Skating is one of the best hobbies for kids – as it will teach them balance and improve body flexibility.
To perform skating safely, you need a good pair of roller skates. Wrong choice not only causes discomfort but also hinders performance and lead to potential accidents.
In order to choose the best roller skate in India, we recommend considering below factors…
Rollers skates are available in two types – Incline and Quad.
- Quad – It has 4 wheels – 2 placed at front and 2 at the back. They are best suitable for beginners, especially kids as they are more stable and provide better stability.
- Inline – It has 4 to 5 wheels placed in a single line. They are best suited for professionals and adults as they are specially designed for speed skating
Choosing right size shoes roller skaters is very important because – If skates are loose, then maintaining balance is difficult and can lead to possible accidents. If skates are too tight, then discomfort caused by it can hinder your performance.
- Adults – Size of skates for adults is same as their normal shoe number. You can choose better running or sneaker design based on your convenience.
- Kids – Because of their growing age, parents generally purchase one size bigger than their general shoe number. However, this can be dangerous as already mentioned above. We recommend going for adjustable roller skates for kids.
Other factors to consider are wheels, durability, frame, bearings and boot design. We have clearly mentioned then in our “BUYING GUIDE“.
Best Roller Skates For Kids
|Roller Skates||Type||Wheels||Bearing||Plate Material||Buy Now|
|Roller Derby Girl's Roller Skates||Quad||54 mm||608Z||Plastic||Check the Price|
|Nivia Super Inline Skates||In-line||80 mm||ABEC 5||Aluminium||Check the Price|
|Cosco Sprint Roller Skates||In-line||80 mm||ABEC 7||Aluminium||Check the Price|
|Hoteon Inline Skates||In-line||--||--||Aluminium||Check the Price|
|Jaspo Blue Derby Intact Roller Skates||Quad||60 mm||Anti- skid vinyl||Plastic||Check the Price|
|Klapp Inline Skates||In-line||100 mm||ABEC 5||Aluminium||Check the Price|
|Jonex Fix Body Senior Roller Skates||Quad||NA||Carbon steel||Aluminium||Check the Price|
Best Roller Skate Reviews for Kids
Roller Derby Skate Shoes occupied 1st position in the list because of the exceptional quality and comfort. There are very good Amazon reviews and ratings for this roller skate.
Compared to other roller skate brands, it is available in white, pink color combination and is best to use only for girls. It is available in different sizes – small, medium and large to support different age group children.
When you look at the skate shoes, you may notice the frame that can be adjusted with a simple push button and the bearings helps to rotate the roller skate shoes. The 54 mm of urethane wheels makes easy to move smoothly on rigid surfaces.
In a nutshell, Roller Derby Skate Shoes best to use for beginners who love to skate. The size of roller skate can be adjusted to certain extent as the children grows.
For boys, it’s better to use Roller Derby Adjustable Roller Skate that is available in small to medium sizes. It is made of good quality materials and hence the prices are high than the above-mentioned model.
- 54 mm urethane wheels.
- Cam-lever buckles closure.
- Adjustable size roller skate.
- 608 Z accelerator bearings.
- Push button adjustable frame.
- Best suitable for girls up to 6 years.
- Lightweight roller skates (1.81 Kg).
- 14*12*5 inch roller skate dimensions.
- Looks beautiful white and pink color combination.
- Not suitable for teenagers.
- Soft cushions easily come out of the shoes.
Next one in the list is Nivia Roller Skates. It is a decent quality product that has a rugged and sturdy build design to steal the customer’s attention.
The 4 wheels are made from polyurethane material of size 80 mm to move freely even in hard surfaces. The ABEC 5 carbon steel bearings ensure longer life.
The frame is made of aluminium material which gives a strong support to wheels and shoes as well. Once you look at the rear-side of skate shoes, you will notice built-in brakes to give a support and ensures safety of children.
To add on, this amazing roller skate is available in different sizes, color combinations and affordable too. It is best to use at both indoors and outdoors without any worries. The major drawback is the manufacturer did not offer the shoes for teens, adults and elders. Other than that, it’s totally a good one to purchase.
- Built-in brake system.
- Comes at affordable prices.
- AB EC-5 Carbon Steel bearings.
- Durable and robust build design.
- Wheels made using polyurethane materials.
- Attractive black and blue color combination.
- Bit heavy weight.
With the increase in demand for health and fitness, many brands have come with new innovations and failed to match with the customer requirements. This Cosco roller skate is a perfect model to match with the beginners and hobbyists.
