Not all of us are blessed with a separate roof for ourselves, we have to share them in apartments, flats, and quarters etc. Often finding no space to hang our clothes for drying we decide to put them on the balcony railings or inside the room, which is not very likeable to many of us!
To solve the problem some of us opt for an electric drier which saves time but leaves you with faded clothes, weaken fabrics and a sky-high electricity bill. But if you want to save on your electricity bills and don’t like to hang your clothes in your balcony then you should think of getting a cloth drying rack for yourself right now.
These racks can be placed on your balcony or any corner of your home, some are foldable, and some are wall-mounted comes in a variety of shapes and sizes. They not only take less space but also come handy in the rainy seasons, they keep your garments wrinkle free in an organized manner, extends their life and cut down on your electricity bill.
Before you start digging into the market there are things to look at like the amount of laundry you will hang, depending on that you need to choose the size and the material of the rack. If you have the option to dry clothes outside, there are special outdoor drying racks. If you can’t afford much space, garment drying racks is not a good choice as they will take the entire laundry space, while wall-mounted racks are more preferable. To make things more clear we have a full “buying guide” that includes all your questions, their answers and must considerable facts to know before buying one.
Below in this article, we present to you a complete review of 10 best drying racks that you can go for in 2019. They are listed after testing them for hours and consulting with their users. They also have excellent ratings online and will help you to make the right choice without wasting your time on further research.
Top 10 Cloth Drying Stands in India 2019
|Cloth Drying Racks||Item Weight||Capacity||Drying Space||Material||Buy Now|
|PARASNATH Clothes Drying Stand||4 kg||40 kg||50 feet||Powder-coated steel & plastic||Check the Price|
|SYNERGY Foldable Cloth Dryer||7 kg||30 kg||55 feet||Stainless steel||Check the Price|
|TNC Premium Cloth Drying Stand||5 kg||45 kg||60 feet||Carbon Steel||Check the Price|
|Bathla Clothes Drying Stand||4.1 kg||2 kg||40 feet||Aluminium||Check the Price|
|Magna Homewares Cloth Drying Stand||4.1 kg||45 kg||70 feet||Carbon Steel||Check the Price|
|Homwel Ceiling Clot Hanger/Dryer||5.5 kg for 5 feet||20 kg||48 feet||Stainless steel||Check the Price|
|Kurtzy Foldable Clothes Dryer||8.5 kg||3 kg||6.22 feet||Stainless steel||Check the Price|
|Celebrations Cloth Dryer Stand||5.4 kg||3 kg||42 feet||Mild steel||Check the Price|
|PAffy Cloth Drying Stand||10.7 kg||45 kg||70 feet||Stainless steel||Check the Price|
|ADA Cloth Drying Stand||2 kg||20 kg||55 feet||Mild steel||Check the Price|
The Top 10 Best Drying Racks in India 2019 – Reviews
This large cloth drying rack from Parasnath comes with amazing capacity, perfect for those who are searching for heavy-duty cloth drying racks and by far the best drying stand at this price range. The 3 poles 3 layer jumbo rack has allotted space to hang your intimates, apparels to bed-sheets for adequate airflow and fast drying.
The design is made to provide sufficient space and line for different garments. Setting up is really easy with the manual guide, can be done by anyone. It has a total of 6 wings and 4 rails on each wing; in addition to that it has arms to hang clothes in a hanger.
The unit is made of solid steel and coated with plastic with a heavy frame that doesn’t bend or fall or break even when fully loaded. You can store it in your bathroom, or outdoor because it has anti-corrosion and anti-rusting features to last for a very long time.
