If you are planning to redesign your bathroom, choosing the correct showerhead can be a critical decision. The correct showerhead can make your bathroom look great, and your showering experience fun.
Currently, rain showerheads are the most popular, and multifunctionality being the most loved product. It is always suggested to keep these two points in your mind while you are selecting a showerhead for yourself.
- Installation type: Before buying a showerhead, you need to make sure how you wish it to be installed in the bathroom. The installation of the showerhead can be of two types: wall mount and ceiling mount. In the case of wall mount, the showerhead holds out directly from the wall, while the ceiling mount is the ones that hang just directly above your head.
- Showerhead styles: Showerhead styles are mainly classified into three types round and oval, rectangular and square, and irregular shapes. While round and rectangular are the classic and most versatile ones, rectangular and square showerheads are best if you are looking for rain style. If you are designing a custom-styled bathroom, you can always go for irregular shapes.
Apart from these two key factors, you might also want to look at other factors related to a showerhead. In that case, go through the Buying Guide provided at the end of this article. To simplify your process for a showerhead, we came with the best 7 showerheads in India.
7 Best Shower Heads In India
|Shower Heads||Material||Functions||Warranty||Shape||Buy Now|
|Aquieen Overhead Shower||ABS||classic mist and rain, mist, classic rain|
spray, pressure jets, pressure jets
|2-years||Round||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Alton Over Head Shower||SS-304 Grade||Rain||1-year||Square||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Hindware Overhead Shower||Plastic with chrome||Rain||1-year||Round||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Kohler Overhead Shower||ABS||Rain, mist, and massage pressure||10-years||Round||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Asian Paints Over Head Shower||Steel||Rain, mist, massage, and turbo||3-years||Round||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Cera Over Head Shower||Stainless Steel||Rain||No warranty||Round||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Pesca Head Shower||Stainless Steel||Rain||No warranty||Square||CHECK ON AMAZON|
7 Best Shower Heads In India Reviews
Aquieen aims to deliver the best and high-quality products. It offers various showerheads that will allow you to experience feeling that the conventional showerheads fail to provide.
This product from Aquieen is specially designed for a unidirectional flow, which lets you relieve all the stress under the shower. The shower allows you to experience 5 different water flows. The different water flows are classic mist and rain, mist, classic rain spray, pressure jets, pressure jets. The showerhead is adjustable as well, which lets you enjoy the flow at your preferred angle.
There is no requirement for an expert for the installation process as it can be installed with just the basic tools. It goes well with the standard shower arm. The showerhead has an amazing chrome finish that gives it a classy look. It will enhance the overall interior of your bathing area and comes with a 2-year warranty.
The showerhead comprises solid brass joint and high-quality ABS material that prevents them from leakage and rust. The product is designed in unique complex structures, making it tolerant to high pressure and variable temperature.
The showerhead comes with silicon nozzles that are very easy to maintain and clean. It is also safe from the formation of limestone and prevents blogging and clogging, making it hassle-free.
- Luxurious shower experience with elegant functions.
- Top-quality materials as it is the combination of brass and ABS.
- High-pressure stream because of the good quality of silicon nozzles.
- Easy to install.
- Premium bathing experience at an affordable price.
- Comes only with a showerhead.
If you have become tired of the old round showerhead, you must check out the ALTON showerhead. Both elegant and powerful, it can be guaranteed that you will be in love with the shower experience.
304 stainless steel shower heads have a modern design and are made to pass high-temperature tolerance, rustless attributes, and anti-erosive. It is a ten-layer chrome plated, which makes it look new and clean even after several years. The showerhead has only a 2mm ultra-thin edge made by seamless fiber laser welding technology.
The nozzles are made up of heat-resistant silicone that prevents aging and anti-clogging and makes it easy to clean. The showerhead is available in 4 different sizes. It is designed with 6 special techniques that allow it to bear high pressure and save water.
The unidirectional flow results in a rain-like shower. Also, the special natural waterfall feature mixes 30% oxygen from the air to increase the water flow and minimizes water usage by as much as 30%. It also comes with mirror-look technology. It comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty.
- Advanced air injection technology.
- Elegant and powerful design.
- Resist high temperature self-cleaning prevents blocking.
- Leakproof strictly.
- Provides powerful rain at minimum temperature.
- Unidirectional current limiting technology.
- Easy to install and value for money.
- Does not come with a shower arm
The shower faucets collection by Hindware is beautiful as well as it provides you with a superior showering experience. From round rain showers to overhead massage showers, each cut, style, and curve provides you with a unique experience.
