If you are a beginner in learning surfing or skating, then waveboards are the right investment.
It provides more stability and balance than skateboards. It allows riders to carve around corners in a more fluid motion, providing a whole new type of riding experience.
Choosing the best waveboard can be tricky with so many options available in the market. In this article, we have provided a detail buying guide on how to choose the best waveboard. For quick analysis, we have mentioned 3 main points below…
It represents the weight limit the wave board can hold or carry. For children, this factor may not be so important. But for youngsters and fully grown adults, you have to consider to choose a model that can hold more weight than yours.
When it comes to the deck, rider’s age is the most important consider while analyzing this factor. There are different boards for kids and adults and in general, the board that less than 1.4 m is for children and over 1.4 m for adults.
The waveboard has 360° turning wheels that allows the user to perform well with tricks. Also, if you’re beginner then prefer to use soft wheels for easy and comfortable movement. If you’re proficient in riding, then choose solid wheels to ride fast with high vibrations.
Best Waveboard In India
|waveboards||Maximum Weight Bearing Capacity||Material||Preferred Age||Buy Now|
|Strauss Bronx Waveboard||100 kg||ABS Plastic||8+ years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Brand Conquer Wave Board||100 kg||Alloy Steel||6+ years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Toyify Waveboard with Light Wheels||100 kg||Alloy||6+ years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Oxelo WB 100 Waveboard||50 kg||Polypropylene Plastic||4 –7 years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Famous Quality Waveboard||100 kg||Alloy||7 years or above||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|E Royal Shop Heavy Quality Waveboard||95 kg||Alloy||7+ years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Jaspo Phantom Waveboard||100 kg||Alloy||7+ years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
7 Best Waveboard In India Reviews
This Strauss Bronx SB waveboard is a self-propelling board that comes with a revolutionary concept of providing experience of snowboarding, skateboard riding and surfing on dry land. The product dimensions are 34X9 inches will make it suits best for children and adults.
- It is specially designed for children who are 8 years or above age and it can easily support weight of up to 100 kg / 220 pounds.
- Its 360-degree inclined caster trucks and pivoting deck will enable a carving motion for surfing/ snowboarding on dry lands.
- It ensures a smooth and safe riding with its slip resistant concave deck platforms and best quality poly urethane wheels with high grade bearings.
- It is portable, lightweight and comes in a carry bag for easy transportation. So, one can carry it to their playgrounds, skate board rings, driveways or any smooth surfaces to ride on it.
- The 16 non-slip points (8 on both sides), anti-slip edge strips and perfect hand grip with a torsion bar connection will make it strong, sturdy and durable waveboard.
- Its PU light wheels will illuminate to make the rider safe to ride with more visible light.
- The interchangeable /removable deck plates, high performance 4 ply torsion bar, 360-degree casters and durable high rebound ABEC 7 wheels will allow the rider to smoothly ride and turn without pushing it much.
Practicing on this waveboard will not only aids in body workout/exercise but also increase balancing and co-ordination. Although, both the wheels will lighten up while riding on the board but if you ride faster than the lights will illuminate even brighter.
- Looks stylish with unique and cool graphics.
- Illuminating PU wheels with high performance bearing for safe riding.
- It is lightweight, portable, easy to transport and ride on any smooth surface.
- Made with high-quality ABS plastic and offers overall bodywork / exercise.
- A little bit pricey product
- The quality of the wheels is not up to the mark.
Brand Conquer is the best manufacturer and seller of high-quality accessories and sports equipment. Their products are wonderful and worthy of the investment. This new colorful wave board is unique and it enhances the skating skills of your kids.
This unique wave board is, however, useful to adults as well. It is for skating beginners and professionals as well. You can surf over streets, parks, and roads with the ultimate thrilling experience.
- It has two concave deck plates that give better foot control. They are slip-resistant.
- The connecting torsion steel rod is strong enough, so it makes the wave board more durable.
- The design is unique to provide better acceleration. You can turn smoothly without pushing.
