It comes with a simple and small handle with which it can be carried around with great ease.
This nebulizer has an atomizer motor made out of 100% pure copper motor. This is the reason why this nebulizer is so silent in its operation. The noise level when working is below 60 decibels.
With a 3 layer filtration process at work, the nebulizer can produce very ultrafine particulates of about the size of 0.8 micrometers. This aids in the perfect and seamless ingestion of the medicine.
The atomizer is easy to adjusted to fit the air flow requirements of the user. The medicine is dispensed at an optimal rate of 0.2 ml/ minuteThe instant steam functionality enables you to get the device working as soon as you power it on. No more waiting time. Thus making it incredibly helpful.
Similar to almost all of the nebulizers listed here, it also comes with 2 masks (one adult and one pediatric), a mouthpiece, tubes for ingestion , a separate medicinal chamber and also, 5 extra air filter units for replacement. But owing to its compact size, it does not have a storage place like other devices mentioned in the list.
This nebulizer comes with a manufacturer’s warranty of 1 year for any product functionality damages. This warranty does not cover breakage of the product even during the tenure.
- Compact size
- 100% pure copper thus silent in operation
- 3 layer filtration of the aerosol
- Ingestion speed o 0.2 ml/minute
- Instant Steam functionality
- 2 Masks and 1 mouthpiece
- 5 extra air filters
- 1 year warranty
- No storage compartment space like most of the devices in the list.
Nebulizer Buying Guide:
A nebulizer is an important medication related device. Hence choosing it has to be done with great care and precision. You can buy any random device off the internet or the store but again, let us remind that you are directly taking your prescribed medication through this instrument. So please apply caution.
In this guide, we try and explain to you the important aspects of a nebulizer which should be considered before buying.
First of all, you need to know that there are more than a single type of nebulizer.
Types of Nebulizers:
Nebulizers can be broadly classified into two different types, based on their mode of operation:
1. Mechanical Nebulizers: These types of nebulizers need to be manually operated. They are powered by either compressed air or oxygen and convert the medication liquid into a fine mist for higher efficiency while inhalation.
- Soft Mist Inhaler: This is a type of mechanical nebulizer that needs to be rotated clockwise from the bottom, resulting in a spring releasing energy and imposing pressure on a flexible liquid container. This causes a soft mist/spray of medication to flow out of 2 nozzles.
- Human Powered Nebulizer: Another type of mechanical nebulizer, this requires either pedaling via hand or cranking to cause air flow through its pistons. It is low in cost, electricity free and easily portable.
2. Electrical Nebulizers: These types of nebulizers require a power source to function and are not operated manually.
- Jet Nebulizer: Popularly also known as atomizers, a jet nebulizer works on the principle of using compressed air that runs through liquid medication at a very high speed to convert it into fine aerosol. Minor disadvantages are its size, weight and noise.
- Ultrasonic Wave Nebulizer: One of the oldest types to hit the market in the 60s, an ultrasonic wave nebulizer works on the principle of mechanical vibrations in a piezoelectric element that generates a high frequency ultrasonic wave. This produces a vapour mist. It is relatively noiseless.
- Vibrating Mesh Technology Nebulizer: One of the most modern nebulizers in the market today, a vibrating mesh technology nebulizer works on the principle of a vibrating laser-drilled mesh membrane that refines the droplet size into a very fine mist. Reduced wastage and heating are its pros; being expensive is a disadvantage.
Now that you have understood the types of nebulizers, you should be knowing the type you need. Great! Now let us move on to discuss the important aspects of a Nebulizer that one needs to focus on before taking the decision to buy.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Nebulizer
There are several nebulizer types available in the market. If you are not familiar with the functionalities and usage, it will be a challenging task to select the right one. To help you out, we’ve given some key factors like nebulizer type, nebulizer size, delivery rate, noise level, and many other factors below. Check it out!
1. Type of Medication:
This varies from patient to patient. Since certain medications may have characteristics or limitations as per the nebulizers they can function with, it is recommended to ask for your doctor’s advice as to which type of nebulizer to buy for yourself.
2. Mode of Operation:
This again depends on your lifestyle. If you need a device to carry around while on the go, a battery-powered one would suit you best. On the other hand if you need one for regular usage at home, you could probably opt for a tabletop one that operates on an electrical power source.
3. Buying Online or in Physical Stores:
Nebulizers and their kits are available in a great variety online as well, usually at a cheaper price and with good offers as compared to in physical stores. While ordering online, you could also get recommendations on what accessories you need along with the main product.
