After a long working day, every one of us deserve a good relaxation – like a foot massage to pamper tired feet. Investing in a foot massager is much cheaper than getting a foot massage daily at any foot spa.
A foot massager is specially designed to concentrate on the acupuncture pressure points to reduce the tension in muscles, relax the nerves, improve blood circulation and calm your entire body.
With a foot massager at home, you can relax at any time of your convenience.
Not sure which foot massager to purchase…?
Read our “buying guide“. It contains all the information required to take an informed decision. Apart from that, we have also picked up best foot massagers in the market after a vigorous testing and research. Take a look at them below the table…
Best Foot Massagers in India 2019
|Best Foot Massagers||Speed Settings||Warranty||Buy Now|
|JSB HF05 Leg and Foot Massager||3||1 year||Check the Price|
|Lifelong LLM99 Calf and Leg Massager||3||1 year||Check the Price|
|Agaro Foldable Foot and Calf Massager||4||1 year||Check the Price|
|Dr. Physio Shiatsu Electric Powerful Foot Massager||4||6 months||Check the Price|
|Robotouch Pedilax Foot Massager||3||1 year||Check the Price|
Detailed Description of Each Steam Iron
The first product from our list is developed and marketed by JSB Healthcare. With over 30 years of experience, this brand has maintained the quality, genuine price and assured after sale service.
JSB foot massager is specially crafted to provide electric stimulation on necessary pressure points. The massaging principles programmed in this product are based up on age old techniques (acupuncture and reflexology) which are known for easing tensioned muscles.
This massaging device is integrated with 3 speed levels which lets the user control the speed of the massage as required and manipulate the tension in and around the leg and foot. With integrated rubber kneading pads, this product can squeeze your tired feet after a long tiresome day.
It also features a reflexology foot plate that helps to improve energy flow throughout the body and relieve foot pain. The massager comes with a durable rubber padding which makes it all the more comfortable.
The massager has an auto shut-off feature that gets activated after 15 minutes of use so you can fall asleep while using the massager without any worries. The massager can recline up to 45 degrees so the user can use it while sitting or reclining.
This product consumes minimal amount of electricity which makes it environmental friendly. The manufacturer offers 1-year warranty on the product.
Things We Liked:
- Leading brand in home health care products
- 3 modes of vibration and 3 modes of kneading
- Reflexology foot plate to ease pain
- Rubber knead for calves, ankles and feet
- 15-minute auto-shut off
- Integrated 3-level speed settings
- Relax and rejuvenate anywhere
- Consumes less electricity
- 1-year warranty
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Not a good option for old people
Lifelong is actually a new brand in the market with just 3 years of experience. But their exclusive range of kitchen, household and personal care appliances have been crafted with latest technology and highest quality.
The LLM99 calf and leg massager from Lifelong pampers yourself feet in the most beneficial way. It works on legs, calves and foot points to relieve stress and improve blood circulation. With flexible rubber kneading pads, you can experience a professional spa-like experience.
The specially developed massaging techniques, use heat and vibration to provide ultimate massaging experience like no other. It provides electronic stimulation on the necessary pressure points and helps you unwind the stress.
It contains 3 auto-programs and 3 personal preference programs. This product comes with 4 customizable massage nodes that include rolling, vibrating, kneading and heating programs. It has a 15-minute auto shut-off feature so the user can relax and fall asleep while using the massager without worrying.
Lifelong LLM99 comes with copper motor and copper wiring which makes this product more energy efficiency, superior performance and prolonged motor life. This product is designed with premium quality skin friendly ABS plastic and TPR material for strength and durability.
2 removable fabric covers are provided for easy cleaning and maintenance of the product. Apart from that, manufacturer is also providing 1-year warranty on this product.
Things We Liked:
- Complete massaging solution
- Customized operations
- Ergonomically designed
- Focuses mainly on acupressure points
- 3 auto-programs and 3 personal massing programs
- Powerful copper motor
- Adjustable seating position
- LED display with single touch
- Removable washable fabric cover
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Not suitable for sensitive people
Agaro is another new brand specializing in personal care products. The foldable foot massager is specially designed to massage feet, ankles and calves at the same time.
Combination of kneading and vibratory actions is what makes this product worthy enough. This combination penetrates deeply into the tired muscles and soothe away the soreness which often build-up in the lower legs after a long tiresome day.
This product is specially designed based up on the principles of reflexology, so it will use the special nodes to stimulate areas on the feet that are corresponded with other body parts. So, you will experience a total body relief and revitalization.
