Your baby taking her first steps is definitely a big occasion to celebrate. But in her early months, providing her with a walking assistant to help her move around and explore better, could be a good idea. The best walking assistant for your baby is a baby walker.
A majority of the babies tend to learn how to balance themselves and walk by the time they are one year old; some may take longer too which is perfectly normal. In order to help a child take her first steps before she can actually walk, a baby walker is just the thing you need.
Most baby walkers come in bright colours with a number of musical toys and lights to capture your baby’s attention. They also usually have a toy tray which can be conveniently converted into a dining tray at mealtimes.
To help you choose the right baby walker for your little one, we have drawn up a list of the top 10 best baby walkers in India that you can buy online. Also, read on to know what factors you need to consider before buying a walker in our buying guide given below.
Top 10 Baby Walkers in India 2018
|Baby Walkers||Item Weight (approx.)||Minimum Suggested Age||Buy Now|
|LuvLap Grand Baby Walker||6.06 kg||6 months||Check the Price|
|Mee Mee Baby Walker||3.92 kg||6 months||Check the Price|
|Mothertouch Round Walker||2.5 kg||6 months||Check the Price|
|Chicco 123 Baby Walker||6 kg||6 months||Check the Price|
|LuvLap Sunshine Baby Walker||4.18 kg||6 months||Check the Price|
|Truphe Baby Walker||3.5 kg||1 year||Check the Price|
|Panda Baby Walker||3.51 kg||6 months||Check the Price|
|Amardeep Baby Walker||1.9 kg||6 months||Check the Price|
|Panda Goyal’s Baby Musical Walker||3.2 kg||4 months||Check the Price|
|Toyboy Bajaj Baby Walker||1.21 kg||9 months||Check the Price|
The first product in our list is the Grand Baby Walker by LuvLap, a popular kids’ products brand that conforms to European standards. It is available in four different colours – green, blue, orange and pink.
This walker can also function as a rocker for babies and is suitable for kids aged 6 months and above. It can be adjusted to 3 different heights, depending on your baby’s comfort and has a safety lock for extra security. The detachable toy tray attached to the walker can also double up as a dining tray at mealtimes.
The toy tray is equipped with attractive music, horns and lights to keep your baby happily occupied. An additional foot mat provided at the bottom of the walker is comfortable for the baby while rocking and can be removed when walking.
The seat is detachable as well and comes well cushioned and padded for extra comfort. It is easily washable and hassle-free to clean. A conveniently positioned push handle just behind the seat is useful for pushing the baby around. This portable baby walker can also be easily folded and stored in a compact manner when not in use.
- Multifunctional walker cum rocker for babies aged 6 months & above
- Adjustable up to 3 different heights with safety lock for growing babies
- Detachable toy/dining tray with attractive music & lights
- Additional foot mat for extra comfort
- Detachable & washable padded seat with extra cushioning
- Push handle to move baby around easily
- Compact folding for easy portability and storage
- Available in 4 different colours
- Footrest could be of a better quality material
Mee Mee is a renowned Indian brand in the field of innovative baby products. This baby walker is a product of Mee Mee and is available in four different colours – blue, green, orange and pink.
Suitable for kids aged up to 6-18 months and/or weighing up to about 12 kg, this walker works well as a rocker too and helps the baby move around the house easily. It comes equipped with 4 different height settings, making it well-suited for a growing baby.
The padded seat of the walker is comfortable, detachable and washable. It is also convenient to carry along while travelling since it takes up very little space when folded flat. Easy to assemble as well, this Mee Mee walker can help your baby to learn walking independently and safely.
A play tray comes attached to the walker and contains a number of colourful and exciting toys to keep your baby busy, along with music and sound effects. A removable back handle makes it convenient for you to move your baby around safely when on the go.
