Are you trying to pair your Bluetooth speaker and PC? Then the first thing to check is if your PC has a Bluetooth module. Some models do not come with the Bluetooth module. If that is the case, you can always purchase a Bluetooth module adapter.
Once you have confirmed this, you will have to put your Bluetooth speakers in pairing mode. You will find a button with the Bluetooth icon on the sides of your speakers. Long press the button to start Bluetooth pairing.
The above steps are common for all operating systems. But from here on, the steps will differ for different operating systems.
Below is a step by step guide for connecting your Bluetooth speakers with different OS.
Steps to Connect a Bluetooth Speaker to Windows 10 & 8
If you are using the operating system Windows 10 or Windows 8, then you can follow the steps below.
- Click the Start button and go to the Settings menu.
- Click the Devices option and select the Bluetooth and other devices tab. In this tab, check if the Bluetooth toggle switch is set to ON.
- If it is not set to ON, click on the Advanced Bluetooth settings option.
- A new window will open. Select the Options tab. Under the Discovery section, you will see the option Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC.
- Check the option and click the Apply button to confirm the changes. The window will close.
- Now, again visit the Settings menu and click the Devices option.
- Select the Bluetooth and other devices tab. Click on the Add Bluetooth or other device option.
- Click Bluetooth and then select the name of the Bluetooth speaker.
- Click on the Done button to confirm the pairing.
Steps to Connect a Bluetooth Speaker to Windows 7
For Windows 7 OS, follow the steps below to connect your PC to a Bluetooth speaker.
- Visit the Control Panel option.
- Find Bluetooth using the search function and click on the Change Bluetooth settings option.
- On this page, you will have to check three options.
- Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.
- Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.
- Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.
- Then click Apply to confirm the changes. The window will close.
- Go to the Control panel and select Devices and Printers. Click on the option Add a device.
- You will see a list of available devices you can connect to. Select the name of the Bluetooth speaker. You will receive the notification Connecting to device.
- Once you receive the notification, your PC will start installing the required drivers.
- After this, you will receive another notification to enter the pairing code. For most Bluetooth speakers, it is 0000. If not, you can check the device manual to find the code.
- A new window will open. Click on the Devices and Printers option. Then, double-click the Bluetooth speaker’s name.
- Your PC is now connected to your Bluetooth speaker.
Steps to Connect a Bluetooth speaker to iOS/Mac
Connecting a Bluetooth speaker to your Mac is different from connecting it to a Windows platform. The following steps will help you pair your iOS and Bluetooth speaker.
- Choose the Apple menu. Select system preferences and then click on the Bluetooth option. Your Mac is now visible to nearby Bluetooth devices.
- Alternatively, you can click on the Bluetooth icon on the top menu bar.
- Now, visit the Bluetooth settings menu. You will see a list of available devices.
- Select the Bluetooth speaker device from the list.
- Click on the Pair button.
- You can pair your Mac with multiple Bluetooth speakers. But, you will hear audio only from one speaker at a time. You will have to choose the speaker.
- Visit system preferences and select the Bluetooth speaker for audio output.
- Your Mac and Bluetooth speaker are connected now. You can stream audio using the speaker.
When you are trying to pair your PC and Bluetooth speaker, you may get stuck. You may encounter some problems. To help you with this, we have listed a few troubleshooting tips.
- Sometimes, the Bluetooth speaker will not show in the list of available pairing devices. In such cases, turn-off and turn-on your Bluetooth speaker. It will appear in your PC’s list of available devices.
- Your PC will not connect to a Bluetooth speaker if there is any problem with Bluetooth drivers. In such cases, open the Device Manager window from the Start Now, open the Network adaptors category. If you see an exclamation mark, reinstall the drivers. If you see a down arrow, it means Bluetooth is disabled. Activate it by right-clicking on the icon and selecting the enable option.
- Ensure your PC is not in Aeroplane mode. If it is in Aeroplane mode, it will not connect with other devices. You can turn it off in the Network and Internet section under the Settings
Frequently Asked Questions
If your Bluetooth speaker is not visible in the list of available devices, turn-off and turn-on your Bluetooth speaker. If it does not connect to your PC, remove it from the paired devices list and re-add it. You can do so by visiting the Bluetooth and other devices section.
If your computer does not have the in-built Bluetooth module, you can get a Bluetooth adapter. You have to plug it into the USB port of your computer. However, you need to ensure that the adapter is compatible with your computer.
Go to Settings from the Windows Start menu. Select the Devices tab and click on Bluetooth and other devices. Check if the Bluetooth is in Off or On. If it is in of, you will have to turn the Bluetooth toggle switch to On. Now, you can use Bluetooth on your Windows 10 PC.
If there is no Bluetooth driver installed on your PC, then the Bluetooth icon may disappear. If the driver becomes correct, then also it will disappear. In such cases, you will have to update or reinstall your driver. Also, note that some computers do not have the in-built Bluetooth feature.
If your Mac does not detect the Bluetooth speaker, then they won’t pair together. To troubleshoot, turn-off, and turn on the speaker. Additionally, remove the speaker from the list of paired devices. This should rectify the problem and connect your Bluetooth speaker to Mac.
As you have seen, connecting your Bluetooth speaker to your PC is very easy when you follow our steps. If your PC does not have the in-built Bluetooth module, get a Bluetooth adapter. First, you will have to enable Bluetooth on your PC. Then, you have to pair them and set up the connection. You are all set.
Whether you have a Windows 7, 10, 8, or iOS, you can connect them to your Bluetooth speaker in a hassle-free manner.
If you face any difficulties in connecting your Bluetooth speaker to your PC, let us know using the comments section. We will help you out. You can also share your thoughts in the comments box.