No matter how stylishly you design your kitchen, if you are using 10 years old stove full with grease it will still look dull and old. Best kitchen hobs are must whether you are renovating your old kitchen or building a new one. A fancy hob with smart features makes your kitchen stand out and takes your cooking into a whole new level.
Mostly asked questions about hobs are how they are different than the gas stoves? Well, a kitchen hob is actually a modern version of the tradition gas stoves with added benefits. They are generally built-in to the kitchen slabs and cannot be removed easily. They look very stylish and are far more expensive than the ordinary gas stoves. Since it is fixed, it is sturdier, saves a lot of space while making your kitchen look clean and chic.
Unlike, the ordinary gas stoves they come with more powerful burners for making phulkas, parathas or chapattis with strong support grills to hold the heavy Tawas, big kadhai and pressure cooker. They also come with multiple burners with different powers, sometimes 5, to help you cook verities of dishes at once. They are comparatively easier to clean with their simplistic design and a right burner will also cut down on total gas usage.
If you are about to buy a kitchen hob right now, hold on, there is more to it. They largely vary in terms of build quality, while some come in the fully-steel body the others have a tempered glass on top, the burners also come in different styles and sizes made with different knobs and pan supporters. With the newest models in the market comes with some advanced features like auto-ignition, flame failure detection, 360 rotating knobs, safety-lock etc.
Our team experts have done intense research on different kitchen hobs and finally compiled a list by interacting with customers, analyzing various hob reviews and ratings! Below, we have provided you with the list of 7 Best Kitchen Hobs in India 2020 that you can find in the market right now.
Best Kitchen Hobs in India
|Kitchen Hobs||No. of Burners||Auto ignition||Buy Now|
|Elica Brass Cooktop Hob||3||Yes||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Glen 1065 Hobtop||4||Yes||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Seavy Glass Build in Hob||3||Yes||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Sunflame CT Hob Gas Hob, Black||4||No||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Bosch Gas Hob||3||Yes||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Hindware Elisa 3B Build in Kitchen Hob||3||Yes||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Prestige Hob Glass Top Gas Hob||3||Yes||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Top Kitchen Hobs 2020 Reviews In India
Elica is relatively new in the market but has made some of the best quality kitchen chimneys so far in India and their kitchen hobs are no different. So if you have plans on buying a kitchen hob without compromising on quality, efficiency and design then our 1st recommendation is Elica 3 Brass Cooktop Hob.
The product includes 3 brass burners on a black glass top to help you cook 3 different items at one go. The Ultra Slim Floating figure looks extremely elegant with the black smooth finish and adds a hint of luxury to your kitchen. The best thing is, it can be used as a built-in hob or a cooktop according to your preference.
Even the knobs are made to go easy with the user; they can rotate 360 degrees and comes with auto-ignition feature. No need to rotate the gas cylinder. Just turn the nozzle for gas and press it to connect with the gas cylinder and it will automatically ignite the flame.
The pan supporters made of enamelled cast Iron hold the heavy utensils and the rustproof coating keeps it as it is for decades, taking all that heat and moisture without forming corrosion. Like any other hobs, you get 1 year of warranty on the product.
- 3 heavy-duty brass burners- 2 large and 1 small burner are designed to provide even heating and faster cooking.
- Free standing cook top- this free standing cooktop is very easy to install and has a sturdy grip to provide you hassle free cooking experience.
- Compact design- hob dimensions are 750 x 450 x 45mmwhich makes it easily fit inside small kitchens with compact spaces.
- Auto-ignition- 1.5 Volt power battery operated ignition.
Overall performance of Elica is excellent! Even the small burner produces a good amount of heat to cook faster, the black body looks stunning and you can use it both as an in-built hob or cooktop. The only downside is the warranty, the body and some other parts don’t come under warranty which is expected at this price.
If you want it to be bigger with 4 burners then opt for Elica 4 Brass Burners , slightly expensive though but the performance is worth the money.
- High-quality brass burners
- Powerful and even heating
- Can be used as a cooktop or built-in hob
- Ultra slim floating design
- Cast iron support
- Rustproof enamel coated supporters
- Expensive comparative to others
- Auto-ignition feature may not work well in some models.