4. Delivery Rate :
Delivery rate of nebulizer refers to the speed and efficiency of the mist that helps to cure asthma or other respiratory problems in no time. On an average, the delivery rate of nebulizer varies from 0.15ml/min to 0.70ml/min depending on brands, and other factors. If you are severely prone to asthma then prefer nebulizer with high delivery rate for instant relief.
5. Noise Level :
You may feel discomfort when used nebulizers at night times. Because, it produces noise while working and is high at dark times. If you don’t like such weird sounds producing from the device, then go with the nebulizers that do not produce noise. Check products that we’ve given in the list that does not make noise.
Another important factor that most don’t look into is the usage of nebulizer. It can be for kids, teens, adults and elders. There’re many popular brands that offers nebulizers for different age group people. And the classification is such that it helps to cure quickly and make them enjoy breathing especially for children. In the given list of best nebulizers India, we’ve categorized based on the specific age people. Choose the right one as per your requirement to relieve the pain.
7. Easy to Use :
Earlier nebulizer models are very difficult to use and should be handled under the guidance of nurse or doctor. Now the design has become very simple that even a newbie can operate the device properly without any disruptions. It’s better to go with simple and ergonomic design nebulizers that choosing for a complicated design nebulizers.
8. Price and Warranty Information:
With price and warranty details we’ll complete the buying guide section. For most of the people price is not an issue as they’re investing on improving their health condition. It does matters sometimes when you invest on worthless fake brands and models. So, it’s important for an individual to check whether you’re getting the right product with good features for the price you are paying for. If not simply switch to the doctor-suggested nebulizers and also check the warranty information- 1 year or 2 years.
How to use a Nebulizer?
Using a Nebulizer is actually very easy. One of the most common model of nebulizer is the Air Compression based. Let us talk about its operation here today.
For this, you simply need to gather the required equipment.
- Place the Nebulizer unit, the air pipe, the mouthpiece or the facemask (user’s preference), medication taken into the measuring cup/vials or bottle on the table/bench.
- Make sure that the Compressor Nebulizer unit is placed on an even surface so that it doesn’t topple down.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with water and hand wash/soap. Dry them with a paper or a soft towel.
- Take the prescribed amount of medication into the measuring cup and pour it into the medicine chamber of the nebulizer. Today, most of these medication comes in types of pre-labeled vials.
- Set up and fix the compressor tube to the aerosol compression device‘s outlet
- Fix the mask/mouthpiece to the user properly
- Now turn on the nebulizer
- Use the aerosol flow adjustment valve to set the desired/required flow of the medication coming out.
- The user is supposed to take slow and patient breaths of the aerosol that comes out from the mouth piece.
- While using the device, if you experience any sort of discomfort or dizziness, pause the devize for a few minutes and resume it again after a small while.
- Let this process go on for however long it takes for the medicine to be totally ingested into the patient’s system.
- After it is done, and when the medication is almost over, the device will make a weird sound.
- Turn off the device and remove the mask and then clear out the medicinal chamber.
- Stove away the equipment into its storage casket or to its storage box.
How to clean a Nebulizer?
It is highly important that you clean and disinfect your nebulizer after every use. This makes sure that the nebulizer is safely ready for another use. Cleaning this is really easy and simple. Follow the steps given below to thoroughly clean up your nebulizer after every use.
- After using it, take out the medicinal chamber and rinse it off with a gush of water and let it dry
- This is to remove the dirt and the residual medicine from the tubes and the machine as a whole.
- At the end of the day, rinse off the medicinal chamber cup with warm soap water and then immediately with a batch of normal water and let it dry.
- Allow running water to pass through the air tubes to clean at the end of the day after all use.
- Every 3 days, make sure that you are rubbing and cleaning the medicinal chambers with vinegar disinfectant solution.
- For this, mix ½ cup of vinegar with 1&½ cup of water (1:3 ratio). Let the equipment soak in this mixture for about 20 minutes
- Now rinse these off with cool water and let them dry.
- Do the same with masks but gently every other week
How to store and keep the Nebulizer and its equipment:
- After a use or after cleaning it up, make sure that the equipment is completely dry to store.
- All Medication should be stored in a dry and cool place. As a few medications have it, they need to be stored in a refrigerator.
- Place the accessories like tubes, masks and cups in a ziplock bag or inside the storage casket of the nebulizer.
