A hair straightening brush is a haircare appliance that helps in straightening your hair, irrespective of its type. Users have been using this product for a very long time.
A hair straightening brush uses heat to straighten your hair and hence, you should use it on dry hair only. Not only it is easy to use but also provides a long-lasting solution to deal with your curly or messy hair.
Before buying a hair straightening brush, you should consider the following factors.
Ceramic and tourmaline are the most commonly used plate materials in hair straightening brushes. Some brushes even use titanium plates; however, it is not very common.
If you have thin, delicate, and color-treated hair, a ceramic plate can be your ideal choice. Tourmaline and titanium plates get heated up very fast and it can cause damage to your hair. Hence, use brushes with these plates only if you have thick hair.
For users with a sensitive scalp, you should buy a hair straightening brush with nylon bristles. But if your hair gets tangled frequently and easily, it will be better if you buy a brush with ball-tipped bristles.
Maximum Heat Level:
Maximum heat levels can vary as per the unit. However, the most common level is from 350F to 450F.
|Very thing or brittle hair||300°F|
|Medium to thick hair||365°F|
|Very thick or very curly hair||450°F|
Note: It is always good to buy a brush offering multiple temperature setting options so that users can classify what works the best for them.
Cord length, warm-up time, and safety features are some other factors that also play a major role in defining the efficiency and quality of a hair straightening brush. We have explained these factors in the “Buying Guide” below.
We have shortlisted some of the best hair straightening brushes available in India. You can buy one that meets your requirements and fall under your budget.
Best Hair Straightener Brush to Buy in 2021
Hair straightener brush Temperature Warranty Buy Now
Philips Heated Straightening Brush 170°c & 200°c 2 years Check On Amazon
Piesome Hair Straightening Brush 230°c N/A Check On Amazon
Syska Hair Electric Brush 230°c 2 years Check On Amazon
STEEZE Hair Electric Comb Brush --- N/A Check On Amazon
Revlon XL Hair Straightening Brush 430°c N/A Check On Amazon
Remington Keratin Protect Heated Hair Brush 230°c --- Check On Amazon
Best Hair Straightener Brush in India: Reviews
This brush is designed with the ceramic coating which is keratin infused tourmaline, this coating bristles glide smoothly through your hair and give smooth, straight and shiny hair.
For healthy hair there is thermo protect technology which maintain constant technology across the brush to avoid overheating.
170°C & 200°C are the two temperature settings available in this brush. Choose the temperature that suits your hair type.
Design of this brush is paddle shaped, you can style your hair in one go with this brush.
Silk pro care reduces the heat damage to your hair.
Warranty: This product comes with 2 years warranty.
Things we liked:
- You can use this brush in 50 seconds as it has fast heat up time.
- This brush has an LED light indicator, it indicates when the brush is ready to use.
- You will get a comfortable 1.8m swivel cord for maximum flexibility.
Glamfeilds hair straightening brush comes with 12 heat settings that range from 120 degrees Celcius to 230 degrees celsius. This makes it easier for you to straighten your hair at the appropriate temperature without damaging it from excessive heat.
It uses the MCH(Metal Ceramic Heater) heating technology which means the ceramic plates heat up evenly and prevent heat damage to the hair. It also heats up faster than other metals which reduces your waiting time. The Anion technology ensures that your hair straightens in a frizz-free and shiny manner.
The paddle shape design and 30 seconds quick heating feature make it easy and convenient to use. The comb has an anti-scald design that protects your scalp from burning due to excessive heat.
Things we like:
- 360-degree swivel cord for easy movement during styling
- LED light indicator indicates when the brush is ready to use
- 60 minutes auto power-off minimises chances of electrical accidents
- Comes with insulated gloves which prevent burns
- The double anti-scald design which prevents excessive heat to your scalp
SYSKA has a good name in personal care products as global customers prefer to use them for their standard efficiency and design.
SYSKA HBS200i Hair Brush Straightener works the best to change your outlook by excellent results within less time. You can just get a salon finish hair care with this personal electric handy device.
Though it is electric, it is safe to use because of its overheat protection and auto shut-off feature. Even if you forget to switch it off after use, it turns off 60 minutes later by itself. Also, it is harmless to use at any temperature; usually, this device works within a temperature range of 80°C to 230℃, and you can choose the temperature based on your frizzy hair nature.
