Investing in a foot massager provides lets you get relief from a long stressful day. And moreover, you can use it at any time in your home.
This is the reason, these devices have become extremely popular and must-have in any household.
Right foot massager not only provides amazing massaging experience, but also offers several health benefits – both physical and mental.
In order to purchase the right one, we recommend to consider following factors…
- Manual or Electric – Based on their mode of functioning, foot massagers are categorized into these two types. Electric ones come with several massaging styles and styles like rolling, kneading, tapping, vibration, shiatsu and others. And moreover, these styles can be combined to get a custom massaging experience as per your interest. But manual ones don’t provide such pre-programmed massaging solutions.
- Closed or Open Design – These are two different design types of a foot massager. If you are looking for just massaging feet, then open design is the right choice. However, if you want massage for foot, calf, and ankle, then go for closed design. But for more than leg massaging, you can choose massage chairs.
- Size – Every foot massager has limit when it comes to accommodating feet. Some can handle foot size of up to 14, while others may fit only size of 10. If you or any family member has large feet, then you should choose a model that can accommodate more space.
Other factors to consider are auto-shut off, stability, and durability. You can read them carefully in our “BUYING GUIDE”.
Apart from that, we have picked up the Top 9 Best Foot Massagers in India after careful analysis and research.
Best Foot Massager Machines in India
|Best Foot Massagers||Speed Settings||Warranty||Buy Now|
|JSB HF05 Ultra Foot Massager||3||1 year||Check On Amazon|
|Lifelong LLM99 80W Foot Massager||3||1 year||Check On Amazon|
|AGARO 33158 Shiatsu Foot Massager||3||1 year||Check On Amazon|
|RoboTouch Foot and Calf Massager||No||1||Check On Amazon|
|HealthSense Foot Massager||3||1||Check On Amazon|
|Sterling Foot Massager||3||No||Check On Amazon|
|Arg Health care Foot Sole Massager||Controllable||6 months||Check On Amazon|
|SToK Electric Foot Massager||3||1 year||Check On Amazon|
|Hesley Leg And Calf Massager||3||3 months||Check On Amazon|
Best Foot Massagers in India 2022
1. JSB HF05 Ultra Foot Massager
JSB has been a pioneer in the health and fitness industry for as long as 35 years. It offers high-quality products that go through rigorous quality checks before they come to you.
JSB HF05 is a foot massager with kneading, vibrating, rolling, reflexology features to alleviate arthritis, varicose veins, plantar fasciitis or knee pains.
The machine offers an inclination up to 45-degrees, making it easy to use while sitting or reclining. It comes with a one year warranty and doorstep visits of quality engineers for servicing in all metro cities. In non-metro cities, you get a free pick up and drop service for servicing the massager.
4 Massage Options: It offers four massaging options to relax your feet, calves and ankles. Firstly, the kneading option gives a hand-like massage to relieve the stress on your calves. The vibration feature improves the overall blood circulation in your legs. The rolling massage with heat function provides sufficient warmth to your feet during winters. Meanwhile, the reflexology massage focuses on the acupressure points on your feet for pain relief.
Heavy-duty copper motors: The machine has four independent motors that are efficient enough to provide intense massage. The copper winding ensures durability.
Weight: The massager weighs 11.5 kgs and measures 53 x 46 x 48 centimetres to fit in any corner of your room.
Suitability: It is best for elders with arthritis, sportspersons, working professionals and homemakers. The machine is ideal for people up to 5’ 10” in height.
- Not suitable for tall persons.
2. Lifelong LLM99 80W Foot Massager
Lifelong is a renowned brand with over 25 years of experience in delivering high-quality home, kitchen and wellness products.
It has come up with a foot and leg massager with flexible rubber kneading pads to provide you with a spa-like experience right at the comfort of your home. The massager machine is customizable and gives you the option to choose between heat and vibration modes. The heat option is for additional warmth during the massage for a more relaxing effect. Meanwhile, the vibration mode relieves the stress in your feet.
Its ergonomic design provides electronic simulation to the pressure points of your feet. It also helps in maintaining blood pressure, strengthens your foot muscles and improves flexibility.
