Electric toothbrush is more effective in removing plague and improving oral health than manual ones.
Because the oscillation and vibration, electric toothbrush can remove even tiniest particles from the surface and in-between the teeth.
As they are easy to operate, even kids and elders with less mobility can use it.
But choosing an electric toothbrush is not that easy. Factors mentioned below will help you to make the right choice.
1. Brush Head
Brush head contains small fibers called bristles. Based on their arrangement, they are categorized into two types.
- Criss-Cross – This arrangement of bristles can reach difficult areas like in-between the teeth and gums and remove the plague efficiently. It is perfect for people dealing with gingivitis and cavities.
- Round and Flat – the bristles move in circular and oscillatory motion to remove plague on the teeth. This is perfect for people dealing with breath issues and plague build-up.
2. Power Source
Batteries are the main power source of an electric toothbrush. They can be either rechargeable and replaceable. Rechargeable ones are expensive to purchase. But maintenance cost is less when compared to their counter types. Replaceable electric toothbrushes are inexpensive but maintenance costs are high. If you travel a lot, then this is the right choice.
Some other factors to consider are timer, speed, modes and indicator. These factors are explained clearly in our BUYING GUIDE.
Below, we have also provided a list of the best-selling electric toothbrush in India. They are shortlisted after reviewing several models with dentists and customers.
Best Electric Toothbrushes in India
|Best Electric Toothbrushes||Suggested Age||Power Source||Operating Modes||Warranty||Buy Now|
|Oral – B Kids Electric Toothbrush||3 - 7 years||Charging||1||2 years||Check the Price|
|Philips Sonicare Clean Care Electric Toothbrush||Everyone||Charging||2||2 years||Check the Price|
|Oral B Vitality Cross Action Electric Toothbrush||Adults||Charging||1||2 years||Check the Price|
|Colgate Proclinical 150 Sonic Charcoal Toothbrush||8+ years||Battery||2||--||Check the Price|
|Oral B Pro 600 Cross Action Electric Toothbrush||Adults||Charging||1||2 years||Check the Price|
|DKK Sales OSHOPA Electric Toothbrush||Adults||Charging||3||---||Check the Price|
|JSB HF 127 Electric Power Toothbrush||Adults||Charging||3||1 year||Check the Price|
|Wurze 1901 Super Sonic Toothbrush||Adults||Charging||3||----||Check the Price|
Top 8 Electric Toothbrush in India with 2020 Reviews
Oral B is a best brand of oral hygiene products that includes wide range of toothbrushes & dental floss. This Oral-B kids electric rechargeable toothbrush with featuring frozen characters is a signature product for kids from Oral B. Your little ones will enjoy brushing their teeth with this fun filled electric toothbrush.
- The 2D action (oscillating & rotating action) of this Oral B kids electric rechargeable toothbrush will give an advanced clean, as it reaches, surrounds and cleans the teeth thoroughly.
- Ideal for kids with 3+ age (up to 6 – 7 years), as it is perfectly designed for smaller mouths. In case, if the kid’s front teeth are thinner (OR) child less than 3 years (OR) teeth not yet developed then it is not recommended to use this electric toothbrush.
- This toothbrush comes with a replaceable head in which you can change the brush head with another one. Also, it is recommended to change its head for every 3 – 4 months of usage.
- With Disney Magic Timer App, you can engage your kid with the Disney characters by downing this app and scanning the product with your device. This not only make them brush thoroughly for 2 minutes (recommended by the dentist) but also learn the oral care habits easily.
- The round powerhead toothbrush comes with an extra soft bristles that provide gentle clean without causing any harm to your kid’s gum and teeth.
- The brush comes with a rechargeable battery in the handle which make it ready to use and the battery can last for up to 5 days up on single charge. Also, 2 pin cable is provided for charging with 2 pin shaving socket (charger included).
- The daily clean mode will remove the plaque more effectively than normal manual toothbrush. Also, regular usage will help to achieve a healthy oral care routine.
- 2 years warranty is provided for this toothbrush from the date of its purchase.
- You can also track your kid’s way of brushing their teeth daily with the help of a calender provided with this toothbrush.
- Although, there is no charge indicator or battery life indicator but you can test it by pressing the start button of the brush after placing it on the charging stand. If it’s not started then the toothbrush is charging or else not charging.
