Are you a coffee lover like me? Do you believe a nice flavoured coffee will make a quick and happy start of your day? Then you have to invest in a coffee bean grinder to enjoy a cup of coffee made from freshly ground coffee beans rather than pre-packed coffee powder.
Coffee bean grinder crushes the beans to ground form which is used to brew a perfect coffee instantly. With this grinder, you came to know the real and fresh flavour and aroma of the coffee. There are different grinders which rely on different mechanisms to crush these beans. But before buying you have to keep 3 main things in your mind for getting the best and most suited one.
Type – In general, two main types – Burr (crush the coffee beans perfectly with extremely consistent ground) and Blade (produce uneven particles why because it won’t crush or cut the coffee beans evenly) mostly available in the market.
Grinding Setting – The electric grinder with 20 settings, which is ideal for daily coffee users with the required consistency of coffee ground. The coffee grinder have settings like timed, auto-grind and pulse.
Capacity & Size – The capacity of the coffee bean holder should neither be small nor be too large. So, always take proper care in choosing the capacity as per your needs or family size.
To know what are the other factors to consider or how to buy and where to buy, you have to go through the below mentioned Buying Guide along with the Best Coffee Grinders (as per the rating and reviews of online market).
7 Best Coffee Grinders in India 2020
|Coffee Bean Grinder||Grinder Type||Grinding Capacity||Warranty||Buy Now|
|Cuisinart Dbm-8 Supreme Automatic Grinding Mill||Electric Burr Grinder||4-18 cups||18 months||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Blue Tokai Coffee Roasters BaratzaSette||Electric Burr Grinder||74 cups||1 year||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Hamilton Beach 80335 Coffee Grinder||Electric Burr Grinder||12 cups||1 year||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Koryo Coffee Grinder KCG151SGr||Blade Grinder||40 grams||1 years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Hario Ceramic Skeleton Hand Coffee Grinder||Manual Ceramic Burr Grinder||100 grams||--------||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|KRUPS GVX212 Coffee Grinder||Electric Burr Grinder||12 cups||2 years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Delonghi KG40 Electric Coffee Bean Grinder||Blade Grinder||90 grams||1 year||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Best Coffee Grinders in India: Reviews
Here we are providing you with the best rated top selling coffee bean grinders in India. All you need is to choose the one that suits best as per your requirements.
Cuisinart is an American brand known for providing high quality products to their consumers. Their products are a combination of style and efficiency. Among them, Dbm-8 coffee bean grinder has taken first position in our list.
- It has Burr mechanism which provides uniform grinding and ensures optimal flavor as well.
- With 18-position grind selector, you can grind the coffee beans from coarse to ultra-fine according to your preference.
- It has 4 to 18 cups of capacity with a slide dial option. You can grind the beans as per your requirement. It is suitable for medium to large families.
This coffee grinder has elegant style which will blend easily into any kitchen interiors. It is a heavy-duty automatic coffee grinding machine which can grind beans effortlessly.
Separate container is provided for the ground coffee power to collect. As high quality materials are used, this coffee bean grinder will last for a long time. A measuring spoon with cleaning brush is provided along with the machine.
Manufacturer provides 18 months warranty on this product. If you find any defects during this time, you can reach them and send it to their service center for repair or replacement. However, you have bear the transportation fee.
Things We Liked:
- Uniform grinding
- Burr grinding mechanism
- Optimum flavor
- 18-position grind selector
- 4 to 18 cups
- Separate chamber for ground coffee
- Elegantly styled
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Gets over-heated
Blue Tokai is a well-known company that provides lowest to highest workload espresso grinders. These are well designed and comes with good technology and design. This base grinder is one of the best ways to start the espresso journey.
- It incorporates burr grinding mechanism which provides exceptional espresso grind every single time.
- This coffee grinder works great with basic and advanced espresso machines as well.
- It can be used in home, office and coffee shops.
- The speed settings are provided for fine 3.5g sec coarse and 5.5g sec bullet-point
This coffee grinder is specifically designed and perfected over 8 years to provide efficiency and durability. This new mechanism has inner burr and outer burr that rotates. This revolutionary design increased the product’s efficiency by 2 times.
It has solid heavy duty build quality with powerful motor (has steel flat burr blades) and polished alloy exterior will make you enjoy various styles of coffee. It performs a quiet operation and cleaning this grinder is also easy.