- For the device, cover it with a cotton cloth when not in use. Do not let any sort of dust flow on top of it or over it. It may have a chance of contaminating the air channels with or without an air filter.
- Never place the nebulizer device on the floor for use or for storage. Always place it on top of something like a table or a bench.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Follow the simple steps given below to clean the nebulizer and maintain them properly for better functioning and long-lasting. Let’s have a look!
* Firstly, pour distilled white vinegar and warm water in the ratio of 1:3.
* Place nebulizer into the obtained solution and allow it soak for atleast 30minutes.
* Rinse well and after sometime wipe out with a damp cloth to deter water droplets present on it.
* Allow it to dry for some time and start using nebulizer.
If you don’t have vinegar solution at home, you can simply wash the device in warm water to remove the dust and contaminants. It just takes 15-20minutes time to perform this task.
Given below are the most important parts of nebulizer which helps the user for smooth handling.
* Switch – To turn on and off of the device.
* Nebulizer cup – Acts as a reservoir to place medicine.
* Compressor – Pumps air into nebulization cup for converting medicine into mist.
* Tube and Connectors – Made of thin transparent material to connect nebulizer to nebulizer cup.
* Mouthpiece – Can be fixed on face by covering nose and mouth to inhale the medicine.
Yes, nebulizers are specially designed to cure asthma and other respiratory problems. They uses a liquid drug that can injected into the device and later it is converted into the mist for easy breathing.
Nebulizers are 100% safe to use for infants, babies and toddlers as it helps in treating RSV-respiratory syncytical virus and other breathing issues. Though it does not result in any side effects, most of the doctors and health professionals do not suggest using for babies.
Yes, nebulizers do make lot of noise while working continuously for a long time. It even produces more noise at night times when the surrounding environment is calm and silent. If you are not a fan such awkward sounds, grab the latest models that do not produce noise and is responsible for having a pleasant sleep at night times.
You don’t actually change the entire nebulizer setup. You just have to replace the mouth piece or masks after 4-6months if you find it to be defective or not working properly. To minimize the purchasing costs, always keep the tools and equipments neat and tidy.
In most cases, doctors recommend to use nebulizers when your breathing problem is sever or treat asthma. However, if you have allergic asthma and other respiratory problems, still you can use nebulizer without consulting a doctor. Make sure you put the right quantity of dosage into flask to inhale the medication.
No. It may seem like vicks or any mint based cough deterrent is good for ingestion, they are not. On the contrary, they aggravate the cough/cold by causing irritation in your lungs and nasal system.
Yes. As long as you clean and keep the nebulizer stored away efficiently, a nebulizer can be used for as long as 1 year to 2 years depending on its performance and build quality.
Albuterol is a drug used to treat asthma and COPD to clear the airways of the patient. Albuterol administration using a nebulizer has to be done with great care and ONLY With a doctor’s prescription.
Nebulizers have to be used with caution and care. If used improperly or too often, they could lead to a few side effects. The symptoms for these include dizziness of head, insomnia, headache, hoarseness, sore throat, stuffy or runny nose and in some cases nausea/vomiting. Hence always apply caution while using a nebulizer. Be sure to follow a prescription for usage.
The effects of a nebulizer start to show almost immediately after starting its use. I.e, you can observe the effects as soon as 5 minutes into the usage. This will last mostly for about 4-6 hours tops and changes depending on medication to medication and individual to individual.
Typically, a nebuliser is used for about 3 or 4 times a day. But this again changes depending on the prescription you are given by your doctor and on the type of medication that you are using.
In a normal sense, No. But technically, if you pour in clean water in the medicinal chamber and then inhale the water vapours, it does include oxygen but that actually makes little sense and could potentially fill up your lungs with water vapour. Hence it is not-advisable to do as such.
For using at home, you need a big nebulizer. Do not go for the compact version. For an ideal product, try the Dr Trust’s Bestest Nebulizer. It is ideal for both indoors and outdoor usage.
Nebulizers are great inventions which perfectly aid in breathing in medication for asthma, sinuses, emphysema, flu, bronchitis and most importantly COPD. For perfect treatment, you need the perfect device. All our research points out that Dr Trust’s Bestest nebulizer is the perfect pick. With its RespiRight technology, it’s easy single touch operation and most importantly, an exemplary customer service, it stole the first place.
While those were our thoughts, we would love to hear out your opinions too. What do you think is the best and top nebulizer? Do you have any query or question pertaining nebulizers and their usage? Feel free to write to us in the comments section below. Our team of experts shall write back to you as soon as possible.