Receipt or bill printers are a crucial part of any POS (point of scale) system. Several retail sectors use them for printing customer bill receipts and credit card slips. Most of the restaurants even use them for printing orders back in the kitchen.
While purchasing a bill printing machine, you have to consider 2 main factors…
Which Printer Type is Suitable?
Mainly, there are three types of printers – thermal, dot matrix and inkjet. Thermal printers are most commonly used bill printers in India as they print quickly and don’t product any noise. However, if you want it for a restaurant kitchen or any similar business, then go for inkjet or dot matrix bill printers as they can withstand any extreme temperatures.
Tear Bar or Auto Cutter?
It is better to choose an automatic cutter as they will quickly and easily cut the bill paper without any unattractive jagged edges. It is perfect for business that have a lot of customers to attend. However, automatic cutters are a bit costly. So, if budget is a constraint, then choose tear bar model.
Along with these two, consider print speed and connectivity factors as well. You can read more information on our “Buying Guide”.
We have also picked up Top 7 Brill Printers in India after researching, reading customer reviews and analyzing for 50 hours. If you haven’t go much time, you can just pick anyone among them.
Best Receipt Printer in India 2019
|Best Bill Printer||OS Compatibility||Connectivity||Warranty||Buy Now|
|Everycom EC-801 80mm Printer||Windows, Linux, iOS, Android||Bluetooth||1 year||Check the Price|
|Epson LX-310 Dot Matrix Printer||Windows||Built-in USB||2 years||Check the Price|
|HOIN 58mm BIS Certified Printer||Windows 7, 8 and 10||Standard USB, port or Blutooth||1 year||Check the Price|
|Zjiang 5890K Printer||Windown 10, XP, Vista, 7, 8, Linux.||USB port||1 year||Check the Price|
|CYSNO BIS Certified Receipt Printer||Windows, Linux||USB port||6 months||Check the Price|
|WeP India BP JOY Billing Printer 2 Inch||N.A||Bluetooth||6 months||Check the Price|
|SN Plus 58mm USB Thermal Receipt Printer||Bluetooth, Android, and window||Bluetooth||6 months||Check the Price|
Best Selling Printing Machine Reviews in India 2019
This bill and receipt printer is an excellent option for network and kitchen printing. The benefit of this particular model is its build quality and printing speed. It prints everything at high speed and the build quality is top notch. It will easily last you a long time! The best features about this product are that it is absolutely water resistant, oil resistant, and has a dustproof structured design. And that’s why this is our top pick on this list.
The print status of this device is real-time and doesn’t waste time to buffer, causing absolutely no loss in the time of transactions. This printer has been designed to meet the needs of all the commercial uses, for the time taken by the product is notably low. Its speed is fast enough to not cause any problem for the salesman and neither the customer.
It is well designed for large input buffer that will keep you connected with all the bills you assign the printer to print. The product is actually well configured with the embedded IE server which facilitates ease in the configuration as well.
- Printing parameters –the width of the printing is 72mm and the resolutions are 576 Dots /Line or 512 Dots/Line (8 Dots/mm 203DPI). The speed is 300mm/s, with a command that is compatible either of ESC or POS print instruction mode.
- Warranty: – the product’s manufacturer provides a warranty of 1 year, within which all the expenses incurred will be covered, and so comes another benefit of the return policy. The product can be returned within 10 days from the date of purchase in case of any dissatisfaction.
- Interface: – a rich interface is assigned to the product that is Ethernet (100M) + USB which best supports the cash drawing integration.
- Connectivity: – This printer connects via Bluetooth and supports a number of printing systems, namely Windows, Linux, Android and iOS. The printer can as well print any of the barcodes, so mentioned in the bill.
- Supports: – It has thermal printing line and the printing line space by default is, 3.75mm which is adjustable with the help of commands. Supports characters of Dots/Line Or 512 Dots/Line (8 Dots/mm 203DPI. The graphics support of the product is Dots/Line Or 512 Dots/Line (8 Dots/mm 203DPI. So, there is full as well as half cutter function supported by this product. Also, the product is embedded with easy feed.
The bottom line, if stated, would be you will come across so many products which you would feel are similar to this one, but when actually try your hands on it, you will enjoy high quality, and a worry-free printing experience, unlike anyone else can offer. The printing speed and the interface are the main highlights of this one. Overall, a well built, result-oriented and value for money device!
What we like
- Superb printing speed.
