From basic utility to all things aesthetic, the carpet flooring will play a great role in the look and feel of the space. Apart from beautifying the home, they provide a warmth, cushion and comfort to the family and guests.
Everyone wants to have the best carpet to bring cohesiveness to their home space. So, to get the best one, one has to keep these 3 key points in their mind while purchasing.
Size: Make sure to measure the space of the room where you want to place this carpet and purchase the carpet as per the size that suits perfectly for your room. For instance, large size for living room and medium size for bedroom or sitting rooms and small for bathrooms.
Material: The carpet material should not only aesthetics but also durable and functional. The carpet material depends on the type of fiber that is made from either synthetic and natural fiber. The most commonly used material includes wool, nylon, acrylic, cotton, silk, polyester, polypropylene, and triexta.
Construction: The construction of carpet will determine its quality, functionality and durability. Weight (heavy weight carpet is dense, sturdy and durable), density (denser carpets are durable in nature) and twist (high twist per inch of a carpet will make it long lasting) will decide the construction of the carpet.
There are various factors to consider like color, placement area, budget, traffic area, design, etc. which are explained in the below mentioned Comprehensive Buying Guide. Also, provided some best carpet product used in India.
Scroll down to know how to choose the best carpet and where to purchase the best products, as per your requirement.
Not knowing which carpet to choose from various brands, styles, and designs available in the market. So, for you, we came up with a list of some best carpets that are widely used in India. Go through these products and choose your best and most suited one as per your requirement.
Best Carpets in India
|carpets||Material||Size/Capacity (in feet)||Color||Buy Now|
|Kismat Carpet Traditional Persian Carpet||Acrylic||8X11||Red||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|DAILZ Carpet Persian Design Carpet||Polyester chenille||5 X 7||Maroon||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Sparrow Carpet||Chenille||5 X 7||Grey||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Vram Velvet Carpet||Velvet||6X9||Sky Blue||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Kk Home Store Décor Royal Look Carpet||Velvet Chenelle||5X7||Maroon||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Rinki Carpet||Polyester||6X9||Brown||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Vram 5D Designer Velvet Carpet||Velvet||5X7||Maroon||CHECK ON AMAZON|
7 Best Carpets In India Reviews
Kismat carpet produces high quality traditional Persian carpets, which are made with polypropylene fiber. The power loomed high density carpet ensures softness underfoot, durability and longevity. It is suitable to use in living room, bedroom and hall rooms.
This high-quality pile is made with acrylic material that gives an amazing look and unmatched comfort. It comes with 1-inch thickness and size/capacity of 8 X 11 feet (240X335 cm). It is stain and fade resistant, non-shedding and it is easy to clean. Vacuum the carpet regularly and spot clean it by washing it with water and mild detergent. This red color carpet is comfortable for sitting as well.
Things we liked:
- It provides excellent softness and comfort to walk or sit on the carpet.
- Value for money.
- Easy to clean.
- The carpet is well made with great design and plush.
Things we didn’t like:
- A few reported that its thickness is less than 1-inch.
DAILZ abstract carpet deserves a spot on our list for its high-quality polyester chenille fabric. The speciality of this fabric is that it is strong and soft at the same time.
With its velvety-touch, your feet get instantly revived whenever you step on this carpet. It comes in a size of 5 x 7 feet or 55 x 80 inches, making it ideal for your living room or for using it as a picnic mat.
As the carpet has a beautiful abstract design all along, your living or dining room achieves a royal look instantly after you place it.
Moreover, it is easy to fold and does not feel heavy as it weighs just 1.6 kgs. This carpet is machine-washable and is easy to maintain.
Things we liked:
- Durable and soft polyester fabric.
- The abstract design gives a royal look to your home decor.
- Machine-washable and easy to maintain.
- Ideal size for home use or for outings.
Things we didn’t like:
- It is slightly thin, so it may not provide a proper grip, especially if the floor is slippery.
Sparrow World’s chenille carpet comes next on our list for its stain-resisting capability. Even the coffee stains are easily removable by handwashing or through a machine wash.
It contains high-quality chenille material, making it soft and durable. The elegant pattern on the carpet makes it apt to use under your coffee table or in the dining area. The grey and white colour combination of this carpet looks attractive and suits modern home decor.