Hindware brings to you a single overhead shower which is developed using quality materials and the latest designs. The modern minimalist design looks stylish yet subtle. The high-pressure water enables consistent and powerful spray. The bell-shaped structure of the shower provides you with a rain-like showering experience.
The material used to make the product is virgin brass ingots that also contain 63% of copper. It comes with a chrome plating to make it durable. This is done to restrict corrosion and scratches and retain the lustrous shine. This is compatible with any wall mixer that has a provision diverter or overhead arrangement of a shower.
The showerhead has a sharp and sleek design with amazing symmetry. The swivel ball is adjustable, which allows it to cover a wide area. The shower features a mirror-like reflective body that allows it to stay bright and luminous for a long time. It is easy to install as it can be fixed to any shower arm. It also comes with rubber technology anti-clogging nozzles that avoid blockage.
- Rain-flow effect
- Rubber technology that allows no blockage in nozzles.
- High-pressure water flow
- Easy to install.
- Chrome plating
- The nozzles might not stick for long if not maintained properly
This enlightened overhead shower delivers five luxurious water flows that will immediately upgrade your bathing experience. With just a simple rotation using the thumb pad, you can switch between different flows. It is a self-sealing showerhead that offers a powerful message, intense rinse, or a combination of two sprays and has a mirror-like reflective body.
It is made of ABS grade plastic with a chrome plating finish. The advanced spray engine allows five alternative experiences. Plus, the pulsating massage spray targets achy, sore muscles.
The flow of water is 2.0 gallons per minute (GPM). It’s ideal for thorough rinsing of soap from hairs. It can also be used as a utility spray that allows you to rinse your pets and kids.
This is very easy to clean and mounted on the wall. It’s very easy to install. It can be done by oneself without needing any specialized tool. The manufacturer also offers a 10-year warranty along with the product.
- Relaxing and Invigorating.
- Advanced spray engine.
- Made with ABS with chrome plating.
- 5-spray multifunction.
- 10-year warranty on the product.
- The flow rate is low.
This product is from the house of Asian Paints, where they promise to offer a premium bathing experience. The shower comes with 5-flow multifunction. It’s equipped with self-cleaning technology. This implies that it can clean itself, so there is no need for you to worry about cleaning it.
It has a minimalistic design that will complement both modern and classic bathroom décor. The showerhead is 4.5 inches in diameter. It has a chrome finish, and the nozzles are made of silicone that can withstand temperature and is resistant to corrosion.
The shower is very easy to install and can also be tightened with your hands. There is no need for any extra tools or professional services. It is very easy to operate as well as maintain the shower, which makes your experience all the more hassle-free.
It will last you a pretty good time withstanding all those gunks and chunks accumulating in the showerhead through the years. The product comes with a warranty from the manufacturer of 3-years.
- Great performance and quality.
- Self-clean technology.
- Easy to operate and install.
- Uniform flow of water in all modes.
- Silicone nozzles last long
- The pressure is low to medium for overhead tank height around 15 feet
If you are having trouble with your showerhead and are looking for modern, but budget-friendly options, this showerhead by CERA will catch your eyes. The showerhead has a unique design. The showerhead’s surface area is large and offers a 3-flow system to optimize your showering experience.
The showerhead is built with sturdy materials. It has been engineered with heavy and robust duty abs plastic, making it durable so it won’t crack or leak. The durability makes it suitable for outdoors like the pool.
The maintenance of the product is low as the nozzles are made of silicon rubber. They are resistant to being clogged and can be wiped and cleaned very easily. The installation of the showerhead is easy, and it does not require you to call any professional. The manufacturer provides an instruction manual which helps you to install it easily. It is advised to fit the showerhead just above your head to get the best results.
If you are looking for something different from the conventional designs, your search will get over with this product.
- Easy to install.
- Low maintenance.
- High flow rainfall shower.
- Sturdy construction.
- It does not come with any warranty.
- The Force of the flow of water is less.
There might be a possibility that you have heard less about this brand, but be rest assured that you won’t be disappointed. It has all the qualities that you are looking for to upgrade your daily shower routine.
The overhead shower is just the ideal addition to your bathroom. It is the ideal size for a medium-sized bathroom and is designed for rail-fall showers. It comes along with a shower arm and is in a square shape. The product is made up of stainless steel to prevent it from rusting and making it durable. A high chromium plating is done to the product to give it an impeccable finish
The shower can be installed with a ceiling shower arm or wall-mounted. This versatility in mounting allows you to attach your shower in any way you like. The showerhead can also be adjusted. The nozzles are widely spread and have an ultra-thin head.
