Gas stoves are the most common appliance (like back bone) of a kitchen.
While purchasing a gas stove, first thing to consider is – number of burners you require. This depends on your family size and number of dishes you have to cook at peak hours (like in the mornings).
Basically, there are four types of gas stove burners in the Indian market.
- 4 Burner Gas Stove – Best suited for medium to large families (like more than 5 members).
- 3 Burner Gas Stove – Best suited for a family having 4 – 5 members
- 2 Burner Gas Stove – suitable for small families with 2 – 3 members
- 1 Burner Gas Stove – perfect for bachelors and individuals
Apart from that, burner material also plays a vital role. Most of the burners are made up of either brass or aluminum. Among them, brass material is the best – as they distribute heat evenly to cook the food quickly, thus saving the gas. And moreover, they are weather and corrosion resistant.
Some modern gas stoves have auto-ignition – which is safe and convenient to use. However, they are a bit expensive (ranging between Rs 5000 to Rs 10000).
For more information on other factors to consider while purchasing, read our “Gas Stove Buying Guide”. Based on the same details, we have shortlisted best gas stoves in India.
Top 7 Best Gas Stoves in India
|Gas Stoves||Number of Burners||Warranty||Buy Now|
|Elica 3 Burners Gas Stove||3||2 years||Check On Amazon|
|Pigeon 4 Burners Gas Stoves||4||2 years||Check On Amazon|
|Butterfly 3 Burners Gas Stove||3||1 year||Check On Amazon|
|Milton 3 Burners Gas Stoves||3||1 year||Check On Amazon|
|Sunflame 2 High End Brass Burners Gas Stove||2||2 years||Check On Amazon|
|Life Long 3 Burners Gas Stove||3||1 year||Check On Amazon|
|Prestige 3 Burners Gas Stove||3||2 years||Check On Amazon|
Best Gas Stove in India Reviews
This gas stove is from the Italian brand, Elica. The MNC was established in the year 1970, and within less than 50 years, it has taken one of the leading positions worldwide in manufacturing gas stoves, chimneys, and other kitchen equipments.
The product rules this list because of its sleek black outlook, durability, and value for money apart from the brand worth of Elica. It has thousands of happy customers who have fallen in love with this gas stove after purchasing it.
This product by Elica features 3 durable brass burners with manual ignition method. Each of the burners produces a superb and evenly distributed flame. 2 burners are large enough to accommodate standard size utensils. However, the middle burner is for small vessels.
You will get 2 years of warranty with this Elica gas stove. Within this period, the company will provide services or replacements if anything goes wrong owing to daily usage. However, the warranty does not cover breakage or damage by accidents caused by you.
- Durability: The ‘euro care grip supports have a durable finish to ensure performance. They are well-designed that keep the pots and pans well in lace. The knobs of this stove are ergonomically designed for smooth operation. The glass top sits well and does not shake while cooking.
- Brass burner for heat retention: High quality brass burners for better longevity and heat retention. It is resistant to corrosion and also to regular wear and tear.
- Design and Looks: It is terrific in terms of looks. It has a rust-resistant black body with a layer of toughened glass. Also, there are stainless steel support plates just underneath the glass for support and sturdiness.
- Superb look
- Even flame distribution
- easy to clean
- Ensures safety
- 2 years warranty
- Cannot accommodate three large utensils at the same time.
Stovekraft is one of the largest stove manufacturing companies in India. And when we think of kitchen-appliances, one of the first names that pop up in our mind is ‘Pigeon by Stovekraft.’
This particular product is pretty much within an average man’s budget. What’s best is, it has 4 burners. Something that you will not get in this range with other brands! These high-quality burners are made of brass, which makes them durable. The distance between all the burners is standard, and you can fit 4 medium-sized utensils at once. It is priced a bit higher than out topper in the list and that is why it has taken the second place. Other than that, there aren’t any shortcomings when compared to Elica.
A gas stove is nothing if it does not produce the proper magnitude of flame that can be controlled with the knobs. This particular stove produces enough flame to hasten the cooking process if you put it on high while you are in a hurry. You can as well put the flame at sim and slow cook a delectable meal for your family.