Adjusting the temperature is also easy with the ‘+’ and ‘-’ buttons at its backside. An LED screen display shows its temperature, and so you can be aware and careful enough to use it.
The straightener plate has a temperature-resistant ceramic coating with a bristle cool tip, and so it is ideally helpful for damage-free hair. The device heats up in 90 seconds, and you need not wait longer to use it in busy schedules.
You can easily handle the brush with the 1.5m long swivel cord that moves 360 degrees to ease your straightening process. Though used at home, it gives a salon and Keratin finish to your hair follicles because of its ionic effects. So, we say that you can easily and confidently use this branded SYSKA product to change your appeal within no time.
Things We Liked:
- It glides easily over the hair.
- The straightening effect is quick and lasts longer.
- An LED indicator shows temperature.
- 1.5 m swivel cord to aid the user in any direction.
- It heats up in 90 seconds.
- Overheat protection and auto shut-off feature
STEEZE Electric Hair Straightener Brush Comb is another best product in the women’s haircare list because it quickly straightens the hair completely changing your frizzy hair outlook.
Without going to the saloons or parlors, you can now have a new straightened loose, and shiny hairstyle with this hand-held electric device at home. It removes the curls, twines, and wavy patterns of the hair when you simple glide or comb its brushes over the hair. It has an advanced PTC ceramic heating technology that maintains 30 levels of temperature to make your hair even.
You can set the temperature manually by the temperature-setting + and – buttons. The straightener can operate only at lower temperatures of 230℃ with no evidence of hair damage. Moreover, with the heat-resistant brushes, you will feel the warmth, but your hair is safe. It does many interesting things –
- Locks the moisture in hair by releasing negative ions
- Repairs damaged hair
- Eliminates frizz, split ends, tangles, and knots in hair
- Enhances your hair beauty by ultra-smooth and straightened hair
So, if you need any of these things, then you can use this product. It is the best option and perfect fit for business, home, and traveling as it is safe, light-weight, and small in size.
Things We Liked:
- It is good and fast in hair straightening.
- Easy to use
- It feasibly moves in all directions with the untangled swivel cord.
- It uses high-quality, non-toxic, and odorless material.
- You can know the real-time temperature by the LED display.
- Auto power-off and overheat protection
- 30 levels of temperature setting
Revlon XL straightening brush has a 4.5-inch wide styling surface which allows you to style more hair in a single go. This will cut down your styling time.
The brush has 10 variable heat settings which can go up to 430 degrees Fahrenheit (221 degrees Celsius). This makes it easier for you to style both thin hairs as well as thick, coarse hair types.
It has a 3X ceramic coating that straightens your hair and makes it shiny. It also protects your hair from excessive heat damage. The bristles of this brush are designed to detangle your hair and style it at the same time.
Things we like:
- LCD display that tells you the temperature setting and other pieces of information
- Worldwide dual voltage makes it great for travelling
- Tangle-free swivel cord for easy styling
- Lightweight and user-friendly design
Remington heated hair brush has three heat settings which are, 150 degrees, 190 degrees, 230 degrees celsius which is suitable for very fine to thick and curly hair types. The brush has a 6-inch wide styling surface which allows you to style your hair quickly as you can straighten more hair in a single go.
It has an innovative anti-static technology that minimises frizz and gives silky, straight hair. The ceramic-coated bristles heat up evenly and straighten hair while minimising heat damage.
Things we like:
- 30-second fast heating feature
- Automatic safety shut off which turns off automatically after every 60 minutes
- It comes with a 1.8 m length cord which allows ease during the styling process
Hair Straightening Brush – Buying Guide
There are some important factors and features that you must keep in mind while buying a hair straightening brush for your mane. Let’s check them out.
A plate is the part of a hair straightening brush that gets heated and then comes in direct contact with your hair. Hence, choosing the best quality plate is a must.
Most hair straightener brushes either feature a ceramic plate, or ceramic and tourmaline plates, or titanium plates.
The ceramic plate is the most commonly used plate in most hair straightening brushes as it is one of the best choices for dealing with fine, delicate, and color-treated hair. Ceramic gets heated evenly and a bit slow when compared to titanium or tourmaline plates. They don’t even generate hot spots.
