With the introduction of new technologies, many hair styling products like Hair Straighteners, Curl Irons and Hair Dryers are becoming popular in India. It’s a sign that how much women care for their hair.
Opting for traditional hair straightening methods, end up damaging the hair – hair loss, irritations, allergies etc. But, this hair straightener gives lustrous look by supporting all hair types – thick, thin, dry, frizzy, coarse, and curls.
Hair straightener turns the curl and frizz hair to soft, straight using ceramic, titanium, tourmaline plates to spread the heat evenly. The modern hair straighteners come with advanced options like LCD display, indicator, auto-off, and timer for convenient usage and ensure longer lifespan.
When it comes to buying hair straightener, you must keep few things in mind like hair straightener type, size and weight, heating material, adjustable temperature. Read “Buying Guide” that helps to pick the best hair straightener for your hair.
Our team of healthcare professionals has done tremendous research on several brands and bought the Best Hair Straighteners in India that are trending now. Let’s discuss each product in detail!
Best Hair Straighteners in India
Plecko steam hair straightener occupies 1st position in the list because of the durable material quality and is extremely safe to use.
What is included?
- Water dropper
- Alligator clips (2)
- Instruction manual and
- A steam Straightener
This amazing hair straightener model comes with the steam function to straighten the thick, coarse and curly hair. It releases negative ions from the steam to protect the hair during the heating process.
Water tank is responsible for generating the steam to style the hair. It further increases the moisture content and minimizes dryness to make the hair look smooth, silk and shiny.
The advanced heating and straightening technology turns the dull/dry, frizzy hair to shiny in just couple of minutes.
You can adjust the temperature/heat settings and other operations of straightener on LCD display with a gentle touch on the button for few seconds. Once, the straightening is completed, switch off the device – power button.
If you forgot to switch off the hair straightener, it turns off automatically. The 360° rotating swivel cord allows you to adjust the device as per the user’s convenience.
Wrapping up, this Plecko straightener is the best choice for women of all hair types to make the hair attractive. It is made of high quality material which ensures safe operation and to last longer. To add on, it comes with 1 year warranty from the purchased date.
- EMC approved circuit board.
- Comes at reasonable prices.
- 1 year of manufacturing warranty.
- Offers soft, smooth and silkier hair.
- Quick operation, safe and easy to use.
- Works well on dry, coarse, and frizzy hair.
- Unique steaming system for hair straightening.
- No complaints till now.
This Remington Digital Hair Straightener performs fast and efficient hair straightening due to the exceptional features and functionalities.
On a comparison note, it has got high heating temperature of 450°C to straighten the hair in just few seconds. For this reason, we’ve given as one of the best hair straighteners in India.
The pearl infused plates with ceramic coating used in this device is 15-times stronger than other popular brands. Further, it helps to glide the hair evenly without causing disturbances.
The digital display gives the temperature readings and the 3 buttons – 2 for temperature adjustment (+, -), 1 power switch on/off. The auto-shut off option and lock function offers worry-free styling. And a swivel cord gives the flexibility to move the device freely for better results.
Once you start using this Remington hair straightener, you will notice the tremendous results – shine and silky smooth finish hair in no time. This is why most of the Indian women desire to purchase Remington brand hair straightener.
To recapitulate, the performance of Remington hair straighteners is excellent to make the hair smooth and shiny. The product is available at inexpensive rates and offers 4 years of warranty services.
- Affordable price range.
- Pearl ceramic technology.
- 450°F of high heat settings.
- Simple and easy to maintain.
- 4 years of limited warranty services.
- 1-inch floating plates for easy glide.
- Digital display with temperature and power buttons.
- Chances of burning hair at high temperatures.
Are you looking for a budget-friendly hair straightener, then you must have Philips HP8316 model. It is best to use for women who love to make the dull, frizzy curls to straighten hair.
The keratin infused ceramic plates support thick and long hair for smooth gliding. They straightens the hair at one go and thereby minimizes the hair styling time. You can change the shape of hair by adjusting temperature up to 210°C to give perfect looks. It is done in just a matter of 60 seconds.
Ionic conditioning cares your hair by eliminating the static and frizzy hair. 1.8 meter power cord length gives the maximum flexibility to style the hair in different directions. The swivel cord technology helps to rotate the cord for easy and safe handling.
Overall, this Philips hair straightener is specially designed to match with the Indian hair types. It uses the advanced technology which results in less heat exposure and minimal friction. The disadvantages of using this product is the straighten hair does not last longer and when you operate at high temperatures, it makes unbearable noise.
Warning: Do not use straightener on wet hair as it may reduce the growth or cause irritation.
