Tired of drinking instant coffee and looking to taste different varieties of coffee, then it’s time for you to try French press coffee. French press is a simple, faster, and classic way to brew coffee.
One can easily brew coffee and find a different taste. The heavenly flavors, textures and aroma of coffee can be easily extracted with this French press. There are some variations among the French presses.
Also, this coffee maker comes at a less cost (affordable option) than so-called high-performance coffee machines. So, one has to check the 3 main factors while buying this French press coffee maker.
Body Parts – Although, French press coffee maker comes with several small parts but there are 3 main components – carafe, plunger and lid, in which one should check while selecting this French press coffee maker. Also, remember to check the material (stainless steel/glass/plastic) used for its manufacturing.
Filters – Some models come with dual filters, 3 level or 4 level filtration systems in which the additional filter would take care of the grounds in case if they escaped from the first filter. This will ensure you from the finer tasting coffee without getting grounds.
Size – French press coffee makers come in a variety of sizes and some common sizes available are 3-cup, 6-cup, 8-cup & 12-cup presses, in which the 1 cup is being measured as 4 ounces. So, choose the best one as per their requirement / family size.
Apart from these 3 main factors, there are various other factors which you have to consider before buying. To get a clear idea on how to choose the best one, we are providing you with a “Comprehensive Buying Guide” along with some best top selling French Press Coffee Makers in India.
Let’s know all about French Press Coffee Maker.
|French Press Coffee Maker||Material||Capacity||Filtration Process||Warranty||Buy Now|
|InstaCuppa French Press Coffee Maker||High Grade Stainless Steel||1000 ml||4 levels||1 year||Check On Amazon|
|InstaCuppa French Press Coffee Maker||Stainless steel plunger and glass carafe||600 ml||4 levels||1 year||Check On Amazon|
|Cafe JEI French Press Coffee and Tea Maker||Stainless steel plunger and glass carafe||600 ml||4 levels||1 year||Check On Amazon|
|Bison International Stainless Steel Press Coffee Maker||Stainless steel plunger and glass carafe||600 ml||4 levels||1 year||Check On Amazon|
|Bodum Brazil French Press Coffee Maker||Stainless steel plunger and glass carafe||354 ml||3 levels||---||Check On Amazon|
|Instalite French Press Coffee Maker||Stainless Steel||600 ml||4 levels||---||Check On Amazon|
Best French Press Coffee Makers in India: Reviews
After a thorough research and review on a lot of products in the market, we have finalized a list of 6 best French Press Coffee Makers in India. Go through these products and choose it wisely, as per your requirement.
InstaCuppa French Press is our first best French press coffee makers. It has a classic coffee maker appeal with highly polished stainless steel body. This sleek design will make it fit perfect in any modern kitchen.
It is made from professional grade 304 stainless steel material with double walled vacuum insulation, which helps to keep the coffee hot for a longer time, rather than glass or thinner steel models.
This French press coffee pot comes with a 4 part superior filtration system that ensure you little to no grinds in the brew (no more muddy coffee). The stainless steel mesh filters will seal aroma, locks coffee flavor and restrict the grounds getting up into the drink.
This coffee pot won’t break easily (drop proof) and rust proof that lasts longer with less maintenance. The 1000 ml large capacity of this coffee press will allow you to brew coffee for your family. Its non-slip, cool-touch (or heat resistant) handles are easy to grip and easy to pour the coffee through v-spout without spilling.
It comes with multipurpose functionality in which you can use this coffee maker to make tea, cold brew, lattes, cappuccinos, espresso, almond milk, hot chocolate, frothed milk, fruit infusions or squasher, cashew milk and other herbal drinks. Also, it comes with a coffee scoop and 2 extra mesh stainless steel filters are included as accessories with every purchase.
This French press comes with 1 year warranty for any manufacturing defects. The sides are 33.33% stronger and thicker and the dual filter screen will result in less sediment. Also, you can grab this BPA free product at an affordable price.
Procedure – Add 1 round tablespoon of coarse ground coffee in this French Press. Then pour 1 cup of hot water in the coffee pot, make sure to leave a space of about 2.5 cm at the top and stir well. Place the plunger and turn the lid to close it. Push the plunger down after 3 – 4 minutes. Finally, pour coffee into your cup through spout.
Things we liked:
- Coffee stays hot for a long time due to its double walled insulation.
- Sturdy, durable & long lasting with its high grade stainless steel break-free body constriction.
- Designed effectively to resist corrosion.
- Easy to grip handles and easy to pour V-spout will allow you to pour the coffee effectively.
- Value for money.
- Comes with larger capacity of 1000ml (or 10 cups).