You can fit it in any corner of your room or balcony; the foldable wings create a flatter more compact shape which further saves your space. When not in use, you can completely disassemble the rack to fit inside your closet too.
|Drying Space||50 feet|
|Dimensions||(75-126) X 64 X 170 cm|
|Maximum load capacity||40 kg|
|Product weight||4 kg|
Other Notable Factors:
- 2 Top bars– 2 top bars on each side to hang bed-sheets or curtains
- Accordion design– the accordion design is raised and expanded into an upstanding position and hook up to lock it in place
- PVC coating– the stands are PVC coated and waterproof. Prevents odour and mildew formation
- Additional arms– 2 additional arms are present to hang clothes in the hanger, fix the hanger in the hole of the additional arm
- Castor wheels– A wheel stand with six 360 degree motion wheels make it easy to move in any direction
The product is truly a value for money product. It comes with loads of drying space, easy folding and moving option, rustproof and waterproof pipes with PVC coating, 360-degree rotational wheels, 2 top bars for hanging bed-sheets and 2 additional arms. The quality of the material could be better though, but at this price point of view, it is negligible.
- Multi-structural design for better airflow
- Waterproof, anti-rusting, anti-corrosion
- Foldable wings for compact storage
- Durable tubular structure- plastic coated steel made with polypropylene copolymer
- Expandable accordion design
- 360-degree rotational castor wheel for greater mobility
- Additional arms for hangers to hang more clothes
- Could have used better quality steel and plastic
- Hard to assemble
Made with 202 high quality stainless steel; the double pole cloth dryer from Synergy is a good alternative to Parasnath! This is crafted in a way to provide you convenient air-drying both indoor and outdoor.
From delicate hand-wash to everyday laundry this has a solution to keep them in a very organized way. It has a total of 55 feet of drying space and 24 hanging rods that provide ample air-flow between the clothes for fast drying.
Wing style design provides easy set-up in minutes. Expand the rack into an upright position then hook the bar in the desired place and lock it. For saving the laundry space fold the wings after drying and store it in a smaller place.
The high-quality heavy-duty stainless steel can withstand adverse weather conditions. Clean epoxy coating over the metal rods fight stains, rust and mildew formation. You can place it in your damp laundry room, rooftop, balcony even bathroom.
Furthermore, the manufacturer provides a lifetime warranty on the product in case of rust formation or breakage.
|Drying Space||55 feet|
|Maximum load capacity||30 kg|
|Product weight||7 kg|
Other Notable Features-
- Ease of use– allows to fold the middle frame for drying bed-sheets, blankest etc
- Castor wheels– It comes with four 360 degree ranges of motion castor wheels, which glides over any surface smoothly without the chassis changing its directions.
- Additional arm– 4 hanging slots for hangers to hang more clothes
- Easy to assemble– set-up guide provides hassle-free assemble in a few minutes
The unit has every other feature if compared to Parasnath-our 1st choice, but the only reason it falls behind is that it is flimsy, and it can tip easily if not placed right. Otherwise, it is a great option, offers ample drying space, great quality steel rods, has a lot of carrying capacity and two top bars to hang bed-sheet, curtains etc.
- Made with heavy-duty stainless steel for greater durability
- 55 feet of drying space, 24 hanging rods
- Smooth epoxy finish is rust proof, stain proof prevents mildew formation
- 4 castor wheels of 360-degree movement
- Additional arms to hang clothes in hangers
- Lifetime warranty on the product
- Not very stable can tip due to wind
- Plastic finish is not good
Another multilayered drying rack for people who has a strict budget but has a lot of laundries to do!
A total of 26 rods are designed to neatly hold your clothes while passing sufficient air for fast drying. Eight rods below the racks are useful to hang socks, innerwear and delicate while sixteen others are strategically placed to hang your shirts, blouse, towels, jeans etc.
The stainless steel made wide rack gives you 60 feet of optimum drying space. The heavy-duty stainless steel rack can be placed anywhere from your laundry room to the bedroom even in outdoors under rain and sun. It doesn’t collapse even with a full load of up to 25 kg. The steel rods coated with epoxy eliminate rust and mildew effectively.
Wing style design takes minutes to set-up, just expand the rack into an upright position and lock the bars in its place. The easy portable racks with castor wheels can be placed anywhere inside your house. When not in use, fold it into a flat compact structure to store it in any preferable corner of your room.
|Drying length||60 feet|
|Maximum load capacity||45 kg|
|Colour||Sky Blue/ Orange|
|Product weight||5 kg|
Other Notable Factors-
- Additional arms– 2 plastic arms with a holder to hold clothes on hangers
- Variable folding– fold the middle/ upper rows according to your need. Like- for drying bed-sheets, fold the middle rows as they need more space for hanging.