If your preference is to have a low priced model, then go with the Philips HP8302 Straightener that uses ceramic plate, and 210°C heat settings. It is mostly suitable for short hair type.
- 8 meter heat safe cord.
- Heats up in just 60 seconds.
- Keratin infused ceramic plates.
- 210°C of heating temperature.
- Backed with 2 years warranty services.
- Offers smooth, shiny and frizz-free hair.
- Durable wide plates support thick and long hair.
- No auto-shut down feature.
- Straighten hair may not last longer.
- Produces noise at high temperatures.
Next one in the list is from Vega brand. Vega is well-known brand in the cosmetic industry and offers variety of products like helmets, brush, scissors, hair dryers and much more appliances. Vega Hair Straightener is one among that comes at reasonable prices.
The efficient ceramic coated plates minimize the hair damage by perfectly straightening the thick curls in 60 seconds of time.
Moreover, it has come with a regulator to set the temperature between 170°-230°C. LED indicator illuminates light when the device starts heating and is the right time to position the hair.
The automatic shut-off option turns off the device after 1 hour when you forget to switch off after styling the hair. Easy locking mechanism prevents from misusing and helps to cool down the ceramic coated plates. 360° swivel cord holds the straightener at different angles for best results.
Above all, the product is backed with 2 years warranty from the purchased date. If it is not working well or find damaged piece, get it repaired for free of cost within the warranty period.
Winding up, the performance of Vega hair straightener is good and best serves for all-aged women to make the hair straight and look fabulous.
- Consumes 60 watts of power.
- 1 hour auto-shut off protection.
- 360° swivel cord prevents tangling.
- Adjustable temperature 150°-230°C.
- Ceramic coated wide floating plates.
- LED power indicator and easy locking system.
- Operating voltage 220-240 V, 50/60 Hz frequency.
- Poor manufacturing services.
- Hair doesn’t remain straight for a long time.
Syska is a newly launched company that is offering variety of appliances like bulbs, trimmers, power banks, dryers, etc. One such product is Syska hair straightener that comes at inexpensive rates.
Compared to other straightener brands, this model styles or straightens the hair in 30 seconds. It never goes out of the trend and makes the hair straight and look glossy. That’s why it is in the list of best hair straightener brands in India.
With the help of 6 temperature settings, you can adjust the reading from 120°-220°C. Also, make sure the hair supports maximum heat (damage-free) to attain faster curls or styles. Control the heat settings by monitoring from LED indicator to prevent against overheating.
The ceramic plate along with unique ionic technology gives a shine and smooth gliding to make the desire look you want. PTC heater or heat balance technology offer uniform heat throughout the plate to style hair. And the overheat protection feature prevents the damaging of hair from electric shocks.
On the whole, this is a travel-friendly hair straightener gives the best experience in straightening by supporting different hair types. The Syska hair straightener product comes with 2 years warranty.
This SYSKA HS6810 Hair Straightener also comes with beneficial features to offer better heating and smooth gliding of hair. The swivel cord prevents the tangling of wire and offers 2 years warranty services.
- Heats up in just 30 seconds.
- Advanced ionic technology.
- 6 temperature settings 120°-220°
- Impressive heat balancing technology.
- 360 swivel power cord, lockable handle.
- PTC heater, overheat protection feature.
- Warranty services – 2 years on the product.
- Features ceramic plate and auto-off function.
- Small size hair straightener.
Straightening the hair using traditional methods, may be difficult and end up wasting your time. So, the best affordable solution is to grab Oster Hair Straightener.
This Oster hair straightener comes with useful features like ceramic and tourmaline plates, digital display, lock function and 360° swivel cord to make the hair straight, bring stiffness and improve the health. Let’s have at each specification in detail!
The touchscreen temperature control setting allows you to set the right temperature between 120°-230°C for styling different hair textures in no time.
100 mm of long ceramic and tourmaline plates supports dense hair and make them into a shiny and smooth. Child lock function protects the plates from damaging when not in use. 360° swivel cord prevents the mixing of cables and makes the straightener easy to use.
Do follow the instruction carefully to straighten the hair efficiently. Otherwise, it may damage the hair growth. Besides the features and functionality, this product comes under warranty of 2 years to build a trust in customers.
To conclude, this hair straightener is a great pick for those who are looking for the perfect combination of looks and performance. It is available in black and silver color combination to give the best results.
- Very economical to buy.
- Excellent digital display unit.
- 100 mm plate to support dense hair.
- Adjustable temperature – 150°-230°C.
- Close locking system to ensure safety.
- Ceramic and tourmaline floating plates.
- 2 years warranty on Oster hair straightener.
- No automatic shut off feature.
- Hair straightens lasts for few hours.
- Bit disappointed with the plate materials.