The carpet measures 5 x 7 feet or 150 x 210 centimetres, making it ideal for home use, outings or picnics. As it is completely foldable and weighs just 498 grams, you can carry it to your yoga classes to use it as a yoga mat.
Things we liked:
- Attractive colour combination to suit every home decor.
- Ideal size for home use, outings or to even use as a yoga mat.
- Weighs 498 grams and is lightweight.
- Machine washable and easy to maintain.
Things we didn’t like:
- Can be a bit slippery as it has very less density.
The chenelle carpet is from the house of Vram. It enhances the beauty of your home by adding right style and elegance to the floor with its bright color (sky blue) and beautiful print. Suits best for living room and bedroom.
It is made with velvet chenelle and it is easy to carry around. To retain the carpet fabric shine, one has to dust the carpet and always keep it moisture free. Use vacuum cleaner to blow out the accumulated dust, as a part of your weekly cleaning. Prefer to dry clean the carpet without washing.
It comes in size / capacity of 6X9 feet (183X275 cm) with floral pattern on sky blue color. One can use this carpet as picnic mats, as it is easy to clean, carry and handle it.
Things we liked:
- Comes with anti-skid feature.
- Value for money
- Look beautiful with elegant design and subtle embroidery on it.
- Suits best for living room.
Things we didn’t like:
- The quality of the product is not up to the mark, as finishing, stitching is not good.
- Won’t stick to the floor properly.
Want to have luxurious look with stylish eyelet carpet for the room? Here is the right product for your room at a reasonable price. It is made of velvet chenelle which enhance the beauty of any room by creating a new look. It is bright in color (maroon with blue and white shades) and beautiful in print, in which you can carry this carpet easily.
It comes with size/capacity of 5X7 feet (150X210 cm) and can be placed on living room, bed room, and guest room. One can also use this carpet as picnic mat or yoga mat. Wash this carpet in cold water.
Things we liked:
- Made with velvet chenelle, which provides smooth and soft feel.
- Bright color carpet with beautiful print.
- Lightweight carpet which allows you to carry it around easily.
- Easy to wash and maintain.
Things we didn’t like:
- Won’t have anti-skid feature, which may cause slippery.
- The thickness is small that comes less than 0.5 inch, just like bedsheet.
This carpet from Rinki Home Furnishing contains high-quality velvet material, giving a soft touch to your feet. As it comes in an ideal size of 60 x 84 inches, you can even use this carpet in temples, large halls and schools.
With the elegant floral design all over, this carpet brings an antique look to your home decor. Moreover, the wine colour of this carpet can brighten even the dull corners of your home.
As it is made of velvet, you need to handwash it in cold water to retain its natural look. However, the carpet is quite thick so it stays intact wherever you place it.
Things we liked:
- The velvet material gives the carpet a plush look.
- Comes in a size of 60 x 84 inches, which is large enough to use in temples or schools.
- It is soft enough to revive your feet after a stressful day.
Things we didn’t like:
- The edges of the carpet are a bit sharp.
This velvet carpet from Vram enhances the look of your living room, dining or bedroom decor with its plush maroon colour and the elegant white pattern all along.
Coming in the size 60 x 84 inches, which is nothing but 5 x 7 feet, this carpet is an ideal fit for areas with more empty space like a hall or guest room.
The best part is the carpet is thick enough and well knitted, so you can use it during winters even if you stay in hill stations.
Moreover, the carpet weighs 980 grams and is easy to fold, so you can carry it for picnics or outings. As it is made of pure velvet, you have to carefully hand wash it with detergent and cold water.
Things we liked:
- Has ideal thickness, making it apt for winter months.
- Weighs just 980 grams and is portable.
- The velvet material makes it super soft.
- Right size to fit your living room.
Things we didn’t like:
- Colour may start fading after first wash.
Buying Guide for Carpets
There are numerous different types of carpets available in the market. So, as a buyer, you have to understand the benefits of each and every time to make a right decision of purchasing the best one. Simply go through this guide to get a detailed information on carpets.
Different Carpet for Different Rooms
Same kind of carpets won’t suit best for all rooms. Make sure to measure the area where you want to place this carpet. So, have a look on different carpets used in different rooms.
