A hair straightening brush is a haircare appliance that helps in straightening your hair, irrespective of its type. Users have been using this product for a very long time.
A hair straightening brush uses heat to straighten your hair and hence, you should use it on dry hair only. Not only it is easy to use but also provides a long-lasting solution to deal with your curly or messy hair.
Before buying a hair straightening brush, you should consider the following factors.
Ceramic and tourmaline are the most commonly used plate materials in hair straightening brushes. Some brushes even use titanium plates; however, it is not very common.
If you have thin, delicate, and color-treated hair, a ceramic plate can be your ideal choice. Tourmaline and titanium plates get heated up very fast and it can cause damage to your hair. Hence, use brushes with these plates only if you have thick hair.
For users with a sensitive scalp, you should buy a hair straightening brush with nylon bristles. But if your hair gets tangled frequently and easily, it will be better if you buy a brush with ball-tipped bristles.
Maximum Heat Level:
Maximum heat levels can vary as per the unit. However, the most common level is from 350F to 450F.
|Very thing or brittle hair||300°F|
|Medium to thick hair||365°F|
|Very thick or very curly hair||450°F|
Note: It is always good to buy a brush offering multiple temperature setting options so that users can classify what works the best for them.
Cord length, warm-up time, and safety features are some other factors that also play a major role in defining the efficiency and quality of a hair straightening brush. We have explained these factors in the buying guide below.
We have shortlisted some of the best hair straightening brushes available in India. You can buy one that meets your requirements and fall under your budget.
Best Hair Straightener brush to buy in 2020
Hair straightener brush Temperature Warranty Buy Now Philips Heated Straightening Brush 170°c & 200°c 2 years CHECK ON AMAZON BLOOM HOUSE Electric Hair Straightener Brush 120°c N/A CHECK ON AMAZON Zircon Hair Electric Comb Brush Hair density thick-210-230°c
Fine hair density- 200-170°c
Air hanging temperature 210-190°c
N/A CHECK ON AMAZON ASPERIA Hair Electric Comb Brush Hair density thick-210-230°c
Fine hair density- 200-170°c
Air hanging temperature 210-190°c
1 year CHECK ON AMAZON RYLAN Hair Electric Comb Brush Hair density thick-210-230°c
Fine hair density- 200-170°c
Air hanging temperature 210-190°c
6 months CHECK ON AMAZON
Best Hair Straightener brush in India: Reviews
This brush is designed with the ceramic coating which is keratin infused tourmaline, this coating bristles glide smoothly through your hair and give smooth, straight and shiny hair.
For healthy hair there is thermo protect technology which maintain constant technology across the brush to avoid overheating.
170°C & 200°C are the two temperature settings available in this brush. Choose the temperature that suits your hair type.
Design of this brush is paddle shaped, you can style your hair in one go with this brush.
Silk pro care reduces the heat damage to your hair.
Warranty: This product comes with 2 years warranty.
Things we liked:
- You can use this brush in 50 seconds as it has fast heat up time.
- This brush has an LED light indicator, it indicates when the brush is ready to use.
- You will get a comfortable 1.8m swivel cord for maximum flexibility.
This brush designed and suitable for men with beard and short length hair. This product comes with multi styling brush which you can use for hair straightening, smoothing, curling etc.
Design is very simple and easy to use. Preheat for 15 Sec, clip the brush and ready to use.
Things we liked:
- Very economical pricing
- Pre heat just for 15 Seconds and ready to use
- Optimum temperature: 120 Deg.
- It is suitable for short hair like beard.
This electric comb brush straightener your hair at low temperature so that your hair don’t get damaged. During styling to reduce the amount of negatively charged particles anti static technology is used.
This straightener brush uses 11 elevator buttons; according to your hair style you can choose the temperature level.
Thicker hair density chooses 210 to 230 degree Celsius, air hanging in temperature uses 210 to 190 degrees and the low temperature is used for fine hair 200 to 170.
Things we liked:
- As this brush works on low temperature there is low risk of hair damage
- Price is reasonable
Things we dint liked:
- It should always have power supply to use.
This product is designed to work on low temperature so that it doesn’t damage your hair. It has combination of comb and hair straightener.
During you straighten your hair it gives comfortable experience as it have 2 in 1 function, it merges the ceramic iron straightener, detangling brush, anion hair massager together.
Warranty: It has 1 year warranty
Instructions of the Hair straightener
Before use keep your hair neatly combed
To keep electricity well use the appropriate plug and socket
For the straightener to heat to the desired temperature, firstly power on the device and set temperature.
