- Bucket Type – It is suitable for people who don’t make ice cream regularly. They use ice and salt for freezing the ingredients but churning has to be done manually. It is affordable than other types.
- Canister Type – They are suitable for people who make ice cream regularly. It uses gel containing bowl for freezing the ingredients. Before using this machine, it has to be placed in freezer for 24 hours, so preplanning is compulsory. They are expensive.
- Compressor Type – It comes with a built-in freezer which makes it suitable for people who make ice creams regularly and don’t want to plan things ahead.
Best Ice Cream Makers In India
|Ice Cream Makers||Type||Capacity||Warranty||Buy Now|
|Kitchenif||Canister type||1.5 Liter||1 Year||Check the Price|
|Cuisinart ICE-70||Canister type||2 Liter||3 Years||Check the Price|
|Mr. Freeze EIM-700T||Canister type||2 -3 cups||1 Year||Check the Price|
|Sunbeam Polar||--||2 cups||No Warranty||Check the Price|
|Hershey’s Dual||Canister type||2 cups||1 Year||Check the Price|
|Cuisinart ICE-21||Canister type||1.5 Liter||3 Years||Check the Price|
|Hamilton Beach||Canister type||1.5 Liter||1 Year||Check the Price|
Best Ice Cream Maker Reviews In IndiaKitchenif comes handy in a world of ice-cream makers where most of them are either expensive or requires manual churning. It is one of those brands which have popularized ice-cream makers in India and its mind-blowing performance has made it the topper on our list. If you are a person who wants to learn how to make ice cream at home, this one should be your choice as it boasts a comparatively less cooling time and a safety lock.Enjoy bucket full of fresh frozen ice-cream, and desserts free from any preservatives/additives and made with seasonal fruits and flavors. With its 1.5 L large bowl, it makes a whopping 6-7 scoops of ice-cream in one go within 30 minutes. The nice cube shaped design can fit into 80% of the double door refrigerators.A wide mixing paddle is able to make a variety of other desserts like sorbet, slush and yoghurt. Twist and un-lift the upper part to add chilled ingredients into the double insulated frozen bowl and enjoy desirable desserts any time!The 4 raised handles make it easy to carry and hold. It is easy to clean as well! Just press the lock key at the bottom of the upper lid, separate the motor and get it washed.An elegant transparent lid with a safety lock feature ensures that the ice-cream mixture doesn’t spill out. A small spout on the front lid lets you add ingredients without opening the top cover each time.The electric ice-cream maker makes lesser noise compared to others; noise level is 70Db which is safe to your ears. It is backed up by 1 year of warranty.Furthermore, it comes with a free recipe book from which you can make and try different types and flavors of ice-creams.How to use?
- Plan the day before making ice-cream, take the insulated bowl and refrigerate it for about 12-18 hours.
- Place the frozen bowl inside quickly before it starts to defrost
- Put the mixing paddle on the freezer bowl.
- Switch on the Kitchenif Ice-cream maker.
- Start adding ingredients through the small opening on the lid, while the mixing paddle is rotating and the machine is on.
- Let the ice-cream maker run for good 20 to30 minutes
- Ice-cream will be ready on time depending on the volume of total ingredients and recipe
- If you like ice-cream in the soft serving stage, serve it immediately
- For chilled ice-cream, transfer it into another bowl with lid and freeze it for 2-3 hours
- Large bowl with 1.5 litres capacity
- Makes quick ice-cream in just 30 seconds
- Safety lock
- Spout opening for easy adding of ingredients
- Easy to clean detachable bowl
- 1 year of warranty
- Not suitable for single door refrigerators
- As it a canister type ice cream maker you should freeze the bowl for about 20-24 hours. Then, fix it to the machine and pour all the ingredients.
- Now, you can place the dasher and close the lid. Here, you should preset the timer and afterwards switch on the machine.
- Once the ice cream is ready the machine shuts down automatically. So, you can transfer it into an airtight box and freeze it.