- Living Room – For this high footfall area, opt for sisal (natural fibers) carpet, which is easy to maintain, durable and stain & fade resistant. In case, if you want to place carpet on the sofa or sitting area, then use shag carpet, hand-knotted carpets, silk rug or Kashmiri kaleen, (made with nylon or polyester). Want to have a contemporary set up then choose an abstract design in bright colors.
- Dining Room – Choose some rich carpets in the dining area to enhance the charm and beauty in the dining room. So, use high or low pile carpet in nude or pastel colors to make the room look rich and bigger.
- Bedroom – Pick a wool or low-pile carpet to get a cozy look to the room. It is easy to clean and maintain. Place some light color carpet in the seating area or in front of the bed to make it look beautiful.
- Study Room – Select silk carpet or Kashmiri kaleen to give a vintage look to your sturdy room. Prefer bright colors like golden brown or marron to make it look attractive and to have better reading experience.
- Bathroom – Stepping out with wet feet after shower is always risky. So, for bathroom, you have to buy plastic runner and place it outside the shower to move out safely without slipping. If you have bigger bathroom with vanity, then place a small shag rug to make it look effective.
- Meeting /Formal Setting Rooms – Choose carpet tiles which are stain-free, dust resistant and easy to change (not like regular carpet flooring). Also, opt for full room carpet to suit for the purpose of formal settings or business meetings. Opt for cool and lighter look carpets in contrast with formal shades of interior wall claddings.
Things to Consider before Buying Carpets
More than floor cover, it brings a life and helps you to customize your home décor attractively. So, one has to be very careful while selecting this carpet for their home. To make this task easy, we came up with a few essential factors which you have to consider while purchasing the carpet.
Measuring the space where you want to place this carpet is another important step. For instance, if you want to place carpet in the living or dining room then you require a large size carpet to cover the area, whereas for bedrooms or sitting areas, a medium sized carpet will be fine. Also, place a good quality handmade carpet of small size at the entrance or outdoor patio. One can has to choose whether to place the carpet with the legs of the furniture either on the carpet or off the carpet before purchasing the carpet for your room, as per your preference.
2. Material Type
The material which you’re going to choose for carpet should not only aesthetics but also durable and functional. The carpet material depends on the type of fiber that is made from either synthetic and natural fiber. Most users prefer to have a soft, comfortable and cushioned carpets. The most commonly used material includes wool, nylon, cotton, polyester and polypropylene.
- Wool – The popular choice for carpet flooring. It is a natural, flame resistant and super soft material that used to withstand heavy foot traffic and good stain resistance. This natural material is strong, durable and elastic that won’t deteriorate easily. The high-quality wool has soft cushion is a little bit expensive than other materials. hand-knotted woolen carpets, tufted woolen carpets, woolen dhurries,
- Nylon – Most popular synthetic carpet material that provides durability, flexibility, resilience, and versatility. This material is used in manufacturing variety of different styles and patterns of carpet like from ultra-plush to dense and tightly packed (frieze, shag, textured, loop cut loop, etc.)
- Acrylic – Substitute for wool and gives the wool look at less cost. It is a stain resistant, easy to clean, water resistant, and fade resistant. It is not as durable as wool and become fuzzy overtime due to depletion.
- Olefin – Called as polypropylene, a solution dyed synthetic, where the color is built into fibers to make this material fully resistant to discoloration or fading. It is the best option for places (both for indoor/outdoor carpeting) with high traffic due to its less resilient nature than other carpet materials and best to use in low pile carpets or loop pile carpeting.
- Polyester – It is meant for its soft hand or texture that used in luxurious thick pile. It can be made into cut loop or loop and it is fade and stain resistant. It is a good value choice (less expensive) than other synthetic carpet materials. It is easy to clean and suitable for bedrooms or playrooms. For this carpeting, you have to choose a higher density and weight to ensure the carpet to hold up for overtime.
- Triexta – A new fiber that combines the performance characteristics of nylon and polyester. It is soft, durable, soil and stain resistant, fade resistant, and easy to clean. It is made from polymer in which 37% is created from corn, a renewable resource.