- It has multipurpose functionality and dishwasher safe product
- It is easy to use and easy to clean.
Things we didn’t like:
- A little bit pricey product.
This is another best product from InstaCuppa, which manufactures high quality stylish products. This French press coffee maker comes with a measurement markings on the glass carafe, which allows you to brew the coffee perfectly (with right amounts of water & coffee) in less than 3- 4 minutes.
This coffee pot is filtered with 4 part superior filtration system and thereby ensures you a little to no more grinds (or no more cloudy coffee) in the brew. The coffee plunger is made with premium grade 18/8 stainless steel and the carafe is made with extra tough borosilicate glass, which won’t break easily.
The 600 ml capacity of this coffee pot will allow you to brew coffee needed for you at any time. It has easy to grip cool touch handles and you can easily pour the coffee through V-spout without spilling.
This BPA free product comes with 1 year warranty for any manufacturing defects. It has multipurpose functionality that allows you to use it not only to make French Press coffee but also use it to milk frother, latte, espresso, cappuccino, herbal teas or any loose leaf tea, fruit squasher, etc.
You can also get a protective sleeve (to protect the coffee maker against accidental damages / scratches), 2 extra mesh filter, cleaning brush (soft sponges like bristles to clean it quickly), & small coffee scoop as accessories along with this coffee maker.
Things we liked:
- Premium quality with measurement marking on the glass carafe.
- Comes with 4 level filtration, stainless steel mesh filters, easy to grip handle and easy to pour V-spout.
- It is strong, sturdy, durable and long lasting.
- It is easy to use, easy to clean and leak proof.
Things we didn’t like:
- There may be a chance of glass breaking when hot water is poured in this coffee maker.
- One drawback / design flaw is that the glass carafe and the lid doesn’t fit snugly in the frame.
- The quality of this product is not up to the mark.
Note: Don’t microwave or deep freeze the InstaCuppa French Press.
The Cafe JEI offers best products at affordable price and provide assurance about their products which are made with 100% food grade material to keep their customers health safe. The exclusive designs of this cafe will make their products unique and also have an excellent after sale services.
It is designed in the European style and comes with a 4 level filtration system in which double stainless steel screen filters on the plunger with a spring loaded base plate and final top lid strainer to provide a perfect brew with less or no grounds. Remember that it is a BPA free plastic lid strainer.
This coffee pot is perfect to make other types of coffee, tea, cold brew, milk froth, espresso or latte. It is made with premium quality stainless steel with resilient shine (anti-rust) whereas the carafe is made with thick, tempered and transparent borosilicate glass to withstand hot water.
The coffee pot handle is sturdy, non-slip and made with heat resistant material that allows the user to hold it easily.
You can get 2 extra stainless steel screen filters, coffee measuring spoons, cleaning tool, and set of 4 coffee coasters along with this French Press coffee maker. It comes with a capacity of 600 ml and 1 year replacement warranty on any of its manufacturing defects.
Things we liked:
- Built with fine quality food grade material.
- Comes with various features like 4 level filtration system, 600 ml capacity, non-slip handles, heat resistance borosilicate glass, & 1 year warranty.
- It is durable and leaf proof, which in turn make this purchase as value for money.
- Measuring marking on the carafe will allow you to brew the coffee effectively.
- It is easy to use and easy to clean coffee maker.
Things we didn’t like:
- A little bit overpriced product.
- Although, its quality is good but the glass portion gets detaches easily from the steel frame.
- Also, the lid is not fitted properly.
With Bison French press, you can make a tasty cup of coffee (just like world class barista standards). This coffee maker extract the essential oils and delivers a unique flavor directly to your coffee.
This Bison French press is specially designed to have a 4 level filtration system with 3 piece stainless steel infuser filter system that definitely ensures you less to no ground in your coffee (won’t make it cloudy or muddy coffee). So, you can enjoy either fresh French coffee, espresso, tea or cold brew for years to come. The design is inspired by Barista, which comes with style and durability.
The metal piece of this coffee pot is made with 304 stainless steel which gives a resilient shine and protect it from rust whereas the carafe part / glass tea pot is made with tough borosilicate glass, which makes it resistant to thermal shock. It is portable, and small enough, which makes it easy to use for traveling or camping. You will get a French press coffee, espresso and tea maker of about 600 ml (4 small cups or 2 coffee mugs), 1 filter screen and 1 coffee scoop spoon from this package.
This BPA free product ensures that the material is made with food grade quality and it comes with 1 year replacement guarantee on any manufacturing defects.
Things we liked:
- It comes with 4 level filtration that won’t allow any ground into the coffee.
