No time to hit the gym or fitness center? Investing in a treadmill will help you complete the workout goals at the comfort of your home.
Motorized treadmills offer much more than just walking, running or jogging. They help you track heart rate, calories burned, distance covered, speed, time taken and many other factors. This helps you track your fitness goals and adjust the workout intensity according to it.
Some modern motorized treadmills even provide in-built speakers and mobile connectivity – which makes the workout process even more fun.
If you are looking for a motorized treadmill for home use, then you can purchase any model. But if it is for a gym, then go for commercial models.
Apart from that, you should also consider certain factors like…
1.Motor Power – This factor represents the capacity of the treadmill. If you weigh up to 90 Kg, then
- 0 CHP and above is suitable for only walking
- 5 CHP and above is perfect for both walking and jogging
- 5 and above is recommended for walking, jogging and running
However, if your weight is above 90 Kg, then just add 0.5 CHP more to the above recommended numbers.
2. Track Belt Size – It represents foot print of the motorized treadmill. 20” (W) x 60” (L) is the standard recommended length for walkers, runners and joggers. Slight variation in these numbers can be considered. However, if there is any major difference, then we recommend to purchase that model.
3. Weight Capacity – It represents how much weight motorized treadmill can withstand. Exceeding it can add pressure on motors and reduce the lifespan of the machine. So, make sure the model you choose has at least 20 Kg more capacity than your weight.
For other detail information on how to choose a motorized treadmill, we recommend reading our BUYING GUIDE.
In this article, we have also listed best-selling motorized treadmills in India after several hours of research and analysis.
Top 8 Motorized Treadmills for Home Use 2021
|Motorized Treadmills||Motor Power||Speed/km/hr||Weight Capacity (kgs)|
|PowerMaxx Fitness Treadmill||2 HP||14||100||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Healthgenie Motorized Treadmill||2.5 HP||10||110||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Durafit Strong Treadmill||2.0 HP||14||120||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|MAXPRO Electronic Treadmill||1.5 HP||14||90||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Cockatoo CTM-05 Treadmill||2.0 HP||10||90||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Healthgenie Motorized Treadmill||2HP||14||110||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Lifelong FitPro LLTM09 Motorized Treadmill||2.5HP||10||90||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Welcare Motorized Treadmill||2 HP||14||110||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Detail Review of Best Motorized Treadmills
PowerMaxx brand has been a pioneer in providing high quality fitness and exercise equipment range in India. Their model TD-M1 has a great set of features that provides varied and challenging workout environment to boost your cardiovascular health.
- Being equipped with 2HP green efficient motor and 14km/hr capacity, it is suitable for walking, jogging and running as well.
- As it has robust electric motor, you can experience smooth and comfortable experience even at higher inclines and speed settings.
- It has 12 set of pre-defined workout programs and target based modes that let you set the distance, time and speed to reach your fitness goal.
- Maximum weight capacity is 100Kgs. It is suitable for people who weigh less than or equal to 100Kgs. Additional 25Kgs buffer is left out for safety reasons.
- Auto-lubrication feature makes the whole maintenance simple, easy and clean.
- ComfortTech 6-point damping system and 2 big springs beneath the belt provide shock absorption and reduce stress on joints by 40%. So, it is suitable for elders and people dealing with joint issues as well.
- 8mm thick and 6-ply running belt is provided which is also skid-proof and rebound resilient.
- 6″x 17.7″ spacious belt accommodates comfortable running experience.
- For smooth movement of running belt and maintain the life of bearing, steel crowned rollers are provided with dynamic balancing.
- On the hand rail, heart rate sensor is provided which tracks and displays the heart rate.
- The hydraulic soft-drop system allows you to fold the machine and store it when not in use.
It features 5.5” inches LCD display which shows you distance covered, time, calories consumed, speed, pulse rate and several other factors.
It has AUX/USB connection with in-built speakers. So, you connect your smart phone to the machine and listen to music while exercising. It has also a Smart Run function which stores your previous workout activity and plays back when you use the machine again.
