A grill pan is often called as a broiler pan or a griddle pan too. It is a frying pan that has multiple parallel ridges and is used for cooking various dishes with radiant heat over a stovetop.
Due to the lack of outdoor space, many people prefer using grill pans. However, you must not expect the same smoked or charred flavor that you get while cooking in the outdoor grill.
With the help of a good grill pan, you can enjoy various grilled versions of veggies, chicken, or meat. Consider the factors mentioned below before buying a grill pan.
Grill pans are made using different materials. Each of these materials offers different properties that are suitable for different types of cooking.
Most of the modern grilling pans are made using aluminum. These pans also feature a non-stick coating so that the food does not stick to the pan while cooking at high temperatures.
Some manufacturers even use cast iron to make grill pans as it is a strong and durable material. Cast iron pans can hold a high temperature to provide good-charred and tasty results.
Grill pans are available from 20 cm to 28 cm, depending on the model of the pan. You can select a size as per your requirements. If you live alone, you can buy a smaller pan or else you can opt for a bigger grill pan too.
Temperature rating, shape, and handles are some other factors that you should check for as well. Read the buying guide to know more about them.
We have shortlisted all the best grill pans that are available in the market. Checking this list can make your task very easy.
7 Best Grill Pans In India
|Grill Pans||Size||Warranty||Buy Now|
|Wonderchef Granite Grill Pan||24||2 years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|The Indus Grill Pan||25.4||---||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Cello Non Stick Grill Pan||24||1 years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Tosaa Square Non Stick Grill Pan||22.5 and 24||2 years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Attro Grill Pan||24||-||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Sumeet Nonstick Aluminium Grill Pan||22||-||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Bhagya Cast Iron Cookware||25.4||1 years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
7 Best Grill Pans In India Reviews
Wonderchef company offers top design induction and non-induction cookware that gives grand look to your kitchen, and advanced cookware makes your cooking experience worthy. From their kitchen shelf, they have introduced the WonderChef Granite Grill Pan, which is top-notch kitchenware in the grill pan category.
The grill pan uses to make the food crisp and taste better. While you are making the grill sandwich or toast, you do not want it to get a burn or stick to the pan. So, for that, you need the non-stick surface.
The non-stick surface made of granite finish is suitable for gas stove burner, or ceramic plate. Also, the pan plate is thin and helps the food to cook faster than usual. Even you can cook both veg and non-veg food on it. It also acts as a deep fryer.
Warranty: The Wonderchef provides you a 2-year warranty on the grill pan.
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean at the non-stick portion
- Highly durable
- Deep frying
- Value for money
- 2-year warranty
- Difficult to clean the bottom part of the pan
- After more use, the middle portion of the coating vanishes
Indus Valley is a kitchenware brand that manufactures efficient and trustworthy cookware products for Indian homes. Its grill pan is made of premium quality cast iron that is strong and highly durable. It can endure high heat and is best suited for slow-cooking Indian cuisines.
The pan is an excellent heat conductor. It gets hot real fast, distributes the heat evenly on its surface, and retains the high temperature for a long while. This helps you in saving so much on gas or electricity.
Your body will receive a good amount of essential iron by preparing in this top-quality iron grill pan. It is completely non-stick as it comes pre-seasoned with healthy edible oil.
You don’t have to put much effort into cleaning this pan. All you have to do is use some quality liquid soap and scrub with a soft scrubber. Wipe off the water with a dry towel and pour some oil for the next use before storing it in a dry place.
Warranty: Product warranty is not mentioned
- Convenient & trouble-free
- Ergonomic design
- Premium quality
- Prone rust in most cases
Cello company is an Indian Company that has been established in 1986 and provided such a long service in Thermoware and cookware for the kitchen. The company has launched its Non-stick grill pan square that has the most positive reviews from the customer.
The material of the pan is aluminum with a thick base, which provides an even cooking experience. The base is suitable for induction cooking or the stove burner as well. If you love eating grill food in less oil consumption, then this is for you. You do not have to buy outdoor grills that are inconvenient and occupies space at home.
The pan is highly conductive and efficient for cooking. Easy cooking tips for making grill food is to try with paneer kebabs, cheese sandwiches, wafers, fish, or a grilled burger.
