Choosing a right faucet will definitely add a special look to the home décor (for both bathroom and kitchen). There are different styles, designs and features will allow you to dress up and personalize your space. You should consider both its functionality and aesthetics for the faucets before buying.
But before purchasing this faucet, you have to keep these 3 main things in your mind to grab the best one. Let’s know what those main things to consider are.
Types of Faucets – Before purchasing, you have to know what type of faucets you are preferring for usage. Although, there are various types of faucets (get detailed information in buying guide) available but you have to choose the best the suits your requirement and décor.
Material with Finish – Generally, the taps are made of stainless steel, chrome, copper or brass in which the brass made faucets are durable and suits for the traditional look theme. The chrome taps gives aesthetic option and steel is a common faucet material.
Space – You have to check the space availability before purchasing. In general, the basic faucets suits for small spaced bathrooms. So, avoid choosing the basin mixer if you have less space.
Here in this article, we are providing you with a Buying Guide (a comprehensive overview) to know its style, materials, finishes and their functionality along with the some best top rated faucets in Indian online market.
Best Faucets in India
|Best Faucets||Material||Suits Best||Color||Warranty||Buy Now|
|Kohler Cuff Health Faucet||ABS||Bathroom||White||3 Years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Alton SHR20855 ABS Health Faucet||ABS (with steel hose pipe)||Bathroom||White||1 Year||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Asian Paints EssEss Faucet||ABS (with PVC pipe)||Bathroom||White||3 Years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Cera F8030103 Health Faucet||ABS (with steel rubber hose)||Bathroom||Silver||7 Years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Hindware F160013 ABS Health Faucet||ABS (with PVC flexible hose)||Bathroom||Silver||1 Year||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|ALTON Brass Sink Cock Faucet||Brass with Chrome Finish||Kitchen||Black||7 Years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|HOMELODY Single Handle Faucet||Stainless Steel||Kitchen||Satin Nickel Finish||5 Years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|10X Sink Tap Flexible Faucet||Shower – ABS & Spout – Stainless Steel||Both Kitchen and Bathroom||Silver||1 Year||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Hindware F280026CP Faucet||Stainless Steel||Both Bathroom and Kitchen||Silver||12 Years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|10X Honey Brass Faucet||Brass with Stainless Steel||Both Bathroom and Kitchen||Silver||5 Years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
10 Best Faucets in India: Reviews 2020
Here are some best rated faucets in Indian online market (as per the ratings and reviews on the product). All you need is to choose the best one that suits your requirement of home décor and budget.
Kohler is an international well-known brand for its quality products. It is a modern design that comes with white head and black jet area that blends well with toilet area and feels hygienic. This premium hygiene spray has G 1/2-inch thread connection. This bathroom faucet include an extended 1200mm metal hose and handle, which is flexible, durable and ease of use.
The product is tested for its performance in certain conditions like low water pressure and poor water quality to know the screen washer prevent clogging or not. The company is offering 3 years warranty for the product from the date of purchase.
How to Clean Faucets – Test the cleaning solution on the inconspicuous area before applying. Wipe surfaces clean and rinse completely with water after applying cleaner. If overspray lands on nearby surfaces the rinse and dry it with a soft, dampened sponge or cloth but not with abrasive material like scrubbing pad or brush. Don’t allow cleaners to soak on the surfaces.
- Material – ABS
- Color – White
- Warranty – 3 years
- Dimensions – 270 X 200 X 50 mm
- Length of tube/pipe – 1.2 m
- Size of Fixture – 1/2 inch
- Can be fitted to any company wall hung or floor mount toilet seat.
- Made of combination of metal and plastic
- Comes with an attractive, elegant and artistic design
- A do it yourself fitting (or) you can call your local plumber to fix it properly.
- It is a bit hard to clean the salt, mud or sand that accumulated in the gun. Also, there is no effective way to clean any blockages that clogs in the nozzle (thin nozzle holes), especially for the places with high saline content in the water.