You can experience soothing infrared heat therapy along with a massage to get rid of the fatigue and enjoy optimal comfort. As the device can be foldable, it is versatile and convenient to store. This product is perfectly suitable for varicose veins, blood circulation and muscle relaxation.
Another amazing feature of this product is – you can use for both legs and hands. The touch display will provide easy access to operate the device. The detachable fabric cover helps in easy cleaning and good hygiene.
Auto shut-off feature present in the massager activates after 15 minutes of use. Warranty period of 1-year is provided for this product.
Things We Liked:
- Multi-functional leg massager
- Foldable design
- Air compression therapy
- Heating therapy
- Customizable massage option
- Auto-shut off
- Detachable zip cover
- Touch display panel
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Cannot be used if you have swelling
Dr. Physio is one of the world’s best brand for developing restorative and individual personal care products. They have a research and development team at NY who ensure every product they develop is of high quality, innovative and accessible to all people.
This product can massage your calf and foot at a time. And apart from that, it can scrub off the plantar on your feet. 3 massaging modes and several massaging functions that include kneading, acupoint, air pressure, scraping, rolling and calf massage help to relieve the tension and stress in the muscles.
The strategically located buttons on the digital control switch panel enables you to operate the massage function with ease. The combination of heating and vibration is what people have been loving this product. You will experience ultimate comfort with Dr. Physio foot massager.
It comes with speed and auto on/off control – so you can set the timer and relax without worrying for anything else. You can also adjust the speed as per your requirement and handling capacity.
The anti-slip rubber bottom enhances the grip on any kind of surface. You can either use it indoors or outdoors, so that you will not experience any accident or injury. You will get only 6-month warranty from the manufacturer.
Things We Liked:
- Ergonomic design
- 3 massage modes and several massaging techniques
- Improves blood circulation
- Anti-slip bottom
- Heating and vibrating system
- Removable and washable cover
- Speed and auto on/off control
- Relax and rejuvenate anywhere
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Built-up quality is not so great
This is a high-end electric foot and calf massager from Robotouch that comes with some useful features such as heating function and sole rollers. This massager makes use of 4 flexible kneading discs to provide professional level massage to your feet, ankles and calves at the same time.
It features a synergetic combination of kneading and vibratory action for a relaxing and revitalizing massage experience. It comes with 3 different kneading massage programs and 3 vibration modes that you can choose from.
The heating function stimulates blood circulation and helps to relieve sore and painful muscles. The massager is equipped with easy-to-locate buttons and switch panel that allows easy and simple functioning.
Auto shut-off feature present in the massager activates after 15 minutes of use. The massager comes with zip-out fabric liner that can be washed periodically to maintain proper hygiene. The manufacturer offers 1-year warranty on the product.
Things We Liked:
- Robust built quality
- Can withstand even high temperatures
- 3 automatic reflexology programs
- User friendly intensity controller
- Provides immense relaxation and rejuvenation
- 1-year onsite warranty
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Nothing much
Things to look for when buying a Foot Massager
With latest innovations and technologies, even foot massagers have undergone a tremendous change and advancements. Some models just vibrate to loosen up the feet muscles while some of them are particular programmed to concentrate on pressure points.
So, picking up a foot massager is not as simple as it used to be. This buying guide of foot massager is very helpful in narrowing down the options for you. Read carefully understand each factor and take an informed decision.
1. What is the purpose of purchasing a foot massager?
Some of the foot massagers are tailored to remove the stress and improve relaxation. While some of them have therapeutic benefits like reducing inflammation, improving blood circulation and decrease the pain. So, think carefully the reason for your purchase. Some of the questions you should ask include…
- Do you pain in the feet or calf muscles as well?
- Are you experiencing pain after sitting/standing for several hours?
- Do your toes feel stiff after a long working day?
- Are you looking for a massager that relieves pain caused by serious issues like arthritis?
Answering these questions help you understand which model suits your needs. If you have any pre-existing medical conditions, then ask your doctor to advise appropriate one. Because using a wrong one can worsen the situation.
2. How many types of foot massager are available?
Based on their mode of functioning, foot massagers are categorized into three types that include – manual, electric and spa.
- Manual foot massagers – Manual foot massagers are often made from natural material such as wood and it has to be manipulated manually by the user. Manual foot massagers have a small and compact design and they look like spiked rollers that can be rolled under the feet. These types of foot massagers are extremely economical.