- It has 78mm PolyUrethane (PU) 360 Degree castor wheels stud with ABEC-5 bearings. So, it gives an appropriate balance for kids. So, as per its design, it is useful for kids above six years of age. It also has another design with ABEC-7 bearings that is suitable for adults.
- For fun and safety, the wheels have colored LED flashlights.
- The wheels are highly elastic and wearable.
- With a high-performance 4Ply torsion bar, it works well.
- The wave board can bear up to 100kg weight.
- It is also portable and weighs less (2.4kg). You will get a carry bag to take it anywhere easily.
- Look-wise it is amusing – it comes with assorted colors and HD-printed designs.
- It sizes 68*60.2*14.5 cm sufficient enough for adults.
- Fun for kids and adults
- A torsion bar that is made of alloy steel and aluminum to give better strength.
- It has an efficient brake system.
- The wheels and wave board deck are lightweight.
- No need for assembly
- It lasts for a longer time.
- It has anti-slip stripes, so you are safe.
- 360-degree castor wheels to give better turnings
- No warranty
Toyify is a famous brand for toy collections. It offers wave boards for kids and adults as well. This Toyify wave board is unique as it has a skateboard deck with lighted wheels. It provides a dual experience of snowboarding and skateboarding.
We recommend this Toyify wave board for professionals and kids with better skating skills to skate with tricks and better turns on roads, streets, and parks. If you are a beginner, you should only learn it under proper guidance as the wheels run a little bit faster on smooth surfaces – the kids may get hurt.
It is multifunctional – you can use it in skateboard rings, driveways, playgrounds, and other outdoor flat surfaces.
- Its design is perfect for boys and girls above six years of age. No matter if you are a learner or a professional. It gives sufficient balance.
- It can bear a weight of up to 100kg (220lbs).
- It is a new wave board customized with a skateboard deck. It comes with a polygon material in different designs and colors and looks attractive.
- The Poly Urethane (PU) 360 Degree caster wheels (78mm) are smooth and designed with ABEC 7 bearings. So, be careful when you are purchasing it for kids.
- The wheels’ hardness level of the durometer is 88A. They are slightly hard and move fast. You may have less grip. With these wheels, you can skate better on rough surfaces and streets.
- LED flashlights of the wheels add excitement to your skating experience and also provide safety during nights.
- The reinforced steel torsion bar is 4Ply and strong enough, so the wave board lasts longer.
- It measures 33*8*9 (in inches) and 35*35*10 (in cm). Adults can feasibly use this without difficulty. It weighs 1.8 kg.
This Toyify two-wheel skateboard comes from KGN manufacturers in China. It provides a better chance to improve body resistance during skating.
- Heavy-duty torsion bar, Strong and Durable
- You can use it on smooth and rough surfaces – even on roads and parks!
- 360 Degree Caster wheels
- LED flashlights on wheels provide safety during the night.
- Available at an affordable price range
- Multiple designs and colors
- It comes with a carry bag to take it anywhere.
- Though it is for learners and professionals, we find it risky for beginners.
- No warranty
- Customer service was poor.
Our next best waveboard is from the family of Oxelo. This waveboard suits best for young children, especially who want to learn surfing and snowboarding. It has smaller wheels when compared with classic model waveboards.
- It is specially made for children from 4 – 7 years, whose who want to learn how to ride / use the waveboard.
- It can easily hold weight for up to 40 – 50 kg, which make it perfect for kids.
- The illuminating polyurethane wheels (68 mm) will lighten up the way and allow them to ride safely and smoothly on flat roads.
- Polypropylene (PP) plastic frame of the board with aluminum torsion bar will make it strong and durable.
- The PU wheels with ABEC 5 bearing (of 88A hardness) will let your child ride smoothly without any pushing.
- 2 years warranty is provided on the board against any manufacturing defects.
The smaller size will definitely let the children use and learn it easily. It looks stylish and attracts with its blue black color. To use the board for a longer time, you have to store the board in a cool, dry place.
- Suits best for young children aged 4 – 7 years.
- Has illuminating PU wheels with ABEC 5 bearings for safe riding.
- Board made with polypropylene with aluminum torsion bar.