The body is of stainless steel. It is durable, rust-resistant, easy-to-clean, and comes with 2 years of warranty. Apart from the metal-holders, it also incorporates four pieces of drip trays. This is to ensure that your kitchen remains clean even when you make a careless faux pass. The stainless-steel surface is layered with heat-resistant toughened glass in black, which can withstand, heat, weight, and day-to-day usage for years.
Anti-Skid Design- Stoves that tend to skid, create a hassle while cooking. Not only are thy bothersome, but dangerous too. The legs of this stove are made of rubber that lets you cook comfortably, as they do not skid.
- Unbreakable Knobs- The knobs are made with solid plastic and are unbreakable. It is something that speaks of the high-quality of Pigeon gas stoves.
- Unique Pan Support Design- A wobbly cauldron can make even an expert chef nervous. Keeping this problem in mind, Pigeon has come up with a unique pan support design to give a proper grip.
- Stainless steel body
- Toughened glass
- 2 years warranty
- Easy to Clean
- Flame is good
- Durable brass burner
- Stand height is a bit low
Butterfly is a prominent brand supplying premium quality kitchen appliances across India since the year 1950.
Its smart glass burner gas stove has three quality burners ranging from small to large adhering to your regulated cooking requirements.
It is designed with several features making it stand out as the best in the market. The stove comes with a smart lock on each burner to hold the utensil during the whole cooking process. With this feature, you can say goodbye to spillage or efforts to hold the utensil.
Along with the locks, every burner comes with a spill tray to minimize your cleaning work. These trays are made of stainless steel which means they don’t get rust or need any maintenance except for time-to-time cleaning of any spillage.
The stove panel is very sturdy and is completely flame retardant. It means you can prepare time-taking dishes without worrying about any damages due to heat.
To enhance the stove efficiency, its pan stands are given a powder coating. This keeps the stove free of scratches, and highly non-reactive resulting in great longevity.
Things We Liked:
- Heat-resistant legs
- Heat-efficient brass burners
- 360-degree revolving nozzle
- Designer knobs
- Uniquely designed pan support
- High thermal efficiency
- Unique-toughened glass
- Spill-proof design
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Quality of product needs to be given extra care
Milton has become a household name by supplying top-notch homeware products for more than 50 years. It is not an exaggeration to say it played a pivotal role in revolutionizing the Indian cooking style.
Milton’s 3 burner premium gas stove comes with an ISI certificate ensuring proven top quality. Its three burners are made of tri pin brass which is highly heat-efficient and the colourful glass surrounding the burners is of 7mm thickness and is completely shatterproof.
The body of the stove is made of elegant mild steel which ensures the stove’s good-looking for a long period of time. The mild steel frame only requires wet cloth wiping for cleaning purposes.
While cooking, the thick pan supports give stability to your utensils reducing any kind of wobbling. These pan supports are given a powder coating to increase their durability and the stove’s performance.
The wide bakelite knobs are fully heatproof and are ergonomically designed ensuring smooth operations.
Things We Liked:
- ISI certified product
- Shatterproof colour designed glass
- Tri pin brass burner
- Wide bakelite knobs
- Powder-coated sheet steel pan supports
- Mild steel (MS) body frame
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Warranty is not mentioned
Over 30 years, Sunflame is a brand that is offering reliable home kitchen appliances like gas stoves, cookers, chimneys and standard customer support services.
Compared to other branded models, it comes at very low-price so anyone can buy the gas stove without having a thought. Hence it is considered as the best budget gas stove in India 2018.
With strong flaming burners and strong support, you not only enjoy the cooking experience but also finish it quickly. It comes with 2 high end brass burners which make perfect for bachelors and small families to cook 2 different foods at a time.
This LPG gas stove is extremely durable and last longer as it consumes the gas (energy fuel) in small quantities. The thick pan supports on the burner are euro coated to prevent color from chipping off. Toughened glass is made of heat and break resistant materials which helps to clean and maintain easily.
Knobs can be operated smoothly, effortlessly with an ease. Apart from being break and heat resistant, Sunflame gas stove is also stain and scratch proof which makes it easy to maintain. Apart from that, the manufacturer offers 2-years warranty on the product.
