Making healthy choices for your baby is extremely important, especially because their immune systems are not very strong during the first year. Since germs and harmful bacteria are everywhere around us, we need to make sure our baby is safe from them to prevent infections.
For those moms who are gradually shifting from breastfeeding to formula feeding, it is essential to keep baby bottles sterilized and germ-free. In the early days, we used to clean baby bottles with soap and water and boiled it on a stove top. But this takes a lot of time, effort and does not result in proper sterilization at all.
Electric steam sterilizers available in the market today are very efficient in sterilizing baby bottles, killing up to 99.9 percent of germs. These are simple to operate, light in weight and can be easily carried from one place to another.
To help you choose the best sterilizer for your baby’s milk bottles and other accessories, we’ve drawn up a list of the best electric steam sterilizers you can buy in India today. This will also give you a good idea of what features to look for in the wide variety of sterilizers on sale both online and offline.
How to choose the best electric steam sterilizer?
1. Types of Sterilizers
Sterilizers can broadly be classified into four main types based on their principle of sterilization.
- Electric sterilizer: Uses hot steam to kill germs, including drying and deodorizing the bottles. Usually sterilize a number of bottles at a time. Easy to clean and use; just needs to be plugged in. Sterilizing generally lasts a few minutes and the bottles within remain sterilized for up to 24 hours if the lid is left unopened.
- Microwave sterilizer: Also uses hot steam to kill germs, but needs to be put into the microwave for a specified duration of time in a microwaveable container. No deodorizing or drying features, so relatively cheaper than electric sterilizers. The microwave sterilization process is usually faster than electric.
- Ultraviolet sterilizer: These are the most recent additions to the market and use ultraviolet light to eliminate harmful germs. Compact, light in weight and easily portable, these can be a good option while travelling. However, it may not be convenient to sterilize multiple objects at a time in a UV sterilizer.
- Cold water sterilizer: These are quite time-consuming and aren’t used very frequently. The process involves soaking the bottles that need to be sterilized in a solution of sterilizing tablets for at least 30 minutes at a time. This is followed by rinsing the objects in purified, pre-boiled water before using it for your baby.
This depends on two factors – the number of bottles you want to sterilize at any given time and the type of bottles you use for your baby. Sterilizers come in all sizes ranging from 2 to 8 bottles that can be sterilized at once. Also, you need to keep in mind that wide-necked or wide-mouthed bottles take up a larger space as compared to bottles with narrow necks. Mothers who breastfeed frequently may also require sterilizers for breast pump accessories in addition to bottles. It is advisable to always opt for a sterilizer that is versatile and has some extra space for cleaning up additional accessories too and not only milk bottles.
3. Ease of Use & Hassle-Free Cleaning
Electric steam sterilizers are the easiest to use. Make sure you opt for one that has the least number of controls and does not need to be dismantled for cleaning every time. Also, it is best to purchase a sterilizer which comes with a drying feature and does not leave the bottles wet after sterilizing. This ensures the least cleaning hassles for the bottles as well as the sterilizer itself.
4. Compactness & Portability
Compact and lightweight sterilizers work best if you are someone who travels often and needs to carry it along. However, if you’re generally at home and need to sterilize a large number of bottles frequently, a larger size of sterilizer would definitely be a better option.
5. Additional features
Extra features like extra bottles with the sterilizer, automatic sterilization every few hours for contents that are within, a water filter or accessory tray or indicator alarms to signal once sterilization is complete may come in useful while using the sterilizer. It is recommended to check the additional accessories and/or features that come along with a particular model before buying it.
Best Electric Steam Sterilizers in India
|Electric Steam Sterilizers||Capacity||Sterilizing Time||Warranty||Buy Now|
|Philips Avent 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer||6 bottles||6 minutes||2 years||Check the Price|
|Chicco 3 in 1 Baby Sterilizer||6 bottles||5 minutes||2 years||Check the Price|
|R For Rabbit Electric Steam Baby Sterilizer||6 bottles||8 minutes||1 year||Check the Price|
|Trumom USA Steam Safe Baby Sterilizer||6 bottles||9 minutes||1 year||Check the Price|
|Pigeon Steam Baby Sterilizer||6 bottles||16 minutes||2 years||Check the Price|
Philips 3-in-1 electric steam sterilizer ranks top in the list of best sterilizers to buy in India. It occupies less space in kitchen and perfectly sterilizes the baby items.
