Baby Monitors are the perfect way to keep an eye on your baby when you are not physically present in the room. It notifies as soon as your baby wakes up, if she’s crying or hungry or if she’s fast asleep and happily dreaming.
Some baby monitors can only transmit the audio while modern ones can provide two-way communication, and also ensure baby’s breathing and heartache are normal.
To choose the best baby monitor for your kids, we recommend considering below options…
Type – Baby monitors are available in different types. You have to choose them based on your requirements.
- Audio Monitors – They provide only audio notifications like when your baby cries. They are simple and cost effective.
- Audio and Video – They have a small camera mounted which provides visuals of your baby. Along with that, you will also hear them. Some modern versions also come with zoom, pan, tilt and others.
- Movement Sensor – It will track baby movements and send transmission regarding the same. They also track baby’s heart rate, breathing and pulse rate and notify you if something goes wrong.
Coverage – Monitors range depends on room size and construction material of the wall. For bigger houses, we recommend to go with models that have higher frequency range like digital or DECT. For smaller houses, analogue monitor is enough.
Other factors to consider while purchasing a baby monitor are night vision, sound activation, security, battery and camera lens. A detail description of these factors is mentioned in our “BUYING GUIDE“.
Along with that, we have also provided a list of Best Baby Monitors in India.
List of Top 5 Best Baby Monitors in India
|Baby Monitors||Item Weight||Screen Display Size||Buy Now|
|Infant Optics Dxr-8 Vedio Baby Monitor||907 g||3.5 inches||Check On Amazon|
|Babysense Baby Monitor||450 g||2.4 inches||Check On Amazon|
|Qubo Baby Monitor||130 g||---||Check On Amazon|
|Philips Avent Dect Baby Monitor||363 g||--||Check On Amazon|
|iBaby Monitor M6T HD Wi-Fi Wireless Digital Baby Vedio Camera||1004 g||--||Check On Amazon|
Reviews of Best Baby Monitors in India
Infant optics is one of the world’s leading company that offers high-quality baby products and is committed to provide strong customer support services. This infant optics baby monitor system comes with finite number of accessories to monitor the baby’s activities while sleeping, playing games, etc.
It is the 1st baby monitoring system with interchangeable lens technology that streams baby video in a 3.5-inch LCD display clearly.
LED’s gets activated once it hears the baby voice (crying) and alerts you by blinking though the volume is turned off. Temperate display will let you know whether the baby is in comfortable position or not. You can also rotate the camera in different directions using the remote pan or tilt control.
Once you fully charge the battery, it can last 10 hours in power saving mode and 6 hours when the screen is turned on. Moreover, it is secured with 2.4 GHz FHSS wireless transmission technology to protect the data of both audio and video.
You don’t need to install anything separately as it is completely a plug and play type baby monitoring system. The baby monitor can be charged using a USB cable and is easy to set up on multiple charging stations at home.
There’re other models like DXR-5 from the same brand Infant Optics that helps to monitor the baby actions using a cameo and digital monitor at affordable prices.
What we like
- Sleek and compact design.
- Remote temperature display.
- Can fix maximum of 4 cameras.
- Features invisible IR night vision mode.
- 4 GHz FHSS wireless transmission technology.
- Interchangeable lens technology – normal, zoom, wide options.
What we don’t like
- High priced baby monitor.
- Cannot record the video.
Babysense is one of the leading companies offering valuable baby care products for parents for over 30 years. It is specialized in offering video monitors, breathing monitors, and other accessories to make it reliable, safe, and trustworthy.
This Babysense baby monitor V24R model equips several useful features like high clarity camera, long-range, room temperature capturing, lullabies, ambient infrared night light vision, two-way talkback, and high capacity battery. Moreover, its standard manufacturing build, design, and security are matchless and incomparable to any other brand.
Its 2.4-inches high clarity colored LCD couples enhanced 2.4GHz FHSS technology that gives a high-quality image, stable and secured streaming, the best digital vision and sound, and hack-free service. Its clarity is excellent even at night with the latest infrared night vision technologies. Besides, it has a 2X digital zoom that erases any of your doubts.
Not only video or image, but it also assures you better quality sound. You can hear your baby’s voice and also speak in real-time with its advanced two-way talkback feature. Moreover, you can also relax him or her with a recording lullaby song and make your child feel a live experience.
It is unique to others with its ability to connect up to four cameras and view four different rooms to ensure better safety in all rooms.