- Comes with 2 years’ warranty.
- Value for money
- Suits best only for children below 8 years.
- Won’t come with a carry bag for its transportation.
This Famous Quality multi-board is one of the best street surfing board that comes with smooth maneuverability of skating and snowboarding. It is sturdy, durable, and heavy duty waveboard which suits best for beginners and intermediates.
- It is specially designed for children who are 7+ years old and can easily holds weight more than 100 kg.
- The LED flash colorful lights on wheels will illuminate the board and allows the rider to have a safe riding even at dark or night with its visible PU light wheels.
- It ensures smooth and safe riding with its slip resistant concave deck platform and high grade urethane wheels along with high grade bearings.
- It comes with a carry bag, which let you carry the waveboard around to anyplace you want to practice.
- The interchangeable deck plates, high performance 4 ply torsion bar and built-in grip pattern on traction will allow the user to have a smooth riding.
- It has durable high rebound ABEC 7 wheels with 360-degree caster trucks and shockproof brake will let the rider move comfortably.
- The dimensions of this product are 83 X 23 X 12 cm, which makes it a perfect waveboard.
Simply place this wave board on the flat surface or slightly downward slope and create forward motions by twisting the hips. Make sure to move your front and back feet in opposite directions to enjoy riding on the board.
- It is sturdy, strong and durable waveboard that aids in comfortable riding.
- It has light illuminating PU wheels that helps to ride even at night time.
- Value for money
- 360-degree rotating wheels.
- Comes with anti-skidding and has high flexibility
- Has strong torsion bar for safe riding
- It only suits for beginners but not professionals.
- The quality of wheels / its bearing are not up to the mark.
This heavy duty high quality waveboard will offer full body workout by increasing your balance and improving co-ordination. The multi-color waveboard looks attractive and stylish to ride on it. It is an anti-skid alloy made heavy duty waveboard that suits best for beginners.
- The illuminating PU wheels of the board will make the way visible to ride safely, even at night time.
- It is designed for children (both boys and girls) with 7 years or above age.
- It is sturdy and durable that can easily hold the weight more than 100 kg.
- The alloy made wheels and internal body of the board will make it strong and highly resistance.
- Its anti-slip concave deck platform and high grade urethane wheels with best quality bearings will ensure to rider to have and safe and smooth ride.
- The pivoting deck and 360-degree rotating wheels will allow you to turn board easily without pushing it hard.
- It comes with an easy to carry bag which let you store and carry it around.
It has high performance 4 ply torsion bar, interchangeable deck plates, in-built grip pattern to traction and durable high rebound ABEC 7 wheels will make this rider surf with smooth maneuverability of skating and snowboarding.
- Anti-skidding or slip-resistant concave deck platforms will let your ride smoothly.
- It is sturdy, durable and heavy duty board made with alloy material.
- Illuminating wheels will make the rider safely ride with its visible wheels.
- Comes with a carry bag to store and carry it around.
- Its 360-degree caster trucks will allow you to turn or rotate the board smoothly.
- The quality of the carry bag is not up to the mark.
- Not suitable for adults or children who are 15 years above.
The Jaspo Phantom works to provide the best riding experience by combining high quality materials, cutting edge technology, and innovation, to deliver the right quality products. This board is widely used for existing outdoor playing.
- The illuminating wheels of this board will make the rider safe to ride on anytime. Here the faster the rider go then the brighter will be lights it illuminate.
- It is designed for children who are 7 years or above age and it can easily hold weight up to 100 kg / 220lbs.
- The high grade 80mm polyurethane (PU) wheels with best quality bearing and slip-resistant concave deck platforms will ensure a smooth and safe riding.
- It is lightweight, portable and easily transportable (in a carry bag) which makes it perfect to ride on driveways, playgrounds, skate board rings or on any other smooth surface.
- Get the thrills of surfing on the road with its 360-degree rotating wheels. One can easily work on its balance and co-ordination on this unique cool graphics.
- The 4 ply aluminum torsion bar will connect the deck plates together strongly and allow it to perform well.