The brand offers a 1-year warranty on the product to cover all the repairs and malfunctions.
Massage techniques & modes: The foot massager offers kneading, vibrating, rolling and heating massages for your legs. You can adjust the intensity, speed and areas of the massage using the in-built modes. The auto mode targets your feet, calves and ankles. The custom mode is to relax your toe, arch and sole. There is a manual mode with three-speed and rolling settings for a satisfactory massage.
LED display with touch options: The LED display on the massage machine shows the time and massage modes. The touch buttons allow easy operation.
Copper Motor: It comes with a powerful 80W motor that has a copper winding to ensure noiseless performance. The winding also makes the machine energy efficient while enhancing its durability.
ABS Plastic: The massager machine has high-quality skin-friendly plastic to ensure safety even for sensitive skinned people.
Flexible kneading disks: This shiatsu foot massager has four kneading disks with unique rotation for powerful massaging to take away all the aches and pains.
- The outer body can develop cracks after prolonged use.
3. AGARO 33158 Shiatsu Foot Massager
AGARO offers an unprecedented foot massager, which is developed in association with renowned therapists of India. It assures a professional-quality massage right at the comfort of your home.
It works with a combination of powerful kneading and rolling mechanisms to soothe the soreness built up in your lower legs. The machine relaxes your foot muscles and improves blood circulation. The ergonomic design of the massager makes it work well while you are sitting on a chair or lying on the bed.
Moreover, you get a 1-year warranty on the product as additional assistance in cases of repairs or damages.
Customizable Massage Options: The massager has three modes; auto, custom and manual.
The auto mode lets you choose one among the four pressure levels. With the custom mode, you can choose to massage your toe, arch or sole. Meanwhile, the manual mode lets you choose the speed and direction of the rollers.
Bi-directional Rollers: It has large rollers to stimulate your reflex points at the sole to improve blood circulation and to enhance your metabolism.
Leather Pads: The massager has durable deep-kneading massage pads that press your muscles gently to relieve pains, muscle tensions and stress.
Weight: The product weighs around 7 kgs, making it convenient to carry it around your house.
15-minute timer: This foot massager comes with a 15-minute cycle to massage your calves, arms, hamstrings and toes in one go. It shuts off automatically after the specified time to save power.
Washable Cover: Along with the massager, you also get a removable cover to help you maintain the good hygiene of the machine. The cover is machine washable and lasts long.
LED Panel: The massager has a display with clear LED indications of time and the massage modes to let you know the status of the operation.
- Delayed customer service.
4. RoboTouch Foot and Calf Massager
Robo Touch is a world-class brand with more than 37 years of expertise in delivering healthcare and wellness products.
It has come up with a classic full leg massager that operates at 3-speed levels. This foot massager can massage even your thighs when its upper section is inclined to 110-degrees.
There are 30 built-in airbags for effective kneading from thighs to toes. With three active rollers, the massager can effectively relax your feet by stimulating the reflex points.
It operates at less than 45db sound level and automatically shuts itself off after 15 minutes to save power.
You get a one-year warranty from Robo Touch with 24 x 7 online support from experts to assist you in queries related to the machine’s working and malfunctions.
Thigh massage: The leg massager has an adjustable upper section that is foldable to a required angle to fit your thighs. It can massage your thighs with high-quality kneading airbags.
30 airbags: The machine has sufficient airbags made of high-quality leather and three active rollers to effectively massage your thighs, calves, feet and ankles.
Carbon fibre heat: When you select the ‘heating therapy’ option on the leg massager, a certain amount of heat passes through your knees and thighs to revitalize your tired legs.
Three active rollers: This new age leg massager has three rollers that can massage your muscles and stimulate the reflex points of your feet.
Settings: It has three air pressure modes for extreme convenience during foot and knee massage. The small, medium and low-intensity modes let you increase or decrease the speed of the rollers.
Kneading cover with a zip: The massager comes with a detachable fabric cover with a zip, which is washable. It ensures the machine remains dirt-free and hygienic.
Powerful motor: The foot massager operates at 110W for superior performance but consumes less power with its 15-min shut off feature.
- Slightly heavier.
5. HealthSense Foot Massager
HealthSense is an Indian brand providing high-quality health and personal care products with an affordable price tag for six years.