Apart from the routine audio and video recordings, it even captures the temperature and notifies you of the high and low-temperature alerts.
This standard product has a long-range capacity to record the data up to 900 feet of open space with excellent capturing. As it is made of high-grade materials, it is safe and durable. Because it comes from a branded manufacturer, it is a bit expensive, yet it offers a one-year warranty service, and so your investment is worthy and does not get wasted.
What we like:
- Trustworthy brand
- High clarity camera
- 2X digital zoom feature
- Two-way speaking ability and built-in lullaby recordings
- You can connect up to four cameras
- Clear sound
- Long-range of up to 900 feet
- 2.4GHz FHSS technology
- Out of range warning
- Secured hack-free operation
- Good night vision
- Temperature indicator
- Easy to install
- 1-year warranty
What we don’t like:
Qubo by Hero group has a good name in the market all over the world. This high-clarity baby cam from Qubo is an art of smart parenting.
Now, you can never be afraid of leaving your baby alone nor miss your baby’s milestones with this advanced AI and camera featured baby monitor.
It has a high-resolution 1080 pixel baby camera that assures live remote monitoring with full HD clarity and crystal clear infrared night vision up to 6 meters. So, even during the day or night, you can monitor the baby’s activities well.
Interestingly, with its time-lapse video, you can also view an awesome video collage of the baby’s precious childhood moments.
Though you are anywhere in the house, you can hear your baby with its special baby cry alert. Besides, its crisp 2-way audio talk powered by Echo allows you to hear your little ones and speak back seamlessly.
Its audio quality is good enough that it seems to be a real-life experience. So, you can also soothe and calm your crying baby with an automatic audio song recording and playing by a lullaby player.
Qubo cares for your baby’s safety, and so its smart monitor has a special safety feature of the virtual cradle that notifies you as soon as he or she breaches the defined space in the cradle.
This smart baby cam is Wi-Fi-enabled and operates with Google Assistant and Alexa. It also comes with a free SD card and gold subscription plan to store and cloud stock the precious moments. However, the captures are so safe and secured preventing leakages with special AES128 encryption and a PK I-based cloud location in India.
The product comes with a baby cam, cable, power adapter, quick start guide, wall screws, wall anchors, deco plate screws, SD card, and a warranty card.
This trustworthy Hero Group’s Qubo baby cam not only assures you a reliable baby care product but also approaches with instant and quicker customer care services.
What we like:
- Superb picture quality
- With better night vision, you can view even in darkness.
- The thickness of the product and design is good.
- Baby-cry alert and virtual cradle features are so helpful
- You can plug it anywhere.
- It comes at an affordable price range.
- 1-year warranty
What we don’t like:
- Self-installation is a bit difficult.
- There was a problem with connection time.
- The features of baby-cry alert, virtual cradle, and others are available only upon activating the premium platinum membership that may not be suitable for all.
- The customer service seems to be terrible and unhelpful.
Being a homemaker, it’s not so easy to look up to the baby activities as you may be busy with the household chores. The best affordable solution to track the baby actions is by having Motorola baby video monitoring system.
Motorola baby monitor is equipped with 2.4 GHz FHSS technology to establish a strong communication between the transmitter – camera and receiver – monitor. It is much better than cordless antenna that operates at 900 MHz frequency.
It features a 2.4 inch digital LCD display that makes you experience the real-time audio and video. IR night vision mode keeps a complete track on what’s happening on baby’s room without any disturbances or turning on the lights.
When you’re moving out of the zone, it notifies you with the alarming sounds and you don’t need to worry about that.
This product covers 1 year warranty in India and also the manufacturer’s minimum suggested age to use is 5 years. Also, it is available in 21.8*21.6*10.9 cm and weighs about 490 grams.
What we like
- 4 GHz FHSS technology.
- IR night vision mode facility.
- 5 hours of average battery life.
- Backed with 1 years of warranty services.
- 8*21.6*10.9 cm and weighs about 490 grams.
What we don’t like
- Not a dishwasher safe.
Finally, we end up with the iBaby Monitor system. This is the only device in the list which you can connect to a smart phone or tablets by accessing to the internet.
What is included?
- Power adapter
- Starter guide
- Monitor with sensors
- Wall mount kit (not included in the package)
You can stream videos in full HD to monitor baby actions in infrared night vision mode. And hear the kid’s voice clearly with the monitor’s two-way audio and echo cancellation. It can turn 360° and tilt 110° to give the clear view of baby’s room.
