Excited to see your baby taking their first steps? Baby walkers are the good option, these walkers’ supports physically during the early stages of learning to stand and walk.
The right models help your baby to develop key muscle strength that is needed to support proper locomotion and also helps your baby to the idea of balancing on their own foot.
There are few factors to consider before you buy the baby walker
Age and Weight limit: The age and weight limit of the walker is point to be considered as this helps you to understand if the walker is suitable for your baby or not.
Safety: Safety of the baby is the main concern of every parent, walker with wide base, anti slip pads, non skid grips and safety bumpers gives most safety to your baby. As baby grows quickly, always buy a walker with adjustable heights as it helps you to use in long run.
Good seat padding, entertainment console, Wheels and weight of the walker are few other things to check before buying that are described in our Buying Guide.
We spoke to couple of mothers and have done some legwork to find out exactly which features are most important and successfully we have done research and tested couple of baby walkers to find one that will meet your needs.
Top 5 Baby Walkers in India 2020
|Baby Walkers||Suitable Age||Recommend Weight up to||Item Weight (approx.)||Buy Now|
|Mee Mee Baby Walker||6 - 18 months||12 Kg||3.9 kg||Check the Price|
|Goyal's Monkey Baby Walker||6 - 48 months||25 Kg||3.4 kg||Check the Price|
|LuvLap Comfy Baby Walker||6 - 24 months||15 Kg||5.2 kg||Check the Price|
|BAYBEE 2 n 1 Sit to Stand Baby Walker||10-18 months||12 Kg||1.8 kg||Check the Price|
|Panda Baby Walker||8 - 24 months||15 Kg||3.5 kg||Check the Price|
Here are the Best Baby Walkers of 2020 Reviews
Mee Mee Baby Walker is the best baby walker in India because it is made of premium quality materials to ensure durability and safety. This wonderful baby walker is available in – blue, green, pink colors and sturdy design monitors the baby’s first steps.
Compared to other baby walker brands, it is made of a soft cushioned material to give extreme comfort to the babies. The padded seat is absolutely comfortable to use, detach and wash effortlessly.
As soon as the baby grows, you can adjust the height of baby walker in 4 different positions and 360° rotating wheels for easy mobility. To entertain the kids, it features removable electronic toys and synchronizes with the pleasant music.
When your child feels hungry, this walker serves snacks/meals by removing the tray using the feeding section. Long push handle gives access to parents to control the baby walkers in halls, dining or outdoors and a footrest is beneficial when the walker is in motion.
In a nutshell, this Mee Mee baby walker offers reliable performance and comfort to the babies. The age recommendation for using this walker is 6-18 months and a maximum of 3 years by supporting the 12 kg baby weight. The major downside of using this product is it does not feature safety wheel lock and switch-off button to stop the music.
- Comes at reasonable prices.
- 360° rotating wheels for easy mobility.
- Available in blue, green, and pink colors.
- Sturdy design removable entertaining toys.
- Removable and washable seat for babysitting.
- Suitable for 6-18 months baby with 12 kgs weight.
- Soft and durable cushion material offers extreme comfort.
- Comes with 4 height adjustment settings as per the baby growth.
- A bit heavy to carry.
- There is no switch off button for music.
- No safety wheel lock to control the walker.
While choosing the best walker for toddlers, you would have come across Goyals Monkey Baby Walker. It has come with flexible and comfortable seating options to make the baby walk freely in multiple directions.
Children may fall when they walk and bump into objects. But, with this baby walker, your kid will be safe and learns to walk quickly. This simple yet attractive walker will surely be a great choice for babies and is available in 3 different colors – green, orange, and red.
The seat pad is adjustable in height and is comfortably fitted with a cushioned backrest. It incorporates extra padding and is made up of premium quality fabric material. The wide frame at the bottom of walker protects the baby from falling down or causing injuries and thereby ensures child safety.
Like other popular brands, this walker is best used for baby’s aged 6 months to a maximum of 4 years (weighing 25 kg). If the baby weight exceeds the limit the walker may damage and cause injuries to the infants. You can also keep the baby active all the time by allowing them to play with toys, rattles, music, and lighting.
To play the soothing music or lighting, this wonderful device utilizes 2 AA batteries. Once the battery has reached the expiry date or loses the power, you need to replace with new one in order to enjoy the walker benefits.
To recapitulate, the performance of Goyal’s monkey baby walker is excellent. It can easily be folded and stored in any location you want – halls, dining, bedrooms etc. The lightweight and compact design make the product good value for money. The only disadvantage of using this baby walker is the inefficient cushion quality may cause discomfort or skin irritations and has the poor stitching which is not acceptable.
