Waiting for your water to get heated on a very chilly morning or worse, a cold evening is a nightmare right? The best of the instant water heater could heat up you a bucket worth of hot and boiling water in just about a minute or a few seconds. No more waiting long waiting times for the water to get heated.
This is because instant water heat water as the name suggests, heats water in an instant unlike a storage water which stores and then heats. This main difference between instant water heater and storage water heater makes it more desirable than its counterpart.
With lot of different models available in the market it is difficult to choose the one that suits you the one that works better. Today in this article we are going to help you with the best instant water heater for your home.
Attached to this article a comprehensive “buying guide” that includes all the steps and tips one need to follow. Now let us jump into the article without any further ado.
Best Instant Water Heaters in India
|Instant Water Heaters||Capacity||Pressure Capacity||Warranty||Buy Now|
|Bajaj Flora Instant Water Heater||3 Litres||8 barr||2 Years||Check the Price|
|Racold Instant Water Heater||3 Litres||6.5 Barr||2 Years||Check the Price|
|Crompton Instant Water Heater||3 Litres||6.5 Barr||2 Years||Check the Price|
|Crompton Greaves Instant Water Heater||3 Litres||6.5 Barr||2 Years||Check the Price|
|Havells Instant Water Heater||3 Litres||6 Barr||5 (on tank) + 2 (on product) Years||Check the Price|
|Morphy Richards Instant Water Heater||3 Litres||6.5 Barr||5 years (Tank), |
3 years (heating element)
2 Years (Product)
|Check the Price|
|V-Guard Water Heater||3 Litres||6.5 Barr||5 years (on tank), 2 Years (on product)||Check the Price|
7 Best Water Heater Reviews in India
Reasons why you should buy this heater
- From the trusted house of Bajaj
- 8 Bar Pressure Rating so it can withstand high pressure thus is a best fit for high raised storeyed apartments and buildings
- Has a thermoplastic outer casing to prevent any corrosion or rusting
- Neon indica3tors specifies when the device is on and is heating the water.
- Comes with a fire retardant cable that adds additional safety
- Comes at a very reasonable price
- 2 Years manufacturing warranty
- Durable body
- Superfast water heating
- 3000 watts power usage
- 1 meter cord available with the device
- No free installation for 1 and 3 litre models
- Connector pipes should be bought separately
Our Review of Bajaj Flora 3 liters:
The Bajaj Flora, on the outer looks, has a moderate to contemporary egg-shaped design. Instant in operation, you can expect it to deliver hot and steamy water from anywhere between 25-30 seconds of time.
A perfect fit for a family of four, you can install this small and portable water heater it comes with a 1 meter long plug wire which dictates that you need to install it a bit closer to the power socket.
The 8 bar pressure rating helps in smooth flow of the hot water even if you are living in a very high rise building or an apartment. The Fire retardant cable adds to an additional safety to the device.
With a 2 year warranty and a robust, thermoplastic outer body which prevents rusting and corrosion, the Bajaj Flora is a great buy for budget friendly middle class households.
A 2 or even 4 member family need not wait for a long time till the next person baths for hot water. The Racold Pronto Neo’s 3kw and 3 litre water heater is one of the top performing instant water heaters in India.
Reasons why you should buy the Racold Pronto Neo
- Anti-syphoning system prevents any backflow of water after it is heated
- Auto-cut off option has the capacity to control the temperature
- 6.5 bar pressure capability can push up hot waters even in high rise buildings with ease
- ABS material for greater toughness of the body. Doesn’t break down easily
- 3 level cut of mechanism for enhanced safety of the product and for users too.
- Energy efficient water heater.
- 3 liters of inner tank capacity.
- High powered heating element.
- Warranty – 2 years on heating element, 5 years on tank.
- No free installation available
Our Review of the Racold Pronto Neo Instant Water heater:
This wonderful product comes with a tank of 3 liters capacity, 6.5 bar pressure to boil the water instantly and use in high rise buildings and high-pressure pump applications.
It’s a great combination of elegant design with technology and style. This instant geyser is made up of ABS body material that offers toughness, and high heat resistance.
Auto-cut off option controls water temperature to ensure safety and the anti-syphoning system prevents the backflow of water in a tank. To add-on, the 3 level safety mechanism – cut-off, thermostat, and safety valve protects against the high temperatures and pressures.