HealthSense Heal-Touch LM 310 foot massager with bipedal reflexology system focuses on the vital points of your feet.
It comes with a handy wireless remote to easily access the control panel on the massager machine. The shiatsu massage pads provide good squeezing massage to your feet from both sides.
You get a 1-year warranty from the brand to assist you in the cases of manufacturing defects or unprecedented repairs.
15-minute runtime: The foot massage machine contains a powerful 45W motor with copper winding to increase the shelf life. The 15-minute runtime of the massager prevents overheating.
Wireless operation: You get a wireless remote along with the foot massager to access the control panel. Using this remote, you can adjust the speed, direction, select the modes, turn the device ON or OFF and select the heating option.
Highly-effective massaging: This leg massager has two rollers, two acupuncture points, two rubber massage pads to relieve all the stress and pain from your feet. The rollers are placed in the right place to target the arcs of the feet.
Dual Boards: There are two boards on the front and rear side of the rollers that help target the acupoints with precision. This feature enhances the blood circulation in your feet.
360-degree stand: There is a swivel stand attached to the machine, helping you set the required angle to get a relaxing massage to your feet, calves or arms, while lying down, sitting on the floor or on a sofa.
Three modes and speeds: There are three predefined modes to target your feet, calves, ankles and arms. The speed control helps you choose the intensity of the massage.
Infrared heating: The machine has an infrared-heat option to increase the massage’s effectiveness while ensuring comfort to your feet.
Arm massage: The shiatsu pads adjust themselves according to your arms for an effective spa-like treatment to your hardworking hands.
Lightweight: This electric foot massager weighs 5 kgs and is easy to carry from your living room to bedroom or any other place you like.
- Smaller cord length.
6. Sterling Foot Massager
Sterling’s foot massager is well-known for relieving pains on the ankles, calves and legs as it operates at three-speed levels according to your comfort.
The machine improves the blood circulation in your feet and focuses on relieving stress at various parts of your legs with its customizable modes.
As it is made of high-quality plastic, the machine is weightless and is easy to carry. Moreover, it comes with an affordable price tag so that anyone can use it to relax after a tiring day.
Ergonomic design: The foot massager comes in a portable size with 12 x 10 x 10 centimetres dimensions, making it perfect for both home and office. The flexible design lets you have a soothing massage while sitting or lying down.
Settings: You can choose among P1, P2, P3 and P4 modes to target specific areas of your legs like feet, ankles, thighs, arms or ankles for a professional massage.
Speed: The speed of the foot massager is adjustable to three levels; low, medium or high according to your comfort.
Functions: The foot massager has rolling, kneading and pushing features. These features improve blood circulation and focus on acupressure points to relieve pain for arthritis patients.
- No warranty.
7. Arg Health care Foot Sole Massager
ARG Health Care is one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of healthcare products. The brand has been offering massage, healthcare and physiotherapy equipment for a considerable amount of time.
This foot, sole and leg massager from the brand is one of the best-sellers among their products as it offers a multitude of health benefits.
The massager comes with an ABS plastic body and silicone massage pads, making it durable in any weather condition.
It has 4 massage heads with 8 nodes that penetrate your foot for deep relaxation. With its kneading, rolling, and acupoint functions, the foot massager can relax your feet, calves, thighs, arms and ankles.
The product has a 6-months warranty, and the brand provides on-time customer support in cases of damages or repairs.
Durable materials: It has heavy-duty ABS plastic that can resist scratches and breaks. The massage pads contain high-quality silicone that is not only soft but also waterproof.
Suitability: With its compact size and lightweight, this foot massager is suitable for office, home, salon or any other place. You can get a relaxing massage with this machine while sitting or lying in bed. It comes with a wireless remote, letting you operate the device from a distance.
Health Benefits: The acupoint feature of this machine targets your pressure points and promotes blood circulation to relieve stress and improve sleep. By targeting the right pressure points, the massager can ease the headache, stomach ache, gastritis, cervical pain and muscle tension.
Modes: This leg massager has auto, custom and manual modes. In the auto mode, you can choose kneading, shiatsu, rolling or acupoint massages. The custom mode helps you choose between toe, arch or sole massage. Meanwhile, the manual mode lets you adjust the speed and direction.