- 2-in-1 walker and rocker for 6-18 months old babies
- 4 different height settings for a growing baby
- Padded detachable & washable seat
- Space-efficient when folded flat; easy portability & assembly
- Play tray equipped with toys, music & sound effects
- Removable back handle to control baby’s steps
- Available in 4 different colours
- No safety wheel lock
- No switch off button for music
The Mothertouch Round Walker is a simple yet attractive walker that could be a good choice for your baby. It is available in three different colours and prints – blue, pink and yellow.
The seat pad is adjustable in height and is fitted with a comfortably cushioned backrest. The cushion has extra padding and is made up of premium quality fabric. A colourful and durable toy tray top works well to keep your baby entertained and happy playing with it.
Easily foldable, this walker can be conveniently carried along while travelling as well. It comes fixed with 360 degrees smoothly rolling castor wheels that help in easy movement in all directions. It is suitable for babies aged 6 months and above.
Light in weight, compact in design and a special safety lock for extra precaution make this good value for money. It is also sturdy and extra stable due to its round shape.
- Adjustable seat height with cushioned backrest
- Made of premium quality fabric
- Colourful & durable toy tray top
- Easily foldable & light in weight
- 360 degrees smooth rolling castor wheels
- Compact design with safety lock
- Suitable for babies aged 6 months & above
- Available in 3 different colours
- Plastic material quality could be better
- Edges & corners not very smooth
Chicco is a well-known brand with a presence of more than 50 years in the field of children’s products. This Chicco 123 Baby Walker is multifunctional and is available in two different colours – orange and green.
The main advantage of this walker over the others is that it can be used for a longer duration for your growing baby – from an age of 6 months up to 3 years. It transforms easily from a basic walker design into a ride-on scooter type of vehicle for your baby, in three different configurations without any tool.
A detachable electronic toy panel equipped with lights, sounds, mirrors and pop-up toys like the mobile phone can keep your baby happily occupied in all three configurations. The walker can be adjusted to two different heights, depending on the size of your baby.
An ergonomically designed removable comfortable seat and seven security stoppers are additional useful features of this product. Though relatively expensive, this good quality Chicco product is a walker-cum-bike which can keep your baby safe and happy in his early years.
- Multifunctional with 3 different configurations
- Longevity – suitable for 6 months to 3-year-old babies
- A tool-less transformation from walker to bike design
- Detachable electronic toy panel with lights, sounds & pop-ups
- Can be adjusted to 2 heights
- Ergonomic removable seat; suitable for 6 months & above
- 7 security stoppers for extra safety
- Available in 2 different colours
- Relatively expensive & heavy
- Needs to be assembled
Another product from the LuvLap brand, the Sunshine Baby Walker is available in six different colours – blue, green, pink, purple, red and yellow.
Suitable for kids aged 6 months and above, this walker comes with a number of useful features. An attractive, removable toy tray with music and lights helps to stimulate your baby’s senses. The height can be adjusted to three levels and has an additional safety lock as an extra precaution.
The walker can be used in two modes – as a walker as well as a rocker. It is equipped with a detachable foot mat that can be removed in the walking mode. The comfortable padded seat is washable and ensures hassle-free cleaning.
Additional stoppers at the back of the walker can allow the parent to easily stop its movement. A conveniently positioned push bar at the back makes for effortless pushing around.
- Attractive, removable toy tray with music & lights
- Adjustable to 3 different heights
- Additional safety lock feature
- 2 modes – walker & rocker
- Detachable foot mat
- Comfortable, easy to clean padded seat
- Safety stoppers & convenient push bar
- Available in 6 different colours
- Stoppers not very functional
- Music panel has no off switch
The Truphe Baby Walker is a high-quality product manufactured in India itself and is available in three different colours – pink, blue and red.
If you are looking out to buy a walker to carry along while travelling, this could be a good choice. It folds up into a compact shape and is quite light in weight. The height can be adjusted up to three levels, depending on the size of your growing baby and comes with a safety lock in place.
Attractive, colourful toys and removable rattles are a part of the toy tray of the walker. Musical electronic buttons are also provided on it for your baby to play around with. Smooth-rolling 360 degrees rotating castor wheels are fitted at the bottom for easy movement.
