With the increase of pollution level in metropolitan cities, triggers allergies, infections, nose blockage, asthma attacks and other breathing issues.
A one-stop solution is to use Nebulizers that helps you to breathe freely from the nasal cavity in a couple of minutes.
Nebulizer is a drug injecting device that cures asthma, COPD, and respiratory diseases by converting liquid drug into small droplets. Though it comes at affordable prices, performs hassle-free functioning and can be used for children, teens, adults, and elders without causing any side effects.
When it comes to choosing the right nebulizer, you may be confused due to plenty of options available in the market. So, it’s important to consider a few factors like nebulizer type, delivery rate, drug capacity, noise level etc. Apart from that, there’re several other factors that we’ve discussed in our “Buying Guide“.
If you haven’t got much time, check out the Best Nebulizers India 2018 products picked by our expert’s team, after doing research of 44-hours, reviewing products online, consulting health care professionals and interacting with customers.
Best Nebulizers For Kids in 2018
|Best Nebulizer||Item weight (approx.)||Product specifications||Warranty||Buy Now|
|Omron NE-C28||2.26 kg||0.4 ml/min nebulizer rate||3 years||Check the Price|
|Rossmax NA100||2.25 kg||0.15-0.40 ml/min nebulizer rate||2 years||Check the Price|
|Bestest Compressor||2.3 kg||10 ml medication|
capacity 6-8 lpm litre flow range
|1 year||Check the Price|
|Dr Trust Piston||2.0 kg||8-10 lpm litre flow range 6 ml medication capacity||1 year||Check the Price|
|Philips REF-1093268||2.42 kg||6 lpm litre flow range||3 years||Check the Price|
|Handyneb Nulife||1.79 kg||8 lpm litre flow range 2-10 ml medication capacity||1 year||Check the Price|
|Dr. Morepen CN06||1.98 kg||0.2 ml/min nebulizer rate|
5 ml medication capacity
|1 year||Check the Price|
The first product in our list is the Omron NE-C28 Compressor Nebulizer. Omron Healthcare is a well-established global name in the field of innovative medical equipment used for health monitoring and therapy.
For patients suffering from ailments like asthma, chronic bronchitis, allergies or other respiratory disorders, the Omron Compressor Nebulizer System could prove to be effective in managing their troublesome symptoms and is easy to operate.
It comes equipped with Virtual Valve Technology (VVT) which provides the benefits of valves without using silicon valves at all. Not having silicon valves makes cleaning the kit simple and hassle-free. It is child-safe as well since silicon valves are a health hazard if swallowed accidentally. Not blotting easily reduces the incidence of infections from the nebulizer too.
Its high nebulization rate of up to 0.4 ml/min ensures efficient delivery of medication, without having to remove the mouth piece while exhaling. This autoclavable nebulizer kit is designed to leave minimal residual medication (<0.7 ml) and is convenient to carry around while travelling as well.
A 7 ml medicine cup is included within the kit. As the compressed air from the compressor is forced upwards through the nozzle, it mixes with the medication and turns into a fine aerosol. This is then directed upwards and breaks down into several smaller aerosol particles that can be easily inhaled.
This Omron product comes with an extended brand warranty of 3 years from the date of purchase.
- Equipped with Virtual Valve Technology (VVT)
- High nebulization rate with minimal residual medication (<0.7 ml)
- Autoclavable; safe, easy to operate & clean
- Child safe, with no silicon valves
- No need to remove mouthpiece during exhalation
- Does not blot easily, reducing possibility of infections
- 3 years extended brand warranty
- Air pressure relatively low
- Plastic quality could be better
Rossmax is a leading name in the global healthcare market with a presence in more than 80 countries around the world. The Rossmax NA100 Piston Nebulizer comes in a full package along with an air tube, air filters, instruction manual, masks and a mouthpiece with the nebulizer kit as accessories.
Equipped with Valve Adjustable Technology (VAT), the nebulization rate is controllable at a consistent particle size. The design of the nebulizer is such that the rates of inhalation (0.15 to 0.40 ml/min) can easily be adjusted by the user without exchanging the parts, ensuring reduction of wasted medication.
Especially useful for patients suffering from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or asthma, this nebulizer can also be used for other respiratory disorders in general. It has a built-in compartment for the accessories that come along with it.
This nebulizer is suitable for administering medications of different viscosity levels, depending on the requirements of a particular patient. High breathing capacity users could use the high nebulization rate with open valve, while kids with lower breathing capacity can opt for low flow rate with closed valve.
The powerful piston compressor operates at a pressure of 2.96 bars and produces high quality respiratory aerosol with fine particle size, resulting in effective inhalation by the patient. This product emits negligible noise while in operation and comes with a warranty of 2 years from the date of purchase.