Cosco sprint roller skate brings joy and happiness into the lives by offering premium quality materials to support the foot size and does not make any side-effects.
It is of type imported inline skate and has a breathable shell which gives a comfortable feel and also delivers top notch performance.
The durable and large sized wheels come with bearings to generate high speed and ensures precise turning, flexibility. Aluminium frame offers greater stability to those who skate on roads, skate-paths, etc.
On the whole, this is one of the most popular and high-quality roller skates in India. It’s best to use for children above 8 years to offer the smooth skating experience. Just like other famous rolling skate brands, it is also available in multiple colours – blue, red, yellow and sizes to match with the different age group people.
- Very economical to buy.
- Durable aluminium frame.
- Low rolling resistant nature.
- Imported inline type roller skate.
- Breathable shell and big wheels.
- Available in different sizes and colors.
- Poor quality inner soles.
Kamachi provides you the inline skate shoes that will make your child roll on wheels. It comes in shoe shape with an adjustable inline that you can change as per the foot length.
The shoe comes with hi-quality wheels and hi-quality bearings installed on a reinforced aluminium frame, which gives smooth skate run on the track. It has a breathable liner for the air to pass to provide comfort. You can adjust the shoe tightness depending on the adjustable Velcro strap.
Behind the skates, there are Brake Stopper, which will manage to reduce the speed of skates. The handle strap allows you to carry the skates easily. The Vibrant graphic details and color variation, such as blue and red color, excites children.
In short, it is best for beginners, kids, or junior to whom the game is new. Also, this is perfect for boys. For girls, it is better to use Roller Derby Girls Adjustable Roller Skates.
- Aluminum tough frame
- Break Stopper to reduce speed
- Adjustable size of skates
- Push-button adjusting frame
- Lightweight thus best for children (2 kg 220 g)
- Sporty color with 3D Design
- Handle body weight up to 100 kg
- Not for uneven roads
When it comes to choosing the best roller skate for children aged 6-14 years, nothing can match with the Jaspo Roller Skate.
In contrast with other brands, this skate shoes come at low prices to make the gaming device accessible for everyone. Thus it is considered as one of the best budget roller skates in India.
What is included in the package?
- Knee pads
- Elbow pads
- A baggage and
- Pair of roller skates
Helmet is made using harden PE shell i.e. multiple vents with soft inner lining to absorb the pressure. Whereas, knee pads and elbow pads are made of 4-layer fabric materials to adjust the elastic belt and Velcro gives a strong support so as not to fall down.
Toe stopper provides control and the 60 mm high speed ball bearings is incorporated in a anti-skid vinyl wheel to provide smooth and proficient moments while skating. You can also adjust the size of roller skate to match with the children foot size.
Jaspo Roller Skate – Useful Tips and Precautions
- Wear sports shoes while you skate.
- Must wear helmet and safety pads while you skate.
- Children’s must be supervised under professionals for safety reasons and to guide them.
- Do not pour or use grease and any other oils in wheels. Instead use kerosene oil for lubricating the wheels.
To conclude, the performance of Jaspo roller skate is good and best matches with the requirements of children by supporting both indoors and outdoors. This amazing product is available in Blue color and weighs about 2.30 Kg which makes slightly difficult to play with. Also, the build quality is not up to the standards.
- Light weight fiber chassis.
- Durable polyvinyl wheels.
- Cheapest roller skate in India.
- 30 Kg of roller skate weight.
- Suitable for children 6-14 years.
- Toe stoppers for greater control.
- Breathable foam at inner lining.
- Knee pads, elbow pads, adjustable elastic belt, Velcro.
- Heavy weighted roller skate.
- Build quality is not so great.
Klapp is a newly launched company that is offering variety of gaming products like dumbbells, skateboard, gloves, cricket bats, badminton and much more at reasonable prices.
The one we’re discussing is Klapp Inline Roller Skate. This is the only product in the list that is made in India by using high quality materials and best to use for unisex – both boys and girls.
The wheels are made using the rubber material which is of size 100 mm and have ABEC 5 bearings. 3 wheels at the front, back and the middle helps to move at the corners and other rigid surfaces freely without causing any discomfort.
The frame is made using the air grade aluminium material to give a strong support to the wheels and shoes. Push button on the frame helps to adjust the skate as per the user convenience.
Overall, this is a perfect roller skate for beginners, intermediate level and advanced level skaters. As they are made of fine quality materials, tends to have longer lifespan.