- Excellent build quality
- Beyond expectations printing quality and speed of billing
- Two types of paper supported, 80mm and 58mm
- Supports all kind of symbol printing, i.e. logo, images, and fonts
What we don’t like
- Average battery life
Dot printers are the traditional printers which have managed to come a long way and still are a pretty good competition to all the modern printers. If you wish to opt for the traditional printing dot matrix printer, this Epson model would be of great interest for you.
This printer comes with a narrow carriage impact printer of 9-Pin. This product is highly reliable in terms of printing and also its performance is a lot better than other dot printers in the market. The printing speed of this device is notably high and the MTBF or the mean time between failures is close to 10,000 power on hour
This printer is USB-Compatible, having both serial and parallel ports. Hence, you can connect this printer with just any of the devices you wish to. This product is highly reliable in terms of carbon copies and you can create multiple carbon copies via this printer.
The setup of this product is also very simple and cost-efficient; all you need to do is to understand the printer’s set up along with the side of paper used.
- Speed: – This product is provided with an input data buffer memory of 128KB. The speed designated to this printer, helps it touch the speed of close to 357 characters/second at around 12 CPI, which is actually a pretty high unit.
- Reliability: – This model’s reliability is pretty high which takes it to a higher rating of 67% more than the prior model. This makes it great in terms of dependability. The LX-310 is rated for a mean time before failure (MTBF) of 10,000 POH (power on hours).
- Carbon copies: – As Dot Printers are well known for the ability to provide carbon copies, this printer is very efficient in making multiple carbon copies and can actually reach up to the efficiency of creating up to a 5 part form printout (1 original+ 4 carbon copies).
- Connectivity: – This product has in-built USB, alongside serial and parallel interface options which makes it possible for you to connect the product with literally any of the device you wish to.
- Warranty: – 2 years of warranty and the product comes with an offer of return within 7 days from the date of dispatch.
All credit goes to the brand it comes from, which is well-recognized in the printing industry and leaves no option for you to rethink before placing the order. This printer is made keeping in mind long-term use and cost-savings. Best buy if you are an individual firm which needs not tons, but a few hundred prints on a daily basis. Maintenance of the product is not much and so, it is a great option for a long term investment.
What we like
- Decent print quality
- Low-cost maintenance
- Works efficiently and connect to any devices
- Reliable and easy to use
- Reputed brand
What we don’t like
- Ribbon problems
- No extended warranty provided
Here is another thermal printer amongst the varied options available in the market. HOIN’s model is highly equipped with a number of exciting and really useful features. The best thing about this product is that it is highly convenient to use for there are hardly any connectivity issues with this one.
This printer is made, with an aim to produce results in high speed which is equally efficient when used in a commercial environment with a busy and high-volume customer base.
For the purpose of regular printing, this printer has it all. The performance, energy efficiency and professional grade built of this product are splendid. The most dwelled-in yet extraordinary features are a lightweight & compact design, resistant to dust and splashes, and the ability to create a practically noise-free environment which is favorable for both the users and also the customers.
- Specifications: –
- Printing paper width of 57.5mm * 0.5mm, along with a potent print width of close to 48mm.
- This printer performs in high speed, the speed in precise units is 90mm per second or 24line per second, and
- The density with which the printer prints is 384 dots per line and 8dots per mm.
- Some other specs include a Print dot space of around 0.125mm and an official Service Life of close to 50km.
- Interface: – The interface of this device uses standard USB connectivity, parallel port or serial port. If we speak in terms of cashbox control, the capacity output is DC12V/3A Power signal, 6 lines RJ-11 socket operation. The temperature of the printer is in the provision of 0~50.
- Design: – It has a very compact and small structure which makes it lightweight and extremely easy to carry or to use it anywhere you want i.e. both in home and work environment.
- Compatibility: – Compatibility is another competitive advantage of this printer, for this printer is compatible with devices having an OS of Windows 7, 8 and 10. This makes it highly compatible with a number of devices and highly functional.
- Ease of use: – This product is excellent in terms of installation. You can easily roll a paper roll in the printer from the top opener and get all set. Also, the functional buttons are easy to use, and not distracting at all.
The specifications and features offered by this printer are often ignored but are actually very useful and satisfy all your printing needs. Though it is a thermal printer it is definitely one of the premium quality thermal printers. The printing quality is top-notch, offers noise free function, the design is very compact and easy to use and moreover it is super affordable.