- Equipped with Valve Adjustable Technology (VAT)
- Consistent fine particle size for efficient inhalation
- Powerful piston compressor (2.96 bars)
- Suitable for different viscosity levels of medication
- Built-in accessories compartment (air tube, filters, masks, mouthpiece, manual)
- Low noise operation
- 2 years warranty
- Quality of filters could be better
- Can’t be used in sleeping position
The next product in our list is the Bestest Compressor Nebulizer, which comes in a complete kit with a child as well as an adult mask included in the package. This high quality nebulizer is effective for wheezing, COPD, cough, asthma, bronchitis as well as other similar respiratory disorders.
With a medication capacity of 10 ml, the nebulizer works well in an acute attack situation and is designed for both adults and kids. It is useful even in cases that require low inspiratory flows or volumes. The concentration of drug inhaled can also be adjusted if required.
An ergonomically designed handle and a three layer filtration system along with a flow adjuster make this an efficient product for respiratory therapy of different kinds. It is low on noise as well and ensures that its strong airflow contains medication in the form of ultrafine aerosol mist particles for easy inhalation.
This oil-less efficiency pump can be cleaned easily. An additional benefit is that respiratory patients need not hold in their breath while using this nebulizer. The product comes with a warranty of 1 year from the date of purchase.
- Complete kit with adult & child masks
- Effective for all types of respiratory disorders
- Useful for acute attacks & also for low inspiratory volumes
- Adjustable atomizer with varying drug concentration mechanism
- Ergonomic handle with three layer filtration system
- Low on noise; strong airflow
- 1 year warranty
- Warms up slightly with extended usage
- Liquid vaporizes quite fast
Dr Trust is a renowned global leader in world-class health care products. This Piston Compressor Handy Nebulizer is a long-lasting product belonging to the same brand.
Equipped with an ergonomically designed easy to carry handle, this lightweight nebulizer can easily be taken along while travelling. It is designed in such a way so as to ensure minimum wastage of medication along with highly efficient nebulization.
Safe and convenient to use, this piston compressor nebulizer can be cleaned easily as well. Patients suffering from asthma, allergies or any other respiratory disorders are well suited to use this product, which is convenient even for beginners.
Meant for all age groups, it has a three layer filtration process with an adjustable atomizer and strong airflow. The flow of ultrafine medication particles can be adjusted using the conveniently positioned flow adjuster at the top. The product has a warranty of 1 year from the date of purchase.
- Ergonomically designed easy to carry handle
- Light in weight for easy portability
- Ensures minimum wastage of medication
- Hassle-free cleaning; three layer filtration process
- Strong airflow; adjustable atomizer
- Meant for all age groups
- 1 year warranty
- Slightly noisy
- Heats up slightly after extended usage
Especially designed for kids, Sami the Seal Nebulizer is a child-friendly product from Philips that could be a good option if your children are suffering from respiratory disorders of any kind. This paediatric nebulizer compressor system is designed in the form of a friendly, brightly coloured animal face.
The turtle mask attached to the nebulizer helps to reduce any aerosol deposition around your child’s eyes. The handset dock provided is convenient to use and its SideStream technology is highly efficient and long-lasting.
Equipped with a robust compressor, this nebulizer can be used both at home and at the hospital and is well-suited for frequent therapy. Its built-in thermal protector safety feature prevents overheating with longer durations of use.
A bright coloured bag holds all the accessories that come as a part of the package – compressor, nebulizer, face mask, tubing and filters. This Philips product has a warranty of 3 years from the date of purchase.
- Specially designed for paediatric use
- Attractive design for children – friendly seal body & turtle face mask
- Ensures reduced aerosol deposition around child’s eyes
- Handset dock & efficient SideStream technology
- Robust compressor suited for frequent usage
- Built-in thermal protector safety feature to prevent overheating
- 3 years warranty
- Relatively noisy
- Piston quality could be slightly better
This Nulife Pistontype Compressor Nebulizer from Handyneb could prove to be an effective device for patients with breathing problems. The complete package includes a nebulizer, a mask kit, pump, warranty card and a bag to hold all these accessories.
Equipped with a powerful and robust compressor that is long-lasting, this nebulizer is light in weight and a convenient option to carry around even while travelling. It ensures the medication is atomized into extremely fine particles in order to reach your respiratory tract fast, increasing the efficiency.
The anti-shock case provided with the product is an added bonus. A useful safety feature is the safety fuse that comes as a part of the device. The mask kit includes masks suitable for both adults as well as kids.
