We all buy running shoes, casual sandals or gym shoes to wear them at different places but is it suitable to wear them in work place? Absolutely not. For this purpose, one has to wear safety shoes which provide utmost care, safety and comfort to keep your feet safe at work place.
Safety shoes are gaining its popularity in these days, as it offer optimum protection in the workplace to your feet. It protect the feet from dangers of injuries that caused by sharp objects, heavy tools and machinery, extremes in temperature, absorption of elements or falling or lifting of heavy objects, especially for those who are working in a dangerous profession. However, the type of this footwear you need is generally determined by various factors like indoor or outdoor use, climatic conditions, the type of material used, etc.
Before purchasing the safety shoes, you have to consider three main factors for grabbing the best and most suited one.
Size – Wearing perfect sized shoes will help to keep the foot safe and secure along with comfortable move. So, always buy the right size shoes that fits perfectly.
Weight – The heavy PU sole will definitely reduce the risk against the fractures and damages. So, buy the shoes that has appropriate weight without compromising on the safety and comfort.
Industrial Applications – Remember to choose the safety shoes as per your industrial applications. Simply choose the shoes wisely. For example, use skid resistant shoes for building sites, where there is a cement or concrete working.
To help you understand well about the safety shoes in detail like what are those, its types, its purpose of using in various places, etc. So, we are providing you with a Comprehensive Buying Guide along with some Best Safety Shoes that widely used in Indian online market. Just go through them to get a complete idea on safety shoes and buy the best one as per your requirement.
7 Best Safety Shoes in India 2020
|Safety Shoes||Size||Material||Weight||Buy Now|
|Allen Cooper Safety Shoes||8 (UK)||Buff Suede Leather||1.46 kg||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Hillson Beston Safety Shoe||8 (UK)||Synthetic Leather with PVC sole||1.19 kg||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Tiger Men’s Low Ankle Safety Shoes||8 (UK)||Leather||1kg||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Eego Italy Genuine Leather Safety Boots||10 (UK)||Leather & Rubber||748 grams||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Neosafe Safety Shoes||8 (UK)||Buff Grain Leather||798 grams||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|ACME Ketone Safety Shoes||8 (UK)||Grain Buffalo Leather||948 grams||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Karam Safety Shoes||10(UK)||Full Grain Leather||945 grams||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Best Safety Shoes in India: Reviews
Getting confusion on where to buy and how to choose these safety shoes. To clear your confusion, we came up with 7 best top selling safety shoes in Indian online market (as per reviews and ratings). Simply select the best one as per your requirement.
This Allen cooper men’s safety shoes will look stylish and are designed as per the latest trends in footwear fashion. It is available in grey shade and made from suede leather with black corduroy material that provides most comfort to your feet. It comes with a moisture wicking breathable fabric lining that effectively absorbs the moisture and keep your feet dry and cool.
The lace up closure will make the shoe to get a snug fit balance with comfort. The lace flexibility will help to maintain a firm grip to get proper support to the feet while moving. It comes with features like double density directly injected PU sole that makes it resistant to oil and acids along with protecting your feet from dangerous material.
It has anti-static property and a steel toe cap will help to withstand an impact of over 200 J. It has the certificate of ISI marking for IS: 15298 – Part (II) and DGMS approved.
- Size – 8 (UK)
- Color – Grey
- Weight – 1.46 kg
- Material – Buff Suede Leather with Black Cordura
- It comes with moisture wicking breathable fabric lining with steel toe cap that can withstand an impact of over 200 J.
- It has features like slip resistant, padded leather collar, grey binjoli insole and cambrelle with molded EVA.
- ISI marked and DGMS approved certification for its quality and safety measures.
- These shoes protect your feet from the hazardous materials like acids or chemicals.
- The lace up closure will give a proper grip and support to the feet.
- Some customers report that the shoes are so what heavy to wear and uncomfortable to move.
