For users who are looking for an energy-efficient machine, a front-load washing machine is the best choice for them. The water consumption by these models is about 40% lesser than the top-load washing machines.
Even though they are a bit expensive, the front-load washing machines not only offer better cleaning performance but are gentle on the clothes too. Apart from this, these models go easy on the electricity bills as well, making your investment totally worth it.
While buying the best front-load washing machine for your home, here are a few factors that you must look for.
You must select the capacity depending on the number of clothes that you plan to wash in a cycle. The front-load washing machines are available in different size capacities ranging from 5-16 Kg.
- Up to 6.5 kg capacity – suitable for 1 or 2 members
- 5 to 8 kg capacity – suitable for 3 to 5 members
- 8 kg and more – for larger families (5+ members)
You can select the capacity as per your requirement.
Spin speed is the rotation speed of the drum during the spin wash cycle and is calculated in RPM (rotations per minute). Faster the spin speed is more water will get squeezed out of the wet clothes. 1000 RPM is considered as an ideal spin speed.
Add clothes mid-wash, child lock, delay start timer, and in-built heater are some other important features that you should consider before buying the best front-load washing machine. To read more about these factors, you can check the buying guide at the end of the article.
To help you buy the best front-load washing machine according to your needs and requirements, we have shortlisted some of the best options available in the market. Let’s have a look!
6 Best Front Load Washing Machines in India 2020
|Best Front Load Washing Machines||Weight Limit||Motor Speed||Warranty||Buy Now|
|Bosch Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine||7 kg||1200 RPM||2 years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Samsung Front Loading Washing Machine||8 kg||1200 RPM||2 years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|LG Front Loading Washing Machine||7 kg||1200 RPM||2 years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|IFB Serena Front Loading Washing Machine||7 kg||1000 RPM||4 years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Haier Fully Automatic Loading Washing Machine||7 kg||1200 RPM||2 years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Onida Fully Automatic Washing Machine||7 kg||1200 RPM||2 years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Top 6 – Front Load Washing Machines in India 2020: Reviews
Bosch is No.1 brand in Europe and has been a popular one in India as well. Most of their products come under premium range. Thankfully, this model WAK2416IN comes within reasonable price range.
- It has 7kg capacity making it suitable for families with 3 to 4 members.
- 15 wash programs are provided with this device that include monsoon, sari, kids wear, allergy plus, jeans, sportswear, cottons, daily wash, synthetics, wool, drum clean, rinse, silk and others.
- This washing machine comes with 1200 RPM spin speed which will dry the washed clothes pretty quickly.
The AllergyPlus program will wash the clothes at 60 degrees Celsius to remove any detergent residue, irritants, pollutants and dirt. This option is suitable for people who are prone to skin, respiratory and other kind of allergies. For water to heat at 60 degrees Celsius, an in-built water heater.
With ExpressWash feature, you will get fresh and clean laundry within 60 minutes of time without compromising on wash results. If you want to open the washing machine in the middle of wash cycle for adding or removing any clothes.
In situations where you want to quickly wash and freshen up some heavily soiled, the super 15/30-minute program is very helpful. The walls of the washing machine are equipped with anti-vibration feature which provides a quieter wash every single time.
This washing machine is equipped with friction-free Eco-silence drive motor which produces powerful results without overheating or wearing out. Other amazing features are read-load function, vario drum, door lock, shock proof, child lock and others.
Despite its lower price tag, you get a great build quality in it as it is made by Bosch. You also get a standard 2-year long warranty with it along with a 10-year warranty on the electric motor. On the purchase of this washing machine, the manufacturer will provide free installation within 36 hours.
Things We Liked:
- Affordable pricing
- Decent performance
- 7kg weight capacity
- 1200 RPM spin speed
- Easy access and controls
- German engineering
- Reload function
- Less noise levels
- Less water intake
- 10-day replacement
- 2-year warranty
Things We Didn’t Like:
- The machine will be shaky while working
- A bit bulkier
Since many years, Samsung brand has been very popular for their high quality product range. Among their product range, WW80J4243MW/TL has taken a place in our list for its amazing features.