The walker has a broad protective frame to ensure your child’s safety. The comfortably padded seat has a backrest too and is washable, hence easy to maintain. It is well-suited for babies that can sit upright on their own, approximately for 1-year-old babies.
- 3-level height adjustment with safety lock
- Compact folding, light in weight & easily portable
- Colourful toys, musical buttons & removable rattles on toy tray
- Smooth-rolling 360 degrees rotating castor wheels
- Comfortable washable padded seat with backrest
- Broad protective frame to ensure child’s safety
- Available in 3 different colours
- Sound quality could be better; no volume control
- Plastic quality could be better
The Panda Baby Walker could prove to be a good purchase if you are on the lookout for a relatively economical walker for your baby with a good number of practical features.
The comfortable seat along with the backrest has soft cushioning and is adjustable in height. It comes in a number of different colours. The seat cover is removable and easily washable. The walker can be assembled yourself as it is delivered in a semi-assembled state.
Sturdy and stable, this walker is well-suited for babies aged around 6 months and above (up to 10 kg). On the whole, the walker is designed such that it has a wide frame to ensure your baby is comfortable as well as safe.
It is easily foldable and convenient to carry around. Electronic and musical rattles are provided on the removable toy tray for your baby. A slight drawback is the absence of a push handle and brakes on the walker.
- Relatively economical
- Soft cushioning on washable seat and backrest
- Semi-assembled; simple DIY assembly
- Suitable for 6 months to 1-year-old babies
- Wide frame design for extra safety
- Easily foldable, convenient to carry around
- Comes with electronic & musical rattles on removable toy tray
- No push handle or safety mat
- No brakes
Another reasonably priced baby walker, this Amardeep product is available in two different colours – blue and red.
It is 100 percent Indian made and has an unbreakable virgin plastic body, made using high precision machines. The broad seat is specially designed to keep your baby comfortable, with no sharp edges even at the ends.
The smooth-moving castor wheels provided at the bottom are eight in number, designed to provide extra stability and grip to the walker from all sides. It is easily portable as well since it takes up very little space when folded.
The walker comes equipped with musical lights to keep your baby happily entertained. Though its height is not adjustable, it works well for a baby aged approximately 6 months.
- Relatively economical
- Unbreakable virgin plastic body (for ~6 months old babies)
- Broad seat with no sharp edges
- 8 smooth-moving castor wheels
- Compact when folded; easily portable
- Equipped with musical lights
- Available in 2 different colours
- Height not adjustable
- Plastic quality could be better
The next product in our list is the Panda Goyal’s Baby Musical Walker. It helps to keep your baby’s movements safe as he learns to move around on his own.
Its height can be adjusted to three different levels depending on the size of your baby. The safety lock provided keeps the walker sturdy and in place at each height level. A number of removable toys, musical rattles and electronic buttons provided could make this an attractive option for your baby.
It folds into a compact shape, hence takes up very little space while stored or travelling. The 360 degrees rotating castor wheels operate very smoothly. The detachable seat has a wide protective frame and is easily washable, ensuring hassle-free cleaning.
Suitable for kids aged between 4-18 months, an instruction manual is provided to easily assemble the walker. A slight drawback is the absence of stoppers or a push handle in the walker, but overall it could be a handy product for everyday use for your baby.
- 3 height adjustment levels with safety lock
- Removable toys, musical rattles & electronic buttons provided
- Folds into a compact shape
- 360 degrees smooth rotating wheels
- Detachable & washable wide seat
- Suitable for kids aged between 4-18 months
- Needs to be assembled
- No stopper or push handle; music could be a bit loud
The Toyboy Bajaj Baby Walker is a cost-effective model and is available in two different colour combinations – green-orange and pink-purple.
This baby walker is uniquely designed, different from the usual baby walkers. It is meant for slightly older babies, approximately 9 months onwards who are able to stand using support. It acts as a hold-on support for the baby and helps to coordinate his movements and balance in his first steps.