Tough iron alloy is used for making the frame which makes it reliable and durable piece of gym equipment. 3 layers of paint is applied to the frame for corrosion resistance.
3-year warranty on motor and 1-year warranty on labor and other parts is provided. 90% of the machine comes installed. Remaining can be installed by watching video provided along with the product. Or else you can call the customer service for assistance.
Things We Liked:
- Quality and durability
- Can be used by adults and elders as well
- Easy maintenance
- Wheels for easy transportation
- Easy to fold and unfold
- Best in class for home use
- Health tracking features
- 3 year motor warranty and 1 year warranty
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Speakers are not up to the mark
- Poor after sales service
- A bit noisy
Transform your health for the better with the right fitness equipment by Healthgenie. The brand’s motorized treadmill has everything that a traditional treadmill has along with many mind-blowing advancements.
- It features 1 horsepower with a maximum speed rate of 10 kilometers per hour making it an ideal accessory for beginners and intermediate users.
- You can check the time of your exercise, your speed, the distance you ran, and the calories you spent on the 3-inch LCD display.
- It comes with a pulse sensor that measures your pulse rate and heartbeat for you to monitor and exercise more efficiently.
- There is a safety key that acts as double protection while working out by connecting you to the emergency stop button.
- The machine is equipped with quality speakers that you can connect to your music player for listening to music while sprinting.
- With 43 x 15 inch dimensions, the running surface provides enough room for all users of different sizes. It has a 100 kg user weight capacity.
- This portable treadmill comes with wheels so that you can move it to anywhere you like without much effort.
It comes in a 90% pre-assembled state with only 3 pairs to be screwed. You will be receiving the necessary tools and fittings to finish the installation. You can check out the official youtube channel for installation videos and get guidance.
Healthgenie strives to provide the best after-sales service. Upon request for a service, the technician will be at your doorstep within 48-72 hours.
You will be receiving a 3-year warranty on the frame and a 1-year warranty on the motor and its other body parts.
Things we liked:
- 3-year warranty on the frame & 1-year warranty on the motor
- 90% pre-installed
- Wide running space
- Portability wheels
- Safety key
- Pulse sensor
- 3-inch LCD display
Things we didn’t like:
- Prone to damages
The main goal of Durafit brand is to provide high quality motorized treadmills for home use. The mainly focus on providing products that are customized to enhance convenience and safety of regular workouts at home. Strong 001 model is one of the affordable treadmills in India.
- It has 0CHP DC motor and speed range of 0 to 14km/hr which is suitable for people who want to use the treadmill for walking and jogging.
- 3 level manual inclination is provided which means you have to adjust the inclination by yourself.
- 24 pre-set programs and target based modes are provided which enables you to customize the speed, distance and time according to your fitness goals.
- According to the manufacturer – maximum user weight is 120Kg (for walking) and 90Kg (for running). 20Kg buffer range is considered as the impact weight increases during running.
- With 1270mm x 470mm track belt, you can run or walk comfortably.
- The hydraulic system is provided at the base of the treadmill. Using it, you can easily fold and unfold without straining your arms.
- LCD computerized screen provides insights on time, speed, distance, pulse and calories.
- Heart-rate sensor provided on the hand rail provides accurate real-time reading – which helps you stay in the ideal heart-healthy zone.
- A stop key is provided near the monitor which lets you stop the machine in case of a fall or any other emergency.
Wheels are provided at the base of the treadmill which helps you move or transport the treadmill easily. Special friction coating is applied on the tread belt for maximum traction. 2 in-built speakers and Aux cable is provided to connect your smartphone.
As high-quality steel is used for the frame and hand rails, the machine is durable and will last long. High quality paint is also applied which makes it corrosion resistant. 1-year door step warranty, 3 years on motor and lifetime warranty on frame is provided by the manufacturer.
