A car isn’t complete until you get a decent subwoofer installed in it that you can use to blast energetic tracks with friends or listen to mild music for long trips. As music choice is a variable factor for every individual, the drivers that you are going to use for listening to music needs to be appropriate according to your music taste.
When it comes to subwoofers for a car, there are thousands of different setups available from many different brands that focus on different types of music. Generally, a subwoofer only acts as an individual bass unit. Still, you need to check the following factors carefully before buying a subwoofer:
- Driver Size: Each speaker has a dedicated driver inside that vibrates to create the sound. In the case of subwoofers, the drivers are considerably larger than speaker ones for emphasizing low ends. Still, you should look for a comparatively larger driver to get a deeper bass output.
- Speaker Power: Every subwoofer can produce sound according to its power limitations. For example, you cannot expect the same levels of sound from a 240 watts subwoofer, which is available with a high-end option like 3800 watts or 8200 watts option. But, even too high powered subwoofers are not ideal for many people as it camouflages the overall music with bass.
- Subwoofer Size: Another thing you should carefully check while buying a subwoofer is its size and whether it will fit in the given space or not. Considering the fact that there is a large variation when it comes to car sizes, there is also noticeable variation in available space where you would usually install a subwoofer. Therefore, double-checking the fit is highly necessary before buying the subwoofer.
To make this task much easier for you, we have decided to give you a feature-rich read on the best subwoofers available in India. As we have already researched this matter thoroughly, you can simply take a look at the detailed specifications and best features mentioned with each product and select the one that suits you the best accordingly. We will also recommend you to go through our Buying Guide for the best subwoofers for cars in India to make an enlightened decision.
7 Best Subwoofer For Car In India
|Subwoofers For Car||Max. power||Speaker Size||Warranty||Buy Now|
|Pioneer Subwoofer System||1300 Watt||12 inches||1 Year||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Zoook Moto69 MonsterX1 240-Watts RMS||240 Watt||8 inches||1 Year||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Sony XS-NW12002 12-inch Woofer||1800 Watt||12 inches||1 Year||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Kiano Car Bass Tube||---||12 inches||1 Year||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Infinity Kappa Car Audio Subwoofer||800 Watt||8 inches||1 Year||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Fredo Woofer car/Home/Sound Box||70 Watt||8 inches||1 Year||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|JBL Subwoofer||1300 Watt||12 inches||1 Year||CHECK ON AMAZON|
7 Best Subwoofer For Car In India Reviews
While buying a subwoofer or any other audio-based equipment, it is very crucial to prefer a premium brand like Pioneer if you want a truly great experience and a long time assurance. Pioneer has been producing especially car audio equipment; hence its TS-WX300A subwoofer is surely a great choice.
The most important part of these speakers is that this subwoofer comes with a class D amplifier built into the system, which will ensure high-quality sound output even with low bitrate sound input. The same goes for the bass performance for these speakers as it also has a bass boost circuit, which automatically enhances the bass level to match the 1300 watts power output.
The 12 inches subwoofer allows you to quickly adjust the sound level as well as other parameters via the adjustment board to get your favorite sound taste instantly. Even if you already own a speaker unit in your car, you can simply use the subwoofer as an addition via speaker line connection or by using an RCA connection to complete the system.
- Comes with built-in class D amplifier
- High-quality bass output
- Built-in bass boost circuit
- 1300 watt power output
- 12 inches driver
- Can be used as an addition with an existing set
- Dedicated adjustment board
- Supports RCA and speaker line connections
- 1-year warranty
- Built-in AMP delivers high-quality output
- Large-sized drivers
- Decent power capacity
- Comes at an expensive price tag
- Might not be suitable for compact cars
In the 2nd position, we have decided to feature a tried and tested speaker brand in India when it comes to car audio systems. Zoook has already sold a lot of units in India, and it has received majorly positive feedback from its customers, which makes it very trustworthy.
As the Zoook Moto69 MonsterX1 is designed for compact cars, it has a power output capacity limited to 240 watts. While it will not deliver glass shattering bass output, you can certainly feel the weight of the bass while listening to any music in your car.