- Electric Foot Massagers – Electric foot massagers operate on electricity and use rollers and balls to massage the foot. Electric foot massagers use vibration and kneading technique to massage the feet.
- Spa Massagers – Spa massagers are a type of electric foot massager that uses water and heat to enhance the therapeutic benefits. Spa massagers are larger and heavier that regular electric foot massagers.
3. What is the appropriate size?
This the first factor that you should consider while choosing a foot massager. Make sure that the foot massager has enough space to accommodate your feet comfortably. Foot massagers that come with calf massage feature are comparatively larger and heavier compared to manual massagers.
4. How many massaging modes does it have?
It is important to consider the massaging action because it has a direct impact on the effects of the massage. Here are some of the common massaging modes available in foot massagers for home use.
- Vibration: It helps to loosen up the muscles more quickly. Gentle vibration is also easy on painful and sore muscles.
- Kneading: This action provides deeper impact on the muscles and calves.
- Shitasu: This traditional Japanese massage method uses similar pressure experienced by hand massage. In some cases, this type of massaging modes include heat as well for better relief.
- Compression: In this mode, pressure is directly applied to the painful areas for relaxation and rejuvenation of muscles. This massaging mode also dilates the capillaries which in turn improve the blood circulation issues.
- Infrared: The invisible infrared rays will penetrate into the muscles deeply to provide relief and other health benefits. These rays elevate the surface temperature in order to relax the stiff muscles and increase the blood circulation. This functionality is combined with other massaging modes to provide maximum relief.
- Hydrotherapy: This massaging mode uses water pressure to relax the muscles, relieve pain, release knots and increase circulation. Some Foot Spa massagers use water jets and bubbles to massage the feet and relieve pain and tension. In some cases, the water may be heated for added benefits. The jet speed of the water can be adjusted as per preference.
5. Does it contain heat functionality?
Some electric foot massagers are equipped with heaters that apply heat to various parts of the foot that enhances relaxation and improve blood flow. Heat helps to relieve aches and pains. The heating action may be limited to the bottom of the foot or the entire foot.
6. How many speed setting does it have?
Most foot massagers come with three different speed settings, but some can have more than three speed options. The speed control allows the user to customize the speed of the massage as per preference.
7. Are the controls easy to operate?
Choose a foot massager with easy controls so that you can use it without any complications. Most foot massaging device have in-built controls present on the body of the massager and some come with a remote. If you find it difficult to bent down and use the controls on the foot massager, then opt for a massager with remote control.
8. How much comfortable is the surface of foot massager?
Most electric foot massagers come with a comfortable cushion surface where the users place their foot. It provides greater comfort to the user and supports the contours of the user’s foot. It also creates a non-slip surface so that the foot does not slip while massaging.
9. Is the product durable enough?
Purchasing a foot massager for home use is not a small investment. So, make sure the materials used for the device are of high quality. Low quality materials cannot withstand the regular wear and tear, so they don’t last long.
Advantages of Foot Massagers
Throughout the day, our feet carry the weight of entire body due to which they get tired and sore. Foot massagers are a great solution in relieving the soreness, pains and tiredness of the feet. Apart from that, there are several other benefits of using a foot massager. Continue reading below…
- Actually, our feet have less blood circulation than other body parts. But massaging regularly improves blood circulation even to most lower extremities.
- Regular foot massage improves the strength of muscles and tendons present in the ankles and feet. This in turn reduces muscles soreness and pains.
- Foot massagers are designed to concentrate on the pressure points (according to acupuncture) which are known to alleviate migraines and headaches.
- Using foot massagers regularly can helpful in alleviating certain conditions that include flat feet, heel spurs, plantar fasciitis, bunions, PMS symptoms, lower back pain and others. It can help to relax and release stress of your entire body.
- Getting foot massage from 10 minutes every day is known to improve mood, decrease blood pressure and reduce anxiety.
- Using foot massager before going to bed can unwind all the stress after a long tiresome day and ensure good night’s sleep as well.
- People who have to sit or stand for longer periods of time often experience fluid retention in the feet. This can be reduced by using a foot massager.
Disadvantages of Using a Foot Massager
If used properly as per manufacturer’s or physician’s instructions, foot massager will not cause any harm. However, if it is not properly used or not recommended for your health condition, then it can lead to some issues. We have mentioned them below…
- If you are suffering from any serious health conditions, then ask your doctor whether you are suitable for using a foot massager or not.
- Check the manufacturer’s precautions and warnings beforehand as these devices are not appropriate for some people.