Things We Liked:
- 95% pre-installed and online installation assistance is provided for remaining
- Excellent customer service
- Heavy-duty construction
- Perfect treadmill for home use
- Feather lite portability
- Soundless and smooth
- Value for money
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Not self-lubricating
- Not suitable for long running sessions
Next product from our list is from the brand MAXPRO which is known for providing high quality motorized treadmills in India. Their model IM 5001 is built to withstand even the toughest workout sessions while also delivering the connectivity and technology required.
- It houses 1.5 HP (3HP peak) electronic motor and 14km/hr speed capacity which makes it perfect for professionals, training freaks and fitness enthusiasts.
- 3 inclination levels are provided which has to be changed manually for intense workout.
- This product can withstand weight up to 90 kgs, making it suitable for people who weigh 90Kgs or less. 20Kg buffer check is advised by the manufacturer.
- Running surface of 1360mm x 600mm is provided which ensures proper and comfortable space for walking, jogging or running.
- With stop drop hydraulic system, you can easily store, fold and unfold the treadmill without help or straining your arms.
- It comes with 12 pre-set workout programs and H1 to H3 programming which lets you customize the workout session according to your needs.
- As the tread belt is multi-layered, it offers maximum traction, smooth functionality and also reduces the impact on knees while running.
- Pulse rate sensor is provided on the hand rail which provides real-time hear rate readings.
- Has 5 inches large screen which displays readings – hand pulse, speed, inclination, distance and calories burned.
A sudden stop plug is provided below the monitor which can be used in case of a fall or emergency. Aux compatibility is provided for connecting your smart phone. So you can enjoy music or motivational entertainment while working out.
High-quality steel is used for the frame and handrail which makes this product durable. It comes with 1-year warranty on motor, parts and lifetime warranty on frame.
Note: 4Kva stabilizer is required to protect the motor from power surges.
Things We Liked:
- Economically priced
- Free installation and demo provided
- Suitable for fitness enthusiasts, athletes and runners
- Perfect motorized treadmill for weight loss
- Sturdy frame
- Easy storage and relocation
- 10-days replacement
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Customer service is not up to the mark
Cuckatoo presented by Anand Group has been providing high quality sporting range since 38 years. Among their fitness equipment range, CTM-05 motorized treadmill is perfect for home use – as it is specially designed for people who don’t have time to hit the gym daily.
- This treadmill is perfect for jogging, walking and running as it comes with 2HP motor and 10km/hr speed capacity.
- No levels of inclination are provided which has to be adjusted manually.
- It comes with 12 pre-set workout programs and changeable modes which help you plan your workout structure.
- This product is suitable for people who weigh around 70Kgs or less. Because it comes with weight capacity of 90Kgs. And the remaining 20Kgs is considered for buffer.
- The tread belt of this product measures 1100mm x 390mm which is comfortable enough for jogging and running.
- It is very easy to store this product as it is foldable and movable (because of the wheels present below the tread belt).
- 8 shock-reducing springs are provided beside the tread belt which ensures less impact on the knees. This feature is helpful especially when you are running for long hours.
5-inch LED display panel is provided which displays calories burnt, time, speed, distance and other features. The frame of this product is made from welded steel which provides unmatched stability for users. Manufacturer provides 3-year warranty on motor, 1 year on parts and lifetime warranty on the frame.
Things We Liked:
- Powerful yet noiseless motor
- Easy installation
- Perfect motorized treadmill for home use
- Prompt delivery
- Great value for money
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Customer service is not up to the mark
- Manual lubrication
Healthgenie has been providing health and wellness products across India since 55 years. Among their product range, 4112M model comes as a combo – which includes massager, sit-ups, dumbbells, resistant tubes, sit-ups and tummy twister along with the treadmill.
- This product has 2 HP DC motor (4.0 peak) and speed capacity of 14km/hr which makes it suitable pros and fitness enthusiasts.
- It features 2 incline positions which has to be changed manually.