- Makes little noise during operation.
8. SToK Electric Foot Massager
This electric foot massager from SToK is best known for its ability to give 6 types of massages to target your toes, soles, feet and legs.
It works with kneading and rolling functions to relieve fatigue using the traditional shiatsu method that replicates a hand massage.
The removable foot cloth design of the massager makes it easy to clean and maintain. The product weighs 7kgs and is usable on your couch, sofa or on the floor.
The brand offers a 1 year manufacturing warranty for this foot massager to assist you in the cases of defects and repairs in the machine.
6 Massage methods: The massager is efficient enough to give you six types of massages including rolling, shiatsu, pressing, scraping, kneading and infrared heating with vibration. These massages can eliminate constipation, promote sleep, relieve stress and improve blood circulation.
Customizable massage modes: The leg massager has a control panel with three modes, auto, custom and manual. The auto mode has P1, P2, P3 and P4 programs while the custom mode can target your toes, sole and feet. The manual mode helps you choose the speed and direction.
Remote control: The wireless remote helps you access the control panel while you are at a distance. The remote has buttons to change the speed, direction, choose the modes and so on.
- Poor remote functionality.
9. Hesley Leg And Calf Massager
Hesley offers a premium foot massager with modern technology to completely surround your feet or calves during the massage. It emulates the massage of a highly trained therapist.
It comes with five different modes and an adjustable tilt base, allowing you to place the massager on your sofa or chair.
The product is ideal for those with sore feet, fibromyalgia and plantar fasciitis. The removable cloth covers ensure a hygienic massage each time.
5 kneading rollers: There are 12 highly effective rollers for deep kneading inside the massager to target the acupuncture points of your feet and legs. There is also a heat function to provide sufficient warmth to your feet and knees.
Portable: The foot massager has two side handles allowing you to carry it with ease. It weighs 12 kgs and measures 58 x 49 x 48 centimetres, which is compact and fits in any corner.
5 modes: The machine has an auto, feet, leg, shock and heat modes for a perfect spa-like experience.
Adjustable base: The bottom of the massager is adjustable to any angle, making it placeable on a sofa, bed or floor.
Powerful rollers: The machine has highly-efficient rollers that can give your feet a reflexology massage to improve blood circulation.
- Provides only mild heating.
Factors to Consider While Purchasing a Foot Massager
Foot massagers have undergone a tremendous change and advancements. Some models just vibrate to loosen up the feet muscles while some of them are particularly programmed to concentrate on pressure points.
This is what makes it difficult to purchase a foot massager. If you have no idea how to analyze the product, then the below buying guide helps you. Read each factors carefully to make an informed decision.
1. Purpose of the purchase
Some of the foot massagers are tailored just to remove the stress and improve relaxation. While some of them have therapeutic benefits like reducing inflammation, improving blood circulation and decrease the pain. So, think carefully the reason for your purchase. Some of the questions you should ask include…
- Do you pain in the feet or calf muscles as well?
- Are you experiencing pain after sitting/standing for several hours?
- Do your toes feel stiff after a long working day?
- Are you looking for a massager that relieves pain caused by serious issues like arthritis?
Answering these questions help you understand which model suits your needs. If you have any pre-existing medical conditions, then ask your doctor to advise appropriate one. Because using a wrong one can worsen the situation.
2. Application of the foot massager
Area of application is also another important factor to consider while purchasing a foot massager. Some foot massagers provide massaging option for only foot, while some may provide more than just foot. Knowing your massage preference helps you select the right one.
- Foot – Some foot massagers can only massage the foot area. These massagers are perfect for targeting muscles on the soles which can provide multiple beneficial benefits.
- Foot and Ankle – Some massagers have taller design which can reach ankles and soles of the feet at the same time. It can also be applied to massage the sides and arches of the feet at a time.
- Foot, Ankle & Calf – There are only few massagers in the market that target calf muscles as well. Instead of open design, some models have tilt option which allows them to massage the ankles, sole and calf muscles as well. If you have a job that lets to stand then calf muscles can develop knots. Massaging with this type of foot massagers can have great advantage of relieving the tension in the muscles.