It handles gives proper support for cooking.
Warranty: The cello company offers a 1-year warranty over the product.
- Easy to clean
- Lightweight which makes it easy to carry on trips as well
- High conductivity due to aluminum
- Value for money
- 1-year warranty
- Some users could not find the grill marks on the food
Tosaa is a Mumbai based Indian company that manufactures kitchenware, be it a pressure cooker, Tawa, tandoor, or Grill pan. One of its products is the Tosaa Square Non-stick Grill pan, which is your sizzling food partner.
The pan base is of aluminum material that provides high conductivity. The square shape of the pan gives you even cooking while making sandwiches. The grip of the grill is durable and marks the shape on the toast with perfection.
It is compatible with the gas stove burner. You can use this pan to replace it with your outdoor grills stove. You can cook seekh kabab, grilled, and cheese sandwiches. The non-stick coating on the pan does not allow any food particle to stick on it.
This type of grill pan comes in two sizes, which are 22.5 and 24 cm with different price ranges. It is easy to clean, and the handle is comfortable to hold as the pan is lightweight.
Warranty: The company gives you a 2-year warranty.
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
- Perfect non-stick coating
- Requires less oil to fry
- Comes with a wooden spatula
- Value for money
- 2-year warranty
- Rigorous use removes the coating of the pan
The brand Attro supplies the most reliable cookware products in amazing-to-look designs. Its non-stick grill pan is made of superior quality aluminum that is very sturdy and distributes heat evenly.
It comes with an ergonomic bakelite handle that protects your hand from heat and its comfortable grip helps you in carrying the pan effortlessly.
The grill pan is completely non-stick as it comes with a 3-layer Teflon coating that is free from residue. The pan requires little usage of oil hence cutting short oil consumption which results in better health in the long run.
To prevent oil deposition, it is advised to clean the pan with soapy water and a soft sponge scrubber.
Warranty: Is not mentioned
- Easy to clean
- Non-stick coated
- Aluminum material
- Ergonomic bakelite handles
- Marble grey colour
- Works only on gas stovetops
Sumeet is a trustworthy Indian company that has come out as a competitor for India’s most trusted brand. They focus on manufacturing revolutionary products, and one of them is its non-stick aluminum grill pan.
The non-stick grill pan made of aluminum covers the pan evenly. You can easily clean the pan as it is non-stick the food particles do not stick on it. It has a 4-layer coating. When you use it on the gas stove, it consumes only 40 % of the gas that saves time and money.
You can make veg or non-veg food like kababs, sandwiches, burgers that will get an imprint of the grill stripes on them. The pan has a handle made of insulating material, which prevents it from overheating and make it safe to carry.
The dimension is 22 cm from both ways and high-temperature resistance that enhances the life of the cookware.
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
- Easy to handle
- Comes with 4-layer coating
- Value for money
- Later the coating comes out
Bhagya is an Indian brand that supplies top-notch cookware made out of the best quality cast iron. Its grill pan is made of practical design which means it is neither too heavy nor too light. It is made of the right balance for easy handling and perfect heat retention.
It comes pre-seasoned with organic gingelly oil. It is ready to use as soon as you take it out of the box. Over time, when it has to be seasoned again, you can simply follow the tutorial available on the brand’s website.
We all are aware of the importance of iron in our bodies. Cooking on cast iron results in a good amount of iron intake. This iron grill pan gives you a consistent supply of iron for all the time it is used.
Warranty: Comes with a 1-year warranty
- 1-year warranty
- Comfortable handle
- Good thickness
- High induction
- High heat retention
- Cleaning can be hard
Best Grill Pan Buying Guide – What to Look for?
If you are planning to buy a grill pan for your home, here are some of the most important features that you should check for to buy the best one.
While buying cookware, checking the material that is used to make it is very important. As there are many options of materials available, you must know the characteristics of each one of them so that you can buy the best pan. Some of the common materials used to make are cast iron, aluminium and stainless steel.
Most of the aluminum pans have a non-stick coating on the inside and an enamel coating on the outside. The coating makes these pans easy to clean, tough, and resistant to staining or scratching.
Hard Anodized Aluminum:
Hard anodized aluminum grill pans are available in deep grey or black color. The pans are electrochemically treated to create a hard finish that is resistant to peeling and chipping. It does not even react with acidic foods. The pans heat up very quickly and are light in weight.