- Maximum user capacity of this product is 110Kgs. So, if you leave 20Kgs for the buffer, it is suitable for people weighing around 90Kgs or less.
- Running surface dimensions are 1235mm x 420mm which is comfortable for walking and jogging.
- This product can be folded vertically and stored easily in a corner of your home.
- High quality material is used for tread belt with shock reducing function. So, it will not create pressure on your joints even if you use the machine for longer periods.
- 12 pre-set programs are provided with the product which makes it easy to customize your exercise session.
- LCD display provides insights on time, distance covered, calories burnt, heart rate and other factors.
- Hand pulse sensors are present on the handrail which provides real-time heart rate readings.
It comes with in-built speakers and AUX connection. So, you can connect your mobile or tablet to the machine and enjoy your favorite music while working out.
Sturdy steel material is used for the frame which makes this product long lasting and tough. Manufacturer provides 3-year warranty on frame and 1-year warranty on parts and motor.
Things We Liked:
- Complete fitness equipment package
- Affordably priced
- Easy to fold and store
- Comes 95% installed and assistance is provided for the rest
- Perfect motorized treadmill for residential purpose
- Good quality and durability
- More stability
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Manual inclination
- Has to be lubricated regularly
Lifelong has been providing consumer oriented home, kitchen, fitness and lifestyle appliances across India. Their products are specially designed to meet the needs of modern consumer. LLTM09 model from Lifelong is perfect treadmill for home use.
- It comes with 2.5HP and 10km/hr which is enough for most of the beginners.
- 12 pre-set workout sessions are programmed into this treadmill which help you reach your fitness goals like weight loss or endurance training.
- It can withstand up to 90Kgs of weight. But as 20Kgs is recommended for buffer, it is suitable for people who weigh 70Kgs or less.
- With 395mm x 1100mm tread belt, it provides enough space to walk or jog comfortably.
- It can be vertically folded at 90 degrees which makes it easy to store as well.
- 8 shock absorbing rubber pads are provided under the deck which ensures protects to joints against sudden movements.
Wheels are provided under the tread belt for easy movement or transport of the treadmill. Along with the purchase of this motorized treadmill, you will be provided with 24/7 AI coach and 1-month free subscription to HealthifyMe smart plan.
This treadmill is also equipped with in-built speakers which lets you listen to music while working out. Manufacturer provides 3-year warranty on motor and 1-year warranty on parts and manufacturing defects.
Note: 1000 VA stabilizer is recommended to protect the motor from any surges.
Things We Liked:
- Affordable and value for money
- Free installation service
- Good quality for the price
- Safety key is provided to stop the machine immediately
- Compact and space saving
Things We Didn’t Like:
- No inclination
- No-auto lubrication
Welcare ensures that you get stronger every day by providing the finest fitness equipment. Its Maxpro treadmill has many features that would make your exercising routine something you enjoy the most in your day.
- The machine features 4 horsepower and has a maximum speed rate of 14 kilometers per hour best suited for all beginners, intermediate users, and advanced users.
- For a more varied and effective workout, the machine has a 15 levels automatic inclination.
- It features a cushion system with built-in shock absorption to ease the stress on your joints and increases the length of your workout.
- On hand rest, it features a pulse sensor that reads the hand pulse and monitors your heart rate throughout your workout.
- It comes with an LCD display that shows your speed, distance you ran, calories you burnt, workout time, inclination level, and pulse reading.
- With 1125x440 mm dimensions, it possesses a bigger running area for a comfortable workout routine. It has a maximum weight capacity of 110 kg.
- An efficient hydraulic folding system that ensures safe folding and unfolding mechanism.
- A device holder is equipped to the machine so that you can place your phone, water bottle, or other accessories.
You will be receiving a 90% pre-installed treadmill. For further installation, Welcare customer service will provide guidance through a video call.
It comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame and one year warranty on the motor and other body parts.