The compact Zoook Moto69 MonsterX1 subwoofer features an 8 inches driver with an active sealed slim outer body that makes sure you don’t face any audio leak. Most of the time, car speakers get damaged as the battery input is not entirely stable.
Therefore, Zook has introduced thermal protection, short circuit protection, and an overload protection circuit that gives you full protection against such hazards. It reaches a maximum of 12 dB sound level via the remote control so that you can access the subwoofer adjustment settings wirelessly.
- Designed for compact cars
- 240 watts power capacity
- Pretty decent bass output
- 8 inches driver
- The active sealed slim outer body
- Thermal protection circuit
- Short circuit protection
- Overload protection circuit
- Maximum 12 dB sound level
- Remote included
- 1-year warranty
- Great for low bass levels and compact vehicle
- Premium build quality
- Remote control available for quick access
- Pretty expensive for this power capacity
- Not suitable for bass enthusiasts
If you already own a dedicated audio unit either at your home or in your car, it is highly probable that it is manufactured by Sony as it produces a lot of audio units in India. Therefore, it is ideal to pair it with a similar Sony subwoofer, such as the Sony XS-NW12002.
This is quite a special subwoofer unit as even with a 12 inches driver; it delivers a high sound capacity of 1800 watts, which is enough even for heavy bass lovers. While the peak power stays at 1800 watts, it operates on 420 watts RMS value, which is surely a great experience for listening to a variety of sounds.
The drivers are made up of high-quality ferrite magnet material that will last you much longer than the provided 1 year warranty period as ferrite does not wear out easily. It responds to a frequency range starting from 1000 Hz and goes as low as 32 Hz, which is quite deep for efficient bass reproduction.
The surrounding portion of the driver is covered with a rubber coating that gives the driver a perfect seal. To add up to that, the drivers come in a pentagon shape instead of a design that also reduces distortion significantly as compared to the circular drivers.
- 12 inches driver
- 1800 Watt
- 420 watt RMS
- High-quality ferrite drivers
- 30 Hz to 1000 Hz frequency response range
- Rubber coated drivers
- Pentagon drivers
- 1-year warranty
- Attractive driver design that also reduces distortion
- Affordable price range
- Great power output
- Might not fit perfectly in compact spaces
- Does not have remote access
Kiano supplies the most stylish and user-friendly accessories for your car. The 12-inch subwoofer gives subtle bass inside the car and makes your ride more joyful.
This exceptional device comes with an ampere which means the sound quality you receive is now better than ever. Even the lowest of signals are amplified and the high-quality sound is produced through this subwoofer.
You can have the best auditory experience through this subwoofer with sophisticated and user-friendly controls. It also comes with a frequency controller ranging between 40 Hz and 200 Hz so that you can choose the frequency matching your indoor atmosphere.
You will be receiving the necessary wiring kit in the package including fastening belts and clamps. Moreover, the brand Kiano is offering a 1-year manufacturer warranty on the product.
- 12-inch size
- 40 Hz and 200 Hz frequency range
- 1-year warranty
- 12-inch size
- Frequency controller
- Comes with ampere
- Easy to use
- After-sales service needs to be better
Even though high power capacity means deeper bass output, a large number of the audience does not particularly like shivering bass output as it is uncomfortable and dampens other parts of the song.
Hence, we will focus on a couple of low powered subwoofers for cars, starting with the Infinity Kappa car audio subwoofer. Here, you will have access to a limited power capacity of 800 watts, which is still quite good to listen to but does not fill up the car with just bass sound.
It is obtained from the compact 8 inches drivers, which are still capable of a peak power output of 1600 watts along with an RMS capacity of 400 watts. You will find a dedicated switch on this subwoofer that can switch the impedance within a selectable range of 2 ohms or 4 ohms, depending on your input and audio system.
This makes the subwoofer much more versatile than other options as you can pair it with almost any audio system that you may already have in your car.