This Alton Health Faucet is made of heavy duty ABS and SS – 304 Grade and comes with 1.25 meter flexible hose pipe and wall hook. It is tested for its superior performance in poor water quality and low water pressure conditions as screen washer prevent clogging.
The Alton sets the standard for outstanding design and innovation. They are tested to bring quality and comfort to your bathroom. The material used for this faucet is heavy duty ABS that ensure you for leak free and also resist to high pressure and thereby avoid blasting.
This product will ensure you for the smooth and free flow of water without any noise. Remember that the higher water pressure will make the water flow bigger but when the pressure exceeds 0.14 gpm, the water flow remain constant. The stylish wall mounted hook will enhance the interior design along with providing the class to you décor.
- Warranty – 1 year
- Color – White
- Hose Pipe – 1.25 meter
- Weight – 299 grams
- Installation Threading Size – 1/2 inch
- This modern design looks amazing (with ceramic finish wall hook) and comes with pulse water spray (excellent water pressure) for fast cleaning and also saves water.
- Easy and convenient to use in your daily life – personal hygiene, taking bath for pets, cleaning washrooms, etc. without any leak and no water pressure problems.
- The explosion proof with chrome finish along with brass coupling and nuts make it a corrosion – resistant and durable along with built to resist scratches.
- Avoid cleaning this faucet with strong chemicals why because it may result in dullness of chrome finish.
- Some customers report that the quality is not up to the mark.
This EssEss faucet is an electric range of bath products from the house of Asian Paints that is rich in both functionality and design. They provide a resolution within 96 working hours along with 3 year free service. The EssEss will bring you a smart and intriguing world of ergonomically sculpted and innovatively designed bath concepts.
It is good at low pressure water flow and this is made of heavy duty ABS material. The brass piston that used internally which is tested for 50000 life cycles. The high quality finish will ensure durability and also deliver a rust free experience.
How to install – It comes with everything we need like health faucet, hose pipe and a wall hook in which they all make you to install it easily. This handheld jet spray is connected easily to the existing fitting.
- Warranty – 3 years
- Weight – 399 grams
- Hose Pipe – 1.2M length
- Color – White
- It comes with features like high flow jet spray, leakproof white PVC pipe, durable, sleek and contemporary design & foma lite.
- It offers with free service and free repair for this product till it covered under warranty.
- The water pressure is enormous and can be used best for cleaning.
- It is not suitable for high pressure water flow.
- The lever is slightly delicate
This CERA model health faucet will meet the requirement that doesn’t leak or rust. It is made of acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) plastic and this faucet comes with a thin 0.3 – 0.5 micron chromium plating to get a shiny stainless steel finish. It comes with 1 meter long to ensure you easy to handle the faucet and the wall hook makes it easy to put on the bathroom wall.
The nozzle work efficiently and the pressure can be controlled by using its handle. The rubber hose helps to maintain it easily without any hassle of rust.
- Primary Material – Stainless Steel
- Weight – 354 grams
- Warranty – 7 years
- Hose Pipe Length – 1 meter
- Color – Steel
- It comes with rust resistant (enhance the look and feel of the washroom), glossy shine (comes with a thin chromium plating to give a shiny and stainless finish) and rubber hose (easy to handle and durable).
- The pore openings are thicker than any other normal faucets and suitable for low pressure and high pressure water flows.
- The faucet has ABS body with wall hook and 1 – meter stainless steel braided rubber hose.
- You can fit this faucet with any bib cock and it is not connected directly to a tap, as it connects on an angle cock.
- Some customers report that the quality of this product is not up to the mark and the water is leaking.
This hindware faucet comes with a consistent powerful spray at high pressure water flow (with adequate water) as well as under the low water pressure. This brings your bathroom a single flow overhead shower with latest designs and quality material.
You can operate it with any wall mixer that comes with a provision of diverter or overhead shower arrangement. It stays lustrous with bright shine due to its mirror – like reflective body and works for longer time.
It comes with a stunning symmentry and sharp design to provide a stylish effect. You can fix it easily to any bib or stop cock with the tube and a wall hook that attaches to the wall to hold this faucet. The anti-clogging nozzles will prevent blocking and the wide spray will allow you to have full coverage.
