Cleaning your car or motorcycle with soap water and sponge is a very time taking, messy and tiresome process. With pressure washers, you no longer have to waste your weekends in the cleaning chores.
A pressure washer is a cost effective and efficient equipment that uses high pressure water spray to remove stubborn and dry mud, dirt and grime from surfaces of cars and bikes. Apart from that, it can also be used to clean building walls, furniture, driveways, etc.
While purchasing a pressure washer, it is important to consider certain factors like power consumption, nozzle, hose length and others. Read our “BUYING GUIDE” to know more about these factors and specifications.
Moving further, we have also shortlisted the best pressure washer products in Indian market after hours of research and rigorous testing. We have also provided a detailed description of each product in this article.
Best Pressure Washers In India 2019
|Pressure Washers||Power||Pressure||Flow Rate||Warranty||Buy Now|
|American Micronic-AMI-PMI-1500-WDX Pressure Washer||1500W||120bar||390L/hr||1 year||Check the Price|
|STAROW3 Electric High Pressure Washer||1800W||120bar||210L/hr||1 year||Check the Price|
|Bosch Easy Aquatak Compact Pressure Washer||1500W||120bar||350L/hr||6 months||Check the Price|
|AllExtreme EXW3112 Pressure Washer||1200W||1450PSI||300L/hr||1 year||Check the Price|
|Karcher K2.360 Pressure Washer||1400W||120bar||360L/hr||1 year||Check the Price|
A Detailed Review of Each Pressure Washer
American Micronic is a well-known brand across the world. Since its conception in America, it has been providing several products that include vacuum cleaners and pressure washers. All their products have been getting a great applause for quality and efficiency.
Versatility, highly powerful motor, quick connect fitting and other amazing features have roped first place in our shortlisted. According to our research and trial, this product really deserves to be in the first position.
American Micronic AMI-PMI is a revolutionary high pressure washer which help to clean your car and bike within less time and minimal effort. On an average, it approximately takes 5 minutes to wash a two-wheeler and 10 minutes for a four wheeler using this pressure washer.
Apart from cleaning car/bikes, this pressure washer is also capable of cleaning surfaces like roofs, terraces, driveways, courtyards, garage and others. Multi-function nozzle is the reason why this product is versatile in its working functionalities.
Having sturdy wheels and easy-fold handle, this device is portable to carry to any place. The manufactures have given a brilliant space-saving design, so it can be stored easily in any closet. Auto-stop function is quite helpful if you have frequent power cuts and power fluctuations.
This pressure washer consumes 1500W power, pressure of 120 bar and flow rate of 390 l/h – which provides ultimate cleaning experience. It is specially designed for residential and personal use. So, not applicable for commercial usage.
The package of American Micronic AMI-PMI includes pressure washer, pressure gun, hose pipe, instruction manual and 1-year warranty card. If you have any repairs and replacements within the warranty period, then home service is provided to rectify them.
Things We Liked:
- High-performance motor
- Adjustable spray nozzle
- High efficiency spray gun
- 5-meters hose length
- Integrated accessories holder
- Auto-stop system
- IPX5 water protection class
- Suitable for residential purpose
Things We Didn’t Like:
- A bit expensive
- Makes noise
STAROW3 is one of the famous brands for pressure washers across the world. This product comes with number of components to offer you the best ever experience in cleaning the home, and vehicles – bikes, cars.
The reason why it has taken second place in our list – is its portability and compactness. Being small and light in weight, it can be transported to any place without any hassle. And moreover, it doesn’t take much space for storage. Auto cut-off feature will switch off motor and the device to provide extra safety when the power or system (like pump) failures occur.
Apart from cleaning cars and two wheelers, this product is also suitable for watering flowers, cleaning windows, washing bathroom, washing floors and others. It consumes 1800Watts to provide high efficiency of pressure.
Though it has high performance motor, it doesn’t make much noise like the first product from our list does. The ergonomic design of the water gun provides a smooth and convenient grip in any angle.
It uses water efficiently as this product uses only one bucket of water to wash the entire water. The 5-meter long outlet cord enables to reach even difficult areas with ease.