This nebulizer needs a power source to function and does not offer battery support. Compact, handy and its relatively noiseless operation are some of the advantages of this Handyneb product. It comes with a warranty of 1 year from the date of purchase.
- Powerful & robust compressor
- Compact & light in weight, easily portable
- Increased efficiency of medication with atomized particles
- Anti-shock case provided; relatively noiseless operation
- Equipped with safety fuse
- Contains both adult & kid masks
- 1 year warranty
- No battery support
- Vapour flow relatively less
Dr. Morepen is a well-known brand name with a presence of more than 30 years in the field of clinical and home health devices in the country. It comes with both child as well as adult masks as a part of the package and requires a power source for operation.
The CN06 Compressor Nebulizer by Dr. Morepen is an effective device for respiratory ailments of different kinds. Its average nebulizer rate is about 0.2 millilitres/minute, with a medication capacity of 5 millilitres.
The medication rate can be adjusted as per the requirements of the patient. A conveniently positioned open/close vent is provided for the purpose. Durable and long-lasting, this Dr. Morepen nebulizer is compact and ensures easy portability while travelling.
An advantage of this device is its unique inter-changeable jet caps. A shorter inhalation time makes administering medication easier for the patient. Dishwasher safe and autoclave safe, there are no hassles involved in cleaning this device. It has a warranty of 1 year from the date of purchase.
- Suitable for both kids & adults
- Adjustable medication administering rate with open/close vent
- Compact & lightweight; easy portability
- Unique inter-changeable jet caps
- Shorter inhalation time
- Dishwasher & autoclave safe; hassle-free cleaning
- 1 year warranty
- Runs on power source only; no battery
- Gets slightly heated up with extended usage
Best Mesh Nebulizers in India
If you’re the one looking for a device that cures breathing issues quickly, then Omron mesh nebulizer is for you. It comes with an alloy mesh and titanium vibrator to provide nebulization with great efficiency.
No other model in the list features such strong and durable technology to withstand for long time. And is one of the reasons for nebulizer to be on expensive side.
When you purchase this premium device, you get small and large inhalation mask suitable for all aged people- children, adults and elders. Additionally, you get mouthpiece, adapter, storage bag and instruction manual. And to perform this breathing process, it just utilizes 15-watts of power supply.
Generates very fine mist to ensure medication reach deep inside the respiratory tract and can be inhaled at an angle when titled. As it come in a lightweight and compact design, suitable for home, clinics, outdoors, and at nights too.
The device operates in 2 modes- continuous mode for continuous nebulization and synchronized mode for intermittent inhalation and to synchronize with breathing. It even reduces the wastage by utilizing nebulization at a rate of 0.25ml per minute.
Here are the drugs like orcinoprenaline sulfite, isoproterenol hypochlorite; ipatropium bromide, bromhexine Hydrochloride, Epinephrine, and sodium cromoglycate are used in nebulizer for better relief.
- Lightweight and compact design.
- Maximum of 7ml medication bottle.
- 4-hours of battery life (continuous stabilization).
- Works only on batteries.
- Comes at expensive rates.
- Should be handled carefully.
Last but one in the list is from NEU ultrasonic mesh nebulizer. It is an affordable and best budget friendly nebulizer that best suits for children of age 5-13 years.
Compared to others, it has unique small and light weight design which attracts children’s and parents to opt for it. Besides, it does not produce noise at all when used for a long-time.
Do not let asthma holds you back, live freely using NEU ultrasonic mesh nebulizer. It is 100% made in India and operated using the pocketable battery.
There is an auto-off option which will automatically turn off the device when set for 10 minutes or when the drug is completed in the box. Because of the flexible option, it spreads the medication widely in all directions.
Another amazing feature about this nebulizer is that it operates with USB power supply by connecting the device to laptops, power banks or adapters, etc.
The manufacturer comes with a warranty of 1-year on the product. If a problem exists, you can replace it within the date of purchase. An instruction manual is given along with the kit to guide about the usage to customers appropriately.
- Deep reach technology.
- Absolutely safe for children.
- Small size and light weighted.
- Easy and comfortable to use.
- Auto-off and dry run protected.
- Drug delivery rate is 0.35ml/min.
- Made of polycarbonate materials.
- 1-year of manufacturing warranty.
- There is no built-in battery.
Finally, we end up with MCP portable mesh nebulizer. It is one of the leading organizations that sell medical equipments like stethoscope, BP and heart rate monitors, thermometer and much more. Nebulizer is one among them.
You don’t actually look for alternative when you have MCP mesh nebulizer with you. It helps to breathe the drug easily by placing close to the nasal position.