- Coating – Chrome Plating
- Hose Pipe Length – 1.2M
- Weight – 458 grams
- Material – ABS
- Warranty – 12 year
- It is operated with trigger control and the wall hook gets attached to the wall to hold this faucet.
- This has to be used in WC area in which it is fixed to bib cock 2 in 1 or angular stop cock with the tube and the rubbit technology will definitely ensures no blockages in nozzles.
- It comes with features like mirror look technology, proper functioning, effective water flow, perfect design, anti-clogging nozzles and easy to install.
- Suitable for both high pressure and low pressure water flows.
- Some customers report that the edge of the threaded part of this faucet is uneven and sharp and cut the washer and leaked.
This Alton brass sink cock with black flexible silicone swivel spout can rotated to everywhere which is quite useful this kitchen faucet in any situation. Although, its handle is been prepared with a special materials. The silicon can make you rotate in any direction and straighten up without any scar marks on it.
The high quality & long lasting silicone will come with reliable ceramic cartridge that survive for about 500,000 times on and off test (opening and closing). You can get control and convenience to use with its sophisticated ceramic engineering.
- Material – Brass
- Finish – Chrome
- Color – Black
- Warranty – 7 years
- Length of the pipe – 15 cm (or) 1.5 feet
- It enhance the beauty of the area with its gentle curves along with sleek pattern.
- Rotate it in any comfortable direction or simply straighten up without any scar marks.
- Highly durable with long lasting high quality silicon.
- The aerator is specially designed for intelligent softening bubbler with no splash, powerful cleaning and softening foaming.
- A little bit pricey product
This Homelody stainless steel is a single swan neck handle that has double flow (spray and stream) and high arc 360 degree rotating swivel spout. This faucet comes with 2 effluent effects – aerated flow (suitable for frequent washing) and spray mode (suitable for large cleaning areas like pots) in which both makes your work simple and convenient.
The lead free stainless steel with brushed nickel will resist corrosion and tarnishing which gives healthy water for daily usage. The 360-degree swivelling will make it suitable for both double and single bowl kitchen sink. The single lever is easier to get the desired water temperature – cold & hot mixer faucet. It is easy to install without the help of plumber and best suits for every kitchen.
The ceramic disc cartridge will survive for 500,000 times for open and close test with smooth and pressure to ensure the longevity.
- Material – Stainless Steel
- Hole Size – 42 mm
- Finish – Satin Nickel Finish
- High – 350 mm
- Spout Reach – 220 mm
- Spout Height – 250 mm
- Working Temperature – 4⁰ to -90⁰ C
- Hose – 50 cm (stainless hose – G1/2)
- Warranty – 5 years
- It comes with anti-spray that won’t cause splashing, soft, reduce noise and comfortable that makes you to clean the utensils and effective water saving (bubble aerator mixes 70% water and 30% air).
- You can use either stream mode or spray mode as per your convenience.
- The single lever high arc 360 degree rotating swivel spout that is convenient to make use of both hot water and cold water.
- It uses high quality material that protect the tap from dust mites and provides corrosion & rust resistant to keep it fresh for long lasting.
- You can install it easily without any need of plumbers
- Works best if you have good water pressure
10X Faucet with double flow will create a transitional look for exceptional beauty, reliability and innovative design to perfectly balance your water pressure. It comes with features like the unique design will make it stable and its height will enable you to meet the daily kitchen requirement. The high arc spout with 360⁰ rotation that definitely offers you with a variety of sink activities.
The dual water features such as shower and foam flow will make you clean it perfectly. Also, the lead free solid brass casting body construction will comes with durable and long lasting usage.
- Material – Honey Brass (Shower – ABS and Spout – Stainless Steel)
- Size – 15 mm
- Length of the spout – 50 cm
- Warranty – 1 year
- Threading Size – 1/2 inch
- It comes with dual flow – shower pattern and spray (or foam) pattern along with spill proof bubbler.
- It is highly durable and made of strong quality products.
- The flexible 360 degree rotations (or movements) will give your perfect cleaning and also it comes after 100% factory tested.