Without referring the instruction manual, you can install it in just 60 seconds. When something is happened to the baby, the sound and motion sensor alerts and gets notified in smart phone. Also, this home baby monitoring system is equipped with humidity and temperature sensor that will make you analyze the environment in baby’s room.
Night vision LED’s keep the view great even in the dark. You can remotely play soothing music for your little one and set up the monitor with 4 cameras at a time.
Overall, the performance of this iBaby monitoring system is good and best matches with the baby requirements. While working in office, you can simply monitor the baby’s health, sleep and other actions on smart phone by interfacing with the monitor.
What we like
- Smart alert options.
- Easy to setup and install.
- Item weighs about 1.04 kg.
- 360˚ pan and 110˚ tilt options.
- Humidity and temperature sensor.
- Compatible with smartphones – Android, IOS, iPhone, iPad.
What we don’t like
- Bit expensive than other brands.
Buying Guide for Baby Monitors
If it is your first time, then choosing a baby monitor can be difficult as there are several options available in the market. If you choose a poor quality product, then you may experience voice interference, batteries dying before their expiry date, poor visibility, a shorter than claimed range cover etc. So, it is important to know all the information and choose carefully based on your requirements.
1. What is a Baby Monitor?
A baby monitor is a simple device which contains a transmitter and receiver. Transmitter is placed in the baby room and receiver is present with the parent or guardian who will receive the transmission through sound or video. Modern baby monitors come with high definition video monitoring, Wi-Fi connectivity and several other options.
2. Do You Need a Baby Monitor?
If you and your baby sleep in the same room or if you are always watching baby, then you don’t need it. A baby monitor is helpful to keep an eye on your sleeping baby when you are busy with other works or catching with sleep or Netflix shows. They are just like a nanny cam which keeps an eye on child and caretaker when you are not at home.
3. What Type of Baby Monitor Should I choose?
There are hundreds of baby monitors with different shapes and sizes. Depending on their mode of functionality they can be divided into three main categories. They are-
- Audio Only Baby Monitors: These are cost-effective, simple devices which are quite small in size too. You can hear your baby’s cry and coos when you are busy performing your daily chores. If opting for this type, make sure it has good volume adjustment options and great sound quality.
- Audio and Video Baby Monitors: They come with a small wall-mounted camera or a tabletop camera so you can watch over your baby as well and hear him/her. It’s generally equipped with extra options like zoom/pan/tilt, additional cameras, night vision and two-way speaking.
- Movement/Sensor Baby Monitors: These are used to keep track of your baby’s movements and are generally placed under the cot or crib mattress. It can be used to keep track of your baby’s heart rate, pulse or breathing and alert you if something goes wrong.
4. Transmission Types of Baby Monitors
some baby monitor transmits signals through radio frequencies while other uses your Wi-Fi network. Depending on their signal strength and security they can be further classified another into three types.
- Analogue- analogue baby monitors send signals directly to the receivers without being encrypted. They are prone to static and interference and have weak signals. Anyone in its range can pick up the sounds coming from the baby’s room. They are cheaper but do the job.
- Digital- signals are encoded in digital baby monitors as they travel from the monitor to the receiver so the chances of others trapping your conversations are almost impossible. They are secure to use and provides clear sound quality thus more expensive.
- DECT baby monitors (Digitally Enhanced Cordless Telecommunication) – the most secure type of digital baby monitors. They use a unique frequency to eliminate any possible interference. Their high-sensitivity microphones have ambient noise filters that eliminate any background noises and sends sounds only from a baby’s nursery. But for the extra security and minimal interference, you need to shed some extra bucks. To find one look for “DECT” written on the package!
- Wireless network monitors– they send signals to the receiver through an existing Wi-Fi allowing you to use your Smartphone or computer as a receiver connected to the internet. Some models send notifications to the receiver whenever they detect any changes in the baby’s room.
How to Choose a Baby Monitor?
Now that you have analyzed which type is suitable, you can now check out the other factors to consider while purchasing a baby monitor. We have mentioned them below for your reference.
1. Cordless or Batteries
As you already know, a baby monitor contains a receiver and transmitter. Usually, most of the transmitters have electrical cord or non-rechargeable batteries and the receivers come with an electrical cord or rechargeable batteries. If you have decided to use the device for a long time, go for the one which has electrical cords or Lithium-ion-batteries that lasts at least 6 hours.