- Made in India.
- Adjustable button to fit the shoes.
- Suitable for both girls and boys.
- Budget-friendly roller skate shoes.
- Available in medium and large sizes.
- Wheels are made of rubber materials.
- Customer’s complaint about the product quality.
Skating is more fun when you have the right pair of Jonex Professional Shoe Skates. This skating helps to stay strong, healthy and also make you learn new skating techniques. For this reason, most of the children opt for this model.
The bearings of this inline skate are made of carbon steel material to give a strong support and stability to the skaters. 4 wheels are made of polyurethane that are highly durable and allows the skaters to do certain stylish moves. Aluminium chassis frame gives a strong support for the wheels and the boots as well.
Wrapping, this Jonex roller skate is the best quality skate shoes in the market and also offers decent performance because of the smoothness and comfortable gripping. The only thing most people complaint is the wheels damages quickly on hard surfaces.
- 4 polyurethane wheels.
- Helmet and skate shoes.
- Aluminium chassis for strong support.
- Made of sturdy and durable materials.
- Available in different colors and sizes.
- No brakes to control.
- Wheels get damaged quickly.
Roller Skate Buying Guide – How to Choose the Roller Skates?
Most of the kids spend their time watching TV or playing on mobile. If you want them to avoid gadgets and spend some time outdoors, then skating is one of the best options. To choose the right roller skate for your kid, we recommend considering few factors – we have mentioned them below for your reference.
1. Types of Roller Skates
This is the first important factor to consider while purchasing roller skates. They are categorized into two different types – Incline and Quad. Detail description of each type is provided below.
a) Quad Skates:
These skates have 4 wheels – 2 at the front and 2 at the back. As it provides better stability and balance, quad roller skates are prefect for beginners. They are suitable for artistic skating and indoor skating. Drawback of this roller skate is that it doesn’t provide support to ankles and take more pressure to pick speed.
b) Inline Skates:
These skates have 4 to 5 wheels placed in a single line in the middle of the skate shoe. As it doesn’t provide much balance while skating, so incline rollers are suitable for professionals. They are best suited for adults as they provide strength to both legs and ankles. It can be used for outdoor skating as well. They are specially designed for exercising and speed.
Roller skates are available in several different styles. We have mentioned them below for your reference. Read them carefully to know which one suits you.
- Roller derby Skates: This style of roller skates is designed for those who plan to take part in competitive leagues. It provides durability, quick acceleration and precise turning capacity. They have higher cut ankle support which lets you skate your moves easily.
- Artistic Skates: This style of roller skates is also called recreational skates or indoor skates. Artistic skates feature high-top boots for better control and ankle support and harder wheels suitable for skating on smooth indoor surfaces.
- Outdoor Skates: This style of skates come with softer wheels that provide better shock absorption and are suitable for all-terrain skating.
- Speed Skates: This style of skates is specially designed to attain and maintain high speeds. Low cut boot design of the skates provides better range of ankle movement. They also have higher ABEC bearing which let you skate at higher speed.
- Indoor Skates: They are suitable for using at the rinks, indoor tracks and gyms. Their wheels are specially designed to glide smoothly. Due to tuff wheels, they work best on hard and even surfaces.
- Rink and Rhythm: These skates are prefect for dancing, maneuvering, gymnastic skating. They have smooth and easy moving wheels.
If you don’t choose the size properly, then you may end up with loose or tight skate shoes. If the shoes are loose (even one size more), then you cannot maintain the balance properly. If the skate shoes are too tight, then you will feel uncomfortable while skating, which can affect your performance as well. Closely fitted size ensures proper support, balance and performance. So, make sure to purchase the right size.
For adults, they can choose roller skates based on their regular shoe size. They can choose either running or sneaker model based on their convenience.
But when it comes to kids, choosing size is a bit difficult task. Due to their growing age, kids need a new model within a year or so. So, some parents purchase shoes that are one size bigger than their current size. However, loose fitting shoes can lead to possible injuries. Because kids cannot control or balance on loose fitted shoes. If kids wear multiple socks to cover the gap then, it can lead to insufficient ankle support and moisture buildup as well.
To solve these issues, you can go for a model that comes with size adjustability. This lets your kids use the shoes for a longer time.
They play an important role in the performance of roller skates. While checking the wheels, you have to consider different factors like hardness, size and durability.
