There are many people like you who like eating fresh bread rather than buying one. This gives them the freedom to choose the correct set of ingredients. You can make the perfect bread at home using the right bread maker machine.
All you have to do is add all the ingredients to it, set the program, and wait for around 90 minutes. Your home-made bread will be ready soon. The best part is it will be free from any preservative and will be cheaper than store-bought ones.
Check for these factors to select the bread maker that will suit your requirements.
Bread Maker Capacity:
The capacity of bread makers varies from 500 grams to 1200 grams. This comparison table can help you get an estimation of the capacity that you should consider.
|Bread Pan Size||No. Of Slices|
Bread Maker Type:
There are two types of bread makers available in the market, depending on the shape: vertical and horizontal bread maker.
If you wish to bake bakery-type or store-bought type loaves of bread, you can buy a horizontal bread maker that comes with two kneading blades. If not, you can opt for a vertical bread maker that is compact and quite affordable.
Pre-set Menu Options:
If you are a beginner, you can buy a basic model otherwise buy an advanced model with loads of options and extra features.
Delay timer, pan material, and quick baking are a few other factors that you should consider before buying a bread maker. We have explained them in detail in the buying guide below.
Along with this, we have also reviewed the 5 best bread makers available in India. Let’s check them out.
Best Bread Makers Available in India
|Best Bread Maker||Pre-Set Menu Options||Weight||Warranty||Buy Now|
|KENT 550-Watt Atta and Bread Maker||19||11 kg||1 Year||Check the Price|
|Sharp 600W Table-Top Bread Maker||12||NA||1 Year||Check the Price|
|Lifelong Atta and Bread Maker||19||5.2 kg||1 Year||Check the Price|
|Bajaj Platini BM01 550-Watt Bread Maker||12||3.8 kg||2 Years||Check the Price|
|SKG 2LB Automatic Programmable Bread Maker Machine||19||3.9 kg||2 Years||Check the Price|
|Panasonic Automatic Bread Maker||6||7 kg||1 Year||Check the Price|
Best Automatic Bread Maker Reviews
The Kent Atta and bread maker is a delight to have in the kitchen. With its 19 pre-set menus, sophisticated steel-grey body, and sturdy built this bread maker holds the top position on our list of the best bread makers in India.
It will effectively make several kinds of bread, cakes, and jam in the most hygienic way without you having to touch it. Being a homemaker, it is tedious and tiresome to knead doughs for chapatis and puris. Well, the scenario will change when you get home the KENT Atta and Bread Maker 16010.
It has a maximum capacity of 1 kg and has three loaf-size settings, which are 500gm, 750gm and 1 kg. The product comes with one year of KENT warranty. The box includes non-stick bakeware, kneading panel remover, measuring spoon, measuring cup, and user manual, which also includes recipes that you can make using this bread maker.
- It has an LCD screen that shows several selected settings to make operation easier.
- This bread maker comes with 19 pre-set menus
- It has 3 loaf-size settings, which you can adjust according to the quantity of ingredients you are putting in.
- The ‘color setting’ enables the user to decide the amount of browning.
- There are upward and downward arrow keys, which will let you increase or decrease the time.
- Apart from kneading and baking, you can as well ferment, stir-fry and defrost using this bread maker.
- It comes with 1 year of manufacturing warranty, effective from the date of purchase.
- The product has a dimension of 36 x 24.5 x 30 cm and weighs 11kgs.
KENT is a trusted brand, and this bread-maker from the same brand is the best one according to us. With its multiple settings, this bread maker is a multi-tasker that can knead, defrost, and ferment as well. Adding it to your kitchen will indeed be a good decision.
- 19 pre-customized setting
- 3 loaf-size settings
- Option to customize browning
- LCD control interface
- Item weight is on the heavier side
The Sharp 600W Table-Top Bread Maker is from a Japanese brand which specializes in making premium quality electronic gadgets. It has modern steel and black body and comes with 12 pre-set programs. It lags by one position because of its price, which is slightly higher than the KENT bread maker. Also, there is no pre-set menu for kneading chapati or puri dough. You will have to use the manual mode for it and set the timer accordingly.
