A mixer grinder is the most common electric appliance in every kitchen. From blending to grinding, it can handle several tasks – perfect cooking partner, indeed!
However, to maintain its efficiency and performance of the mixer grinder, it very important to clean it regularly.
Fortunately, there are several ways to clean a mixer grinder effortlessly. In this article, we have mentioned them clearly for your reference.
Different Easy Methods to Clean a Mixer Grinder
Maintaining a mixer grinder clean is a challenging task, especially if you are a busy mother or working women. To help you out, we have gathered some easy hacks for cleaning a mixer grinder.
1. Lemon – To Fight Smells and Stubborn Stains
Lemon is well known as the natural cleanser. Its bleaching properties make it the best stain remover as well. In this method, we will use lemon peels to get rid of bad smells and materials stuck within the jar.
- Take a lemon and cut into halves.
- Squeeze out the juice from the lemon halves.
- Rub the lemon peel or skin inside and outside of the jar.
- Repeat the scrubbing on the jar lid as well.
- Keep the jar aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now wash it under running water.
- Make sure to dry it thoroughly.
2. DIY Cleansing Solution – Quick and Easy
For this process also we will be using lemons as main ingredient. You can make this solution and store it refrigerator for few days. This solution helps to maintain the jar germ-free and clean as well.
- Collect all lemon peels and place them in an airtight container.
- When the container is filled up with lemon peels, add vinegar into it.
- Close the lid properly and keep the container aside for 2 weeks.
- Now open the jar, strain the solution into a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution inside and outside the jar (as mentioned in the above method).
- Using a cloth or paper napkin, wipe the interiors and exteriors of the jar carefully.
3. Baking Soda
The acidic properties of baking soda disintegrate stubborn stains and food ingredients stuck in corners of the jar. And moreover, it is one of the readily available ingredient in every Indian kitchen.
- Into a bowl, add some baking soda and water.
- Mix well until it forms a paste.
- Using a brush, apply baking soda paste to the mixer jar.
- Leave it aside for 15 minutes.
- Now wash the jar under running water.
- Now check the jar for odors or pungent smells.
This process will remove the smells present in the jar. So, mostly the spice odors or any pungent smells will be removed.
4. Vinegar – For Stain Removal
This process is suitable for cleaning stubborn stains present on the gasket or rivets.
- In a bowl, combine equal amounts of vinegar and water.
- Using a small cloth or brush, apply this solution inside and outside of the jar.
- Leave it aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now pour the remaining solution into the jar.
- Pulse or grind it for 3 to 4 seconds.
- Rinse off the jar carefully under running water.
5. Liquid Detergent Solution – Easy Peasy Hack!
This is a very easy process you can follow every day or after every use. It is suitable for people who have a busy life schedule.
- Into the mixer grinder jar, add 1 to 2 drops of liquid detergent.
- Add a small amount of water.
- Pulse the solution for 2 to 3 seconds.
- Now you can rinse the jar under running water.
6. Rubbing Alcohol – For Removing Smells and Germs
Though it sounds strange, rubbing alcohol can be used for cleaning mixer grinder jars. It helps to removing pungent smells and germs. It is suitable for cleaning mixer grinder before first use. You can easily find isopropyl alcohol in pharmacies.
- Combine 2 parts water and 4 parts of rubbing alcohol.
- Add some of the solution to the mixer jar and leave it aside for 15 minutes.
- Add the rest of the solution into a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution on the outside of the jar and on the lid.
- Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now rinse the mixer grinder jar under running water.
- Make sure to dry it thoroughly.
The disinfectant properties of bleach will remove any stubborn stains.
- Add some lukewarm water into the jar.
- Now add ½ teaspoon chlorine into it.
- Pulse the machine for 2 to 3 seconds.
- Leave it for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Rinse the jar thoroughly using lukewarm water.
- This will remove any traces of bleach.
- Make sure dry the jar thoroughly before using it again.
How to Clean Juicer Jar?
Compared to grinding jar, the process of cleaning a juicer jar is different. Because it has some additional accessories like filter. We have provided easiest way to clean a juicer jar below for your reference.
- Into a bowl, add one glass of hot water and few drops of regular dishwashing soap.
- Add the solution into the juicer jar.
- Make sure the soapy solution fills up the jar till the stains are present.
- Leave it aside for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Using a regular scrubber, we recommend to clean the stains.
- After stains are removed, rinse the juicer under running water.
For cleaning juicer filters – You have to disassemble and wash the filter separately. Using a toothbrush, clean the filter to remove any fibers stuck into the holes. After that, rinse it under running water.
How to Clean the Motor Body of Mixer Grinder?
The body of mixer grinder also gets dirty over the time. To maintain its shine, you have to clean it regularly. The process of cleaning the body of mixer grinder is very simple. However, it may be time consuming. So, we recommend to do it when you have enough time.
- Into a small container, add 3 tablespoons of baking soda and 2 tablespoons of white vinegar.
- Mix it will until the foam settles down.
- Apply the solution on the motor body and cord using a toothbrush.
- Make sure to apply the mixer on the corners as well.
- Leave it aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Using a damp cloth, wipe the exteriors of the mixer grinder.
- To clean the corners and nooks, you can use a pin or ear bud.
- After wipe the motor body using a dry cloth.
Tips for Proper Maintenance of Mixer Grinder
We have provided some hacks and tricks to maintain the efficiency and longevity of the mixer grinder.
- While using the mixer grinder, make sure it is place on even surface.
- As mixer grinder is an electrical appliance, never use it near water as it may lead to electric shock.
- We recommend to grind only small quantities at a time. Because overloading can affect the performance and lifespan of the motor.
- Don’t find ingredients at hot temperature as the steam can blow off the lid and even lead to damage. You have to grind only when then ingredients are at room temperature or completely cool down.
- In order to prevent any spillage, we recommend to lock the jar properly before grinding.
- It is better to start the mixer at lower speed and gradually increase to higher speed. Or else, it can impact the motor performance.
- Before using the jar, spin the blades to make sure they are moving smoothly without any friction.
- Make sure to clean the jar thoroughly after every use. This will prevent any accumulation of germs and bad smells.
- To maintain the blades sharp, you can grind 1 cup of salt for 2 to 3 minutes. Rinse the jar completely before using it again. You can follow this process 1 or 2 times in a month based on your usage.
- If you have to replace any parts or accessories, make sure to purchase from the same brand. Cheap accessories can destroy the motor.
- Make sure to follow the guidelines provided by the manufacturer.
- After washing the mixer jars, you have to dry them upside down every time to get rid of odors.
- Always store the mixer grinder in a location where nothing falls over it. Make sure to keep them away from children.
Mixer grinders are an important kitchen appliance. If they are not cleaning regularly, it can affect their performance and life span. It is better to clean the jars after every use and the motor body once or twice in a month. This will keep them in good condition and prevent any accumulation of germs or odors.
We hope the methods and tips provided in the article were helpful. If you have any queries write to us in the comment section below. We will reply at earliest possible time.