Do you crave for roasted chicken, tandoori and tikka kebabs, paneer samosa, and pastries? Everyone does! But do you know how easily you can make them in your kitchen? You just need the help of an Oven Toaster Griller.
An Oven Toaster Griller or OTG oven is made for baking, toasting and grilling purposes. They use electricity and convert it into heat; works in a very different way than a microwave. They come with baking or grilling rack (some other accessories; such as a rotisserie or rotating grill) where you put your food, set the temperature according to the dish and cook them for a certain time.
You can prepare everything from homemade pizzas, papad, french fries, cakes and cookies to tandoori, baked or grilled chicken. You can also use it to reheat your last night leftovers or to defrosting frozen meat.
Some other benefits of having an OTG oven are-
- They are a lot cheaper compared to a traditional microwaves
- They take lesser time to cook
- Consumes less electricity
- They are Light-weight and portable
- Have larger capacities
There are hundreds of OTG ovens available in the Indian market. They widely vary in terms of features, capacity, and price. The price for an OTG ranges from 1500 to 10,000 and with different capacities varying from 10 to 60 litres.
With so many variations one often finds it difficult to choose the best OTG oven in India for their use. To help you with your decision we have selected and reviewed some of the best models of Indian. This selection is based on parameters like size, performance, features and customer review.
We also have included an Oven Toaster Grills-OTG Oven “Buying Guide” at the end of this article. This has all the information that you need to know before you hit the market. Don’t forget to check it out.
Best Oven Toaster Grills in India
|Product||Capacity||Best For||Warranty||Power Consumption||Buy Now|
|AGARO Oven Toaster Grill||25 Liter||4-6 people||1-Year||1600 Watt||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Bajaj Oven Toaster Grill||16 Liter||2-3 people||1-Year||1200 Watt||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Borosil Oven Toaster Grill||30 Liter||4-5 people||2-Years||1600 Watt||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Morphy Richards Oven Toaster Grill||52 Liter||6-8 people||2-years||2000 Watt||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Prestige Oven Toaster Grill||9 Liter||2-3 people||1-year||1500 Watt||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Best Oven Toaster Grills in India 2020
This Oven-toaster-Griller from ARAGO is suitable for every Indian Kitchen. With 38 liters of huge capacity, it is best for a family with 4-6 members.
This is a rotisserie oven; it can make fiery barbecues in a couple of minutes. It has 5 different heat settings which can cook everything from cakes, pizzas, sandwiches, kebabs, tikkas to a roasted whole chicken. You can also select the desired temperature from 100-250 degree C by adjusting the temperature controlling knob.
The handle is cool-to-touch; the door is insulated with double-layered tempered glass which traps the heat inside and keeps your food warm for a longer time.
Power consumption for this unit is 1600 Watts which is pretty economical if you compare it with its size. ARAGO OTG Oven has 1 year of warranty on the product.
- Rotisserie microwave for baking, roasting and grilling
- Thermostat control to prevent overcooking
- Tempered glass door
- Cool-to-touch handle
- 60 minutes timer
- 5 levels of heating
- Auto-off with alarm
It’s a large-sized OTG oven with 38 liters of capacity, best for a family with 5-6 members. The price is cheap compared to its features and energy consumption. Cooking is even and includes almost all accessories required for baking, toasting and grilling except the crumb tray which is one downside; otherwise, it’s a full value for money product.
- Affordable rotisserie microwave
- 25 liters huge capacity
- 5 levels of temperature control
- Thermostat control, timer, auto-off
- Low power consumption
- No crumb tray
Looking for something small yet powerful? The Bajaj Majesty 16 liters Oven Toaster Grill is a match for you. The mini-tool works best for a family with 2-3 members.
This comes with a grilling rack and a set of skewer rods for making kebabs; a baking tray for making cakes, pizzas, burgers, French fries, and a crumb tray for easy cleaning.
It is compact from outside and spacious from inside; enough to accommodate a 10-inch diameter cake. The unit is pretty simple to use with just 3 simple dials for selecting temperature, heating element and setting a timer.
The stainless steel finish looks very stylish. The door handle is made cool-to-touch so you don’t burn your hand while closing and opening the door.
This small yet powerful model works with only 1200 Watts and comes with 1 year of warranty from Bajaj.
Affordable, compact, light-weight this is the best OTG ovens for you if you use it for 2-3 people. Though it is not intended for heavy cooking and thus we have placed it 2nd on the list; but you can still make your favorite cakes, pizzas, kebabs and tandoors.
- Temperature control dial
- Unique heating element selection
- Thermostat monitor to prevent overcooking
- Timer with alarm
- Auto shut-off
- Light-weight and compact
- Easy to operate
- Easy to clean
- 1 year of warranty
- No light inside the oven
- Not suitable for heavy cooking
Coming 3rd on the list Borosil Prima is still one of the best selling OTG ovens in its size. The medium-sized oven with 30 liters of capacity is good for a family with 4-5 people.