- This model has 8Kg capacity which is enough for a medium to large families with 5 to 6 members.
- The 1200 RPM spin speed will provide dry clothes much faster and in less amount of time.
- It comes with 15 wash programs that include baby care, outdoor care, dark garment, and others.
This model is equipped with digital inverter technology which uses strong magnets. It lets the machine deliver powerful performance. Apart from that, it is long lasting and doesn’t produce much noise. As it has 5-star energy rating, it consumes less power which means less electricity bills and less harmful emissions.
It comes with a diamond drum with a soft curl design and smooth diamond shaped ridges which will be gentle on the clothes while washing. The small water exit holes protect fabric by preventing clothes from getting tangled or trapped.
It contains bubble soak technology and eco bubble technology which provide efficient wash cycle every time. If you are busy person, then quick wash program is the right solution as it will clean up even heavily washing clothes in less amount of time.
The child lock feature will lock the buttons so that your kids don’t use them accidently. The delay end option will help you stop the cycle and start again whenever you want. The LED panel provides clear insights on the time duration of wash cycle and others. It comes with a 2-year warranty on the product and 10-year warranty on the motor.
Things We liked:
- Looks pretty good
- Value for money
- 8kg weight capacity
- Efficient washing
- Less noise level
- Bubble soak and eco bubble technology
- Quick wash
- Child lock
- Diamond drum with soft curl design
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Time taken for wash cycle is long
- Display could have been bigger
LG is a well-known brand that developes a wide range of high quality home appliances that include washing machines as well. FH2G6HDNL42 model is one of the LG’s their new range of steam washing machines.
- It has 7Kg weight holding capacity which is enough for family with 3 to 4 members.
- With 1200 RPM, there will be less spin time and you will get dry clothes much earlier.
- It comes with more than 10 wash programs which help you wash the load according to your requirements.
This model is equipped with 6 motion direct drive technology which moves the drum in several directions. This will provide the clothes with proper care while cleaning them properly. In this model, the motor is directly attached to the drum which will reduce the noise and vibration while working.
In-built heater will warm up the water up to 60 degrees Celsius which will remove even toughest stains on the clothes. The auto restart will be beneficial for people who live in areas with more power cuts. This will stop the wash cycle when the power is not there and re-start again when the power is back.
A germ-free wash cycle is present which will wash the clothes with water at 40 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes to remove any detergent residue, bacteria, dirt and others. This feature is beneficial for people who have to wash baby’s clothes.
If there is any problem with washing machine, you can find about it using the SmartThinQ app. It is capable of diagnosing up to 86 errors. The touch panel is waterproof, so you don’t have to wash the hands before operating it. The child-proof option will disable the control panel while in operation.
To keep the drum clean, you can use the tub clean option is beneficial as it uses 85 degrees Celsius water to remove the stains and accumulated dirt. The stainless steel drum is rust proof, so it will last long. On this product, the manufacturer is provided 2 years warranty.
Things We Liked:
- 7kg weight capacity
- Chrome door and touch panel
- 6 motion direct drive technology
- Steam washing technology
- Touch display panel
- Smart diagnosis
- Inverter direct drive
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Slightly high power consumption
- A bit expensive
IFB is another high-end brand of home appliances that is mainly known for making washing machines. IFB’s Serena Aqua SX front load washing machine can be a great option if you are looking for a highly reliable option out there.
- It has 7K weight capacity which is suitable for family with 3 to 4 members.
- With 1000 RPM, the drum will spin fast to remove the water from clothes.
- 15 wash programs are provided with this product. They are cradle wash, woolens, mixed, spin, synthetics, cotton and others.
This product comes with aqua energize option – it is an in-built filter which dissolves the detergent better to provide a softer wash. The express wash is specially programmed for lightly soiled loads for example gym clothes.
Delicate wash is suitable for cleaning baby clothes or delicate fabrics. If you want to add more clothes during the wash, you can pause the button and do it. If you have heavily soiled clothes, you can choose the prewash option.
Manufacturer is providing an amazing 4 years warranty on the product, 10 years on parts and 4 years warranty on motor as well. A free installation is provided by the manufacturer within 36 hours of purchase.