- It is BPA free product and built with premium quality stainless steel and tough glass.
- It is small and compatible in which you can carry it easily to anywhere (traveling outside or camping or in offices).
- You can make either hot or cold coffee, as per your interest due to its glass carafe.
- It is strong, durable, easy to use, easy to carry and easy to clean.
- Value for money
Things we didn’t like:
- Be careful while cleaning the glass carafe why because if may fall off accidentally.
- The capacity of this coffee pot is small, which makes it not suitable for large families.
The Bodum Brazil French press coffee maker comes with an attractive and functional design that comes with durable, ultra-light, heat resistant borosilicate glass carafe along with polypropylene (BPA free) handle and base, which allows the user easy to use & easy to clean it regularly.
The 3 part stainless steel plunger with a fine mesh filter will allow having a premium extraction of the coffee (including its aromatic oil and flavors). All parts in this coffee pot are dishwasher safe.
You can get a tasty cup of coffee by simply adding course ground coffee and hot water in this coffee pot and press it gently to brew the coffee. It comes with a capacity of 3 cups (12 oz or 354 ml or 0.35 L).
Things we liked:
- 3 part stainless steel plunger, BPA free plastic handle & base, borosilicate glass, and stainless steel plunger will make the coffee maker easy to use and easy to clean.
- It is sturdy, lightweight, durable and long lasting.
- It enhance the maximum flavor from the coffee beans to make you enjoy every sip with a great taste.
- Comes with 1 year replacement warranty and serves with a capacity of 3 cups.
Things we didn’t like:
- A little bit pricey product.
- The quality of the product is not up to the mark.
InstaLite is a local Indian brand offering different products ranging from French-press coffee makers to infuser bottles. Their French press coffee maker has been one of the best-selling models in Amazon because of its elegant design and ease of use.
It has 600ml capacity which assures 6 cups (100ml) of coffee every single time which is adequate for a whole coffee loving family.
This coffee maker comes with a 4-level filtration system which includes 3 different filters (1 cross plate, 2 double mesh and 1 spiral plate). These filters will make sure left-over coffee grounds never pass through them, resulting in a delicate, high quality and fine textured coffee.
Multi-purpose usage is another benefit of investing in this coffee maker. Apart from making coffee, it can be used to make milk foam and tea. And moreover, it is compact and portable. So, you can carry it to trips, office, camping and travels.
Coming to its construction, all the metal parts (filters, base and lid) are made up of high quality 304 food grade stainless steel. Apart from being durable, this material is rust resistant as well. The carafe is made from high quality borosilicate glass that can withstand boiling water without any issues. So, this French press coffee maker can last for a long time.
Though it has several parts, it is quite easy to disassemble and clean this coffee maker. Clear instruction on how to use, how to clean and do’s & don’ts are provided in an instruction manual provided by the manufacturer.
The only downside of this product is that – no warranty details are mentioned.
Things We Liked:
- Excellent brewing experience
- It is thick enough and sturdy.
- The four-part filtration system avoids any coffee grounds.
- Easy to use and clean
- It is portable to carry anywhere.
- Well suitable for a large family as it has a capacity of 600ml
- No need for electricity
- Stylish design
- Value for money
Things We Didn’t Like:
- It is not dishwasher safe.
- You have to be careful when cleaning; otherwise, the glass beaker may break.
Buying Guide for French Press Coffee Maker:
French press (also called as coffee press, coffee plunger, press pot or cafeteria) is the best & delicious coffee I ever tasted before. If you want to buy and taste this French press coffee. Then here is a buyer’s guide which help you to know how to choose and which factors to be considered while purchasing.
Take a look and know all about French Press Coffee Maker before buying.
Advantages / Benefits of French Press Coffee Maker:
Apart from providing great taste for the coffee, this French Press comes with a lot of other advantages, which are mentioned below.
- It is cheaper (affordable) than any other coffee maker machines.
- It won’t require any filter replacements, as it not made with filters.
- It doesn’t use any electricity and works manually.
- Unlike high performance costly coffee machines, there are no repairs in this French Press. You can simply brew coffee and clean it, which results in low maintenance and lasts longer.
- Coffee brewed in French Press will release a rich content of caffeine, which in turn beneficial for your heart (as it prevents cardio-vascular diseases), if consumed in limited quantity.
- Suitable for those who are bachelors, travelers, office use and stay overs.
- The brewing temperature is steady which make the coffee grounds to release their delicious flavor and make the brewed coffee tastes strong and better than other coffee makers.
- The only drawbacks of this French Press are that it won’t give perfect taste to the coffee if it is not brewed for a longer time. Sometimes, you may observe loose grounds floating on the coffee.