Things We Liked:
- Affordable price
- High-efficiency brass burners
- Euto-coated pan support
- Brushed matte finish stainless steel body and drip trays
- 2-year manufacturer warranty
- Heat, break, stain and scratch resistant
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Manual ignition
- 2 burners so not suitable for a large family
Second product from our list is from Lifelong brand which is a 3-year-old company which creates kitchen equipment that stand out in the market. It is one of the best gas stove brand in India 2018 that comes under 5,000.
This 3 burner gas stove will help you cook multiple dishes easily at-a-time with less effort. This table top gas stove is made of toughened and break-resistant glass which provides your kitchen with an elegant look and premium feel.
The lifelong gas stove incorporates ergonomically designed nylon control knobs with heat resistant covers to prevent against damaging and other heat issues. You can also connect gas pipe from backside to the stove for smooth and easy operation.
As it has heat resistant, it can support high temperatures on a day-to-day basis. Further, you can easily clean the gas hob, control knobs and sides using a wet cloth to deter food particles, stains, oil, and rust formation.
Burners are made of aluminum, brass materials and are surrounded by a thick pan support for gripping the kitchen hobs or other appliances to provide even heat distribution. Featuring anti-skid feet design minimizes the slippage of utensils while tossing, pressure cooking or others which occur while cooking.
The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty on the product. And if you don’t find the product to be defective then replace with new one within the specified time.
Things We Liked:
- Black toughened glass with 6mm thickness
- Stylish and ergonomic design
- 3 brass burners – suitable for 4 to 6 people.
- Heat resistant
- Easy to clean
- Thick pan supports
- Anti-skid feet
- 1-year warranty
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Not an auto-ignition
Prestige is yet another trusted Indian brand of kitchenware that is very popular in this country. It has made premium quality products since the beginning. If you want a sturdy stove that will last for years, this product fits the bill just right.
This gas stove features 3 tri-pin brass burners that ensure uniform heating and optimal utilization of gas. The individual pan support is scientifically designed to give pots and pans the support they need to stay in place.
These gas burners produce a strong flame, which will enable you to cook a three-course meal in no time!
This gas stove model by prestige looks sleek that holds a combination of black and white to blend in with the interiors of your kitchen seamlessly. It comes with thermal shock resistant Schott (German) toughened glass in dual shades. There is a warranty of 2 years on the product. However, the toughened glass has a warranty of a lifetime.
- Ergonomic knob design- The knobs are such that they make operating the stove easier. There is a red marking on each of them that will help you to understand whether it is on or off.
- Gas Valves- It comes with a gas valve that is imported from Italy. These valves ensure high-performance and hassle-free operation of the stoves.
- Sleek design
- Brass burners
- Thermal shock resistant glass
- Lifetime warranty on glass
- 2 years warranty on the product
- Strong flame
- Cleaning can take time
Important Factors to Consider before you buy a Gas Stove
A gas stove is like the heart of a Kitchen. It has always been inseparable from the Indian household. Be it every day evening snacks or a big fat Sunday lunch a gas stove can handle all Indian recipes.
Every homemaker wants the best gas stove in her kitchen and over the years, gas stoves from various brands are coming with new innovations, additional features and designs to match with a modular kitchen.
You might have asked yourself, “What things to look for in a gas stove?” The answer to that is simple. To find out the best gas stove you need to look for many things. The best gas stove will save your time, it will be safe and it will last you many years.
There are hundreds of gas stove models in India right now, so choosing the best among them according to your personal preferences can be quite a difficult task. Questions like, how many burners are sufficient? Do you need a glass top or stainless steel? Auto-ignition or manual ignition can actually confuse you.
So, to help you out with all your doubts, we have created an in-depth Gas Stove “Buying Guide” where you will get all the answers to your questions. We have also included customers’ FAQs. Be patient and don’t miss any points!
8 Things to Consider before you buy a Gas Stove
1. Number of Burners: Do you have a Small or a Big Family?
The number of burners is the prime factor to look in a gas stove. This number will depend on the headcount of your family members and how much you cook per day.