Tourmaline and titanium plates, on the other hand, get heated up very quickly. They can damage your thin and sensitive hair so quickly that you won’t even realize. You will mostly find brushes with these plates in salons. As stylists and professionals are trained on how to use these brushes, they can use it comfortably.
Tourmaline plates produce 20x more negative ions than ceramic plates. This is helpful in making coarse hair shine. It also helps in reducing frizz and static.
Titanium plates heat up faster (and evenly) than tourmaline plates. Also, these plates can hold intense heat. Hence, it is recommended to use titanium hair brushes only while styling really thick hair. Apart from this, only professionals must use these brushes.
Titanium and tourmaline brushes are commonly used in flat iron hair straighteners rather than hair straightening brushes as flat irons are designed specifically to straighten your hair whereas hair straightening brushes are used for both styling and creating volume apart from straightening.
You should choose the type of hair straightening brush depending on the length of your hair. There are two common types of hair straightening brushes available in the market: Paddle brushes and Barrel brushes.
Paddle or flat brushes look and function similar to a standard detangling brush. It features bristles that are built in the ceramic or tourmaline plate. The brush uses the heat generated by the plate to straighten your hair while releasing negative ions. This makes your hair look shiny and smooth. Paddle brushes are usually available in rectangular or oval shapes.
Barrel or rotating hair brush straighteners also help you in detangling, straightening, and adding shine to dull hair. Along with this, hot air is directed to the hair while the ceramic or metallic barrels are rotating. This is helpful in adding volume to your thin hair. Barrel brushes are the best options for users with long hair. As the barrels are circular, they provide the extra benefit of both curling and straightening your hair.
Checking the bristles on your hair straightening brush is very important. If you are buying a brush with the wrong type of bristles, it might lead to breakage and can cause damage to your hair.
Also, in low-quality brushes, you might also notice bristles falling out easily, and hence, you will have to buy a new brush. Thus, you should always buy a straightening brush that uses good-quality bristles. They should be rooted firmly to the base of the brush.
If you have a sensitive scalp, you should look for brushes with nylon bristles as they don’t end up hurting your scalp. They also help in smoothening and softening your hair.
If your hair gets tangled frequently and easily, you should prefer buying a brush with ball-tipped bristles. The ball material that is mostly silicone or rubber help in preventing tangles. They don’t even snag on your hair while you are straightening.
4. Cool Tip Bristle:
With the help of cool tip technology, the top of the bristles doesn’t turn hot at all. Due to this, you can straighten your hair safely without leading to any burns or discomfort to your scalp.
5. Not Sharp Bristle Tip:
We usually recommend buying hair straightening brushes with not-so-sharp bristles. The reason is scalp is generally sensitive and using bristles with sharp ends usually ends up hurting the scalp to a great extent.
Along with this, ball tips or not sharp tips of the bristles also provide a massaging effect to the scalp. It promotes blood circulation throughout the scalp and thus, keeps your scalp and hair healthy.
It is a modern technology that makes use of an anti-scald valve. Its main function is to regulate temperature fluctuations and make sure that your hair and scalp don’t get hurt or damaged and prevents from burn injuries too.
The handle is another important part of a straightening brush that also lets you have an idea of how easy it is to use the device. If you have long hair, it might get stressful after a while if you are holding an uncomfortable brush. Thus, you should look for brushes with cushioned handles in order to reduce strain on the hands.
You must also check if the handle is of the correct size. It should fit in your hands comfortably so that you don’t get tired of using the brush. You can even look for a lightweight brush.
The handle should be cool to touch even while the machine is on. This will prevent your hands from burning. Some users prefer using gloves while using the brush as the handle sometimes turns hot.
Lastly, the handle should not be slippery. You should have an optimal grip for efficient results.
To make it easier for the users to understand the temperatures, hair straightening brushes offer two options: LCDs and indicator lights. In brushes with indicator lights, the device lights up depending on the temperature, which is not very convenient for many users to understand. LCD allows you to read the exact temperature while styling and helps you in operating it accordingly.
9. Ionic Technology:
If you have thick hair, you must prefer buying a hair straightening brush with ionic technology. It is a built-in technology that is helpful in dealing with static electricity and friction while drying your hair. It makes your hair frizz-free.