What we like
- The features are actually its pros
- Highly compatible and also lightweight
- Noise-free results
- Easy to use and install
What we don’t like
- No auto paper cut
- Works only with Windows OS
Shout out to all the business owners. This bill printer is for you as it fulfills all the checks of the essential features required by a thermal printer. It is a great product, which prints bills at high speed in a very smooth fashion, making it extremely convenient to use.
It is highly capable of printing bills in all kinds of format, namely value-added tax invoice, express bill, A4 paper, passbook, tag, certificate, greeting card, account book, air ticket, etc.
You can expect this product to produce stable performance because it can work with great speed and supports cash drawer driver, consuming low power and reducing operating costs. This ZIJANG printer is lightweight which makes it highly compact and comes with a great yet smart design. Rest assured, it will present a noise-free environment even when functioning.
- Specifications: – this product works at high speed, numerically speaking, 90mm/sec whilst the power consumption is of 12V. The working power requirement for this product is DC 12V/1A. This product is absolutely lightweight as it weighs around 0.5410 kg and has a design worth taking a glance at.
- Interface: – This product has a USB interface and it prints commands compatible with ESC/POS. if we talk about power consumption and operating cost, this product is at the lowest phase because it uses no ribbon or ink cartridges. The structure of the product is excellent and makes it extremely easy to install paper into it.
- Connectivity: – This product supports cash drawer driver and is highly compatible with EPSON and Samsung. It easily connects with a number of drivers, namely Win 2000/ XP/ Vista/ 7/ 8/ Linux. While on work, this product makes no noise causing ease in bulky transactions
- Printing parameters: – This printer uses thermal line printing method with a font size of 384 dots/line. You would want to consider printing paper of size 58mm (width), 50mm (max diameter) while making sure the thickness of the printing paper is 57.5mm. You can easily rely on the printer to print up to 100 km.
Given, all the interface information, this product is well suited for commercial retail POS system. The most appreciated fact is that it doesn’t cost a bomb. It is indeed affordable and has all the features of a good thermal printer, just neglecting a below-par battery life. It would have easily taken our 3rd place if the battery life was slightly better. Nonetheless, a value for money product!
What we like
- Easy to use
- Works with great speed and highly efficient
- Compatible for small businesses
- Works with Windows 10 as well.
- Energy efficient
What we don’t like
- Installs with a disk
- Battery life
If you are in search of a kiosk receipt printing machine, this printer should definitely be in your watchlist. It is considered a zero-maintenance printer and that’s why it is on our list. Speaking in terms of size, this is a mini POS printer which is of compact size and helps you save a lot of space, whilst you use it on your desk.
The design of this product is quite similar to that of the Everycom thermal printer. Its dimensions are 180mm in length, 115mm in width and 127mm in height, whereas the weight of the product is a meager 0.75 kgs.
CYSNO 58mm printer is embedded with easy paper roll installation and can easily support cashbox. Easy installation leads to easy maintenance resulting in low consumption and low operating cost.
Though this printer works for only Windows and Linux, it is actually a great pick. A security warning has been provided with the device; do not touch the printer cutter or the printer’s head.
- Printing parameters: – The printer works with a speed precision of 90mm/sec, with a printing density of 384 dots/line. You are required to use thermal paper with a width of 57.5 ± 0.5mm. It highly facilitates the printing instruction set of ESC/POS.
- Connectivity: – The 58mm USB support cash drawer driving, bitmap, and graphics printing. This device connects with all the windows OS and also Linux. It makes no noise while operating, which is highly desirable for the users and also the end customers. The device uses thermal line printing and is extremely lightweight.
- Installation: – Installing this product is extremely easy because it facilitates ease insertion of paper rolls. So, it is easy and convenient to operate. It is ideal for all the windows devices and also supports Linux. The product has built-in power design to save space making it a great option for POS printing system.
- Maintenance: – This printer is highly easy to maintain because changing the paper roll is convenient and there is no use of ribbon and ink cartridge. Also, the printer head life cycle lasts up to 100 km.
The reason for which it is truly considered a zero maintenance printer is the lack of ribbon or ink cartridge. The best part of this product is that it can support a variety of international language character. Keep in mind, it only has 6 months of warranty. Our last product on this list but it doesn’t lack in usability or efficiency. It is a great product on its own and recommended by a number of customers as well.
What we like
- Works well for the price it is offered at
- Produces no noise whatsoever
- Supports cash drawer facility
- Works great for kiosk banking
- Requires zero maintenance
What we don’t like
- Doesn’t have a LAN interface.
- Only 6 months warranty
- Works only with Windows and Linux.