The cast iron grill pans have wider ridges. This helps in adding a flavorsome sear to the food. Even though the pans take some time to heat up, they retain heat for a long time.
Cast iron pans are either coated with enamel or are pre-seasoned. The seasoned interior of the pan is designed in a way to last for a long time. However, after some time, you might have to season it again. Enamel coating offers better release and is easy to clean.
Uncoated cast iron pans can rust easily and hence, you should season it regularly so that a protective layer is formed. It is recommended to hand-wash these pans.
Stainless steel alone is not considered as a good conductor of heat. Hence, either aluminum or copper is added to the base of the pan. The pan heats up quickly and is durable. Most of these pans are dishwasher safe too.
If you want to buy a stainless steel grill pan, one point that you must remember is it is very difficult to clean an uncoated stainless pan. While cooking, oil mostly scorches on the pan as well as between the ridges. You must buy a pan with a non-stick coating so that it is easy to clean it after cooking.
Size is another important factor that you should check for before buying a grill pan. The pans are available in a wide range of sizes. There are many options available, each designed for a certain type of usage. There are some compact grill pans that are suitable for basic home-usage. If you want to cook food in large quantities, you can buy a large pan.
Grill pans are available in sizes varying from 11-inch to 20-ich, depending on the model that you are going to buy. When compared, 20-inch grill pans offer more space so that you can cook multiple items at once.
3. Pan Shape:
Grill pans are either available in a circular shape or square shape. However, square grill pans offer more space for cooking even though dimensions are the same as circular pans.
While a 10-inch round grill pan offers a surface of 78.5 square inches, a square pan with the same dimensions offers a surface of 100 square inches.
The benefit of buying a square-shaped pan is it offers more surface area. This is helpful in cooking different dishes at once or while cooking for more members.
The handle of the grill pan should be quite long so that there is enough distance between your hands from the source of heat while grilling.
Longer handles are more preferable as they don’t get very hot. However, longer handles can add on to the total weight of the pan, especially while using heavier pans made using cast iron. In such cases, a helper handle that is available opposite to the long handle in the shape of a loop or a tab can be helpful while lifting them.
There are many types of grill handles that come with the pans and most of them are short. Thus, you must check the size of the handle before only.
5. Grill Press:
Some users prefer having proper and defined grill marks over the food so that it looks good visually and tastes better too. If you also prefer having grill marks, look for a pan that comes with a matching press. Even though you can get a good result without using the press, if you don’t want to take a chance, you must buy a pan with a matching press.
While grilling, there must be no oil or grease on the food. To ensure this, you must select a grill pan with deep ridges as the excess oil will drip from food and will be collected in ridges. Some pans even have a free drain and a few extra depressions to collect the unwanted oils.
You should select a pan with a lot of deep ridges to get the best grilling effects.
7. Heat Distribution:
While selecting a pan, you must choose a material that offers even heat distribution properties. This is helpful in getting rid of hot spots that are responsible for ruining the taste and texture of the food.
Due to hot spots, you will notice that some portions of the same food will be cooked properly whereas some portion will be semi-cooked. This can spoil the taste and the texture of the entire food.
Choosing a grill pan that is versatile is very helpful. You can use them on a stovetop, oven, or even induction cooktop. Some pans can be used for broiling as well.
There are some grill pans that can be used only on the stovetop. If you are planning to use the pan on only stovetop, you can buy such pans. However, choosing a versatile pan is great to be used in the long run.
9. Temperature Rating:
There are a lot of grill pans that can be used on either a stovetop or in the oven. If you want to use the grill pan in the oven, you must check the maximum temperature rating so that it is safe to use. Some of the options available are 350F or 500F temperature rating. The pans with a higher rating are considered as better options.
10. Other Features:
Some of the additional factors that you must check for are as follows:
- It is essential to buy a grill pan with a non-stick coating. A good non-stick coating makes it easier to wash the pan. The food looks defined and makes it a stress-free cooking and cleaning experience.
- Some grill pans are dishwasher compatible. Choosing such pans can be helpful to you.
- Avoid buying utensils that are made using harmful chemicals as they can seep in the food. This can be harmful to your health.