You must always give preference to highly efficient hair brushes. An efficient hair straightening brush is the one that gets heated up faster and offers a high heat retention capacity. A brush that heats up within a minute is considered as highly efficient. These brushes also feature better temperature control options.
9. Maximum Heat Level:
While talking about hair straighteners, everything boils down to the heat. Hence, you must ensure that the brush you are buying can deliver the appropriate amount of heat. The maximum heat levels might vary from brush to brush but it is generally about 350F to 450F.
365° is considered good enough for medium to thick hair. For straightening thin or brittle hair, the temperature should be close to 300°. Some models of hair brushes even feature higher settings such as 450° that can be used for very thick or curly hair types.
You should buy a hair straightening brush with multiple (at least 5) temperature setting options so the users with different hair types can use the same brush without causing any damage.
10. Warm-up Time:
One of the advantages of using a hair straightening brush is it delivers long-lasting results in a shorter time frame. To save some of your time (a couple of seconds), you can look for a brush with the shortest warm-up time.
As the technology has progressed, you might not find a model that requires more than 60 to 90 seconds to reach a temperature over 400F. However, there are some models of electric hair brushes that hardly take 15 seconds or even lesser for warm-up and are ready to use. Such results are quite impressive. This does not have any impact on the performance of the brush though. It can only help you in saving some time.
Do you travel frequently, and do you want to carry your hair brush straightener while traveling? In such cases, you must consider three factors:
- Size: Picking a smaller appliance is easier to carry than picking a larger appliance.
- Weight: Along with taking up a little space, the brush should be light in weight. A shorter cord can be helpful too.
- Dual Voltage Support: Hair straightening brushes support voltage from 100V to 240V. This means that they can be operated by plugging in any socket. This is exceptionally important if you are ordering a hair straightening brush from a foreign country.
12. Safety Features:
While buying a straightening brush for your hair, you should give preference to the ones offering safety features like an automatic shut-off feature that can turn off the machine automatically if you have left it on accidentally.
To prevent your hands from accidental burns, the brush should be made using heat-resistant materials. You can even buy a brush using an anti-burn technology. It helps in protecting your hair and scalp from any possible burns.
13. Cord Length:
Many users don’t consider this as an important factor, but it plays a major role, keeping safety in mind. If the cord is very tight and short, it can get pulled out accidentally, leading to a short-circuit or other damages that can destroy the entire appliance. If the cord is too long and is dragging on the floor, the chances of tripping over it become high.
The cord length should be about five to nine feet. You can select the length depending on the distance from the power outlet. You can also look for units that come with a swivel cord as it helps in minimizing tangling. It also makes it easy to use the brush.
Why Should You Start Using A Hair Straightening Brush?
There are many reasons on why using a hair straightening brush is more effective and impactful for styling your hair. The most common reasons are:
- Since a hair straightening brush distributes heat evenly, it hardly takes a few passes or strokes to get perfectly straightened hair within a short span of time.
- You can get salon-quality results at home quickly using a hair straightening brush. It is a time-saving option.
- A hair straightener brush requires low heat to operate and hence, the chance of your hair getting damaged is low. They don’t even clamp down on your hair or scalp.
- Even though the chances of hair damage are very low, these hair straightening brushes can reach high-temperature levels of up to 550 degrees quickly, Hence, they are easy to use and you style your hair quickly.
- Unlike a flat iron, a hair straightening brush is not at all complicated to use. All you have to do is brush your hair in sections that are very similar to combing. Hence, you can achieve optimal results quickly and easily.
How to Use a Hair Straightener Brush Correctly?
Even though it is very easy to use a hair straightening brush, following the steps mentioned below can help you achieve the best results quickly.
- Wash your hair: Start the process by washing your hair. Use the right shampoo and conditioner to clean your hair and scalp.
- Use a heat protectant: After washing your hair, apply a heat protectant to prevent your mane from heat. You can use a heat protectant spray, serum, or oil. Use a product that will provide nourishment to your hair and provide protection against heat.
- Dry your hair: After applying a heat protectant, dry your hair. Remember that you must never use a hair straightening brush on wet hair. Let your hair dry completely using a blow dryer or by letting it air dry.