It requires 1 Lithium ion battery (included in the package) for its proper working. The product comes with dimensions of 11 X 5.2 X 24.2 cm and weighs 299 grams so your child can easily handle this electric toothbrush for brushing their teeth.
What we liked:
- Helps to learn proper oral care habits with fun due to Disney frozen characters.
- It is compatible with Disney Magic Timer App to make your kid brush perfectly for 2 minutes.
- Recommended for kids in between 3 – 7 years.
- The rotating powerhead of this toothbrush will reach and clean the teeth thoroughly to provide your kid a proper oral health.
- The built quality is nice, as the rotational speed or vibration is set exactly for kids.
- The body of the brush is sturdy and durable which allows the kids to enjoy brushing for a longer time.
What we didn’t like:
- Comes without any charging indicator – unable to know whether it is charging or not.
- Not having any cover or cap for this electric toothbrush (hygiene issue).
- Motor noise is high which may cause kids some difficulty while brushing.
Next on our list is a sonic powered toothbrush by Philis. Improve your oral health with this Philips sonicare, as it offers a gentle cleaning and removes plaque 3 times more effective than regular manual toothbrush.
- With its advanced sonic care technology, the Philips sonicare clean care electric toothbrush will create a dynamic cleaning action that drives fluid deep in between teeth and along the gumline for thorough cleaning.
- The rotating powerhead of this toothbrush will help to break the plaque deposits and remove it with the exceptional daily clean mode.
- The flat & deep clean brush head with contoured soft bristles will definitely fit the shape of the teeth and thereby clean it easily even in hard to reach places.
- The Built-in timer will encourage a thorough brushing of teeth for about 2 minutes with Quadpacer interval timer (will let you know the optimum time period on each section of the mouth and indicates when to move to another quadrant) and SmarTimer (give signal whenever the 2 minutes time is up).
- This electric toothbrush will help to improve the gum health effectively with its gentle cleaning.
- The Easy click on (/off) brush head system on the handle will make the toothbrush fit securely and thereby comes with easy cleaning and maintenance.
- The Easy start feature will help you to adjust the power level of this electric toothbrush over first 14 uses till you get an idea on how you get used to the sonicare experience.
- The toothbrush has NiMH rechargeable battery with 10 days operating time, if charged fully. The light indicator will display that the battery is getting properly charged.
- 2 year worldwide warranty is provided by the manufacturer on this product.
- It performs cleaning at a speed of 31000 pulsations per minute, which aids for thorough cleaning.
- The whitening (removes stubborn plaque and make teeth white) and gum care (improves overall gum health) modes of operations will make it as best toothbrush to choose.
- It comes with a feature of replaceable head in which you can change the toothbrush’s head with another one in every 3 – 4 months of usage.
- Works ideal for people who have huge amounts of plaque on their teeth.
It is powered with 2 AA batteries for its proper functioning. This philips sonicare electric toothbrush comes with a less weight of about 277 grams, which makes it easy to handle and brush your teeth effectively.
What we liked:
- Removes 3 times more plaque with its rotating bristles when compared with normal manual toothbrush.
- Comes with white and gum care modes.
- Other features include easily replaceable heads, rechargeable battery, easy start feature and built-in timer which help you to get healthy teeth.
- Sonic powered technology with 31000 strokes per minute.
What we didn’t like:
- First time users may experience some kind of tickly sensation.
- A little bit pricey product.
Want to achieve a clinically proven superior clean for your teeth, then its best to choose Oral B vitality cross action electric rechargeable toothbrush. It is another amazing product from the home of Oral-B.
- The inbuilt timer in Oral B Vitality Cross Action electric toothbrush will let you brush for a professional timer of about 2 minutes.
- It is a compatible toothbrush with replacement brush heads in which it can fit to various brush heads like cross action, sensitive clean, 3d white, floss action, precision clean, trizone, power tip, dual clean and ortho care.
- The cross action toothbrush head will surround each and every tooth with its bristles angled at 16 degrees for thorough cleaning.
- The 2D cleaning action (oscillating and rotating action) & daily clean mode will remove the plaque effectively than normal manual toothbrush.
- It is a cordless toothbrush with a rechargeable battery in which you can brush it for more than 10 times when it is fully charged (may take up to 15 hours). It comes with its own charging station but there is no led indicator display while charging the battery.
- The powered crisscross bristles of this round brush head will achieve enhanced results with its dynamic movement.