- It also acts as a perfect faucet for a perfect bathroom.
- Some customers report that the quality of the product is not up to the mark and also not suitable for high pressure water flows.
This modern faucet will bring the bathroom or kitchen to subtle and glamourous. The sink cock with a flexible long arched spout will make the water coverage area quite large and thereby makes you use it convenient and comfortable.
The black beauty aerator style of this sink cock with size M22 will definitely allow you for a convenient water flow at both high and low water pressure. The mirror – like reflective body of this cock will remain it shine bright and lustrous for a longer period to make it look as new and fresh.
The refined look with sleek pattern and gentle curves will enhance the beauty of the area where it is installed. It is easy to install with a wall mount hassle – free that reduces the installation time and clutter.
- Warranty – 12 years
- Aerator Size – Black Beauty
- Size – M22
- Material – Stainless Steel
- Spindles Size – M 28 X 5P
- Weight – 0.8 KG
- Hole Diameter – 1.8 cm
- Color – Chrome Finish
- Dimension – 24.1 X 14 X 6.4 cm
- Weight – 798 grams
- It comes with wide water coverage area, perfect aerator style (suitable for water flow at any water pressure) and mirror look technology to stay bright and stylish.
- It is compact and easy to wall mount (or install) and comes with chrome robotic electroplating for everlasting lustrous shine.
- The high arc spout comes with swivel around to have large water coverage area.
- The handle moves in only one direction (left side).
- Some customers report that quality of this product is not up to the mark, as it starts leaking water from the tap after some repeated usages.
This is another product from 10X flexible faucets with double flow in which the spout creates a transitional look to suit for all types of kitchen and bathroom styles. It comes with some unique features like its design makes it more stable with suitable height to meet the demand of most of the household kitchen sinks. The high arc spout with 360 degree rotation will offer you with a variety of sink activities. The dual water flow (shower and foam) will help you in perfect cleaning.
- Material – Stainless Steel
- Size – 15 mm
- Color – Silver
- Mounting – Table
- Threading Length – 2.5 inches
- Warranty – 5 years (leakage warranty)
- It comes with brass cartridge with brass bar, brass body, KTS ceramic disc and silicon gasket that gives long service life.
- It is not for wall mounted, it is table mounted and has high durability and longevity.
- The flexible movements with dual flow and spill proof technology will definitely make this faucet as one of the best for both kitchen and bathrooms.
- This single lever faucet also comes with high quality shower attachment but we can’t change the water temperatures.
- Unable to work on low pressure water area.
Not suitable for single hole washbasins and suitable for medium kitchen sinks.
Buying Guide for Faucets – How to choose the Best One:
To get the best faucet, you have to know what to look and how to explore the options while purchasing. The type of finish, kind of use, configuration of sink the faucet serve, etc. has to be considered before buying to suit for your interior style and budget.
Types of Faucets
There are various types and styles of faucets available for bathrooms or kitchen by depending on their size, finish, material & functionality. Just go through these and find the best one.
1. Full Turn
Full turn knobs are traditional knob that used for hot and cold water, where the pressure of water flow was controlled by turning on and off the knob. It is widely used for basin and bath/shower.
Basin – These knobs are usually fitted on the sink. They are suitable for the single hole or has one or two handles in which the user can turn the knob fully to run the water.
Bath/Shower – The type of faucet are wall mounted, which requires a separate valve and drain for installation. It won’t suitable for basins that has prevailed holes. Although, the spout is long enough for adequate basin clearance but check whether the sink is deep enough to prevent the splashing of water on the countertops or floor.
The taps which are made with technology that always allow a fixed quantity of 750 ml of water flow with every press of the knob. This provides ease of operation along with saving the water.
Sensor Faucets – This prismatic sensor operated faucet comes with a standard predetermined timer in which it allows the water flow when you need to rinse your hands and stops after you remove your hands. This will help to control the water flow and prevents its wastage.
3. Quarter Turn
This type of knob will help to reduce the water consumption without affecting the water pressure or its flow. These knobs are using in the place of traditional full turn knobs why because they enable smooth movement and are durable than basic knobs.
