Almost all of our home appliances have remote access enabled. But, if you have purchased your TV, AC, or any other remote-controlled home appliance 4 or 5 years ago, you have most probably received an IR remote for controlling these appliances.
Nowadays, all of the general home appliances come with WiFi accessibility so that it can be controlled right with our smartphones or even by Alexa or Google voice assistant. If you also wish to have the same ease of access with your devices, you do not need to purchase a new one. What you can do is get a decent WiFi remote control so that you can convert your regular devices into smart devices by spending just a few bucks. Here are some things you can expect from a WiFi remote:
- Universal Control: The best part about getting a WiFi remote is that you get universal compatibility with the device. With almost all of our picks, you will be getting support for more than 80000 IR remote-controlled devices, including all standard brands for TVs, ACs, and DVD players.
- WiFi Compatibility: As the name suggests, WiFi remotes come with built-in WiFi support that lets you connect it to your local WiFi network. This way, you can control the remote with its own application that you may install on your Android or iOS device, which needs to be connected to the same network.
- Voice Assistant Support: The most important parameter generally seen in almost all smart devices is built-in support for AI voice assistants like Alexa or Google assistant. This allows you to control the WiFi remote via voice commands. All you have to do is pair your remote with your Alexa or Google Home speaker, and you are good to go.
WiFi remotes are quite basic and simplistic products that help you to turn your regular home into a smart home system where you get control of all of your appliances in a single device. In this case, a WiFi remote is generally designed with a dedicated Android or iOS app to control it.
As these devices are not that difficult to manufacture and currently have growing demand, you can find many different options available in the market. To make sure you get the best one amongst all these options, we will give you the best buying options for the WiFi remote control available in India. If you need help in deciding which option is better for you, kindly can refer to our Buying Guide available later in the article.
5 Best WiFi Remote Control In India
|WiFi Remote Controls||Size||Weight||Warranty||Buy Now|
|HomeMate® Wi-Fi Smart IR Control||2.7 x 1.1 x 1.1 inches||95 grams||1 year||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Oakremote WiFi Universal Remote||5.1 x 5.1 x 2.3 inches||250 grams||1 year||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|B BestCon RM4C IR Remote||3.3 x 2.5 x 1.9 inches||250 grams||1 year||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|RM-Mini3 Remote Controller||2.1 x 2.1 x 2.5 inch||80 grams||1 year||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Wiqd® IR Universal Remote||2.7 x 2.7 x 1.5 inches||70 grams||1 year||CHECK ON AMAZON|
5 Best WiFi Remote Control In India Reviews
Presenting in the 1st place, we have a highly compact device which will fit perfectly even in the most congested spaces and suffice you with its great compatibility.
The HomeMate® Wi-Fi Smart IR Control Hub is primarily a smart air conditioner controller as you will be able to directly turn on/turn off and maintain temperature directly from your smartphone.
But, it also supports other IR devices like TVs and speakers as well as other WiFi-enabled devices in your home, making it an all in one controller. It manages to replace all of the remote controls in your home as it supports over 80000 different IR devices.
You will be able to intricate all of the remote controls right in your smartphone via the dedicated application, making it a safer as well as a power-efficient option. The HomeMate® Wi-Fi Smart IR Control Hub is compatible with both Android as well as iOS devices as its applications are available for both platforms.
Hence, compatibility should not be an issue for you. With voice assistants, you will only be able to set up the basic parameters like turn off or turn on a device. But, the app has a special DIY control system where you can manage any special function available on the original remote and access that via the smartphone.
- A compact and stylish option
- Suitable for most homes
- Direct voice commands available
- Supports over 80000 IR devices
- Can be used to control ACs, TVs, and other IR devices
- Also compatible with WiFi-enabled devices
- Safe and power-efficient option
- Compatible with both Android and iOS
- Voice commands available for basic tasks
- DIY control in app for special features
- 1-year warranty
- Comparatively affordable pick
- Gets all of the things done with ease
- Can be paired with Alexa and Google Home
- Voice commands cannot be used for special tasks
In the 2nd position, we have the most popular WiFi remotes available in India. Oakter has already sold thousands of Oakremote WiFi Universal Remotes in India and received pretty positive user feedback from the majority of its users.