It comes with 2 year warranty on the manufacturing defects from the date of its purchase. The contents included in this package are 1 handle, toothbrush head and charging station.
It is a waterproof and requires 1 AA battery for its proper functioning. It comes with dimensions 5.2 X 11 X 24.2 cm and weighs about 245 grams.
What we liked:
- It is no.1 brand used by dentists worldwide.
- Enhance brushing with a professional 2 minutes timer.
- Removes plaque quite effectively with its dynamic movement.
- Contains waterproof feature.
What we didn’t like:
- No cover for the brush head.
- There is no light indicator while charging the battery.
Colgate Proclinical 150 Sonic Charcoal Toothbrush is one of the economic and budget friendly electric toothbrushes from Colgate Palmolive India. It is a battery powered toothbrush in which you don’t need to charge it.
- The charcoal infused antibacterial bristles of this Colgate Proclinical 150 Sonic toothbrush will help to prevent the bacterial growth (on your teeth and brush head) and thereby protects your oral health.
- The Oscillating head with soft and thin tipped bristles of this toothbrush will use sonic vibrations of about 20,000 strokes per minute to clean the teeth, especially in between teeth, along the gum line & hard to reach places and thereby make you experience a superior cleaning.
- The unique multi-directional cleaning is done by this toothbrush to provide a superior plaque reduction.
- It comes with Brush head with cheek and tongue cleaner that helps to eliminate the odor causing bacteria effectively.
- You can replace the brush head easily with a new one in every 3 – 4 months of usage.
- Everyone who are 8+ years old can use this electric toothbrush and make sure that adult supervision is required for children and people with disabilities.
- The built-in timer of about 2 minutes will make the toothbrush to shut off automatically after it reaches the optimum brushing time.
- The flat and deep clean brush head bristles will help to remove the plaque present on the individual tooth. Also, the vibrating electric cleaning method will allow the brush to vibrate (not rotate) on the teeth surface for thorough cleaning.
- It comes with 2 modes (cleaning & whitening mode) of operations.
- It is battery powered toothbrush in which we don’t have to charge this toothbrush. If you’re budget freak or traveling a lot then you prefer to use this battery powered one rather than rechargeable one.
Also, to have a coherent experience, this toothbrush comes with slim, sleek design and also it is light in weight and quiet. It is also waterproof and requires 2 AAA batteries for its proper functioning. This toothbrush comes with a dimensions of about 5.9 X 3.5 X 24.5 cm which makes you easy to handle and brush properly.
What we liked:
- The advanced sonic technology with vibrations of 20,000 strokes/minute will provide thorough cleaning of plaque and works gentle on gums.
- Comes with various features like charcoal infused bristles, replaceable brush head, built-in 2 minutes timer and lightweight handles.
- Designed for easy and comfortable brushing.
- It is budget friendly toothbrush.
- It is gentle on gums and comes with tongue cleaner.
- Battery powered toothbrush that allow you to carry this brush easily while traveling.
What we didn’t like:
- Cap is not provided in which it may cause some hygienic problem.
- It only vibrates but won’t rotates.
- Warranty period is not specified.
This Oral B pro 600 electric toothbrush is another amazing product from the home of Oral B. The superior cleaning technology with professional timer and pressure sensor will make it as one of the best leading oral care brand that used by dentists worldwide.
- This Oral B Pro 600 cross action round electric toothbrush head is designed in such a way that it surrounds each tooth with bristles that angled at 16 degrees to clean in between teeth and along the gumline.
- The clinically proven superior 3D cleaning action which will make it rotate, oscillates and vibrates/pulsates to break down the plaque deposit and removes it effectively with its dynamic movement. It also clean the teeth even in hard to reach areas.
- The built-in timer will allow you to brush for dentist recommended professional timer of about 2 minutes.
- The toothbrush has compatible replacement toothbrush heads with any of the sensitive clean, cross action, floss action, 3d white, precision clean, dual clean and trizone.
- The pressure sensor technology will definitely helpful to protect the gums by working gentle on them.
- Daily clean and gum care are 2 modes of operation that helps to clean the teeth and protect the gums and thereby provides complete oral care.
- It delivers the vibration speed up to 48800 brush movements per second that effectively removes the plaque more effectively.
- The rechargeable NiMH battery with its own charging station will allow you to charge the battery and use it regularly.