The Sharp 600w table-top bread maker has a fully automatic function. Once you put in the necessary ingredients for a particular type of bread, it will knead the dough, let it rise and then bake it, without you having to monitor the cooking all the while. It takes around 3 hours for this machine to bake a loaf of white bread; the time is slightly more for brown bread.
With this machine, you will get the option to select the loaf size and control its browning as well. Apart from bread, it can make jams and cakes too. It has a fruit and nut dispenser which comes handy when you want your recipe to incorporate some dry fruits for texture. The box contains the main unit, kneading blade, measuring cup, two-sided measurement spoon, user manual, and a hook.
- The Sharp bread maker has two loaf settings, which are- 680g and 900g
- You can select between light, medium, and dark browning option.
- Its function is fully automatic.
- The longest side of this bread maker is 14 inches
- It comes with 1 year of on-site warranty
- It has a backlit LCD that displays the timer and the selected settings
This fully automatic bread maker is powered by Japanese technology and it is easy to use. All you have to do is follow the user-manual cum recipe-book and enjoy freshly baked preservative-free bread. It might cost a little extra, but its built-quality and performance are worth every penny.
- Japanese technology
- Browning control
- 2 loaf size option
- Fruit and nut dispenser
- Fully automatic function
- 12 pre-customized settings
- Last-operation memory
- Costs slightly higher
- The ‘stop’ button acts more like a pause button for 2 secs.
This Lifelong Atta & Bread Maker will automatically knead, bake and ferment by eliminating the hassles of kneading dough with hands, which is safe, convenient and hygienic. This bread maker with various excellent features makes it great value for your money.
Its LCD display with 19 digital customized programs of this bread maker will do everything you need like bake fresh loaves of bread (several kinds), fruit cakes, jam, desserts or knead doughs automatically.
The box includes detachable baking pan, hook, measuring spoon, measuring cup, and recipe book that let you enjoy homemade bread. It is easy to operate, easy to clean and store, as it components are detachable. The manufacturer offers 1-year warranty on manufacturing defects.
It has non-stick coated detachable pan that accommodate three loaf size options. It also has adjustable crust control that give you a choice to bake light, medium & dark crusts, as per your taste. Its 5-hour programmable timer delay will delay the cooking process and bake the bread freshly at your choice of time.
- 19 pre-set menu options.
- Beyond making bread loaves, it can make cakes, jams, yogurt, and knead dough.
- Meet your baking needs automatically with a single touch operation.
- An LCD display on top with easy to control buttons
- Compact design with easy to clean and easy to store.
- 5-hour programmable timer delay will prepare the bread as per your convenience.
- This bread maker has three loaf settings – 500gms, 750gms & 1 kg.
- Can be used to prepare sugar-free or gluten-free breads with special programme settings.
If you want to use this bread maker for beyond baking bread or kneading doughs, then it is certainly a perfect option. It has one touch automatic operation for kneading, fermenting and baking needs. All you need is to customize ingredients with unique programs for your own unique recipes.
- Fully automatic function
- 3 loaf size options
- Delayed time adjustment
- Pocket friendly price
- Adjustable crust control.
- Non-stick removable baking pan
- Easy to use, clean and store
- Comes with recipes book with a variety of bread recipes.
- Poor customer service.
- Its transparent glass window on the top is small.
The Bajaj Platini has made it to the 3rd position on our list owing to its compact dimensions, portable design with side handles and superb performance. It has 12 menu options from which you can choose the type of bread you want. Alternatively, you can as well knead doughs, make jams and cakes using this bread maker.
Another added plus point is, the Bajaj Platini bread maker has 2 years warranty. It has a non-stick coated detachable pan that can accommodate two loaf sizes of 700 gm and 900 gm. This bread maker also provides its user with three crust options of light, medium and dark brown to select the one he likes.