- Castor wheels– a 360-degree range of motion castor wheels for swift movement
Overall, the product is a good choice, space is good with 60 feet, you get high-quality stainless steel material, 25 kg of carrying capacity and a lifetime warranty on the product and importantly the price is also on the lower side. Though it is hard to assemble, you will be able to do it after trying 2-3 times.
- Stainless steel rod with epoxy coating eliminates rust, stain and odour
- 60 feet of drying space
- 360-degree range of motion wheels
- 25 kg carrying capacity
- Lifetime warranty on the product
- Hard to assemble
- Poor delivery is some areas
- Not very stable
If you are hesitating on buying a multilayered rack thinking that it will end up consuming all your laundry space, then Bathla foldable drying stand would be the right choice for you.
This foldable cloth drying stand with 40 feet of drying capacity easily accommodates all your daily laundries. The ergonomic design is intended to give optimum drying space when in use and minimal storing space when folded. The entire body folds into a compact body frame for you to place it in the smallest corner of the room.
The high-end powder-coated steel rods with engendered HDPE components shows total resistance to corrosion and built for all weather conditions.
Different sized rows optimized to hold your different style clothes, where the upper rows are made to hold your shirts, tops, jeans, blouse and the lower and side rows to hold smaller clothes for undergarments, socks, napkins etc.
Easy to carry yet sturdy enough to take heavy loads, the special arms lock stretches the arms outwards while locking them tightly in place. In addition to all this, the manufacturer has covered the product with 1 year of a comprehensive warranty.
|Drying length||40 feet|
|Dimensions||100 X 62 X 6 cm|
|Maximum load capacity||2 kg|
|Product weight||4.1 kg|
Other notable features-
- Drying space– 40 feet
- Maximum load– 2 kg
- Colour- it is available in white and orange
- Foldable dual-tier design– entire body folds into a small compact structure for easy storage
- Multi-level– upper tier for larger clothes and lower tier for smaller clothes
- Rubber bushes– rubber bushes in the feet for a nice grip and stability
To wrap it up, the unit is a solid piece, has a compact design, it is lightweight yet strong enough not to fall, has plenty of drying space, withstands adverse weather conditions and doesn’t ask you to put the effort in assembling. The material they provide is not stainless steel but the quality is superior, it is well coated outside to last you several years.
- 40 feet of drying space
- All weather resistant powder coated steel rods
- Foldable dual-tier design for compact storage
- Two-tier drying space to hang different sized clothes
- Very sturdy and stable with a full load
- 1-year warranty on the product
- Not stainless steel
Magna Homewares Advance series with 2 poles and 3 layers is another big-size multi-positional cloth drying rack. The drying rack with 3 layers 6 wings in an alternative position provides a generous amount of space and air to flow.
The entire chassis is made up of high-tensile mild steel that can take the laundry load of the entire family. The pipes coated with pure-polyester powder fights stains, mildew and rust actively. Also, the plastic joints are made with virgin plastic parts and UV ray protected to reduce the chances of heat damage.
It is designed in such a way that it can fold itself flat to adjust in a thin space after finishing the drying process. The four castor wheels can move in 360-degree angles, changing its direction swiftly, and gliding on the surface without making any scratch on the floor.
|Drying length||70 feet|
|Dimensions||(75-126) x 64 x 170 cm|
|Maximum load capacity||45 kg|
|Product weight||4.1 kg|
The unit has a lot of holding capacity, offers good quality and easy storage moreover the price is also reasonable. With this it has a major drawback that it is not very stable, it can tip easily in windy weather conditions, so better not to keep outdoors, other than this it is a good quality product and worth the price.