The removable toys provided within the walker are also designed to help your baby develop and stimulate his coordination skills, such as multi-coloured flipping panels and spinning balls. It is made of non-toxic. good quality PP plastic.
This product is multifunctional in nature, working both as a walker as well as an activity centre. It is very light in weight and easy to carry around too.
- Relatively economical
- Dual functionality – walker & activity center
- Multi-coloured flipping panels & spinning balls
- Made of non-toxic PP plastic
- Meant for slightly older babies (>9 months)
- Available in 2 different colours
- Extremely lightweight, could be slightly heavier for stability
- No speed control in wheels
Why You Need to Buy a Baby Walker
Maintaining Balance: During the first few months, babies need to develop coordination and learn how to maintain balance on their two little feet, to keep themselves upright. While they can also do this by holding on to other objects, a walker helps keep them secure and provides assistance without them having to hold on to anything while trying to stand up and balance themselves. A bonus is the development of leg muscles by the support provided by the walker.
The Entertainment Factor: It is no simple task to keep your baby happily occupied and playing while you go about doing the chores of your house. A baby walker comes fitted with a number of entertaining toys, musical rattles, colourful electronic light buttons and animal pop-ups that can keep your baby happy and busy for a while. Also, mealtimes become a lot easier as most walkers have a dining tray that can also be used as a toy tray.
Moving About Independently: Since your baby has still not learnt to move around the house on her own, a walker with smoothly rolling castor wheels can help her do exactly that and learn about new objects as she moves around from place to place. It is not always possible to have your baby in your lap while moving around, so a good idea would be to let the baby walker give your baby the independence to explore around on her own as she discovers new things.
What are the Types of Baby Walkers?
Baby walkers can be classified into different types, depending upon their mode of functioning. Here are the broad categories of baby walkers available in the market today:
- Seated Walker: Meant for younger babies, this portable walker consists mainly of a broad seat for the baby to sit on along with a dining tray/toy tray. A slight downside is that seated walkers may not work well on carpeted floors.
- Standing/Sit-to-Stand Walker: Meant for slightly older babies, this walker is portable too and is meant more for helping a baby practice standing and moving around on her own. This type of walker generally has a braking system for extra safety.
- Push Walker: This can be a good option since it has both functionalities – baby can move around on her own as well as the parent can push the baby around using a push bar/handle.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Baby Walker
- Wheels and Braking System:
Safety comes first and foremost when choosing a walker for your baby. Always opt for a walker with broad, solid and smooth-rolling castor wheels that are sturdy. Depending on what type of flooring is there at your place (carpeted or non-carpeted or wooden), ensure that the wheels do not skid or get stuck on the floors. The walker should also have brake pads in place at the base to keep the baby safe near, say, a staircase or a height.
- Cushioned and Washable Seat:
Both these factors are equally important. A broad and well-cushioned seat (backrest is an added bonus) that is easily washable can be very convenient, especially because babies tend to drop food at feeding times all around them.
- Adjustable Height of Seat:
If you’re looking for a baby walker for your growing baby and have plans to use it for a longer duration, it is recommended to opt for a walker which has 2-3 different levels of height adjustments.
- Toys on Toy Tray/Dining Tray:
It is always an added advantage to have different types of musical and lighting toys on the toy tray of the walker to keep your baby happily busy and occupied. Just ensure none of the toys have small parts that could be dangerous for your baby.
- Foldability & Compactness:
A baby walker that can be easily folded into a compact shape is very handy to store as well as carry around while travelling.
- A weight of the Walker:
Too heavy would mean the walker is not easy to move around, whereas too light would mean the walker could topple over easily while your baby is in it. It is therefore important to make sure the walker is just the right weight, sturdy and safe.
- Safety Features:
Belts and buckles to hold your baby in place while seated in the walker go a long way in keeping her safe, even if she has a fall while moving around on her own.
- Build Quality Material
Every parent while purchasing must check for the walkers that are made of fine quality materials. Some of the basic models do not follow the standards and lacks the design quality. Also, the walkers have come with a finite number of toys attached to it for entertaining the kids. There should be no sharp edges as it may hurt the baby and no possibility for the toddler to break the toys.