Things We Liked:
- Exceptional grinding
- Two grinding speeds
- Efficient and durable
- Quality and finishing of product is good
- Digital display
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Poor customer service
In the coffee bean grinder section, Hamilton is a well-known brand for its quality and efficiency. This coffee grinder is suitable for both household and office purposes.
- It is equipped with powerful blades and motor that will blend coffee beans in to your desired consistency.
- It has the capacity of grinding up to 12 cups of coffee beans at a time.
- Five automatic flavor settings are provided with coffee grinder.
- This product can also be used for grinding spices, apart from coffee beans.
Hamilton Beach coffee grinder comes with removable grinding chamber which makes it easy to clean and maintain the hygiene of the machine. It will shut off automatically after grinding the coffee beans once you let go the press button.
Compared to other coffee grinding machines, this one doesn’t make much noise while working.With precise cup and fineness settings, you can customize the grinding level based on your requirements. Behind the coffee maker, there is a hidden storage where you can store the cord when not in use.
Things We Liked:
- Removable grinding chamber
- Quieter than leading competitor
- Custom grind
- Precise cup and fineness settings
- Hidden cord storage
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Jar is not sturdy enough
The Koryo is a product from Big Bazaar (Future Group), India’s retail pioneer catering to the diverse needs of Indian consumers. You can utilize this grinder in home, small coffee shops or small offices.
- The stainless steel inner container (corrosion resistant) with sharp blades will help you in grinding the coffee beans effectively.
- It has 40 grams grinding capacity. Although, it has less grinding capacity of dry coffee beans but it helps you to experience a rich flavour every time that never before.
- The coffee grinder has stainless steel inner container with sharp blades that comes with anti-corrosion to provide you with an effective grinding and safe to use.
This coffee grinder is made of ABS plastic which is extremely durable that effectively grind the coffee beans to your desired consistency. The safety switch will give you a complete access to turn on and off the coffee grinder when you get the desired ground consistency.
The light indicator will alert you that the grinding is done completely and turn off the grinder. This option will help you to maintain the right temperatures and thereby helps to control the consumption of electricity.
Things We Liked:
- Extremely durable body
- Can be used for grinding masala as well
- Light indicator
- Safety switch
- 1-year warranty
- ABS plastic is used
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Less grinding capacity
- Container is not removable
- Difficult to clean
This Hario hand grinder is an ideal grinder for the coffee enthusiast. This grinder comes with professional features and adaptable functionality.
- It comes with ceramic burr grinder which is operated manually.
- It is ideal to grind the beans from coarse to fine grind with its rock solid ground breaking 166-Watt co-ordinate drive motor spinning at a speed of 1725 rpms.
- Strong stainless steel blades with corrosion resistant feature will grind the beans effectively.
It is small, portable and lightweight that is suitable for home use (to get better control over grinding) due to its quality and solidness.You can also carry it around on your travels so that you don’t have to miss your favorite coffee blend.
Things We Liked:
- Easy to clean and install
- Small, portable and light in weight
- Consistent grinding
- Works well for both travelers and home users
- Perfect for coffee enthusiasts
Things We Didn’t Like:
- As it is manual grinding, it will consume time
- A bit pricey for manual coffee grinder
KRUPS is another coffee grinding machine that is capable of providing exceptional performance. This product is specifically designed for professionals and connoisseurs. These machines are carefully crafted for perfect and precise blend.
- It has burr grinding system which will provide precise and even blend.
- With 17 settings, you can select the ground level for controllable texture. So, you can get your favorite coffee blend from very coarse and very fine.
- Apart from that, the quantity can also be customized from 2 to 12 cups.
It is designed for optimal grinding performance with stainless steel grinding blades and bowl.The clear viewing lid will allow you to see the perfect grind size. All the components are BPA proof and dishwasher safe.
The bean hopper comes with lid which maintains the coffee bean blend fresh and preserves the flavor as well.It consumes 110 watts of power. Manufacturer provides 2 years warranty on the product.
Things We Liked:
- Flat mill system
- Overheating protection
- Quantity customization
- 17 settings from very coarse to very fine
- Freshness and flavor preservation
- 2-years warranty
Things We Didn’t Like:
Last but not least product is Delonghi coffee grinder. his coffee grinder has a sleek compact SS design with one pulse speed that allow you to have a consistent texture of the ground beans (& spices) to enjoy a nice coffee with fresh aroma.
- The stainless steel blades has corrosion resistant that only grind the beans sharply but also last longer.