4. Stop Cock
This basic type is used to control the water flow in the pipe line in the bathroom, which are widely used in the geyser and toilet shower water flow mechanism. Various designs and finish are available with this model.
5. Single Lever
The single lever faucet works best on both high pressure and low pressure water flow. They mixes cold and hot water by smooth movement and makes it easy to use along with adjusting its temperature and flow at a time whereas the double levers makes you mix both hot and cold water separately by depending on your preference. Cartridge needs to be replaced after some time by turning off the stopcock and look at the tutorial to replace for its proper functioning.
6. Pillar Cock
It is widely used in the bathrooms and kitchen basins, as it provides enough space between the basin and the faucet for washing utensil or hands. Although, there are various types and designs available in which you have to choose your best.
7. Wall Mixer
This mixer is fitted on the wall with cold and hot water knob along with a spout attached. It comes in two variations – 2 in 1 (has overhead shower with attached spout and hot & cold water knobs) and 3 in 1 wall mixers (overhead shower with a spout unit and a telephonic/hand shower). However, it is installed on the wall, you can easily change or repair the unit whenever needed. They uses the mechanism of quarter turn knob and fixed at 36 inches from the floor for convenient space.
8. Shower Mixer
This combines both hot and cold water and supplies to the shower system for showering. It suits best for the existing toilet connections and also comes at a low cost than wall mixer.
9. Sill Cock
It is generally fixed at the house outside wall to reach the garden hoses. This cock are made with heavy red brass. The anti-siphon frost proof sill cock will employ the back flow devices and integral back-siphon. In freezing climates, this type will allow you for the usage of outside spigot in which inside the heated building, the closing member is located.
10. Laundry Faucet
It mounts either on the wall above the tub or laundry tubs. The fiberglass tubs will require a ledge faucet that has 4 inches centers while furnished comes with a standard 3 – 3/4 inches hose thread outlet on the spout.
11. Tub or Shower Faucet
The cold and hot mix comes in a single arm and these comes in a variety patterns that can be built into the flush or wall mounted above bathtub. It comes with three valve shower and bath faucets in which the two valves will control water and the third one diverts water through showerhead or spout.
12. Compression Faucet
Compression faucet (or stem faucet or washer type). Whenever the spindle turns down, the disk or washer attached to the lower end. If it is tightly pressed on the smoothly finished ring then it surrounds the opening flow to close the water flow.
13. Kitchen Faucets
They generally, comes in a combination style in which the cold and hot water mix in a single arm. They also available in several patterns. Some are listed below.
- The ledge mounted faucet is generally mounted in horizontal position.
- The wall mounted is connected to pipes which comes through the wall above the sink and they are mounted in vertical position.
- The standard lavatory faucets are simply made with 4 inches centers.
- The common size in these kitchen sink or faucets comes is 8 inches center but also 4 & 6 inches available in the market.
- The wide spread faucets made with adjustable center measurements for up to 12 inches.
- Coming to concealed faucets, they are mounted under the sink and comes only with handle flanges and spout visibility.
- Whereas the exposed faucets are generally mounted on the top of the sink either without or with sprays.
- The mixing faucet (or single lever) is used as swing spout kitchen taps, bath faucets and lavatory faucets, which gets operated with just the push of the upright lever straight for opening both cold and hot water and comes with an advantage of closing and opening it quickly.
- The Over the Counter faucets are easy to install why because it makes you not to crawl under the sink to reach behind the basin to secure this faucet. Simply factory installed flexible supply lines along with a spring loaded toggle and screw head concealed for fixing this faucet.
14. Pull –Down Faucet
This faucet is one of the popular choices in these days. The pull down faucet comes as a gooseneck design and spout with an extension to pull down. It not only improves maneuverability but also keeps your kitchen. You have to pull the spout down and minimize splashing but may not be great for shallow sinks.
15. Pull – Out Faucet
It is an improved version that makes to pull the entire head out and move it into the desired direction. You will get maximum maneuverability but it might cause some splashes. Also, you can fill this pan or pot while it is still on the countertop.