- It has digital panel which provides hassle free operation.
- Large capacity of the bowl
- Good quality mixing paddle
- Preset timer.
- You can prepare ice cream, gelato, sorbet and yogurt also.
- Small opening on the lid allows you to add mix-ins easily.
- Bowl requires 20-24 hours to get frozen.
- Produces high noise.
- Little bit Expensive.
- Initially prepare the ice cream mixture and refrigerate it for 2-3 hours. Then, pour the mixture into the insulated bowl and close the lid.
- Now, press the button either hard or soft and later turn on the switch.
- Once the ice cream is ready the machine starts to make beeping sound. Then, you can switch off the machine.
- Environment friendly thermo-electric cooling system.
- Transparent lid.
- Low noise that is less than 60 dB.
- Silicon spatula avoids scratches on the bowl.
- You cannot add mix-ins during the churning process because it doesn’t have separate opening.
- Easy to use
- Small in size and lightweight
- Parts are easily washable
- Good quality plastic that is BPA free
- Parts are not dishwasher safe
- Here, all you need to do is initially take out the mugs and freeze them.
- On the other side you can prepare the ice cream mixture and keep it ready.
- Once the mugs are frozen place them properly on the device and keep the paddles in it.
- Now, close the entire device by keeping the lid and motor above it.
- Then, you can use funnels and place them near the opening to pour the mixture into the mug.
- Make sure you put proper measurement of mixture otherwise it may come outside and increase your cleaning work.
- When everything is set up properly you can switch it on and leave for about 20-3 minutes.
- Then, turn off the device and consume the ice cream.
- 2 insulated mugs
- Produces very low sound
- 2 ingredients funnel
- Easy to wash
- It doesn’t consists of alarm.
- Large capacity
- It is very easy to clean because the bowl is detachable
- The rubber feet avoid any kind of damage to the device.
- Good quality BPA free paddles.
- Bowl is not dishwasher safe.
- Easy to clean as you can separate all the parts
- Comes with a free user manual
- Allows you to mix the add-ons easily.
- It has large capacity of 1.5 quarts ice-cream.
- The frozen bowl starts to warm up very soon
- None of the parts of machine are dishwasher safe.
- Makes little bit noise.
Buying Guide – Ice Cream MakerThough it is a simple piece of kitchen appliance, choosing among varied options makes it difficult. That is why, we have provided all the information below to help you make the right choice.
Types of Ice Cream Maker MachinesBased on working methods and time consumption, ice cream makers are divided into three different types. Read the detail explanation below to understand which type suits best to you.
1. Ice and Salt (Bucket) MachineThis type uses ice and salt for freezing the ingredients – it is the oldest technique of making ice cream. It contains a long metal canister which is placed in a bucket filled with ice and salt. Liquid mixture is poured into the canister. It is churned using the dasher while salt and ice cools it down.Salt maintain the lower temperature of the ice so that the mixture can freeze into ice. Any type of salt can be used for this process but some people generally prefer rock salt.During olden times, hand crank used to manually churn the mixture. But modern ice cream machines come with electric motor that takes away all the hard work. Few modern machines come with both options – motor will complete the most of the churning and at the end, you can finish it using your hands.Benefits
- Pre-chilling of the bowl is not required. So you can make ice creams or frozen desserts whenever you want them.
- You can make another batch immediately after making one batch.
- These machine can make ice cream in big quantities (4 to 6liters) at a time. So, you can make lots of frozen dessert within less time.
- A lit amount of pre-planning required. You have to make sure you have plenty of ice and salt before starting the process.
- The process can get messy sometimes.
- You should keep a close eye on the machine as you may have to add salt or ice whenever required.
- If you are purchasing a bigger machine, then you should consider storage requirements as well.