This product doesn’t require much maintenance. Manufacturer is providing 1-year warranty for any defects and faults.
Things We Liked:
- Easy to carry and handle
- Maintenance is not much required
- High performance motor
- Easy to transport
- 5mtr outlet pipe
- Copper winding for longer life
- Auto-stop function
- 1-year warranty
Things We Didn’t Like:
- No proper customer service
Bosch is a globally recognized brand that provides premium quality products with high standard services to the customers. Among their wide product, Easy Aquatak has grabbed a place in our shortlisted pressure washers in India.
This product provides an effortless solution to most of your cleaning needs. It is a perfect device for cleaning dust, oil, grease, rust and other impurities present on desk, walls, swimming pool areas, outdoor garden, furniture’s, cars, trucks, garbage cans, animal cages and many other cleaning tasks.
The presence of 1500-watt motor and a high pressure of 120 Bar makes ideal for everyday cleaning. A 350 liter/hr of water flow rate ensures fast washing of bikes, cars, patios, etc to remove unwanted dust particles.
The quick connect fittings saves your valuable time by changing the nozzles and auto stop function will stop the pressure automatically when the water tank becomes empty or finished the cleaning process.
The durable and fixed gripping handles makes easy to carry and reduces the strain on your back and arms. It comes with a fixed fan jet nozzle which quickly covers large areas and a detergent nozzle for easy operation.
Bosch Aquatak is suitable for small houses but if you want a pressure washer which handle hard and large areas, then choose Bosch AQT 35.
Things We Liked:
- Made of high quality plastic material
- Quick connect facility
- Compact and portable
- 1500Watts of power supply
- Efficient water filters for cleaning
- Easy to clean and maintain
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Only 6-month warranty
AllExtreme is a multi-national company that brings innovative designs into the market at reasonable prices. This product is equipped with powerful motor which generates 1450PSI water pressure at 300L/Hr water flow.
Apart from cars and bikes, you can use this pressure washer to remove dirt and grime from patios, driveways, outdoor furniture, and more. It is equipped with a detergent tank and sprayer which blast and wash away the dirt for restoration.
The high pressure washer hose offers quieter operation and will save water. The package provided by the manufacturer includes extension pipe, adjustable wand, extension pipe, pressure washer sprayer, pressure gun and supporting accessories.
Things We Liked:
- Quieter operation
- Detergent tank and sprayer
- Easy mobility option
- Versatile usage
- Comes at affordable price
- Suitable for many cleaning chores
- High pressure electric washer
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Doesn’t contain washing brusher
Though this product comes last, Karcher Washer is my personal favourite and the best electric pressure washer under 10000. This lightweight and portable pressure washer comes with finite number of features to offer you the best washing experience at home and other commercial places.
The machine comes with extremely powerful motor which supplies 1400-watts power to perform the efficient cleaning function. Moreover, it comes with auto-on/off option which means the motor can be switched to on and off modes as per the requirement.
Dirt blaster has a rotating nozzle that utilizes 50% more power to wipe out the grime and sticky dirt on the pathways. The pressure hose makes easy to connect the machine with pump for smooth operating. Thus it evenly spreads the water at a flow rate of 350 liter/hr and 110 Bar of pressure rate.
The manufacturer offers 1-year warranty which provides a better security. All the counter parts are supplied along with the kit and you don’t need to buy them separately.
Things We Liked:
- 1400- Watts of power usage
- Onboard storage for accessories
- Maximum of 110 bar pressure
- Easy to store and shift to other places
- Compact and light weight
- High performance
- Made with German technology
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Short hose length
- Doesn’t come with wheels
How to Choose the Right Pressure Washer?
If you are experiencing issues trying to figure out what kind of pressure washer is appropriate for you, then this buying guide will enlighten you. It has all the factors and related information to choose wisely.