- It is ideal to grind the beans from coarse to fine grind.
You can easily install, use and clean this grinder. It works with one touch control and the safety lock feature will help you to safely grind the beans.
The bean container is transparent and removable for easy cleaning. Separate space is provided in the coffee grinder is provided for cord storage. 1-year warranty is provided by the manufacturer.
Things We Liked:
- Push to grind system
- Integrated cleaning brush
- Transparent and removable bean container
- Hassle free grinding
- Stainless steel grinding
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Less grinding space
Buying Guide for Coffee Bean Grinder – How to Choose the Best One:
To enjoy the taste of coffee just like in your favourite café, you have to use the best coffee bean grinder. Not knowing what to check while buying and how to choose the best one. To clear your confusion and make you buy the grinder with confidence, we are providing you with the buying guide to know all about coffee grinder in detail.
Types of Coffee Grinder:
There are various types of coffee bean grinders available in the market. Have a look at them before choosing the best one that perfectly suits your requirement.
The unique design of this burr is shaped differently in such a way that helps in crushing the coffee beans perfectly with extremely consistent ground. It comes with two blades in which one is stationary while the other turns with the help of a motor. The coffee beans gets crushed when they came in between these two burrs.
It is made with stainless steel and comes either conical or flat. Ceramic burrs are now available in the market which are hard and durable. You can adjust the levels in burr grinders to get a fine press or coarse or ultra-fine powder. Also, you should have enough counter space before buying.
Conical Burr Grinder – The conical design will make this grinder to produce less grind waste and thereby when compared with flat burr, it produces less consistent size and also it is easy to clean. The cone-shaped ring of this conical burr will sits on another cone-shaped ring. It consumes less energy and has high control.
Flat Burr Grinder – It works quite opposite to cone burr grinder. Due to its design, they produce extremely consistent size with more waste and also it traps particles. This makes the cleaning of flat grinder a tedious work. Coming to its shape, two rings are flat in which one sits on another.
Just like spice grinder, this blade grinder will work to produce uneven particles why because the grinder won’t crush or cut the coffee beans evenly. Instead it makes tiny pieces (or slices) of these beans. Also, you can observe a burnt aroma when you run a blade grinder for a long time with high speed. If it is done, then the beans may lose its aroma.
Manual grounding of the coffee beans will obtain a coffee powder but it may be uneven powder. You have to spend more energy and time for speedily rotating the handle. Suitable for brewing in smaller quantities. For fine press, you have to use more of energy why because it won’t work on any power supply to ground these beans. This type of manual coffee grinder comes portable and compact design.
The electric coffee grinders require a power supply to run the machine. Although, this machine won’t come with compact design but comes with different adjustment settings (like speed and quantity). If you want an evenly ground coffee then opt for this electric grinder. This machine comes with hopper, motor, closing lid and ground collector. Or simply ground the beans according to the number of cups (or) whenever required freshly.
Things to Consider for Coffee Beans Grinder:
Here are a few things which you have to consider before purchasing the coffee bean grinder.
All the electric grinders have different grinding settings to get the required consistency of coffee ground. Some grinders come with 40+ grinding settings to get all the different flavors and styles while other come with 20 settings, which is ideal for daily coffee users to enjoy different types of coffee flavors. The coffee grinder have settings like timed, auto-grind and pulse.
- The Auto-grind will grind the beans based on the cup capacity or selection.
- The pulse will perform grinding the beans to ground by turning on and off the button when it’s done. It is the most available option and suits best for just brewing a cup or two for a few times a day.
- The time-grind allows you to have different ground styles as it is grinded with some fixed time to run the motor.
2. Size and Capacity
The capacity of the coffee bean holder should neither be small nor be too large. The small holder results in repetitive coffee grounds whereas the large one may spoil the beans in case if left untreated (or used) for a longer time. So, always take proper care in choosing the capacity as per your needs or family size.
3. Measurements Allowed
Although, some grinders come with the technology of grinding the required quantity of coffee beans. For instance, you need to ground coffee beans for 2 cups then it grind for only two cups. So, prefer to choose the coffee bean grinder that comes with provision of selection without wasting the coffee beans or ground.
4. Grinder Cleaning
Not only using the coffee bean grinder, you have to clean and maintain it properly why because the uncleaned coffee grinder is unable to provide aromatic coffee ground and also the beans may be damaged gradually, if left uncleaned. So, choose the one which you feel easy and comfortable to clean the coffee grinder.