Things to Consider for Bathroom and Kitchen Faucets
The water pressure system (high or low) will play a major role in choosing the faucet that suits best. Also, the water disposal and waste system (drainage) is also considered. Other things includes….
In general, the taps are made of stainless steel, chrome, copper or brass in which the brass made faucets are durable and suits for the traditional look theme. The chrome taps gives aesthetic option and steel is a common faucet material. Also, there are wide range of color themes, you have to choose your best and most suited.
2. Bathroom Faucet Handles
Generally, we observe handwheels or capstans, levers and moulded grip bathroom tap handles. Let’s know them in detail.
Levers – The latest version of tap handles that used for both basin and bath faucets. It comes with many in-built features such as diverters, thermostat, etc. It is easy to use and maintain them. You can turn on or off easily by using your elbow or back of the hand, which means it helps to keep them clean and hygiene.
Handwheels or Capstans – It is a traditional style that are built with 4 small handles to turn the tap with proper grip. It is in demand due to its easy fitting and handling options.
Moulded Grip Bathroom Tap Handles – These are available in plastic or metal with pre-designed moulds to provide the proper grip of the tap to turn and use. However, they give less grip than capstans but used widely for sinks and basins rather than bath taps.
Cross – head Taps – These are popular that used to add or preserve the charm in the bathroom. Although, they are sleeker than traditional handles but simply comes with easy to operate twisting mechanism.
Before purchasing the faucet, you have to check the space availability. In general, the basic faucets suits for small spaced bathrooms. So, avoid choosing the basin mixer if you have less space. Check the model whether it suits your space and home décor.
Choose the perfect faucet wisely from the various models available in the market according to your budget. Although, they come with higher price but choose the one that comes as a value for money proposition along with stylish look of the product.
The chrome effect finishes are popular among basin taps. They come with a wide range of bathroom and basin styles that suits from traditional to super-sleek contemporary styles. To create a traditional look, choose brass fitting with a high gloss finish. Remember that you can easily maintain a high quality finish without getting scratched from the wear and tear. Other things to consider are.
Oil Rubbed Bronze – The best fashionable finish is this oil rubbed bronze. This finish is not getting considered by the potential customers. However, it finish will definitely change the appearance of this sink or faucet.
Aspect – Almost all the people choose stainless steel finish or chromed finish, which are popular in these days. They are other different finishes you have to prefer for enhancing your bathroom faucet design. So, the aspect of faucet get influenced greatly by its finish.
Polished Brass – The polished brass is another finish that not suitable for every faucet but looks great on some faucets. In case like large bathroom with a traditional design, then this polished brass finished faucet will definitely make it look elegant.
A faucet with beautiful finish will give a good look but when it is perfectly maintained or else the faucet looks bad and thereby make your bathroom look worse. Some finishes comes revealing the spots better than other types. So, check how frequently you have to clean the faucet before buying.
7. Matching the Other Fixtures
Always choose a faucet and its fixture to get fit for all other fixtures, either for a new one or existing one. So, check the availability for the other fixtures before you buy the faucets.
8. Faucet – Style & Design
Always consider the design and style of the faucet before buying them. Here are some designs of bathroom and kitchen faucets. Just go through them.
a. Bathroom Faucet – Style & Design
Have a look at the designs and styles of bathroom faucets and choose your best.
- Classical Design – These faucets suits best for bathrooms that are traditionally styled and they placed at the centerpiece of the room. Install this faucet on a classical looking sink to get the look of the faucets that people used at 19th century.
- Modern Design – These faucets are perfect for modern bathrooms which are straight or curved lines and they may come with one or two handles. They can be a centerpiece of the bathroom. So, install it on the sink which has modern look or straight lines.
- Hybrid Design – These faucets is used in both modern and classical bathrooms. They come with either one handle or two and also available in different finishes. The drawback of using this faucet is that you can easily install them on any kind of sink to look great.
b. Kitchen Faucet – Style & Design
There are 3 main styles available in the kitchen faucets. Let’s know them in detail.