- Wide frame for child safety.
- Requires 2 AA batteries to operate toys.
- Features rattles, music buttons, and lighting to entertain the kids.
- Comfortable cushioned seat with backrest gives a strong support.
- Foldable and 3 height adjustment features for the baby comfort.
- Recommended age is 6 months to 4 years i.e. up to 25 kgs baby weight.
- Detachable and washable padded seat for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Disappointed with the cushion quality and poor stitching at corners.
This is the only device in the list that converts baby walker into a rocker and supports the baby aged from 6 months to a maximum of 2 years, weighing up to 12 kg. It is available in blue, green, yellow, pink, purple and red colors to choose the desired walker for babies.
How to Convert Baby Walker to Rocker?
Given below are the simple steps that help the parents to convert this amazing walker into baby rocker as per the requirement and convenience of a toddler. It is actually done to keep the baby relax, reduce stress and pain on legs. Check it out!
- Firstly, you need to unlock the knob on both sides – front and rear of the baby walker.
- Now separate the rocker base blocks and rotate to 90° by pulling 2 knobs of the walker.
- Repeat the process and check whether it is rocking properly or not.
It comes with 3 position height adjustments for baby comfort and safety lock for extra security. An additional foot mat at the bottom of walker makes comfortable for infants while moving and can be removed easily.
The attractive toy tray is equipped with music, horns, and lights to stimulate senses and keeps the baby engaged. The convenient push handle behind the seat is useful for pushing the baby around. You can fold and store the walker in a compact manner when not in use. The cushioned washable padded seat gives comfort to the babies and is easy to clean.
To conclude, the performance of Luvlap baby walker is good and suitable for kids aged 6 months. It is the most preferred choice by the parents to look after their kids and comes at reasonable prices.
What made us so disappointed is the device is made of cheap quality plastic material and the music system produces a loud sound which is not good for baby’s health (hearing). Some customers have a complaint about the missing of spare parts like screws, toys, tray when purchased online.
You can also go with another popular model from the same brand Luvlap Grand Baby Walker+Rocker . It features detachable toy tray, foot mat, and washable padded seat to offer comfort for babies and make them enjoy walking without getting hurt or falling down.
- Convertible to the baby rocker.
- Easy to clean and maintain as well.
- Available in 6 different colour combinations.
- Stopper function stops the walker from moving.
- Removable push handle to move walker effortlessly.
- Highly recommended for 6 months to 2 years babies, weighing up to 12 kg.
- Comes with 3 height adjustment settings to set the walker height.
- Detachable foot mat and cushioned seat for toddler comfort and safety.
- Made of low-quality plastic material.
- Missing of spare parts – screws, toys.
- Music system produces a loud sound.
If you are looking for a baby walker that is full of gaming toys, and a safety locking system then you should grab BAYBEE Walker. This baby walker is best to use for kids aged 12-18 months, EN71 certified and maintains the safety standards to protect the baby from falling or getting hurt.
Encourage your baby to walk in this baby walker for developing motor and cognitive skills. Toddlers and young children start learning and improve their memorizing skills using the turning gears, squeaker mobile phone, and shape sorter.
The push and pull type baby walker brings hand, eye coordination, and brain development in children. The specially designed locking mechanism controls the speed of baby walker and makes the learning process more fun and interesting.
Overall, it’s a great gift for babies on birthdays, special occasions and other festive seasons. It is very comfortable and convenient to use and comes at moderate prices so that anyone can buy walker without having a second thought. What we did not like in this product is there is no height adjustment option and the wheels, handle are not durable.
- Very economical to buy.
- Highly safe and easy to use.
- EN71 Certified baby walker.
- Suitable for kid’s aged 12-18 months.
- Improves motor and cognitive skills in children.
- Special locking mechanism to control the walker speed.
- Comes with turning gears, squeaker mobile phone, and shape sorter.
- No height adjustment option.
- Inefficient wheels and loose handles.
This Panda Baby Walker in India has very good reviews and ratings online. It’s a sign that parents are showing interest in buying baby care products online and to boost baby growth. Though it comes at inexpensive rates, offers consistent performance throughout its usage. Hence, we’ve considered as the best budget baby walker.
This amazing baby walker keeps the baby’s movements safe as he/she tries to move around on his own. You can also adjust the size of baby walker depending on baby’s height. It is recommended to use for babies aged 8 months or above with 15kgs of maximum weight. Additionally, you will get a number of removable toys, musical rattles and electronic buttons on the walker to make the baby play and feel happy or cheerful.