This makes it a verified and reliable option in comparison with other options. As it operates on IR signals, it cannot be used to control a device that is in another room. But, once placed in a room, it can be used for multiple devices available in the same room. For example, if you decide to put it in the living room, you can control your TV, ACs, Speakers, and all other options available in the room.
The Oakremote WiFi Universal Remote is primarily designed for televisions as the supported application gives you one-click access to all your favorite channels that will be played instantly on your tv. It provides 360-degree coverage thanks to its special IR design. Hence, it can be easily used from any corner of the room, given that it stays in a stable WiFi network.
Apart from the TV, it can also be used for air conditioners, speakers, home theatres, and DTH set-top box. The device is compatible with any 2.4 GHz WiFi network and can grant you instant control via Alexa and Google Home devices.
- Highly reliable option
- Best selling WiFi remote in India
- Positive user reviews
- A verified and reliable option
- Operates with both WiFi and IR signals
- Can be used to control all devices present in the same room
- Compatible with TV, ACs, Speakers, and many more devices
- Ideal for TVs
- One-click access to channels
- 360-degree coverage
- Compatible with 2.4 GHz WiFi network
- Supports Alexa and Google voice assistant
- 1-year warranty
- One device for all appliances in one room
- Trusted by thousands of existing customers
- Easy to set up
- Cannot be used for OTT applications
In the 3rd position, we are bringing you the most affordable option available in India when it comes to WiFi-enabled IR remotes. Getting all of the features that are available in B BestCon RM4C Mini PC Intelligent WiFi IR Remote in such an affordable price tag is nothing short of a surprise. First of all, let’s talk about the ease of access available on this remote.
It supports full voice control as well as compatible with IFTTT so that it can be used with Alexa to control your TV, STB, air conditioner, and many other IR controlled devices. For both Alexa and Google Assistant, you can find a dedicated skill called “Broad-Link ” that is used to pair the AI assistant with these remotes.
The broad link smartphone application is also directly available on both Google play store and iOS store for free so that the setup gets really easy and quick. If you want to make sure the device is compatible with your home appliances, you can try out the application on your IR supported smartphone and pair the devices before buying, which is a great solution to avoid compatibility issues.
The compatibility of this device is on par with other options, even with a cheaper price tag as it supports more than 80000 different IR powered devices. Also, the developers are constantly adding new equipment to the list, so you can rest assured that any new appliance that you’re going to buy will be supported by this IR remote.
- Most affordable WiFi remote in India
- All essential features are available
- Great ease of access offered by this option
- Compatible with voice control and IFTTT
- Supports Alexa and Google assistant
- Broad-Link skill available for both AI assistants
- Broad link app available for both iOS and Android devices
- Compatibility can be tested before buying
- Easy and quick setup
- More than 80000 devices supported
- New devices added regularly
- 1-year warranty
- Great option as compatibility can be tested beforehand
- Highly affordable WiFi remote
- New devices will also be supported
- Supports only 2.4 GHz WiFi
Up next, we have yet another broad link WiFi remote, which is the RM-Mini3 Black Bean Universal Remote Wi-Fi. It is also based on the broad link skill available for both Alexa and Google voice assistant. Hence, AI compatibility should not be a problem for this option. In case of compatibility with various devices, it also supports more than 80000 IR powered devices that include TVs, ACs, and other devices from various different brands.
This versatile WiFi remote control comes with a dedicated app for smartphones, which gives you an enhanced version of a remote that can also be reprogrammed according to your personal preference. All of these incredible features are packed in an extremely compact device that can easily fit in your palm.
With RM-Mini3 Black Bean Universal Remote Wi-Fi, you will get smart WiFi control, Private customizations, remote control access, and multi-group timing, which is essential for automatic features. Even if your smartphone is not connected to the WiFi network, you can still control your devices via 4G or any other internet connection, which makes it suitable for outdoor use.