2 year warranty is provided by the manufacturer from the date of purchase. The toothbrush handle, toothbrush head, warranty card, quick guide, and charging station with brush head storage are included in this package.
1 AA battery is required for its proper functioning and this toothbrush comes with dimensions of 12.5 X 7.1 X 23.5 cm and it weights about 254 grams, which is lightweight and easy to handle.
What we liked:
- The charge indicator light will let you that the battery is getting charged properly.
- It is light in weight and waterproof, which makes it easy to handle.
- Comes with features like superior cleaning technology, built-in timer and pressure sensor.
- Removes plaque effectively with its superior 3D cleaning action.
- It protects teeth and gums with its 2 modes of operation and criss cross round head bristles.
What we didn’t like:
- Battery discharges quickly even though charging it for a long time.
- The fast rotation/speed of this toothbrush is not controlled easily.
- A little bit pricey product.
One can achieve clean teeth and best oral hygiene with this DKK sales OSHOPA electric toothbrush. It is recommended for adults but not for children to have proper oral care.
- The superior oscillatory action of DKK sales OSHOPA electric toothbrush will oscillate at the rate of 6000 circles per minute to ensure a vigorous cleaning of the teeth. It also reaches the innermost corner and hard to reach areas of the mouth.
- This OSHOPA electric toothbrush comes with a China food grade brush head and Japan food grade bristles to provide comfort for the user while brushing.
- It has rechargeable battery and the charging can last for up to 1 week up on regular usage, if charged completely.
- It comes with an extra 2 spare brush heads along with this product in which you can replace the brush head after 3 – 4 months of usage.
- This 3 brush heads with soft dupont nylon bristles will act hard on the teeth to remove plaque and microbes but soft on the gums to protect them. So, the user can experience a precise cleaning of the teeth.
- The built-in timer will allow you to brush for about 2 minutes in such a way that 30 seconds interval timer will alert you to switch from one quadrant to another (4 quadrants X 30 seconds = 2 minutes). when time is up, the brush will stopped automatically.
- It comes with 5 modes of operation like clean, sensitive, polish, white, & gum care that allows you to have a complete oral hygiene.
- The LED indicator will indicate proper charging of the battery for its regular usage.
- It works with advanced sonic technology that make 31000 vibrations per minute to make your teeth clean and strong to fight against the dental problems.
This electric toothbrush requires lithium ion battery for its proper recharge and thereby for its effective unstoppable functioning. It has long battery backup along with worldwide voltage compatibility of about 100 to 240V. Also, it has waterproof technology.
What we liked:
- Works with 5 operating modes that allows you to have a perfect cleaning.
- Auto-timer of 2 minutes with 30 seconds interval time will make you to have a professional cleaning of your teeth.
- It comes with a long battery backup in which it works for a week when it is fully charged.
- Have 3 brush heads with soft dupont bristles but the fixed one is flat and deep clean one.
What we didn’t like:
- A little bit pricey product.
- No warranty is mentioned.
The JSB is one of the best oral care company that provide products with best quality. This JSB HF 127 electric toothbrush will make rapid bristle motions automatically from back to forth oscillation to clean the teeth.
It comes with ergonomic design with soft bristles. It is waterproof and portable with less weight. For any queries, contact the JSB health care customer care @ 8010402110 on all working days.
- The JSB HF 127 electric toothbrush has rechargeable NiMH battery with 8800 rotations per minute, which provides an efficient cleaning by removing the plaque build-up on the teeth.
- The 2 minutes auto timer of this JSB HF 127 electric toothbrush will ensure you to have brush for exactly 2 minutes (dentists recommended time) with 30 seconds interval timer that alerts you to switch the brushing direction to other part of the mouth.
- The high tech hidden panel inductive charging of this toothbrush with LED indicator will help to maintain a long battery backup.
- The dupont bristles are made with soft high quality food grade material and the toothbrush comes with 2 auto brushing modes – clean, massage and sensitive to get more comfort which generally lacks in normal manual toothbrush.
- You can replace this round toothbrush heads with 3 different types of brush heads provided along with this product.
- You can get the best in world class oral care with its oscillatory motion of the toothbrush. The brush oscillates to clear the microbes, germs and plaque completely from your mouth.
1 year national warranty is provided by the manufacturer on the motor of this electric toothbrush. You can get 1 piece of replacement toothbrush head, 1 piece of electric toothbrush and 1 AA battery.