- Pure Silk Carpets – These are hand knotted carpets that originates from Kashmir, in which 80% silk and 20% cotton yarn. These are known for their softness and fine craftsmanship. They are most expensive carpets, widely used in low traffic areas/formal space to give a luxurious look. If used roughly, they can get ruined off easily.
- Cotton – This cotton carpets are one of the softest fiber options that used widely in medium traffic areas. It is a natural material, which is easy to clean, expensive and stain or fade resistant.
- Sisal – It is derived from a cactus plant to make it strong and durable than other natural fibers. It is earthy and rough-textured material (like jute) and suitable for outdoor applications.
The construction of carpet will determine its quality, functionality and durability. So, always check how the carpet is constructed before its purchase. Weight, density and twist will decide the construction of the carpet.
- Density – It mentions that how many fibers the pile have and how tightly they are packed. In simple words, it is the amount of pile yarn and how close the tufts are. As a general rule, the more denser the carpets, the more durable they are (simply, denser carpets are durable in nature).
- Weight – The weight of the carpet is interconnected to its density. So, its weight is determined by the fiber content per square foot. The more fiber in per square foot, then the higher the weight and the more durable the carpet. So, heavy weight carpet is dense, sturdy and durable that lasts longer.
- Twist – Most of the carpets comes with twist technique, where the fibers are twisted to maximize its structure and durability. Generally, the higher twist per inch (TPI) of a carpet will stand up to flattening or matting and thereby make it more durable. So, select the carpet with high TPI.
4. Carpet Style
The way the fibers stuck to the carpet backing will determine its style. The style will influence the durability and aesthetics of the carpet. Let’s know about the three most commonly used carpet styles and its different subcategories that fall in each of these styles.
- Loop Pile : In this carpet style, the fibers form into little loops and get stuck to the back of the carpet. It can be either tight or loose and tall or short constructed, that depends on the number and size of the loops. The yarn tips won’t exposed and make this carpet extremely durable and works best in high traffic areas to hide dirt.
- Level Loop Pile : Same height loops will create a uniform look and makes it last longer in high traffic areas. This Berber style comes with flecks of dark color on any light background.
- Multi-Level / Patterned Loop Pile : It has 2 – 3 different loop heights that create pattern effects and thus provides real dimensional look and good durability.
- Cut Pile : This carpet style has no loops but the frayed fibers will stick straight to the backing. It achieves durability through the type of fiber used, amount of twist in the yarn and density of tufts. It is suitable for high-traffic areas. Have a look a few styles based on cut pile.
- Plush / Velvet : Good for rooms which have formal settings or low traffic areas. It is dense and luxurious that show the vacuum marks and footprints easily.
- Textured Plush : This decoratively versatile style hides vacuum marks and footprints. Suitable for busy households and for every room.
- Saxony : Provides a refined surface that makes it well suitable for dining and living rooms.
- Frieze / Twist Pile : Has curly textured surface and extremely twisted to reduce the vacuum marks and footprints. Suitable for areas where there is a frequent traffic.
- Cable : Similar to frieze but some fibers are thin and some are thick to provide a varied appearance.
- Shag : One type of frieze with tall pile height. Suitable for retro applications.
- Low Pile Carpet : This short pile carpet comes with yarn cut to 0.25 inches or less, in which the height affects the appearance, wear and feel of the material.
- Cut Loop : As the name implies, it is a combination / mix of cut pile and loop yarns and thereby make this carpet durable and dense along with plush and soft than other two styles. Comes in sculptured effects of squares, swirls, and chevrons in multicolor effects that helps to conceal stains and soil on the carpet.
5. Carpet Caring or Maintenance
Proper care will definitely extend the life of a carpet. So, one has to maintain the carpet properly by following the below tips.
- Vacuum the carpet often to remove the dirt, soil and other dusts on it.
- Re-arrange your furniture occasionally to prevent traffic paths.
- Always, close the blinds/curtains during the peak daylight hours to prevent the direct exposure of sunlight on the carpets.
- Professional cleaning for once a year is recommended to extend its lifetime, even though, if you clean it regularly.
It is not a wise idea to purchase the cheap options, as this can compensate quality. First of all, decide how much you’re willing to spend (price range) on this carpet’s purchase. Also, take the advantage of the clearance sale or other promos in online to avail the best & superior quality carpet at discounted price.