But, the device itself should be always connected to a WiFi network with internet access. One of the great features of this option is the intelligent trigger, where you can customize different scenarios, and it will automatically adjust the settings when you leave/come back to home.
- Broad link-based WiFi remote
- Broad link skill available for both Alexa and Google AI assistant
- Supports over 80000 IR devices
- A decent option for TVs, ACs, and other appliances from different brands
- Comes with dedicated broad link app
- The app allows enhanced options
- Extremely compact device
- Smart WiFi control, Private customizations, and remote control access available
- Supports multi-group timing
- Can be used remotely via 4G network
- Comes with an intelligent trigger
- Automated actions enabled
- 1-year warranty
- Truly smart WiFi remote control
- Automatic actions increase the ease of usage
- Highly compact option, so installation is not a problem
- Build quality is comparatively weaker than other option
In the end, we are going to feature a decent WiFi-enabled IR remote available at an affordable price tag from WIQD. The WIQD® Smart WiFi IR Universal Remote is also compatible with almost all IR appliances like air conditioners, TVs, set-top boxes, audio/video players, and other options just like other options available on our list.
But, it features an intelligent automatic control option available that you might not get in most options. It allows you to turn off/on certain appliances like ACs while you are returning home so that you are welcomed with a comfortable environment. Almost all types of remotes are available in the smartphone app, making it suitable for more than 80000+ different devices. It also utilizes a network connection that enables it for remote usage via the smartphone’s internet connection.
The great thing about this option is that you can set up different timers to automatically manage said parameters. Hence, you can design your own customized schedule and put it through the app so that all of your appliances will be operated according to that. The app allows you to create a custom remote design as well so that you can choose the features that you need the most to appear within the quickest reach.
Although, DIY remote designs are not applicable completely with voice commands, so keep that in mind. Other than that, almost all basic features can be managed via simple voice commands whether you have an Alexa or Google Home ecosystem available in your home.
- WiFi-enabled IR remote
- Affordable price tag
- Compatible with almost all IR appliances
- Intelligent automatic control available
- Can be controlled remotely via smartphone
- Suitable for more than 80000+ different devices
- Scheduling is possible
- DIY remote feature available
- Basic features operated via voice commands
- Supports the Alexa and Google Home ecosystem
- 1-year warranty
- The DIY remote system is great to have
- Remote access via smartphone is supported
- Stylish smart WiFi remote
- DIY functions cannot be used via voice commands
Buying Guide For The Best WiFi Remote Control In India
After reading about all of our top picks for the best WiFi remote control available in India, you must have gained quite a bit of knowledge about them. As we have given you a thorough review of each option and mentioned their notable features and pros as well as cons, it must be really easy now to distinguish between different options and focus on the ones that suit your needs the best.
While buying a WiFi remote, you need to be extra careful as you can easily fall prey to false advertising and end up with an option that is incompatible with your IR powered devices. To avoid that, we are presenting you with our dedicated buying guide for the best WiFi remotes in India. Here, we will talk about the crucial parameters of a WiFi remote that you will see in all of our top picks mentioned above. Thus, we can assure you that you will be buying the perfect option according to your needs after going through our buying guide.
1. Smart Assistant Support
One of the most important features seen in almost all smart electronic devices is the smart voice assistant support. Voice assistants like Alexa, Siri, and Google assistants are highly versatile as they are available on multiple platforms at once.
It can be accessed from your TV, laptop, smartphone, and even a smartwatch. This makes it using the assistant pretty easy. If you get voice assistant support in WiFi remote control devices, you will be able to manage the device from all of these handheld devices with ease. In all of the options present here, you will get support for Alexa and Google voice assistant, which is necessary for voice commands.
2. DIY Features
A physical remote is quite limited when it comes to features and functionalities. It comes with pre-defined buttons, and it can only carry out tasks that are registered on the board with different keystrokes. As for digital remotes, things get a little interesting.