Things We Liked:
- Aqua energize
- Ball valve technology
- Higher spin speed
- 7kg weight capacity
- 15 wash programs
- Great build
- Reliable and durable
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Only 4-year warranty on motor
Haier is another major brand that sells reliable, high performance and durable washing machines. Their HW70-B12636NZP model is not only energy efficient but also water efficient.
- Similar to most of the washing machines, this model also has 7kg weight loading capacity. So middle sized families like 3 to 4 members.
- It has 1200 RPM spin speed which provides faster drying time.
- They have 16 wash programs that include cotton, synthetic, wool, underwear, sport, jeans, hygienic and many others.
This washing machine comes with inverter motor with brushless direct current. These motors are much reliable than conventional options. Moreover, this motor is the reason these washing machines don’t produce much less than others.
It has seamless welding drum which is long lasting, efficient and reliable. It also provides fresh clothes every time with more efficiency. Anti-bacterial technology provides safe and hygienic wash every time by removing 99.8% of allergen microbes.
The drum also has 128 muscles and small drain holes which will scrub off the dirt with less abrasion. This washing machine can work efficiently even in low water pressure of 0.01 to 0.002 MPA. With this product, you will get 2-year warranty on parts and 10-year warranty on the motor.
Things We Liked:
- Inverter Motor
- Anti-bacterial technology
- 7kg capacity
- Seamless welding motor
- Works well in near zero water pressure
- 16 wash programs
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Looks a bit bulkier
Last from the list is Onida brand which is also a well-known option for home appliances including washing machines. Among their options, F75TW is perfect option for people who want an affordable washing machine.
- It comes with 7kg washing capacity which is applicable for families with 3 to 4 members.
- 12 wash programs are provided with product which ensure customized wash suitable for every fabric.
- With 1200 RPM spin speed, the clothes will be dried within few minutes.
This product comes with powerful motor which provides efficient washing every single time. And moreover, it works perfectly even in zero water pressure situations.
Thanks to its child-lock feature which locks the display so that kids won’t accidently change the operation settings. The foam protection will detect and redistribute the detergent foam.
The digital LED display is big and clear which lets you select the wash cycles or handle other operations perfectly with ease. The big opening of the washing machine will let you add even heavy loads easily. It has 2-year warranty on the product and 5-year warranty on the motor.
Things We Liked:
- Foam protection and child-lock
- Digital display
- Powerful motor
- Works even in zero water pressure
- Decent, reliable and durable
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Only 5 year warranty on motor
How To Find The Best Front Load Washing Machine
While selecting the best front load washing machine for your home, here are the most important factors that you should check for.
The capacity of the washing machine is measured in kilograms (weight of the clothes in kg). The front-load washing machines are available in a wide range of sizes. So, it shouldn’t be a difficult task for you to find the perfect fit for your home.
You can buy a machine either with the smallest capacity i.e. around 5-6 kg or a larger capacity i.e. around 10-11 kg. The front loader with 7 kg capacity is the most commonly bought size.
However, when it comes to capacity, the bigger size is not always the better, until and unless you want to spend more on water and electricity. You should buy one depending on the size of your family.
Here is a table that can give you a brief idea of which size you should select. The bigger the capacity of the machine is, the higher the price will be.
|Washing Machine Capacity||Household Size|
|< 6 Kg||1 – 2 people|
|6 Kg – 8 kg||3 - 5 people|
|> 8 kg||> 5 people|
2. Spin Speed:
The spin speed of a washing machine is measured in RPM. You must always check the spin speed before selecting a model. The machine with a faster spin speed help in squeezing out maximum water from the wet clothes. This means that the clothes will be much drier after you take them out of the machine. But, faster speed also means that it will generate extra noise.
3. Wash Cycle Options:
While most users are ok with a few basic wash cycles, the front load washing machines come with standard settings of temperature and load type. Most of the models even feature a hand-wash cycle that can be used while washing delicate clothes. There is a separate setting for items like bulky blankets or comforters.
Generally, front-loading washing machines offer extra functions that are very useful to users. Some of them are:
- While washing the clothes of your newborn baby, you might need a sanitize cycle.
