Whether you want to play cricket in the street or on a pitch professionally, having a cricket kit can be quite useful. Such cricket kits come with various things included in them that can be useful while playing cricket. You can also buy one for yourself by considering the following factors:
- Cricket Bat: The most important thing about any cricket kit is its bat itself. While some kits come with a Kashmir willow bat, others might be made out of simple wood or plastic. Out of these two, the former is made for playing on the pitch, and the latter is made for playing casually in the street or the park.
- Protective Gear: If you want optimum protection of your body, then you should check the protective gear offered by a cricket kit. Any kit that comes with various pads for legs, elbow, and the abdominal area along with gloves and helmet should be more than enough for most users out there.
- Carrying Bag: A great thing about these cricket kits is that they come in a carrying bag that can be taken anywhere with you. This bag should have a large size along with a great build quality so that you can fit everything in it without facing much wear and tear over time.
Today, we are here with some of the best cricket kits in India, along with all their options and features. We have also provided a detailed Buying Guide in this article where you can find various aspects regarding these cricket kits. If you also want to buy a cricket kit in India, make sure to go through this article until the end.
|1||Cat vs Keet - Season - 01*||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Pitch It!: Inspirational Stories from the Cricket Dressing Room to the Corporate Boardroom*||14 Reviews||₹ 356 ₹ 280||Buy on Amazon|
|3||How to become an awesome pace bowler in cricket*||3 Reviews||₹ 49||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Cricket Inside OUT: A short guide*||₹ 99||Buy on Amazon|
Best Cricket Kits Reviews in India
Klapp is a brand of budget and affordable sports gear and equipment that is as good as much more expensive options out there. You can also find a cricket set option from Klapp that offers a lot of things to its users.
The Klapp Champion Cricket Kit is present in the 1st position in this article as it offers a lot of things for its given price. Even though this kit is made for players who play on the pitch, it has a relatively lower price tag that makes it a great value for money option for users. It includes various high-quality sports gear that can be quite useful while playing cricket.
You get a Kashmir willow cricket bat in this kit that is almost as good as more expensive options out there. With this cricket kit, you also get a total of 3 pairs of pads and guards that includes elbow pads, thigh pads, and an abdominal area guard. As you would expect, you also get a high-quality cricket helmet and a pair of gloves for the complete protection of the player.
The bag that comes included with this cricket kit is quite large and allows you to fit all of these things quite easily. This bag can be worn as a sling bag to easily take it to your nearest stadium for playing cricket on the pitch. A great thing about this cricket kit is that it can fit almost all users out there, as this is available in multiple sizes.
Cricket Bat Type: Kashmir Willow Cricket Bat
Cricket Bat kit includes: Kashmir Willow Cricket Bat, Pair Pad, Pair Batting Gloves, Cricket Helmet, Thigh Pad, Arm Guard, Abdominal Guard, and Kit Bag
- High Value for Money: It is the cheapest cricket kit in this article that is made to be used on a pitch. You get almost everything in this kit that can be useful on the pitch, including safety gear.
- Willow Cricket Bat: Despite the affordable price tag of this kit, it comes with a Kashmir willow cricket bat that is almost as good as much more expensive options out there.
- Multiple Sizes: You can find multiple size options available for this cricket kit that ensures that all of the safety gear fits you properly and does not affect your game.
SG is one of the most popular brands of cricket gear and equipment available out there. Due to this, they offer a wide range of cricket kit options out there, including this one.
SG’s Economy Cricket Kit is present in the 2nd position in this article as it can be a great option if you want a premium cricket kit. As it is made by SG, you get high-quality products with this cricket kit that offers a value for money since this is the economy cricket kit. One of the best things about this cricket kit is that it comes with a great Cricket RSD Xtreme Kashmir willow cricket bat.
Apart from the high-quality cricket bat, you also get various protective gear from SG in this kit. You get multiple protective guards and pads in this kit that include batting pads, thigh pads, along with an abdominal guard, all of which have a great build quality. It even includes a comfortable yet highly protective helmet for the protection of your head.
This cricket kit has batting gloves that offer a decent grip while protecting your hands and palms from any damage. You can easily take all of these things to your nearest stadium using its carrying kit bag that is a duffle style bag for easily carrying all of these things.
Cricket Bat Type: RSD Xtreme Kashmir Willow Cricket Bat
Cricket Bat kit includes: cricket kit bag, cricket bat, cricket helmet, pair batting pads, pair thigh pads, pair batting gloves and abdominal guard
- Excellent Cricket Bat: You get the RSD Xtreme Kashmir willow cricket bat in this cricket kit from SG that is one of the best options out there in its class.