Overall, this Racold instant water geyser performance is excellent and best to use in kitchen and bathrooms. If you are seriously looking for an energy-efficient water heater, then this product comes with beneficial features and also minimizes the electricity bills.
Reasons why you should buy the Crompton Solarium DLX
- Great egg shell minimal design. Fits perfectly to any corner or wall of the bathroom or kitchen
- Thermal indicators let you know when the water is hot and ready to be used.
- Multifunctional Safety plug will maintain optimal pressure and relieve if any more pressure builds up. Saves bursts or leakages thus.
- 6.5 bar pressure makes it easy for the water to travel in high rise buildings too
- Thermal cut out feature makes sure that the device is cut off from power if the temperature exceeds a pre set level.
- 3 Litres capacity
- ABS Plastic durable body
- High quality Copper heating element
- Coated with rust free paint for long life of drum
- 2 Years manufacturer’s warranty
- The hot water outlet has low number of threads due to which not all types of pipes can fit. You need to buy a separate washer to fix pipe
- Installation kit is not sufficient. You may need to buy a plug or two again from the outside.
Our review of the Crompton Solarium DLX
With a generic yet minimal looking design and a 3 litre capacity, the Crompton Solarium DLX is a great fit for homes of high and even low rise too.
It looks minimal in design, has a very compact body that can be fixed on any corner preferred. The 6.5 bar pressure makes it easy for the water to flow to any sort of high rise buildings. A multifunctional plug is given for additional safety that prevents pressure build up related damage by releasing the pressure whenever it is built up.
At 3 litres capacity and a durable body, the crompton solarium comes with ABS plastic durable body and a high quality copper heating element. The entire inner is coated rust free to prevent any kind of damage.
It comes with a 2 years manufacturer’s warranty for any kind of malfunctions during the tenure of the warranty.
Yet another addition of instant heaters from the house of crompton, the Greaves Bliss is a 3 litre instant hot water machine that is not only stuns you with its performance, but also its appealing and decorative design.
Reasons why you should buy the Crompton Greaves Bliss
- Great and visually appealing design that adds to the decor of your bathroom
- Unwelded and stainless steel tank that has a very minimal chance of getting damaged or rusting.
- Special type copper element for faster heating of water
- Multifunctional safety valve for added safety of releasing pressure when there is any pressure surge.
- Dual and easy fitting of pipes to the outlets and the inlets of the water heater
- Supports a family of 3 or 4 persons
- 6.5 bar for easy maneuvering of the water to even high rise buildings
- Rust resistant and durable ABS plastic body
- 3 litre capacity
- 2 years manufacturer’s warranty on the product
- Have to buy the connector plugs outside of the package
Our review of the Crompton Greaves Bliss:
The crompton greaves is a design and aesthetic improvement over the Crompton Solarium. While the core functionality of both of these products is virtually the same, you will find that the unwelded tank is an additive to the Greaves Bliss.
As it is build out of ABS plastic outer body, it is rust resistant and the internal body is coated with rust free coating.
This product can smoothly operate and satisfy a family of 4 members and the special type of copper element used in it can give reduce your time of wait by giving you fast and very hot water.
6.5 bars of pressure capability, which is actually a common phenomenon in 3 litre instant water heater models, can push up and supply water to dual bathrooms in high rise buildings too.
With an exception of the additional parts being bought from the outside, this easy installable instant water heater comes with a 2 years manufacturer’s warranty is a best go for it buy option.
Havells needs no introduction to the Indian buyer community. With a wide range of home appliances havells has been a trusted brand for over 60 years. The Instanio instant water has a premium look and feel to its aesthetics and comes in two different colours.
Reasons to buy the Havells Instanio instant water heater:
- A premium large styled design for an instant water heater and comes in 2 different colour choices
- Comes with a fire retardant power cord which can work on high pressures of 0.6 Mpa and thus is ideal for high rise buildings and houses
- Ultra thick stainless steel internal tank of 3 litre capacity for sturdy and non breakable design.
- Rust free non ferrous pressure plate for no nonsense operation
- The high quality copper heating element is Incoloy glass coated and thus has a very long life and does not get damaged very easily
- LED that changes colours depending on the temperature of the water is always a handy aspect.
- Sturdy and rustless ABS plastic body
- Thermal cut off as a safety feature to prevent any damage to the heater in cases of extremely high temperatures
- 5 years warranty on the inner tank and 2 years warranty on the overall product.
- Takes a little longer than most instant heaters to heat up the water
- Ideal only for 2 member family.