3. Types of Foot Massagers
Based up on the functioning mode, foot massagers are categorized into different types. Choosing the right foot massager for your requirements depends on these types. We have mentioned detailed description of them for you to make an informed decision.
a) Manual Massagers
Manual foot massagers are often made from natural material such as wood and it has to be manipulated manually by the user. They have a small and compact design and they look like spiked rollers that can be rolled under the feet. These types of foot massagers are extremely economical. They are perfect for treating sore feet, plantar fasciitis and others.
Major benefits of manual foot massagers over electric one are – strength and pressure. The special design structure of these massagers provide deep stimulation which also include myofascial release.
b) Electric Massagers
Electric foot massagers operate on electricity. They use rollers and balls to massage the foot. Electric foot massagers use vibration and kneading technique to massage the soft tissues for relaxing the stress. They use a motor which vibrates the rollers using oscillation technique.
They address some common points like feet soles, top of ankles and feet. They are available in multiple types – some can be put on the feet, some require to keep your feet in it and some can be handheld. You can choose any one as per your convenience.
These massagers also have additional features like heat to provide relief more than a manual one. Some of them also include water to mimic the spa benefits of relaxing the feet. As they are powered by electricity, electric ones are suitable for everyone like people who have pacemaker. If you have any medical issues related to heart, it is better to talk to your doctor before purchasing it.
Electric foot massagers are suitable for people who want to unwind the stress after a long tiresome day. The speed and power of these machines can be powerful and pressure can be strong as well. Some of these machines are portable while some of them are not. And Finally they are much costlier and require upfront investment.
c) Shiatsu Massagers
This type of foot massager uses heating elements, vibrations and rotating heads to mimic Japanese kneading method called shiatsu. This is an intense massage type that targets certain pressure point present on the foot.
d) Infrared Massagers
As the name suggests, they use infrared rays to relax the muscles, release the knots and provide relief from the stress. They are perfect for massaging calf muscles and foot areas.
e) Water Massagers:
These massagers are a type of electric foot massager that use water, light, bubbles and heat to enhance the therapeutic benefits. Spa massagers are larger and heavier that regular electric foot massagers. They often come with extra accessories that help you get a good pedicure.
4. Design of the Foot Massager
Each foot has unique features and different construction. That is why foot massagers are designed into two types to cater most of the foot massaging needs. A design of the massager influences the massaging style. Below we have explained the two types clearly…
a) Open Design
Most of the manufacturers prefer open design for developing their products. It helps to rest the feet on the massager’s deck comfortably.
- They are usually light in weight and potable, so you can carry them wherever you want.
- As they are whisper silent, they will not interfere with regular activities or cause disturbance to surrounding people.
- Being stable, these machines will keep your feet comfortably even if you place them on shiny or slippery floors.
- Although they provide thorough massage, open design foot massagers are not capable of massaging calves or ankles. However, only few models are an exception.
- None of these machines have the capability of massaging the arches of feet.
- Only open design foot massagers can reach the heels for a massage.
- Some of them have heat therapy option which reach the feet soles to relieve pain and stress.
- These massagers have relatively low maintenance.
b) Closed Design
Closed design foot massagers are very popular around the world. Once you start using it, you will never use anything else than that.
- They are capable of massaging soles, sides, heels and arches of the feet.
- Apart from the soles, the heat therapy feature lets the heat spread to arches and sides of the feet along with the soles.
- You can combine different massaging techniques to get best possible relief.
- They require high maintenance than open design ones. However, they are still easy to handle.
- Some of these model come with remove controlling feature which can be useful for people who cannot bend over or straighten like elderly.
- These foot massagers also come with different intensity settings. So, you can personalize the settings based on your requirements and moods.
- They are designed to cater all kinds of feet. However, some of them can be a little tight for people with large feet.
5. Different Types of Massaging Styles
It is important to consider the massaging action because it has a direct impact on the effects of the massage. Here are some of the common massaging modes available in foot massagers for home use.
- Vibration: It helps to loosen up the muscles more quickly. Gentle vibration is also easy on painful and sore muscles. It uses gentle strokes like jostling, shaking, or vibration to soothe or stimulate the body depending on the pressure applied. The intensity of this massaging type is low so anyone can use it.