How to Use a Grill Pan?
It is suggested to use the grill pan at medium heat to get the best results. Following these steps can be helpful too:
- Turn the stove to medium flame and then place the pan over the grill pan. You can check the heat level by placing the hand a bit above the pan. The pan should heat up after five minutes. Before placing food over the pan for grilling, let the pan heat up properly first.
- Oiling – there is no requirement for oiling the pan while grilling pork, chicken, fish, or beef as their fats melt automatically while grilling. While cooking foods like vegetables, make sure that you don’t coat the pan with oil as it can cause smoke. Rather than oiling, you can spray oil to the vegetables to get the best results.
- The way you place food over the pan also plays an important role. You should lay them adjacent to the grill ridges if you want grill marks. Most of the grill pans don’t come with a cover. However, covering the pan with a lid can speed up the grilling process.
- After one side of the food is grilled properly, flip it to cook the other side.
How to Clean a Grill Pan?
To make sure that you can use the pan for a long time, it is very important to maintain and take care of the pan properly. Some maintenance tips that you can follow are mentioned below:
Non-stick or Enameled Grill Pan:
You should follow the following instructions while cleaning enameled grill pans. The enamel used in the pans is made by fusing melted glass particles into metal at high temperatures. Thus, it has glass-like properties.
- You must clean the pan only after it cools down completely.
- Use soap water (lukewarm) and sponge to clean the pan. Remove food particles and oil softly using your hands.
- If stubborn food particles have stuck to the surface of the pan, put some water to the pan and let it boil. After boiling, the hard food particle softens a bit. You can now wash the pan easily after it cools down.
- To scrub the pan, you can use nylon brushes. You must never use abrasive pads as they can damage the enamel coating.
- Some models of enameled grill pans are even dishwasher safe. You can buy them if you don’t want to hand wash the pan.
Uncoated Cast Iron Grill Pans:
If there is no coating on the grill pans, you must follow these cleaning instructions:
- You must use a sponge and hot water to clean the uncoated grill pan. Make sure that you don’t use soap water.
- Make a paste of water and kosher salt and rub it over the stuck food particles. You can use a sponge or nylon brush to rub this paste over the pan’s surface.
- Now rinse the pan with plain water and dry it using a towel.
- You must never leave the pan in water for a long time as it can lead to rusting.
- You should not wash an uncoated grill pan in the dishwasher.
- To avoid the build-up of oil or food particles, you should clean the bare grill pan before it cools down completely.
- You should never cook acidic foods in the bare grill pan. You should also not use soap or abrasive pads while cleaning the pan.
- While storing an enameled or non-stick grill pan, make sure that you store it in a cool and dry place. You can even place towels between grill pans or other utensils to prevent the coating from chipping.
Benefits Of Non-Stick Grill Pan
- The ridges of the pan drain the excess fat, which makes your food healthier and fat-free.
- Drain the excess oil using the spouts of the pan
- It is more nutritious because it grills the vegetables with low water content, which is a better option than frying or boiling.
- The pan uses less oil as a little amount of better is enough for the food to grill. It collects moisture of the food for perfect cooking.
- Cook at vacations
When you want to do the family gathering, you develop the platform to do outside cooking. And, the pan is best for that.
Drawbacks Of Non-Stick Grill Pan
- The taste of the Non-stick grill pan-cooked food is different as compared to the outside grilling.
- Non-veg food materials are difficult to cook.
- It creates a lot of smoke while cooking
- You require soft and proper cleaning of the surface
Frequently Asked Questions
We are what we eat. When you have a chance to prepare your own food why not make something that your body appreciates. Iron pans are proven to be helpful kitchenware for making your cooking easy and maintaining your good health.
We brought to you our top picks of grill pans that are easy to use and very economical. Our buying guide helps you understand the factors that are essential in a grill pan. If you are still wondering what suits you best, we would suggest Bhagya cast iron grill pan.
It has good heat retention and has the right balance for easy handling. It is ready to use right out of the box as it comes pre-seasoned. It has a one-year warranty and supplies a good amount of iron to your body on every use.
Make a wise decision by looking at the right place. Though we recommend one among others, all pans on this list are uniquely efficient. Go through the mentioned details and pick the best-suited pan.