The smart printing pattern and easy grip to hold the waveboard will make the rider to practice it properly. The product comes with a phantom wave board with L-keys packed in attractive bag packing. The 34 X 9 inch waveboard will make it perfect for both adults and kids.
- Illuminating PU wheels to make visible all the time.
- Lightweight, portable, and easy to transport around.
- Allows the user to have an easy to work on its balance and synchronized movements.
- The durable high rebound ABEC-7 wheels with high grade bearings will ensure smooth and safe riding.
- Not having perfect finish on grip pattern
- Poor customer service.
What is Wave Board and How Does It Work?
Wave Board is similar to a skate board – a human powered land vehicle. It comes with two narrow platforms called as decks. These decks are combined with torsion bar consisting of a metal beam coated by rubber. Each deck is mounted with a polyurethane caster wheels which have the capability to steer independently. Every caster wheels have steering axis with 360 degrees from vertical position.
Its specially crafted design will let the riders wave to and fro, moving the board forward without using your feet for touching the ground. This is the reason why wave boards have been popular among the people, especially in the teenagers.
How to Choose the Best Wave Board?
Choosing the best caster board is not a simple task as you have to consider several factors. An ideal model has to be chosen by your skill level.
For example, caster boards are suitable for beginners as they excellent grip. Unlike professionals, beginners don’t know how to maintain the balance and stabilize the wave board for while jumping or riding. So, they have to consider something stable and light in weight.
Having an extended size will be appropriate for people who enjoy wide stance and style. For professionals, wave board should be capable of providing control and higher speeds. Be it professional or beginner, you have to make sure it is reliable and easy to operate.
To make sure you purchase the right wave boards suitable for your skills, we recommend to consider the following factors. Read the information provided below carefully to make an informed choice.
1. Weight Capacity
Weight of the wave board is different from weight capacity. It represents the weight limit the wave board can hold or carry. It is represented in terms of Kgs. Wave boards are available for both kids and adults alike. For children, this factor may not be so important. But for fully grown adults, you have to consider to choose a model that can hold more weight than yours.
2. Board Weight
This is the second important factor to consider while purchasing wave board. If the wave board is heavy, then it will be difficult to move. However, for beginners it can offer reassurance and stability. Wave boards that are light in weight have the capability to carry heavier weights.
To decide which model to choose, you have to make the decision wisely. If you have to move a lot, then you should choose light weight wave board as it will be easier to carry around. However, if you practice or use the wave board only at a specific area, then heavier boards are suitable as they provide more stability.
3. Waveboard Deck
When it comes to the deck, rider’s age is the most important consider while analyzing this factor. Most of the manufacturers mentioned the ideal weight and age of the rider in their product specifications section. There are different boards for kids and adults and in general, the board that less than 1.4 m is for children and over 1.4 m for adults.
For riding safely, you should make sure the tail and nose of wave boards are slightly curved for providing better grip on varied surfaces. Concaved shaped wave board decks are considered more comfortable as it provides better control over the movement while you are riding it. Similar to skateboards, wave board comes with different materials like solid wood, maple wood and carbon fiber materials.
4. Torsion Bar
It is used for connecting the two parts of the deck, making it easier to use. The board’s strength and flexibility depends on the quality. You should check out the quality of torsion bar to know its performance. Mostly torsion bars are made up of metals like iron, steel and aluminum. And they are usually coated with rubber. Inside the torsion bar, a strong spring mechanism for a movement adjustment.
As you ride on wave boards, it is very important to check out the quality of wheels. The waveboard comes with 360-degree turning wheel to have a better control over the board. If you’re are beginner, then choose a board with soft wheel to have an easy and comfortable ride. In case, if you’re proficient in riding, then simply choose solid wheels to ride faster with more vibrations.
The harder the wheel, the more one can ride on the board. So, the hardness of the wheels will range from 65A (softest) to 100A (hard/difficult). So, choose the board wheels as per your level of performance. Also, the wheels of this waveboard should be removable and replaceable with the new one overtime.
Different users ride waveboard at different level of comfort and speed (not everyone performs same). So, the bearings are used to increase or reduce the speed as per their comfort levels. It can be scored on the ABEC scale.
