Don’t you want to have spa body relaxation at your bathroom? Do you know you can fulfill this by having a bathtub in your bathroom? It is super exciting to plan a weekend for such relaxation at a nominal price.
Bathing Tub cleanses your body throughout. You can easily store water in it for a longer time and add aromatic essential oil for therapy of your skin. Well, whole body cleansing will give you an even tone and hygiene at the same time.
If you ask us what to look for when buying a bathing tub?
Then, we consider two necessary points that are:
- Length of the bathing tub: An average human body length is more than 5 feet. You have to look for a bathing tub that is more than that of this length. Length matters because you will be in a lying position, which is required to give a wonderful experience.
- Stability: If you have bathing tubs along with your home project, you do not have to make an external effort. But, if you have to buy it from outside then, the weight and the stability it provides after installation is a primary requirement. For installation, you can call the mason with cement, tiles, sand, and gravel. Also, you can get a freestanding bathing tub, which you can keep as it is in the bathroom.
In the market, there are popular brands that will fulfill your requirement. After a lot of research from our side, we have selected two of the bathing tubs from the Madonna Store collection for you.
There are other factors to consider when you are buying a bathing tub, and you can check on them through our Buying Guide that is available below this article, which will help you to get an overview before finalizing a product.
Let us have a look at them.
2 Best Bathtubs In India
|Bathtubs||Dimension and Weight||L X B X H (feet and mm)||Weight Handle(kg)||Warranty||Buy Now|
|Madonna Elegant Acrylic Bath Tub||180 x 91.4 x 44 cm, 27 kgs||6 feet or 1800 mm; 3 feet or 914 mm; 18|
inches or 440 mm
|150||1 Year||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Madonna Rex Bath Tub||167.6 x 76.2 x 35.6 cm, 17 kgs||5.5 feet or 1676 mm; 2.5 feet or 762 mm; 16|
inches or 356 mm
|150||1 Year||CHECK ON AMAZON|
2 Best Bathtubs In India Reviews
Introducing the range of Acrylic Bathtubs to the Indian market from the Madonna Store that has worked almost 20 years in manufacturing the Home Solutions product. The best ranging product from their collection is Madonna Elegant Acrylic BathTub that comes in white color.
The product has different color varieties that you can buy as per your choice. Talking about the construction of the Bathtub, it is 6 feet in length with a rectangular shape as it accommodates tall people.
It is made of a premium Lucite acrylic sheet, which gives a smooth and silken finish touch on your skin and enhances your bathing experience. The Bathtub is coated with fiberglass that makes it strong, sturdy, and shock-resistant.
The adults can also enjoy like kids and feel free to jump, play, or dance. The Bathtub comes with integral lumbar and arm-rest support that provides comfort to keep head and arms while taking a sensual bath.
For the bathroom bathing therapy, you can use hot water along with soap, shampoo, and essential oil. The anti-skid surface provides resistance that saves you from falls and injuries.
How to install the Bathtub?
The Bathtub has a standard size, and you have to call the mason workers and plumbers. There are two ways to install the tub; first, you can fix it by sand, gravel, and cement and the second is to buy a freestanding bathtub range.
It comes with design lines that highlight your bathroom. The company will give you technical and design guidance with availability on calls.
- Dimension: 180 x 91.4 x 44 cm
- Weight: 27 kgs
- Handles weight of 150 kgs at once
- Life: 10 to 12 years
- Length:6 feet or 1800 mm; Breadth:3 feet or 914 mm; Height: 18 inches or 440 mm
- Quality is better than popular brands
- Acrylic touch makes it durable
- Anti-skid for safety
- Packaging with proper bubble wrap and on-time transportation to fewer vehicle areas
- With the guarantee of replacement for any damage while delivering
- 1-year blanket guarantee
- Cost-effective and best at the price range
Madonna manufacturing one of the best bathtubs and bathroom accessories in India. They had put impression from their extraordinary bathroom accessories collection, one of them is Madonna Rex Rectangular Acrylic Bath Tub.
It is the solution for them who have a small bathroom and want to enjoy the feel of bathing in a bathtub. The attractive sleek design lines make the bathroom look amazing. You can fix the bathroom with integral lumbar, which gives you comfort while keeping head and arms on a rest position.
The Bath Tub is made of premium Lucite acrylic sheet for smoothening effect on the skin to create a marvellous bathing experience. It is covered with fiberglass for making the body strong, sturdy, and shock-resistant.
You can use any soap, essential oil, and shampoo. Create a swimming pool for yourself and your baby as well by mixing aromatic fragrances in the water and playful swim toys for fun. You can give a relaxing bathing schedule on weekends with warm water, fragrance, soft music, and with your favourite wine.
How to install the bathtub?
You can call the mason with cement, tiles, gravel, and sand. The plumber will attach the bathing tub water to the drainage, and the mason will cement it with proper care. You can also buy the freestyle standing bathtub that is easy to keep in one place and use.