- Always limit your foot massaging time (especially if you are using electric one). Too much of good thing is also bad for your health. Most of the foot massagers come with auto-shut off feature – which will stop massaging after certain period of time. Usually, this limit is between 15 – 30 minutes.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do foot massagers really work?
As per many research and studies, our foot has several nerve endings. Through massage, you relieve the stress and tension in these nerve endings, leading relief and relaxation of your entire body. As per many user reviews, using a foot massager daily for 10 minutes has shown tremendous improvement in mood, reduced anxiety and lowered blood pressure.
2. I heard that foot massagers are good for neuropathy. Is it true?
Neuropathy is actually a common side effect of diabetes. This situation can be handled through foot massager as it helps in stimulating and improving blood flow in the feet. Electric foot massagers are the best way in easing the symptoms caused by neuropathy.
3. Do foot massages make you sleepy?
A relaxing and soothing foot massage will improve blood circulation, reduce the tension in the muscles, and relax the nerves. This change can relax your mind, causing sleepiness. And moreover, our feet contain certain acupuncture points, when pressure is applied on these points, sleep can be induced.
4. Are foot massages supposed to hurt?
Usually, foot massages will not cause any pain. However, if you have pain in the ankles or muscles due to any health condition or injury, then you may experience pain.
5. Can I get foot massage every day?
Just like any other body part, your feet can acquire benefits from regular run downs. You can get a foot massage daily until unless you are recommended to avoid it by a medical practitioner.
6. What is the best time to get a foot massage?
You can get it at any time of the day. However, it is recommended to have it before going to sleep. It helps to remove all the stress and strain in the muscles built-up through-out the day. And moreover, you can get happy and sound sleep.
7. Can I use a foot massager while pregnant?
Feet swelling and pains are some of the common issues faced during pregnancy. Though a foot massage can be helpful in relieving the soreness, it is better to consult a gynecologist or obstetrician before going for it. Some foot massagers have high intensity, which can lead to other serious issues.
8. Does a foot massager induce labor?
According to some reflexology principles, some studies claim that using a foot massager can induce labor. However, there are mixed opinions on this issue.
9. Is it ok to use a foot massager if suffering from back pain?
Foot massagers can be helpful in dealing with back pain, however it depends on the severity and source causing it. For example, if you are experiencing soreness or tightness in the lower back, then it can be caused due to tension in the legs or feet. People who have to stand for longer periods of time in a day can also experience back pain. So in such cases, a foot massager can be helpful.
10. Where can I purchase a foot massager?
Foot massagers can be purchased in any local pharmacy or online stores like Amazon or Flipkart. Some of these websites also offer discounts, returns and free shipping as well.
11. How much does a foot massager cost?
When it comes to foot massagers, there are several products that fit into any budget requirement. They can range from few hundreds to thousands depending on their functionality.
12. Who can use a foot massager?
This device is an ideal choice for people who spend a lot of time sitting or standing which mostly leads to knots and soreness in the muscles. Apart from that, a foot massager is also helpful in alleviating the symptoms of certain health conditions that include arthritis, gout, bunions, plantar fasciitis, flat feet, migraine, menstrual symptoms, lower back pain, swollen feet and others. Foot massagers are helpful for athletes and sport enthusiast as well.
Few Words Before Wrapping Up…
Everyone deserves a good relaxing massage after a long tiring day. But getting a spa every day is next to impossible and expensive as well. But investing in a foot massager is a good alternative for daily spa. It provides the same hands-on experience just like you get at any spa.
Most of the modern foot massagers are equipped with latest technology and well-researched massaging techniques. Apart from just feet relaxation, they concentrate on some pressure points to provide complete body relief.
When it comes to purchasing a foot massager, you can’t just pick them randomly. You have to consider certain factors like size, type and others. Well, if you don’t have the necessary information then dwell into our buying guide. We have ensured it has all the information required to purchase a foot and calf massager.
As per our choice, JSB HF05 Leg and Foot Massager is our top pick because it is one of the most popular and widely used foot massagers in India. It comes from a reputed brand, has a durable built and includes 1-year warranty along with a number of great features. It provides complete massage to the foot, ankles and calves. It features both vibrating and kneading massaging action along with reflexology feature. The user can control the speed and the massage as required. It features comfortable rubber padding, 15-minute auto shut-off feature and recline feature.
If you still have any queries or doubts, then feel free to write them in the comment section below. We will reply to them as soon as possible. Also feel free to share your experience and choice regarding foot massagers.