If you can reboot this product has one hour auto off function
Things we liked:
- This product comes with 3 temperature settings for different type of hair, you need to choose the temperature according to your hair style, and this avoids hair damage.
- It is reasonable in price
As the above products this is also designed to work on low temperature. These electric comb brushes have different temperature settings.
Warranty: There is 6 months warranty for this brush
Things we liked:
- This product is budget friendly
- It doesn’t damage your hair as it is used in low temperature settings
Hair Straightening Brush – Buying Guide
There are some important factors and features that you must keep in mind while buying a hair straightening brush for your mane. Let’s check them out.
A plate is the part of a hair straightening brush that gets heated and then comes in direct contact with your hair. Hence, choosing the best quality plate is a must.
Most hair straightener brushes either feature a ceramic plate, or ceramic and tourmaline plates, or titanium plates.
The ceramic plate is the most commonly used plate in most hair straightening brushes as it is one of the best choices for dealing with fine, delicate, and color-treated hair. Ceramic gets heated evenly and a bit slow when compared to titanium or tourmaline plates. They don’t even generate hot spots.
Tourmaline and titanium plates, on the other hand, get heated up very quickly. They can damage your thin and sensitive hair so quickly that you won’t even realize. You will mostly find brushes with these plates in salons. As stylists and professionals are trained on how to use these brushes, they can use it comfortably.
Tourmaline plates produce 20x more negative ions than ceramic plates. This is helpful in making coarse hair shine. It also helps in reducing frizz and static.
Titanium plates heat up faster (and evenly) than tourmaline plates. Also, these plates can hold intense heat. Hence, it is recommended to use titanium hair brushes only while styling really thick hair. Apart from this, only professionals must use these brushes.
Titanium and tourmaline brushes are commonly used in flat iron hair straighteners rather than hair straightening brushes as flat irons are designed specifically to straighten your hair whereas hair straightening brushes are used for both styling and creating volume apart from straightening.
You should choose the type of hair straightening brush depending on the length of your hair. There are two common types of hair straightening brushes available in the market: Paddle brushes and Barrel brushes.
Paddle or flat brushes look and function similar to a standard detangling brush. It features bristles that are built in the ceramic or tourmaline plate. The brush uses the heat generated by the plate to straighten your hair while releasing negative ions. This makes your hair look shiny and smooth. Paddle brushes are usually available in rectangular or oval shapes.
Barrel or rotating hair brush straighteners also help you in detangling, straightening, and adding shine to dull hair. Along with this, hot air is directed to the hair while the ceramic or metallic barrels are rotating. This is helpful in adding volume to your thin hair. Barrel brushes are the best options for users with long hair. As the barrels are circular, they provide the extra benefit of both curling and straightening your hair.
Checking the bristles on your hair straightening brush is very important. If you are buying a brush with the wrong type of bristles, it might lead to breakage and can cause damage to your hair.
Also, in low-quality brushes, you might also notice bristles falling out easily, and hence, you will have to buy a new brush. Thus, you should always buy a straightening brush that uses good-quality bristles. They should be rooted firmly to the base of the brush.
If you have a sensitive scalp, you should look for brushes with nylon bristles as they don’t end up hurting your scalp. They also help in smoothening and softening your hair.
If your hair gets tangled frequently and easily, you should prefer buying a brush with ball-tipped bristles. The ball material that is mostly silicone or rubber help in preventing tangles. They don’t even snag on your hair while you are straightening.
4. Cool Tip Bristle:
With the help of cool tip technology, the top of the bristles doesn’t turn hot at all. Due to this, you can straighten your hair safely without leading to any burns or discomfort to your scalp.
5. Not Sharp Bristle Tip:
We usually recommend buying hair straightening brushes with not-so-sharp bristles. The reason is scalp is generally sensitive and using bristles with sharp ends usually ends up hurting the scalp to a great extent.
Along with this, ball tips or not sharp tips of the bristles also provide a massaging effect to the scalp. It promotes blood circulation throughout the scalp and thus, keeps your scalp and hair healthy.
It is a modern technology that makes use of an anti-scald valve. Its main function is to regulate temperature fluctuations and make sure that your hair and scalp don’t get hurt or damaged and prevents from burn injuries too.
The handle is another important part of a straightening brush that also lets you have an idea of how easy it is to use the device. If you have long hair, it might get stressful after a while if you are holding an uncomfortable brush. Thus, you should look for brushes with cushioned handles in order to reduce strain on the hands.
You must also check if the handle is of the correct size. It should fit in your hands comfortably so that you don’t get tired of using the brush. You can even look for a lightweight brush.