Glen Kitchen hob is a perfect blend of quality, efficiency and affordability which has rightfully placed it 2nd in our list. The hob comes with 4 different sized burners, 1 auxiliary burner, 2 semi-rapid burners and one big triple-ring burner. They are made of pure aluminium and features auto-ignition technology.
The top has a nice black finish with toughened glass that is scratch proof and easy to clean. It also resists any impact and heat which is a big reason behind frequent damage to the glass top. It has black Bakelite knobs that give it a firm and crisp look in contrast with the glossy finish on the top.
The model has Italian valves, the imported valves maintain low flame and no-sim off. The pan supports are made of 4mm thick cast iron which provides ultimate stability to the big sized kadhai and pans especially made for Indian households.
The dual-purpose kitchen hob can be used as a built-in hob or a free standing hob by simply removing the legs, making it a perfect fit for a big Indian family.
- 4 burners- 1auxilary, 2 semi-rapid and 1 triple-ring burner
- Cast iron pan supports and stainless steel drip trays
- Toughened glass- resistant to scratch, stain, heat and impact
- Auto-ignition- integrated auto ignition system
- Small size- small size hob 600x510mm can be easily fit in a small sized kitchen
The product is amongst one of the small budget friendly hobs available in India that offers powerful performance, solid build quality and reliability. The reason we placed it 2nd on the list is because of its design which is not so appealing when compared to Elica, otherwise, it’s a solid pick for the price, totally worth it. You can pick it over Elica if you are okay with the design and prefer 4 burner hob.
- 4 burner hob at an affordable price
- Compact design
- No sim off and low flame feature
- Impact, heat and scratch resistant glass top
- Dual purpose hob
- 2 years of warranty on the product
- No warranty on the glass
Looking for something stylish and powerful under low budget? Take a look at our next edition from the Brand Seavy. The brand has won many accolades by proving fine quality kitchen equipment at a very reasonable price.
With black toughened glass on top, the unit looks very stylish. The glossy finish along with the minimal design can instantly uplift your kitchen’s makeover. 3 different sized brass burners are meticulously arranged on the top to provide you maximum space while cooking in big pans and pots. The burners have a simple yet rugged structure for easy cleaning and maintenance.
For those who have space crunches in their kitchen, Seavy has designed the unit in a compact manner which will take very little space on your kitchen top.
The pan supporters are rust proof and corrosion proof coating can be used daily without worrying about peeling off or losing colour. It features built-in hobs with easy installing. They are easily removable and can be cleaned whenever required.
- Space saving design- for kitchen with lesser storing space it has utilized its designed in a more organized way. The measurements are 730mm X 430mm.
- 3 brass burners- three different sized burners (L, M and S) for different purposes gives ultimate freedom of cooking.
- Auto-Ignition- auto-ignition not only provides the convenience of usage but also ensures your safety while you cook. Simply turn the buttons to ignite the stove.
- Free standing or built-in hob- use it as a free standing hob or install it in your kitchen as an in-built hob.
The unit looks very sleek and stylish with the glossy black appearance, has auto-ignition feature, toughened glass cover and rustproof pan holders which ensures its durability. Moreover, all these features come under a very reasonable price making it a great choice for people who have budget issues. Also, the unit is backed up by the 1-year warranty. The only downside of the product is the glass top cover which is prone to stain marks. But under this price range, it is negligible.
- The glossy black finish looks stylish
- The toughened glass on top
- 3 different sized burners to prepare versatile food recipes
- Can be used as free standing or built-in hob
- Cleaning underneath the burners are difficult, the silver colour gets dirty very easily.
- The glass top is prone to stains and marks.
Sunflame is serving Indian kitchen for more than three decades now. Our next product from the brand is a great choice for the Indian consumers who want a sturdy, efficient yet budget-friendly hob to match their modern kitchen.
Four highly efficient brass burners are specially designed for big Indian families to cook a large amount of dishes at a time. They are tough, produces a good amount of heat and ensures a long life span.