- Brand Reputation
Brand reputation is another important factor that everyone must look into while purchasing the baby walker or any product. A well-known brand builds a trust in customers by providing high-quality products and services. If you do not prefer the branded baby walker then there are more chances that you dwell into the fraud models and also poor customer support services.
- Price and Warranty Details
Finally, we end up the buying guide with the price and warranty information. Most of the customers stick to the budget and choose the baby walkers accordingly. It’s actually a good idea while purchasing home and kitchen appliances, clothes, groceries, etc. But you should never look at the price as you are purchasing for your baby and make sure it is comfortable to use.
A limited budget baby walkers benefit to some extent, but cannot match with the high standards set by the doctors or health care physicians. And for such high-end walker models, you need to invest more. Surprisingly, you will be overwhelmed with the performance, comfort, design quality, lifespan, and usage capabilities.
Furthermore, you should also look after the warranty information-1, 2, 5 years given by the manufacturer to minimize the repairing costs.
Most Frequent Searches on Google
1) What age do most babies start using a walker?
Most babies take first steps in-between 9 and 12 months and do the walking perfectly when they attain 15-18 months. If your children are not responding properly then use baby walkers that encourage them to walk more comfortably.
2) What should I keep in mind while purchasing a baby walker?
Choosing the branded baby walker for your child is difficult unless you do a bit of research work on the particular product. They provide a strong support so that the baby does not fall while trying to walk and gives them rest in a comfortable upright position.
Some of the baby walkers have come with toys which are a source of entertainment while the parent is busy with household activities like cleaning, washing, cooking etc.
- Baby walker types
- Entertainment toys
- Size and weight
- Comfortable seat and padding
- Wheels and braking system
- Brand reputation
- Price and warranty
3) What steps to be taken when your children use a baby walker?
It’s not that easy to make your children get into the baby walker. Being a parent, you must be able to know which Walker is the best, its usage and check whether the walker is comfortable for the toddler or not. Here are a few things that every parent must look into while purchasing/using the walker for babies…
- Firstly, determine whether the infant is ready to walk or not.
- Teach your baby about how to move the walker.
- Make sure the home you live in is absolutely a walker-friendly.
- Keep an eye on your kid when he/she is in the walker.
- Encourage your little ones to walk freely in the room i.e. in all directions.
- Walk along with the baby to make him/her feel comfortable when on the walker.
- You can also keep a small soft cushion at the back of the baby seat for extra comfort.
- Allow him/her to move at least 15-30minutes a day as using it on a long run may impose negative results.
4) What are the major benefits of using a baby walker at home?
Given below are some of the possible benefits of using walkers for the baby. Have a look!
- Develops better eye-hand coordination.
- Produces fun and entertainment for little ones.
- Gives soothing and extreme comfort while walking.
- Develops confidence and encourages the baby to walk.
- Parents can spend more time on other household activities.
- Boosts the imagination level and sometimes as an educator.
- Helps to improve focus on children while playing with toys or moving in walkers.
5) How often should I clean a baby walker?
Many people treat baby walker as a normal device and lack of cleaning. Listen, you are using a walker for kids to give them an extra support while walking. Babies put hands on toys while playing, and also rest their head while sleeping.
So you must properly maintain the walker by cleaning it from time to time. To make it clean and hygiene, pour few drops of antiseptic liquid in a bowl of warm water and then dip a cotton cloth. Take out the cloth, squeeze and wipe on handles, toys, sides, footrest, etc. to deter germs, bacteria and other dust particles present on the device.
The LuvLap Grand Baby Walker with Adjustable Height & Rocker is our top pick from the list of best baby walkers in India because of its multifunctionality of being used as a walker as well as a rocker and also its suitability for growing babies, with three different adjustable heights. An attractive toy tray that doubles up as a dining tray with music and lights, a washable padded seat with comfortable cushioning and foot mat along with its compact folding feature for easy portability make this baby walker good value for your money.