- Dimension: 167.6 x 76.2 x 35.6 cm
- Weight: 17 kgs
- Handle weight up to 150 kg
- Life: 10 to 12 years
- Length: 5.5 feet or 1676 mm; Width: 2.5 feet or 762 mm; Height: 16 inches or 356 mm
- Easy installation and set up
- Lightweight, which makes it mound and fit easily
- Anki-skid will save from any slippery
- Resistant to scratches and stains
- Has great packaging with bubble wrap, plastic, and wooden wrapping
- If any damage; While delivery, then you get a free replacement.
- Comes with 1-year blanket warranty
- Value for money
- Some customers find it expensive for the dimension
Buying Guide For Bathtubs In India
Bathing is something that is part of our daily routine to make us refresh and relaxed. Along with this, it is that time of our day where you are dreaming in your thoughts, imagination, and maybe planning some crucial things. So, if you are going to do such a great deal, then it should be the most comfortable place. Isn’t it? So, what comes first at the name of bath is BATHTUB and with a series of questions- size, color, brand, material, and many more. Here’s a solution to all the questions and doubts one might have.
What Points To Consider While Buying a Bathtub?
Types Of Bathtubs
Before getting into the material we should know about the variety of bathtubs available in the market. After all, we should figure out which type is suitable for us. So here’s the list of types of bathtubs available:
1. Generic Bathtub
Relating to the word GENERIC we can easily find out what sort of bathtub it is. It’s not about a single person, but the whole family and your pets too can use especially during summers. They are available in white color with a showerhead above. Sit down or stand up shower? And the answer is both. You can have both sit-down and stand up shower.
2. Soaking Bathtub
Just soak in – your body completely in and you completely in your thoughts. This is what the Soaking bathtub is all about. Much deeper and wide compared to generic bathtubs. Fits according to the size you want and available in different shapes.
3. Walk-In Bathtub
When it comes to walk-in bathtubs, it’s just about convenience and necessity. It is best suited for senior citizens and people with physical disabilities. Rather than having to step over a two-foot side of a bathtub, a walk-in bathtub is easily reached by a level surface. Though, walk-in bathtubs are somewhat expensive compared to the others in the category but most suitable for senior citizens in the house.
4. WhirlPool And Air Tubs
Do you feel stressed all day? Are you a massage person? If yes, then these are the best tubs for you. The warm sensation of pulsating water jet massaging and caressing every part of your body is all that we want after a long hectic day. The only difference between the whirlpool and air tubs is that in whirlpool tubs, there is the splashing of water from strategically placed jets. Whereas in air tubs as defined by name air is splashed, which makes it less concentrated. These tubs are beneficial if you have muscle pain or soreness. Though a bit expensive but worthy of spending as nothing is more important than the relaxation we may enjoy.
5. Combination Tubs
Are you a bit confused after looking up for these many varieties of bathtubs?
And not able to come to any conclusion. Then combination bathtubs may attract you and may make your choice a bit easier. Combination bathtubs are a combination of all the listed above categories including jets, complete soaking, sit up and stand up shower as well.
6. Bathtub Shape
- Is your bathing tub comfortable enough?: If not, then it is time to change the shape of your bathing tub. Comfortability depends on the shape and quality of the bathing tubs that match your expectations. In the market, the ovals and round bathing tubs are modern ones while the rectangular ones look traditional but loved by many people.
7. Bathtub Weight
You have to check your bathroom floor is ready to handle the new bathtub weight or not. As the bathtubs are difficult to shift and once you install them, only the plumber can change the position. The professional versions of bathtubs are perfect in size, weight, and height as well.
8. Surroundings Of Your Bathtub
How many walls are around your bathing tub? If there are three walls then, there are fewer options to make changes. And, if you have only one wall, then it helps you to expand. You can install the sanitary accessories with it. IF your choice is no walls at surrounding then, get a freestanding bathtub that is portable anywhere in the bathroom.
But freestanding bathtubs require safer and not suitable for small bathrooms.
9. Bathtub Height and Depth
Bath Tub height must be 20 to 24 inches to give a pool experience. Also, the deeper bathtubs will allow soaking till 18 to 22 inches deep. These values are the generalized ideas of various bathing tubs.
10. Bathtubs Comfortable With Faucets and Fixtures
Do you want a shower along with the bathtub?
It is possible to have a shower above your by upgrading your bathroom with faucets, knobs, and drains. You can use new-style components to choose the fixtures.
11. Bathtub Materials
Once we are clear with our choice of the bathtub, the next step is to look up for the material of bathtubs. As spending once, they should be worthy of the cost we will spend. So, here’s the list of the materials available in bathtubs with their pros and cons:
- Procelain Enameled Steel: A common and inexpensive option is constructed of steel sheeting coated with porcelain enamel. This type of tub is heavier than the acrylic or fiberglass tubs but much lighter than the old iron cast bathtubs. They are affordable, durable, easy to clean, available in a standard size, and lightweight. But the surface can chip easily and get rusted, limited variety of color and shapes, loses heat easily.