7. Carpet Tiles
Most of the people prefer to use carpet tiles instead of using carpet for floor. The carpet tiles have a unique style and patterns (checked, mosaic, abstracts, etc.) that make look attractive and enhance the beauty of your home or office. One can easily install, handle and replace these carpet tiles to get a classy look. They are strongly built and constructed to last longer for years to come.
8. Tips for Buying Carpets:
Just keep these tips in your mind and follow them when you’re purchasing the carpet to grab the best one.
- Try to balance the carpet design with your overall interior décor.
- Make sure to check the carpet by taking a foot feel from various carpets and pick the right one.
- Ensure the front legs of all sitting furniture should fall on the carpet when it is placed in living area.
- Clean the carpets regularly to prevent any health issues and to make them use for longer period.
- Always choose the carpet color by depending on the footfall in that particular area. Bright color carpet for area where footfall is more (living area) and light one for area that has less footfall (bedrooms).
- With the improved technology and fiber systems, there are more styles of carpets that comes with both softness, durability and easy to clean feature.
- Consider the existing furnishings before purchasing the carpet, to create a contrast look and make the room look more beautiful. For instance, if you have a sofa in the living area, then place patterned carpet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are a few suggestions that help you in choosing the right carpet.
Based on Characteristic:
For stain resistance – Polyester, olefin, Acrylic & loop pile.
For durability – nylon with construction (twist, high density & weight) and loop pile style.
For fade resistance – polyester, acrylic, olefin.
For softness (OR) textured look – wool with construction (medium density & weight), cut loop or cut pile.
For mold-resistance – Synthetic short pile
For a sleek look – loop pile with construction (high density & weight, twist style).
Based on the Room:
For stairs and landings – nylon short pile, which is easy to clean and maintain it.
For Hallways – Dark colored carpets like Berber style provides long term durability.
For Bedrooms – nylon or wool with long pile or high-level loops that has thick pad for comfort.
For Kids’ Room – loop pile in a synthetic fiber
For Family Rooms or Living Room – Frieze or Berber with synthetic materials for easy maintenance.
For Kitchen & Dining Room – Cotton in natural colors, which is easy to wash and maintain.
Based on Carpet Types:
For long lasting – frieze or Berber style, which can hold up to 5 – 10 years. If taken proper care, it goes for 15 – 20 years.
Commercial Carpet – Nylon Frieze
Environmentally Friendly Type – Wool or cotton has low amounts of VOC.
Best Resale Value – Thicker pile or Berber style
Comfortable Carpet – Wool Berber or Textured Saxony
Easy to Clean – Nylon Short Loops
Best Quality Carpet – Wool
There are two main ways of installing the carpet in your area – carpet padding and carpet tile.
Carpet Padding – It is critical to install a carpet in which the proper backing cushions the foot, insulates from noise and cold and thereby increases the life of the carpet. A less cushiony floor is preferred to those who steps a bit unstable at times. For foot testing on a carpet, you can simply test with a padding sample underneath. Always follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for choosing a padding, as different paddings require different kinds of carpet.
Carpet Tile – It is a DIY floor carpet installation, in which they can be glue down or peel & stick on the area where you want to place the carpet. The adhesive system will help to keep the carpet in place and thereby eliminates curling. The tile comes in one form in which there is no need to purchase the carpet padding separately.
The under-pad provides safety and comfort to use this carpet. It saves wear and tear on the carpet by simply absorbing the impact of foot traffic. A better grade underpad will make you feel more comfortable to walk on it and help the carpet to look better for a prolonger time. If you’re in tight budget then simply spend more on the underpad (high grade underpad) and less on the carpet (a medium grade quality) to make it use effectively for a longer time.
Among our best list of carpets in India, we pick Kismat Carpet Traditional Persian Carpet, as our first and best product. The reason is that it is made with high quality Acrylic material with power loomed high density to ensure softness, durability and longevity. It is suitable to use in living room, bedroom and hall rooms. It comes in large size with stain and fade resistant, non-shedding and easy to clean.
Hope the above-mentioned information will help you in getting the best carpet for your home, as per your requirement. Let’s know which one you picked in this 2021 by sharing your experience and any queries in the below comments box.