Hillson Beston is one of the best manufacturer in Industrial safety shoes. The resilient material and reinforced toes will protect the user’s feet from the dangerous incidents (like from airborne matter, electrical, chemical, mud, heavy objects & bio-hazards at the workplace.
These are safe, durable and affordable shoes that fitted with a protective steel toe cap (as per IN standards). The upper part of the shoe is made of synthetic leather whereas the sole is made of PVC in which it ensures the quality and comfort while moving or working.
The moisture wicking breathable fabric lining will help to absorb the moisture and keep your feet dry. The single density light weight PU sole will help you to move comfortably. It comes with anti-static along with slip resistant from oil and acid and also has waterproof property.
- Size – 8 (UK)
- Color – Black
- Material – Synthetic Leather with PVC sole
- Weight – 1.19 kg
- These shoes are effectively used for automobile industries, mining industries, steel industries and manufacturing plants.
- It comes with features like oil resistant, anti-skid sole design and water resistant.
- A decent low price safety shoes with durability.
- Most of the customer’s report that the quality is not up to the mark.
- A few customers say that the shoes are heavy to wear and move.
This Tiger safety shoes are from the Mallcom (India) Ltd, which is leading Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) brand. It is made of fine leather material and are perfectly designed with fine finishing. They are easy to use and pocket friendly affordable shoes.
It has heat, shock and water resistance which makes it perfect to use in industrial activities. The shoe has Barton grain leather upper part with black synthetic cambrelle lining, oil resistant bottom and crushproof toe cap along with single & dual density. It comes with injected single density pu outsole, puncture proof or slip resistant sole that help you to work effectively in oil industries as well.
- Size – 8 (UK)
- Color – Black
- Material – Leather
- Weight – nearly 1 kg
- It is made of high quality leather that not only gives durability but comfort as well.
- Light weight and easy to move with these shoes
- Comes with water, heat, oil and shock resistant that is meant for heavy duty.
- Some customer’s complaint that the insole is not comfortable while moving.
- A little bit pricey product.
This Eego Italy safety shoes are ideal for men to use at their industrial working areas. The upper material is made of later and it has textile lining material with rubber sole. It is designed by using high quality material to reach the international standards under the guidance of skilled professionals.
The utmost quality, elevated durability, the round toe shape and high comfort levels will make this safety shoes high in demand. Also, the lace up closure and steel toe cap will make the shoe to get a snug fit balance with comfort. The lace flexibility will help to maintain a firm grip to get proper support to the feet while moving.
It comes with anti-skid sole that resist you from slipping from oil, water and acids. It is light weight and water resistant that help you to move comfortably.
- Color – Black
- Material – Leather
- Weight – 748 grams
- Size – 10 (UK)
- Light weight, durable and comfortable to walk which suits best for construction site & safety side users.
- It is made with leather that comes with features like steel toe, antiskid sole and lace up closure that makes it as stylish footwear for men.
- Some users say that the sole is hard and if wearing for long runs, it causes foot pain.
- A little bit pricey product
This Neosafe executive low ankle safety shoes are made with premium look buff grain leather with fiber toe that can bear up to 100+ joules. The double density pu injection moulded sole will make this shoe great to use in any hazardous conditions. The cambrele lining of these shoes will ensure you a great comfort even though working for the whole day.
It is light weight and shock proof that help you to bear up to 16 kilo volt ampere (kva). It provides oil, acid, water and heat resistance (up to 120⁰C) that help you to work effectively with safety and comfort. It comes with padded collar, breathable cambrelle lining, anti-skid, strong laces and firm heel counter.
- Material – Leather
- Color – Black
- Size – 8
- Warranty – 6 months
- Weight – 798 grams
- It is made of leather that help for heavy duty industrial use.
- It comes with features like excellent fitting, shock proof and comfortable to wear.
- Light weight and durable that help you to move freely.
- A little bit pricey products
- A few customers say that the shoe fitting is not correct for them.