1. Different Types of Pressure Washer
Based on their working principle, pressure washers are divided into two categories – gas pressure washers and electric pressure washers.
a. Gas Pressure Washers
These machines run completely on gas. It delivers high pressure water to quickly clean the debris on large areas like pathways, surfaces and decks without using any sort of harsh chemicals. With this machine, you will have the capability to set the nozzle at wider angles for best efficient clean. It is capable of removing chewing gums on walls, floors without much stress.
|Delivers high-pressure water||Noisy and heavy|
|Capable of cleaning large areas like driveways, decks, and others without chemical usage||Using it for longer periods can overheat|
|Can dispatch even tough gunk like chewing gum, tree sap and others||Expensive to purchase|
|Nozzle can be set for wider angles||Bulky design structure|
|If not handled properly, explosion can occur|
b. Electric Pressure Washers
These machines run by utilizing electricity for cleaning areas. This machine is best suited for small areas, bikes, cars, and small patios. They don’t produce any sort of exhaust emissions.
Electric Pressure Washers
|Come in affordable prices||The cleaning time is more|
|Appropriate for cleaning small areas||If not properly used, you may experience shocks|
|Compact and light in weight||Produces very less time|
|Does not emit any harmful exhaust emissions|
The motor fixed in the pressure washer powers up the pump. Different models have different kind of motors like universal, induction motor or water cooled motor. Universal motors are the most cost effective and lightweight. They are perfectly suitable for small and light cleaning jobs. Induction motors are pretty heavy so they provide powerful cleaning performance and last long. Water cooled motors are much expensive but more reliable than other types.
A pressure washer requires pump to force the water out. There are three types of pumps that include wobble pump, axial pump and triplex pump. Most of entry level or cheaper pressure washers have wobble pump. However, they have a short life. Most of the heavy-duty washers have triplex pump. They have a very long life and durable even though you use it on a daily basis. Most of the mid-range pressure washers have axial pumps which have a better life than wobble pumps.
The hose provided with pressure washers vary in length, material and connection type. It is best to choose a pressure washer that comes with decent length of hose so that you can move around while cleaning. Hose diameter should range between 1/4 inch and 3/8 inch to have a decent flow rate. The most common hose material is plastic, but a polyurethane hose is always welcome for better flexibility and durability.
5. Water Flow Rate
Water flow rate is another important factor that should be considered before you make a purchase. Because, the water flow rate will let the user understand how much time the device takes to finish the water present in the tank when used for cleaning or washing of cars, bikes, glass windows, etc. The electric pressure washers come at a flow rate ranging from 300 liter/hr to 390 liter/hr which is good at cleaning the surfaces in just a matter of 5-10 minutes.
6. PSI and GPM
The kind of jobs can a pressure washer handle, usually depends on the its pressure output. Usually, it is measures in PSI (pounds per square inch) and GPM (gallons per minute). A pressure washer with higher PSI and GPM provides better and faster cleaning. However, they will cost a bit more than a pressure washer with lower-rated units. Below is a table representing PSI, GMP, type and capability.
7 .Power Consumption
Most of the pressure washer machines present in the market are electric ones. On an average, these machines consume from 1200Watts to 3000Watts depending on the motor capacity and usage.
8. Hot/Cold Operation
It is best to opt for a pressure cleaner that can emit both hot and cold water. Hot water is undoubtedly more efficient at removing caked up mud and dirt compared to cold water. However, a pressure machine having both these options can be a little expensive. So, consider your budget as well which making the purchase.
A nozzle is a small tool used to control the direction of water/fluid. Besides, it also controls the flow rate, speed, mass, shape, and finally the pressure emerging from the nozzle. This nozzle also plays a prominent role in deterring the dust and unwanted particles present on the surfaces. There is an option for you to set the speed of water ejecting from the nozzle to low, medium and high modes as per the requirement.
So, it’s better to choose a pressure cleaner that comes with interchangeable nozzles. Different sized nozzles and types – jet, turbo, and rotary nozzles help to spread out the water at varying pressure and cover different amount of area.
- Jet nozzle ejects the gas or fluid from a coherent stream to the surrounding medium. They have the capability to travel over a long distance with a universal directional throw while performing the cleaning function. They are made of aluminum material and as a result it generates little noise and has a low pressure drop.
- Rotary nozzle sprays the water/ fluid in a circular motion so that the gums or sticky substances present on the walls can be removed effortlessly. They have high flow rate which is good to use for cleaning garden furniture’s, patios, sideways, and other commercial complexes etc.