Other Notable Features:
- 6 hanging frames– 6 hanging frames or wings, 3 in each side with 4 pipes on each side
- Multi-dimensional rack– the rack can be adjusted in different heights according to the length of the clothes
- Foldable wings– the six wings can be folded flat for easy and convenient storage
- 2 plastic attachments– 2 additional plastic attachments with holes to hang shirts, blouses in a hanger
- 70 feet of drying space with 45 kg maximum load capacity
- Mild steel rods with powder polyester coating enhances its durability
- 360-degree rotation castor wheels for smooth movements
- Easy compact storage with foldable wings
- 2 plastic attachments with holes for hanging hangers
- 12 months of warranty
- It is not very stable, could have better balance
- No set-up manual provided
For people who don’t want to use the floor space for another drying rack or simply don’t need that much of drying space can check this amazing ceiling cloth drier from Homwell.
The ceiling mount dryer is suitable to place in verandah, corridor, terrace and even bathroom. It comes in a total of 6 sizes, you can choose according to your space and room size. All packages have 6 pipes made of high-quality stainless steel which is rust proof. Each pipe can be pulled downward for putting wet clothes and pulled back to the ceiling again. It goes out of the way and stays hidden when not in use.
Hook plates and the hanger pipes are made of metal to maintain quality performance with time. The pulley rails are made using high-quality nylon ropes; they are further UV ray protected to eliminate sun damage.
Other cheap material weighs around 2 kg but the 6 pipe X 5 feet ceiling cloth dryer with almost 4 kg of weight ensures the use of better quality material. The dimensions and minimum space criteria vary with the size you take. Also, you will get a 1-year manufacturing warranty from Homwell.
|Drying length||48 feet|
|Sizes||4, 5 , 6, 7, 8 feet|
|Maximum load capacity||20 kg|
|Product weight||5.5 kg for 5 feet|
Other Notable Features-
- Materials used: High quality metal pulley rail and UV Protected Nylon rope for long life and durability.
- Installation– installation is to be done by the customers. You may need the help of a professional, any carpenter would be able to mount it else you can check ceiling cloth dryer installation on YouTube.
- Multiple sizes: Available in multiple sizes. You can choose according to your own space requirements.
The product is one of the best wall-mounted cum ceiling-cloth dryers, though it doesn’t have much capacity like other folded and multi-layered drying racks, it is very convenient if you are looking for a dryer with lesser space to hang in your balcony, corridor etc. The product offers good quality, looks premium and doesn’t need to be folded or dismantled for storage.
- Pure stainless steel.
- Multiple sizes.
- Reasonable pricing
- Durable and sturdy.
- Takes less space.
- No need to fold or disassemble.
- Limited capacity
- Not easy to fix.
Kurtzy Foldable rack is longer and wider than many of the foldable drying racks in the market. With bigger space comes faster drying and drying of loads of laundries.
Made of heavy-duty stainless steel, the rack boasts 13 meters of total drying space. The polycarbonate powder coated on the outside gives it a clean finish which is resistant to rust.
It has 19 rods to hang your clothes and can hold a complete load of laundries. The upper layer with 17 rods or pipes is where you can put your shirt, jeans, tops, kurtis and one side row on each side is to hang your socks, napkins, underwear etc. It can hold as much as 35 clothes (tops/shirts) at once.
Lightweight and foldable rack doesn’t need any assembling; it is a ready-to-use product. Easy to open and close, it can be utilized for both indoor and outdoor drying. The accordion design with two linear wings and two vertical stands can be folded flat to take very little space when drying is done.
|Drying length||6.22 feet|
|Maximum load capacity||3 kg|
|Product weight||8.5 kg|
Other Notable Features-
- Rubber bushes– bottom legs with rubber bushes shows a strong and steady grip to the ground, doesn’t collapse with a full load.
- Flat drying– two wings spread horizontally along the top creating a flat surface convenient for drying flat-drying items like sweaters, which otherwise require more time for drying.
- Easy folding– the simplistic design makes it the easiest to fold and open, takes seconds
We can say that the product is a good option to go for if you didn’t like its alternative Bathla foldable rack. Drying space is equal in both but the difference comes in the material used, on the positive side it is made of stainless steel what Bathla lacks! On the negative side, it is heavier compared to Bathla. Also, it is difficult to move with the load because the design is wider, while Bathla with its compact design is very easy to move even with a full load.