The spray nozzles are even detachable, allowing you to clean the impurities gathered in the nozzle very easily. To clean it, you can use a mild soapy solution or white edible vinegar every fortnight to maintain the lustrous look. It has a leak-proof structure and comes with a high gloss mirror polish chrome.
- Widely spread silicon nozzles.
- Adjustable showerhead.
- Showerhead to block impurities.
- Ultra-slim design.
- Versatile mounting
- Does not come with a warranty from the manufacturer.
Things You Need To Consider While Buying a Showerhead
Are you looking for a replacement for your showerhead? Is your showerhead clogged, broken, or just do not like the previous one. There are thousands of choices available in stores or online. Please take some time and get an idea which type of showerhead is best for you, and you are most satisfied with the product.
You need to look out at several factors before actually buying one. In this section, we have discussed all that you need to know about buying the best showerhead. Go through this and then make your final decision.
1. Showerhead types:
You don’t have any idea how many types of showerheads are there in the market. The different types are listed below:
- Fixed: This is the kind that is attached to your shower arm that sticks out of the wall. Like different showerheads, you can replace the fixed showerhead with some simple steps. You just need to unscrew the old one and screw the new one. You must remember to hold the shower arm while changing the showerhead so that your shower arm does not break. It comes with all different features like water-saving, rain, and massage.
- Hand-held: This type of showerhead is placed in a cradle when you are not holding it in your hand. It is attached to a long hose. When you lift them off the cradle, they can be used similarly to the fixed showerhead. They can be used for even more purposes like washing children, bathing pets, and cleaning tubs.
- They come in several sizes, but the hose must be a minimum of 84″ long to meet with the ADA compliance. For an average home, hoses between the range 60″ and 72″ work well.
- Spray or massage pattern: In the case of massage type showerheads, there are several types of spray patterns. Jet, pulse, aeration, mist, and rain are among a few. Nit every spray pattern is convenient or effective as others.
- Rain Shower: Rain showerheads are mostly seen as an overhead style. This means that you need to stand directly beneath it to get the best outcome. They distribute water evenly and lightly from above your head. Having an oversized showerhead is best for getting a wide distribution of water. For the best outcome, you should use rain showerheads where the water pressure is high.
- Dual (hand and fixed): You are confused and want to go for fixed as well as hand showerhead? These come in several sizes and shapes. Some of them are even made in such a way that it looks likes only one showerhead, but the inside part works like magic. They come in different patterns of spray, so you get the best of everything.
- Body sprayers: In some of the custom showers, you can find these body sprayers. A special kind of shower valve and spray bodies are required to be installed on the wall’s insides. So, these are usually installed at the time of construction or when the phase of remodeling of the bathroom is going on. These can work independently or be turned on together. But if you wish to have them installed, then also get ready to go through several complications.
- Slide bar: Slide bar showerhead is arranged on the shower walls. They can be rearranged to the height of your showerhead quite easily. This is a great option as a showerhead, where you may require to alter the showerhead for different family members.
2. Installation types
A showerhead does not have different types but they also have different installation types. The different installation types are listed below:
- Wall mount: These showerheads hold out directly from your walls through a flange or arm. Arm style is available in several styles, with offset, standard, and extended can be considered among the most popular.
- Offset: These shower arms offer an extra room for you when you rinse. They extend from the walls and then curve in the upward direction. This design gives them a unique look.
- Standard: These have a simple design. They just extend from the walls, and then it is angled in a downward direction.
- Extended: The shower experience is different from this one as they are at a distance from the walls. A separate showerhead is attached to the arm to give you a wonderful experience.
- Ceiling mount: These kinds of showers are the ones that directly hang above your head. This is installed in your ceilings and allows the water to have an even flow over your body. The installation process is a bit more complicated than the wall mount installation since the piping needs to be installed from the ceiling as well as the walls.
3. Showerhead Designs
The shape of a showerhead comes in different styles that determine if your choice is traditional, modern, or transitional.
- Round & oval: Be it modern or classic, oval and round showerhead styles are the most versatile.
- Square & rectangular: If you have a contemporary bathroom, square and rectangular showerheads are ideal. They provide rainfall experience because of their flat and wide shape.
- Irregular shapes: Showerheads that are uniquely designed bring an interesting change to your bathroom’s look and are ideal for custom projects.