There are a few options available for WiFi IR controllers whose application gives you creative access to the device via a DIY remote control. With the DIY remote, you will be able to create your own personalized remote control for different devices or a single universal remote for all devices. As the possibilities for DIY remotes are quite vivid, you will not be offered voice assistant support when using a DIY remote.
3. Automatic Control
A great addition for smart compatibilities of an electronic appliance is the support for automatic actions. Automatic actions include direct control over basic actions of household appliances such as turning off or on at a scheduled time. It also includes personalized management of basic parameters according to the time of the day for example, the temperature level of an AC can be changed automatically as day turns to night.
You can find the personalized scheduling available in most of the smartphone applications that are used to control WiFi enables IR controllers. But, there are a few options that have intelligent control enabled that use smartphone location to automatically adjust these settings accordingly.
4. Supported Devices
It is highly necessary to verify whether all of the IR powered devices available in your home are compatible with a certain option or not. In general, most of us prefer different brands for different appliances. For example, you will have a television set from a different brand as compared to your AC or speaker system.
This increases the number of remotes in your home as each product operates on a different IR sensor, which is used by the brand. A WiFi remote control is aimed at integrating all of these remotes into a single device. Hence, it should be compatible with all of your appliances. To verify that, you can try out the dedicated application first from your IR blaster smartphone. Or, you can search for your devices in the long list of supported electronic devices for your preferred option.
Frequently Asked Questions
Generally, you will only find voice access features available with the devices that have built-in support for popular voice assistants like Alexa or Google voice assistant. In such a case, all you need to do is access the AI options and enable the required skill, which is provided by the developer in the AI skill section. This will automatically configure the assistant for basic voice commands. After that, all you have to do is pair the device with your Amazon Echo or Google Home device, and you can start using the voice commands right away. Although, we will recommend you to go through the user manual for a more detailed and step by the step instruction set.
Similar to your Echo dot and Google Home speakers, WiFi remote control units also require a constant power supply to keep all the functions ready at any point in the day. Therefore, you cannot remotely turn off or turn on the wifi remote control via the applications. But, what you can do remotely controls all of the IR powered devices available in the remote as it utilizes an internet connection to connect with your smartphone. To disable the control unit itself, you can power off the device with a given power switch and remove the power cable.
While selecting a WiFi remote control, you should first make sure that the options you are browsing are compatible with the devices that are available in your home. After that, we will suggest you check various smart features such as AI compatibility, voice access, automated functions, etc. to get the best experience. Lastly, you need to check if the said option is reliable or not for at least a couple of years of use. For a more detailed analysis, kindly refer to our buying guide for the best wifi remote in India presented in this article.
If you have not upgraded your appliances to a smart option yet, worry not. Today, we have brought you the best WiFi remotes available in India that you can purchase right now and get access to all of these smart features without any significant investment.
If you have already gone through our top picks and wish to know more about these remotes in general, make sure you also read our buying guide present in this article. As for the perfect WiFi remote control amongst all, you are better off with one of our top three recommendations given below.
- While all of our picks for the best WiFi remotes in India fall around the same budget range, the B BestCon RM4C Mini PC Intelligent WiFi IR Remote Controller is the cheapest option amongst all. Even though it is quite cheaper, it does not have any compromises when it comes to features and specifications. It has the same 1-year warranty as all other options with direct support for Alexa and Google home devices.
- In case you are looking for a tested and reliable product, you should go with the Oakremote WiFi Universal Remote as it has already been sold to thousands of customers with pretty positive feedback. It is an all in one smart home universal remote that can control TV, ACs, Speaker, Home theatre, DTH box, and many other IR devices. It comes with a free Oakter mobile app that you have to use to manage the device itself.
- Lastly, we will recommend the HomeMate Wi-Fi Smart IR Control Hub if you prefer a compact yet stylish device that can be placed almost anywhere without any problem. Suitable for most living rooms, HomeMate® Wi-Fi Smart IR Control Hub gives you instant access to all of your remote-controlled devices either via the smartphone or via voice commands supported by Alexa and Google voice assistant.
Make sure to share your thoughts in the comments section. You can also post any questions down there if you have any!