If you are looking for an affordable solution to complete your workout regimen at home, then manual treadmills are the right choice.
From casual walkers to fitness enthusiasts, manual treadmills can be used by anyone. They have a very simple working principle – the running belt of this machine moves when you start walking and halts when you stop walking.
As they don’t have any motors – so you don’t have to worry about power bills.
However, choosing a manual treadmill isn’t that simple. To make the right choice, we recommend considering the below factors…
Based on the shape of running belt, manual treadmills are divided into two categories.
- Flat – It has flat running surface which makes it suitable for causal walkers and joggers.
- Curved – As the name implies, it has curved running surface. It is suitable for only intense running workout.
2. Track Size
It is better to choose a treadmill that comes with dimensions of at least 40 (L) and 13 (W) for comfortable walking or running. Also the belt should be thick enough to reduce the pressure on knees.
3. Weight Capacity
Most of the treadmills in India come with weight limit capacity of 100 Kg to 200 Kg. Excess weight can damage the rolling capacity of the belt. So, make sure to purchase a model that can hold at least 10 Kg more than your weight.
There are several other factors to consider as well like storage, resistance, inclination and handle length. Clear explanation of these factors is mentioned in our “BUYING GUIDE”.
List of Best Selling Manual Treadmills is also provided below to help you. These models are picked up after several hours of research and testing.
Best Manual Treadmill in 2021
|Manual Treadmill||Inclination||Weight Capacity||Buy Now|
|PowerMax Manual Treadmill||3 level||120 kg||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Sparnod Fitness Fitness Treadmill||3 level||120 kg||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Kamachi Manual Treadmill||3 level||100 kg||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Cosco CTM 510 Multifunctional Treadmill||3 level||100 kg||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Monex Mannual Treadmill||3 level||100 kg||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Top Manual Treadmill: Reviews
1. PowerMax Fitness Manual Treadmill
PowerMax fitness is your one-stop destination to answer all your fitness requirements. From exercise bikes to ergonomically designed dumbbells there are several products that would totally change your workout regime for the better.
- The Manual Treadmill from PowerMax Fitness features four target-based modes and three levels of manual incline to vary your workout every time, to challenge yourself, and to raise your cardiovascular performance.
- It comes with a Heart Rate Sensor on the handrail that lets you monitor your heartbeat throughout your workout as long as you put your palm on the handle grip.
- The treadmill comes with an LCD display that shows the time of your workout, the distance you ran, the speed you maintain, the calories you spent, the inclination level you are at, and your pulse reading.
- This manual treadmill has a large running deck of 45.6 x 13.1 inches size and has a maximum weight capacity of 120 kg.
- The 1.8 mm thick bubble etched multilayer belt is completely skid-proof and efficiently reduces shock.
- This is a 4-in-1 multifunction treadmill that you can use not only for running and jogging but also to strengthen your muscles with push-up, stepper, and twister functionalities.
- You can unfold the treadmill by unlocking the manual lock and lowering the treadmill to save yourself ample space.
The machine comes with crowned rollers that maintain the belt in the center by dynamic balancing for a very long period. They ensure longer life of the bearings and the belt along with a smooth movement while running.
The frame of this treadmill is made of a tough iron alloy that is very strong and does not wear out anytime soon. It is given 3 layers of quality painting to preserve it from corrosion which results in its long life. You will be receiving a lifetime warranty on the frame.
Things We Liked:
- Five window LCD display
- Heart rate sensor
- Large running deck
- 120 kg weight capacity
- Anti-skid and shockproof belt
- 4-in-1 multifunction
- Lifetime frame warranty
- Free installation
- Stops abruptly leading to injuries
- After-sales need to be better
2. Sparnod Fitness Manual Treadmill
Sparnord supplies the most efficient fitness equipment for the ultimate burnout sessions. This stylish yet sophisticated manual treadmill from the brand can be a perfect addition to your home gym.
- Has a 3-level inclination to simulate walking and uphill running for extensive burning of calories.