- Turbo nozzle is a device used to increase the effectiveness of high-pressure water by spinning of water in a circular direction at high speed. Further, it cleans up the dirt and other impurities 40% faster than standard spray nozzles. These are mostly recommended to use for cleaning bricks, concrete walls, marble floors, toughened glass windows etc.
10. Price and Warranty Information
Every one of us have different budget preferences. f you’re on limited budget, then go with the basic models that offer reliable performance by featuring finite number of components. Electric pressure washers come at cheap rates compared to gas pressure washers. In case, if you wish to have high end pressure washers then look for smart options and accessories that makes the cleaning process easier (in less time).
When it comes to warranty, most of the branded models offer the warranty services ranging from 6 months to 1, 2-years. In case of system/machine failure you can get it repaired (with new accessories and spare parts) for free of cost.
Benefits of Pressure Washer
Electric pressure washer is a great way to bring healthy environment to homes. It is a cost-effective method to add curb appeal and make the home look fabulous. Apart from that, it has other benefits as well. We have mentioned them below… Check it out!
- Pressure washers are much affordable than regular car cleaning at showrooms.
- Protects against home exteriors from harmful bacteria, viruses, fungi and pathogens.
- It is very easy to setup, install, maintain and clean up the pressure washer system.
- Keeps your family and children safe from allergies and harmful diseases.
- Saves time in removing unwanted particles when compared to traditional cleaning methods.
- Easily cleans certain hard to reach areas like corners, beneath the furniture’s etc.
- Makes you avoid costly cleaners and the usage of harsh chemicals for cleaning the house.
- Comes with finite number of attachments like hose, nozzle, pipe, brush, etc to offer best cleaning services
- Helps to clean fencing, garages, outdoor walls, grills, patios, decks, swimming pools, garden furniture, walkways, cars, bikes, glass windows, parking zone, interior walls, floors and marble surfaces etc.
Drawbacks of Pressure Washer
- There is always a chance of slight damage to the car exteriors.
- Though pressure washers are not a complicated piece of equipment to handle, if instructions are not properly followed then it can lead to damage to the house/object or operator.
- If you use high pressure setting than required, then it will the car’s/wall exterior paint.
Safety Tips to Consider While Using a Pressure Washer
Just like any other machines, you have to consider following certain safety precautions while using a pressure washer. Here are few tips to make sure the safety around these devices.
- Before using the pressure washer first time, make sure to read the instruction manual provided by the manufacturer. This manual contains all the valuable information on how to use this device properly.
- While using the device, make sure to wear protective goggles as the pressure washing process can send some dust or debris flying into the eyes.
- It is also advisable to wear ear buds. Usually some pressure washers don’t make much noise. But some of them can be really annoying.
- While operating a pressure washer, make sure to stay on a flat surface, especially not on ladders because the spray pressure can make you go off balance and you will fall down.
- Make sure to use the right spray setting and nozzle. Observe the distance between the nozzle tip and you before switching on the machine.
- Always place the electric power washer in an area where the water splash or spray doesn’t reach it. Though these devices are designed to be waterproof, as they still run on electricity, it is still dangerous.
- Avoid pointing the pressure washer gun at yourself, animals, other people, kids, plants and any other object that cannot withstand the pressure created by the machine.
- While in use, make sure to keep the pressure washer away from electrical appliances, power lines and fixtures.
- Never plug a pressure washer to an extension cord. The improper setting can cause electric shocks which can be fatal. It should always be plugged directly into a wall outlet.
- Avoid overheating the machine (especially the gas pressure washer) as it can lead to explosion and fatal injuries.
- When you are cleaning the exteriors and walls, make sure to set the nozzle to low/medium. If you set it high, then it may chip off the paint.
- It is very important to apply the right amount of pressure. If you don’t know the pressure, then start with low pressure and slowly work to the higher settings.
Some Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Are pressure washer safe to use on any cars?
Yes, pressure washers are completely safe to use on cars as they come with a PSI setting of 1200-1900. This range refers that it will not damage the car exteriors that include number plates, paint and others. Pressure washers come with different set of nozzles. Read the instruction manual provided by the manufacturer to know the right nozzle and use it for cleaning the car. If you are new to using pressure washer or do not know the right speed setting, then we recommend to start with lower setting and gradually increase to know the right one.