Things to Consider before Buying French Press Coffee Maker:
If you consider buying a French press, then here are some factors to be considered before its purchase to grab the best and most suited one, as per your requirement.
1. Body (Parts and Components):
Although, French press coffee maker comes with several small parts but there are 3 main components – carafe, plunger and lid, in which one should check while selecting this French press coffee maker.
Carafes – It holds the coffee grounds and water and pour the brewed coffee out from a small spout. The carafes are generally made with tempered glass (won’t interfere with brewing, looks stylish and gives clear view on brewing process but breaks easily), stainless steel (thermal carafes which won’t interfere with brewing and won’t break up easily but we can’t see the brewed coffee due to its opaque nature) or plastic (not good for brewing coffee but won’t break easily and ideal for travellers).
Plungers – It consists of plunger, handle and filter. All you need is to push down the plunger and the built-in filter moves down and thereby makes the coffee ground to settle down at the bottom of the carafe. Also, make sure to inspect the sides of the filter while purchasing.
Top / Lid – There are some slight variations on these tops/lids of the French Press coffee maker. So, check the lid carefully in which it seals off the heat from making an escape. You can just twist the top to make the coffee pass through the spout.
The filter is literally like a heart of the French Press. So, you have to be careful while choosing the filter of the French Press. Some models come with dual filters in which the additional filter would take care of the grounds in case if they escaped from the first filter. This will ensure you from the finer tasting coffee without getting grounds.
French press coffee makers come in a variety of sizes and some common sizes available are 3-cup, 8-cup & 12-cup presses, in which the 1 cup is being measured as 4 ounces. Also, remember that the designs of this French press coffee maker will vary from crazy colored plastics to classic stainless steel. So, choose the best one as per their requirement.
However, most of the people will check whether the style or model of this French Press will suit for their kitchen or not. Some models have hot curves which will complement the kitchen but never ever overlook performance.
5. Durable Frame:
The durable frame of this French Press will make it last longer and brew the coffee perfectly. So, most of the models come with glass frame rather than stainless steel why because they won’t interfere with brewing, looks stylish and gives clear view on brewing process but the only drawback is that they breaks easily, in case accidentally fall down.
Quality always matters a lot, especially while considering the material of the product. In general, the French press coffee maker comes in glass, stainless steel and plastic. Most of the experts suggest investing in a stainless steel or glass but won’t go with plastic stuff. So, choose it wisely.
7. Price / Budget:
It would be cheaper than any other coffee machines available in the market. The price of the French Press is interrelated to its size and material used for its construction. We find cost differentiations between various brands of coffee makers.
8. Durability & Portability:
Choose and select a French press coffee maker that is strong, durable and long lasting. It should have a solid construction which won’t prone to shattering and be strong enough to succumb to wear and tear. This coffee pot should be small in size to make them easy to carry with you when you’re going outside. So, pay attention to its weight and overall durability to keep it long lasting.
Always, it is advisable to purchase a product that comes with a warranty why because in case you notice any issue then its warranty will cover up and you won’t have to repair it at your cost.
How to make/brew French Press Coffee?
Here is a quick guide that let you know how to brew the coffee by using the French press coffee maker.
- Take any of the French press coffee maker and remove the plunger.
- Rinse the beaker with hot water to clean / prepare it for brewing.
- Grind the coffee grounds and add the coarse ground coffee to the French Press.
- Pour hot water into the carafe (the general ratio of coffee ground to water in the beaker is 1:2 , for 1-part coffee grounds, you have to add 2 parts of hot water).
- Stir it well and allow it to settle down on the bottom of the beaker.
- Wait for 3 – 4 minutes and depress the plunger and place the lid to suppress the coffee grounds to bottom.
- Remember not to press the piston/plunger, as it upset the coffee grounds, disturb the brewing process and thereby results in bitterness to the coffee. So, perform this action steadily.
- Finally, pour the brewed coffee in a cup and enjoy the coffee.
- After drinking coffee and emptying the coffee maker, you have to clean / rinse it thoroughly with hot water to make it use for the next time.
Models of French Press Coffee Makers:
There are various types of French Press coffee makers available in the market. You can select the best one that suits perfect for your requirement.
Glass Carafe Presses – You can find the French press coffee makers with glass carafe that comes in every size (3, 4, 8 & 12 cup sizes) like Bodum Chambord, Sterling Pro, Kona Press, Grosche Rome, etc.
Stainless Steel Presses – They are hard to break and hard to scratch body with tough plastic handle. They come with a vacuum flask and press combined that allow you to enjoy the best coffee.