On the other hand, if you are using your phone as the receiver, the phone battery has to be powerful enough to constantly stream live video and audio feed from the baby’s room. If you have a new iPhone or Android it can perform pretty well but if the device is old, the battery should also be weak and you will likely to notice random battery dropdowns. Look for monitors with a low-battery indicator; it will notify you if the battery drops down via a light or an icon present on the receiver.
Monitor’s range coverage depends on factors like your room size, wall construction materials. If you live in a big house with more than one floor and have plans on buying an analogue monitor, don’t do that it will be a waste of money as their signals get weaker if they travel through walls/floors.
For bigger house or apartments, good range cover is a must because you probably going to move with the receiver. Opt for digital monitors better if DECT monitors, where signals can transmit further with little to zero interference. Also, look for monitors that have an out-of-range indicator that will tell you when you pass the range otherwise static will only be the option left to get notified.
3. Camera Angles
If you have more than one child or you want different cameras in different rooms a monitor with multiple camera options can be really useful. All cameras can be viewed in one monitor. Any Wi-Fi cameras and only a few high-end Radio Frequency monitor have the option.
Most of the monitors require manual changing of the camera angles, where some of the newest models have remote controlled cameras where you can pan the camera angle side-to-side, zoom it in or and tilt it up and down without entering in the room.
Some of the newest model baby monitors have got interchangeable lenses to fit into your baby’s room without you rearranging the entire room. You would prefer a wide-angle camera view when positioning the camera close to the baby and a narrow-angle view if positioned far away from the baby.
4. Band Frequency
If baby monitors are placed close to other electrical devices with similar frequencies, then you may experience more interference and static. We suggest choosing monitors that have different frequency bandwidth from your cordless phones or wireless routers. For example, if you have a wireless router of 2.4 GHz frequency at home choose a monitor that doesn’t operate with the same frequency in order to avoid frequency overlap. Keeping in mind that signal crossover also depends on where you live. If you live at close proximity, other monitors can also create static and voice interference.
Here, the DECT baby monitors with 1.9 GHz frequency have a bonus point. The frequency is exclusively reserved for voice technologies; also two DECT devices at same place don’t seem to create any interference.
5. Privacy and Security
Yes, there are people who enjoy trapping your baby’s activities, they can talk with them or can enjoy watching you feeding your baby. However, there are some baby monitors which send end-to-end encrypted singles from the transmitter to the receiver. Choose wireless routers with WAP2 (Wi-Fi Protected Access II) security and monitors that have SLS/TLS certificate.
Wireless network monitors connected to your smartphone requires an app to control transmitter feed. Choose the apps that set up an account with a strong password and allow blocking of the monitor if a suspicious unauthorized activity is detected. Set a strong password for your Wi-Fi; try to disable remote action to both the Wi-Fi and the monitor.
6. Additional Features
Unlike traditional monitors, modern ones come with advanced set of features. We have mentioned below.
- Night Visions – the audio/video monitors with night vision or inferred light allows you to watch over on your baby when she is sleeping in a dark room. And some audio baby monitors with a night light present on the child unit which you can activate from the receiver.
- Motion and Sound sensors– some audio/video monitors have come up with motion and sound detection sensors. The receiver is turned on if it catches the baby making any unusual activities such as loud crying or rolling over on the bed.
- Temperature sensors- baby monitors with a temperature sensor monitors the temperature in the room and alerts you if it detects any significant change. It is useful if you have a heater or AC turned on in the baby’s room.
- Talk-back- It feature lets you to chat with your baby from others room in your house. It is helpful in soothing a crying child.
- Lullabies- another useful feature to soothe your baby. It will slowly play music or lullabies you select from the parent unit, phone or computer.
- Sound activation- a baby monitor with sound activation feature can turn on speakers only if it detects a baby’s cry. It won’t keep you awake whole night listening to other background noises such as an air conditioner or a ceiling fan in baby’s room.
- Sound activated light- It is helpful in a noisy room or when the volume of your handset is low or muted.
- Extra Handset Receivers – It is better to choose the ones which come with multiple handsets receivers so you can put them in separate rooms or charge them alternatively between uses.
7. User Friendliness
What is the use of all the features if you can’t navigate the device menu to customize pre-settings or change modes or options? All our reviewed products are hand-tested however some has better usability than others. But all are easy to operate, takes lesser time to understand and also comes with an easy to read manual.
8. Price and Warranty
Baby monitors are available from standard to high-end. Expensive models usually have the best set of features and good quality. However, some people may not require high-end models while other may require it. We recommend to understand your requirements, set a budget you want to spend on it and choose models within that range. It is better to go for a model with higher warranty period – because if there is any problem, you can just get it repaired or replaced for no extra costs.