ACME products are generally manufactured by following the standards of ISO, CE, ISI, & EN certification under stringent supervision. The sole has 100 Kohm to 1000 Mohm electric resistance and also direct injection double density PU sole that enhance the comfort, safety, and durability.
The upper part is made of fine quality CS print grain buffalo leather. It has powder coated and comes with rust proof and extra wide alloy steel toe cap that can handle up to 200 joules impact resistance.
- Material – Leather
- Color – Black
- Size – 8
- Weight – 948 grams
- It suits best for construction and safety industrial works.
- Made of high quality leather which gives comfort while moving.
- The safety features like rustproof, alloy steel toe cap with 200 J impact resistance along with CE and ISI certification will ensure it as one of the best safety shoes.
- It is not water or heat resistant.
- A few customers report that it is not much comfortable for those who have to walk a lot, as it is not lightweight shoes.
This Karam FS – 05 leather safety shoes are excellent to use for industrial works. The upper part of the shoe is made of full grain leather and has black cambrel quarter lining and highly abrasion resistant fabric vamp lining. The single density pu sole will ensure you with a safety and comfort.
It has oil, acid, heat and water resistant along with antistatic and shock absorbing property that help you to work safe and comfortably without getting any affect in hazardous cases.
- Color – Black
- Material – Leather
- Size – 10
- Weight – 945 grams
- Comes with good quality, lightweight, durable and comfortable to use.
- It has features like heat resistant, waterproof, shock absorbing property, oil or acid resistant.
- Some customer’s report that the quality of these shoes are not up to the mark, as the sole is getting damaged within a few weeks of usage.
- A little bit pricey product.
Buying Guide for Safety Shoes – How to Select the Best:
We generally use safety shoes for different purposes and as the name implies it will keep your feet safe from different hazardous situations at the workplace. To guide you in your safety shoes selection, we are providing you with a buying guide. Have a look and keep these things in mind before buying to get the best safety shoes as per your requirement.
Types of Safety Shoes:
Before going to purchase the safety shoes, you have to know its types and which type is used for which purpose to make best use of these shoes.
1.Safety – Toed Shoes:
This type of shoes are designed to have a covering around your toe. The covering is made by a strong material to protect the toes from any hazardous mishaps, if happened suddenly. Suits best in the work place where there are daily lifting or handling of heavy objects included.
2. Steel Insole Shoes:
This type of shoes are designed to those who use the feet constantly for driving heavy trucks or bikes or peddling a cycle and experiencing pain in the joints and legs. So, wearing these shoes will prevent the foot from more shifting and moving and thereby relieves your pain. You can wear and make the move comfortable.
3. Metal Instep Shoes:
They are designed in a way to protect & safeguard your foot from all mishaps, pointed objects, glass pieces, nails, etc. which cause harm or hurt your foot. Suitable for those who are working with the machinery that deals with sharp objects like glassware.
4. Metatarsal Shoes:
They are designed to protect your upper part of the leg bones and foot. Suits best for the people who are work involves the usage of heavy machines and objects where it has the risk of falling or crushing feet (drop hazards). Commonly used in factories/industries where lifting heavy objects or in construction sites.
5. Electric Hazard Shoes:
However, the electric hazards are quite common accidents happen in industries where the usage of high voltage supply involved. It may even result in electrocution (major injury or death). These are designed with a thick sole to prevent electricity getting contact and thereby reduces the effect of this electric shocks.
Suitable for those who are working for long hours like in construction sites. They gives comfort to the legs by providing safety to the heel and ankle. Although, it is one of the best safety shoe with its hard sole but the only drawback is that not suitable for people lifting heavy object (not having impact resistance).
Things to Consider Before Purchasing the Safety Shoes:
There are various factors which you have to consider before buying these safety shoes. Just scroll down to know what those factors are and how to choose the best one as per your requirement.