- Acrylic: Low cost, versatility, durability, and a wide range of colors make this material one of the most popular amongst the others. It is made from vacuum-formed acrylic sheets that are reinforced with fiberglass. It is a lightweight, affordable, wide variety of color and shapes, durable, repairable, and non-porous surfaces, easy to install. But they are scratch-prone if cleaned with abrasive cleaners, stress points to be reinforced properly at the time of installation.
- Fiberglass: This type of tub is made up of layers of surface coat, polyester resin, and fiberglass reinforcement. One of the affordable amongst all is cheaper than acrylic but less durable. They are lightweight, easy to install, inexpensive, easy to repair, a great option for shower/tub combination. The cons part is they are not durable, fewer color options, scratch-prone.
- Enameled Cast Iron: A classic bathtub made of molded iron coated with porcelain enamel is the most durable one. A higher-end option but the investment lasts longer. It comes with durability, affordable, easy to install, resistant to scratches and chipping, excellent heat retention, can be resurfaced. They are quite heavy.
- Cast Polymer: These bathtubs are made by molding together minerals, polymeric materials, and resins to form a solid material similar to solid-surface countertops with a finishing of gel- coating. They are affordable, stain-resistant, wide color availability, easy to clean. It can have brittle, unrepairable cracks due to gel coating.
12. Drain Placement
Plumbing is quite expensive when you are choosing to customize a bathtub. It is necessary to find a perfect place for draining. Adjust your pipes and displacement properly.
13. Installation Type
The next step is installation. Where to install and how much space to be kept. All the answers are herein:
- Drop-In: Often known as a platform or deck mounted installation method. It is done with the tub that requires to be dropped into a decked structure built into an enclosure. Mostly, whirlpool and air tubs are installed with this method as they require various plumbing connections.
- Aclove: the standard and most common methods of installation are Aclove or recessed installation. Generally used to put rectangular tubs adjacent with 3-walls in a place. Draining and plumbing positions will decide whether you will have a right hand or left-hand alcove installation.
- Free Standing: Freestanding is a liberal installation of bathtubs requiring no wall support like vintage and clawfoot bathtubs. One thing to keep in mind is a nearby draining point.
- Undermount:Undermount installation will have a supporting structure underneath. It is quite similar to the platform installation. The only difference is that undermount installation will have a structure underneath the tub.
Benefits Of Having Bathtubs In Hot and Cold Water
- It uplifts your mood and makes you feel energized. As per studies, it has been found that bathing in hot tubs reduces the feeling of depression and change your mood to positivity.
- After a tiring day, if you take a hot bath, it will help you to sleep better because at night your body temperatures drop automatically, which shows the increase in melatonin (sleeping hormone). When you took bath in the tub your body temperature increase, later increase the production of melatonin that prepares the body for good sleep.
- It reduces cramps and pain in the body. As you take hot water fermentation, if you go for bathing in a tub, it will improve the blood circulation in your body. You can add Epsom salt that is beneficial in joint pain of arthritis and muscular pain.
- Improves the heart by balancing the blood pressure of your body. The heat shows the blood flow and circulation throughout the body that act as a mini-workout
- You can burn calories similar to taking a walk.
- Bath Tubs cleans your body overall at the same time.
- Soothes your skin, it is advised to add essential oil in your water so that you can enjoy the aroma while relaxing.
Drawbacks Of Having a Bathtub
- It occupies a lot of space for your bathroom
- It requires a lot of water for bathing. Sometimes, misuse of water happens
- Old people and people having injuries will find it difficult to use the bathing tub
- Unsafe for kids if the bathtub has full of water
- Time and energy-consuming as you will use a heater or geyser to heat the water and requires time to fill the tank.
Frequently Asked Questions
Though the information provided above will help you to a great extent to find the best match for you but here are few questions which might have popped up.
With the growing urbanization, there is a shrink in the space keeping that in mind mostly all brands of bathtubs have a wide range of sizes to fit into your space.
There is nothing like that if you spend more than only you will get a quality product with a minimum cost too. There are several bathtubs available in the market that assures you quality at the best price.
You can use the bathroom cleaner and brush to scrub the area of the bathing tub. You have to be gentle on the surface and use water to rinse. Clean your bathing tub once in a week to maintain proper hygiene.
The bathing tub comes with proper safety features. You can fill the water tub and keep your hands in comfort on the resting platform. From the backside where you will be lying, it will not allow you to slip inside the water. You have to take care of children to have a safe and secure bathing experience.
Yes, you can install the handling shower near the bathing tub. You can mount that shower on the wall and use it.
We are sure that after reading the article, you must have got an idea of what to consider while buying bathing tubs. There were several factors to keep in mind the advantages and disadvantages of the bathing tub.
As per our recommendation, we have selected Madonna Elegant Acrylic 6 feet Rectangular Bath Tub for you because it has an anti-skid surface and acrylic material that suits every bathroom. The other product is also good.
We hope that this article helped you to select the bathing tub for you.