5. Consistent Coffee Ground
The concept of using this coffee grinder is to obtain the consistency. There are several factors like time adjustment, type of grinder and speed set will help to obtain an even grinding. For best results, choose a burr type grinder which has different setting options.
The grinder speed is generally measured in revolutions per minute (RPM). Do you know that a grinder with high speed motor (blade type) will damage the aroma of the coffee ground and thereby its flavour? So, it is ideal to choose a grinder that operates with medium speed or low speed motors (burr grinders). Also, high speed motors generates a lot of heat and thus it may burn the grinder as well.
- For high speed grinder, prefer flat burrs with powerful motor for consistent grinding without any risk of heat build-up (perfect for espresso grinding).
- For low speed grinders, prefer to use conical or ceramic burrs that grind at low speed to avoid the heat and static build-up.
Every grinder (especially electric) will produce noise (high or low) irrespective of its type or operation. A conical burr grinder makes less noise than flat burr grinder. A burr grinder produces less noise when compared to blade grinder. So, choose the best as per your sensitivity to noise levels.
It’s always good to buy the best coffee grinder in the price range which we can afford. The blade type cost less than burr type grinder and the electric power coffee grinder will cost higher than the manual one. So, choose the best one that suits in your price and requirement.
Dosing tells you how the grinder will distribute the coffee after it gets ground. Some models comes with doser that drop the ground coffee into chambers and thereby it release into the coffee filter when you’re ready to brew. But some people dislike this model why because this let the coffee ground sit in a chamber before use may lose its freshness.
While some other models are doserless which are designed to dispense the ground more directly. Although, you can get fresher coffee with this doserless design but it makes more mess and you have to clean it up after every usage.
In general, the coffee bean grinders are made of either stainless or ceramic (especially for burr grinder). Ceramic burrs help to achieve the perfect fineness and also last longer why because they can work harder and can resist to heat and also costs a little more. Stainless steel burrs are quite common type and has an efficient functioning of grinding the coffee beans.
11. Coffee Ground Size
We generally see 7 varying levels of the coffee ground size that range from extra coarse to super fine. Get the correct size grind for your preferred coffee.
- Extra Coarse Grind – You can get this extra coarse grind with a standard burr grinder, they resembles like peppercorns. Suitable to have cold brewed coffee or cowboy coffee or roll with this extra coarse grind.
- Coarse Grind – It comes with a sea salt consistency and suitable to make coffee in a French press and cold brewed coffee. You can taste different coffees and this also suits well in percolator.
- Medium–Coarse Grind – Its consistency resembles like builder’s sand and tastes good. Suitable in case if you use any decorative brewers on daily basis. Also, experiment a little and broaden your horizons with this medium coarse ground.
- Medium Grind – Suitable for those who are new to this concept of instant grinding coffee beans for coffee. To grab and enjoy the taste of this medium grind, use a wide range of coffee makers like drip brewer with a flat bottom, conical pour over brewer, turbo-charged aeropress, or siphon brewer, as it this medium grind come with multipurpose option.
- Medium Fine Grind – It works well with pour-over drippers, as it won’t be a fine powder and suits best to enjoy the espresso.
- Fine Grind – The most suited and popular size, as it is finer than salt. Best suitable to make a perfect espresso whenever you need.
- Super Fine Grind – Also, named as Turkish. It is somewhat difficult to source and if you want this grind then you definitely need a grinder for perfectly fine grinding.
Advantages / Benefits of Coffee Grinder
- Within a few minutes, you can make the coffee ground to get ready and thereby you can enjoy a nice cup of coffee.
- Get a chance to enjoy a freshly brewed coffee with various flavors along with fresh coffee aroma.
- It costs less to have a coffee when compared with coffee shops or bars.
- Different size and consistency can be obtained to prepare different types of coffees with perfect flavour.
How to Clean & Maintain the Coffee Grinder
Cleaning the grinder (removing the excess ground) will help to provide you with a best coffee powder with fresh aroma. The leftover ground or beans may degrade if left for a longer time and thereby results in improper grinding and tasteless coffee.
Here is the detailed procedure that help you in its cleaning and maintenance.
- For best results, clean hopper and chamber (where the oil produced due to grinding will sticks) in every week and it is suggested to deep clean the grinder for every 3 – 6 months with a soft cloth to clear the excess left over.