- Simplistic design for easy folding
- Made of stainless steel
- Rustproof powder coating
- 13 meters of drying space
- Feet with rubber bushes
- Can be used indoor and outdoor
- Flat wings span for flat-drying
- Heavy to carry
- No lock in the legs makes it difficult to move with load
Yet another foldable cloth drying stand on the list. With 42 feet of drying space, the foldable rack comes with mild steel fabrication which is further powder coated for extra longevity and protection against rust and dust. It is suitable to use in all weather conditions both indoors and outdoors.
The rack is very lightweight thereby moving and lifting is hassle-free, mainly crafted keeping the convenience and comfort of women in mind. The design is modified to hold up to 15 clothes at a time, including all types of Indian attires. It comes in a ready-to-use form, requires no assembling or professional installation.
Feet are of criss-cross pattern for added stability with full laundry load. It has two side wings that are folded together with the foot into a flat and compact design to fit in any corner of the room.
Other Notable Factors-
- Plastic bushes– plastic bushes in the feet make it stable while making is easy to move and drag
- Lightweight– the entire body is made up of mild steel which makes it easy to carry and move
- Convenient height level– the height is perfect for all aged women to reach without bending
The last foldable drying rack on the list is a good competitor to the other two mentioned above. The drying space is again equal to the previous one, the design is quite similar to Kurtzy but it is lighter in weight thus easier to carry and fold. The major difference you will find is in the material used, it is not very reliable also not stable either.
- 42 ft of drying space
- Power coated pipes are rust proof
- Easy lifting and folding
- Plastic bushes in feet
- Poor quality paint
- The manufacturer says it can hold 40 kg of weight which is not true
Another large capacity drying stand with 6 wings to hang your tops, jeans, t-shirts and a top bar to hang your sari and bed-sheets. It has a total of 60 feet of well-organized drying space for adequate air-flow between clothes.
The strong tubular construction is entirely made up of polypropylene copolymer coated steel pipes to lasts for a longer time. The metal rack is rustproof and waterproof with a clean finish that also eliminates any bad odour or mildew formation.
The accordion styled rack can be expanded to a desirable upright position then hook the bar to lock it in its place. You can fold the wings to flat when not in use or can completely dismantle the rack in case of space crunch at your room. Also, a comprehensive set-up guide comes with the package to assist you in assembling the whole stand dryer.
Other Notable Features-
- Different folding options– can be folded in different styles as fold the middle/bottom layer to provide more hanging space.
- Two top bars– it can be utilized to hang sari, curtains and bed-sheets
- Easy movement– six 360 degree range of motion castor wheels are located on the base stand for multidirectional movement
- Two additional arms– put the hangers in the arm slot to hang more clothes
Like the name suggests, the jumbo rack is made to hang a pile of laundries. The unit is durable, strong and stable, it is rust proof as well as waterproof and can be placed anywhere you like, pretty similar to other multilayered drying racks. But it is disappointing that the plastic quality is bad and they often deliver the package with lesser number of screws.
- 6 hanging frames, 3 on each side with 4 rods in each frame
- Waterproof and rustproof powder covered steel
- Different folding options for different cloth hanging
- Six 360 degree rotational castor wheels
- Two top bars for hanging larger clothes
- Two additional arms for hanging hangers
- Missing screws
- Hard to assemble
This multilayered 2 pole drying stand has 6 wings (3 on each side) and a larger 55 feet drying space with total 24 hanger slots. The top wings work well for socks, innerwear, and the remaining wings can fit pretty much everything from towels, shirts, kurtis, and jeans etc. 2 bottom rods can be utilized to dry shoes and slippers.
Mild-steel rods with waterproof adhesive coating look clean and actively eliminate rust, stain and mildew. The plastic joints and side arms are made using ABS and pp plastic which makes it comparatively lightweight and sustainable at the same time. You can place it in your laundry room or balcony.