- Hard/Soft – This mainly depends on your skating style. Soft wheels are considered perfect for outdoor skating. While hard wheels are perfect for slippery indoors. If you are a beginner, then soft wheels are suitable as they provide better grip and you don’t have add additional pressure to move them. Hardness of a wheel is usually referred in durometer. Higher the number, harder the wheels. Durometer of 73A to 85A is considered as soft wheels. If you want hard wheels, go for higher numbers.
- Wheel Size – It also plays an important role in the performance. On an average, 62mm is a typical size available in roller skates. This number provides stable gravity which makes it perfect for beginners. Large wheels are easy to travel in faster speeds but they can be a bit tough to maneuver. If you have to perform nimble movements and tricks, small wheels are perfect.
Apart from these two, you have to consider durability of the wheels as well. Because low quality wheels tend to wear off quickly. High quality ones ensure longevity, balance and stability.
Frame of the roller skate acts as a base or connection between wheels and shoes. It binds the two parts together which helps to make the moves easily. Most of the roller skates in India come with aircraft grade aluminum material, which can withstand the unpleasant conditions. So, it will last much longer.
Boots of the roller skates should match the frame size perfectly. If not, you will experience pain and discomfort while skating. Roller skates mostly come in wither high or low boots. Higher boot provides more balance, control, and support to ankles. Low profile boots are mostly found in recreational models like racing or roller derby. They provide excellent freedom and ease of movement.
If you are beginner or purchasing a kid, then consider hard boots as they are durable and can handle more wear and tear. Soft boots are flexible and provide great comfort. However, they provide less support, especially to ankle. And moreover, they can easily get damaged as well.
Bearings play an important role in terms of performance and speed. So, you have to pay special attention while purchasing them. If you choose a cheap quality one, it can hinder your performance. And moreover, it has less lifespan as well. Quality of bearing is usually determined by ABEC. Model with higher ABEC rating is sophisticated and smooth. And it also represents resistance to dust, dirt and water. Ideal ABEC rating for roller skates is considered as 5 to 7.
This factor is very important if you are choosing roller skates for kids. Once you have decided with size, check the quality, adjustability and fitting of straps. If the strap has loose fitting, then roller skates can get pulled from feet, leading to serious injuries.
9. Sturdy and Attractive Design
Everyone gets attracted to the roller skates that have attractive design and crazy color combinations. The durable quality roller skating brands should be your top choice while purchasing the product. Because, the high-end models work well and lasts longer compared to low quality roller skates.
10. Price and Warranty
This bring us to the end of buying guide session i.e. price and warranty information. Just like any other product, you set the budget limit and accordingly pick the appropriate model for the specific needs.
If you are on high budget, go with the advanced models that come with more flexible options. Otherwise, opt for the basic roller skate brands. So, it’s an individual’s choice to come with the right decision while buying the roller skate online.
You should also look after the warranty information given by the manufacturer which typically varies from 6 months to 24 months.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Roller skate is a perfect device for exercise as it is used to improve the health by burning the body fat and strengthens the leg development.
Inline and quad roller skates are the best skate types used for beginners. They help the newbie’s to learn and experience the skating without any fear and teach them how to balance the roller skate.
The only difference between the indoor skate and outdoor skate is the usage and wheels. In outdoor roller skate, wheels are soft nature that helps to move freely in rigid surfaces. Whereas, indoor skate wheels are bit harder than outdoor quad skates to give smooth roll only on soft medium.
Youngsters make skating as a hobby to enjoy and play with friends. At the same time, it is one of the beneficial activity which helps to reduce the weight at certain intervals. You will definitely see the results if you do skating on a regular basis.
As per the recent studies, if you skate for 1 hour you may probably lose 540-680 calories. And it may vary from person to person depending on the body weight.
Once, you start using the roller skates, it’s good to wash and clean the skates once in every 2 months. Cleaning the skate shoes thoroughly deters the mud, and dust particles and improves the lifespan.
This brings us to the end – conclusion part. All the above-mentioned skate shoes are perfect in one way or the other. Though there can be little difference, every roller skate shoe is best in its own way. Still, if you have doubts in selecting the roller skates reading buying guide mentioned in the article.
Of all the popular brands and choices available in the e-market, we’ve finalized Roller Derby Skates as the best among the top 7 roller skates because it is made of fine quality materials to offer comfort and use conveniently.
They offer the skate models in bulk by featuring different colors and sizes – small, medium and large to support different age group children.
What have you decided? Which roller skate brand you’ll buy? If you have any doubts or queries, feel free to share with us in the comment section. We’ll clarify them as soon as possible.