This amazing sterilizer is available in 3 different sizes – small, medium and large. Small sterilizers clean soothers, medium size sterilizers for breast pumps, toddler plates, spoons and large size sterilizers to clean 6 bottles and other accessories.
99.9% of harmful bacteria and germs get killed using this sterilizer without adding chemicals. It can sterilize the baby bottles upto 24 hours when the lid is kept unopened.
The device can hold 6*330ml of wide and narrow neck baby bottles to sterilize all at once. It just takes 6 minutes of sterilization time and will automatically turn-off once the cleaning is completed.
Moreover, it is very easy to perform cleaning process simply by detaching the sterilizer parts. If the cleaning is not properly then the baby may experience stomach pain, diarrhoea, and ill.
Wrapping up, Philips electric steam sterilizer is good to buy online as it offers outstanding performance and comes at reasonable prices. There are very good reviews, ratings and offers a manufacturing warranty of 2 years from the date of purchase.
You can also buy Philips Microwave Steam Steriliser that cleans the bottles in just 2 minutes and the lightweight design makes convenient to handle.
- Flexible 3 in 1 sterilizer. Sterilize upto 24-hours.
- 2 years of warranty services.
- Made of BPA-free materials.
- Kills 99.9% of harmful germs.
- 6 minutes of sterilizing time.
- Very easy to clean and maintain.
- Comes with automatic cut-off option.
- Chemical free natural steam sterilization.
- Compact design, adjustable size for hassle-free functioning.
- Not a dishwasher safe.
- Not portable sterilizer.
Chicco sterilizer is one of the best brands that steam the baby care products like milk bottles, teats and pacifiers. We’re impressed with the 5-minutes of sterilizing time and the compact, lightweight design makes easy to carry and use without any hassle.
It features a 24 hour protection mechanism to keep the baby items disinfected as long as the lid is closed.
The eco-friendly design saves 25% of washing time, energy and kills 99.9% of harmful bacteria. You don’t need to add any chemicals as it can directly steam the products using water.
To clean the baby products faster, set the sterilizer to microwave mode that finishes the task in 3 minutes at 1000 watts. Depending on the sterilizing needs, you can adjust the size and modes of steriliser to support the steaming products.
Winding up, this Chicco 3 in 1 sterilizer offers decent performance through the usage. Moreover, it occupies less space in kitchen and is compatible with feeding bottles, breast pump and other baby accessories available in the market.
Apart from the features and functionality, the product is backed with 1 year from the date of purchase. If you get the damaged piece, make a complain to the Amazon to replace with new one.
- Automatic cut-off feature.
- Comes at affordable prices.
- 5 minutes of sterilizing time.
- Compact and ergonomic design.
- Occupies less space in kitchen.
- Features 24 hours protection mechanism.
- Kills 99.9% of household germs and bacteria.
- Sterilize with steam with no chemical additives.
- Separate racks for cleaning bottles and accessories.
- Not a dishwasher safe.
- No warranty information.
This R for Rabbit baby sterilizer is best for your little ones as it is made of durable BPA-free materials. It is specially designed to sterilize the baby bottles, toddler plates, tethers, forks and spoons.
The compact and lightweight design occupies less space in kitchen and makes easy to shift to different locations at any time you want. Moreover, it requires 8 minutes of time to wipe the dust and other harmful contaminants on the items and also saves your time and energy.
How to Use Electric Sterilizer?
Simply pour water into the bottom hot plate using the measuring bowl or glass. Now, place the baby bottles, forks, spoons, breast pumps, feeders, etc in the sterilizer and turn on the device. Within 10-15 minutes the bottles and other accessories gets sterilized by deterring dust, bacteria and other harmful contaminants.