The wing style design is user-friendly and the whole set-up is much easier and takes less time compared to others. It is opened by simply pulling the side arms out. When not in use, fold the arms down to keep it out of sight and save space.
Other Notable Features-
- Castor Wheels– 4 castor wheels at the base ensures 360-degree smooth movement
- 2 side wings– two side wings with hanger slots to dry shirts without creating wrinkles
- Easy Setup: Comprehensive set up included in the package.
The unit is strong, the finish is good, ample drying space, pipes are rust and waterproof and the price is also reasonable. Considering its negative points, there is no bar for hanging larger clothes like curtains and bed-sheet, which we think is a major missing as a heavy-duty dryer. Also, it is flimsy; the pipes keep falling with the slightest movement so you need to keep it out of reach, especially from kids.
- Easy to assemble
- 55 feet of large drying space
- Waterproof and rustproof rods
- 360-degree rotational wheels
- 2 side wings for hangers
- Flimsy rods
- No bar for hanging bed-sheets
- The plastic quality could be better
Things to Keep in Mind While Choosing a Cloth Drying Rack
Cloth drying racks may look very simple and you might select anyone by just looking at it, but keep in mind it should benefit you and serve your purpose. Your clothes are meant to be dry, don’t let them affected by rust, mildew or heat which is a very common problem to many customers. It should be strong, sturdy to hold your clothes but should not block your entire laundry space; also you don’t need to pay extra for huge racks that you will hardly ever use. This buying guide is going to be your bible with all the necessary information you need to get the perfect one that is worthy of your investment.
Cloth drying racks come in all shapes and sizes. They can be broadly classified into two main categories – flexible drying racks which are independent entities that can be moved around from place to place and wall-mounted drying racks which are not movable.
1. Types of Cloth Drying Racks
Here are the five most common types of cloth drying racks available on the market today.
- Foldable Drying Racks: The most flexible and multipurpose of all, foldable drying racks are space-efficient and can be used anywhere, indoors as well as outdoors. Some of these have extendable winged sides with additional rods on either end for extra laundry. This type of drying racks can be folded down to a flat shape for easy storage and/or portability.
- Garment Drying Racks: These are not foldable or collapsible and are generally meant for indoor use. They usually come on wheels and consist of single or double rods to hang up your wet clothes on hangers.
- Tower Drying Racks: These are meant for places where there is not much space. Tower drying racks are tall structures with multiple layers towering above and a compact base. Generally, their height is approximately equal to that of a standard shower stall.
- Accordion Drying Racks: Shaped like the musical instrument called the accordion, these types of wall-mounted drying racks are meant for drying out relatively small amounts of clothing. They are space-saving and can be folded back on to the wall when not in use.
- Ceiling/Hanging Drying Racks: This is meant for places where there is no floor space available at all. It is hung from the ceiling/curtain rod and can be pulled down to hang wet clothes on it. It can be installed both indoors and outdoors but has relatively less space for drying out clothes.
2. Size – How many clothes? How much space?
One of the major factors that determine what type of clothes drying rack you should buy is the amount/number of clothes that are washed on a daily basis at your place. Is it more than a full washing machine load at any given time? You need a multi-layered drying rack with extendable folding sides. Or is it just baby clothes and a shirt or two every now and then? A simple wall-mounted drying rack should do the trick.
Also, the space you have at your disposal is an important factor here. Do you have a spacious balcony or verandah to lay out a multi-layered drying rack with a broad base? Or there is a space constraint and you have just a narrow alley for a drying rack that towers up but has a compact base?
3. The Material of the Cloth Drying Rack
Wet clothes tend to leave behind odors and stains on racks with prolonged use. Hence, it is recommended to opt for a rack made up of a material that is rust-resistant, anti-corrosion as well as mildew-free. They are mainly made of three types of materials as wood, plastic, stainless steel, aluminum with plastic.
Plastic is a good option, since it does not rust and can be wiped clean easily. Stainless steel is even better since it is considerably sturdy for heavier clothes. Aluminum made racks with plastic parts is usually lightweight and easy to carry but they should be strong enough to hold your wet clothes.