You can simply place liquid into the slot and turn on the power button to breathe the mist. For this to happen, it utilizes 2AA battery and also the device can be charged using a USB charger.
It features a child mask, adult mask and a mouthpiece. The charger is not included in the kit and you need to purchase separately. Moreover, you get a user-friendly manual which contains instructions for safe handling and warnings. For better results and long lasting nature, you need to follow the guidelines accordingly.
The device is specially designed for treating respiratory diseases and respiratory tract infections. It uses piezoelectric ceramic vibrate harmony to cause high speed vibration of metal mesh. And the medicine liquid will be quickly flow through micro mesh which further inhaled by masks or mouthpieces.
Moreover, it is very simple to operate with a smart button which makes comfortable while working and care your health at any time. The only thing we didn’t like about the product is that it is not suitable for elder people and there is no charger (or power adapter) in the kit.
- 1-year warranty services.
- Comes at affordable prices.
- Suitable for kids and adults.
- Best budget mesh nebulizer.
- Very simple and easy to use.
- Not for elder people.
- Doesn’t feature a charger.
Types of Nebulizers:
Nebulizers can be broadly classified into two different types, based on their mode of operation:
1. Mechanical Nebulizers: These types of nebulizers need to be manually operated. They are powered by either compressed air or oxygen and convert the medication liquid into a fine mist for higher efficiency while inhalation.
- Soft Mist Inhaler: This is a type of mechanical nebulizer that needs to be rotated clockwise from the bottom, resulting in a spring releasing energy and imposing pressure on a flexible liquid container. This causes a soft mist/spray of medication to flow out of 2 nozzles.
- Human Powered Nebulizer: Another type of mechanical nebulizer, this requires either pedaling via hand or cranking to cause air flow through its pistons. It is low in cost, electricity free and easily portable.
2. Electrical Nebulizers: These types of nebulizers require a power source to function and are not operated manually.
- Jet Nebulizer: Popularly also known as atomizers, a jet nebulizer works on the principle of using compressed air that runs through liquid medication at a very high speed to convert it into fine aerosol. Minor disadvantages are its size, weight and noise.
- Ultrasonic Wave Nebulizer: One of the oldest types to hit the market in the 60s, an ultrasonic wave nebulizer works on the principle of mechanical vibrations in a piezoelectric element that generates a high frequency ultrasonic wave. This produces a vapour mist. It is relatively noiseless.
- Vibrating Mesh Technology Nebulizer: One of the most modern nebulizers in the market today, a vibrating mesh technology nebulizer works on the principle of a vibrating laser-drilled mesh membrane that refines the droplet size into a very fine mist. Reduced wastage and heating are its pros; being expensive is a disadvantage.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Nebulizer
There are several nebulizer types available in the market. If you are not familiar with the functionalities and usage, it will be a challenging task to select the right one. To help you out, we’ve given some key factors like nebulizer type, nebulizer size, delivery rate, noise level, and many other factors below. Check it out!
Type of Medication: This varies from patient to patient. Since certain medications may have characteristics or limitations as per the nebulizers they can function with, it is recommended to ask for your doctor’s advice as to which type of nebulizer to buy for yourself.
Mode of Operation: This again depends on your lifestyle. If you need a device to carry around while on the go, a battery-powered one would suit you best. On the other hand if you need one for regular usage at home, you could probably opt for a tabletop one that operates on an electrical power source.
Buying Online or in Physical Stores: Nebulizers and their kits are available in a great variety online as well, usually at a cheaper price and with good offers as compared to in physical stores. While ordering online, you could also get recommendations on what accessories you need along with the main product.
Delivery Rate : Delivery rate of nebulizer refers to the speed and efficiency of the mist that helps to cure asthma or other respiratory problems in no time. On an average, the delivery rate of nebulizer varies from 0.15ml/min to 0.70ml/min depending on brands, and other factors. If you are severely prone to asthma then prefer nebulizer with high delivery rate for instant relief.
Noise Level : You may feel discomfort when used nebulizers at night times. Because, it produces noise while working and is high at dark times. If you don’t like such weird sounds producing from the device, then go with the nebulizers that do not produce noise. Check products that we’ve given in the list that does not make noise.
Children-Adults-Elders: Another important factor that most don’t look into is the usage of nebulizer. It can be for kids, teens, adults and elders. There’re many popular brands that offers nebulizers for different age group people. And the classification is such that it helps to cure quickly and make them enjoy breathing especially for children. In the given list of best nebulizers India, we’ve categorized based on the specific age people. Choose the right one as per your requirement to relieve the pain.