In India, you will find a stove with a maximum of 4 burners, while 2-3 burners are mostly preferred by an average Indian family. However, depending on your need you can choose among these 4 types-
- 4 Burner Gas Stove- for a family with more than 5 members
- 3 Burner Gas Stove- for an average-sized family of 4-5 members
- 2 Burner Gas Stove- for bachelors or small families with 2-3 members
- 1 Burner Gas Stove- They can be useful for individual users
Bottom Line: No type is better than the other; this will depend on your family needs. Keep in mind that a 4 burner gas stove will consume more gas than a 2 or 3 burner gas stove but they will save a lot more time, underlining, if you cook big meals daily. If you have a small family with 2-3 members, a 2 burner gas stove is sufficient for you and our advice is, don’t shed extra bucks on a 4 burner gas stove. Choose a 1 burner gas stove only if you have a tight budget or you are an occasional cooker.
2. Ignition Type: Manual and Automatic?
Today you have two different ignitions options – the manual-ignition and the auto-ignition. For manual ignition, you need a match stick or a lighter to ignite the gas. On the other hand, automatic ignition doesn’t need any matchstick or lighter. It has an in-built ignition option which works with a battery. This automatically sparks the gas as soon as you switch the stove on.
Auto-ignition is a more convenient and safer option than manual-ignition, for obvious reasons that they don’t need external fire source to switch on. Now there is a matter of concern- the price! Being more convenient to use, the auto-ignition stoves are costlier, require careful handling and cost more in case of repairing.
Bottom Line: Manual is the traditional method of ignition whereas the latest models of gas stoves, cooktops, and kitchen hobs are introducing auto-ignition. However, both types are useful and equally popular. You can choose any according to your budget and choice of preferences.
Note: If you choose auto-ignition, make sure to change the battery from time to time. In very rare cases, the battery may leak. This will not damage the stove but the auto-ignition may not work anymore. However, in that case, you can always switch to manual-ignition mode.
3. Burner Material: Affordable type or Durable type?
When you plan to buy a gas stove, you plan to use it for a while, so the material becomes a key factor to consider. Sturdiness, corrosion resistance, heat distribution of the stove is directly related to what material burner it uses. Usually, you will find two types of burners-
- Brass Burners– Brass is an excellent conductor of heat. They are alloy metals (a combination of two or more metals) and has a beautiful gold color. The major advantage of brass burners is they are corrosion resistant, and thus, they are more durable and perfect for both indoor and outdoor use. Their heat distribution is also even compared to other materials. However, you have to shed some extra bucks for all the added advantages.
- Aluminum Burners-Aluminum is another great conductor of heat but costs much lesser than brass. The major drawback of using aluminium burner is they are less resistant to corrosion; thereby, their lifespan is much shorter than the brass burners.
Bottom Line: We recommend brass burners for the regular users as they are more durable, weather-resistant, distributes heat evenly. One should choose aluminium only when the budget is a big constraint.
4. Design and Finish: Stylish and Expensive or Ordinary and Affordable?
Usually, gas stoves or cooktops have a steel or glass body. The stainless-steel ones look ordinary but are affordable while the glass tops look rich and stylish.
If you use a kitchen chimney or have a modular kitchen, you would prefer something stylish, and glass top finish looks the best. To match with your kitchen interiors, they have come up with stylish glass finish, shatterproof and spill-proof glass designs, aesthetically designed knobs and burners, bold colors and designs that match with your kitchen chimneys.
Bottom Line: While a glass top looks extremely rich and stylish, stainless steel is still durable and affordable. You can choose according to your budget and preferences. If you choose a glass top, make sure it is toughened glass to bear the heat and regular wear and tear. The best type available in the market is the toughened glass with an elegant black finish. Along with the design, the performance is also important.
5. Stove Size: How Much Space your Kitchen has?
Gas stoves come in different shapes and sizes. While some are big and rectangle, others are compact and square. The stove size will majorly depend on the numbers of burners it has. Do you have an idea of how much space your kitchen has? If not, then get the measurements done right now and then choose something that fits into that space. Stove dimensions are always mentioned in the product details.
If you have a large kitchen platform choose a flat large design that will match your style and also your requiems. On the other hand, when you have smaller kitchen areas, you will surely not like a crowded kitchen platform. Moreover, you require space to keep your essentials while cooking. So, it’s better to choose smaller models which are more compact.
Bottom Line: You know your kitchen space, and you are one who can tell what size goes best for your kitchen. Larger gas stoves with many burners are often used in restaurants and homes with larger kitchen space. If you have a smaller kitchen space, there is no other way than choosing a smaller sized stove. So, we suggest, don’t focus on the size too much. Big stoves or smaller stoves, as long as they have good quality burners, they will cook you delicious food.