- Part your hair into multiple sections: After your hair is dry completely, divide it into multiple sections. It will make the straightening process easier. This is especially important if you have thick hair. Using a clip to the divided sections will make it easier to work through a different section of your hair.
- Start brushing: After sectioning your hair, you can start brushing. Take the first section of your hair in one hand and hold the straightening brush in the other hand. Start brushing from the roots till the end.
Once you are done with the first section, finish straightening all the other sections of your hair.
Tips for Using a Hair Straightening Brush
If you are using a hair straightening brush for the first time, you might need some help or tips to use it efficiently and get the best result. Some tips shared by the experts and professionals that can help you while using a straightener brush are as follows:
- For better results, trim split ends before you start using the brush. Split ends are quite noticeable in straight hair and hence, you should remove them on time.
- Make sure that you can see the ends of the bristle while straightening your hair. If you are not able to see bristle tips, it is an indication that you need to take smaller segments of hair. The sections should be of optimal size for efficient straightening results.
- You must keep the brush below the segment that you are going to straighten which means that the bristles should be in an opposite direction from the head. You might need some time to get used to this practice, but it is very helpful in boosting the volume of your hair.
Common Mistakes While Using a Hair Straightening Brush
Even though a hair straightening brush is an amazing appliance, there are some minor risks associated with it. Here are some mistakes that you can avoid while using a hair straightener brush.
- Many users continue to straighten their hair even after hearing a sizzling sound. Your hair starts sizzling if it is wet. Hence, you must stop the process immediately and let your hair dry completely.
- Not using a heat protectant – even if you think it is a redundant and unnecessary task, you must always use a heat protectant spray. It not only reduces the risk of burning your hair but also nourishes your hair and adds volume to it.
- Keep your brush at a place for a long time and using too much heat – both these practices can damage your hair severely and if you are following a combination of both of these practices, it can prove out to be dangerous. If you think that the temperature is too high, you can lower it. Also, you must make multiple passes rather than holding the brush in one place for a long time.
Frequently Asked Questions:
It is a big no-no. You should never use the straightener brush on wet hair. If you want to get the best results from the straightening brush and if you want to prevent your mane from damaging, you must let your hair dry completely and then use a straightener brush.
It depends on the type of hair straightener that you are using. If there are multiple adjustable heat setting features in the hair straightener, you can change the amount of heat and use it on different types of hair.
However, if there are limited temperature settings options in the straightener, you will be able to use it only on specific hair types.
In most cases, the answer is no. As a straightening brush does not press heat directly to the strands of your hair, the chances of damaging them become very low.
It depends on the type of your hair and the amount of heat that your brush can deliver.
For straightening thicker or curly hair, you might need a straightening brush that delivers maximum heat levels. Even after that, you might need just a minute or two to straighten your hair completely and get professional-like results.
The ideal temperature required to straighten your hair depends on the type of your hair and sensitivity. While thin hair requires lower temperature, thick to medium hair require temperature for straightening.
You can use a damp cloth to wipe all the surfaces of the straightening brush. If you notice build-ups in the inner area of the brush, you can get rid of them by cleaning them using a cotton ball dipped in rubbing alcohol.
Yes, you can use a hair straightener brush on synthetic hair, provided that it is heat resistant. Go through the instructions carefully to find the optimal temperature that suits the wig. According to the experts, you can stick to 300-320F or even lower while straightening the wig to prevent it from melting.
No if you choose the brush with high quality bristles there is low chance of hair damage. If there is rough bristles, hard tips or edges even in low temperature it may damage you hair. Make sure not to use the brush daily
No, it is not recommended to use the brush on wet hair as it may damage your hair and as this is electrical appliances, the internal electrical components of the brush may get damaged.
Yes, all the brushes don’t suit for short hair. You can use magictec ceramic straightening brush and also the miropure hair straightening brush as they have correct shape to make it possible to use on short hair.
After our through research on hair straightener brushes, it’s advisable to choose the models with latest technology, temperature settings, faster heating time etc.
We would suggest, Philips BHH880/10 Heated Straightening Brush is one of the best from features and budget perspective. This model allows you to set the temperatures as you need, frizz free, 1.8M of swivel cord, 50sec of heating time etc.