It is a rotisserie oven, means you can enjoy grilling along with baking, and toasting. It features 6 stages of heat functions made for baking, roasting and toasting. You may select one depending on what you choose to cook inside. Temperature can be controlled from 90-230 degrees.
Adding convection fans to the oven is one unique feature of this model. These fans circulate the hot air evenly for an even browning and faster cooking.
This has every cooking accessory that you will need in the process including- full rotisserie set, a cooking tray with side handles, grill rack and a crumb tray that keeps the inside oven clean.
The doors never get too hot. It works with just 1500Watts and above all, it has 2 years of warranty on the product from Borosil.
- Rotisserie for grilling
- 6 stages of heat functions
- Temperature control from 90-230 degrees
- 60 minutes timer
- In-built lights inside the chamber
- Cool-to-touch handle
Borosil is one of the well-known brands for making OTG ovens. The unit with 30 liters of capacity, 6 stages of heat functions, convection heating and 2 years of warranty is worth the price to be paid.
Just one drawback, the door is not well insulated so the food kept inside loses the heat too sooner which is not the case with its competitor ARAGO 38 liters OTG oven.
- 6 stages of heat functions
- Convection heating
- Temperature control
- Recipe Book
- 2 years of warranty
- Not well insulated
- Price is on the higher side
If you want a full-featured OTG oven and you are not restricted by budget this Oven from Morphy Richards is the best that you can get right now. Suitable for 4-8 people the OTG oven has every equipment from convection fans, full rotisserie set to unique keep warm feature.
The 52-litre OTG oven is a kitchen itself. You can try and experiment with baking, toasting and barbecuing, be it Indian or Italian or a new dish from a different country.
It has 6 different cooking options to choose from. Cooking accessories includes- baking tray, grilling rack, crumb tray, kebab rods, rotisserie rods, and tongs. It has multiple convection fans inside the oven which make the toasts crispier and cakes browner.
This is one of the rare models that can defrost frozen meats straight from the refrigerator. The timer can be set for up to 120 minutes. The powerful oven works with 2000 Watts and has 2 years of warranty on the product.
- Convection fans
- 120 minutes timer
- 6 different cooking and heating functions
- Illuminated chamber
- Stainless steel body
- Mirror finish front door
- Galvanized chamber to hold the heat preventing heat loss
It’s a high-end model with all the functions and features that one OTG oven can offer. However, we placed it 4th on the list as it can be too much for a beginner. Choose it if you love baking or have a big family otherwise, it can be too much for a beginner.
- Convection fans for even cooking
- Keeps food warm for 2 hours
- 120 minutes timer
- Solid build quality
- 2 years warranty
- Expensive model
- Short power cord
This is the smallest model on the list. With just 9 liters of capacity, this unit is a great choice for those with a tight budget. It will be enough for a family of 2 or 3 but not more than 3.
It works on with just 1500 Watt power but still offers efficient baking, toasting, and grilling. You can bake cakes, cookies, pastries; toast some sandwiches, masala papad, cheese bread, french fries. You can also make your customized pizza and kebabs of your choice.
It has a 60-minute timer and temperature control up to 250 degrees. The door handle stays cool even when the inside reaches the highest temperature. It features a steel body with a glass door. You will get a 1-year warranty from Prestige.
If your needs are small and you want something on the affordable side you can choose this model. The reason why it is left behind on 5th position is the poor build quality. But when you think about the price you simply can’t ask for anything more. This is a full value for money product.
- Compact and affordable
- Temperature control up to 250 degrees
- 60 minutes timer
- Cool-to-touch handle
- Transparent glass door
- 1-year warranty
- Not sturdy enough
- Cooks small portions at a time
Oven Toaster Grills-OTG Oven Buying Guide
Still, haven’t decided which one to buy? Maybe you need a little help. We have prepared an “OTG Buying Guide” for you. This will help you narrow down your searches and find something that will work the best for you. So before you finalize your decision consider these points-
1. OTG Capacity-Small Medium or Large?
OTG capacity can vary from 10 to 60 liters. Those with less than 20-liter capacity are the smaller sized ones; between 20-40 liters are the medium-sized ones and above 40 liters are the biggest sizes available.
Generally, for a small family with 2-3 people, a small-sized OTG should be fine for you. A medium-sized OTG is good for family with 4-6 members. If you have a big family of more than 6 people, don’t choose something less than 40 liters.