Our review of the Havells Instanio Instant Water Heater:
Havells resonates trust and consistency. This is clearly evident in their 5 year inner storage tank warranty (there is also the 2 year product warranty).
Though there is a small discrepancy in terms of the heating time, havells surpases these with its great and supreme build quality, innovative and cutting edge heating element protection units and what not.
Available in white and blue combo or white and mustard colour combo, the Instanio has a futuristic Ironman inspired central LED lighting. This glows and changed colours depending on the change of the temperature of the water inside the tank as it gets heated up.
While that is a cool factor, the incoly glass coated copper wiring, the ultra thick stainless steel tank are a few more cool and useful features to mention. As it is with most of the products, it also has a thermal cut off, a 0.6 Mpa pressure capacity and, as mentioned a solid warranty period.
As is the case, even with a 3000 wattage, there is the issue of slow heating time and also is not suited for big or medium sized families of 3 or above.
Morphy Richards Instant Water Heater is yet another smart choice for all your needs in the kitchen and bathroom during chilling winters. It is considered as the best water heater for home and commercial places because of the high heating performance and flexible usage capabilities.
Reasons to buy the Morphy Richards Quente:
- Ideal for large spaces, it adds great style to bathroom and kitchen decor while the prismatic design gives a perfect balance to the instant geyser to mount easily on walls without damaging the product.
- Comes with a whooping warranty of 2 years on product, 3 years on heating element, and 5 years on the inner tank
- Has 2 separate light indicators one for the power button while the other monitors and lets you know of the heating temperature of the device.
- Rust free protection and sturdy ABS plastic body
- Easy to carry and relocate.
- Superior heating element.
- Comes at reasonable prices.
- Stylish and prismatic design structure.
- Nothing specific to mention
Our Review of the Morphy Richards Quente 3 litre Instant Water Heater:
The 3 liters of geyser tank capacity supports small families consisting of 3-4 members. Once you switch on the power supply, the water gets heated up instantly and you don’t need to wait anymore to experience hot shower bath.
The 2 indicators are included in the device, one for power on/off and the other for heating element. It will let you know when to power up the geyser and change the temperature settings as per your bathing requirements.
This vertical wall-mount water heater is great for large and big spaces and adds a great style to bathroom and kitchen decor. We’re also impressed with the excellent warranty services of 2 years on product, 3 years on heating element, and 5 years on the inner tank. Also, the product is eligible for full money refund within 10 days of delivery time.
To conclude, the performance of Morphy Richards water geyser is good. It comes at inexpensive rates so that the customer can buy water heater without any delay.
A simple and non-flamboyant design of instant water heater from the reputed house of V-Guard, the Iris instant is a great product that promises continuous hot water supply for bathroom and kitchen at the same time
Reasons to buy the V-Guard Iris Water Heater:
- Impromptu continuous hot water supply for a very long time
- Outer body is built with long lasting rust resistant engineered polymer.
- Inner tank made out of sturdy 304 grade stainless steel
- Has a superior quality PUF insulation to prevent any heat loss of the water that is once heated
- Built to withstand high water pressures and the 6.5 bar capacity makes it ideal even for high rise buildings.
- Heating element with a very long life
- Value for money
- Comes with a 5 year inner tank warranty and a 2 year product manufacturer’s warranty.
- Installation is not quite easy
Our review of the V-Guard Iris instant water heater
It is simple, not stylish yet appealing and most importantly, delivers on its promise of performance. It is the V-Guard Iris, instant water heater.
While the technology used within the device is not revolutionary, but it sure has a consistent and powerful delivery. The standard 6.5 barr helps with a good water pressure even in high rise and multi storey buildings and even apartments.
The outer body is crafted to be look new and rust resistant for years to come while the inner tank of the water heater is built with high quality 304 grade stainless steel. No more breaking news.
PUF insulation present within the system helps to keep the hot water hot and not turn into cold water anytime soon. Also, there are a lot of inbuilt safety systems that give you a safe and warm user experience. With a 5 year inner tank warranty and a 2 years product manufacturer’s warranty, the V-Guard Iris is a good buy option for families of size 3 or 4.
What is an instant water heater?
Also known as a tankless water heaters an instant water heater, as the name suggests provides instant hot water and thus avoid any water wastage. Instant water heaters do not have Storage tank there is no chance of storing hot water this makes the device small and compatible it also consumes less space then storage water heater. Before knowing which is the best version to pick, you need to know how an instant water heater works.