It has a delay timer which can delay the cooking process for up to 13 hours. With the help of this technology, you can get bread at your choice of time. Additionally, the Bajaj bread-maker automatically shifts to ‘keep warm mode’ after the bread is prepared, which keeps the loaf warm up to 60 minutes.
- 12 pre-set menu options
- It has 2 years of warranty
- This bread maker can make jams and cakes apart from making bread loaves.
- An LCD display on the front with easy to control buttons
- The delay time adjustment of up to 13 hours will prepare the bread according to your convenience
- It keeps the bread warm for up to 60 minutes.
- It has a dimension of 39 x 31.4 x 32.6 cm and weighs just 3.75 Kg.
There is nothing not to like in this machine. It has several pre-set menus, it is compact, pocket-friendly, and portable. However, there is one downside, and that is its customer service, which is not the best as per many users.
- 2 options for loaf sizes
- 2 years of warranty
- 3 browning control settings
- pocket-friendly price
- keeps bread warm for 60 mins
- Delayed time adjustment
- A short-span internal memory of 10 minutes
- Customer service is not up to the mark
SKG is a Chinese company, which is still not a very well-known one in India. However, the bread maker by this brand that we are about to review is packed with features, superb design, 19 automatic programs, and non-skid feet that secure its position on the countertop.
You can set the timer according to your will and taste freshly baked bread in less than an hour. Also, it has a delayed timer setting of a whopping 15 hours. After this machine prepares the bread, it is equipped with the technology to keep it warm for 1 hour.
Not only can you make an array of bread types with the SKG bread maker, but also prepare yoghurt, jam, desserts, and knead doughs for several purposes. Its three crust settings let you select the type of browning you want. It also has 15 minutes power-interruption recovery feature.
- It comes with 19 pre-set programs
- It has 15 hours delayed time setting
- With this machine, you get 3 loaf size setting and 3 types of browning options
- It has 15 minutes of internal memory in case of a power cut
- The product dimension is 35.6 x 23.9 x 30 cm and it weighs 3.89 Kg
- It has 1 hour keep warm feature
- It comes with a warranty of 2 years
In case you do not have the internal compulsion of settling only for well-known brands, you can go for this one. Except for its not-so-good customer support, it is overall a very good product that can give you an amazingly tasty loaf of bread every morning.
- 19 pre-set menu options
- 3 browning control options
- 15 minutes power-interruption recovery
- non-stick internal coating of the bread pan
- 2 years warranty
- 3 bread loaf sizes
- non-skid feet
- Customer care is not good
- The transparent window on top is small
We have ranked this bread maker from the popular brand of Panasonic on the fifth on our list as it is comparatively costlier. Though it is a decent bread maker, it has only 6 pre-set menu options, which is way less as compared to other bread-makers on this list.
It has three crust control options and can knead various kinds of doughs and bake some of the tastiest bread you have ever tasted. This Panasonic bread maker has a weight of approximately 7 kgs and comes in a dimension of 10 x 5.71 x 7.86 inches. Along with the main unit, the box includes measuring cup, measuring spoon, kneading blade, and a recipe book.
- This bread maker has 3 adjustable loaf size setting
- It has 3 crust setting
- 1-year manufacturing warranty is valid from the date of purchase
- It has 6 different types of bread and dough options to choose from.
This is a no-nonsense bread maker that does its job just right. Don’t expect to make jam or yoghurt with this one. If you want to use it as a bread maker or just knead doughs for chapati, puri, and pizza, you can most certainly opt for it.
- 6 settings for bread and doughs
- 3 browning options
- 3 load options
- Separate yeast dispenser
- 1-year manufacturing warranty
- Cannot make jam or dessert
- Only 6 pre-set menu options
- Price is on the higher side
Now that you have a fair knowledge about the essence of bread makers and the kind of machine that you should indulge in, why wait anymore? Leap into the market and get the best one that suits your needs.
Do let us know if this guide is helpful for you in the comment section below