- This lightweight treadmill comes in a compact size with a running surface of 43 x 15 inches. It has a maximum weight capacity of 120 kg.
- The non-slip running surface is very sturdy and durable that can smoothly let you power walk or jog on it.
- The LCD monitor lets you track time, speed, burnt calories, and total steps. It also displays your pulse rate by calculating with the sensor on the handrail.
- Not just cardio, you can improve your upper body strength with its neatly designed push-up bar.
- It comes with wheels for easy and convenient mobility across your room.
- Due to its non-electric function, it is an ideal choice for power saving. As it does not require a power outlet by its side, it can be placed anywhere you desire.
- Convenient folding design lets you store it away without any hassle when it is not being used.
Installation of this treadmill is very easy and you can do it yourself. However, Sparnord Fitness is offering free video call assistance for which you can contact through the provided details.
Things We Liked:
- 1-year warranty
- Digital meter
- Hand pulse
- Anti-skid foot side rail
- Push up bar
- Incline level adjustable
- Wheels for transport
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Prone to injuries due to lack of control on the speed
3. Kamachi Manual Treadmill
Kamachi is a local Indian brand providing good quality fitness equipment at affordable costs. Their 101 model is perfect for people who are looking for a manual treadmill under Rs. 10,000.
- It has running surface of 14 inches (W) x 41 inches (L) which is large enough for comfortable walking or jogging.
- With weight holding capacity of 100Kgs, it can be used by people who weight below or equal to 90KGs. 10Kgs buffer is considered because pressure weight while jogging will be more.
- The running belt is inclined to certain position which is beneficial for burning more calories in short amount of time.
- Single display screen provides insights on distance covered, time and speed. And a button is also placed under the display which is useful for changing the modes.
- High quality and heavy duty steel is used for the frame to provide stability.
- Front and sides of the rails are equipped with padded foam construction which prevents pressure on knees and provides comfortable experience.
This product can be folded when not in use. A safety lock feature is provided which holds the machine in folded position. It also prevents the machine from falling when it stored in upright position.
Things We Liked:
- Economically priced
- Foldable and easy to store
- Entry level product for beginners
- Sturdy and durable
- Easy to assemble
Things We Didn’t Like
- Running belt cannot be flattened. Only comes in inclination
4. Cosco CTM 510 Multifunctional Treadmill
Cosco has a strong reputation of providing high quality sports goods in India since. Among their treadmill models, 4 in 1 multifunctional CTM treadmill is perfect for people looking for complete workout solution for at home gym.
- It has 47 inch (long) and 15 inch (wide) running surface which is comfortable enough for walking, jogging and running.
- As it has 3 inclination levels, this product makes the whole workout process more interesting and challenging. These inclination levels can be adjusted according to your convenience.
- Its maximum weight capacity is 100Kgs. So, if you remove buffer weight of 10Kgs, it is suitable for people who weigh less than 90Kgs
- Stepper functionality helps to improve muscle tones and burn more calories.
- Push bar is also provided which tones your arm muscles.
- Stepper jogger functionality helps in improving stamina.
- At higher resistance levels, you can use the help of handle and belt for more stability.
Due to foldable feature, you can store this product easily. Wheels present below the tread belt help to move the machine easily from one place to another. As this machine comes in 4 functionalities, it worthy to purchase.
Things We Liked:
- Wide running surface
- Easy to assemble
- Less noisy
- Heavy duty frame
- Value for money
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Nothing much
5. Monex 4 in 1 Manual Jogger Treadmill
Monex jogger treadmill increases your workout intensity with calculated features and better results. This compact treadmill measures 152.4 x 45.7 x 121.9 cm and is foldable which makes it an ideal choice for a space-saving home gym.
- It features 4-in-1 functionality that includes a running platform, stepper, twister, and push-up bars. So that you can improve your whole-body strength.
- It has a running surface with a uniquely innovative design and 13 X 46-inch measurements that provide longer and wider jogging space.
- The belt is made of multi-ply polyester satin weave that lets you run smoothly with a PVC non-slip surface of 1.8mm thickness.