Below is a table that can help you decide it
|Your Family Size||Suggested OTG Size|
|2-3 members||10-20 liters|
|4-6 members||20-40 liters|
|More than 6 members||40-60 liters|
2. Cooking Preferences- Just for baking or want to grill as well?
Think about it because, if you want to grill or barbecue you will need an OTG with rotisserie. It is one important feature that involves a rotating steel bar which is used for making barbecues. With a rotisserie, you can prepare tandoor or grilled meat, paneer or vegetable in a couple of minutes. However, if you want something are just for simple baking and heating then you may look OTGs without a rotisserie.
3. User Friendliness- Useful features of an OTG Oven
- Temperature control- you need different temperature for heating different types of foods. Temperature control allows you to adjust the temperature required for baking, grilling or simply reheating. Generally, an OTG oven has the highest temperature of 250 degrees C.
- Timer- the timer is a must for every OTG oven. You need it to set the time required to heat your food. Maximum timer for an OTG can be set for 120 minutes (will depend on the model). The timer will automatically stop after the heating time is over. This helps you to do other works while your OTG does the cooking.
- Auto-cook menu- Auto-cook is pre-programmed cooking. All you have to do is select your dish from the menu and the power and temperature will be adjusted according to the specified dish. Just leave the cooking to the OTG oven until the time is over and take your dish out.
- Sabbath mode- this holds the heat in and keeps your food warm until you serve it. This is useful when you have already prepared the dish and your guests are yet to come.
- Cool-to-touch door/handle- OTG oven gets really hot and if you ever touch the door with bare hands you may burn them. A cool-to-touch door is made of materials with doesn’t heat so rapidly.
- Auto-thermostat- always maintains a constant temperature inside the oven to prevent over-cooking of the food.
- Convection fans- help in circulating the hot hair uniformly across the chamber for even browning and rapid heating.
- Transparent door/illuminated chamber- this will let you keep an eye on your food in case you burn it accidentally.
- Keep Warm- this will keep your food warm and fresh inside the oven.
- Insulated Chamber– holds the heat inside reducing heat loss and saves energy.
4. Cooking Accessories
- Baking tray- for baking cakes, pastries, cookies, and bread. You can also use it for roasting chicken, fish and making pizza or pancakes.
- Crumb tray- a crumb tray is generally present at the bottom of an OTG, collects all the food particles that fall in it keeping the oven chamber clean.
- Grilling or Wire rack- this is best for grilling, barbecuing and making tandoors.
- Skewer rods- these are best for making tikkas, kebabs, cubes of meat, fruits and vegetables.
- Tongs- to pull out hot baking tray or crumbs tray
- Rotisserie set- a whole set of a rotisserie for making barbecues.
5. Other considerable factors- For every model you choose
- Pre-heat- before using your OTG you have to pre-heat it. You have to switch it on for some time and then put your food. This generally should take 15 minutes. Some newer and advanced models may take lesser time. If it takes more than 15 minutes it may be too much time for you to wait. So check it out before buying.
- Cord Length- OTG ovens often have shorter cord lengths which makes them difficult to plug into the power socket, if it is placed somewhat away from the outlet. If you don’t want to use an extension cord make sure your model has a longer wire. If you are not sure about the length ask the seller or the manufacturer.
- Power Consumption- the higher the wattage, the faster it will cook. The smallest OTG of 9-10 liters generally consume 600-800Watts; they are less powerful. While more powerful larger models can consume 2000Watts or more.
- Warranty- Check the warranty details before buying. You can easily get OTGs with 1-2 years of warranty. This will help if it has any defect or needs a repair.
- Price- A standard OTG should cost you 3000; at this price will you get primary set of features with a decent capacity. You can buy an OTG for 5000-7000 rupees; this will have better quality and more user-friendly features. If you invest more than 7000 rupees you will get a high-end OTG oven with all the equipment and features.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the brands that offer quality and reliability are-Morphy Richards
* American micronic
OTG oven is specially made for grilling. So they are better at it, obviously. However, you can buy a microwave for grilling too but those are much more expensive.
OTGs, of course! If making pizza is your primary concern don’t think twice. OTG wins.
Aluminium, Carbon steel or non-stick coated utensils.
Yes. You can use glass utensils for making fatty foods. But check it its OTG compatible.
No. OTG ovens get too hot and plastic can melt inside.
Yes. OTG oven is often used for reheating. First pre-heat it at 180 degrees (for veg items heat at 150 degrees) for 10 minutes then put the food and heat it for another 5-10 minutes.
OTG ovens are handy tools for baking and toasting. Even if you already own a microwave you can still consider buying an Oven Toaster Grill- they are affordable, easy to use and cooks a lot faster. In fact, it gives the best baking results.
We have reviewed the 5 best OTG ovens from India. Each of them has different capacity, price and features. In case you are in a hurry our 1st recommendation is AGARO 25 Litre Oven Toaster Griller. it is a medium-sized OTG oven and suitable for any Indian kitchen with 4-6 family members.
Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below!