Almost all brands manufacture LED televisions that can be connected to smartphones. So, if you have bought quite an expensive LED television, you would want to test all of its features including its connectivity with smartphones.
The size of the screen of a smartphone is quite smaller than that of an LED TV and that is why when you are watching something interesting on your phone, you have often wondered if it would be possible to see the same thing on a TV screen.
You can connect your mobile to your LED television and enjoy the shows comfortably all by yourself or with your family and friends. In this guide, we will be explaining the step by step process of all the ways in which you can connect your mobile phone to your LED television.
How to connect Android Phone with LED TV
There are many ways to connect your smartphone to your LED TV. There are two types of LED televisions: Non-smart LED TV and Smart LED TV.
For the Smart LED televisions, you can connect your phone to the television using Wi-Fi, but in the case of LED Non-Smart TVs, you will need a USB or an HDMI cable to do the same.
1) USB Cable
The most common way in which you can connect your LED television to your Android phone is with the help of a USB cable. If you have a LED non-smart TV, then this is perhaps the simplest way to connect your TV with your Android phone. Follow the steps below to complete this process:
- Connect the LED television’s port to each end of a “USB cable”.
- Take another end of your USB cable and connect it to your Android Phone’s charging port.
- In your android phone, select and turn on the “file transfer” option.
- Now, move to Menu in your LED TV and click on “USB cable” option and the files on your Android phone will then show on the screen of your TV.
- After performing all the steps above, you can simply watch photos, movies, or videos from your phone to your LED television.
2) Micro HDMI Cable
If a USB cable is not supported by your LED television, then you may easily use a micro HDMI cable to connect your phone to your LED TV. You can buy HDMI cables online or from a physical shop. But, before buying one you should make sure whether HDMI cables are supported by your LED TV and then follow these steps:
- Connect one end of the HDMI Cable’s port to your LED TV and connect the other end to your Android mobile.
- Reach to the menu of your LED TV and select “HDMI” as the input source.
- The screen of your android mobile will then appear on the screen of your television.
You will not have to buy any kind of cable or wires if you own a LED Smart television. You can simply link your Android mobile phone with your LED TV through Wi-Fi. The procedure for doing this is very simple:
- Turn on the “Mobile Hotspot” of your Android phone.
- Use the Wi-Fi feature on your LED TV to scan your Android phone.
- When the title of your Android phone’s “Mobile Hotspot” appears on the screen of your TV, select it to connect.
- You can now watch anything on your Mobile screen on the TV.
All Smart LED televisions have the Bluetooth feature. It helps you to effortlessly pair up your smartphone with your LED TV. Just follow the steps given below:
- Turn on the Bluetooth on your Android phone.
- Reach to the Menu section of your LED TV, turn on the Bluetooth feature and scan for devices that are available nearby. When you find your phone, select it and finally, connect to it.
- The files on your mobile will then start appearing on the screen of your LED TV and you can easily play movies or watch photos on your TV.
It is a device that is manufactured by Google and it looks just like a USB drive. You can use Chromecast to connect your Android phone to an LED TV or a computer. Plug the Chromecast into the USB port of your LED television and view your mobile phone screen easily on the TV. Chromecast uses the Wi-Fi signal of your phone. Follow these steps to connect your mobile to your LED TV using Chromecast:
- Plugin the Chromecast into the LED TV’s USB port.
- Reach to TV “Settings” then tap on “Chromecast”.
- Install the Chromecast app on your phone.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi in your mobile and proceed to connect “Chromecast” with your Wi-Fi.
- The display of your mobile will appear on the screen after you have completed the steps above.
How to connect iPhone with LED TV
Besides Android phones, iPhones can also be very easily connected to your LED TV. We all like to listen to our favourite music on our iPhone or watch videos on our iPad. And with the help of a few ways, you can easily watch these things on the screen of your TV.
1) Using an HDMI cable to connect your iPhone to your TV
Using an HDMI cable is the most affordable way to connect your iPhone to your LED television. But, before buying any kind of cable, you should check whether USB cables are compatible with your iPad or iPhone. To use this method, follow the steps below:
- In your TV’s HDMI port, connect one of the ends of the HDMI cable.
- Now, connect the HDMI cable’s other end to the “Lightning Digital AV Adapter”.
- Connect the adapter to your iPhone.
- Switch on your LED TV and use the controls of your TV’s remote to the right HDMI port.
- Your iPhone Screen will now be playing on your LED tv.
2) Using a Plug and Play cable to connect your iPhone to your TV
You can use a “Plug and Play” cable to connect to your LED TV to your iPhone and it is the easiest way to do so. A Plug and Play cable has a USB end and an HDMI cable. Just follow these simple steps:
- Connect the HDMI port of the cable to the TV’s HDMI port and the USB side to your LED tv.
- Connect the Lightning adapter to your iPhone.
- Switch on your television and look for the “HDMI input” that you have selected.
- Enjoy the screen of your phone right on your LED tv screen.
3) Connecting your iPhone to your TV with a Smart TV
Certain televisions have an in-built feature for connecting your iPhone to the main TV. In such a case, you should look for a feature called “Airplay” on your Smart television.
And if your television does not support “Airplay”, then there are certain mirroring apps that can easily be downloaded that allows you to watch your iPhone screen on the big screen of your LED Television. Follow the steps below to make this way work:
- Download any best rated mirroring app on your iPhone, for example: “Nero Streaming Player”.
- Connect your Smart LED tv as well as your iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Choose the content that you wish to stream and tap on the button on your mirroring app.
4) Using Apple TV to stream on your TV
Apple TV has certain features that can be used to instantly connect your iPhone to your Smart Tv or LED tv. Just follow these simple steps:
- Connect Apple tv and your iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Swipe up or swipe down (depends on the iOS version) to open the “Control Center”.
- Select “Screen Mirroring” and then select “Apple TV”.
- Choose the orientation of the screen (Vertical or Horizontal), by simply turning the iPhone.
- Enjoy the small screen of your iPhone on the television’s big screen.
So, these are the few ways to connect your iPhone to your LED TV or your simple Android Phone to your Smart LED television. As technology advances with each passing day, people are looking for ways to comfortably enjoy their entertainment every day.
Not every movie or series is available on the channels that are provided by Broadcasting networks. There are times when you were watching a good movie on your phone and wanted to watch it with everyone.
But five or six people cannot watch one content on the small screen of your phone and that is why you can make use of these ways to connect your Android Phone or iPhone to the big screen if you have a smart LED tv.