Double–Walled Stainless Steel – It comes with a good insulating quality, which keep the coffee warm / cool for a longer time. Due to the stainless-steel construction, this coffee maker is unbreakable and must have in every modern kitchen.
Stoneware Press Pots – It comes with ultra-hard surface with heavy weight and allows you to clean them easily.
Travel Mug French Press – Suitable for those who are in morning journeys and workplaces, where the coffee taste is not good. One can easily carry the stainless-steel travel mugs which comes with insulating double wall and an excellent lid to prevent spillages.
Tips for French Press Coffee Makers:
- If you want to brew a right coffee that stored in a correct way and ground to the right size, then prefer to use stainless steel mesh of the filter. This is relatively coarse and make the filtration process quick and easy.
- Never ever use fine coffee grounds why because it passes through the filters and make the coffee muddy & foul tasting.
- Make sure to buy the correct size of coffee ground for French press or else simply use a coffee bean grinder to get the right bean size for brewing this coffee.
- While considering the bean grinder, always use Burr grinders rather than Blade grinders. The reason is that burr grinders will produce a consistent and uniform medium grind and thereby results in right texture and great tasting French Press coffee.
- Prefer to roast your own coffee beans or else simply purchase the freshly roasted coffee in limited quantity and store them carefully. Make sure to use it quickly.
- Prefer light roast coffee beans rather than dark roast to get avoid bitterness in your coffee and also avoid using beans which are meant for espresso.
- Avoid exposing the coffee to air or too much heat (or sunlight) why because the flavors from the aromatic oils in the coffee beans gets spoiled and thereby results in bitter flavor of coffee when they are used to brew coffee.
- Don’t allow the plunger to rest on the ground coffee after extraction.
- Also, make sure to pack the roasted coffee beans or its power in an airtight container or vacuum sealed jars to protect its fresh aroma and taste.
- If you’re in hurry or traveling a lot then this French press coffee is suitable for you, as it brews coffee quickly. Also, they are specially designed travel mugs which allow you to brew the coffee directly.
Frequently Asked Questions:
A French Press is a beaker with a piston/plunger that are usually made with either glass or stainless steel. This French Press is much easier than any other coffee making machine. You came to know how to use this French Press whenever you brought it.
Burr grinder is recommended for this French Press why because the fine coffee grounds will make the coffee muddy why because the plunger is unable to hold the coffee ground on the bottom and gets spread all over the liquid. So, prefer to ground the coffee beans into coarse to stay on the bottom and get clear coffee.
Using coffee maker without cleaning for the second will definitely change the taste of your coffee (brewed from next time onwards). So, here is the step by step process which help you to properly clean the French Press.
1. Take out the remaining coffee grounds which are at the bottom of the coffee maker.
2. Prefer to use them as a fertilizer for your plants or garden.
3. Then fill half part of the beaker with warm water and add a little bit of soap in it.
4. Avoid washing the coffee maker with your hands, as it won’t be effective.
5. Now press the plunger into the beaker and release it.
6. Perform this action for a couple of times and this process will give an even cleaning to the beaker.
7. Continue this process for a 2 – 3 times till you make sure that there is no grounds or oil residues left in the beaker.
8. After thorough cleaning, let it dry completely to use it for next time.
Drinking a bitter coffee is always frustrating for some people. So, here are a few ways which you can bypass this bitterness and prevent the coffee undrinkable.
Buy high quality coffee beans – Instead of purchasing the ground coffee (if spoiled causes bitter taste), you can buy whole beans and grind it yourself whenever you need to prevent the fresh aroma and thereby bitterness in your coffee.
Avoid over extracting the coffee – Make sure to pour the coffee into the cups as soon as the brewing process is completed. If left for a longer time on the grounds, then it results in bitter taste.
Don’t pour hot or boiling water – Pouring hot water over the grounds will result in increasing the bitterness in your coffee. So, make sure to pour warm water for brewing your coffee in this French Press.
Clean the French Press regularly – Make sure to clean the French Press after each and every usage. The caffeine oil or the old grounds may cause bitterness, if not cleaned properly.
Our top pick from the above list of best French Press coffee makers is InstaCuppa French Press Coffee Maker, which comes with a capacity of 1000 ml and made with high grade stainless steel material construction and comes with double walled vacuum insulation, which helps to keep the coffee hot / cold for a longer time. Its 4 level superior filtration system will filter out the coffee whereas the easy to grip and pour this coffee through V-shaped spout without spilling.
So, why waiting, just simply scroll up and order your best French press coffee maker in 2021 with confidence to start brewing your perfect cup of coffee.
Do you have any queries on this French Press Coffee Maker or on its purchase? Then feel free to share it with us in the below comments box.