- For children – we recommend to choose score of ABEC 1 – 3 bearings as they prevent from increasing speed while riding.
- For beginner adults – Prefer classic bearings that comes with ABEC 5.
- For experienced riders – Opt for ABEC 7 to 9, in which this bearing will reach at faster speeds but won’t offer comfortable driving.
Just like other similar products, it is recommended to consider safety features while making a purchasing. Because, no matter how skillful you are at wave boarding, you may sometimes slip or fall. So, we recommend you to take some safety precautions while riding like wear a suitable helmet, knee pads, shin guards, elbow pads and gloves. Some brands provide them along with the wave board while others don’t.
They provide insights on how long or short the wave board is. If you are tall or have wide body shape, then we recommend to choose long boards as they provide perfect balance. However, if you are short or kid, then smaller boards are suitable.
9. Additional Features
- Carry Bag – Some brands provide L-keys and an additional carry bag to make it easy for you to carry the wave board.
- LED Flash Color Lights on Wheels – These lights illuminate the wheels which makes them rider drive safely. The faster you go, the brighter will be the lights. The colors can be red, green or either blue.
Most of the brands providing wave boards in India give 1-year warranty. Some high-end models provide 2 years of warranty. The warranty period varies depending on model, price and features.
Safety and comfort while riding is main things to consider while deciding the price range, especially, if you’re budget freak. So, buy a waveboard that comes with strong and smooth movement wheels, durable torsion bar and sturdy deck first and then comes the design, its style and other things comes last. So, choose it wisely as per your budget range. Most of the waveboards in India range between Rs.1500 to Rs.4000 based on the model.
How to Ride a Waveboard Safely and Easily?
Below, we have provided a step-by-step process on riding waveboard safely.
1. Wear Proper Safety Gear – To ride the waveboard safely, it is very important to wear comfortable clothing and especially the skateboarding shoes and helmet. The shoes should have flat outer sole as the shoe surface area will be in contact with board, providing better traction.
2. Find Correct Surface to Ride – Once you’ve geared up, you have to choose a spot/place with a smooth, even surface with slightly sloping surface. But make sure not to choose a steep hill or upwards. So, choose the area which is comfortable and safe to ride.
3. Place the Waveboard Properly – Now, you have to place the board on ground. The board’s nose (front end) should point towards where you want to go. Now, you can stand to the side of board in way that front foot is near the noise and back foot at the tail end.
4. Face the toes perpendicular to the board direction – Place your front foot in the center of nose end portion of the board in which faces toes in perpendicular direction. But make sure that it is not tilted one way or other and place the weight in the front foot and lift the back foot up and place it in the center of the tail end portion of the board.
5. Start Moving Feet Back and Forth – Try to move your feet back and forth to gain momentum. When you get ready then start making the motions bigger and bigger till you get continuous motion. Depending on the direction which you’re going, manage your weight either more on the toes of both feet or more on the heels of both feet.
6. Practice Spinning by Pushing Feet in Opposite Movements – You can start by pushing the board forward and start accelerating you. Once you have started increasing the speed, you can gently tilt the dominant foot to right and non-dominant foot to left. This will help you take turns. If you have to turn left, you have to place non-dominant foot to the right. You can practice wiggling for gaining speed and then later make slow turns.
7. Stop the waveboard properly – The final step is stopping the board properly and easily. First you have to reduce the speed. For this, you have to stop reading. Then you can lean forward to stop the wavebaord. Or else, you can hop off the board or steer the board to a patch of grass. The latter option will be safe for the board and the legs.
How to Maintain the Waveboard Properly?
Below are some tips that help you maintain the waveboard in perfect condition and increase its shelf-life.
- You have to pay special attention to the style and design of the deck. Based on this information, you should choose the waveboard based on your preference. Wear appropriate clothes, protective gear (helmet, knee pads) and accessories while riding on it.
- For cleaning any dirt or repainting the rust, you have to remove the bolts first.
- You have to coat the bar with grease or oil for preventing them rust. After that, make sure to attach the bolts properly.