- If you workout or if you have an athlete at your home, you might need a heavy-duty cycle that works on sweat stains and other types of stains.
- To reduce the wrinkles or improve stain removal performance, you might want to use steam cycles. You can even wash your workout clothes here.
- If you suffer from asthma or allergies, you can opt for an anti-allergy program.
- You can also select deep cleaning modes that come with foaming action.
Some advanced models of front load washing machines use intelligent sensor technology that determines the load, how dirty the clothes are, and how long the cycle should be. This prevents you from deciding which one is the correct program setting for your clothes.
4. Quick Wash:
Most of the front loading washing machines take a long time to finish the washing process. Depending on the cycle that you have selected, some might even take as long as 3 hours.
However, a few models these days are offering a new cycle called as a Quick Wash function. This function is great for washing lighter clothes and hardly takes 15 minutes to finish the process (depends on the model too).
5. Delay Start Timer:
This feature allows you to decide when do you want the next wash program to start. It is extremely useful in situations where you want the wash program to finish at a particular time, for example, when you are coming back home after office.
You can postpone the start of any wash program by 24 hours. You can even see the time on the display regarding when exactly the program is going to end.
6. Add Clothes Mid-Wash:
If you have already started washing clothes in the machine and you realize that you missed out something, you can add the extra clothes using the “AddWash” feature. You can find this feature in most of the Samsung models.
Here, the machine comes with an additional small door that can be opened in between of a cycle. This door allows you to add extra clothes to the machine.
7. Inbuilt Heater:
Using warm water while washing helps in cleaning the clothes efficiently. You can even get rid of the toughest stain or dirt when you wash the clothes with warm water and soap.
In some machines, you can pour hot water manually. However, the best models are those that come with an inbuilt heater. There are a few sensors that help in heating the water to the temperature that is required by the wash cycle. Once the water reaches that temperature, it turns off the heater automatically.
8. Auto Dispensing:
How much detergent should you add to wash your clothes? – This is one of the most common questions, especially amongst the newbies. If you add extra detergent, the machine will require more water to get rid of the detergent. But, when the load of clothes is light, it might result in wastage too. It is also important to understand which detergent of type (powder or liquid) to use.
The best models of washing machines come with an auto-dispensing technology that helps you in determining how much detergent you should add automatically.
If you notice, most of the high-end models of washing machines have this feature already. The Auto-dispense is a very useful feature and helps in saving water.
9. Child Lock:
As the name suggests, the Child Lock function helps in making the machine safe even when there are children around. It allows you to lock the buttons on the panel of the washing machine so that the wash cycle that you have chosen does not change, even if your child tries to play and press different buttons.
10. Wi-Fi or Bluetooth Connectivity:
Some models of front load washing machines allow Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connectivity so that you can connect the machine to your smartphone and control it. To do so, you will need a dedicated app. Depending on the model, you can monitor the wash cycle, control the machine, and even get the notifications whenever the wash cycle ends or begins. It can also help you with troubleshooting, whenever there is an issue.
11. Inverter Motor:
The inverter technology is a commonly used feature in most washing machines, refrigerators, and air conditioners.
The motor of the washing machine does not run at full speed all the time. If you have a washing machine with 6.5 kg capacity and you are washing only 2-3 shirts, the speed at which the motor works here might be lesser than usual. It does not affect the cleaning performance though.
With an inverter technology motor, the speed of the motor keeps varying. If the load is light, the sensors detect this automatically and then, make the motor run at a slower speed. The next part about this feature is it reduces the power consumption significantly. In the long run, it also helps you in saving a lot of money although the initial cost might be a bit higher.
12. Energy Efficient:
The more stars the machine has, the more energy-efficient it is going to be. Even though an energy-efficient washing machine is expensive, you will end up saving a lot in terms of electricity.
Also, the higher the energy rating is, the more efficient the washing machine will be. This way, you will save a lot on your electricity bills.
Always check for the available space where you are going to install your washing machine before buying it. Cross-check the dimensions of the washing machine with the laundry space that is available at your house. Most of the washing machine models are designed in a way so that it can fit even under a bench.
Also, make sure that there is enough space in the laundry to open the door while loading and unloading your clothes. You should also consider the size of washing machine stand suitable for it.