- Multiple Safety Equipment: This cricket kit comes with all protective guards and pads along with gloves and a helmet that ensure that the player stays safe while playing cricket.
- Duffel Bag: The duffle style kit bag of this cricket kit is quite sturdy and strong and allows you to easily carry this kit to your nearest cricket pitch
As mentioned earlier, SG makes a wide range of cricket kits that are made for different kinds of cricket players out there. Therefore, we are here with another cricket kit from SG here in this article.
This SG Eco Cricket Kit is present in the 3rd position in this article as it can be another great option if you are looking for a premium kit for the pitch. When compared with the previous kit, this one offers more options to the user in terms of the available sizes and colors of this cricket kit. Despite that, you get an excellent build quality with this cricket kit from SG.
As you would expect, this cricket kit comes with an excellent cricket kit from SG that is made out of Kashmir willow wood. This cricket kit even comes with a separate cover that can be quite useful for protecting it from the elements, even if it is not inside the kit bag. Speaking of the kit bag, it is made out of heavy-duty nylon cloth that offers strength and offers confidence while carrying all of the different safety equipment.
Just like various other cricket kits, you get various safety guards in this cricket kit. This includes options like batting gloves, leg guard, thigh guard, arm guard, abdominal guard, and other things that you would expect in a kit. Unfortunately, it does not come with any helmet, which might be an issue for some cricket players out there.
Cricket Bat Type: RSD Spark Cricket Bat
Cricket Bat kit includes: Cricket Bat (with cover) + Legguard + Batting Gloves + Kitbag + Thigh Guard + Arm Guard + Abdo Guard
- Bat with Cover: The RSD Spark cricket bat from SG that comes in this cricket kit includes an additional bat cover that ensures that it is protected from the elements.
- Durable Kit Bag: A great thing about this cricket kit is that its kit bag is made out of nylon material that is quite strong and allows you to carry all of these things.
- Multiple Sizes and Colors: This cricket kit is available in different colors and sizes that ensure that all of the guards in it fit the player perfectly.
Sunley is one of the most popular cricket kit brands here in India that is known for making affordable options that are targeted towards casual players. It even makes a plastic cricket set that is perfect for children.
As mentioned earlier, this cricket kit comes with products that are mainly made out of plastic. This means that the cricket bat in it is made out of plastic. You even get a wind ball with it that is perfect for using with this bat as a leather ball can damage the bat itself. Despite the affordable price tag of this cricket bat, it is available in multiple sizes that are made for different age groups.
This cricket kit comes with a total of 4 wickets that can be installed on the 2 different bases. Due to this, you can have wickets on both sides while playing with this cricket kit. It even includes 2 bails for the set of three wickets that are always great to have.
You also get a simple plastic bag with this cricket kit that can be quite useful for storing and carrying all of the things of this cricket kit with you. Even though most of the things in this cricket kit are made out of plastic, you get a decent build quality with it. This is also true for its cricket bat that has a size of up to 21 inches depending on the size you buy.
Cricket Bat Type: Up to 21 inch Plastic Bat
Cricket Bat kit includes: 1 Piece Plastic Cricket Bat Size 0 Length 21” Inches, 4 Piece Plastic Wickets Length 23” Inches, 2 Piece Plastic Base, 2 Piece Plastic Bails, 1 Piece Wind Ball, 1 Piece Cricket Kit Combo Bag
- Perfect for Children: Since the bat, as well as the ball of this cricket kit, are made out of plastic, this kit is safe for children and can be used without any safety guards.
- Wickets: Despite the affordable price tag of this kit, you get two sets of wickets and bails that allow you to have wickets on both the sides/
- Available for all Ages: You can use this cricket kit irrespective of your age as it is available for children of all age groups as it offers a total of 8 sizes.
Jaspo is a lesser-known brand of cricket kits in India when compared with other options available out there. But its budget cricket kit can be a great option if you want a kit for casually playing cricket in the street or a park.
The Jaspo T-20 cricket kit comes with a wooden cricket bat that is great to have for the given budget price tag of this kit. As a result, it can easily last for a long time because it is stronger than plastic. You also get a T-20 ball in this kit that allows you to start playing cricket right away without having to buy a ball separately.
While the wickets included in this kit are made out of plastic, they can be quite handy. Even though these wickets are made out of plastic, they are quite heavy that makes the stable. It includes a total of 3 wickets with 2 bails for keeping on top of them. Unfortunately, you only get a single pair of wickets and not for both sides. This cricket kit has a size number 5 that is oriented towards children of ages 8 to 12.
Despite the single available size in this cricket kit, you get multiple color options in it that allow you to get a cricket bat of your color choice. The wooden bat of this cricket kit also has a grip on the handle that will enable you to handle this lightweight cricket bat easily. It even has a hook on the top for hanging the bat when not in use.
