The LCD screen televisions are an example of how televisions and their technologies have changed over the years. These TVs come with a kind of screen that uses a “liquid crystal” substance between the two layers of glass that makes up the TV screen.
If these glass layers break due to any kind of external factors, then the broken pieces of glass might get inside the layer of liquid crystal and give rise to many issues such as- Lines on the TV screen, Distorted colours, Double or Blurred Images, Odd colours, Abnormal Display, etc.
When these problems appear, there are a few basic steps to troubleshoot the problem all by yourself other than buying a new television altogether. We will be listing these problems below.
Try A Solution Based On The Issue You Are Experiencing:
1. Lines on the Screen
If you notice any kind of horizontal lines or vertical lines on your LCD screen, you can try the following steps:
- Switch off your LCD television and disconnect its power cord.
- Keep the LCD TV unplugged for at least 2 minutes.
- Plug the power cord back again and switch on the LCD TV and check if the problem has been solved.
If the problem remains unsolved, after following these steps, then you would have to contact the service centre of your product.
If there are lines on the Menu Screen, then try these steps to solve the issue:
- If there is any battery-operated or electrical device that can create interference in radio frequency, then switch it off.
- Try to plug the power cord to a different outlet.
2. Blurred Screen
If the screen of your LCD TV appears Dull, Blurry, or Hazy and if it persists even on your Home Screen, there might be an issue with your TV. You can try the following steps to solve this:
- Restart the LCD Television and check whether the problem is solved. Unplug the power cord and keep it that way for two minutes. Power it back again and check if the images are still blurry.
- Install the latest software if your LCD Television is connected to a stable and active Internet Connection.
- Clean the screen of your LCD TV.
If these steps do not solve the Blurred Screen issue, then surely contact the service centre of your product.
If the Menu Screen is not hazy or blurred, then the problem might be signal-related. You can try the following steps in such a situation:
- If your LCD Television uses the “Motionflow” function, then select “Off” or “Standard”.
- If you are playing videos or watching images from DVDs or VHS tapes, then there might be a problem with these devices.
- Follow the Instruction manual that is provided with the TV and restore your LCD TV to its factory settings.
3. Double Images
- The screen of your LCD Television might be displayed doubly if you are watching a non-3D show in the 3D mode. Disable the “3D mode”. To do this, press “3D” on your remote and then select “Off”. Check if the problem has been resolved.
- Disconnect the plug and then connect it back again to the main unit.
i) Turn off the LCD TV and pull out the power cord.
ii) Wait for two minutes and then put the power cord back in.
iii) Turn on the LCD Television and check if the issue has been solved.
If the problem is still there, you would perhaps need to get in touch with the service centre of the brand of your product.
4. Abnormal Display
The technology used in the making of LCD screen television is very modern and highly precise. This technology provides high-quality pictures and, the performance level is also high due to it.
This level of performance is reached only because the LED TV’s backlight settings are set to increase the brightness of the screen.
You will notice uneven and abnormal brightness if you view the TV in a very dark environment. It is a very normal problem, and there are certain steps to resolve the issue:
- Go to the “Picture Settings” menu and reduce the “Backlight Level”.
- In the “Picture Settings” menu, set the “Picture Mode” to “Standard”.
- Go to the Set-Up Menu and turn the “Light Sensor” to “On”.
- In the Set-up menu, change the “Power Saving” settings to “High” or “Low”.
The problem will be solved completely within a couple of hours.
5. Contrast Issues (Too Bright or Dark)
Sometimes the images or videos on your screen might appear so bright that there is no vibrancies in the images. Sometimes it might appear so dark that every image looks very gloomy. It is a very common problem with LCD TVs and, the solutions are also very simple.
To make changes to the Contrast Settings of your LCD TV, go to “Home”> “Settings”> “System Settings” or “Display”> “Picture”. You will be displayed with several options.
- You can change or lower the level of brightness in the “Brightness” option.
- You can adjust the Contrast of the pictures from the “Picture/Contrast” option.
- You can adjust the red as well as the green tone from the “Hue” option.
- You can make adjustments to the Saturation level from the “Color” option.
- From the “Reset” option, you can reset all the “Picture” settings to its default settings.
- From the “Backlight” option, you can adjust the luminance of the backlight and reduce the level of brightness to save on electricity bills.
6. Grey Screen
If you are watching a program on your LCD TV and suddenly the screen turns grey, then it is normal to get scared. But there are a few steps to solve the problem all by yourself. The steps are:
- Reset the power of your LCD television. To do this, you have to first switch off the television and then pull out the plug of the main unit. Wait for at least 60 seconds (1 minute) and then put the plug back in and switch off the LCD TV.
- If your LCD TV uses internet connectivity, then a software update can solve the issue very easily.
7. Odd Colours on the Screen
First of all, you have to check if this problem is occurring even on your Home screen. If it does, then there might be a problem with your TV. To solve the problem, follow these steps:
- If there are functions for resetting in your TV, then press on the “OPTIONS” button that you will find on your remote, select “Picture” and then select “Reset”.
- Now, restart your LCD TV. First, turn off the LCD television, pull out the power cord. Then, wait for at least 2 minutes. Put the plug back in and switch off the TV. Now check if the problem is still there.
- Keep the software of the TV updated, if the television has a stable and steady internet connection.
If the problem is not solved, contact the expert technicians of the service centre of your product.
8. Basic Checkpoints on Screen issues (Lines/ Blurred/ Odd Colours) from the Audio/ Video device
If you are experiencing any problem while connecting your LED Television to an Audio or Video device with the help of an HDMI cable or analog cable, then you can make use of these solutions to help solve the problem:
- Make sure that the cable is firmly and properly connected to the LED TV and the A/V device.
- Check if the TV’s input method is corresponding with the A/V device (eg: Blu-ray player).
- Replace the cable that you are currently using if you have an extra or spare cable and then check if the issue is persisting.
- Try to connect the main cable to a different input terminal of the LED TV to make sure if the input terminal is the main reason behind this problem.
- Connect a different A/V device to the TV. Your A/V device itself might be the problem.
9. Other Screen Issues
If the screen problem persists, then there might be other kinds of screen issues, which you might or might not be able to solve from the comfort of your home.
- You should always install the latest software for your LED TV if your television is connected to a stable as well as an active Internet connection.
- Dirty screen can easily be cleaned with the help of a dry cloth. Never rub the screen very hard or it might get damaged.
So, these are some of the most common LCD issues along with their solutions.
If we missed something, do let us know in the comments section below!