- Kneading: This action provides deeper impact on the muscles and calves. This technique mainly focuses on loosening, stretching, and lifting the tense muscles and stubborn knots. It is suitable for people who handle high-stress. It helps to soothe muscles, release tension and improve overall body balance.
- Shitasu: This traditional Japanese massage method uses similar pressure experienced by hand massage. In some cases, this type of massaging modes include heat as well for better relief. It helps to release energy, relax muscles, comfort tight muscles and focus on restoring natural balance. They are suitable for people who have hectic modern day lifestyle.
- Compression: In this mode, pressure is directly applied to the painful areas for relaxation and rejuvenation of muscles. This massaging mode also dilates the capillaries which in turn improve the blood circulation issues.
- Infrared: The invisible infrared rays will penetrate into the muscles deeply to provide relief and other health benefits. These rays elevate the surface temperature in order to relax the stiff muscles and increase the blood circulation. This functionality is combined with other massaging modes to provide maximum relief.
- Hydrotherapy: This massaging mode uses water pressure to relax the muscles, relieve pain, release knots and increase circulation. Some Foot Spa massagers use water jets and bubbles to massage the feet and relieve pain and tension. In some cases, the water may be heated for added benefits. The jet speed of the water can be adjusted as per preference.
- Rolling: This technique applies constant pressure to warm and loosen up the muscles, providing a deeper massage. It is perfect for people who have physically laborious job on daily basis.
- Percussion: This massaging technique release muscle tensions to provide maximum comfort. It is perfect for athletes and sports enthusiasts because this technique helps improve muscle strength and ability.
6. Size and Weight
This is an important factor to should consider while choosing a foot massager as it helps to analyze who can or cannot use the machine. Most of the foot massagers present in the market are specially designed to accommodate most of the requirements. However, that doesn’t mean you will be able to you any massager you want. Every foot massager comes with a limit on how can or cannot you use it.
Some these machines can accommodate feet up to the size of 14 feet while some of them can only accommodate up to 10 feet. If you or anyone in your household has large feet, then you should purchase a model that comes with large space.
On the contrary, people with small feet should avoid purchasing models with large small as they will not get desired results. If the foot massager is designed for large feet then small feet can miss some massaging nodes or heads.
Weight may not be an important factor but it can impact portability and stability of the machine. As a thumb rule remember that, models that are on heavy side are more stable while massaging. However, models with less weight tend to be more portable.
Open design foot massagers are easy to carry around when you travel. Closed design foot massagers are a bit heavier and not easy to move them from one place to another. So, you have to choose depending on your preferences.
Usually the cost of foot massagers ranges from Rs. 1000 to several thousands, depending on its features and technology. Features and durability of a product changes from one model to another. Models that are less in price have fewer functions. Foot massagers that are expensive have a wide array of functionalities and features.
Actually, it is not recommended to stand while your feet are resting in the foot massager as it is potentially dangerous. Pushing a bit against the machine will provide a rougher massager, however if you push too hard the unit motor may fail.
Stability of a foot massager usually depends on its design. Open design models are slightly more stable than closed design models as they are wide and low. There are other factors as well that influence the stability of a foot massager. Usually, stability of a foot massager relies on its feet. Most of the models present in the market have small feet which may slide or slip during the sessions.
Some models have adjustability feature which help to adjust the height of feet as per your requirements. This is the best option if you have to adjust the height according to sofa or chair you are sitting. You can also adjust front or rear end feet to improve the massaging experience.
9. Heat Functionality
Some electric foot massagers are equipped with heaters that apply heat to various parts of the foot that enhances relaxation and improve blood flow. Heat helps to relieve aches and pains. The heating action may be limited to the bottom of the foot or the entire foot. It is better to have heat adjustability feature – as it helps to adjust according to requirement and season. Manual foot massagers don’t have heat functionality. So, while making the purchase make sure to analyze whether portable model is better or having heat factor.
Choose a foot massager with easy controls so that you can use it without any complications. Most foot massaging device have in-built controls present on the body of the massager and some come with a remote. If you find it difficult to bent down and use the controls on the foot massager, then opt for a massager with remote control.