The handle should be cool to touch even while the machine is on. This will prevent your hands from burning. Some users prefer using gloves while using the brush as the handle sometimes turns hot.
Lastly, the handle should not be slippery. You should have an optimal grip for efficient results.
To make it easier for the users to understand the temperatures, hair straightening brushes offer two options: LCDs and indicator lights. In brushes with indicator lights, the device lights up depending on the temperature, which is not very convenient for many users to understand. LCD allows you to read the exact temperature while styling and helps you in operating it accordingly.
9. Ionic Technology:
If you have thick hair, you must prefer buying a hair straightening brush with ionic technology. It is a built-in technology that is helpful in dealing with static electricity and friction while drying your hair. It makes your hair frizz-free.
You must always give preference to highly efficient hair brushes. An efficient hair straightening brush is the one that gets heated up faster and offers a high heat retention capacity. A brush that heats up within a minute is considered as highly efficient. These brushes also feature better temperature control options.
9. Maximum Heat Level:
While talking about hair straighteners, everything boils down to the heat. Hence, you must ensure that the brush you are buying can deliver the appropriate amount of heat. The maximum heat levels might vary from brush to brush but it is generally about 350F to 450F.
365° is considered good enough for medium to thick hair. For straightening thin or brittle hair, the temperature should be close to 300°. Some models of hair brushes even feature higher settings such as 450° that can be used for very thick or curly hair types.
You should buy a hair straightening brush with multiple (at least 5) temperature setting options so the users with different hair types can use the same brush without causing any damage.
10. Warm-up Time:
One of the advantages of using a hair straightening brush is it delivers long-lasting results in a shorter time frame. To save some of your time (a couple of seconds), you can look for a brush with the shortest warm-up time.
As the technology has progressed, you might not find a model that requires more than 60 to 90 seconds to reach a temperature over 400F. However, there are some models of electric hair brushes that hardly take 15 seconds or even lesser for warm-up and are ready to use. Such results are quite impressive. This does not have any impact on the performance of the brush though. It can only help you in saving some time.
Do you travel frequently, and do you want to carry your hair brush straightener while traveling? In such cases, you must consider three factors:
- Size: Picking a smaller appliance is easier to carry than picking a larger appliance.
- Weight: Along with taking up a little space, the brush should be light in weight. A shorter cord can be helpful too.
- Dual Voltage Support: Hair straightening brushes support voltage from 100V to 240V. This means that they can be operated by plugging in any socket. This is exceptionally important if you are ordering a hair straightening brush from a foreign country.
12. Safety Features:
While buying a straightening brush for your hair, you should give preference to the ones offering safety features like an automatic shut-off feature that can turn off the machine automatically if you have left it on accidentally.
To prevent your hands from accidental burns, the brush should be made using heat-resistant materials. You can even buy a brush using an anti-burn technology. It helps in protecting your hair and scalp from any possible burns.
13. Cord Length:
Many users don’t consider this as an important factor, but it plays a major role, keeping safety in mind. If the cord is very tight and short, it can get pulled out accidentally, leading to a short-circuit or other damages that can destroy the entire appliance. If the cord is too long and is dragging on the floor, the chances of tripping over it become high.
The cord length should be about five to nine feet. You can select the length depending on the distance from the power outlet. You can also look for units that come with a swivel cord as it helps in minimizing tangling. It also makes it easy to use the brush.
Why Should You Start Using A Hair Straightening Brush?
There are many reasons on why using a hair straightening brush is more effective and impactful for styling your hair. The most common reasons are:
- Since a hair straightening brush distributes heat evenly, it hardly takes a few passes or strokes to get perfectly straightened hair within a short span of time.
- You can get salon-quality results at home quickly using a hair straightening brush. It is a time-saving option.
- A hair straightener brush requires low heat to operate and hence, the chance of your hair getting damaged is low. They don’t even clamp down on your hair or scalp.
- Even though the chances of hair damage are very low, these hair straightening brushes can reach high-temperature levels of up to 550 degrees quickly, Hence, they are easy to use and you style your hair quickly.
- Unlike a flat iron, a hair straightening brush is not at all complicated to use. All you have to do is brush your hair in sections that are very similar to combing. Hence, you can achieve optimal results quickly and easily.
How to Use a Hair Straightener Brush Correctly?
Even though it is very easy to use a hair straightening brush, following the steps mentioned below can help you achieve the best results quickly.
- Wash your hair: Start the process by washing your hair. Use the right shampoo and conditioner to clean your hair and scalp.