You can put maximum of 6 bottles at a time in this sterilizer to perform cleaning function. It comes with a built-in sensor that helps to shut-off the device automatically when the sterilization process is being carried.
To conclude, the performance of this sterilize is good and best to use in homes and baby care centers. You don’t need to invest more on this model and the reviews, ratings are quite acceptable. We are bit disappointed the absence of size adjustment options and also the manufacturer did not disclose the warranty information.
- Very economical to buy.
- Suitable to sterilize baby items.
- Spacious interior design structure.
- 8 minutes of quick sterilization time.
- 3 in 1 multipurpose electric sterilizer.
- Helps to save washing time and energy.
- Automatic-off feature with built-in sensor.
- BPA free electric steam steriliser materials.
- No warranty information.
- Do not come in different sizes.
The immune system in newborn babies starts developing in the first 6 months. During this time, baby is more likely prone to bacterial infection. So, it’s better to use Trumom Electric Steam Sterilizer that helps to wipe out 99.9% of unwanted stains and dust on baby care items.
Compared to other sterilizer brands, it can also be used a food steamer as your kids grow. It can further be used for multiple purposes and lasts longer without damaging the product.
It takes 9 minutes time to sterilize the toddler items and easy to operate with a one-touch button. You can set the steaming temperature to high as possible and if you do not want to use the baby items, leave it for a long time with a closed lid.
The main advantage of using this product is it can support maximum of 6 bottles of any brand whereas other can fit certain brands of bottles. Like other models, it is made of BPA-free plastic and food grade silicon materials (supports 110° heat) to sterilize the pacifiers, nipples, tethers, small toys and breast pump accessories.
The heat-resistant handles and open-away latch are additional safety features that protects from steam burns. If the lid is closed, the contents inside the device can sterile up to 24 hours. Above all, this Trumom product comes with a warranty of 1 year from the date of purchase.
- Used as a food steamer.
- High heat resistant upto 110°.
- Safe to use for babies and toddlers.
- Offers 1 year manufacturing warranty.
- Sterilize maximum of 6 feeding bottles.
- Ergonomic design and comes in handy.
- Made of food grade silicon materials.
- Multifunctional and long-lasting steam sterilizer.
- Not a rust-proof body.
- Cannot handle 250ml bottles.
Pigeon is one of the trusted brands in India that promotes baby’s growth and happiness through advanced research and innovations. This Pigeon Bottle Steam Sterilizer overcomes the problems of manual cleaning and deters bacteria effortlessly.
Unlike other sterilizer models, it has got an ergonomic handle to carry and place in the desired location without any hassle.
You don’t need to use any sort of chemicals for cleaning the sterilizer. Opt for natural methods and the user-friendly design with open heating plate concept helps to remove the dirt and stains on the baby bottles, feeders, etc.
The auto-shut down feature the device turn off automatically after 16 minutes of sterilization time by supporting multiple products. An instruction manual is provided along with the kit which gives a clear idea of how to use, caring and washing tips. Do follow them to improve the usage capabilities of sterilizers at home.
To summarize, Pigeon is the one of the famous brand when it comes to compact sterilizers. It is ideal to use at home as it occupies less space and while travelling to different places. Although it comes at economical prices, offers reliable performance throughout the usage.
- Comes at cheap prices.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- One-touch button operation.
- 16 minutes of sterilizing time.
- User-friendly design structure.
- Automatic power on/off indicator.
- Supports 6 wide and narrow neck bottles.
- 24 hours of sterilization – day and night.
- Made of 100% BPA-free plastic materials.
- Backed with 1 year of manufacturing warranty.
- Poor customer support services.
The Philips Avent 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer is our top pick from the list of best electric steam sterilizers because of its unique 3-in-1 design that holds 6 bottles, pumps and accessories. Made from BPA-free materials, this compact and lightweight sterilizer keeps bottles within sterilized for up to 24 hours if the lid is left unopened. Its automatic shut-off safety feature and an open design for hassle-free cleaning make it a good buy. This product has a short yet effective sterilization cycle lasting up to only 6 minutes and comes with a warranty of 2 years from the date of purchase.