2. What accessories are provided with a pressure washer?
Most of the pressure washers come with several attachments that include soap dispenser pipe, powerful gun, hose, lance, 3-in-1 nozzle, power cable, brushes, spray bottle, transparent water filter, adjustable wands and others. These attachments help to improve the efficiency of machine and cleaning. However, the number of attachments you get depend on the model, cost and brand.
3. Why is my pressure washer not working suddenly?
The common problem might be either the pressure washer is damaged or installed improperly. And also check if water is coming out from the nozzle. Some of the other common reasons for pressure washer failure are faulty pipe, power failure, hose and others. Check out the root problem of the failure and try to correct it. If you still can’t figure out the problem, then visit the nearest service center for getting it repaired.
4. What is the average lifespan of pressure washer?
If the pressure washer is being used for residential purpose, it is can last for only few hours in a well. So, the pressure washer will last for 7 – 10 years based up on the usage, application, accessories, power utilization and other factors. However, if you are using it for commercial purpose, then the life span will be reduced to 3-5 years.
5. Which brand of pressure washer is best?
The market is filled up with many options that include Bosch, OEM, StarQ, Mecano, Tech Trendz, Krevia, ResQTech and others. According to my personal opinion, brand doesn’t really matter. Check out the model, its specifications, accessories and others to find out the right one as per your budget.
6. Is pressure washer capable of removing oil stains?
Yes, a pressure washer can remove oil stains from walls, driveways, and furniture. You have to set the power nozzle to medium-high mode for best effective cleaning.
7. How does an electric pressure washer work?
The working principle of an electric pressure washer is – first detergent is added to the spray bottle and cold water is filled into the tank. When the machine is switched on, the electric motor starts working. The water pump draws water and detergent and mixes them together. Some of the pressure washers have the capability of controlling the temperature of water mixture (i.e at 50 ˚C – 70 ˚C). when you trigger the gun, water is ejected through the nozzle. You can set the pressure level as per the requirement before switching the machine on.
8. Can I put bleach in my pressure washer?
Bleach is a well-known chemical agent to remove mold, mildew and grime from the walls, driveways and other hard areas. But as it is a chemical product containing sodium hypochlorite, it is very corrosive. It can cause harm to your pressure washer hose and your home exteriors as well. Most of the manufacturers do not recommend using bleach in pressure washer. Damages caused by this chemical agent are not covered in the warranties as well.
9. How long does it take to power a house?
Typically, the amount of time taken to pressure wash a house depends on 30 minutes to 2 hours. Additional time for preparation and transportation may take 15 – 30 minutes. The time period may also vary depending on how big your home is.
10. What is the appropriate pressure required for a car wash?
The appropriate pressure washer setting for a car wash is 1200 – 1900PSI. This is setting is completely safe as it doesn’t damage the paint or exteriors of the car. When it comes to GPM, experts recommend a pressure washer with 1.4 – 1.6GPM.
Few Words Before Wrapping Up…
Pressure washers are great source of handling some tough cleaning chores. Apart from cleaning vehicles, they also help to remove mild, grime and dust from patios, decks, drive ways, pathways, walls, and others. But while using a pressure washer, you have to be very careful and follow all the instructions mentioned by the manufacturer. If not properly followed, then it can lead some fatal injuries.
If you are new to using a pressure washer, then start with slow speed settings until you are comfortable with higher settings. If you have no idea on how to choose the right pressure washer, then read our buying guide. It helps you make an informed decision and save your money as well.
If don’t have much time, then pick any one from our list of products. These shortlisted pressure washers are carefully selected after many hours of research and rigorous testing.
As per our choice, American Micronic AMI is the perfect option. It is a heavy duty pressure washer with high performance motor. Adjustable spray nozzle, inlet quick connector, hose length, and auto-stop system are some of its amazing features.
Which one you like the most? And how did you choose the right pressure washer? Brand Vs Price? Feature Vs Benefit? Share your doubts and experiences with us in the comment section given below. We’ll clarify them as soon as possible.