- Use a heat protectant: After washing your hair, apply a heat protectant to prevent your mane from heat. You can use a heat protectant spray, serum, or oil. Use a product that will provide nourishment to your hair and provide protection against heat.
- Dry your hair: After applying a heat protectant, dry your hair. Remember that you must never use a hair straightening brush on wet hair. Let your hair dry completely using a blow dryer or by letting it air dry.
- Part your hair into multiple sections: After your hair is dry completely, divide it into multiple sections. It will make the straightening process easier. This is especially important if you have thick hair. Using a clip to the divided sections will make it easier to work through a different section of your hair.
- Start brushing: After sectioning your hair, you can start brushing. Take the first section of your hair in one hand and hold the straightening brush in the other hand. Start brushing from the roots till the end.
Once you are done with the first section, finish straightening all the other sections of your hair.
Tips for Using a Hair Straightening Brush
If you are using a hair straightening brush for the first time, you might need some help or tips to use it efficiently and get the best result. Some tips shared by the experts and professionals that can help you while using a straightener brush are as follows:
- For better results, trim split ends before you start using the brush. Split ends are quite noticeable in straight hair and hence, you should remove them on time.
- Make sure that you can see the ends of the bristle while straightening your hair. If you are not able to see bristle tips, it is an indication that you need to take smaller segments of hair. The sections should be of optimal size for efficient straightening results.
- You must keep the brush below the segment that you are going to straighten which means that the bristles should be in an opposite direction from the head. You might need some time to get used to this practice, but it is very helpful in boosting the volume of your hair.
Common Mistakes While Using a Hair Straightening Brush
Even though a hair straightening brush is an amazing appliance, there are some minor risks associated with it. Here are some mistakes that you can avoid while using a hair straightener brush.
- Many users continue to straighten their hair even after hearing a sizzling sound. Your hair starts sizzling if it is wet. Hence, you must stop the process immediately and let your hair dry completely.
- Not using a heat protectant – even if you think it is a redundant and unnecessary task, you must always use a heat protectant spray. It not only reduces the risk of burning your hair but also nourishes your hair and adds volume to it.
- Keep your brush at a place for a long time and using too much heat – both these practices can damage your hair severely and if you are following a combination of both of these practices, it can prove out to be dangerous. If you think that the temperature is too high, you can lower it. Also, you must make multiple passes rather than holding the brush in one place for a long time.
Frequently Asked Questions:
It is a big no-no. You should never use the straightener brush on wet hair. If you want to get the best results from the straightening brush and if you want to prevent your mane from damaging, you must let your hair dry completely and then use a straightener brush.
It depends on the type of hair straightener that you are using. If there are multiple adjustable heat setting features in the hair straightener, you can change the amount of heat and use it on different types of hair.
However, if there are limited temperature settings options in the straightener, you will be able to use it only on specific hair types.
In most cases, the answer is no. As a straightening brush does not press heat directly to the strands of your hair, the chances of damaging them become very low.
It depends on the type of your hair and the amount of heat that your brush can deliver.
For straightening thicker or curly hair, you might need a straightening brush that delivers maximum heat levels. Even after that, you might need just a minute or two to straighten your hair completely and get professional-like results.
The ideal temperature required to straighten your hair depends on the type of your hair and sensitivity. While thin hair requires lower temperature, thick to medium hair require temperature for straightening.
You can use a damp cloth to wipe all the surfaces of the straightening brush. If you notice build-ups in the inner area of the brush, you can get rid of them by cleaning them using a cotton ball dipped in rubbing alcohol.
Yes, you can use a hair straightener brush on synthetic hair, provided that it is heat resistant. Go through the instructions carefully to find the optimal temperature that suits the wig. According to the experts, you can stick to 300-320F or even lower while straightening the wig to prevent it from melting.
No if you choose the brush with high quality bristles there is low chance of hair damage. If there is rough bristles, hard tips or edges even in low temperature it may damage you hair. Make sure not to use the brush daily
No, it is not recommended to use the brush on wet hair as it may damage your hair and as this is electrical appliances, the internal electrical components of the brush may get damaged.
Yes, all the brushes don’t suit for short hair. You can use magictec ceramic straightening brush and also the miropure hair straightening brush as they have correct shape to make it possible to use on short hair.
After our through research on hair straightener brushes, it’s advisable to choose the models with latest technology, temperature settings, faster heating time etc.
We would suggest, Philips BHH880/10 Heated Straightening Brush is one of the best from features and budget perspective. This model allows you to set the temperatures as you need, frizz free, 1.8M of swivel cord, 50sec of heating time etc.