This printer is a thermal billing device. The BP range of billing printer of WeP is the largest seller in billing printers. The quality of the product is outstanding. Along with that, the efficiency of the product is also mind-blowing and therefore this printer is most picked and selected by the various businesses.
This billing machine is best suited for
- Small shops
- Ice cream parlour
- Fast food shops
The thermal technology facilitates tally cash and calculations that not only saves time but also helps in maintaining a perfect ledger.
While working, it produces low noise. Also, this product is under 6 months warranty as provided by the manufacturer. The warranty includes all type of defects including manufacturing defects.
- The output type of this billing printer is Monochrome
- Can produce a 2-inch long bill
- Can store up to 700 items
- Can work as a token printer as well
- Uses Thermal Paper Printing Technology
- It can work without a PC
- Can print up to 1000 bills per day
- Round off option available to nearest paisa to rupee
- Void bill report
- Tax report feature also available
- Facilitates bill wise report
This premium bill printer machine is one of the best of its kind in terms of quality and efficiency. This billing printer is a highly affordable printer with an ace quality of material used and awesome performance. Its productivity and effectiveness make it is one of the wisest options to invest in.
What we like
- The printing speed is really very good and fast
- The printing quality is exceptionally amazing
- 2 types of paper supported 80mm and 58 mm
- Supports logo, images, etc.
What we don’t like
- The battery life is not very good
SN PLUS is a 58MM USB thermal receipt printer. It is a high-speed printer with a speed of about 90mm per sec. This billing printer is well known for its high speed while printing. It is compatible with ESC. It works on POS print command set. Also, it supports windows.
Application of this billing printer is at a various business that includes
- Medical equipment,
- Mobile POS,
- Retail hospitality
- Onboard Transportation,
- Field reports,
- installation Warehouse,
- Logistic Utility billing.
- This billing meter can specifically be used for printing the meter reading bills, especially of electricity.
The product is under 6 months of warranty by the manufacturer from the date of purchase. The manufacturer claims warranty only against making defects and no defects later on.
- The Cash drawer port is compatible with POS AND ESC command set
- The printer also supports Bluetooth, Android, and window
- The operating system of this billing printer is Windows 7/ 8/ 9x/ 10/ 2000/ 2003
- The printer also supports Android apps to print the invoice via Bluetooth
- The driver is installed via the CD that is provided in the box
- This product is low cost and has low noise while working
- The Printing method is Thermal Line Printing
- This printer can print the logo as well
- Can also change the font and size of the font as per the requirement
The high-speed and wireless connectivity are the main highlights of this printer. Its feature of easy driver installation and noise-free operation makes it worth buying. If you are looking for a budget-friendly yet high-speed bill printing machine, then this printer can be an ideal choice for you.
What we like
- The printing speed is good
- Noise-free working
- Portable device
- Easy to use
What we don’t like
- The unavailability of driver results in some problematic situation
Bill or Receipt Printing Machine Buying Guide
Billing printers are the necessity for a business entity. It facilitates hassle-free bill printing along with right calculations and easy cash management. But every billing printer can’t serve the purpose. Some points are to be considered while buying an Electronic billing printer. These can be very important pointers and are particularly based on your exact requirements and needs.
No business is the same! And a universal billing printer can’t be perfect for your own business. You need to learn and have the required know-how to pick up that is most suitable for you and your business. Here are some pointers that need to be covered while purchasing!
What should be considered while buying a Billing Printer
1. Know About the Types of Billing Printers
There are various types of printers that suit different type of entities. To buy a correct and efficient product, the user must first evaluate the type of billing printer that is suitable for him/her. There are mainly 3 types of printers that is: Thermal Printer, Impact Printing, and Inkjet Printing. In India, thermal billing printers are mostly preferred.
When it comes billing machines, these are the top billing machines available in India that uses any of the above 3 printing techniques;
- Electronic machines
These are the most commonly used machines in proper business outfits like grocery stores, departmental stores, restaurants etc. These are big in size when compared to other yet portable. They have a display and are quite fast in billing.
- Handheld machines
As the name suggests, this type is mainly used where there is a need for mobility. These billing machines offer portability and thus it is hand-held. These are used mainly on bus ticketing! It is compact and you can print a bill on the go without any hassles. You can expect a long functional life than others.
- Automatic machines
These are the best machines if you want fast transactions. This is because these types of receipt printing machines have the required algorithms to add or subtract taxes/rebates automatically. There is no need for manual inputs. Efficient and super fast!