The hob looks pretty sleek and elegant with black tempered glass on top. The toughened glass top is heat and scratch resistant and the stainproof nature allows you to clean the spillages with one wipe at one go. The pan supporters with special coating prevent chipping off and the stainless steel drip trays last for ages without forming rust
It is fuel efficient thereby saving a lot on your monthly gas bills. The high-quality burners produce more heat compared to TRB burners or other alloy burners but the LPG consumption is much lesser.
- 4 brass burners- 2 medium sized and one big and one small sized burner allows cooking 4 items at a time
- Futuristic knobs- stylishly designed knobs with smooth operations
- Euro coated pan support- prevents chipping of and provides care
- Stainless steel base- non-magnetic high-grade stainless steel base with an elegant matt finish
- Dimensions- compact body with 780 mm x 580 mm x 190 mm dimensions
The unit looks pretty good with the design and black tempered glass on top. The burners give more heat consuming less LPG, moreover, 4 burners can make your food ready in 1/4th of the time taken making it a great option to opt for people with big families or those who have frequent guests visits at home. Considering its negative sides like auto ignition and high flames at sim mode it’s a very good choice for those with a strict budget.
- Four gas burners for faster cooking
- Strong and sturdy build-quality
- Toughened glass body
- Easy to clean and maintain
- 2 years of warranty as per Sunflame
- High flames at sim mode
- Manual ignition.
Coming from the house of Bosch, the brand which is trusted by millions of customers worldwide, the hob will surely be a great addition to your home and kitchen.
Bosch PGC6B5B80I is a smaller edition of B560I which had 4 burners. The smaller up-gradation includes three variable sized aluminium burners which are of superior quality and works far better from other domestic gas burners.
Unlike the conventional rectangular hobs, Bosch features a square shape to utilize more kitchen space. The whole body is made up of stainless steel which has a glossy finish to complement your kitchen’s appearance and coated with anti-corrosive layer to last for decades. The black knobs on the top with auto-ignition system light up the flame as you twist it.
The pan supporters with extra loops and rings make it very stable and provide extra space for the big cooking drums and pots. Bosch has gone one step further in introducing the flame failure device to it, which automatically stops the flammable gas from going to the burners when the flame is extinguished
- 3 different power burners- Large wok burner with 3300-watt power, Economy burner with 1000 W power and rear right burner with 3000 W power ( depending on the gas type).
- Heavy stainless steel body- the whole body is made up of high-end stainless steel which lasts for years without forming rust, stain and scratch.
- Auto-ignition- no use of lighter or matches.
- Dimensions- 45 x 582 x 520 mm
There is nothing particularly bad about Bosch hob apart from its expensive price tag which we think is slightly overpriced. You can opt for Bosch anytime keeping in mind you cannot use it as a free standing hob.
- Solid steel body
- Space-saving square shape
- High power burners
- Flame failure device
- 2 years of warranty from Bosch
- Expensive kitchen hob
- Cannot be used as a free standing cooktop
- Utensil holder could be of better quality
If you are looking for big size, elegant hob with 3 burners then we another option from the house of Hindware, a driving kitchen appliances and cookware manufacturing brand in India.
It features 3 solid brass burners on a black toughened glass top. The glass body has a sleek and glossy appearance which feels smooth when touched and makes cleaning of spills and spillages easy and hassle-free. It is extremely durable and scratch resistant and ensures a long life span of its overall look. The knobs are silver ZAMAC knobs which gives it a good colour contrast on a black background.
The high power brass burners are specially made for cooking Indian dishes and come with a 1.5 V DC battery operated auto-ignition feature. The pan supporters are made of high-quality cast iron to give them extra stability and grip while cooking.
- 3 powerful burners- one triple ring, one mini Triple Ring and one Auxiliary burner
- Spacious design- 780*450*130 for adjusting large pans and pots
- Auto-ignition- battery operated auto-ignition
- Pleasant looks- jet black body for a seek and smart appearance of the kitchen
Everything is pretty much impressive about the product. It has 2 triple ring brass burners, cast iron pan support, auto-ignition and the design is also very appealing. What we think as a drawback is the price range, which is slightly overpriced. There could be some advanced features like flame failure device under this price range.
