You will come across several inkjet printers at homes as well as offices. We can use the printer to print documents, ready to use pictures, forms, and any other thing that we want. Among the several types of printers present in the market, inkjets are considered to be the most popular. Low-cost price along with great print quality makes them very popular among people.
If you are wondering about buying an inkjet printer, then go through this article and know about them.
What is Inkjet Printer?
Inkjet printers are auxiliary devices that can be connected with the help of a cable or wirelessly. In the case of a printer it connects using a wire, they are usually attached to a computer. The computer sends the document or image that needs to be printed and the printer prints on a photo or bond paper.
In the case of wirelessly connected printers, you can use the printer from any device. But there is one condition. Both the printer and the device you are using should be connected with the same network.
All-in-one printers are another manner you can describe these printers. Along with printing, they are also capable of scanning and photocopy. Similar to a copy machine, you can scan and photocopy directly in the printer. You just need to keep the document that you want to scan or photocopy facing downwards on the glass area.
How Does An Inkjet Printer Work
You are quite familiar with inkjet printers. But have you ever wondered what is the working principle behind them?
The images that are created by inkjet printers are by spraying minute or small dots of ink in the paper.
- The print head moves to and fro as the paper go through the rollers. Like the pixels that form an image on the TV or mobile screen, the image is formed through several dots by the inkjet printers.
- The middle of the inkjet printer comprises several high-precision microscopic nozzles. These nozzles spray ink on the paper to form the image. The nozzles have a diameter of 10 micrometer which is equal to the diameter of 1/10th of your hair.
- The inkjet printer at your home comprises several thousand nozzles. Among the thousands of nozzles, hundreds of them are of the same color. This is to achieve consistency as well as uniformity of the volume of ink dropped on the paper.
- The diameters of the nozzles are made with acute precision to provide uniform color density on each page. The nozzles of each color are manufactured in a single step. This controls the relative position of the nozzles and delivers a clearer print.
- All the nozzles of the inkjet printer are placed on a carriage. This carriage moves at a high velocity. The velocity is usually more than 1 meter per second. The nozzles are kept at a height of 1mm above the paper. As they print they move to and fro from the paper.
- The ink ejects from the printer at a speed of 5 to 10 meters per second. It is sprayed from the nozzles by putting a pressure pulse. The fluid ink flows upwards towards the nozzles from the supply tube after applying pressure. Piezoelectric and thermal bubble are the two methods used to apply pressure.
In the past 30 years, inkjet printers have improved significantly. From printing 2 pages per min to more than 30 pages per minute. The resolution of the printer has also increased from 300dpi to 2400 dpi (dots per inch). The only thing that is holding back inkjet printers is its printhead.
The PageWide printhead may be a marvel of technology. These are factory-made victimization and equal photolithographic processes. These are familiar to make microprocessors in a thin plate. These plates are thinner than your hair. Every print head within the array overlaps the others by thirty nozzles on either side. This avoids any artifacts showing wherever the printheads join.
It combines with a brand new exactitude mechanism of paper-transport. This mechanism maintains a continuing speed for the paper beneath the print head and dampens any sidewise movement. They also use over three hundred star wheels- skinny metal gears that bite the paper with their points – to move the paper through the printer while not exploiting tracks within the ink. Finally, a developed pigment ink improves color definition, saturation, and clarity.
Together, a way for a brighter future is being paved by these enhancements for inlet technology. Nowadays, printers are faster, more versatile, and more capable than ever before.
This article provides you with a small description of inkjet printers. This article answers the basic questions like what is an inkjet printer, how does it works, and the latest technology behind it. Once you have understood how an inkjet printer functions, you can improve the efficiency of your printer, repair them, as well as, find the best cartridge for them. An inkjet printer along with the correct cartridges can print the texts and images of the best quality. Using the latest technology for inkjet printers can help you achieve wonderful results.