- Some grinders has an option of removable hopper which helps for thorough cleaning, whenever needed.
- Make sure to turn off the grinder and unplug everything before cleaning.
- Then remove the grinder chamber, hopper, outer blade or burr and all other parts which are removable.
- Now wipe the grinder with a soft lint-free cloth.
- If you found the oil stain is too heavy then simply use a mild liquid soap water to rinse it off.
- Thoroughly dry the grinder and its parts with a soft cloth.
- Never ever allow any water to pass into the motor or inner burr, as it may damage the motor.
- Clean the parts which can’t be removed with the help of lint free brush.
- Finally, re-assemble the coffee grinder to make it ready to use.
- For cleaning electric coffee grinder, simply pour 1/4 cup of rice in the grinder and run the motor for about a minute or two. Then use a damp paper towel to remove the rice flour and wipe off the grinder neatly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Both the burr and blade type coffee grinder performs best but the burr type (consistent and uniform) has a few more pros over the blade type grinder (coarse and uneven). Let’s see what those pros that promote burr type are.
The burr grinder has sophisticated nature that results in consistent ground whereas the blade grinder won’t have any consistency. The burr will produce less heat which in turn preserve the aroma while the blade grinder (work similar to food processor) will get heat up quickly.
In general, a coffee grinder will grind the coffee beans that range from fine to coarse by depending on the time and speed of grinding. We use either burr or blade type of coffee grinder to ground the beans and they both results in different grinding of coffee beans.
*Simply pouring the coffee beans into the machine.
*If you’re using a bladed grinder then it uses the blades to ground the beans when you power on the switch.
Turn off when you get the desired consistency and most people think that they have to run the blade grinder for a long time to get the fine grind. But it may resulting in overheating of the motor and thereby damage the aroma of the beans.
*If you are using a burr grinder which press the coffee beans in a uniform size by crushing in between its two blades.
*The coffee after crushed will be stored in the hopper and then it gets dropped to chamber after it passes through the burrs.
*Take out the coffee ground to prepare your coffee in a desired style.
Here are some suggestions for coffee ground size that help you to brew the perfect coffee in different styles.
*For Drip coffee, try a medium grind or medium fine grind to enjoy the perfect coffee flavour.
*For French Press coffee, Prefer to use a coarse grind to get best results.
*For Cold Brew coffee, use extra-coarse or coarse or medium grind. This style will gives you a flexibility of using any grind size that works best for you.
*For Espresso coffee, fine grinds or super fine ground will work best.
*For Stove Top coffee (or Turkish), choose fine grind to enjoy a perfect cup of coffee.
*For Automatic Coffee Makers, go with the medium grind size.
Although, the prepacked coffee grounds are easy to buy at less cost but it won’t offer you the freshness (fresh aroma from slightly roasted beans) and the control over freshly ground beans.
Freshness – You will definitely get the feel of having a fresh and nicely brewed coffee with the coffee ground that won’t come from pre-ground beans in a packet. Prefer to get a roasted beans and these beans will last for 2 – 3 weeks.
Control – You can get the control over the choice of grind size (from coarse to fineness) to prepare various styles of coffee like French press, drip or espresso.
The ground coffee when exposed to certain elements like air, light and moisture will make the coffee to start going downhill. So, mostly prefer to keep the coffee beans rather than storing the coffee ground. Although, the ground coffee will stay fresh for 2 – 3 weeks but it lasts for a few months, if stored properly that won’t taste good. Make your ground fresh every time to enjoy a fresh coffee with nice aroma.
Although, buying the pre-ground coffee is cheap and easy but to enjoy a cup of coffee with fresh aroma and flavor by grinding the roasted coffee beans freshly will definitely give you a satisfying experience in every sip. So, it’s always best to invest in the coffee grinder to have different varieties of coffee anytime.
However, all the above mentioned products are best in the market. But as per our experts…
For Electric Type Grinder, you can buy Cuisinart Electric Coffee Grinder, as it comes with high grinding capacity with a powerful motor, heavy build quality and speed to achieve the desired consistency of grind quickly.
For Manual Type Grinder, go with HARIO Hand Grinder MSCS – 2B Coffee Mill, why because it comes with professional features and adaptable functionality. It is small, portable and lightweight that gives better control over grinding due to its quality and solidness.
What’s your pick from the above list? Did you find anything we missed about coffee grinder? Then feel free to share your experience (or) queries in the comments section.