The first factor to consider why because wearing perfect sized shoes will help to keep the foot safe and secure along with comfortable move. Never ever compromise on your shoe size, always buy the right size shoes.
2. Properties of Safety Shoes
There are numerous properties available in these safety shoes. All you need is to choose them as per your requirement. Some properties are penetration resistance, conductive, chemical resistance, water resistant, antistatic, electrically insulated, heat insulated, antiskid, ankle protection, outsole resistance and cut resistance, etc.
The heavy PU sole will definitely reduce the risk against the fractures and damages. The comfort won’t depend on the weight but this weight will depend on the price. So, buy the shoes that have appropriate weight without compromising on the safety and comfort.
4. Toe of the Safety Shoes
Always select the correct toe for your safety shoes. In general, the average load bearing capacity of a safety shoes are around 200J. It depends on the material type used for making these toe caps. Here is the list of most commonly used material for making these toe caps.
Steel – The toe caps which are made with a high carbon alloy steel will protect your feet by providing the safety against any crushing under moving objects and falling objects. Suitable for those working in the construction sites where there is lifting of heavy materials, having the chance of getting slip or fall on the toes. It also prevents joint and bone related issues.
Composite – These are similar to steel toe cap but made with Thermoplastic polymers or non – metallic (non-magnetic) but lighter than steel. They provide safety against falling objects and crushing under moving objects. Suitable for people working in nuclear power plants, airports, security personnel, etc.
Fiber – The toe caps which are made with this lightweight fiber (non-metallic) will have not resist any impact. They come with electric resistant and people who are working in the electric field can use it.
5. Safety Shoes Sole:
We all know that the quality of sole will determine the quality of the shoe. There are different types of soles available for safety shoes. Some of them are listed below.
- PU Sole – It is lightweight and comfortable with an excellent safety feature like water resistant and light resistant.
- PU Double Density Sole – Widely used to enhance the safety and comfort.
- PU Single Density – Used only in case for average comfort and safety.
- PVC Sole – Comes with good safety features like high durability, heat resistant and slip resistant but low on comfort.
- Thermoplastic Urethane (TPU) Sole – Used in making the outsoles of the shoes. They are compact, lightweight and highly durable.
- Rubber Sole – Effectively used in places where there are high temperature operations.
Also, remember that you have to choose the safety shoes as per your industrial applications. A few are listed below. Simply choose the shoes wisely.
- For building sites, prefer to use skid resistant shoes while working with cement or concrete.
- In case dealing with sharp objects, wear penetration resistant to avoid pierce through the shoes and thereby hurting your feet.
- For outdoors like trekking or mountaineering, then select shoes that have antistatic & antiskid and made from leather to keep your feet safe while going in terrains.
- Prefer to use shoes that come with multiple layers to protect your feet from extreme weather and suitable in places like petrochemicals, agriculture, construction, etc.
- For working at petroleum and chemical industries, use slip resistance (or) penetration proof from high temperatures, harmful dusts and other liquids.
- For power industry, use lightweight safety shoes with PU sole
- For Transportation & Logistics, choose safety shoes with PU anti-slip, oil resistant soles.
To buy a safety shoes in your budget, you have to prepare a list of your requirement. Have a look on the shoes which fulfil your requirement in your budget and select the best one.
Benefits / Uses of Safety Shoes:
These are some benefits that can be grabbed by using this safety shoes. Let’s check what those are…
- The first and foremost use of these shoes are to protect you from any sudden chances of falling heavy material or goods. So, it protects you from falling or flying objects which are most common hazards at the work place.
- The safety shoes has anti-slip property that helps you to prevent falling, slipping or tripping on the floor, especially in the companies which have wet or slippery floor.
- These comes with perfect and soft cushion along with arch support to provide safety and ease to the user even in case, if the user is standing or working the whole day. It relieves your leg muscles from stress and strain and thereby prevents the user from fatigue.