Working of an instant water heater:
The instant water heater works on the principle of heat exchange. Storage water heaters have a storage tank which stores water engine sheets this container and then the water from the container is flow through pipes.
- In a tankless water heater or an instant water heater, there is a heat exchanger instead of a storage tank. This heat exchanger contains coils and other heating element through which water passes.
- When you open the tap and the Water tankers, the heat exchangers activate.
- The incoming flow of water is circulated through the activated heat exchanger water is expelled and the heat of the exchanger is infused into the water.
- This instantly heats of the water inside the pipes.
- This form of cheating requires a lot of electricity or gas or any other system of heating.
Factors to Consider while choosing Best Instant Water Heater
1. Types of Instant Water Heaters:
Thought the principle of operation of an instant water heater is the same, it has two different types of modes. These type of heaters are of two types are as follows.
- Point of use heaters
- Whole house heaters
Point of use heaters are small in nature and provide hot water in one or two outlets of your house. You can either heat the water in your kitchen or your bathroom or just both. They are very small and can easily fit on top of the shower or any corner of the bathroom or even under the sink. They are preferred by small families and bachelors because they are small, easy to use and they do not have lag time, that is the time taken for the hot water to reach your outlet. The types of water heaters are usually electric in nature. And they also consume a lot of electricity.
The second type of instant water heater is the whole house water heater. As the name suggests it does not need only one outlet. It has more than one outlet but it consumes energy it has a lot of lag time. It is usually chosen by largest families and bigger houses. Whole house water heaters are not only electric but they are also gas propelled.
2. Water Tank Capacity
Knowing the water tank capacity helps to decide the right one matching with the family size and to your home/bathroom size too. Most of the instant water heaters in the list come with a tank capacity of 1-3 liters of water which makes it good enough for small families to perform activities like hand wash, face wash, cleaning utensils, bucket and shower bathing.
But a 1,2, 3 or 6 litres capacity does not need to be the only thing you have to consider while buying an instant water heater. Different homes and different family sizes need different sizes of the tanks.
Given below is a table that will let you understand how many liters of water tank capacity supports which family size. Have a look!
Water Tank Capacity Vs Family Size
|Water Tank Capacity||Family Size||Application|
|1 Litres||Singles/Bachelors (1)||Face wash|
|2 Litres||1 – 3 Members||Washing utensils|
|3 Litres||2 – 4 Members||Bucket bathing|
|5 Litres||4 – 5 Members||Shower bathing|
|10 Litres||6 + Members||Hand wash, dishes, bathing|
3. Hardness of Water
Hard Water is a bad news to your water heater’s health. Hard water is nothing but water with high mineral content such as magnesium and calcium which is not exactly a health hazard but can damage your clothes, containers and equipment it passes through. If the water you use contains more salts and minerals then it’s a clear indication of hard water which damages the lifespan of the geyser.
Try to be sure that the water you use for your daily usage is soft water. The best solution is to use corrosion-resistant water tank to avoid damage for heating element. It is also recommended to use a water softener inside the steel tank to convert the hard water to soft water.
4. Power Consumption
Let me establish this first that Instant Water Heaters are notoriously known for their energy consumption.
A quality and best water heater should consume less power but provides hot water within a few seconds while turning it on than any basic instant geyser models. A lot of companies promise miracles on touch but often than not, they are all false.
So, it’s important for an individual to choose the energy-efficient water heaters for home without falling into the marketing gimmicks.
In general, the energy efficiency of a water heater is determined by its energy star rating (5-star is mostly preferred). Higher the BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency) star rating less power consumption and thereby increases the lifespan.
Typical storage geysers have a 2 KW power rating but instant geysers tend to have near double of that rating from 3-4.5kw. But your choice should also be considered while looking at your neighbourhood too.
For instance, you are living in a metropolis such as Mumbai or Bangalore, if all the houses in your vicinity are using 5 Kw instant water heaters, it will inadvertently cause load to your grid and cause it to trip or worse, fail.
Hence before going for a flamboyantly costly or high powered machine, please consider your surroundings and the capacity of your areas transformers and your own house wiring.
5. Stylish and Attractive Design
It is also important to look after the build design and quality. If the product you purchase has average build quality, then the electric water heater may damage quickly resulting in a huge loss – power issues, water leakage, improper functioning etc. It’s totally a waste of your time and money.