- Spaciously designed
- Sleek appearance
- 3 powerful brass burners
- 1-year comprehensive warranty on the product
- Cannot be used as a free-standing hob
With the world’s slimmest cooktop design, Prestige has made its place on the 7th position of India’s best kitchen hobs list.
With black and grey toughened glass body the kitchen hob adds a hit of sophistication to your modern kitchen. It features easy set up with dual functionality i.e. use it as a free standing stove or an in-built hob as per your convenience.
The hob top has 3 imported burners from Sabaf, an Italian brand famous for making household cooking appliances, which are exceptionally designed for preparing Indian dishes. They produce uniform heat and provide better cooking result using less amount of gas.
Using high-quality cast iron pan supporters ensures durability and stability for holding cooking pan and pots. Like any other advanced hob it also features auto-ignition facility. The continuous spark technology flames the stove instantly as you twist the knob for a smooth and safe ignition.
The auto-ignition may cause some difficulties in the long run also the glass quality could have been better. Overall, we are pleased with the product, it has a very slim body to fit perfectly with your modular kitchen and the two tone colour, grey and black makes it stand out from other hobs in the list.
- 3 Sabaf burners- imported Italian burners ensure uniform heating and lesser gas consumption.
- Ultra Slim Design- world’s slimmest design for greater aesthetics
- Toughened Schott Glass- German made glass with dual colour tone makes it look rich.
- Auto-ignition- automated ignition with continuous spark technology.
- Ultra Slim design
- Can be used as a gas stove or a hob
- Sabaf burners
- Toughened Schott glass
- Auto-ignition may become defective in some models
- Poor customer service from Prestige
- Glass quality is not up to the mark
Buying Guide for Kitchen Hob
It is true that no appliance can replace a gas hob, not even microwave, ovens and insulation stove. So, are you planning to buy a burner for your kitchen? You have to keep some things prior to buying it. Before you purchase a kitchen hob, you need to consider the factors like size, hob types, type of surface, pan support, burners, and more advanced features like timers and alarm settings to get notified when cooking is done. This will help you assess your requirements better so that you can buy it without any confusions of any sort. Let’s us discuss each feature of kitchen hob in details in this guide.
1. Types Of Hobs
The first thing you need to know about is the types of hobs available in the market. It will let you decide the right choice as per your requirement. Here is the list of 2 different types of gas burners or kitchen hobs. Have a look at the specific type and application in detail!
a) Gas Hobs:
Gas hob will be the first choice for most of the people in India, for a variety of reasons like the perfect control, instant heat and a more responsive nature when compared with other hob types. They have mains with the button ignition feature to turn the hob on/off. They can easily be removed for cleaning purpose and also controlling them is very easy.
My best suggestion is to go for a hob that comes with a variety of burners for cooking tasty recipes at one go. As each burner type is suitable for different types of cooking. Getting a gas hob doesn’t make your days blissful unless you don’t install the hob properly.
* Gas on Glass Hobs
Are you fed up by cleaning the steel gas hobs? And looking for something new, stylish and comfortable hob? Then this gas on glass hobs is for you.
In gas on glass kitchen hobs, burners are mounted on the top of the glass, making the surface smooth and easy to clean. Burners get heated up very slowly but still, you get the required heat and control just like a normal hob.
If you opt for this model, make sure you get a toughened glass material that lasts for years and also comes with a warranty at an affordable price range.
b) Electric Hobs:
In electric hobs, the heating system is placed beneath the strong ceramic glass. They’ve come with the safety features to protect the top-layered ceramic glass from overheating. This stylish design integrated heating device can be used for cooking, baking and are very easy to maintain. Actually, there are 3 different types of electric hobs- solid plate, ceramic and induction.
- Solid plate hobs:
Solid plate hobs add a great value if you’re on a limited budget range. They consume more energy than other electric hob types that covers the heating element, which increases the time taken to heat up the hob, and also it cools down the hob, eventually, it makes the controlling the heat, a difficult task.