It is light in weight and comes at a height of 22.5 cm, which makes you easy to handle and use it comfortably.
What we liked:
- It has longer battery backup with an LED indicator and lithium ion battery.
- The brush heads are made with soft Japanese food grade Dupont bristles.
- The 3 different brushing modes and 3 brush heads will provide you with a complete oral care.
- Comes with a features of auto-timer with interval pauser, worldwide voltage compatibility and waterproof features.
What we didn’t like:
- A little bit overpriced.
- Its battery charge is not up to the mark, as it won’t last for a couple of days.
This Wurze 1901 super sonic toothbrush is widely used for obtaining healthy gums, clean teeth and effective plaque removal. The Wurze 1901 is a rechargeable sonic toothbrush that comes with various features to provide you with a complete oral care.
For any queries on this China product, you can contact Wurze customer care @ 9051089895 or email them at email@example.com
- The Wurze 1901 electric toothbrush comes with advanced sonic technology with high frequency sonic pulse of 40000 strokes per minutes. It helps to remove plaque up to 99% (or 2X more) with its dynamic cleaning movements when compared with regular toothbrush.
- With smart timer feature, the toothbrush has shut to run for about 2 minutes with 30 second interval timer to make you get professional brushing.
- The Wurze 1901 electric toothbrush comes with 5 modes of operation like clean, polish, white, sensitive, & massage that makes it as an effective weapon to clean your teeth and mouth (even for sensitive teeth or gums).
- The lithium ion rechargeable battery will help for proper battery backup in which the user can use this electric toothbrush for up to 30 days up on complete charging by using a USB charging.
- The 5 mm wide swing of this pulsating head will improve the gum health and removes the surface stains to make the teeth naturally white.
- You can get 3 different Replaceable brush head in which you can use each head for up to 3 – 4 months (recommended by dentists).
- The Dupont soft bristles of this flat and deep clean head motion will help to provide a clean oral hygiene.
This electric toothbrush requires 1 lithium ion battery which is included in this pack. You can grab a warranty of about 1 year on any manufacturing defects. Also, it has waterproof feature and weighs about 81.6 grams which allows you to handle easily and use it effectively.
What we liked:
- The sonic technology with 40k strokes per minute will remove the plaque effectively.
- 2 minutes timer with 30 seconds interval time (4X30 seconds) to have a complete brushing.
- The lithium rechargeable battery will give an excellent battery backup (up to 30 days with 1 full charge).
- Clear your oral problems with its 5 operating modes and 3 different brush heads.
What we didn’t like:
- A little bit overpriced product.
Buying Guide: How to Choose an Electric Toothbrush?
Not all electric toothbrushes are created the same. Right product for you depends on your personal preferences and convenience. While choosing an electric toothbrush, it is very important to understand the difference, features, and technology. Below, we have provided all the information that helps you choose the right one.
Things to Consider while buying Electric Toothbrush
This is the first and foremost thing one has to consider while picking a toothbrush. Brush heads contain small fiber hairs called bristles. The shape and size of these bristles decide the quality and usage of the tooth brush. Based on the same, they are categorized into two categories…
- Criss-Cross – As the name implies, the bristles of the brush are arranged in a criss-cross fashion. This arrangement has great advantage of removing plague in between the teeth.
- Round and Flat – Round and Flat brush heads are good for oscillatory and motion brushes. These oscillate about their own axis and systematically remove the plaque present on the tooth individually.
2. Motion Type
Apart from fiber arrangement, moving of the brush head also plays an important role in oral health. Several toothbrush models use different motion schemes to clean the teeth. We have mentioned them below for your reference…
The electric brush will go back and forth in a pendulum fashion to clean the teeth. If your priority is to remove the plaque, then you should consider buying this type.
Bristles of this type of brush spin in a circular motion which is almost similar to the way we brush our teeth regularly. If you want a regular cleaning with electric toothbrush, then this is the type you should prefer.
This type of toothbrush oscillates in a back and forth motion and also rotates in circular motion parallel. If you are dealing with gingivitis and plague, then this type is perfect.
- Dual Head Toothbrush
This type of brush rotates and moves from one side to the other that ensures more effective cleaning. If you are very keen to clean your teeth, then you should use this type of brushes.