Easy to Use : Earlier nebulizer models are very difficult to use and should be handled under the guidance of nurse or doctor. Now the design has become very simple that even a newbie can operate the device properly without any disruptions. It’s better to go with simple and ergonomic design nebulizers that choosing for a complicated design nebulizers.
Price and Warranty Information: With price and warranty details we’ll complete the buying guide section. For most of the people price is not an issue as they’re investing on improving their health condition. It does matters sometimes when you invest on worthless fake brands and models. So, it’s important for an individual to check whether you’re getting the right product with good features for the price you are paying for. If not simply switch to the doctor-suggested nebulizers and also check the warranty information- 1 year or 2 years.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to clean a nebulizer?
Follow the simple steps given below to clean the nebulizer and maintain them properly for better functioning and long-lasting. Let’s have a look!
- Firstly, pour distilled white vinegar and warm water in the ratio of 1:3.
- Place nebulizer into the obtained solution and allow it soak for atleast 30minutes.
- Rinse well and after sometime wipe out with a damp cloth to deter water droplets present on it.
- Allow it to dry for some time and start using nebulizer.
If you don’t have vinegar solution at home, you can simply wash the device in warm water to remove the dust and contaminants. It just takes 15-20minutes time to perform this task.
2.What is a nebulizer?
Nebulizer is an affordable machine that cures several breathing problems like allergies, asthma, emphysema, chronic bronchitis, COPD, and other respiratory problems. It carries proper medications via compressor and turns to misty aerosol before you inhale. Moreover, it best suits for all aged group people without any side effects.
3. What efficient parts does a nebulizer contain?
Given below are the most important parts of nebulizer which helps the user for smooth handling.
- Switch – To turn on and off of the device.
- Nebulizer cup – Acts as a reservoir to place medicine.
- Compressor – Pumps air into nebulization cup for converting medicine into mist.
- Tube and Connectors – Made of thin transparent material to connect nebulizer to nebulizer cup.
- Mouthpiece – Can be fixed on face by covering nose and mouth to inhale the medicine.
4. How to use a nebulizer?
Place compressor in a safe and accessible location.
- Now, take the medicine as prescribed by the health care professional.
- Pour liquid medicine into the nebulizer cup in sufficient amounts (i.e. say in ml).
- Fix mouthpiece and top piece tightly to ensure there is no leakage of medicine.
- Connect the device to tubing and get ready to inhale the medicine.
5. Are nebulizers good for asthma patients?
Yes, nebulizers are specially designed to cure asthma and other respiratory problems. They uses a liquid drug that can injected into the device and later it is converted into the mist for easy breathing.
6. Is it safe to use a nebulizer for babies?
Nebulizers are 100% safe to use for infants, babies and toddlers as it helps in treating RSV-respiratory syncytical virus and other breathing issues. Though it does not result in any side effects, most of the doctors and health professionals do not suggest using for babies.
7. Do nebulizers make a lot of noise?
Yes, nebulizers do make lot of noise while working continuously for a long time. It even produces more noise at night times when the surrounding environment is calm and silent. If you are not a fan such awkward sounds, grab the latest models that do not produce noise and is responsible for having a pleasant sleep at night times.
8. How often you should change or replace the nebulizer?
You don’t actually change the entire nebulizer setup. You just have to replace the mouth piece or masks after 4-6months if you find it to be defective or not working properly. To minimize the purchasing costs, always keep the tools and equipments neat and tidy.
9. Is it necessary to have prescription to use nebulizers?
In most cases, doctors recommend to use nebulizers when your breathing problem is sever or treat asthma. However, if you have allergic asthma and other respiratory problems, still you can use nebulizer without consulting a doctor. Make sure you put the right quantity of dosage into flask to inhale the medication.
To recapitulate, Nebulizers are wonderful breathing machine that helps to treat asthma, sinuses, emphysema, lung disease, flu, allergies and bronchitis. You need to put it on mouth just above the tongue and keep lips sealed tightly. Inhale slowly through nose so that the medication goes deeper into the lungs.
Of all the popular brands and different choices available in the market, its important consider few things like nebulizer type, drug dosage level, durable nature, and noise. For detailed information on nebulizers, read our buying guide.
Our top pick is Omron Nebulizer from the list of best nebulizers India due to high nebulization rate, with minimal medication and 3-years of standard warranty services. Moreover, it is equipped with virtual valve technology to ensure hassle-free functioning and best suits to use for children, adults and elder people.
Which Nebulizer type you prefer? How efficient it is? Does it result in any side effects? Share your wonderful experiences in the comment section given below. We’ll help to solve your problems with a quick reply.
Strict Note: The information contained in this article is only for educational purposes. Consult a doctor or health care expert before you make a try.