2. Canister (Frozen Bowl) MachinesAs they are moderately priced, canister ice cream makers are suitable for everyone. They contain a bowl with freezing element. You have to place this bowl in a freezer for 1 or 2 days. After that, you can place the bowl in the ice cream maker and add the ingredients. Now you can start the machine and ice cream will be ready in 10 to 15 minutes. These are suitable for people who plan things in advance.Benefits:
- Easy to use than bucket mode. You can just add the mixture, turn the machine on and come back after 3 minutes.
- As there is no ice or salt to deal with, they don’t leave any mess.
- Being compact, they are perfect for small kitchen and easy to store when not in use.
- They are affordably priced, last long and low in maintenance.
- Bowl should be placed in freezer for at least 6 hours before using. So, pre-planning is compulsory required.
- Bowl of this ice cream maker are not small, so you have to check whether your freezer has enough space or not.
- Their bowl capacity is smaller than ice and salt machines. They can make 1 or 2liter frozen dessert per batch.
- Not suitable for making large capacities at a time as you cannot make back to back batches.
3. Compressor MachinesCompressor type are digital ice cream makers. Compared to above two types, they are expensive. They contain a compressor which churns and freezes the ingredients to make ice cream quickly. They provide smooth textured ice cream within less time.These machines also have certain smart features like speed control, temperature setting and others. They can store ice cream for long time without letting it melt.Benefits:
- Most convenient and flexible to use. You don’t have to put bowl in the freezer beforehand. There is no ness that is usually caused by the ice and salt machines.
- You can make ice cream whenever you want to eat. Once a batch is finishes, you can make another batch immediately. So, it is perfect for large families.
- They come with more options and features than other models. Some smart features include auto-shut off, ice cream storage, and different mode settings like gelato or sorbet.
- Being big and heavy, they can occupy space on your kitchen platform.
- Their capacity is similar to canister model.
- Expensive than other types.
How to Choose an Ice Cream Maker?Once you have decided which type of ice cream maker machine you need, next important thing to consider is the factors. We have mentioned them clearly below…
1. CapacityThis is the most important factors, especially if you have large family or like to entertain guests regularly. Choose a capacity size according to your requirements. This is even more important when you are purchasing canister type of ice cream maker. Because you have to freeze the bowl in the refrigerator for almost 1 or 2 days. So, if the capacity is less, then you will not have the option of whipping up another batch immediately.When it comes to compressor models, they don’t come with huge capacities, but you can make back to back batches immediately. For higher capacity, ice and salt machines are perfect but they are very slow. They are available in 2, 3 or 4 liter capacities. You can make back to back batches with this machine.
2. SpeedSpeed varies depends on models and type of ice cream maker. While choosing an ice cream, it is important to note that the bowl requires pre-freezing for at least few hours to overnight. If you want to make ice cream same day or instantly whenever you want, then go for compressor model. To know time taken for making one batch of ice cream, check the specifications mentioned by the manufacturer.
3. TextureFor some consumers, texture is a very important factor. Compressor ice creams produce smooth ice cream than other types. Frozen bowl or ice/salt machines provide more control over the ice cream texture by providing speed variation to dasher.For thicker texture, slow speeds work effectively. For lighter and thinner texture, it is better to go for faster speeds. Faster speeds prevent ice crystals formation so it can provide better texture.
4. Bowl SizeThis feature mainly important if you are choosing a canister type of ice cream machine. As it contains a freezing bowl, you have to make sure it fits into your refrigerator or freezer rack. So, check out the measurements of the bowl before making the purchase.
5. Mixing PaddleIn manual ice cream makers, hand paddle is used for churning the ingredients. Electric ice cream makers use mixing arm. So, while purchasing, make sure the mixing arm is durable. If the mixer can handle faster speeds, then it can provide ice cream quickly with better texture. Among all the materials, prefer stainless steel mixing paddle.
6. Spinning BladesAs it has rust resistance, stainless steel is usually preferred option for spinning blades. This material can aerate the ingredients perfectly and provide better texture for ice cream.