The walker is made of plastic and the seat cover is made of soft cushioned type material to offer comfort to the toddlers. As it comes with foldable options, occupies less space in your living area.
The 360° rotating castor wheels move in different directions, operates smoothly and safety lock keeps the walker sturdy and in place at each height level. Assembling the panda baby walker is bit difficult and a time-taking process. To make it easy for you, an instruction manual is provided in the kit which guides to assemble the baby walker.
To summarize, Panda baby walker is good for babies to use at homes and other places. It just weighs 3.51 kg which makes easy for the parents to carry on holiday vacations, trips, etc. The only thing we did not like in Panda baby walker is made of poor quality plastic material and does not have stopper function to control the baby walker speed. Other than that, it’s totally worth the money you are paying for.
- Comes at cheap rates.
- Suitable for kids aged 8 months.
- 3 height adjustment settings with safety lock feature.
- 360° smooth rotating wheels to move walker in multiple directions.
- Removable toys, musical rattles & electronic buttons to keep the baby cherish.
- Detachable & washable cushion seat for comfortable babysitting and easy cleaning.
- Poor quality plastic material.
- Doesn’t have stopper function.
- Too many rough edges that may cause inconvenience for kids.
Baby Walker Buying Guide – How to Choose the Best Walker for Kids
Why Buy Baby Walker?
Baby walkers are most common in many households. To fulfil the purpose of baby health, growth and entertainment there are wide varieties of baby products available in the market.
A baby walker has plenty of engaging gadgets to promote activity including lights, music and toys. This helps them to stay enjoyable when they learn to walk.
Types of Baby Walkers
Depending on the mode of functioning baby walkers are classified in different types. Below are the broad categories of baby walkers available in the market.
1. Seated Walker
These walkers are for the babies who can sit by their own, for younger ones. This is built with plastic frames and a piece of fabric with hole cuts, which enables baby to touch the ground with their feet.
To keep your baby occupied many of the walkers comes with the toys or music, some also have gender themes like if it’s for boy it have toy cars and if it’s for girl it have princess.
2. Standing /Sit-to-Stand Walker
This portable walker is for slightly older babies to help the baby stand and move around on their own and helps to learn balancing and walking skills.
Some of these walkers come with detachable toy stations so that kids play with when resting on the floor.
The body of the walker is build with sturdy plastic or wood and aim at teaching your kid different shapes, animals, colours and other subjects.
The best sit-to-stand walkers offer your baby many activities to keep your baby encouraged. Some walkers also have speed control and braking options.
Features to consider when buying a baby walker
There is wide range of various walkers with style, colour and price options available in the market with unique set of features. This must be confusing for you to choose the right walker for your baby. Consider the below factors before you plan to buy the walker.
Baby safety is most important feature to consider while you buy the walker, some points to remember related to safety are:
- Wide Base: For the babies who are capable of walking choose a wide base walker with wheels, this prevents the baby to get injured and from getting hit by the corners of your furniture.
- Stationary baby walker without wheels: This walker is suitable for babies who are too young to walk, though baby won’t be able to walk; this walker helps them to stand up on their own with their own strength.
- Anti- slip pads: Including anti-slip pad the walker should also have non skid grips, safety bumpers or other built in measures to prevent accidents. The anti slip pads are helpful to hold the baby in correct position.
2. Seat fabric and padding
Support, comfort and sensitivity of your baby skin are the three things that come to mind, when we talk about seat and its padding.
To prevent the injuries to baby’s spinal cord, a good seat provides proper back and head support. For the comfort of your baby the type of material used to pad the seat is important.
A walker comes with different fabric materials. Few have plush and soft fabric while others have hard or tough fabric materials.
According to your baby skin choose the fabric of the walker, if your baby skin is sensitive then plush and soft fabrics is suitable otherwise use hard or tough fabric walkers.
- Manoeuvrability: The first thing we look for in the wheels is manoeuvrability; this means wheels should be swivelled to make the walker to move around easily it should be allowed to rotate independently.
- Monitored: Your kid should be monitored all time when they are using walkers, as the walkers may cause serious problems if you leave your baby to walk on their own.
- Lockable: For safety purpose the wheels should be lockable; it helps to keep your baby stationary in one place.
- Size: This is another factor to consider as the smaller wheels are difficult to manoeuvre over the rough or uneven surface.
Larger wheels are best to opt as it is suitable for any kind of surfaces without any difficulty.