- Traditional Style – It comes with vintage touch with some modern features that make you not to go out of the style.
- Transitional Style – It is a combination of modern and traditional. This allows the users to have some more creativity when it comes to decorating the homes. Just like a stainless steel faucet with a natural wood cabinet.
- Contemporary Style – The simple shape and ample open space is ideal in which the faucet should be as minimalistic & simple.
9. Latest Trends
Always keep your eye on the latest trends and models. Simply, a 3 in 1 wall mixer comes with various functions in a single operated system. Sensor faucets and wall mounted faucets are always trendy.
10. Installation Holes & Plumbing
Before purchasing, you have to know how many mounting holes the sink has. In case, if it has one mounting hole then prefer to buy a faucet that needs 3 mounting holes, in which you can drill the holes easily. But be careful while drilling a hole through a cast iron or marble is not an easy task.
Also, some sinks are thick and need the help of nut extenders to reach the supply lines. The number of holes suggested are 4 holes – Single hole (faucet with a single handle), two holes (use this configuration for single handle and accessory), three holes (two for handles and one for the spout) and four holes (single or two handle design and have enough space for side sprayers, soap dispensers, etc.).
11. Ease of Installation
You should know how to install the faucet without any professional help. Although, some models comes with an easy installation while others have difficult installation. If you’re unable to fix this then you can take the help of professional plumber.
12. Number of Handles
In general, we divide the faucet handles as three categories – single handle, two handles and touchless faucets (especially in kitchen). Although, the lever handles are easy to use and control the temperature better but for traditionally designed kitchens, a cross handles offers a unique T-shape.
Single Handle Faucet – The simple mechanism is that turn the handle to one side if you want cold water and turn to opposite side to get hot water. You have to check the space whether it has proper space to rotate the handle.
Two Handle Faucet – This design is that the two handles comes on each side of the tap in which one is for hot and the other is for cold water. It will give you a complete control over the temperature.
Touchless (or Hands-free) Faucet – These are generally seen in shopping malls, restaurants and commercial facilities. Just simply place your hands below the tap and the sensor will make the water running. In this type, the faucet or handles won’t get dirty why because we don’t have to touch anything.
A warranty is the guarantee of the company about their product. So, always choose the product that offers a minimum warranty so as to fulfil your expectations. Products from well-known brands are somewhat quality products that comes with a warranty.
Before purchasing the faucets, you have to access the entire sink and a spout that has swivel 360 degree. Also, check the height of the spout whether it is too short or too high (high arc or low arc). If high then it causes splashing and if low then some pots not get fit properly.
Faucet Features and Technology:
Aerator / Water Efficiency – These are in-built component of high end bathroom taps and are automated system if the bathroom taps to save water. Or simply attach the flow controllers (or flow regulators) or aerators that reduce the water usage while operating. You have to clean them occasionally or replace them over time.
Touch Sensors – These are seen mostly in washbasin taps to prevent clumsiness and to use measured water.
Thermostatic / Temperature Control – These are prevalent in mixers in which they help in maintaining and moderating a preferred temperature. Generally, the ideal tap will heat the water to set temperature. Also, some companies provide temperature control pads to pre-set the temperature.
Looks – You have to choose the faucet that matches perfectly for your home décor. There are wide range available which is made from brushed stainless steel, polished chrome and porcelain. Also, check the shapes, colors, style and your budget before buying.
Ease of Use – When you are purchasing the tapware, you should thoroughly check them by turning them on and off to know whether they are user friendly and turning easily or not.
Fixtures and Accessories of Bathroom Taps
It should be compatible with the shape of square or round and comes with either brushed, painted, matt, antique or polished finish. Although, replacement valves make as an easy solution for repairing leaking taps, dripping taps but you have to be careful while choosing this valve to meet the water pressure requirements. It need to complement the tap hole configuration and thereby to connect them to the appropriate outlets and inlets.