- 800 Watts drivers
- 1600 Watts peak power capacity
- 400 watts RMS value
- 8 inches driver
- Switch operated impedance switcher
- 2 ohm or 4-ohm impedance mode
- Versatile choice
- Works with all audio systems
- Highly suitable for previous audio system owners
- Compact subwoofer size
- Impedance switching is great
- No security measures available
- Cannot be used in large cars
As we are focusing on the low powered options right now, let us introduce you to the most affordable subwoofer you can find in India right now. Fredo is providing the Fredo Woofer car/Home/Sound Box at a price tag, which is barely noticeable compared with other options available in India.
But, the price tag is suitable for its capacity and specifications as the Fredo Woofer car/Home/Sound Box has 70 watts power capacity. As you would expect, it is also powered by an 8 inches driver that has an 8-ohm impedance. Still, you can plug in up to a 100-watt amplifier with the subwoofer to get the ideal sound clarity as with a noticeably good low-end performance.
While it trades quite a bit of power for a price tag, it still has significantly great build quality as the heavy magnet woofer weighs around 1.2 Kg. Most importantly, the driver has a rubber cone and runner ring packaging around its periphery for a sleek audio experience. Apart from that, the metallic tags and copper coil on captain paper gives it a premium look.
- Highly affordable pick
- 70 watts capacity
- 8 inches driver
- 8-ohm impedance
- Supports 100-watt amplifier
- Great build quality
- Weighs 1.2 kg
- Rubber cone and rubber ring packaging
- Metallic tags and copper coil on captain paper
- 1-year warranty
- It does not need a significant investment
- Durable build quality which will last for many years
- Comes with 1-year warranty
- Power capacity is too low
- Cannot provide satisfactory bass
The brand JBL is known for its high-quality sound systems desired by people from many countries across the world. From comfortable headphones to subtle soundbars the brand has been supplying the best with superior innovations.
This captivating subwoofer has a frequency response ranging between 23 Hz to 450 Hz. It means the speaker can provide perfect bass tones suitable to your taste.
The woofer is made of very light material that gives maximum woofer efficiency. Furthermore, it offers great control at excursion limits which reduces distortion at high output levels.
It enhances the auricular experience with its subtle sensitivity of 90 dB. Also, the subwoofer works with a maximum power of 1300W with a power handling of 300 W RMS.
- Wattage: 1300 W
- Size: 12 inches
- Frequency response 23 Hz to 450 Hz
- Sensitivity: 90 dB
- 1-year warranty
- Lightweight material
- Maximum woofer efficiency
- Better control at excursion limits
- Reduced distortion at high output levels
- Does not have remote access
Buying Guide For The Best Subwoofer For Car In India
Now that you have gone through the best subwoofers available in India, you must have gathered considerable info about each option. As you must have noticed already, each of these subwoofers offers a varying set of specifications that makes it suitable for a different cause.
For example, all options will not be ideal for you if you have compact space in your car or prefer the loudest sound output. Hence, you need to compare the specifications according to your applications and get the one that suits your needs the best. To help you with that, we are presenting a dedicated buying guide for the best subwoofers available in India right now. Here, you can take a thorough look at the most important parameters of a subwoofer and decide which are the options that you would need the most in your subwoofer.
The wattage capacity available on each variant simply represents its ability to produce bass as well as decides its loudness. The watt capacity selected for the subwoofer on a car is highly subjective and dependent on one’s preference. For example, if you want to feel a little punch of the low end sounds in a track, a 1300 watt subwoofer should be more than enough.
On the other hand, if you want to fully experience glass resonating bass quality, you must own a subwoofer with a high wattage capacity of up to 8200 watts. The wattage also depends on what drover size you are going for, as getting a high wattage subwoofer is necessary if it has a compact driver powering it.
2. Frequency Response
Like the speakers installed in your or any other audio system in the world, a subwoofer also responds to a certain frequency range. This response is the micro-movement of the driver that produces sound from the subwoofer.
In simpler words, if the frequency range of a certain subwoofer is between 50 Hz to 1000 Hz, it will not produce any sound below 50 Hz or above 1000 Hz frequency. While selecting a subwoofer, you should check the frequency response range as the low-frequency response is necessary for generating heavier bass.