14. Ease of Use:
While checking for the specifications of the model, check how practical it is to use the machine. Check if all the controls are labeled clearly and if they are easy to reach. How do you add detergent or fabric softener to the machine? Is it convenient to open and close the door? Make sure you check all these pointers.
The front-load washing machines are generally heavier than the top load washing machines. An 8 kg front load washing machine might weigh around 70-85 kg. If you plan to shift your house frequently, keep in mind whether you will need delivery and installation services again.
16. Noise & Vibration:
If you live in a small apartment or if the laundry space at your home is close to the living area or bedroom, you might want to choose a machine that comes with an inbuilt noise reduction system.
Most of the famous brands offer their own versions of noise reduction or low-vibration technology to make the operation less noisy. However, you might not find this feature in lower-end models. You can find tips to reduce the vibrations HERE.
If you don’t want to get disturbed by the sound of the washing machine, you must check for this feature.
The price of front load washing machines is generally higher than the top load machines. Since they use less electricity and water, you can save a lot of money with the front-load machines in the long run.
You can easily find a good quality front load washing machine within a price range of Rs. 20,000 – Rs. 45,000. The expensive models usually offer higher capacity, multiple high-end features, and look good from outside too.
Since front load washing machines are a big investment, always look for the models that provide a strong manufacturer warranty period, especially on the motor. It should be durable enough to be used for years. Generally, you get a warranty of around 2 to 4 years with the front load washing machines.
Advantages of Front Load Washing Machines:
Front-load washing machines offer many advantages. Some of them are as follows:
1. Energy & Water Efficient:
When compared to the top load washing machines, the front load machines are water and energy-efficient. The cycle that you choose also plays a major role in determining the amount of water used but generally, the water consumption is low here.
Even though the front load machines look expensive while buying, this investment will eventually pay off as they go easy on the electricity bill by consuming lesser energy.
2. Gentle on the clothes:
Front-load machines are gentle on the clothes. The top-loading machines use an agitator (i.e. the plastic column that is present at the center of the tub). The agitator can damage your clothes by constant tangling, stretching, or snagging. There are a few models of top load washing machines that come without an agitator but there, the efficiency of the machine is compromised.
3. Smaller in size:
The front-load machines are so small and compact in size that they can fit easily in tight spaces too. This doesn’t mean that you can’t wash a lot of clothes in these models. If you are buying a model that offers a capacity of 8 kg or more, you can easily wash large loads.
Since they are compact in size, the front load machines are perfect if you live in an apartment. You can even get it installed beneath the bench top in your kitchen.
4. You can even stack a clothes dryer on the top of the machine:
To do so, you will have to buy the right stacking kit (you can buy it online). In this way, you can save even more space in your home.
5. High spin speeds:
The spin speed offered by front loaders is higher than the top loaders. Because of this, the clothes that you take out of the machine are much drier. It helps in saving your time as well as money.
6. Lower detergent consumption:
Since these machines are water-efficient, they consume lesser detergent too.
Generally, people use a lot of detergents every time they put clothes for washing. This can cause issues to the machine. You must use the detergent on the basis of how dirty your clothes are.
Disadvantages of Front Load Washing Machines:
Even though there are a lot of advantages of front load washing machines, there are a few disadvantages too. Some of them are:
- You need to bend every time you have to load and unload the clothes and many people feel uncomfortable doing so. There are stands available for these washing machines so that you can place them at a comfortable height. However, it can cost you a bit extra.
- If you don’t take care of the machine, you might notice a musty odor coming from the tub. Most of the front load washing machines come with dedicated washer cleaning cycles and help with the maintenance of the machine.
- The amount of time consumed to wash clothes is more than the time taken by top loaders (on average, it takes 20-25 minutes more comparatively).
- The exterior dimension of a few front loaders is a bit large making it difficult to accommodate in tighter space.
- Vibration can be an issue with the front loaders when compared to the top loaders. Even though most of the front load washing machines come with an advanced anti-vibration technology that allows the machine to perform quietly, you need to make sure that the load is balanced.