- Ceramic hobs:
This type of hob is placed below the ceramic glass surface. They come with a safety device that prevents the ceramic glass from overheating. They look ultra stylish, easy to clean and are more expensive than other types of gas hobs. The problem with this type of hob is that controlling the heat of the hob is a difficult task. We can find pattern zones on the ceramic surface which indicates the location and size of the heat source
- Induction hobs:
Induction hobs are very safe to use and are energy efficient that works by heating the pan. Compared to other kitchen hobs these are very expensive hobs which performs the tasks very quickly by consuming very less power.
The induction hob gets activated only when the pan is heated through iron-based magnetic type- spiral copper coil beneath the glass surface. When the pan is removed from the hob, it cools down very quickly and thereby reducing the risk of skin burns.
As there is a huge demand in the market, check whether it matches with your requirements like-fast cooking by consuming very less power.
2. Size of the Hob:
It is the most important parameter to consider when choosing the hobs since we can choose the right hob, according to the space we have in our kitchen. They are available in different sizes, ranges in size from 60-90 cm, but the most preferred size is 60 cm.
However, if you have a large family or have frequent guests visits, you may want to consider getting a big size hob with multiple burners of atleast 3 or more
3. Consider number of burners
Most of the hob comes either with three burners or four with different flame power.
- Four burners or less – unless you are serving a big batch or make foods in large quantities you will be comfortable using 4 or less number of burner hobs.
- Five burners- large hobs with five burners usually have 4 smaller burners on each corner and one larger known as WOK burner in the middle. However, having 5 burners doesn’t allow you to cook 5 dishes at a time, the space provided mostly become too short to adjust 5 pans and pot. But an extra burner in the middle does give you more space than the 4 burner hobs.
4. Consider type for burners
There are mainly there types of burners they are single corona, double corona and triple corona. Double and triple corona burners are also known as WOK burners.
- Single Corona– with one ring of flames generally used for low heat cooking. They are skimmer, rapid and semi-rapid.
- Double corona– WOK burners with double corona has two rings of flames, one outer and other concentrated towards the centre
- Triple corona– WOK burners with triple burners gives three rings of flame, one outer ring with flames going outwards, middle ring inwards and one central ring for even distribution of heat.
Their burning powers are-
- WOK burners- 3.5-4.5 KW
- Semi rapid or standard burners– 1.65-1.75 KW
- Auxiliary or Economy burners– they produce very less heat and are very economical with less than 1KW power
5. Hob surface:
This can be easily cleaned and maintained. Most of our kitchen hobs surface either come with a stainless steel or tempered glass which offer good resistance to corrosion, temperature and scratch.
6. Ignition Feature:
Most of the hobs are embedded with automatic ignition, by which we can ignite the burner by the pressing the knob. The auto ignition that is connected to electric source works with a chord of the hobs. Some types of hobs are provided with a battery, for auto-ignition.
7. Pan supports:
These are made using the cast iron and is coated with enamel to prevent any kind of chipping or rust that might form because of enamel. Hobs come with pan supports to allow us in placing the pan on the burner and also to prevent from wobbling. They can be easily cleaned and detached than bare stainless steel.
Controls are very important in running the hobs, and they usually come in a variety of designs and shapes. Knobs of the hobs are used to control the fame. Most of the Hobs come with the knobs that are either placed up front or on the right side. Knobs with rubber gaskets are used to prevent the seeping of the water.
Most of the kitchen hobs come with a built-in flame guard that cuts the gas supply completely if the flame extinguishes. This helps in preventing gas leakage and also to prevent accidents.
If you’re unware of installing an electric or gas kitchen hob, then approach a professional for installing the device. Also, the space provided in the kitchen should be very convenient to move and always ensure a safe distance from the heat.
9. Enough Space to Cook
Check whether the burners are placed at a distance in a convenient location. Else, the flame may not reach the containers properly and results in poor cooking experience. Many of the brands tried to incorporate more than 3 burners which later became a faulty concept.
However, some popular brands tried very hard and get succeeded by getting 4 in 1 concept by placing all at an equal distance.