If opting for a wooden drying rack, make sure it is made of hardwood and not softwood because the latter tends to get spoilt easily as it has the ability to absorb water from wet clothes over time.
4. Single-layered or Multi-layered?
Drying racks which have rods placed at a single level are less useful than multi-layered ones. This is because the latter gives you the option of drying both larger clothes (at the top) as well as smaller clothes (down below) all at the same time. Also, multi-layered drying racks usually have a larger capacity of holding clothes than single-layered ones. It is also advisable to opt for a drying rack that has extendable foldable wings on the sides for additional space.
5. Configuration and stability
Some racks looks like they can hold a lot of laundries but are wobbly. Look at their maximum carrying capacity as jeans or sweater weighs almost double when wet. Generally racks which has legs to slant outwards are more stable and stands steadily if loaded properly. The vertically placed pole racks are not suitable for heavy loading can tip very easily. Wall mounted racks should be able to carry heavy weight clothes if fastened properly with enough studs.
6. Additional features
Castor wheels for easy portability, adjustable height; additional rods/spaces for hangers and safety locks for the arms are additional features that can come in useful in a cloth drying rack.
Dry Cloth Racks Customers FAQs
It will depend upon the space you have in your home, if you have enough space you can choose garment driers, which can hold a lot of weight but comes with bigger dimensions and above 6 feet of height. If you live in a small apartment opt for any foldable rack instead. They are easy to move once you are done drying, they are shorter in dimension and weighs pretty light, but cannot hold too many laundries. You can also consider of having a wall-mounted rack in case you don’t have any floor-space.
Stainless steel would be the best; they are strong and corrosion resistant but costlier. For a plastic rack take a good look at its carrying capacity, wooden racks are strong but they grow mildew if not taken proper care. Metal racks other than stainless steel are budget friendly but often not sturdy enough and prone to rust; take a good look on the material that they use. They come with a warranty period after which you may need to buy another one.
The big garment racks can carry a lot of laundry as much as 7-10 kg while the foldable ones and the tower drying racks holds limited weight, suitable for singles or small families with 3-4 members. If you overload, chances are they might break or tip anytime.
No! They don’t need professional installation except wall-mountable racks. Multilayered rack may seem confusing but they provide manuals so you can assemble it with your own, without any difficulty. Foldable ones doesn’t need any assembling, they are ready-to-use products.
To use them outdoors make sure they have enough support to stand steadily in windy weathers. Go for the ones which have wider legs and multiple stands slant outwards. The vertically oriented tower racks tend to tip easily in windy days, whereas the metal coated racks can form rust if you leave them outside forever.
The huge garment driers comes with wheels for easy portability, you need to fit them in the stand. The foldable ones are lightweight can be carried by oneself; the tower racks are also light weight may come with wheels or easy push feet.
If you take proper care they may last for a much longer time than your expectations. For this try to keep them in dry environment, don’t leave them in rain as these cause rust formation and the stands become loose or wobbly. For wooden racks, let them dry between uses.
We tend to forget that some of our wardrobe favourites need extra care like dry-wash or hand-wash only and perhaps chemical-free drying of clothes in the warm sun is the easiest and work as the best natural disinfectant of all. So, keeping this in mind, these 10 listed clothes drying racks are very useful and effective. All of them are well equipped with a lot of features like castor wheels for easy movement, easily foldable, accordion design, extra additional arms for more capacity, strong material used etc.
Out of all, our top pick from this list of the top 10 best cloth drying racks to buy online in India is the PARASNATH Prime 3 Poll Clothes Drying Stand.
It is lightweight, easily movable with 360-degree rotation wheels and most importantly waterproof which is very essential so as to provide hassle-free performance for a long time. The pipes are total PVS coated; also the capacity is sufficient for a pile of laundries every day. And all this, at a reasonable price! Thus, it is specially handpicked for you.
Which one is your favourite drying rack? Do let us know in the comment section below! Also, do you want us to include a drying rack that is better than any of these products, ping us below? We are all ears!