- POS machines
Point of Sale or POS machines are mainly used in the supermarket nowadays. This technology is very advanced and is mainly used to track the sales and inventory left for any type of goods. Comes with bar code scanning technology and is very efficient.
- Card swipe machines
As the name suggests, these are mainly used for plastic money transactions. Very commonly used and this is too is a hand-held machine.
2. Consider the Printing Speed for Fast Checkouts
The printing speed of the billing printer is also an important attribute while selecting an efficient device. The business that requires fast billing or places like grocery stores, etc., need fast billing due to heavy sales and lots of customers. This is where a fast receipt printer is necessary. While a jewellery shop does not usually have a long queue and therefore they can prefer a slightly slower printing speed billing printer.
3. Look for the Compatibility with other Peripherals
Compatibility is a very important attribute! The user before buying should consider all the peripherals that are to be combined while using the billing system. This may include a cash drawer, bar- code scanners, etc. Nowadays most of the modern receipt printers come with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB compatibility and other wireless technology. Very desirable and hassle-free!
4. Consider the Support System for Hassle-Free Service
With the advancement of technology, always prefer a billing machine that has a customer support system nearby as this will lead to a problem-free usage of the machine. This will help in easy updating and solving the errors of the machine.
5. Light Weight and Compact Design for Easy Handling
The weight of the product plays a key role. If it is needed to be mobile and in different places at any given time, it is ought to be lightweight and portable. A compact design will ensure, storing the product in less space. The built-in power supply eases the use of the product. It makes it very efficient and useful!
6. Supports the use of plastic money
With newer rules of the government in India, the use of plastic money is mandatory. A proper new age receipt machine should have the option to facilitate debit/credit card transactions.
7. Check the Warranty Cover
A key factor in the selection process is warranty. A product with a long warranty period is always preferred and advisable
8. Separate Cash Register
Cash register helps in matching the ledger and accounts with the bills issued. This feature is also a key feature that is to be considered while buying the billing printer. A business that sells lots of products or has heavy crowd should prefer cash register billing printer as it facilitates easy access to ledger and calculations.
9. Environment-Friendly Printer
Always ensure that the printer used is environment-friendly. The device should consume less energy and less paper. The wastage should be minimal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Thermal printers are the modern form of printing bills but they have their individual pros and cons. It is always the best of interest to consider the type according to your requirements. Make sure to take into consideration your business nature, cost, and maintenance.
Though these printers are the traditional printing machines, yet it shouldn’t mean that the interface provided to these printers is limited to a single port. Dot printers generally connect using 3 ports, i.e. USB, serial and parallel which is enough for the machine to get connected with all the output devices.
The width of the paper varies from 2, 3 and 4 inches. Firstly, there is a need to consider the requirement of the width of the bill. The standard size that is mostly preferred is 3.
No, this rule of thumb does not apply in this case. To have an efficient billing printer, the user first needs to ascertain his requirements and needs and then select the billing printer. All the expensive billing printers will not serve the purpose.
Vote for better print precision goes to the Dot printers because they work with the help of a metal and an ink ribbon. On the contrary, Thermal printers work on heat which makes it extremely difficult to keep up with the print precision. A slight increase in the ink can cause a more flow of ink onto the paper resulting in smudges. Even, a person’s hand can affect the temperature of the paper.
Temperature does affect the ability of the printer. If your line of business is somewhere related to kitchen and heat, Impact printers are the ones you should opt for.
This factor varies from printer to printer. It is usually a Dot printer, which is expected to produce noise, because of the ink and the way it works. Thermal printers are noise free and hardly a disturbance for the customers and the salesman.
Yes, it is extremely necessary for you to check if the printer is facilitated by the POS system. Perform a background check if necessary and go for the printer which has it.
The auto-cutter is an automatic system of the cutting the receipt from the edge when finalized. It is not important or necessary for the effective performance of the billing printer. It is not a built-in feature of all the billing printers but if the user has the necessity of this feature then he should check before buying the billing printer.
Compact design, reliability, heavy use, storage, integration and installment, mode of connectivity and print speed are the other factors to consider before making a purchase.
The above-mentioned list is not an exhaustive list of points that should be considered while purchasing a Billing Printer. A business needs to carefully evaluate its own needs and uses of various billing machines.
In a nutshell, it is advised to first evaluate and analyse the need for the machine and also consider the above-mentioned points to get an optimum billing device. Our recommendation is the Everycom EC-801 80mm Direct Thermal Printer This is one of the most premium and useful receipt printing machines and uses thermal printing technique. Very efficient and value for money!