You don’t need to go saloon to make straight hair. You can now buy Havells Hair Straightener that not only makes the hair flat but also last longer.
Although it is available at inexpensive prices, offers quick straightening in 45 seconds by setting the temperature to a maximum of 210°C. The 25*120 mm ceramic coated floated plates helps to glide the hair smoothly and eliminates the frizz.
Switch on the power button to start styling the thick hair. The convenient locking system keeps the straightener safe while travelling. And to lock the device, gently slide the button up and down to unlock.
It has got 1.8 meter power cord, LED indicator ensures ready to use and 360° swivel cord prevents tangling of wires to move freely.
Moreover, this Havells Hair Straightener is well suited for everyday use. Further it avoids pressure on hair and prevents hair breakage to a greater extent. Most of the customer’s complaints about build quality and the manufacturing services.
- Cheapest hair straightener.
- 210°C of temperature settings.
- Advanced PTC heating element.
- 18 m of long power cord length.
- 2 years warranty, 24 hours services.
- Ceramic coated plates 25*120 mm.
- 45 seconds of quick heating mechanism.
- Poor manufacturing services.
- Build quality is not up to the mark
Things to Look for when Buying a Hair Straightener
Women love to style the hair using the beauty products. Hair straightener is one among to straighten the hair and best to use for hair curls. When it comes to buying a hair straightener, your investment should never be worthless and helps to make over for a long time.
Here, in this section, we’ve listed the key factors like hair straightener type, plate material, hair straightener size and weight, temperature settings, LED indicator, auto-off option that helps to decide the right straightener for your hair type.
1. Hair Straightener Plate Material
The material used in the heating plates of hair straighteners must be good heat conductors to ensure that the straightener performs well. There are various types of plate materials used in straighteners. Let’s discuss each in detail!
- Ceramic Coated Plate hair straighteners heat up rapidly and are excellent heat conductors which perform well and reduce the friction between the plates and hair, which in turn reduces hair damage. The ultra smooth plates provide perfectly smooth hair and add a shine to it.
- Solid Ceramic hair straighteners have the capacity to maintain a constant temperature throughout use and distribute even heat throughout the plate which provides a smooth and shiny finish to the hair and effectively straightens the hair in one go.
- Ceramic and Teflon Coated straightener prevents snagging of the hair while it is being straightened. Teflon is a non-stick coating that also prevents the built-up of styling products on the plates.
- Tourmaline Ceramic Plates come with ionic and infrared technology which protects the health of the hair while styling it. These plates produce negative ions that lock moisture in the hair and improve hair health while removing static charge that causes frizz. The mild gentle infra-red heat generated by the plates glide through the hair and adds a shine to it.
- Ceramic Diamond Plates provide perfect straightening in one stroke. It prevents overheating of certain spots that ensures better protection. Diamond plates are much smoother compared to other plates which ensures seamless glide.
- Titanium Plates heat up much faster than ceramic plates and it is the safest of metals that can be used in a straightening iron which helps to straighten the hair efficiently without burning. Titanium is a lightweight metal which prevents arm and shoulder pain while styling the hair.
2. Choose the Right Size Hair Straightener
Hair straighteners come in many sizes and widths. While small and thin straighteners with plate width of 2.5 to 3 centimetres are good enough for men and women with short hair and for styling bands and spikes, medium plates with width of 3 to 4 centimetres are suitable for straightening medium length hair. Thick ones with plate width of up to 6 centimeters are a good choice for those with long or thick hair.
3. Adjustable Heat Settings (Temperature)
Choose a straightener that comes with variable temperature settings which allows the user to increase and decrease the heat as needed. While most straighteners perform best at top heat setting, but too much heat can damage and even burn certain hair types. Those with thin or fine hair types or those who have damaged hair should opt for a lower temperature setting of around 180 degree C to prevent hair damage caused by heat. Those with thick hair can use the straightener at a higher heat setting of 190 to 210°C.
4. Hair Straightener Weight
It is also important to consider the weight of the straightener before you buy one. Some hair straighteners are heavier than others which make them difficult to use for a prolonged period of time. A light weight hair straightener is easy to use and it does not wear out your arms and shoulders.
5. Budget-friendly Nature
It’s a time-taking process when you stick on budget to purchase hair straightener models in the market. So, to ease up the things, we’ve listed the budget friendly models and expensive hair straighteners in the article.
Though the difference is seen in prices all the above-mentioned models offers outstanding performance. The cheap quality model damages the hair growth by spreading uneven heat. So, choose the best one depending on the requirement and hair type.
6. Brand Reputation and Warranty Services
Apart from the features and functionalities, Brand reputation and warranty information is what you look into the hair straighter. The popular brands offer decent performance along with the warranty services -1, 2 years. The benefit of getting a warranty card is it minimizes the repairing costs when the product gets damaged.