4. Entertainment console
It is the small electronic unit that is integrated in the activity tray for the baby to interact. There are lights, sounds, vibration in a good entertainment console and in some cases a steering wheel.
This will help baby to develop with the cognitive skills while keeping the baby entertained. In motor skills development also walker is helpful.
Check if the console can be removed for portability, when console is removed a snack or toy tray also should be revealed.
5. Adjustable Height
Select the baby walker with the adjustable height option as babies grows quickly fixed height walkers may get uncomfortable for your baby.
For long run purpose adjustable walkers are good option, otherwise you will have to buy new according to your baby growth.
All the babies are not in same heights, some are tall and some are short, to provide the best walking positions for your baby most baby walkers can be adjusted to three different positions.
If your baby is short use the lowest height position to enable baby feet to touch ground for comfortable walk, for tall babies use highest position.
5. Folding mechanism
A foldable walker makes convenient for parents to carry it anywhere, the compact size after it is folded makes a big space saver when packed in boot of the car.
When the walker is not being used by the baby the good walker should be able to fold easily and quickly for easy storage.
6. Build Quality
Parents must ensure that all the fittings of the walker are properly fitted as any small detachable parts that baby can break off and insert in their mouth it may be dangerous.
Make sure that no part of the walker possesses sharp edges as they may cut the soft skin of the baby.
7. Size and weight
Walkers comes in different sizes and weights, you should consider these factors when choosing a walker for your baby.
According to your baby preference while using the walker choose the bigger snack or toy tray to store all the snacks and toys.
Opt for the lighter walker if you want your baby to move around easily, It’ll be little difficult for your baby to move if the walker is heavy but have added advantages as heavy walkers prevents them from tripping over easily and it is more stable.
8. Anti-skid safety pads
The main purpose of this feature is to halt the walker when baby accidentally goes over step of the stair. If they are riding over uneven or rough surface to prevent accidents it stops the walker.
Almost all the walker comes with these safety pads but it is wise to check before you buy the walker.
The walkers should be sturdy especially to push walkers as they may easily tip over and injure your baby.
You can get an idea of the sturdiness by looking at the design and size of the wheel
10. Easy Maintenance
The walker should provide efficient cleaning facility, as the baby mess up the walker the fabric of the walker should be detachable and washable.
This makes you easy to maintain the walker without much effort.
Design and durability will relate to material of the walker, wood is much durable, for smaller babies it might be heavy.
Plastic will not get damaged easily and will be perfect, polyester fibre is lightweight, durable and little more expensive.
12. Brand Reputation & Reviews
Brand of the product is another important factor everyone should consider while buying any product.
A reputed brand builds trust in customers as they provide high quality products and services. If you don’t want to prefer branded one then there are chances that you dwell into fraud models and poor customer support service.
Based on the reviews on variety of baby walkers you can choose the walker suitable for your baby.
13. Price and Warranty
The price and warranty of the product is also very important to consider before you buy the baby walker. Warranty is anyways important for any damage part replacement.
Advantages of using a Baby Walker
The following are some of the advantages of the baby walker
Some babies take lot of time to walk on their own, walkers gives them confidence to walk on their own. Always make sure that the walker is on flat surface to avoid accidents.
2. Maintaining Balance:
During the first few months babies will learn how to balance on their feet, to keep themselves upright. Walkers give them proper assistance and keep them secure. By the support provided by the walker the muscle of the leg is developed.
3. Moving Independently:
As the baby has not learned to walk on her own, the walker with the smoothly rolling castor wheels helps the baby to move around the house independently and explore new things.
4. Gives parents a chance to carry out other activities:
As the baby learns walking with help of walker you can always monitor your baby by doing household activities too. This helps parents to spend time with kids even when they are in other works.
5. Source of entertainment:
It is not easy to keep you baby happily occupied and playing while you are busy at house hold works. These walkers comes with number of entertaining toys, musical rattles, colourful electronic light buttons and pop- ups that can keep your baby happy and busy for a while.
6. Promotes eye-hand coordination:
Your kid will always try to reach out the toys that come with walkers when learning to walk. They focus their eyes on toys that help them to coordinate their hand and eyes.
Tips of using a Baby Walker
Below are few tips to look for when using baby walker
- When your kid is using the walker, never leave them unsupervised
- As prolonged usage of the walker may cause developmental delays, don’t allow your kid to use it more than 20 min.
- Avoid carrying the walker when your baby is in it
- Before you start using the walker make sure to read all the instructions from manufacturer.
- Block all the staircases before you start using the walker.