- If you are using the front load washing machine for the first time, you will have to be careful while using it. You must make sure that you don’t overload the tub or you don’t use too much detergent at once. It can have an impact on the performance of the machine and shorten its lifespan.
To make sure that your new washing machine works efficiently and last for a very long time, you must maintain it properly. Some of the maintenance tips that can be helpful to you, in the long run, are as follows:
- Remove clothes from the machine as soon as the washing is done. If you let the wet clothes stay inside the tub for a long time, it can promote mold growth.
- Clean the dispenser regularly as there are high chances that mold can grow on the dispenser too.
- Cleaning the rubber seal is equally important. It helps in preventing mold growth.
- Use the correct detergent. The high-efficiency (HE) front load washing machines need HE detergent to prevent excess build-up. This can clog pores of the machine and promote mold growth too.
- Use certain cycles only when it is required. Wash cycles like heavy and high-speed spin should not be overused as they cause damage to the machine.
- Use hot water once in a while. Even though using cold water is more energy-efficient, it suggested to use hot water occasionally as it helps in rinsing off the accumulated residue in the tub.
- Don’t put heavy load as once. Putting too many clothes in the machine might not give the best cleaning performance. The machine will have to work harder than required too.
- Select the wash cycle depending on the laundry. Doing this will help in giving better results.
- Check the pant pockets or the pockets of the jacket properly before putting them in the tub. Keys or any metal can damage the machine.
- Undo buttons: This helps in preventing the shirts or other clothes from getting torn while the machine spins or tumbles.
Frequently Asked Questions
While some machines come with a fill line, some machines don’t. In either case, we suggest you to not fill the machine more than it is 80% full. This way, there will be sufficient space for water to move through the clothes. If you overload the machine, the clothes might not seem to be completely clean and you will have to clean them again. It can also have an impact on the performance of the machine.
The front-load washing machines can last for an average of 14 years, depending on the frequency of usage, quality of the machine, and how well you maintain it. Most of the machines work well way beyond the warranty period offered by the manufacturer.
Mold growth is one of the most common issues that the users of the front load washing machine face. You can reduce this growth by taking proper care of the appliance. Use only HE detergent. Try to avoid using excess soap or other products like fabric softeners.
Check the door’s rubber seal and wash it once in a while. Also, use hot water occasionally to clean the tub.
Yes. The water consumption by the front loaders is almost half of that consumed by the top loader. As the clothes spin and tumble during a wash cycle, the front load machines spray additional water. Even by doing so, the water level remains low. Thus, even though it uses less amount of water, you will get clean clothes.
If the water is not getting drained fully, it is an indication that the drainpipe of the machine has blocked. You can unblock it by removing debris like lint or hair as they might be preventing the water flow. Sometimes, an overfilled washing machine also causes improper drainage.
Even though front load washing machines are quite small and compact, you get a great washing performance along with a wide range of features in these. While these are a bit expensive, the overall experience is quite significant. Thus, we are here with a few of the best front load washing machine models out there. Although, you can save a lot of time by considering one front load washing machine from our recommendations:
- Even though Bosch is mainly known for making high end and premium home appliances, its Bosch WAB16060IN front load washing machine is quite affordable. Since this is the cheapest option present in this article, you get a pretty decent value for money with it. Its 800 RPM motor offers decent performance for the given weight limit of 6 KG. You also get a standard 2-year long warranty from Bosch with this washing machine.
- If you want a highly powerful front load washing machine, then you can go with the BPL BFAFL65WX1 front load washing machine. It is the most powerful option present in this article as it comes with a highly powerful 1200 RPM motor. Apart from the highly powerful motor, you also get a 6.5 KG weight limit with this model that is a bit higher than most other options out there. Just like most other brands, you get a 2-year long warranty with this washing machine.
- However, if you want a highly reliable front load washing machine, then you can go with the IFB Diva Aqua SX washing machine. It is the only option present in this article that comes with a 4-year long warranty on the washing machine itself. As for its performance, you can find a 6 KG weight limit that is the same as most other options out there. Although, it’s 800 RPM electric motor could have been more powerful for sure.
Make sure to share your thoughts in the comments section. You can also post any questions down there if you have any!