- The machine is given steel crowned rollers to keep the belt centered and run smoothly without any noise and wear.
- The treadmill comes with a sophisticated LCD display that shows the time, speed, distance, calories, pulse, and heart rate.
- Its frame is made of heavy-duty and stable steel supported by side handlebars.
- This user-friendly treadmill is a great space saver as it can be folded to a convenient size.
- It has a maximum weight capacity of 130 kg.
You will be receiving a 90% installed treadmill and the rest is very easy to assemble which you can do yourself.
Things We Liked:
- 4-in-1 manual treadmill
- Heavy-duty and stable steel frame
- Foldable and easy to store
- Easy to assemble
- LCD screen display
- Longer and wider jogging surface
Things We Didn’t like:
- Does not come with a warranty
How to Choose a Manual Treadmill?
With so many options in the market, it is often difficult to select one particular product that suits your requirements. However, with the information provided below, you can choose the right one easily.
1.Types of Manual Treadmill
Based on their working principles, manual treadmills are divided into two different categories – flat and curved. Let’s discuss them in detail below…
- Flat Manual Treadmill – As the name suggests, this machine has flat running space. The track belt activates when you walk and deactivates when you stop walking. When you walk on flat surface, most of the pressure you step/walk is placed on the heel of your feet. It is suitable for people who want to complete their daily walking or jogging goals, but not intense workouts.
- Curved Manual Treadmill – They have a curved running space which lets you run in the natural style (on the balls of the feet). When you start running, each step will push your body forward in order to create momentum for tread belt. It is mostly suitable jogging and running.
2. Track Size
Also referred as track belt, this factor is the most important key component while purchasing a manual treadmill. When looking at running space specifications, you should consider the below three elements.
- Length – Usually, length of treadmill belt ranges from 40 inches to 60 inches. Short length tread belt works for people with short strides. For longer strides, it is better to choose treadmill with long tread belt.
- Width – It ranges from 13 inches to 20 inches. People with heavy weight or body should prefer wide track belts. For people with thin body structure can go for narrow tread decks so that they can be closer to the handrails.
- Thickness – If the belt is not thick then it can cause more pressure on the knees, leading to joint pain issues. Thick track belts absorb the shock to prevent any pressure on the joints.
Note: Track size has direct impact on the whole treadmill size. So, you should also consider the space and area it consumes. If you have less space to accommodate, then you may have to go with smaller manual treadmill.
3. Weight Capacity
When compared to motorized treadmills, manual treadmills have lesser weight holding capacity. Weight capacity of these machines usually range from 80Kgs to 200Kgs. Choose the one with according to your weight specifications.
Some advanced, high-end manual treadmill models provide magnetic resistance feature. This will let you customize the difficulty levels according to your workout requirements. Apart from that, it also provides smooth ride. Some models provide resistance levels up to 16 – this option is usually found only in expensive models.
Walking or jogging on an inclination takes more strength. So, you will reduce more weight in less amount of time. Manual treadmills also offer several degrees of inclination adjustability. This means that you can adjust the steepness of the belt according to your requirements. Few cheap manual treadmills have only one inclination level. In these models, though you cannot adjust the inclination, you can still walk on the steep incline.
6. Handle Length
Usually, holding the handle is considered safe while using a manual treadmill. So, it is better to go for models that come with longer handles – as it provides more comfortable and smooth experience.
7. Tracking Features
Some manual treadmills come with digital console that provides insights on time, distance, calories burned and other information. This feature is helpful in keeping the user motivated and track their fitness goals.
Most of the manual treadmills are compact in size, when compared to their counter electronic ones. Some of them are foldable, light in weight and easily transportable. Few of them even fold up to height of 9 inches, which can easily store under the bed.
Though manual treadmills are less expensive compared to motorized ones, they are still a huge investment. Checking the brand, their reputation and customer service lets you decide whether its worthy to invest or not.
From low-end to high-end, manual treadmills are available for every budget type. If budget is not a problem, then you can go for high-end ones as they have more features and last long. However, if you have a budget constraint, you can go for low-end ones. But make sure you don’t compromise on the quality.