Things we liked:
- Lifetime warranty on frame
- Shock absorption
- Digital monitor
- 15 level auto inclination
- High speed
Things we didn’t like:
- An expensive equipment
How to Choose a Motorized Treadmill?
Right Treadmill is like a trusted partner for your fitness and weight loss goals. However, choosing a single product from hundreds of options is a not easy task. So, we have provided a detail information on how to choose a treadmill – which will help you take the right decision.
Before analyzing the products, it is important to understand your requirements. For that, you should consider two main points…
Who is Going to Use the Treadmill?
Not all treadmills are designed in the same way. So, some of these machine may be suitable, while other may not be suitable to your requirements. Below are the three consideration to check…
- Age – Due to age, our joints become weak and cannot handle extra pressure. So, you have to choose a treadmill that comes with shock absorption and other safety features.
- Weight – Every treadmill has weight holding capacity which is determined by the motor and frame strength. If a heavy weight person uses a treadmill with less motor power, then the machine gets damaged quickly.
- Multi-users – If the treadmill will be used by all your family members, then it should have the capacity to handle different loads and work for longer duration. If you are purchasing the machine for gym, then go for commercial or semi-commercial gym.
What is the Purpose – to Walk, Run, or Jog?
Some advanced treadmills can double up for running and cross-train. However, if your preference is to just walk or run, then you get one at affordable price range as well. If you are a beginner, then you have to follow understand safety instructions to run safely on a treadmill.
If you run a lot than walk on the treadmill, then choose a product that has larger belts and more horsepower to ensure it doesn’t falter out. Also make sure to choose a 3.0 CHP monitor for better support. When it comes to power the thumb rule is – the higher it is, the less maintenance is required.
Now that you have understood your requirements clearly, let’s dive into factors to consider while purchasing a motorized treadmill.
1. Belt Width and Length
For short walkers, this factors may not be necessary. However, if you want to use the treadmill for running, then it is the first thing to consider. Most of the motorized treadmills in India come with track length ranging from 55 inches to 60 inches. However, some commercial ones can have up to 63 inches long track.
When it comes to the width of the track, 20 inches is the standard size. But few models have width of 22 inches or more. Treadmills will wide track belt is suitable for athletes and runners.
Check out the table below for more clear instructions…
|Length (inches)||Width (inches)||Suitable for|
|20||55||Walking, light jogging|
|20||60||Walking, running and jogging|
|22||60||Runner and walkers using high inclines|
When it comes to placing the treadmill, you should consider the empty space required around the treadmill as well for access and safety.
A motor in treadmill is responsible for moving the belt. Usually, motor power is represented either in Horsepower or Continues Horsepower. CHP indicates how much power a motor can provide continuously versus at its peak. Most of the treadmills in India has motor power between 2.25 and 4.35 CHP. Few treadmills come with 1.5 and 5.0 CHP capacity motors.
Based on your weight and exercise type, you should calculate the motor power. For example, if you weight is up to 90Kgs, then…
|Exercise Type||Suitable Motor Power|
|Walking||2.0 CHP or more|
|Jogging||2.5 CHP or more|
|Running||3.0 CHP or more|
But if your weight is more than 90Kgs, then you have to add 0.5 CHP to above mentioned numbers. Motor that run at full capacity will wear out more quickly than one which has spare power. So, it is better to go for a model with more horsepower.
3. Track Speed
Most of the motorized treadmills in India come with track speed of 16 to 20 kilometers per hour. This range should be enough for runners and athletes as well. However, if you are training for 5-minute per kilometer level, then choose a treadmill with higher speed ratings.
Beginners should start with lower settings initially and slowly increase the speed based on their capability. Below, we have provided information on speed requirements based on exercise activity.
|Speed (kilometer per hour)||Suitable for|
|Up to 6 KPH||Weight loss, brisk walking and other modern exercise activities|
|Up to 9 KPH||Jogging, brisk walking, fat burning|
|Up to 11 KPH||Aerobic exercise territory|
|Up to 14 KPH or more||Anaerobic|
4. Weight Capacity
Weight capacity represents how much a motorized treadmill can withstand. Exceeding the recommended weight limit adds unnecessary pressure on the track belt and strain or heat up the motor – which damage the machine. So, make sure the model you choose has at least 20Kgs more capacity than your weight. If your weight is more than 180Kgs, then we recommend to purchase only high-end models.
