Technology has been progressing every day by leaps and bounds. Printers that are manufactured nowadays do not use old and obsolete technology anymore. Although file-sharing has become more and more digitized, printers might not really get extinct that soon. A lot of offices, enterprises, and institutions have not entirely done away with paperwork.
There are a lot of documents that still need to be stored, as hard copies. But, there has been a technological revolution in the area of printers, and you will no more need a desktop or laptop to print your files or documents. You can easily use your Smartphone or Tablet to print as these new-age printers have wireless technology that allows you to print files without connecting your printer with a cord or wire.
These printers can also print photos. In this guide, we will take you through steps, in which you can use your Android phone or Tablet to print documents or photos, from compatible wireless printers.
How to Print Using Email on Android
There are many printers from specific brands that come with their own email addresses. You can send a document or a file from your email address to the printer’s email address and, your file will automatically get printed. You will get all the instructions from the manual that will be provided with such printers. There are mainly two ways to do this.
Step by Step Process of Connecting and Printing
- Find the file or image that you want to print from Google Photos, File Manager, or Google Docs.
- Open the photo or the file.
- Select the “Share” button. The “Share” button looks like two lines that connect three dots. For Google Docs, you will have the option of “Send a Copy”.
- Select your email app and then write your printer’s email address in the “To” field.
- Tap on the “Send” button.
- Open your email app and tap on “Compose”.
- In the “To” field, type the email address of the printer.
- Select the “Attach” option, which generally looks like a paperclip.
- Find the file that you need to print. You can find it on your phone’s default app for File Manager, Google Photos, or Google Drive. Attach the file.
- Tap on the “Send” button, after the file gets attached.
How to Print Using Wireless on Android
Printers nowadays use Google Cloud Print so that you can print documents, files, or photos from any device. It will also work even if your smartphone is not connected to the same Wi-Fi network, to which your printer is connected and vice versa.
To do this, you do not have to download any third-party software. If you do not have Cloud Print installed on your android phone, you can easily download it from Play Store.
Add the printer to Google Cloud Print
You have to add your printer to your device if you want to print documents with the help of Google Cloud Print. Before getting into the details of the steps you should check that your printer, as well as your smartphone, is switched on and, connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Go to the “Settings” menu on your Android phone. In the search box, of the Settings menu; type “Printing” and select it when the option appears on your phone screen. You can also find this feature by going to “Settings”> “Connected Devices”> “Connection Preferences”> “Printing”.
- Select “Cloud Print”. There might be other options too on the list, but “Cloud Print” is the most simple and basic out of all.
- Tap the “Menu” option on the corner right-top side of your phone’s screen and select “Add Printer”.
- Cloud Print will then search for the printer that is connected to the Wi-Fi network in your home/office. Select the printer and, it will instantly connect and, then you can start printing.
How can you Print Files/ Documents using Google Cloud Print?
After you have added your printer successfully to Google Cloud Print, you can now easily print any file or photo. You have to follow the steps that are mentioned below:
- Find the picture or the file that you want to print. It can be a simple image, which you might have found on Google Chrome or, it can be a file that is attached to an email.
- You will find a three-dot button in the top right corner and tap on in. Then, search for an option that allows you to print the image or file. In some cases, you might also find an “Export” option, which also works. You can also save the file/image.
- Tap on the “Print” option.
- Cloud Print will then automatically connect to your printer.
- Choose the paper size and the number of copies that you need to print. You can also find the option of black and white printing.
- Tap the Blue coloured printer icon that you will find on the right side of the screen.
Step by Step Process of Connecting and Printing
Canon- It is very easy to use Canon printers for wireless printing. Canon printers usually come with Google Drive Print or AirPrint. The Canon app is also easy to set up and, you can easily use it for printing.
- Connect your android phone to your Wi-Fi network.
- Install the Canon app on your android phone. You can easily find it on the Play Store.
- Find the image or the document that you want to print and open it. Now select “Print” from the menu options. You will then be prompted to a “Print Preview” page, then you will be offered a lot of configurations and customizations related to printing.
- Select “Printer” from the “Print Preview” option of Canon Mobile Printing. A list will appear, which includes all the printers that are connected to your Wi-Fi network. You can also manually search for the printer that you wish to use.
- Select “Print”.
HP- You can connect your android phone to your HP wireless printer by following a few easy steps:
- Go to Google Play Store and install the HP Print Service plug-in.
- Toggle it on from the settings after you have installed it.
- Select the photo or file from the browser. You can also download it and access it through your android phone’s default File Manager app. On the top right corner of your screen, select the dropdown menu and then tap on “Print”.
- Select your HP printer from the list of printers that are connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- Your document or file will be printed, instantly.
Epson- Epson printers are probably the most popular printers that are used in offices and other institutions. The wireless Epson printers can be very easily connected to your Android phone or tablet. Just follow these simple steps:
- Connect your Epson wireless printer to your home/office’s Wi-Fi network.
- Find the “Epson Printer Enabler” plug-in from Play Store and download it.
- Go to “Settings”, search for “Printers” and select it. Find the Epson Plug-in and enable it.
- Connect your android phone to the Wi-Fi network that your Epson Printer is connected to.
- Find the file or the image that you want to print. Find the “Print” option from the dropdown menu and, then your file will be ready to print.
Brother- You can easily print documents from a Brother printer with the help of your android phone. The steps are very easy to follow:
- Connect your Brother printer to the Wi-Fi network that you are using.
- Download and install the Brother Printer app from Play Store.
- Select the file or document that you want to print. Tap on the menu options on the top right corner of the screen and then select “Print”.
- You will find your Brother wireless printer connected to the Wi-Fi network your Android device is connected to.
- You can now start Printing.
If you want to buy a wireless printer, then you should go for it as they have made printing a very easy task. You do not need to connect your smartphones or laptops to your printer using USB cables. These are the simple steps that you have to follow if you have purchased a wireless printer, and want to print documents, files, or images from your Android phone or Tablet.
Smartphones are something that we always carry with us, and they are also very easy to access. You have to wait for a considerable amount of time for your desktop or Laptop to open. But with an android phone or tablet, you can easily print from your wireless printer very easily and quickly.