11. Ease of Maintenance
Most of the foot massagers from leading brands have easy controls, buttons and switches, which makes it easy to clean and maintain them. And moreover, some of them have remote control functionality. Light weight models are much easier to move around so it also makes cleaning them easy.
It is one of the important aspects because it assures that the product will last for a long time. A high quality massaging machine has good durability. However, they are expensive as well. Some products come with life time warranty as well. The longer warranty is, the safe it is purchase the product.
Precautions to Consider While Using a Foot Massager
- Make sure to unplug the foot massager when it is not in use.
- Not all electric massagers work on batteries. Some of them have to be connected to a power source.
- Make sure the massager is present or stored in a place with good air circulation.
- For getting the best results, it is better to start with lowest setting and gradually increase to the required time and speed. You can achieve best results after receiving the massage for 20 – 30 minutes.
- If you are not aware of which speed or how time is required for treating your condition, then consult a physician.
Advantages of Foot Massagers
Throughout the day, our feet carry the weight of entire body due to which they get tired and sore. Foot massagers are a great solution in relieving the soreness, pains and tiredness of the feet. Apart from that, there are several other benefits of using a foot massager. Continue reading below…
- Actually, our feet have less blood circulation than other body parts. But massaging regularly improves blood circulation even to most lower extremities.
- Regular foot massage improves the strength of muscles and tendons present in the ankles and feet. This in turn reduces muscles soreness and pains.
- Foot massagers are designed to concentrate on the pressure points (according to acupuncture) which are known to alleviate migraines and headaches.
- Using foot massagers regularly can helpful in alleviating certain conditions that include flat feet, heel spurs, plantar fasciitis, bunions, PMS symptoms, lower back pain and others. It can help to relax and release stress of your entire body.
- Getting foot massage from 10 minutes every day is known to improve mood, decrease blood pressure and reduce anxiety.
- Using foot massager before going to bed can unwind all the stress after a long tiresome day and ensure good night’s sleep as well.
- People who have to sit or stand for longer periods of time often experience fluid retention in the feet. This can be reduced by using a foot massager.
Disadvantages of Using a Foot Massager
If used properly as per manufacturer’s or physician’s instructions, foot massager will not cause any harm. However, if it is not properly used or not recommended for your health condition, then it can lead to some issues. We have mentioned them below…
- If you are suffering from any serious health conditions, then ask your doctor whether you are suitable for using a foot massager or not.
- Check the manufacturer’s precautions and warnings beforehand as these devices are not appropriate for some people.
- Always limit your foot massaging time (especially if you are using electric one). Too much of good thing is also bad for your health. Most of the foot massagers come with auto-shut off feature – which will stop massaging after certain period of time. Usually, this limit is between 15 – 30 minutes.
Some Frequently Asked Questions ?
As per many research and studies, our foot has several nerve endings. Through massage, you relieve the stress and tension in these nerve endings, leading relief and relaxation of your entire body. As per many user reviews, using a foot massager daily for 10 minutes has shown tremendous improvement in mood, reduced anxiety and lowered blood pressure.
Neuropathy is actually a common side effect of diabetes. This situation can be handled through foot massager as it helps in stimulating and improving blood flow in the feet. Electric foot massagers are the best way in easing the symptoms caused by neuropathy.
A relaxing and soothing foot massage will improve blood circulation, reduce the tension in the muscles, and relax the nerves. This change can relax your mind, causing sleepiness. And moreover, our feet contain certain acupuncture points, when pressure is applied on these points, sleep can be induced.
Usually, foot massages will not cause any pain. However, if you have pain in the ankles or muscles due to any health condition or injury, then you may experience pain.
Just like any other body part, your feet can acquire benefits from regular run downs. You can get a foot massage daily until unless you are recommended to avoid it by a medical practitioner.
You can get it at any time of the day. However, it is recommended to have it before going to sleep. It helps to remove all the stress and strain in the muscles built-up through-out the day. And moreover, you can get happy and sound sleep.