- People who are working in the fire workplace or chemicals or cement may experience some burns or blisters on their body. This shoes will protect you with its durable material that prevent the burns from any chemical splashes or fire caused at the workplace.
- Those who are working in the cold weather places or refrigerated environment will have to wear this safety shoes to protect themselves from extreme cold weather to prevent the hypothermia or frostbites.
- The normal shoe’s sole is not that much thick to stop piercing of any sharp object through it. This makes it essential to wear a footwear which has thick sole to prevent your feet from any sharp object or punctures.
- It will safeguard your feet from any cutting hazards. It happens in case if you are using chainsaw or other cutting devices. So, wear the safety shoes while using the cutting devices without getting any risk.
- We all know that while operating or checking an electric device, we won’t do it with barefoot. The same will reflect in the case of safety shoes. Wear safety shoes to prevent from electrical hazards, as industrial power will cause high damage, if anyone came into its contact.
Frequently Asked Questions
You have to choose the correct shoes why because the compromising in the quality or effectiveness of shoes will reflect in compromising your safety. So, avoid making these mistakes while buying these safety shoes.
*Never ever buy the shoes in hurry, always choose these shoes by trying and walking around. Otherwise, it makes you unable to walk and work at your site. Wearing right sized perfectly fitted shoes will improve your work along with safety.
*Always consider your workplace conditions while buying the safety shoes. Falling to take these conditions will definitely put you at risk and waste of money. For instance, waterproof shoes for gardening, electrical or fishing works (OR) slip resistant shoes for roofers.
*Remember that comfort and functionality comes first rather than style. So, choose the shoes which are comfortable to wear and move.
*Prefer to buy the shoes from the company that specialized in the manufacturing of these shoes. So, that you can get quality, safety, durable and comfortable shoes rather than choosing the shoes based on price.
If there are heavy timber, nails, concrete or bricks around your working area. The worker wearing a normal shoes at their working area and accidentally if the nail pierces in their shoe. It definitely get into the feet due to the poor quality of soles used under the shoes but in that case, if the worker is wearing a safety shoes then the thick sole will prevent these sharp objects piercing through it.
Also, it is applicable in cases like industries which has a lot of water or other slippery liquid usage (OR) carrying a heavy load then you need anti-slippery shoes but not normal shoes. The safety shoes are made of material which make the toe section stronger and thereby reduces the risk of any accidents.
Simply consider the above mentioned facts to know the importance of safety shoes. So, use these safety shoes as an essential thing of the profession in the industrial aspects.
Always select the safety shoes as per the requirement in your work area. Here are a few suggestions that help you to select the best one.
*The industrial sites which uses the sharp objects like nails then you have to choose the safety shoes which has sole puncture protection with Grade 1 protective toe to protect your sole from the sharp objects piercing.
*For light industrial sites, choose the shoes which are made with sole puncture protection with Grade 2 protective toes that helps to save the feet from heavy objects or nails.
*For industries involving the use of high voltage electricity, select the shoes which come with electric shock resistance in the sole to work in these areas.
*Finally, for industries that won’t deal with any sharp or heavy objects, select a footwear that makes you to move comfortable (not these safety shoes).
You can use these safety shoes anytime in your work area, especially in the areas where there is a little possibility of causing damage to the foot like falling objects, piercing objects, heat, electricity, chemicals or vehicles to protect yourself (or feet).
We all came to know that how useful these safety shoes during work, as they prevent the user from the risk of any sudden dangers or accidents. So, take the above mentioned buying guide and best safety shoes products into consideration while choosing and select the best one that fulfils your requirement and make you stay or work safely and comfortably.
To minimize your research and shopping time on these products, our experts are suggesting to buy Allen Cooper 1156 Men’s Safety Shoes, why because it comes with features like slip resistant, padded leather collar, and moisture wicking breathable fabric lining with steel toe cap that can withstand an impact of over 200 J along with ISI marked and DGMS approved certification for its quality and safety measure.