6. Anti-skid Feet: Would you like your Stove moving while you Cook?
You don’t always cook rice and daal. Some dishes need heavy stirring, and some needs to apply pressure for smashing or squeezing while cooking. In those cases, do you want your gas stove to move and wobble while you are cooking? Sounds dangerous, right?
Look for anti-skid feet with rubber heels. This will keep the stove in its place without wobbling or making an annoying squeaking noise.
Bottom Line: Anti-skid feet firmly hold the stove in its place without moving. It works on any kitchen floor. It is important to ensure your safety while cooking. Almost all top gas stove brands of India offer this feature.
7. Price and Warranty: Secured Life of Your Stove
Your budget is the ultimate decider of everything. Some customers are less worried about the price while some others have a strict budget. For obvious reasons, lesser the price fewer the features, similarly more the features and aesthetics, higher the price and fasciitis. But that doesn’t mean you will use all the features that it will offer. And you probably don’t want to pay extra for the features that you will never use. However, a warranty is something that you must and must consider. It is true that gas stoves often require repayments, and if you are unlucky, chances are, it can stop working within a few days or months. A warranty becomes your peace of mind for another year or two.
Bottom Line: It’s better to decide a budget and then look for models that fall within your budget. Always look for models that offer at least 1 year of warranty on the product. All reputable brands have warranty details. Read it carefully and don’t miss any points. There might be cases where some parts are under warranty coverage and not the entire unit. Be careful about it, since they will charge you if you damage something which is not under warranty coverage.
8. Others: Small but Important
- Gas Savings: Burners that don’t make strong flames eventually consume more gas. A 4-burner gas stove will definitely consume a lot more gas than a regular 2-3 burner gas stove. Look for burners that give out strong and even flames.
- Space between Gas Burners: this is important if you are planning to buy a 3-4 burner gas stoves. Your stove should have enough space to adjust big cooking pots and kadhai side-by-side.
- Gas Pipe Inlet: Check whether you have appropriate gas inlet connection for your new stove or else you may have to change the actual positions which can become a big difficulty for any of us. It is advisable to look for a suitable gas stove instead of making any structural changes to your kitchen.
Why would you like to buy a Gas Stove?
The stove is a must for every household. We all know a stove is used for cooking. But are you aware of the modern gas stoves and their benefits? They have improved a lot from their ancestors, which uses kerosene or coal.
- They are easy to use– the conventional stoves use to take so much time and energy. But the newest gas stoves with features like auto-ignition, anti-skid feet have made the cooking experience fun and hassle-free.
- Saves your time: the latest gas stove has a maximum 3-4 burners. You can imagine with 4 burners you can prepare 4 dishes at a time.
- They Save Gas: the gas stoves with good quality burners can help you save gas. These burners produce powerful flames and distribute the heat evenly, which helps to quicken the cooking time.
- They look Stylish: they go hand in hand with your modular kitchen. The elegant glass top with black finish seamlessly blends with your kitchen interiors. If you like a steel finish, there are stylish models with a matt steel finish on the top.
- They are safe: a good Gas Stove from a reputable brand is ISI certified, which means they maintain all the safety standards required in a gas stove.
Safety Tips and Precautions to Consider While Using a Gas Stove
- It is better to be safe than sorry. Though cooking with gas stoves is much simple and safe than traditional ones, there are still some safety precautions to consider. We have mentioned them below for your convenience. Make sure to follow them while cooking.
- Never let your children to play in the kitchen while cooking is happening. And moreover never let them touch any hot utensils or gas stove.
- Before removing the hot utensil or dish from the burner, switch off the corresponding knob.
- If you are smelling gas leakage, then make sure the control knobs are turned off. Open all the windows. Don’t switch on the lights or fans before the gas smells vanishes off.
- If you are experiencing difficulty in connecting the stove to gas cylinder, then contact your gas dealer for help. Never connect the both if you are not sure as it can cause leakage.
- Never place plastic bowls, cardboard box or other non-cooking equipment on the burner.
- When the gas stove is not in use, then close the cylinder valve.
- Remove the burners and pan supports before cleaning. Soak them in hot water containing liquid soap.
- Avoid using flammable sprays, liquids and aerosols for cleaning a gas stove.