7. Frozen Treat TypesApart from making ice cream, some of these machines has additional capabilities like Frozen Yogurt, Gelato, and Sorbet. Not all ice cream machines have this functionality. So, make sure to check the models for its ability of specific functions you are interested. You have to check the hardness setting function for the same.
8. Ease of UseMain difference between the models and types of ice cream is ease of making homemade ice cream process. Compressor ice cream is the best option as it completes most of the work for you. It comes with several features that make the controlling or operation much easy. It has intuitive digital display which makes it control the machine and set the features you want. A light weight and easy to life bowl ensures easy transferring of ice cream.
9. NoiseNoise is common in any appliance with electric motor. Some generate more while some are as silent as whispering. If you are noise sensitive, then you should consider this factor as well. Among all the types, bucket ice cream makers make loud noise.
10. Ease of CleaningThe biggest task when using the machine is its cleaning, as it should be cleaned after every use. It will be easy if you can remove the parts then clean. Compressor or canister type have a detachable bowl which can be washed easily, these models can be preferred if cleaning is the consideration.If cleaning is not the preference, then you can go with bucket type machine that is less expensive. This type comes with the attached bowl with machine.
11. Auto-Turn OffAutomatic this is the feature we prefer in all the products. If this feature is present in ice cream maker, there is no need to pay attention to it every time and you can carry out other work simultaneously. It also saves electricity. Ice cream makers provide beep sound when ice cream is ready. This alarm helps you turn off the machine as soon the machine gives the sound.
12. Features and Extras:
- Extra Frozen Bowl: Few frozen bowl ice cream makers come with extra bowl or they sell additional one which can make it easy for you start the making of ice cream every time you are ready for the batch.
- Ready Bell: As your ice cream is done the ready bell inform you with a sound.
- Stay Cool Function: A stay cool function gives you flexibility to take your time, to save the trouble of having to eat or transfer your ice cream as it’s done.
- Hardness Options: You can choose the preferred thickness for your ice cream as they have different setting option.
- Cool Down Function: Compressor models allow you to get the ice cream faster as they have cool down function.
- Digital Display: Digital Display helps you to choose temperature and change settings easily.
Advantages of Using Ice Cream Maker at HomeThere are many benefits of having ice cream maker at home. We have mentioned them below for your information.
- Fresh & Healthy Home Made Ice Cream: Ice creams that we buy are filled with added preservatives to increase their shelf life and high level sugar which are harmful for everyone. Having ice cream makers at home lets you prevent preservatives and also add the ingredients according to your taste that keeps you healthy.
- One Machine, Multiple Recipes: Apart from making ice creams, you can make many dishes like gelato, slush, frozen yoghurt, sorbet with the same machine by not buying any additional parts.
- Experiment with Different Flavors: For people who like to try new recipes with different ingredients, buying ice cream makers is the best choice as they can try many dishes with one machine.
- Choose you’re Ingredients: For people allergic to food ingredients like lactose, gluten, sugar or nuts, ice cream makers are the good choice as you can skip these ingredients and still enjoy the taste of the ice cream.
Frequently asked questions?
This depends on the type of the ice cream makers. If you want to prepare ice cream immediately within 30-40 minutes then, use canister type of ice cream maker.
As there are 3 types of ice cream makers the cleaning method also differs from each other. If you have bucket type or compressor type ice cream makers then all you need to do is just take a wet cloth and clean it properly. But the canister type ice cream maker has a detachable insulated bowl which can be cleaned using soap water and normal water.
Salt lowers the temperature of the water and maintains the cold temperature of the ice cream. So, the combination of salt and ice is used for bucket type ice cream makers.
There are number of brands available in India. By research we have listed out top 7 best ice cream makers and chosen Kitchenif digital ice cream maker as our first product because of the best features. The features it has are large capacity, efficient working, etc.
Ice-cream makers make some noise while operating but there are few machines which makes heavy noise in the range of 70-75 dB. There are some ice cream makers which doesn’t make noise at all.