5. Height Capacity
Most of the treadmills in India have the height capacity up to 6’4”. People who are 6’ tall or less can use any treadmill of their choice. But people who are taller than 6’ should go for models with at least 60” long track belt. If track belt is shorter, then it can be difficult and uncomfortable to walk or run.
6. Track Cushioning
Cushioning is a very important aspect because it protects the knees from the impacts of running or jogging. Cushioned treadmill belt will reduce the impact by 15 to 40% when compared to running or jogging on the roads. Apart from reducing injuries, it also improves stamina as well. Some high-end models provide adjustable cushioning. So, you can choose the support level as per your requirement.
Treadmills with inclination feature is the best way to achieve your fitness goals. This feature reduces the stress on joints and concentrates more on certain muscle groups to reduce the fat. Most of the motorized treadmills in India come with 10, 15 or 20% inclination feature. Some treadmills also come with decline option as well.
Some provide manual adjustment while others come with auto-incline option. Some models can detect the user’s speed and adjust the incline according to it. But you can also still adjust the inclination according to your fitness requirements as well.
8. Track Belt Durability
Durability of a motorized treadmill depends on thickness and roller mechanism. When it comes to thickness, 2 and 3-ply track is much durable than 1-ply. Big rollers are more durable and increase the belt life as they don’t strain the motors.
9. Lubrication – Semi or Auto
Lubrication is an important aspect as it ensures lowered friction and smooth operation of the belt. You have to lubricate the machine regularly to make sure it works properly. However, if you are not sure, then go for auto-lubrication models.
10. Health Tracking
Now-a-days, most of the motorized treadmills in India are coming with advanced health tracking features. Some of them include body fat, heart rate, speed, time, calories burned and time. By tracking these features, you can maintain your health or adjust the exercise regimen according to your fitness goals.
9. Storage Options
Treadmill is a bulky piece of fitness equipment. Storing them is not a simple task. Most of the motorized treadmills come with foldable option which makes it easy to store them while not in use. You should also consider weight, if you have to move it from one place to another for storage purpose. Some treadmills come with hydraulic locking mechanisms which is the easiest option to fold and store the machine.
10. App Connectivity
Some modern motorized treadmills are providing App connectivity which enables the user to save the health tracking data to their phone. This helps them track their routine and make any necessary changes to fit their health goals.
11. Safety Features
Safety is one of the key factors to check in a treadmill or any fitness equipment. The model you choose should have a safety key – when removed, it will halt the machine completely. This key is necessary in situations where you cannot use the control panel to stop the belt. Apart from that durability of the treadmill is also an important aspect in terms of safety. A durable treadmill will be safer to operate and use.
When it comes to safety equipment, brand plays an important role. Popular and trusted brands provide more durable products than low-quality brands. PowerMaxx, Reebok, Cosco, Healthgenie, Robotouch, Afton, Fitkit and Aerofit are some of the well-known motorized treadmill manufacturers in India.
Price range of treadmills in India range from Rs.30000 to Rs.40000. Few treadmills are available at a lower cost range as well like Rs.20000 but they are less in terms of quality. As purchasing a treadmill is not a small investment, it is better to go for quality ones even if they are slightly over your budget.
Quality and durability of a motorized treadmill can be determined through the warranty provided by its manufacturer. A good long term warranty showcases the manufacturer’s trust on the product. Some manufacturers provide 1 year while other provide lifetime guarantee. The warranty can vary on different parts of the machine. So read the warranty instructions provided carefully before making the purchase.
How Does a Motorized Treadmill Work?