Safety Precautions to Consider While Using a Baby Monitor
As you will be using the monitor in your baby’s room, it is better to consider some safety precautions. We have mentioned some tips below.
- Never place a monitor on or too close to your baby’s crib. Because if they are close to baby’s access, them they may kick it off using their legs or hands.
- In order to avoid strangulation, avoid keeping power plugs near the crib. Install the camera far from it where baby can never get an access.
- Baby monitors do not replace adult supervision. Regardless of how advanced the baby monitor is, you should never replace it with a parent or caregiver.
- SIDS represents sudden infant death syndrome. Baby monitors are not SIDS safe, even if they are sensitive to baby’s movements and breathing patterns.
Baby Monitors Frequently Asked Questions?
You don’t need a baby monitor if you live in a small apartment where you can always be at a hearing distance from your child. If your baby sleeps in a bedside cradle or you co-sleep with them, you always have someone to help you when you are not around or you have already installed any other security system that does the job of a baby monitor.
Yes, all baby monitors emit some amount of radiations like any other electrical device present at your home as a mobile, Wi-Fi router, microwave, TV etc. If you want to shield your baby from any of these electromagnetic fields you have to give up on them which is not very practical. What you can do is to keep the monitor 6 feet away from the baby or if not possible keep 3 feet away or use low-emission baby monitors but then the video and audio quality will decrease to quite an extent.
If you are using a digital baby monitor (audio or video), be rest assured your baby monitor is secure and others cannot eavesdrop on purpose or accidentally. The signals from the transmitter to the receiver are end-to-end encrypted. Baby monitors that operate with internet connections can be hacked if you don’t take necessary security steps.
A digital video monitor sends encrypted transmissions so you don’t require doing anything extra. In case, you are using wireless network video monitors set a strong Wifi password, disable any default settings from the monitors, download a secure app and open an account with proper Id and strong password, choose the app which lets you block any unauthorised users.
For smaller rooms, a minimum of 250-400 feet is necessary to travel through wall, floor and furniture. Insulation between the walls can intervene with the signal by reducing range coverage. If you live in a house with 2 or more floors choose wide range coverage with 600-700 feet or more.
Turn the volume down if you have set it high on the monitor, higher volume power drains more battery. If you have enabled sound-activation or light-activated sound sensors then disable it, they lower battery life. Also, try to keep the brightness of the screen at a lower level. These will significantly reduce the power consumption from the batteries.
Working from home means you need to attend business calls, so a baby monitor with a sound activated light feature can be really useful. You can keep the monitor on mute and the receiver will only notify you when the baby is awake or crying by emitting light.
For twin babies, it is better if you have a camera with pan/tilt or zooming features and even better if it has interchangeable lenses so that you can change between wide and narrow-angle cameras depending on where you put the camera. If you keep them in separate rooms go for monitors which comes with multiple camera options.
The ‘sound-activation’ feature is technically known as VOX. It turns the parent unit on only when it catches unusual sounds like a loud cry or rolling over eliminating any other background noises such as air-conditioners. Thus it stays in standby mode other times and not continuously transmitting signals they can also save the battery.
There is no specific time limit, some parents prefer to stop after their baby reaches 2 years other like to use it long pass this stage up to the toddler stage. But you can stop using it once your baby starts sleeping through the whole night, usually after 6 months. By this time your baby becomes loud enough to cry and wake you up at night if he or she wakes up.
So far, you may come across different baby monitor models on online portals like Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal and much more sites. But, choosing the right one for your baby is the toughest task as your baby may experience the allergies, skin problems and other health issues.
When it comes to choosing the best baby monitors, you should always look for certain key factors like baby monitor types, analog vs digital baby monitors, baby weight and height, product dimensions, comfortable options, audio and video clarity, night vision mode and finally the price-warranty information.
Our top pick from the list is Infant Optics Baby Monitor that comes with interchangeable lens technology to stream baby HD videos in a 3.5-inch LCD display. It features 2.4 GHz FHSS wireless transmission technology to protect the data (audio and video) from misusing. On power saving mode it can last for 10 hours and 6 hours when the screen is turned on.
This Infant Optics has got 20,000+ reviews and positive ratings from the unique Amazon customers. For this reason, most of the customers choose this product without having a second thought.
Which brand baby monitor you like the most? Are you using any of the baby monitor brands? Share your thoughts and experiences with us in the comment section given below.