- For cleaning the wheels, you have to first remove them. You can soak the wheels in mineral spirits or varsol. After that, you can lubricate them with oil. Once it is done, you can clean it and reassemble them.
- When are wheels are removed, it will become easier to find the caster bolt. Remove the bolt and ball bearings and try to wash them carefully with water and soap. Dry it thoroughly and grease everything well and reassemble and tighten them.
- Before heading out, make sure to inspect the waveboard hardware. You have to check the parts whether they are properly fitted or not. So, it is just for safety measures.
- Make sure ride only on a dry ground and avoid steep inclines for reducing any chances of falling down.
- If you are new to using a waveboard, then take support from your friend or trainer until you can maintain proper balance while riding the waveboard.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Waveboards are used by people of all ages. However, the mobility and balance will affect the user’s ability to ride over the waveboard. So, get the waveboard in the correct size to get proper balance and thereby to reach from one place to another. then slowly learn the basic technique of riding this waveboards.
The main differences between these two are construction, foot placement, design, power, turnings and others.
Though they look similar, skateboards and caster boards are different. Shape is their first difference – as skateboards have long shape with rounded back and front of the deck. They also have additional features with elevated lips. When it comes to caster boards, they have two separated boards instead of single long deck. Both of these boards have a rod and centered wheels.
Another difference between these two types is the propulsion. When you are riding a caster board, you don’t have to use your feet. You have just apply simple pressure using back heel and front toes. And vice versa for boarding smoothly. However, when it comes to rising a skateboard, you have to use your feet to push off the ground for moving forward.
When it comes to grinding style, skateboards have ideal shape and design for enjoying grinding. With caster boars, the riding style is a bit complicated. The two separate boards and centered wheels are significantly tricky for grinding.
If jumping is considered, both these styles work perfectly well. All jumping types can be performed using caster board and skateboard. However, it can a bit difficult to start leaning jumping with caster board. But with skateboards, you may not fit it that difficult.
The size of the waveboards and skateboard are same, as they range from 31 – 34 inches and most of the manufacturers use this range for normal range and 27 inches for a shorter version. One has to consider the height of the rider will determine the size of the board. Coming to weight, the regular caster board weight is 3.5 kg and the lighter one weighs around 2.2 kg. So, choose it wisely as it depends on the user’s height and weight
Its working principle is very simple. Every wheel of the waveboard individually. This represents that while riding you have alternate the weight between the hips and thrust from one side to another for propelling the waveboard forward.
For stopping the waveboard, you should stop moving the hips and lean forward. It will make your board to stop. Once you get better, it will be easier to jump off the board.
A waveboard is used by people of all ages but the level of balance and mobility will affect the ability of the user to ride on the waveboard. So, get the waveboard in the correct size to get proper balance and thereby to reach from one place to another. then slowly learn the basic technique of riding this waveboards.
Although, both skateboards and waveboards belong to same family but it’s all about basic and advanced versions of boarding/riding. Skateboard is considered as the primary one while the other caster board (waveboards) offer advanced version of boarding and comes in variations in the design and tricks. It differentiates in all matters like deck design and construction, wheel support, foot placement, acceleration and power, turnings and tricks, etc.
The size of the waveboards and skateboard are same, as they range from 31 – 34 inches and most of the manufacturers use this range for normal range and 27 inches for a shorter version. One has to consider the height of the rider will determine the size of the board. Coming to weight, the regular caster board weight is 3.5 kg and the lighter one weighs around 2.2 kg. So, choose it wisely as it depends on the user’s height and weight.
All the above mentioned products are best and widely used for surfing / snowboarding. We recommend Famous Quality Waveboard as our first best product to prefer while purchasing the waveboard. It has various essential features like anti-skidding, easy carrying, PU light wheels, aluminum torsion bar and 360-degree caster wheels. It provides high flexibility and suits for children above 7 years with weight bearing capacity of 100 kg.
Let us know which one you’re going to purchase in this 2021. Do you still have any queries related to this waveboard? Then feel free to share it with us in the below comments box. We will revert you as soon as possible.