When you turn on the machine, the electric motors will set the belt in motion without any assistance. As the belt propels forward by itself, user can run or walk freely without worrying about the stability.
Unlike manual treadmills, you can set and adjust the belt speed according to your need or capability. As motorized treadmills don’t depend on the user’s power, they are softer, forgiving and comfortable. This makes them perfect for people with joint and ligament issues.
Advantages of Motorized Treadmill
Also known as electric treadmills, these are the modern, popular and expensive piece of fitness equipment. With our busy lives, having a treadmill at home helps you reach daily fitness goals and maintain proper help. Apart from that, there are several advantages of having a treadmill at home. We have mentioned some of them below…
- Track Your Progress – Motorized treadmills come with digital monitors which lets to track different fitness statistics like calories burnt, kilometers jogged or walked, heart rate, time spend on the machine and several others. Tracking progress will let you reach the target goals as per your fitness schedule. Some modern treadmills also come with features like multiple users and different programs for each user.
- No Straining – Unlike manual treadmills, electric treadmills are equipped with motors which set the belt in motion. As the user doesn’t have to force the belt to move, it will not add strain to legs and knees.
- Running and Walking – Motorized treadmill models come in different motor power capacities and belt length. So, it can accommodate runners, joggers and walkers as well. Compared to manual treadmills, these are more stable because the motors add more weight to the belt.
- Workout Features – Even at lower price range, electric treadmills are equipped with several features. They help you reach your training goals and improve your performance for any special goals like marathons.
- Long Training Sessions – Manual treadmills cannot accommodate for long duration workouts. But motorized ones are designed and developed to handle long endurance sessions.
- Speed and Incline Adjustment – You can adjust the speed and inclination of the treadmills while you are still working on it. Apart from that, you can also use decline feature for downhill movement.
- Comfortable – As motorized treadmills have additional cushioning and shock absorption; the strides will not impact much on your joints. This the reason, they are suitable for people with knee, hip, back, ankle and leg issues.
- Constant Pace – As the speed, incline, and distance and pre-programmed into the machine, you can walk or run continuously without thinking much about it.
Disadvantages of Motorized Treadmill
Just like any other piece of equipment, motorized treadmills also come with few disadvantages. We have mentioned them below for your information.
- Electricity – As they require continuous supply of electricity to run, you have to place them near a power outlet. If you are using a commercial treadmill, then power consumption can be higher.
- Safety – In some cases, motorized treadmill is considered as a safety hazard. If you get distracted or stumble, then you can fall and get propelled back. It is recommended to wear a safety cord to turn off the treadmill in case of a fall.
- Price – when compared to manual ones, motorized treadmills for home use are a bit expensive. Models that comes in lower price range have underpowered motors, come with less options and are less durable.
- Bulky and Heavy – Because of the motors and other parts, they are large in size, heavy and sturdier as well. So, space can be an issue, especially if you are living in a small house. And moreover, they are difficult to transport from one room to another.
Is treadmill really necessary to work out?
Due to our busy schedule, it is often difficult to find time to visit the gym. But without proper fitness routine, we cannot maintain our health (both mind and body). But having a treadmill at home will help you complete the goals and stay healthy.
Motorized treadmills are the perfect way to complete daily workout goals for people who have time to hit the gym. With so many options available in the market, it difficult to choose one product without proper knowledge. That is why we have provided buying guide which has all the information that helps you analyze the product’s credibility.
As per our choice, the best motorized treadmill in India is PowerMaxx TD-M1 which has all the features that help you walk, jog or run comfortably. It can be used by any one like beginners, professionals, runners, athletes and fitness freaks.
It has excellent features like auto-inclination, auto-lubrication, in-built MP3 speakers, 2.5HP motor capacity and several others. 3-year warranty is also provided by the manufacturer which provides insights on the product’s durability.
Which motorized treadmill did you opt for? Still have any questions? Write to us in the comment section below. We are happy to answer them as soon as possible.