10. Easy to Clean Burners
As the kitchen hobs come in a soft and sturdy design, they’re very easy to clean and maintain. Once you purchase the kitchen hobs, make sure you clean with liquid soap and water once in every week. It makes the hob look shiny and also set free from contaminated food particles, dust, rust etc.
Performance is the utmost important factor for any product and is similar to the kitchen hobs. Always prefer to use high-end models that have prolonged usage without any disturbances.
If you go with the basic or poor performance kitchen hobs, then we may not expect the performance and lifespan and also the warranty period is limited. And you cannot replace it with a new one by arguing with the product manufacturer.
12. Quality of the material
As we know that there are different types of kitchen hobs that are made with different materials like glass, steel etc. However, hobs that are made with strong and fine quality materials should be your choice. Otherwise, they may breakdown very quickly and you need to invest more on repairs.
13. Price and Manufacturer’s warranty
Finally, we end up the buying guide with the price and the manufacturer’s warranty. Price is the least important factor when your preference is to get a high quality kitchen hobs. Higher the price, the more features you get and also delivers outstanding performance.
But it is up to an individual to purchase the kitchen hob according to his requirements- high or low budget. Also, look for the brand reputation and warranty details that will let you interact with the manufacturer within the specified time, when there is damage to the product.
14. Some Exciting Features of Kitchen Hobs
Given below are some of the smart features that you may find recently in both the kitchen hobs-electric and the gas. Only a few are available for a certain type depending on their usage and the building design. Choose the best cooking hob that holds any of the following exciting features.
- Child Safety Control Lock
As young children are very curious about new things and are unaware of dangerous elements. There is in need to protect the children from altering the hob settings. So the hob with child safety control lock uses a touch control mechanism to lock the stove settings from being misused.
- Removable Control Knobs
A removable control knob is a rotary control knob that controls the knob by providing input. For instance, it may not produce variations in the flame of gas hob unless you change the position of the knob to low-medium-high levels.
- Flame Failure Protection
Flame failure technology protects the flammable gas from entering the burner. There can be many causes for the flame failure like an interruption of gas supply, over spillage of liquids on burners, faulty chimney etc.
Its working is such that an electromagnetic coil within the valve holds the device and shut off when there is a gas leakage, thereby protecting you from dangerous attacks.
- Overspill Protection
Overspill protection feature helps to detect when the liquid spills over the burner and immediately turns the power off. This kind of feature is mostly seen in electric stoves than the traditional models. It is suitable for moms who’re always busy in doing domestic work and ignores what is kept on stoves.
- Timer Setting
Timer is an added feature for the kitchen hobs. You just need to set the time say 15 or 20minutes and then the hob will switch off the automatically. Simply set the time and do whatever you want as it will turn off the hob when cooking is done. Make sure you set the appropriate time for coking, else you may find the food flavourless.
- Power Booster
A power booster is usually found in electric stoves that increases the power in 1 or 2 rings for quick boiling and simultaneously it reduces the power usage when in no use.
With this auto-shutoff feature, the hob turns the power off when the cooking is done.
Simple Tips and Precautions for Using Kitchen Hobs
So far, you came to which kitchen hob to buy. Now, let us see some of the useful tips and precautions that everyone must take care of while installing, using or cleaning a kitchen hob.
- Turn gas stove upside down & fit the rubber grommets into place.
- When lighting the burner, open the gas valve and turn on the relevant knob.
- Do not let your children play with the kitchen hobs or other items while cooking.
- Never tilt the cylinder horizontally when you’re cooking something on the hobs.
- Before removing a dish or container from the burner, switch off the appropriate knob.
- If you’re prone to allergies or other infections, wear safety gloves to protect your hands.
- Always hold the vessels using the handles as you may get burned to due to high temperature.
- While shutting off the burner, close the regulating valve and then turn off the stove knob.
- Always prefer to clean the kitchen hob burners using a soap (or liquid washer) and water.
- Do not place boxes, plastic dishes or items other than cooking pots on the top of stove burners.
- Always close the cylinder valve using dust caps when the kitchen hob is not in use.
- In case of any difficulty, do not hesitate to contact the servicing authorities for necessary action.
- After cleaning, keep the hob in sunlight for 15-20 minutes to become dry and get free from grease, dust particles and other food items.