- Vibrating Electric Toothbrushes
This type of brush vibrates on the surface of the teeth thereby removing the plaque. If you have a problem with the toothbrushes that rotate, then you have a good option of using this type of brush, since they remove the plaque just by vibrating.
Electric toothbrushes move hundreds of time faster than manual brushing which allows more effective cleaning in much less time. But these toothbrushes oscillate, rotate or vibrate at different speed. Faster electric toothbrushes are called sonic or ultrasonic toothbrushes. They are more effective compared to regular electric toothbrushes but are more expensive as well.
4. Power Source
Electric tooth brushes are either rechargeable or replaceable batteries. Battery life depends on different factors like brands, cost, and size of the toothbrush. It is important to decide which one you should prefer before buying.
- Battery Powered Toothbrush – This type of brushes employ AA batteries. This is inexpensive and is easily portable option when compared to rechargeable toothbrushes. If you are budget conscious and travel a lot, then you should prefer this type. A battery powered toothbrush is by far the best disposable version of electric toothbrush.
- Rechargeable Toothbrush – This is expensive and preferred type over battery powered ones since they offer better functionality. This is better suited for people with sensitive gums and teeth.
People who have busy morning schedules often rush through brushing their teeth. This can affect overall dental health and lead to issues like gingivitis and plague buildup. According to American Dental Association, we have to brush our teeth for at least 2 minutes. Having a built-in timer is beneficial in such cases. This feature will beep or shut off automatically after a predetermined time duration.
6. Pressure Sensor
Applying more pressure while brushing can cause gum bleeding. Electric brushes come with pressure sensors that warm the user if more pressure is applied. If you have sensitive teeth, then you should use the brushes that have a pressure sensor.
Some electric toothbrushes come with different teeth cleaning modes like whitening mode, cleaning mode, sensitive mode, and massage mode. It is advisable to go for an electric toothbrush with maximum modes as you can customize the cleaning according to your requirements.
8. Charge Indicator
Buying an electric toothbrush with indicator light is wise, since it notifies us of when to charge the brush. It certainly helps for improving the longevity of the product.
9. Replaceable Head
Electric toothbrush has to be changed once in 6 months. So, it is better to purchase a model that comes with replaceable heads, since buying them is cheap when compared to purchasing whole new electric toothbrush.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Although, it’s suggested to clean the toothbrush regularly to keep it free from germs. Most of these electric toothbrushes comes with self cleaning feature in which the UV light will kill the germs and keep it clean and ready to use. Some studies state that rinsing your toothbrush in hot water for a few seconds will clean it (or) else soak the toothbrush head in any antibacterial mouthwash or peroxide.
Variety of Options – The manual toothbrush comes in a wide variety of options like large, medium and small size toothbrush heads whereas the electric toothbrush comes in single size with variety of toothbrush heads like round, flat, cross action and criss cross.
Effective Oral Cleaning – The manual toothbrush gives you more control over the brushing process and the pressure applied while brushing whereas the electric toothbrush comes with pressure control with various modes of operation to give an effective oral cleaning when compared to manual one.
Plaque Removal – The electric toothbrush with its power rotation, oscillation and vibration modes clean the teeth (both in between teeth and along the gumline) to remove this plaque more effectively than manual toothbrush.
Comfort to use – Although, the manual toothbrush are used by the people of all ages comfortably but both are comfortable to use. The usage of electric toothbrush will clean and prevent oral problems effectively, if used properly. The electric one is used especially for people with arthritis or other conditions which limit dexterity.
Convenient to use – You can use this manual toothbrush at any time but the electric toothbrush are not like that. It requires either proper charging or battery to run. So, if you’re one who travels at lot then prefer manual toothbrush more than electric one.
Price – Electric toothbrush are more expensive than manual one due to its features.
Sensitive Teeth – Manual toothbrush are quite helpful for people with sensitive teeth and gums in which the user can apply pressure on their teeth whereas with electric toothbrush, the user should know how to control the range of variable speeds or pressure applied on the teeth, so as not to affect their teeth.
Brushing Time – The manual toothbrush can used without any time limit like for 2 – 8 minutes for brushing (as it depends on the user) but most of the electric toothbrush comes with a built-in in 2 minutes timer (dentist recommended) with 30 seconds interval time to ensure that you have to brush all the 4 quadrants of the mouth and thereby to keep yourself free from oral problems.
It’s up to you whether you use electric or manual toothbrush but you have to change the toothbrush or brush head in every 3 months.