Choose the tap with right size of the spout for your basin is essential to ensure the proper usage of basin. Spouts can be deck mounted, wall mounted, floor standing or ceiling mounted which can be used with manual valves, side bodies or thermostatic shower valves with diverters to support the bathroom taps. Longer spouts are generally recommended for large bathrooms and they comes in different colors like brass, gold, copper, chrome, black, silver and white.
3. Diverters or Single Lever Diverter
These are space efficient and are concealed inside the wall in which the spout and the lever (knob) are different parts but not like wall mixer. It comes with an automated safety lock or manual to moderate the water temperature. Some comes with built-in mixers for proper installation.
The aluminium sheet with lever, spout and overhead shower is visible. It is installed at 18 inches from flooring, which is quite less than wall mixer spout.
Tips on Buying the Faucets/Taps:
- Some experts suggests to pick a single levered faucet for the washbasin and double levered faucet for bathing why because the double lever regulate cold and hot water flow properly.
- The faucets which are turned open will tend to wear out faster than normal. So, opt for the faucets that open by simply lifting up the lever.
- You can soak your combs or hairbrushes, etc. in the faucet with a stopper for the drain before washing them.
- Invest in a best quality showerhead that allow you to adjust the water pressure, especially if you are interested in showering to soak in a bathtub or else choose a simple showerhead.
- You can avoid the telephone (or hand) shower that depends on your bathing style (OR) simply choose an adjustable overhead shower that will double up the telephone shower.
- Try to avoid dropping the objects into the sink to reduce the likelihood of the damage.
- A high arc faucet is better than low arc in such a case when we wash the face or teeth or hands then they tend to hold above the sink’s rim and more water get splashed.
Frequently Asked Questions
The diverter is an alternative to wall mixers and can comes in different variants in which its usage will avoid the use of bulky wall mixers and operate the same functions (both spout and shower) by using one lever. Whereas the wall mixers used in bathroom has provision for cold and hot water in which it comes with 3 separate levers to control the flow of water in shower and spout.
Here are a few things which you have to know before fixing the bathroom tap.
*Type of preferred bathroom taps
*Number of tap holes
*Water pressure in the home
*Color scheme of the bathroom
*Need for any wiring or electrical connection
*Choose a wall mounted, standalone, deck mounted or ceiling mounted tap.
Here is the detailed process on how to fix a bathroom tapes.
*Although, most of the bathroom taps come in assembled units in which you can fit it easily into the bath tub or sink (or) simply use an instruction guide to assemble the tap properly.
*Attach the tap connectors by screwing it into the base that includes length of copper tube with a brass thread fitting.
*Now place the new taps in that hole but be sure you have to place the perfect seal between the sink and tap. Connect the hot water connection on the right hand side whereas the cold water connection on the left side.
*To secure the tap from underneath by placing the washer first and the securing plate. Tighten the place with locking nut. Use a box spanner or ratchet with extension bar and deep socket to tighten the nut.
*By using adjustable wrenches, you have to connect the cold and hot pipes. In case, if the existing one doesn’t fit with the new one then use some flexible connectors to join the tape. But make sure that there should be no scope for leakage or over-tightening.
*Use a thread seal tape and PTFE to prevent leakage and also check the water supply that come across all valves. If there is no leaks then finally test the tap system for air bubbles or other issues.
Before choosing a faucet, you have to decide where you want the tap to be mounted, which means for the existing or a new one. Next to consider is what the style of the faucet and how they control the temperature and water flow. To reduce your research time and shopping strain, our experts suggest you the best faucet for bathroom and kitchen.
For bathroom, you can go with Kohler Cuff Health Faucet, why because it include an extended 1200mm metal hose and handle, which is flexible, durable and ease of use. The product is tested for its performance in low water pressure and poor water quality.
For Kitchen Sinks, you can buy HOMELODY Single Handle Swan Neck with Double Flow Tap, why because it comes with anti-spray that won’t cause splashing, soft, reduce noise and comfortable that makes you to clean the utensils and effective water saving (bubble aerator mixes 70% water and 30% air).
What you want to replace or buy – Bathroom or kitchen faucets? Which one you are going to pick? Or do you have any queries about these faucets? Then let me know through the below comments box.