Feet swelling and pains are some of the common issues faced during pregnancy. Though a foot massage can be helpful in relieving the soreness, it is better to consult a gynecologist or obstetrician before going for it. Some foot massagers have high intensity, which can lead to other serious issues.
According to some reflexology principles, some studies claim that using a foot massager can induce labor. However, there are mixed opinions on this issue.
Foot massagers can be helpful in dealing with back pain, however it depends on the severity and source causing it. For example, if you are experiencing soreness or tightness in the lower back, then it can be caused due to tension in the legs or feet. People who have to stand for longer periods of time in a day can also experience back pain. So in such cases, a foot massager can be helpful.
Foot massagers can be purchased in any local pharmacy or online stores like Amazon or Flipkart. Some of these websites also offer discounts, returns and free shipping as well.
When it comes to foot massagers, there are several products that fit into any budget requirement. They can range from few hundreds to thousands depending on their functionality.
This device is an ideal choice for people who spend a lot of time sitting or standing which mostly leads to knots and soreness in the muscles. Apart from that, a foot massager is also helpful in alleviating the symptoms of certain health conditions that include arthritis, gout, bunions, plantar fasciitis, flat feet, migraine, menstrual symptoms, lower back pain, swollen feet and others. Foot massagers are helpful for athletes and sport enthusiast as well.
Few Words Before Wrapping Up…
Everyone deserves a good relaxing massage after a long tiring day. But getting a spa every day is next to impossible and expensive as well. But investing in a foot massager is a good alternative for daily spa. It provides the same hands-on experience just like you get at any spa.
Most of the modern leg massagers in india are equipped with latest technology and well-researched massaging techniques. Apart from just feet relaxation, they concentrate on some pressure points to provide complete body relief.
When it comes to purchasing a leg and foot massagers, you can’t just pick them randomly. You have to consider certain factors like size, type and others. Well, if you don’t have the necessary information then dwell into our buying guide. We have ensured it has all the information required to purchase a foot and calf massager.
As per our choice, JSB HF05 Leg and Foot Massager is our top pick because it is one of the most popular and widely used foot massagers in India. It comes from a reputed brand, has a durable built and includes 1-year warranty along with a number of great features. It provides complete massage to the foot, ankles and calves. It features both vibrating and kneading massaging action along with reflexology feature. The user can control the speed and the massage as required. It features comfortable rubber padding, 15-minute auto shut-off feature and recline feature.
If you still have any queries or doubts, then feel free to write them in the comment section below. We will reply to them as soon as possible. Also feel free to share your experience and choice regarding foot massagers.
Is the recommendation of JSB foot and leg massager good for my aged parents? They are above 75 years. Mom has diabetes. Dad has leg size of 10 or 11
Yes, your dad and mom can use the foot massager. However, we recommend to start it with lowest setting and gradually increase based on their comfort and convinience.
Hi i want to buy calf and foot massager. My leg are swollen due to overweight. pls guide me with the best one
We recommend to go with JSB HF05 foot massager. Its kneading massage mode is perfect for getting relief from swollen and painful muscles in the calf or foot. This massaging technique applied pressure on the muscles tissues instead of just on the skin, which results in effective relief.
It has enough space to fit feet (up to calves) of 10 – 11 sizes without any issues. It also has several amazing features like auto-shut off, 3 speed levels, and others. It consumes much less electricity than most of the foot massagers available in Indian market.
Hi. Your information is good. But firstly it is too much information and i am not able to read properly on mobile. There is too much going down on the mobile screen and i cannot read so much information. Please create small information so that i can read on mobile. Also your information is cutting on the right on mobile screen.
Hi Prakash, Thanks for your feedback. We are working on it and will solve problems as early as possible.
JSBHF05: IS IT OK FOR 6’2″, LONG LEGS, 11.5″ FEET. HEAT,REMOTE?COST?ANY BETTER MODEL?
Actually, the JSBHF05 is not built or suitable for persons of 6’2″. and long legs. If you are someone with long legs, we would suggest that you go for the JSBHF60. Not only does it give great comfort to your long legs, but it also has a foldable and sizable grip handles along with a control panel and pressure panel designed specifically for Calf Pain Relief with Heat. You can find it here: JSB HF60 Shiatsu Leg Foot Massager Machine