In general, the manual toothbrush would be the best option for kids until they completely know how to brush properly. The reason is that the manual one is lighter and gives more control to the child while brushing.
When once the kid gets older then you can suggest them to use an electric toothbrush which is specially designed for children. This electric one will not only make them easy to use but also the built-in timer will allow them to know how to manage their brushing sessions and thereby encourage them to learn oral hygiene behaviour. For instance, the Oral-B for kids in the above list will make them enjoy brushing with the frozen characters.
Both the manual and electric toothbrushes will get their job done but its you’re preference in choosing them.
In simple words, the electric toothbrush works with a motor in which it makes the head to rotate and vibrate to clean your teeth by removing the plaque and other oral impurities. To make this oral cleaning more effectively, one can choose the electric toothbrush that comes with more heads. You can simply replace the head and use it according to your needs.
Here the motor (battery) of this electric toothbrush can be rechargeable or replaceable as per the model which you have chosen. All the electric toothbrush are easy to use when the user know how to control and use it effectively. So, choose a good quality electric toothbrush for an efficient oral care.
Here are the steps which you have to follow for proper usage of electric toothbrush without causing any damage to the gums and teeth.
*The first and foremost step is to check the charging before using this electric toothbrush. Most of the modern toothbrush comes with a charging level indication.
*After that, start the process by pressing the brush gently against the teeth. Most brushes comes with pressure sensors to get control over applied pressure on the teeth. Hold the brush at 45 degrees to start the process.
*Apply toothpaste on the brush and start brushing. After a few seconds (30 seconds), switch to other parts. The inbuilt timer of this brush will allow you to brush on all sides of the mouth.
*After thorough brushing of front and back part of the teeth to remove the plaque and stucked food particles in between the teeth.
*Then clean the roof, chewing part and tongue gently to prevent odor caused due to saliva and food particles.
*After brushing all the parts of the mouth, simply rinse your mouth thoroughly with water and a mouthwash.
*Now clean the toothbrush and store it in a dry area and charge it for later usage.
*Brush your teeth regularly with this electric toothbrush to prevent oral problems and to keep your teeth strong and free from plaque.
Oral-B is a leading company in the oral and dental care industry. There are a lot of electric toothbrushes from the house of Oral-B which fit the position of being a great electric toothbrush. From their Oral-B Pro series alone there are various battery powered and charge powered toothbrushes. Apart from this, there are a lot of other companies which provide you some of the best electric toothbrushes in the world.
By default, an electric brush is a faster than a manual toothbrush. An electric toothbrush gives you a lot of versatile features, ample hygiene and other dental and oral care functionalities. While this stands, a normal toothbrush is light in weight, does not require special attention or maintenance. They are inexpensive and can be bought from any store and can be easily disposed of.
No toothbrush works better without toothpaste. Please always use toothpaste on electric as well as normal toothbrushes for better results and good dental hygiene.
Yes. There was a time when electric toothbrushes took power directly from a 230V sockets and back then it was dangerous. But modern electric toothbrushes are fast, better and do not induce any shock. But never use water when the brush is connected to a power source for charging.
Major dentists recommend a 3 month lifetime for any brush. For an electric toothbrush, there are always brush head replacements. Replace the brush head once every 3 months. As for the brush body, you can use it as long as it is functional.
Not necessarily. Though an electric toothbrush is perfectly capable of removing any and all plaque on teeth, a few people like to use additional flossing of their teeth. Normally, you need to floss your teeth after using a normal toothbrush to remove any leftover plaque the brush was not able to remove.
Well, an electric toothbrush can remove the plaque effectively and clean your teeth and gums and thereby prevents you from various oral problems. So, it is essential to choose the best one to grab its benefits. After our thorough market analysis, we pick Ora-B Kids Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush for kids, why because it removes plaque effectively with its extra soft bristles and rotating powerhead and entertain the kid with the Disney frozen characters.
For Adults, our top pick from the above list is Philips-Sonicare-HX3214 Electric Toothbrush, why because it removes plaque 3X more effectively than manual one and the built-in timer of 2 minutes with inverter timer and advanced sonic technology of about 31000 vibrations per minute will give an effective oral cleaning.
Still having any queries on its purchase? Or do you think we missed anything about electric toothbrushes? Then feel free to share your experience with us in the below comments section.