4. Showerhead nozzle types
The different types of nozzles way go beyond aesthetics. Generally, three types are mentioned below:
Raised nozzles: This kind creates a powerful, downward, and streamlined spray. The nozzles may be removable, which makes it very easy to clean the showerhead.
Flat nozzles: A flat face is present in the showerheads, presenting a linear look for the bathroom giving minimal aesthetic. Cleaning can never get easier than clean this one.
Silicon nozzles: Rather than brass or plastic, these feature small silicon nozzles. They are clog-resistant. Therefore it requires minimum maintenance.
5. Water-efficient models
Each showerhead modes are made to go through some tests to check its stream, different settings, how easy it is to adjust, and different factors. These measurements are done in the lab that checks the rate of flow of water and water temperature at different conditions.
It was found out that the models that are known to save water achieved mediocre scores. But it has also been noticed that some of the inexpensive models were stimulating as well as refreshing despite the modest flow of water.
6. Don’t look at the price
If you feel that only those showerheads can be effective and worth a fortune, you are wrong. Some showerheads that are cheap in the market can give you the expected results that some showerheads worth thousands of rupees are incapable of providing.
7. Choosing the right one for water pressure
It has been observed that showering is a high-volume affair. It has been noticed that 8 gallons of water are used per minute by the old showerheads. If you have an old showerhead and are confused if you should give up or not, you can go for a new one. The new ones are certified using 2.0 GPM or less.
Low-flat showerheads dramatically reduce water use by introducing aeration or creating certain illusions of the better water flow by the increasing pressure of the water or by quickly pulsing the streams. While many also use the laminar flow of water that practically shoots out several small streams.
These considerably provide a better feel than the aerated flow of water, but if the water’s pressure is high, you may feel that the water is stinging on your body.
It is best to find a showerhead that comes with a pressure-compensating regulator, which lets the water flow be customized with the actual pressure at your place.
8. Blistering, shower shock, as well as temperature troubles
There is not only one issue with aerated showerheads. Another issue that you must consider is heat loss. Enough cool air that the bathroom has, adds to the water flow, and after that allowing it to proceed a few feet to your body can effectively decrease the temperature of the water when it touches your skin. It will be comfortable or not, or even noticeable, all depends on your household.
Although flat showerheads can be proved to be great, they can also pose a great threat of thermal shock. Most of the houses that are built after the 1990s are equipped with ATC valves. You may not have ATC valves if you have a hot and cold handle.
If your showerheads have a low flow, the problem you can face is that since a small volume gets discharged from the showerhead, a sudden rise in the temperature can be felt severely and immediately. The only option to guarantee that the installed water heater’s outgoing temperature is by installing a thermostatic mixing valve on the outlet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Pretty much all the showerheads have a similar connection. A standard showerhead can fit almost any shower arm that has been fit by your plumber. It does not matter if the shower arms come out of the wall or are hanging from the ceiling of your wall; you can choose any showerhead that you wish and mount the showerhead you wish.
There are thousands of showerheads available in the market. After conducting thorough research and talking with customers and reviewing the products, we have concluded that Aquieen H2Micro Round 3 Function Watersaving Mist & Rain Overhead Shower is the best in the market. It gives you luxurious shower experiences and elegant functions. It is made up of sturdy materials and easy to install. The high-pressure stream comes out of the shower, which makes your experience premium at an affordable price.
All showerheads should be cleaned, removed, and if necessary, even descaled, and disinfected once in every three months. Regular cleaning of the showerheads ensures that the showerhead’s water flow is even and lasts for a longer time. Disinfecting showerheads are important since aerosol and fine spry both are an ideal origin for legionella bacteria.
There are two ways that you can clean your showerhead. The first one is you can take a plastic bag and fill it with vinegar and wrap it around the showerhead around secure it with a tape or rubber band. Another way is you can rub the flexible nozzles. You can either simply massage each nozzle through your finger or by gently scrubbing the nozzles with the help of a toothbrush.
If the issue is not related to plumbing, then some showerheads are designed to increase the water flow in areas where you can increase the water pressure.
All the products that have been mentioned above are popular, widely used, and loved by customers.
To make the decision even easier for you, we would suggest that you buy the first product Aquieen H2Micro Round 3 Function Watersaving Mist & Rain Overhead Shower that we have mentioned above. The reason is it is made up of high-quality ABS material that allows the product to get damaged. It has multifunctionality, and a high-pressure stream altogether makes your bathing experience all the more luxurious.
Was this article helpful? Do you have any questions left? Share with us in the comment section below.