Cricket Bat Type: Wooden Cricket Bat with Hand Grip
Cricket Bat kit includes: 1 Wooden bat,1 T-20 Ball,3 Plastic Stumps,2 Bail
- Wooden Bat: Despite the affordable price tag of this cricket bat, it comes with a wooden bat that is quite strong and durable. It even has an inbuilt hand grip.
- Various Color Options: If your children want a specific color cricket bat, this cricket kit allows you to do so as it comes in various color options.
- Made for Children: This size number 5 cricket kit is made for children in the age group of 8 years to 12 years.
MPRT is another great option if you want an affordable cricket kit for playing casually in the gully or the park. But unlike other budget options that are made out of plastic, this one is entirely made out of wood.
You get a full wooden set in this cricket, including its cricket bat. This wooden cricket bat offers an excellent build quality along with an inbuilt handgrip that is always useful to have. Even though this cricket bat is made out of wood, it weighs 1100 to 1150 grams that is quite decent. It is made out of willow wood that makes it a great option for a lot of users out there.
This cricket kit also includes a total of three wickets along with two bails for keeping on the top. And even these are made out of high-quality wood for extra strength. You also get a tennis ball included with this cricketing kit that can be used for playing cricket as well.
While everything else in this cricketing kit is made out of high-quality wood, its carrying bag is made out of plastic. This can be an issue for some users who want a more durable kit bag for storage or carrying it around in the park or the street for playing cricket. The size number of this cricketing kit is 5 that makes it ideal for children and not for adults.
Cricket Bat Type: Willow Wood Cricket Bat
Cricket Bat kit includes: 1 wooden cricket bat, 1 tennis ball, 1 carrying bag, 3 wooden wickets, 2 bails
- High-Quality Wood: Almost everything in this cricket kit is made out of high-quality wood, including the bat, wickets, and bails for extra strength and durability.
- Willow Cricket Bat: You get a willow wood cricket bat in this budget cricket kit that is usually found in much more expensive options out there.
- Tennis Ball: While the included ball in this cricket kit is a tennis ball, it can also be used for playing cricket quite easily.
Since Sunley is quite a popular brand of cricket kits, it makes various budget options. And we are here with another one in this article that is quite different from the previous one due to its construction materials.
Just per the name of this cricket kit, it includes various things that are made out of wood. As a result, you can expect this cricket kit to be quite sturdy and durable when compared with other plastic options made for casual cricket matches. This means that you get a wooden bat in this cricket kit that can even be used along with a leather ball.
Although, if you do not want to buy or use a separate ball, then you can simply use the included tennis ball with this cricket kit. You also get a stump set in this cricket kit that consists of three wickets, a base, and two bails. Even these are made out of high-quality wood that makes this affordable cricket kit highly durable.
It even includes a simple storage and carrying bag that allows you to carry this kit anywhere. A great thing about this cricket kit is that it is available in a total of 8 sizes. This will enable you to buy the perfect size for you irrespective of your age group.
Cricket Bat Type: Wooden Cricket Bat
Cricket Bat kit includes: 1 wooden cricket bat, 3 wickets, 2 bails, wicket base, tennis ball
- Wooden Items: All of the things in this cricketing kit, including the bat, wickets, bail, and the stump base is made out of wood.
- Tennis Ball: Even though you can use the wooden bat of this kit with a leather ball, it comes with a great tennis ball that can be used for playing cricket.
- Suitable for All: This cricket kit comes in a total of 8 different sizes that make it perfect for almost all age groups out there.
Buying Guide for the Best Cricket Kits in India
You can find various cricket kits in this article that are some of the best available here in India. We have also mentioned their major features and options. These things can be quite useful for understanding their differences and buying the correct one. This is highly useful as different users look for different things in a cricket kit. Due to this, some of you might get confused while buying a cricket kit where this buying guide can come in quite handy while buying one. You can find various essential aspects of cricket kits in this buying guide. As a result, you can follow it till the end and buy the perfect cricket kit for you:
1. Cricket Bat
Since these kits are made for playing cricket, the most important thing to check while buying one is the cricket bat itself. While some cricket kits come with a wooden bat, others might include a plastic one. As you would expect, a wooden bat is considered to be the better option while buying a cricket kit. You can even find different kinds of wooden cricket bats out there where Kashmir willow wood bats are considered to be the best one. The bat included in your cricket kit should fit you according to your height so that you can use them without any issues.
2. Cricket Ball
Some cricket kits even include a cricket ball in them that allows you to get started playing right away. Just like the cricket bat of a cricket kit, different kits come with different kinds of cricket balls in them. This can include options like plastic balls, tennis balls, and even a leather ball in some cases. Different balls are useful for playing in different places like the street, the park, or on the pitch. Although most cricket players tend to separately buy a cricket ball while buying cricket kits.