Also, nowadays people are showering their interest to the high-class geysers so as to fit perfectly into the home interiors and look stylish when you place in kitchen or bathrooms.
6. Check Online Prices and Warranty Information
At this point, almost everyone knows that offline prices have a large gap with online prices. So it is important to compare the product you choose to that of the same product available in different portals. While Amazon is the defacto trust house for quality, you need to check with the warranty information of the product.
Popular brands offer high quality products along with the standards customer support services. When you find a damaged piece, visit the authorized service center to get repair for free of cost. Whereas, the cheap quality models has less lifespan and do not provide warranty information too. So, it’s better to go with the high-end geysers that offer decent performance throughout the usage.
7. Smart Features in Instant Water Heater
a) Temperature Control
Tankless water heater comes with an adjustable temperature controller to set the water temperature at a steady rate. If you run the water quickly, then the water won’t be too hot. Hence, it’s good to maintain the ideal temperature conditions to flow the water and warm water instantaneously.
Understand that not every model comes with a temperature control option. This is usually a high end version option and basic versions have a default water boil temperature setting.
b) LED Indicators
LED indicator is a must-have feature in water heater that helps the user to know what operation is carried out. Ideally speaking, the water geysers come with 2 LED indicator options – green and red light. Green light indicates the power on/off and red for heating element.
c) Auto off Feature
This is an important feature of any water heater that automatically turns of the appliance even if you forget to switch off the heater after use. This feature helps to save electricity and protects the heater from burning or damage.
d) Pressure Valve
You should never forget about the pressure valve. Because, a pressure valve in a geyser plays a prominent role that allows hot water to fill in the bucket at the outlet pipe. It is made of sturdy materials, hence there are less damaging the valve. The bigger the pressure valve, the higher is the water pressure.
Pressure valves are usually narrow, thus give very narrow stream of hot water. Takes a few full minutes to fill up the bucket of water. Hence, look for a model with a slightly less narrow pressure valve. You don’t want to wait for a long time to get the already heated water right?
Advantages of a instant water heater:
- Faster and instantaneous water heating for bathing and regular usage purposes
- Smaller body makes for easier fitting to almost any corner of the bathroom, kitchen or any room required.
- Most instant water heaters are “tankless”. This means that there is no tank that first needs to be filled and then needs to be heated. Water gets heated on the go.
- As they heat only when required, this adds to the safety of maintaining them.
Safety Tips and Precautions While Using Water Heater
- Always keep the surroundings of water heater clean and hygiene.
- Keep the device away from combustion and flammable materials.
- Do not allow your children to touch or play with the water heaters.
- Save your electricity bills by keeping the temperature to low/medium.
- Make sure the LEDs, switches, pressure valve are in good working condition.
- Never forget to switch off the geyser once you collect bucket full of hot water.
- Clean the device once a week to prevent from blockage, rusting and other issues.
- If you do not know how to install the water heater, make a call to the professionals.
- Choose the right sized geyser for your home purpose and keep it at certain height.
- Set the water temperature as per washing or bathing needs using the adjustable control knob.
- Do follow instructions, installation steps and warning labels given on the user-friendly manual.
- When you buy water geyser online, check the product quality, price and warranty information.
Frequently Asked Questions ?
As the names suggest, a storage geyser uses a storage tank to first store water and then heat it. An instant geyser does not have a storage tank. It just heats water on the go. But it has a limited capacity of heating compared to a storage water heater.
For individuals and people who live in small spaces, it is always ideal to go for an instant geyser as they have small requirements and it does not consume a lot of space too.
Though instant geysers use heavy load, they can be power saving as they only operate when you need hot water. Storage geysers work to heat and store a large quantity of water thus may not be ideal for electricity bill savings.
Bajaj Flora 3-Litre Instant Water Heater is one of the best instant water heater available but then, depending on your requirements, usage, preferences and multiple other factors, your choice can change. Be sure to check out all of the top rated heaters mentioned in the article above before making a decision.
With an incredible 8 bar pressure rating, thermoplastic outer casing to prevent corrosion fire retardant cable for extra safety and a super fast heating time, the Bajaj Flora stole out spot of being the best instant water in India. While that was our pick, we encourage your opinions and thoughts. What did you think of our list? Do you have a better product in mind? Do let us know in the comments section below.
Also, if you have any query or questions regarding instant water heaters or heaters of any kind, please feel free to write to us in the comments section below. Our team of home appliance experts will write back to you at the earliest.