- Remove all rugs and carpet on the floor as they may cause interference in the movement of the walkers and get baby injured
- Make sure it is sturdy: once all the setup is done, move it around to check if it will tip over. This will help you understand the weakness in the design that needs to be addressed.
- Keep the walker away from stairs: Stairs may be dangerous as baby may fall and cause serious injury. Invest in safety gate for stairs and make sure it gets blocked.
Most Frequent Questions?
1. What Should Be the Weight Limit of the Baby Walker?
10 to 15 kg is the weight range where most of the baby walkers are designed.
2. For how long can a baby use a baby walker?
Baby walker can be used till the baby outgrows the walker, if the walker is no longer used you can invest in push walkers. The push walkers will help for the future development of the baby cognitive and motor skills.
Most babies take first steps in-between 9 and 12 months and do the walking perfectly when they attain 15-18 months. If your children are not responding properly then use baby walkers that encourage them to walk more comfortably.
Choosing the branded baby walker for your child is difficult unless you do a bit of research work on the particular product. They provide a strong support so that the baby does not fall while trying to walk and gives them rest in a comfortable upright position.
Some of the baby walkers have come with toys which are a source of entertainment while the parent is busy with household activities like cleaning, washing, cooking etc.
* Baby walker types
* Entertainment toys
* Size and weight
* Comfortable seat and padding
* Wheels and braking system
* Brand Reputation
* Price and warranty
It’s not that easy to make your children get into the baby walker. Being a parent, you must be able to know which Walker is the best, its usage and check whether the walker is comfortable for the toddler or not. Here are a few things that every parent must look into while purchasing/using the walker for babies…
* Firstly, determine whether the infant is ready to walk or not.
* Teach your baby about how to move the walker.
* Make sure the home you live in is absolutely a walker-friendly.
* Keep an eye on your kid when he/she is in the walker.
* Encourage your little ones to walk freely in the room i.e. in all directions.
* Walk along with the baby to make him/her feel comfortable when on the walker.
* You can also keep a small soft cushion at the back of the baby seat for extra comfort.
* Allow him/her to move at least 15-30 minutes a day as using it on a long run may impose negative results.
Given below are some of the possible benefits of using walkers for the baby. Have a look!
* Develops better eye-hand coordination.
* Produces fun and entertainment for little ones.
* Gives soothing and extreme comfort while walking.
* Develops confidence and encourages the baby to walk.
* Parents can spend more time on other household activities.
* Boosts the imagination level and sometimes as an educator.
* Helps to improve focus on children while playing with toys or moving in walkers.
Many people treat baby walker as a normal device and lack of cleaning. Listen, you are using a walker for kids to give them an extra support while walking. Babies put hands on toys while playing, and also rest their head while sleeping.
So you must properly maintain the walker by cleaning it from time to time. To make it clean and hygiene, pour few drops of antiseptic liquid in a bowl of warm water and then dip a cotton cloth. Take out the cloth, squeeze and wipe on handles, toys, sides, footrest, etc. to deter germs, bacteria and other dust particles present on the device.
Long term usage of walkers may indeed affect a child’s ability to learn to walk. Walkers need to be used as an initial source of movement and general movement for infants.
Walkers have been proven to delay the child’s ability to learn to walk because the child does not have full contact of both feet with the ground. Thus the kid may get comfortable with this type of walking than actual walking which will slowly put additional strain on the hips and spine.
Never use a walker for more than 20-30 minutes a day or an hour at max.
Almost any type of walker is best for a carpet if it has smooth wheels and can move about easily. But walkers with grooves in their wheels may have some friction while they are being rolled on a carpet.
Moreover, unless the carpet is very large and broad for the baby to be able to move about freely, we recommend to let the baby use the floor to walk and not the carpet.
Now the time has changed where you keep the baby on laps and play for a long time. It may not be possible for parents as they’re busy with office or other household chores.Choosing the best baby walker is the only way that makes the baby enjoy the moments and take the steps actively without any fear. Of all the popular baby walker brands, we’ve chosen Mee Mee Baby Walker as the best baby walker in India because it is made of premium quality materials to ensure durability and safety. Padded seat made of the cushioned material is absolutely comfortable to use, detach and wash effortlessly. To entertain kids, it features removable electronic toys and synchronizes with the pleasant music. Long push handle helps to control the baby moments and a footrest gives support.Which brand baby walker you like the most? Are you using any of the branded models? Share your doubts and thoughts with us in the comment section given below. We’ll clarify them as soon as possible… 🙂