One of the biggest differences between buying a cricket bat and a kit is that you get multiple guards with it. These ensure that you do not get hit by a ball and get hurt. Mostly, cricket kits come with multiple guards to protect all parts of your body. This includes elbow guards, elbow guards, and even abdominal guards. As you would expect, these are useful for protecting your body parts.
You can also find gloves included in cricket kits that offer protection to your hands and palms. But apart from offering protection, these gloves are also useful for offering grip while holding a cricket bat or catching the ball. You should ensure that a given fits you properly while providing a durable build quality. This allows you to have hand protection without affecting your gameplay.
The most important part of your body that needs to be protected from a cricket ball is your head. Due to this, checking the helmet offered by a given cricket kit is highly important. Not only these helmets protect your skull, but they also provide face protection with the help of an inbuilt grill at the front. As a result, you can wear a helmet to protect your head from a cricket ball. You should ensure that its strap is completely tight when you are wearing it. Most cricket kit out there offer an adjustable helmet strap that can be adjusted as per your need.
6. Bag Size
A cricket kit is called a kit as it comes with various things that all come in a bag. And checking the size of this bag is highly important. If your cricket kit comes with a large-sized bag, it ensures that you can easily and properly fit all of your cricket gear in it. While some of these bags have a design similar to a backpack, others might have a design of a gym bag that you need to carry in your hand. This bag also needs to be highly sturdy as the whole cricket kit can weigh a lot. Sturdy construction ensures that a given bag can hold everything without tearing apart.
7. Build Quality
Apart from the build quality of the kit bag, the build quality of the rest of the things in a cricket kit is also highly important. If the gear in your cricket kit is highly durable with excellent build quality, then it can easily last for a long time. This is possible as your cricket kit can easily last against all of the wear and tear it will face while playing cricket on the pitch. Therefore, you should check the build quality of everything, including the bat, protective pads, helmet, gloves, and everything else that comes in your cricket kit.
8. Fit and Comfort
If you want to use the things in your cricket and wear them for a long time while playing cricket, then they should have a proper fit. This ensures that your game does not get affected by loose or tight cricket gear. Therefore, you should buy a cricket kit that is made for your age group. Most of the cricket kits out there come in different sizes that are suitable for different users. All of the protective gear in your cricket kit should also be comfortable. This is important to check as comfortable gear can be worn for a long time without getting tired due to it.
9. Preferred Usage
Not all cricket players out there are the same. While some of them like to play on a pitch like a professional, others might play it casually in the streets or the park. Due to this, different cricket kits are made for different users and their usage. Most of the cricket kits are made for players who want to play on the pitch with safety gear and a high-quality cricket bat. On the other hand, other options might have plastic bat and wicket. These are designed for playing cricket in the street as a casual cricket player. Some of these simpler cricket kits might even come with simple wooden bats that are quite affordable.
We have mentioned some of the best cricket kits in India in this article. These can be quite useful if you play cricket quite often. And the different options present in this article are made for different kinds of cricket players. You can learn more about these cricket kits by checking out their major features and options mentioned in this article. This article even has a detailed buying guide with various important factors regarding cricket kits. In other words, all of these things can be quite useful for easily choosing the perfect cricket for you. However, if you are still confused, you can choose one by choosing one of the following cricket kits:
- The Klapp Champion Cricket Kit offers the best value for money when compared with other options out there. This is due to the reason that it is an affordable cricket kit that comes with everything that you need while playing cricket on a pitch. It includes a bat, pads, helmet, gloves, along with a bag to carry it all easily. All of the things in this cricketing kit have a decent build quality that is quite good for the price. You can even find different sizes in this kit so that these fit for you properly.
- You can go with the SG Economy Cricket kit if you want a bit of a premium cricket kit while playing on the pitch. Since SG is a reputable brand of cricket gear, you can expect high-quality products in this kit. It includes a Kashmir willow bat along with a helmet, batting pads, gloves, thigh pads, and an abdominal guard. As you would expect, you also get a large-sized kit bag for easily carrying all of these with you.
- Although if you want to play cricket in the street or in a park casually, then you can go with the Sunley Wooden Cricket Kit. It is one of the highest-rated affordable and wooden cricket kits available out there. You get a cricket bat and a ball along with a wicket set that is quite great to have at the given price. This cricket kit even comes with a decent carrying bag for storing and taking this kit with you. Because of all these things, this cricketing kit has a high user rating.
Make sure to share your thoughts in the comments section. You can also post any questions down there if you have any!
Last update on 2020-04-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API