- Don’t allow food to boil over. This could put out the flame, while still leaving the gas on, which increases the potential for a fire or explosion.
- Remove all parts of the burner and cooktop. Soak them in a hot water with dish soap while cleaning the burner surfaces.
Some Frequently Asked Questions:
Generally, the hobs are available from 60 cms to 90 cms, but the most preferred size is 60 cms. It is pretty much suitable for a family consisting of 4-6 members to cook a variety of dishes. But, mostly the size of the kitchen hob depends upon the space in your kitchen, burners, a number of persons in a family to cook food etc.
Kitchen hob is a projection that holds utensils or containers to keep them warm for cooking purpose. They use more electricity as they’re equipped with built-in kitchen slabs. And may take more time to cook. Whereas gas stove uses flammable gas as a fuel for the device to cook tasty and delicious foods within less time.
Auto ignition gas stove works by turning the knob at an angle where the burners ignite via battery or electricity. Now-a-days, modern gas stoves and built-in hobs have the auto-ignition feature that comes in a stylish and strong design for the smooth functioning of the device.
Yes, it is recommended to buy a hob that comes with auto ignition feature, which helps to ignite the burners for cooking tasty recipes and also saves time and effort. Whereas for traditional gas stoves, lighter is used to ignite the burners.
Fortunately, yes. Induction cook tops are very safe to use as they use electromagnetic field induction to prepare the food. But, you must be careful when you try to cook the food at high temperatures or say wattage as it may result in burns, and also blows you (shocks).
On an average, the life expectancy of a kitchen hob is about 4-5 years. However, it may vary depending upon the usage and the several other factors like proper installation, effective cleaning, servicing etc. If you don’t maintain the kitchen hob properly then the average life of hob may reduce to 1-2 years.
Induction hob will be the wise choice than a ceramic hob. Because the ceramic kitchen hob performs the activities like heating up very quickly of the entire cooking zone. However, induction hob heats the pan and not the hob which saves a lot of time and energy.
Before you install a hob in the kitchen, take out all the necessary tools and types of equipment including the guide. Do follow the instructions given in the manual to set up the device effortlessly. Here are the few steps that everyone must do follow while installing a kitchen hob.
1. Firstly, fix necessary screws at 4 corners of the hob along with the gas suction pointer tightly.
2. Now take it to the desired location you want the hob to be and accordingly adjust the other kitchen appliances.
3. Takeout the strong pipe (made with rubber + copper) and connect it to the stove and cylinder carefully. Do not let the children do it.
4. After setting up the device, turn on the valve and check whether it is working properly or not.
5. Thus the installation of a hob is done and now you can cook your favourite recipes.
Cleaning is an important aspect of any kitchen item as it will not spoil the food and also keeps you strong and healthy. To retain the hobs in the kitchen – hygienic condition, you can follow any of the methods given below.
i) In the first method, apply a cleaning fluid on the hob, and let the fluid to sink in, but don’t let it dry completely. And then use a microfiber cloth or sponge to clean the hob.
ii) Rub on the surface of a hob with a white vinegar solution and immediately clean with a damp cloth for shining effect.
Few Words to Conclude
We’ve come to the end of an article. Which one you prefer the most? Brand or Performance? Auto-ignition or No. of Burners?
So before you wish to purchase kitchen hobs for a home that lasts for a long time, you need to consider the several factors like no of burners, auto-ignition feature, flame protection, material quality and finally the price.
Our top recommendation is the highly potent Elica Three Brass Burner Cooktop Hob.
Kitchen is usually a small place with a lot of space crunches and keeping this in mind they have come up with a compact design. It is one of the best kitchen hobs in India because of its superior performance, excellent feature and reliable brand name. This hob features an ultra slim floating design and heavy brass burners that helps to cook varieties of dishes. And the cast iron support helps the utensils to get the proper support and prevents rust formation.
So, which one you prefer the most? Brand or Performance? Auto-ignition or No. of Burners?
If you’ve any doubts or queries regarding kitchen hobs, let us know in the comment section given below. We’re very happy to clarify your doubts as soon as possible…