- After washing burners, allow them to dry under sunlight before placing them in its position.
- Never allow the food to heat or boil for a very long time as it can put out the flame which can increase the chances of explosion.
- Always follow the instructions and warning provided by the manufacturer. Thoroughly read the booklet and manual provided for safe handling.
- If you smell a gas leakage, never light cigarettes, stove or other flammable things. This can lead to severe and dangerous situations.
- When a burner is clogged, use a straight pin or opened paper clip to unclog each hole.
- Never line or cover the burners with foil as it can inhibit air flow to burners.
Frequently Asked Questions
Kitchen hobs are in-built means they seamlessly fit inside your kitchen Countertop while a gas stove is free-standing. Kitchen hobs are flat and look more stylish, and the stoves are the regular looking with four standing feet. However, they serve the same purpose of cooking and gas stoves have also become flatter with a gorgeous glass-finish and elegant black color.
The distance between the gas stove and the chimney is maintained universally. It should be less than 26-inch and more than 30-inch. No matter what type of cooking method you choose, i.e., cook-top, built-in hob the distance should be the same.
A good brand gives you warranty coverage and good customer services. There are several good brands that you can look for. Some of the brands that we like are-
Yes. The newest models of glass stoves are made with toughened glass, which has high endurance levels of heat and is very strong and durable.
Yes, of course. ISI mark is the assurance of safety. The gas stoves, which are ISI certified, are manufactured following the safety standards and guidelines. This mark guarantees maximum safety, and the majority of the good brands are ISI certified.
Buying online is not only safe but also beneficial. You get offers all the seasons, you don’t have to deal with bargaining if you receive a defective product you will get a replacement or full refund of the money which is not the case with offline retailers. To make sure that you buy genuine products go for Amazon Fulfilled sellers.
A stove knob is made of plastic or steel. If you have pulled the knob slightly off the post, you can put it back very easily. However, if it is broken, you need to replace it.
* Turn the stove knob towards the “Off” position.
* Push the knob steadily back into the knob post. Make sure it is in the same place as other knobs.
* If the knob is broken or damaged, pull it off from the stove. If you can’t remove it wrap a wire around it and pry it off.
* Align the grove of the new knob with the grove of the knob post.
* Push the new knob into the knob post until it comes at the same level as other knobs
Yes. A leak in the gas pipe can cause a disaster. So, check the pipes and also change them from time to time to ensure your safety.
Auto-ignition stoves have become popular ones now-a-days as they are much sturdy, portable and energy-efficient. The feature of auto-ignition doesn’t require any manual operations. Just by moving the control knob, the flame will automatically switch on. Though, they may be expensive, they are best suited for people who want smart technologies.
By considering the regular cooking wear and tear, the life expectancy of a gas stove can last from 5 – 10 years. However, this may also depend on the type of gas stove surface, burner material, cleaning, frequency of usage and others. If the gas stove is not properly maintained the performance of it automatically decreases and finally the lifespan as well.
When you lit the gas stove, the LPG gas present in the cylinder is utilized to create the flame in the burner. However, this easy cooking process has a little side effect – it emits small amounts of carbon monoxide. Though these amounts are a bit dangerous, you must be very careful, especially while cooking in enclosed areas. Proper ventilation is key to avoid exposure to carbon monoxide. Or else, you will experience suffocation, fire explosion or health issues.
The following are the most important factors everyone should know while purchasing a gas stove…
* Auto Vs manual ignition feature
* Burner material
* Number of burners
* Size of the gas stove
* Control knobs
* Price and warranty
It is not possible to imagine cooking without a gas stove. When compared to traditional/old method, cooking on gas stove is very simple and easy. You can complete your dishes within any hassle of burning your hands.
But, investing in stoves that perfectly matches with your home requirements can be tricky and bit difficult. You have to consider certain factors like family size, number of burners, burner distance and several others. If you are not aware of this information, then read our buying guide to make an informed decision.
As per our choice, Elica 3 Burners Gas Stoveis our top preference. It has all the important features required for best gas stove. Some of its features include euro-coated grid supports, toughened glass top, heavy brass burners and others. With some regular cleaning and maintenance, it will last long.
If you have any queries or doubts regarding gas stoves, share with us in the comment section given below. We’re happier to clarify your doubts as early as possible.