7. Smart Features in Hair Straighteners
- Heat Up Time
It is the time taken by the plates to heat up to the desired temperature. Most quality straighteners have a fast heat up time so that the user doesn’t have to wait too long for using the straightener.
- Steam/Wet to Straight
Some straighteners come with this feature which allows it to be used on towel dried hair. The straightener vaporizes the excess moisture from the hair using steam.
- Ionic straightening
In case of ionic straightening, the plates produce negative ions that lock in moisture in the hair and removes static charge that causes frizz.
- Far infrared heat
This type of straightener heat the hair from inside which in turn reduces the chances of hair damage. It also yields faster results because the heat is distributed evenly.
- Flash Quick Heating Mode
Some high end hair straighteners come with quick heating mode that provides fast heating boost for a certain period of time.
- LED Indicator and Power Switch
LED indicator on the straightener alerts you when the ceramic or tourmaline plates get overheated. And power switch to turn on/off of the hair straightener.
- Auto-off Option
Automatic shut off is a must-have feature in hair straighteners that turns off the device automatically after 1hour when you forgot. Also, it saves the power consumed by the straightener.
Best Hair Straightener for your Hair
Fine and Thin Hair: The ceramic hair straightener does a great job in holding the heat and reduces the heat. So, it’s good to use this hair straightner for rough and frizzy hair. The ceramic plate absorbs and distributes the heat evenly to the hair than other straightening materials.
Apart from the ceramic material, you can also go with the tourmaline plate to match with the hair textures and requirements. They are also good conductors of heat which helps to style the hair.
Thick and Coarse Hair: Girls with thick and coarse hair end up damaging the hair. For them, the best affordable solution is to have titanium hair straightener. It has the ability to hold the heat at steady temperatures. As it is a lightweight metal, helps to make the rough and curly hair to smooth.
Frequently Asked Questions?
1) Do hair straighteners damage your hair?
Yes, there are more chances of damaging your hair when you use straightener on a regular basis. After having a shower bath, most women try to make the curly hair to straight which results in hair loss. And also the heat distribution may not be same due to the dampness in hair.
2) How does a hair straightener works?
Hair straightener is a styling device used to make the curl and frizz hair to soft and straight. It makes use of durable plates like ceramic, titanium or tourmaline materials to spread the heat evenly to all hair types.
The modern hair straighteners have come with advanced options like LCD display, auto-off, timer settings for convenient usage and ensures longer lifespan.
3) Does straightening you hair results any side-effects?
Using hair straighteners on a long run may results in several side effects for those who are less sensitive to heat. Given below are some of the possible side effects of using hair straighteners at home. Check it out!
- Skin rashes and
4) What factors should I consider while purchasing a hair straightener?
With the availability of numerous brands available in the market, you may face difficulty in choosing the right one that matches with hair type. Given below are some of the important factors that everyone must know while buying a straightener. Have a look!
- Hair straightener type.
- Hair straightener size and weight.
- Adjustable temperature.
- Hair straightener coated material.
- Auto-off, LED indicator, LCD display.
- Price and warranty information.
5) How often you should replace the hair straightener?
Once you start using the straightener, you may likely to replace after 2 years. Because, the heating element or plate may lose the ability to heat the hair evenly and thereby diminishes the overall performance.
6) What is the ideal temperature range for thick, thin, frizzy and hair curl types?
For attaining the best hairstyle, you need to adjust the temperature or heat settings of straightener for different hair types.
- For thin, fine or damaged hair – 300°F
- Normal, medium and wavy hair- 310-390°F
- Thick, coarse and curly hair – 390-450°F
7) How to use a hair straightener at home?
Using hair straightener at home isn’t so hard. Here are the simple steps to guide you for straightening the hair.
- Firstly, for easy styling divide the hair into sections. And use the fingers to lift the section you want to style.
- Now, place the hair in-between the plates of Philips straightener.
- Push the device downwards, and glide through the hair.
- Repeat the process and the result will be straight, smooth and shiny hair.
Few Words before Wrapping Up…
This brings us to the end of the best hair straighteners in India. Our top pick is Plecko Steam Hair Straightener because it has finite number of useful features that are made using durable materials to last longer.
It is equipped with ceramic plate to turns dry, frizzy hair to shiny in just couple of minutes. You can watch the device settings on LCD display and can be adjusted using the buttons. Above all, it is backed with 1year warranty and comes at reasonable prices to match with the customer’s requirements.
Which brand hair straightener you are going to buy? Are you using any of the above-mentioned models? Share your doubts and experiences with us in the comment section. We’ll clarify them as soon as possible.