How Does Manual Treadmill Work?
Unlike motorized treadmills, manual treadmills don’t have motors to move the belt. The moving action of the belt relies on the foot movement of a person. The belt will move when you start walking on it and stop when you stop walking. The speed of the belt is determined by how fast you can move your legs. As there are no electric parts, maintenance of manual treadmills is very less.
Advantages of Manual Treadmills
Investing in a manual treadmill has benefits. We have mentioned some of them below for your convenience.
Because of their inherently simple design, absence of motor and less complicated parts, manual treadmills are reasonably priced. However, few high-end models may be a little pricey but when compared to motorized ones, manual treadmills still low priced.
2. Small Footprint
Fitness equipment tend to be bulky and take more space. Some people may have the luxury to dedicate a room or garage to place their fitness equipment. But not everyone is blessed with this option. As manual treadmills don’t have hefty motors and bulky frames, you don’t need much space to place or store them. Some of these machines are foldable and easy to maneuver. Some models can easily be stored under bed (if folded).
3. No Power Requirement
Manual treadmills don’t have motor – so they don’t require electricity to work. So, purchasing a manual treadmill is a single time investment. Due to the fact that it doesn’t require power, you can place it anywhere you want.
4. Efficient Workout
As already described in the article, manual treadmills don’t have motor. When you move, the tread belt will along with it. So, basically you are the motor. As you keep more pressure to walk on the tread belt, you will burn more calories.
Disadvantages of Manual Treadmills
For some people, these machines are excellent. However, for some they may not be suitable. Below are some of the negatives of using manual treadmill.
1. Not suitable for Running/Jogging
Most of the manual treadmills are only capable of walking and brisk walking. Some high-end models may support running but not as good as motorized ones. And moreover, these high-end models can be expensive.
2. Fewer features
Manual treadmills lack certain features like convenient controls, auto-lubrication, and others. And moreover, you will not get them in fancy colors and pre-set built-in programs. If you want to just walk, then manual treadmill is ok. But if are expecting to do intense workout programs, then it is not suitable.
3. Tough on knees
If you have joint issues, then you may experience pain while using a manual treadmill. Because you have to put more pressure to start the belt moving. So, it is better to avoid a manual treadmill if you are dealing with any joint or leg pain issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Because manual treadmills are the most efficient way to complete daily workout goals. As they depend on your walk to move the belt, you will apply more pressure – which results in burning more calories. When it comes to price, motorized treadmills are more expensive and require regular maintenance. With a manual treadmill, you can walk, lunge, brisk walk, side skip without worrying about falling.
Actually, manual treadmills are not suitable for running. Because they can reach a maximum of 3.5 to 4.0 miles per hour – which isn’t fast enough to run.
Actually, using treadmill in excess can lead to damage in knee and hip joints in the longer run. Because continuous high pressure and strain on knees can affect the ligaments and cartilage. So, it is recommended to limit the usage time daily to maintain proper knee health.
According to several manufacturers, manual treadmills last around 10 to 12 years on an average. But this time range can change depending the usage, care, and maintenance. If proper care is neglected, then even high-end ones will not last long.
Some treadmills actually cost less than Rs.10000 – they are great for people who are on budget. Some of them are far cheap – it is better to avoid them as their quality is not up the mark and they don’t last long. Some high-end manual treadmills can be costly but they are suitable for commercial use.
Manual treadmills are inexpensive way of completing daily fitness goals at home. Apart from price, they offer several other benefits as well like – less storage space, no power bills, and several others.
As there are several models to choose from, it is difficult to analyze which one to purchase. Our BUYING GUIDE helps you with the same. It has all the information on how to choose a manual treadmill.
Apart from that, our research team has also analyzed and picked up the popular manual treadmills in India. Among them, Powermax manual treadmill is our first priority. It has amazing features and priced affordably as well.
Which manual treadmill did you choose? Still have any doubts…? Write to us in the comment section below. We will answer them as soon as possible.