3. Form Factor
The form factor should not go unnoticed for any equipment that you are planning to install in a car. As you know, there are different types of classes in cars such as sedans, SUVs, coupe, sport, and much more, which differ a lot in size and space availability. Also, cars from various brands also have major changes in size even if they fall under the same category.
This narrows down the options for a subwoofer quite a bit for a particular model, as not every subwoofer can be suitable for all car types. Hence, you must check the space available in your car before getting the subwoofer to avoid any unnecessary problems in the future.
After taking a look at the price tags for all of the options available for the best subwoofer for cars, you must have noticed that it is not something that you will be replaced periodically. Instead, it is mostly a lifetime investment that only gets replaced with a new car or if there is some irreparable damage to it.
To prevent the latter case, you should opt-in for a reliable option that will last you as long as you will be using the car. The best way to check the reliability of a subwoofer is to take a look at its drivers and check its outer body that ensures build quality. Also, make sure it has a warranty period available from the brand that includes free repairs as well as a replacement for internal failures.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unlike speakers, subwoofers are the part of the audio system that only deals with the low-end sounds and responses to a lower frequency that results in bass reproduction. As the subwoofers feature a comparatively larger driver as well as a large body, it efficiently picks up all of the little low-end sound notes and puts them in the flow of the song to complete the listening experience.
An amplifier simply emphasizes the quality of the music which is being played on the speakers and makes sure that the little details put by the artist do not go unnoticed. There are a few premium options available for a subwoofer that comes with a built-in amplifier. As a result, you will not have to attach an external one if you go with the premium option. In case the subwoofer does not have an amplifier, you can attach an external one that is supported by the subwoofer, or simply not use one at all if you are not an audiophile and enjoy casual music streaming.
The complete audio system in a car consists of multiple audio types of equipment such as a high-quality media player, dedicated speaker units, subwoofer, etc. Now, you can also put only the subwoofer instead of speakers and get the music going. But, due to the lack of support for high-frequency range, you will miss out on most of the vocals as well as instrumental in a track, completely ruining the experience. Hence, it is ideal to pair a speaker unit with the subwoofer. While buying the subwoofer, make sure that it has both an RCA connector and the general speaker line connection so that it can be hooked with any audio system.
A sound system cannot be finished unless you add a decent subwoofer to the system. A subwoofer picks up the low-end sounds from the music and emphasizes it so that you can enjoy it alongside mid-end and high-end tunes. You cannot compare a subwoofer with a regular speaker unit as you will not get vocals and instrument sounds from the subwoofer, whereas you cannot obtain deep bass output from speakers. Hence, you will need to add an ideal subwoofer to your system so that you can enjoy the music completely.
In this article, we provided you with the best subwoofers available in India, along with detailed specifications and pros as well as cons with each option. With this information, you can easily pick up the best options amongst all options that you seem fit according to your use. There is also a buying guide present in our article, which you must follow if you want to get the perfect subwoofer. But, if you want a little more help, take a look at our top recommendations given below:
- First of all, we will recommend the Fredo Woofer car subwoofer as it will be available to you with almost negligible expanse as compared to other options. Although, it’s extremely affordable price tag justifies its low power output of 70 watts, which is good enough for casual use. These speakers have 8 inches drivers available, which are almost similar to many high-end options available on our list.
- On the other hand, if you own an open car with no roof or windows, you will certainly need subwoofers as powerful as the Generic Yokoma Subwoofer for Car Audio for Low-Frequency Bass units. These 12 inches subwoofers can produce insanely loud bass and low end sounds with a high power capacity of 8200 watts. Although, we will suggest you not use this subwoofer at peak audio under a closed car for safety purposes.
- As a more balanced and overall efficient option, we will suggest you go with the Sony XS-NW12002 subwoofer. It is driven by a 12 inches driver and capable of producing decent sound levels with 1800 watt power output. Also, Sony is quite an experienced brand when it comes to audio-related equipment. Hence, there is no second doubt about the audio quality as well as the reliability of this subwoofer.
Make sure to share your thoughts in the comments section. You can also post any questions down there if you have any!